Newport News Marriott at City Center Reviews

Newport News Marriott at City Center 7
  • 10102020

Brianna Williams · Getting married on 10/10/2020

Pre-review

Thus far Cherelle has answered all of my questions and responds to calls or emails quickly. I'm excited to see what she has planned for our special day! I can't wait to leave a 5 star review after our wedding.

Sent on 08/28/2019
  • Arlene

Arlene · Married on 06/01/2019

So Worth It

I cannot tell you enough how much we are so happy that we chose this location to have our wedding and our reception. It was worth every dime that we spent because of the level of care and service that this staff put into our wedding. They were so kind and very attentive. We felt like royalty. We have so many good memories to share for a long time.

Sent on 06/18/2019

Montina · Married on 09/29/2018

Everything was beautiful!!! A special shout out to Cherrelle Artis and her staff they are definitely the Bomb!!! The food was so delicious. Thanks again the Jones's

Sent on 10/07/2018

Marlo · Married on 07/06/2018

My wedding and reception were both held at this venue. From beginning to end, it was a great experience! Cherrelle is awesome!! She was very hands on throughout the process. On the day of, there were absolutely no issues, it was perfect!! The entire team was accommodating and the food was delicious. We received nothing but positive feedback from our guests. It was truly an amazing day, I think that is a result of having a good team of invidials to work with! I definitely recommend using this venue!

Sent on 07/26/2018

Trashia · Married on 05/27/2018

Cherrelle,

Is the Bomb!!!!!! The staff and food is out of this world.! Cherrelle, answered all our questions in a quickly manner and worked with us closely to ensure everything was perfect for our day. The prices are great compared to the service and kindness you get with the Marriott. I am one happy Bride!!!! thanks so much for making my dreams come true! What an excellent way to start a life time of happiness;)

Sent on 06/02/2018
    Newport News Marriott at City Center 8

Terri · Married on 05/25/2018

Weddings are stressful especially on a Holiday weekend. My daughter had a fantastic Wedding.
    Cherrelle, Renee and Simone worked their magic and made this a successful event. They are professional and take the stress out of this affair. I am grateful for their services and would book another event through them . We booked the Rotunda and a banquet area. The Rotunda was breathtaking!

Sent on 07/24/2018
    Newport News Marriott at City Center 9

Krista · Married on 01/20/2018

Amazing Venue! Wonderful Team!

Sent on 02/12/2018

Pam · Married on 11/11/2017

Nicole and the entire catering staff were very professional and exceeded our expectations. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect and beautiful venue for our daughter's wedding.

Sent on 11/27/2017

Karin · Married on 10/21/2017

This venue was exceptional the staff is wonderful courteous helpful thank you for making this a wonderful day for my daughter!

Sent on 08/09/2018
    Newport News Marriott at City Center 10
    Newport News Marriott at City Center 11
  • Tenise

Tenise · Married on 07/15/2017

Marriott is very nice....kinda pricey but overall nice. For the amount of money you pay nothing really comes with it but food and set-up/clean-up.

However, Brianna and her team are amazing!! I love working with her she is always on point and contacts you back with the information that you need. I would recommend the Marriott in Newport News if you are looking for a venue to host your event!

Sent on 03/21/2017

LaToya · Married on 05/06/2017

My husband and I got married at the Marriott at City Center on May 6th and it was absolutely amazing. We had a late change of venue and was on pens and needles looking for a new location that could accommodate 200+ guest and possibly provide lodging. From our initial contact with Brianna, we knew and felt that we were in good hands. She was very responsive and detailed oriented. Words truly cannot describe the service Brianna provided.

Our ceremony was held in the Rotunda which provided an intimate setting. I really loved the double staircase. We also held our reception the Pearl Ballroom. Our guest loved the buffet and spoke highly of the staff and hotel. The room was nice and spacious for 200 guest. Everyone was extremely nice and attentive to not only our needs but also our guest.

The location is ideal with shops, restaurants, and a movie theater within walking distance. I would definitely recommend hosting a wedding or any other type of event here.

Sent on 05/22/2017

Fara · Married on 03/11/2017

Our sincerest thanks to the Catering and Event Staff of the Newport News Marriott at City Center for our daughter's wonderful wedding March 11, 2017. It was such fun; everyone had a great time!

The service was beyond excellent and accommodating, the food was fantastic and plentiful, the venue beautiful and spacious. We couldn't have had a more positive experience.

From the Catering Sales Manager who worked with us from the beginning and at every step along the way; to the bartender who could not have been more personable and competent; to the Buffet Manager who was ever-present and caring; to the staff who served us hors d'oeuvres, kept the water glasses filled, cleared plates, and just took such exquisite care of us.

The staff who stayed with us for the evening were not just observant they anticipated our every need. They worked quietly and efficiently, there when needed - but never obtrusive.

The Catering and Event staff of the Newport News Marriott at City Center made our daughter’s and new son-in-law's wedding day theirs! --- just the way they envisioned it to be.

For this, we thank you.
    Appreciatively,
    Fara

Sent on 03/13/2017

Sara Jane · Married on 03/11/2017

We loved working with the Marriott's entire team for our wedding - every detail fell into place perfectly. The space was beautiful, the staff warm and accommodating to our needs, and the food was outstanding. We couldn't have asked for a more thoughtful and caring team to help us pull off our special day. Thank you for EVERYTHING!

Sent on 03/21/2017

Carolyn · Married on 02/25/2017

The Marriott team made our wedding reception a memorable event. Everyone from Brianna Booth to each of the wait staff was superb, customer service at its highest.

Sent on 03/06/2017
  • Darlene

Darlene · Married on 01/07/2017

Our contact person, Brianna, was absolutely amazing! She never made me feel like I had too many questions or a dumb question. The food was excellent, the service was excellent. Worth every penny.

Sent on 01/13/2017

Latisha · Married on 11/19/2016

I would like to thank Brianna for everything that she's done for me with regards to making sure that my wedding went smoothly. From January 2016 all the way until November 19, 2016, Brianna responded to each and every one of my emails, consisting of thousands of questions, within the same hour or day. I never felt like I was being ignored or that I was bothersome to her. Her professionalism and beautiful personality made me feel confident that The Newport News Marriott @ City Center was the best venue to have my wedding ceremony and reception. My family and friends raved at how well the Marriott's staff attended to their needs promptly and that they never felt they had to do without. I would highly, without a doubt, recommend Brianna to assist anyone with their event needs!

Sent on 12/18/2016

b · Married on 11/05/2016

Marriott City Center was fabulous to work with! Brianna was our event coordinator. She followed up on every detail, and helped make our event very special. This was a once in a lifetime event and we are so glad we had it at the Marriott. Guests loved the food, the cocktail hour, and enjoyed staying at the hotel. Terrific service!

Sent on 11/10/2016

We had a wonderful experience at our son and daughter in laws wedding celebration. We thought the food was delicious and plentiful.

The only thing I would have done differently was the cocktail hour. I was not in on the selection or amount but there was not a large enough selection. Also the area where the cocktail hours was held was tight and we had to walk through another wedding to get to ours. Other than that everything was perfect. thank you

Sent on 10/31/2016

Donna and John · Married on 10/22/2016

Brianna Booth was very professional and thorough in helping to plan our daughter's wedding reception! We were very pleased with the process from reserving the ballroom, to the food tasting, and finally the reception itself! Everything was beautiful and we were extremely pleased with not only Brianna, but with the entire Marriott staff and servers. We highly recommend Brianna and the Marriott for wedding receptions! Also, the food was delicious and accommodating.

Sent on 11/02/2016

Hope · Married on 10/14/2016

Brianna was a pleasure to work with in planning our big day. She was very accommodating and answered all of our requests, changes, and vendor assistance. I alwYs felt as if there was nothing she could not accomplishe. Our wedding went exactly as plan and there was absolutely no stress throughout the planning and implementation of our beautiful wedding. Thank you, Brianna. The reception team led by Ms. crescent was top notch as well. The guest raved about the food and the service. Thank you so much for a flawless service. Our bartender, Jordan was attentive to us as well. He often came to our table asking if we needed a drink. Our glasses was never empty. Thank you , Jordan. To all the Marriott staff behind the scene my husband and I thank you too.

Sent on 12/13/2016

Delores · Married on 10/08/2016

From the first time I picked up the phone and called Marriott at Center Brianna until now (even after the event is over), everyone and everything was superb. From the hotel rooms, to the scrumptious food, to the set up of the room, there is not one complaint I can make. Brianna far exceeded my expectations. She went above and beyond to make our day special. If I could add bells and whistles to this comments, I would. Thanks for a job well done, Marriott! We are well pleased!!!!

Sent on 10/24/2016

tammy · Married on 10/01/2016

Brianna Booth was simply amazing to work with, she was extremely organized and professional. Brianna was helpful through out the process. she always responsed with a sense of urgency to any question we presented to her. Brianna made me feel as if I was the only bride she working with. The red coat captain was a wonderful addition to our experience with Brianna and the Marriott. She was attentive during our rehearsal dinner and reception. My family commented after the wedding, " The red coat captain was the extra touch to a perfect day". I would say to any bride that is looking for the once in a lifetime moment, contact the Marriott and request Brianna Booth as your event planner. You won't be disappointed , she is a talented individual or goes above and beyond to make your special day everything you drea med it would be.
    Tammy Brown

Sent on 06/07/2017

Fred · Married on 09/30/2016

Great Staff and Team! We could not have asked for a better location with such a professional staff! Thanks for making it a great event!

Sent on 10/04/2016

Roxanne · Married on 09/10/2016

Newport News City Center Marriott” - Our Daughters Ceremony and Reception was held at this beautiful location September 10,2016. Our event cordanators Brianna Booth was personal, knowledgeable, and hands on during our year and a half planning process. The entire staff from reservation, uplighting, banquet food service was excellent. The entire crew deserve a raise for the quality of customers satisfaction it was an outstanding experience. Roxanne Williams

Sent on 09/23/2016