Newhall Mansion Reviews

Newhall Mansion 7
  • kathy

kathy · Married on 12/15/2018

A Beautiful Venue!

This venue is so stunning. We also loved that we (and some friends/family) could use the facility the entire weekend. That really took a lot of stress off the wedding weekend. The staff (especially Adam) is INCREDIBLY responsive and flexible. They are truly there to make your day go smoothly. (And they do a TON of weddings, so they know how to).

Newhall Mansion 9

Raquel · Married on 11/03/2018

Outstanding!

The greatest and most wonderful experience! Could not have ask for a more attentive, kind, open & professional staff. Truly went above and beyond to help create an outstanding wedding not only for us, but more importantly for our guests. Adam the house manager was so attentive and open to my ideas. Theresa our catering manager was patient and provided many wonderful suggestions. The food was phenomenal and our guests are still talking about how delicious it was. The wait staff and bartenders were unbelievable in their service and attention to detail. Krista and Jacqueline were our day of coordinators who anticipated our every need and made sure the day went on without a hitch. Everyone involved was spectacular. I cannot sing their praises enough. The single greatest decision I made in planning my wedding was picking the Newhall Mansion, the Newhall Mansion Catering and Tricia Dahlgren Events!

Linda · Married on 08/11/2018

I love love this venue! The manager, Adam was such a great help to us and was very flexible with anything we wanted done for our wedding. He really went above and beyond to make sure our day was perfect! I will highly recommend this venue for any couple who wants to get married. It such a beautiful venue and a great place to take pictures at as well. This venue is honestly breath taking and it’s so unique! and also you can spend the whole weekend there with your loved ones! Which is a plus ! Book this venue ! You will not be disappointed I promise you!

Kristin · Married on 06/23/2018

I don't think words can really describe how amazing the Newhall Mansion is. The venue is absolutely beautiful and so much fun to stay at. My guests were stunned by its beauty. I was stunned at how amazing the staff was there. Adam was always so easy to get a hold of and made the wedding planning process so easy. Krista made my wedding so beautiful and it ran like clock work. We also hired the catering staff and the food was to die for! I got so many complements on not only how good the food was but how much there was. No one left hungry. I highly recommend this venue for any event!

Newhall Mansion 10

Daniela · Married on 05/26/2018

Wedding Weekend in a Magical Oasis

The Mansion was DIVINE. We wanted a place that we could stay all weekend (from rehearsal to post-wedding brunch), and a place that was furnished so we wouldn't have to decorate it ourselves. The Mansion was all that and MORE. It is surrounded by nature - mountains, trees, flowers, natural sunlight - and truly feels like an oasis. We loved being able to explore and have depth and layers to the party, to make each room our own (e.g. gift room, cake room, coffee area, cocktail area, tapas area), and to dance down in the man cave after hours. The team that works here is an absolute dream, always making you feel comfortable and supported. They also have the best vendor recs, since they know the wedding business inside and out! We went with virtually every recommendation. I could not be more grateful or delighted, we're still talking about it half a year later. THANK YOU, in particular to Adam and Nicole, you are ANGELS.

A · Married on 05/19/2018

Adam and all of the staff at Newhall Mansion were amazing to work with. They made this experience easy and fun throughout the planning process, and absolutely seamless on the day of. We had an incredible time during our stay at Newhall, and couldn't recommend it more!

• Sarah

Sarah · Married on 04/07/2018

It will be impossible for me to say enough nice things about this beautiful venue in one short review, but I'll do my best. The Newhall Mansion and the amazing staff they employ made my dream wedding happen.

From the very beginning we new that Adam was going to be a great resource. His knowledge about the mansion itself and all of the events they've had there is encyclopedic. He was responsive and helpful at every turn. He was incredibly accommodating to any and all of our requests. And on the day even our guests were telling me how great he was.

The flow of the weekend form the rehearsal dinner on Friday to checking out Sunday morning was perfect. The grounds are well kept, the house is beautifully maintained, and it all felt like being pampered at a five star hotel. The mansion also has no required vendors, which was important to me (though everyone on their recommended list is incredible). The arch, and tables and chairs for the ceremony and reception are also includued.

We also used the mansion's coordinator (which they provide for you at no extra cost!) and their in house catering and loved both. Krista and Vivianna were rockstars on the day. If anything went wrong, I certainly never heard about it. The catering was also incredibly creative and accommodating as we built our menu and the food was SUPURB. The staff the day of the event was great, handling the service with perfect professionalism.

I know I'm really going on about this but here is the take away: the mansion was one of the best selections we made for our wedding. The guests loved it, every one of the 20 guests who stayed there loved it, and our wedding was perfect and beautiful thanks in large part to the wonderful people who work there.

Thank you to Adam, Krista, Vivianna, Theresa, Jesse, and everyone else who worked with me during the planning or on the day itself!

Newhall Mansion 11
    Newhall Mansion 12
    Newhall Mansion 13

Jade · Married on 03/31/2018

This venue aloud me to have my dream wedding! My husband and I had looked at several places before we came into the small desolate town turned down the road and like a fairytale, this beautiful mansion! We both cried during our initial tour! Ok now forget about the venue... Adam is the absolute best! He made everything so easy and was so kind and helpful! He’s really willing to work with each couple and was so accommodating! My wedding was the best day of my life and my friends and family will not stop talking about how beautiful and fun it was! I am so glad I found this venue! It’s everything I dreamed of and so much more! Thanks Adam! Thanks WeddingWire for helping me find my perfect venue!

Newhall Mansion 14
    Newhall Mansion 15
    Newhall Mansion 16
    Newhall Mansion 17
    Newhall Mansion 18
    Newhall Mansion 19

Lindsey · Married on 03/17/2018

The Newhall mansion is one of a kind, but the experience would never have been soon so amazing if it were not for the incredible staff. Adam, Krista, and the catering staff were absolutely incredible and helped to create a magical wedding for my husband and I — A wedding we will already remember and treasure! Thank again!!!

Newhall Mansion 20
    Newhall Mansion 21

Megan · Married on 03/03/2018

I fell in love with Newhall mansion the moment I saw it! I just knew I had to get married here. When I contacted Adam to talk about pricing and availability he was so helpful. We used the in house catering service which was absolutely AMAZING!! From the food to the service! Our wedding day went off without a hitch thanks to all the staff of the mansion. It was so much more fun to be be able to stay in the mansion for the weekend. If you are thinking of using the mansion as your venue you will not be disappointed. All of our friends and family are still raving about our wedding and telling us that it was hands down one of the most amazing venues and set ups they have ever seen ??

Sarah · Married on 02/17/2018

Newhall Mansion is really a one of a kind venue!!! The architectural beauty and history are just staggering and then the service and accommodations are just excellent!! Adam, the site manager struck me as a good hearted person who is sincerely dedicated to each and every single wedding. I really appreciated the sense of personal stake and responsibility he took with our wedding and working with us on ensuring the success of every single aspect of it. Our wedding was multiple days with an inordinate variety of emergencies occurring (one of which was a fire in the area of the venue!!) and the way he pulled through despite all of that was unbelievable. We had our catering done through their vendor and Theresa was just amazing. We meticulously worked through a multi-cultural fusion menu together and once I tasted her results from it, I was floored. To put it simply, her taste is impeccably refined and our wedding dinner was exceptional. The venue itself was just transformative. Our guests, local and out of town, could not comprehend the overwhelming beauty of everything. So many of them afterwards described it as simply magical and mesmerizing. I can't recommend booking Newhall Mansion enough. My wedding far exceeded even my most outlandish expectations and was an affair my husband and I, our family and our guests will remember and cherish forever.

Newhall Mansion 22
    Newhall Mansion 27
    Newhall Mansion 28
    Newhall Mansion 29

Kelli · Married on 10/14/2017

Over a year ago, we started our search for a wedding venue, and until we found the Newhall Mansion I was a bit worried. I never really thought that we'd find a place that exceeded every expectation, but we did. And we're already thinking about a reunion of sorts - how to go back in five years, maybe ten - so that we can spend more time in a place that quickly became so special to us.

When you drive through the gates at the Newhall, if it doesn't hit you like a ton of bricks that you've found something special - then just wait until you head inside. Adam, the general manager and one of the most helpful people I've ever met in my entire life, will take you on a tour that makes it difficult to remember why you ever looked anywhere else. At least that's how we felt. Even if you're not sure from the pictures alone, I recommend the in-person tour. That really sealed the deal for us.

We spent the weekend at the mansion, and enjoyed every minute. One of the things we specifically looked for was a place where we could all stay - that wasn't simply a hotel somewhere close to a venue. Being able to hang out for more than the typical 6-10 hours allowed at other venues, made a huge difference. We had everything at the mansion - from rehearsal dinner to goodbye brunch. There are so many spaces to utilize and we made sure to spread things around.

The Newhall also provides coordinations services. It's included when you book, and Krista couldn't have been a better fit for us. Day of, I didn't have to worry about anything. There's also an assistant who stays with the bride the whole day, through the ceremony. Kinnika made me feel like I didn't have to worry about the timetable. As someone who is very used to being the organizer of other people, I felt comfortable letting go here, and that was a great surprise.

In short, we love that we got married at the Newhall. Take the tour, and see for yourself.

Grace · Married on 10/07/2017

I cannot be more pleased with the Newhall Mansion team and venue! My husband and I got married the first weekend in October and it was B-E-A-UTIFUL! The weather was quite warm during the day and temperate in the evening. Personally, I never felt cold because I was too busy dancing the whole night, but we had pyramid heat lamps that really set the mood and provide heat for the non-dancers. If it weren't for such a beautiful venue and awesome team, I don't think it could have been the best day of my life (which it turned out to be!). The entire team is so friendly, so helpful, and so professional. A huge thank you to Adam Brooks, who always went above and beyond to make sure we were well taken care of and to answer all of our endless questions. Newhall Mansion Catering is a must-book! Theresa and Jesse are awesome to work with and delivered quality food and drinks for our very special day. Also, Krista Dison and Nari (sp?) from Tricia Dahlgren Events were a lifesaver! I planned my wedding from the SF Bay Area, so my coordination with Krista was done via email. On the day of our rehearsal and the day of our wedding, Krista and her assistant, Nari, made sure everything went perfectly! I couldn't have been more pleased with how everything turned out. It truly was a dream wedding!

Holly · Married on 09/23/2017

We got married at the Newhall Mansion last month and had a wonderful experience not only that weekend but the entire year leading up to it. Adam (manager) and Krista (coordinator) were both so friendly, responsive and helpful the entire time! We got SO many compliments on our venue due to it's uniqueness, beauty and exclusivity! I almost wanted to go to a venue like Calamigos which we'd only get for part of the day and there'd be many weddings going on at the same time. With Newhall we had the whole venue to ourselves for two days and it was just about us. We were able to have our rehearsal dinner, family brunches, getting ready, ceremony and reception all in the same place which made the weekend A LOT less stressful! It was also wonderful that we had the option to have our entire wedding party stay there both nights which made it easy to spend time together! No zooming back and forth between hotels and venues. We were all just there! The house is BEYOND GORGEOUS and is so well kept! Everywhere you look there's some beauty and detail to discover. Can we talk about the tavern basement too? It made for the ultimate man cave and it was so much fun hanging out down there after the reception! The bridal suite is also huge, beautiful and new! Every room is beautiful and the grounds made for the perfect setting! We got beautiful and unique photos and video from it! Choosing Newhall Mansion was one of the best decisions we made about our wedding and we definitely recommend it!

Newhall Mansion 30
    Newhall Mansion 31
    Newhall Mansion 32
    Newhall Mansion 33

Danielle · Married on 09/09/2017

Beautiful venue, Great staff, makes for an AMAZING wedding!

karina · Married on 08/12/2017

We just got married there on 8/12/17. Best decision I ever made! It was more than amazing! The venue is impeccable, staff is amazing and the overall experience is perfect! I would recommend this venue to anyone! Adam was so responsive and helpful every step of the way! Jesse (catering) went above and beyond and the food was absolutely perfect! I wish I could do it all over again! Anyone looking for a venue, Newhall Mansion is the place to get married!!!!

Sonny · Married on 07/08/2017

Newhall Mansion is a DREAM LOCATION for a wedding, and Ceazar and I are so happy to have that dream come true. From the first walkthrough of the venue, my then fiance and I were in awe by the beauty of the grounds and the details of mansion. Every room is unique and special in its own way. And when you think you've seen it all, the magical Tavern will blow you away. The mansion is picturesque and breathtaking. The staff is great too. But I'd to highlight the manager Adam. Adam is warm and welcoming, and by far the best host that's ever housed our family under one roof. He's super quick with responding to any questions and very accommodating. Our wedding was held on a the hottest day of the year and we don't think it'll be as successful and enjoyable without Adam. Along with our wedding coordinator, he made sure the event ran smoothly. Overall, if we were given the option to relive our wedding weekend at the greatest venue on earth, we'd do it again in a heartbeat. Thank you Newhall Mansion for being amazing, unique, and special!

Chip · Married on 05/27/2017

The first time we visited the mansion, we knew this was where we wanted to have our wedding. Adam, the property manager, is so helpful, nice and accommodating. He responded quickly to every email, made suggestions for other vendors and made us feel like he always had time for us during the planning stages. On the weekend of the wedding, he was amazing. He really had a way of making us feel like the mansion was ours for the weekend. In our contract, we had a day of coordinator, Krista, who was so helpful. Again, very responsive on the emails, gave great advice and asked questions that really helped in our planning. We also hired the mansions catering company, led by chef Jesse. He worked with us to create a menu that we loved and food that our guests raved over. We had a few specific things we wanted with the menu (a memorable salad dressing being on) and Jesse delivered. Again, quick to respond on emails, great insights and such a joy to work with (as was everyone). On the wedding night, Jesse, Krista and Adam were all there and they seemed genuinely happy for us and relaxed (especially considering they were running a wedding for 160 people!). The house itself is magical. The rooms are all so cool, beds are comfortable and being able to have our wedding party stay the weekend made the wedding even better. We got there Friday night, held a small rehearsal dinner at the mansion and then Saturday was perfect. Krista prepared an excellent weekend schedule that made vendor deliveries and arrivals easy. The photos came out beautifully because the grounds are incredible. Green grass, flowers in bloom and so many great spots for photos. We really could not have had a more perfect wedding day and weekend. Adam, Krista, Jesse and everyone else we worked with made it such a wonderful experience. We loved every second of the weekend and have no complaints, no regrets and no doubts that this was the best place for us to have our wedding.

megan · Married on 04/22/2017

We have booked the Newhall Mansion for our location to be married and I couldn't be more happy! This place was beyond anything I have ever imagined the second I stepped foot in the door! It's beautiful, modern, old fashioned, and just perfect! What's even better is that we have the whole location to ourselves for the entire weekend to enjoy with our bridal party and loved ones. It's like an overnight hotel that we can enjoy with everyone! I must say...GO CHECK IT OUT!!! The pictures don't do this gorgeous place justice!!

Leah · Married on 04/01/2017

Newhall Mansion was the first and only venue that we toured. At first sight, we knew it was the perfect place for us!
    Adam was great to work with all throughout the planning stages. Personable, knowledgeable, flexible...just great :)
    The grounds are beautiful and well maintained and you really don't have to add much to décor for your event. It speaks for itself.
    It's been over a month since our wedding and people are still talking about the location...truly a hidden gem just outside of LA.
    I'd recommend Newhall Mansion again and again!

Katie · Married on 03/11/2017

This venue is truly magical. Adam , Tricia , and Jesse were a pleasure to work with. They were extremely accommodating to any of our requests. Our guests are saying it's the most beautiful venue they have ever been too. You really can't go wrong with this place!

Marissa · Married on 02/25/2017

Best day of our life, thank you!

shantelle · Married on 11/19/2016

The Newhall Mansion was our DREAM wedding venue!! It has everything you could ever want for an intimate, classy, old Hollywood style wedding. The house and property are magnificent and immaculate. It's a surprising location and a bit off the grid but as soon as you enter the gates, you feel like you're in an entirely different world reminiscent of Great Gatsby era. We loved that every room has a theme and exquisite design...our favorites being the underground tavern and angelic bridal suite. It was incredible to have 8 bedrooms for our closest family and wedding party to enjoy the entire wedding weekend together. We loved working with Adam, he is incredibly accommodating and passionate about his job. He won't steer you wrong as he knows EVERYTHING about the mansion and can help you resolve any potential issue. The recommended list of vendors is great, especially event planning by Tricia Dahlgren Events. The combination of Tricia and Adam working together on your wedding means you will NOT have a hiccup on your big day and they will handle everything flawlessly. Literally, the only draw back (which can also be seen as a plus) is the location is 20+ minutes from the nearest hotel and there aren't very many cabs in the area so getting guests to and from is a bit of a hassle and needs to be planned for well in advance. But overall, Newhall Mansion is a tremendous venue with a great value! We are even talking about renewing our vows at the Mansion again in the future :)

samantha · Married on 11/05/2016

I couldn't have asked for a better experience. The mansion was perfect for our ceremony and reception and Adam was absolutely the best to work with. He was so responsive and easy to work with!