Newagen Seaside Inn Reviews

43 | Southport, ME

43 Reviews for Newagen Seaside Inn

Maura Daly · Married on 06/29/2019

Our DREAM wedding!

Newagen gave us our dream wedding. Newagen had been very special to us before we shared our special day there, but after spending our wedding weekend there with all of our closest friends and family, the inn and all of the staff truly hold a very special place in our heart’s. The feel of the inn is simply spectacular. As the bride, I never once felt stressed once I stepped on the property. It’s actually impossible NOT to relax there. The staff are all extremely helpful, approachable, and ensured that every single person had the best time imaginable. Sandy worked so hard execute everything as smoothly as possible. She was a joy to work with every step of the way. Corinne, Abby, Debbie, Tian, Ricardo, Noelle, Tiffany, and Janele -(just to make a few!) made us and our guests feel like VIPs and by the end of our weekend the staff were like a part of our family. Another shoutout certainly goes to the cleaning staff and the landscaper, Doug who work so hard to keep the inn looking absolutely gorgeous inside and out! And of course, the FOOD was spectacular and we heard feedback that from many many guests. Nathaniel is truly a professional and a master at his craft. We can’t wait to return for many years to come. Thank you to everyone at Newagen for an OUT OF THIS WORLD wedding that completely exceeded all of our expectations.

Sent on 08/16/2019

Newagen Seaside Inn's reply:

And you, Maura, were our DREAM BRIDE. It was so special for all of us to watch your wedding bloom from proposal in the dead of the winter to ceremony on the most gorgeous day. You and Patrick are forever part of the Newagen family and we can't wait for you to bring your future children to visit.
  • Aimee

Aimee · Married on 05/04/2019

Amazing place to get married!!

Such an amazing weekend!!! One of the most important things my husband and I were looking at when choosing a venue was a place where our family and friends could make our own for the weekend and we absolutely got that at Newagen!! Between the rehearsal dinner, welcome party, and wedding itself we truly felt like we made the property our own and got lots of meaningful time with everyone. The scenery speaks for itself, the food at the Inn was great, but what really made the weekend perfect was the outstanding service at Newagen. Sandy Timberlake the wedding coordinator was always responsive to my constant emailing prior to the wedding and went above and beyond to take care of all of the set up for the weekend to ensure everything ran smoothly so I (and my sister and mother) could enjoy themselves. Abby the general manager is also wonderfully kind and even swooped in to pick up guests when our planned transportation had some hiccups. The bartenders, servers, and other staff were also so thoughtful and kind and did everything they could to make guests really feel at home! Only thing I wish is that we could do it all over again!!!

Sent on 06/26/2019
  • Katie

Katie Heins · Married on 10/13/2018

The best day!

The ten at the Newagen Seaside Inn made us feel like family! Our wedding day was perfect, everything down to the last detail!! Our friends and family could not have had a better time!!

Sent on 10/22/2018

Newagen Seaside Inn's reply:

Thank you, Katie! You and Tim were an absolute dream couple. We hope you'll come back to celebrate an anniversary with us!
  • Maria Patricia

Maria Patricia · Married on 06/09/2018

The most wonderful wedding weekend

I can’t believe I haven’t posted my review! It’s been over a year since our wedding weekend in June, but our friends and family still talk about how much fun they had. Though I am biased, I have been told by many that ours was the best wedding they had ever been to and I would have to agree! After our first meeting with Cheri, I knew that Newagen was THE place, and that was even on a cloudy day in October. She welcomed us with open arms and allowed us to envision our special day at Newagen. I primarily worked with Sandy Timberlake who was a joy to work with. She helped us through the process and making deadlines. From the laid back classic perfectly executed lobster bake by the ocean, with the giant chess game and fire pit, to the outside cocktail hour and wedding reception inside. The old school bowling and billiard room was the perfect post wedding party with snacks. Everything was executed perfectly. We ended with brunch the following morning. Also, the inn was newly renovated and all the cottages were fresh and inviting! I have the fondest memories and Newagen and the staff! Cheri and Sandy were amazing and anyone would be lucky to have their wedding weekend at this gorgeous Maine Inn.

Sent on 08/23/2019

Newagen Seaside Inn's reply:

Thank you, Maria! You and Andy were so fun to work with and your families were amazing. Sandy's daughter is in school in New Orleans and she's trying to get her to go see your brother's band! Can't wait to see you guys back here on property!

Alison · Married on 09/30/2017

Newagen Seaside Inn was the perfect place for our wedding. I can't say enough about our coordinator Maddie, the rest of the staff, the location, the food, and the accommodations. All of our guests (especially the ones who had never been to Maine) absolutely loved the location and had a wonderful time. We originally were going to have our reception inside but our guest count was a bit higher than planned so we switched to a tented wedding and the Inn was very accommodating. They reserve the entire weekend for your wedding only and it is so special to have your closest friends and family staying at the inn all together (we just wish we could have fit everyone there)! Everyone had a great time at the lobster bake the night before, a blast at the wedding, and so much fun in the Pine Room (an onsite after party location which was a huge hit - candle-pin bowling, bar, bar food, etc). I highly recommend this place and we cannot wait to come back for an anniversary!

Sent on 10/09/2017

Danni · Married on 09/02/2017

There are simply not enough good things to say about the Newagen Seaside Inn and we are beyond happy that we chose them as our wedding venue! There is something really special about being able to have all of your loved ones stay on site and to have every wedding-related event on one property. It doesn’t just make things easy and functional, it’s ridiculously fun too! As a guest, every person you run into that weekend is there for the same wedding you are, which creates a really exciting atmosphere. And as a bride or groom, it is awesome to not have to worry about how to get people from one place to the next and to know that the Newagen has a ton of fun things to do so you don’t need to be concerned about providing entertainment pre-wedding. There is the Pine Room, which has candlepin bowling, shuffleboard, pool, ping pong and more (this was a big hit with our guests not just during the after party but also throughout the weekend) and then there is a giant chess board, bicycles, corn hole, beautiful scenery to explore and of course, a bar!! And I should mention that the bar/pub serves AMAZING food. Besides being a prime location for both a party crowd and those who might be more into relaxing, the Newagen also has the most friendly, accommodating and genuinely fun staff I’ve ever encountered. They even danced with my Grandma during the reception and she can’t stop talking about what a great time she had with all of the folks who work there :). And then there is Maddie Rideout, Wedding Coordinator Extraordinaire! I had the best experience working with Maddie from start to finish. I never waited more than a couple of hours for a response to a question and felt that she was totally engaged in our wedding and committed to helping me bring our vision to life. By the time our wedding weekend rolled around, Maddie felt more like a friend than anything else. In short, we had the wedding weekend of our dreams and our guests are still telling us how much fun they had!

Sent on 09/25/2017

Annie · Married on 08/20/2016

We had such an amazing wedding weekend! It is so wonderful to have the entire property to yourselves-- and the food, beautiful ambiance and ocean backdrop, and special features (such as the Pine Room) provide such special and unique elements. Yet, working with our Event Coordinator, Amanda Richards, was the highlight. Amanda is organized, responsive, caring, and dedicated to her work. I felt totally at ease with her running the show! I highly recommend Newagen Seaside Inn.

Sent on 08/25/2016

Elise · Married on 07/30/2016

Our wedding at Newagen was the best day of our life. I had no worries while getting ready because I knew our event coordinator Maddie Rideout had our best interest at heart while she was setting up our space. We had both our ceremony (outside by the water) at Newagen and our reception (inside) at Newagen. The space was perfect for toasting, and eating, and dancing. Most of our guests told us that it was the best wedding they have ever attended. (Our lobster bake on the lawn with an open mic toasting opportunity also worked wonderfully and I was in tears with happiness most of the time!)

Sent on 08/09/2016

Nicole · Married on 08/13/2015

We toured Newagen in March when it was 1) under construction, 2) snowy, 3) muddy, 4) cold...AND WE FELL IN LOVE. When we returned again in May, we could not imagine how we would feel seeing the property looking sunny, green and all updated. Well it was more beautiful than we would have ever expected, and our 30 guests understood why we made them drive/fly 6+ hours to Newagen when they arrived for our August wedding. The beautiful property was one thing, but the customer service sealed the deal. Everywhere we went, someone was offering assistance (yet they were never around TOO much) and all were so accommodating to our guests. Carrie and Amanda did a great job helping plan and seeing that all went smoothly the day of. Couldn't have asked for a better spot.

Sent on 09/09/2015

Teddy · Married on 08/28/2014

We cannot say enough good things about Jeremy, Jason, Chelsea and all of the Newagen staff. From the moment we toured the inn grounds to when we said goodbye the day after our wedding there, the entire staff was nothing but welcoming, accommodating, and a true pleasure to work with. Our guests raved about the location, staff and food and told us between the inn, staff and ourselves, we set a new standard for weddings. As a bride planning from long distance, I didn't have to worry about a thing. The smallest details were taken care of, and always with professionalism and genuine kindness. We wish we could get married there again, but will definitely be back to visit!

Sent on 09/03/2014

Megan · Married on 08/02/2014

Our wedding at Newagen exceeding all expectations- it was absolutely perfect. We could not have asked for a better staff or setting. Many guests said it was the best wedding they had ever attended and we obviously agree. Jeremy, Jason and stafff have this down to a tee. Thank you for the most incredible weekend of our lives. It was the BEST!

Sent on 08/28/2014

Jessa · Married on 09/28/2013

Newagen Seaside Inn is worth MORE than every penny you spend. so many things to rave about where do I begin....
    It is truly a magical place, every wedding guest raved about it and want to come back again! This place makes you fall in love with Maine and the sea.
    I booked Newagen for my wedding before I was even able to visit in person but we had no regrets!
    The Inn is very secluded which adds to its beauty and charm. For your wedding weekend you get the whole property for your wedding guests and family, which feels so intimate and is just a ton of fun. I would highly recommend the new honeymoon suite, the Seahorse Cottage. It is beautiful with privacy and incredible view of the water, with porches. AND when you book the seahorse cottage you get the use of a golf cart to drive around the property, it came in handy to transport bridesmaids!
    My coordinator Jessica was THE BEST, incredibly organized and will help you with any planning you need. She was always great with communication and made sure every detail was taken care of. All of the staff at Newagen is great to work with as well.
    The food was very tasty, did not taste like bland wedding food at all. The blueberry sangria is super delicious!
    I had my wedding at the end of September (beautiful weather) and the ceremony was held on the lower lawn near the water (views were breathtaking with all the boats). The reception was in a tent (beautiful sail cloth tent!) on the same lower lawn. Between the rowboats, lawn for games, and Pine Room (game room) there was so much for guests to do during cocktail hour before dinner (and while wedding party was taking photos).
    Newagen knows how to do weddings, they think of everything and its an incredibly magical experience. The grounds are beautiful for wedding photos, we also did portraits at the All Saints by the Sea church that is just down the road from Newagen on Southport Island (the little church is right on the water and has an awesome dock for photos).

Sent on 06/06/2014
  • Greg

Greg · Married on 08/10/2013

As a wedding planner myself I searched far and wide looking for the perfect wedding location, dragging my fiancé to over 30 venues from the coast to the lakes region to the summit peaks... The Newagen Seaside Inn felt like the perfect fit as soon as we drive over the gorgeous swing bridges and tree lined driveway.

Our wedding was spectacular, being in the business we had very high expectations and the Newagen and their very friendly staff did a wonderful job executing our wedding. Please know no wedding is perfect, and hickups do come up along the way which leads to a great story down the road but the Newagen was very professional with handling each situation.

The biggest compliment is when your guests are atill talking about your wedding almost a year later! The food was fabulous, farm to table, fresh and the presentation was outstanding! Jessica and Jeremy were very responsive on the day of and handled my very demanding family with ease. We are looking forward to going back to the Newagen for our anniversary years to come!

Sent on 05/20/2014

Rory · Married on 08/03/2013

I cannot say enough fantastic things about Newagen Seaside Inn and the staff who helped us with our wedding weekend. From start to finish I couldn't have asked for a better experience. Both Jason and Jessica were incredible to work with, put us at ease, and helped us to create the wedding of our dreams. If you're looking for a unique venue in Maine that provides a private retreat for your guests for the weekend, you've found the right place. Our friends and family are still raving about what an amazing location it was for a wedding. We're so happy with the way it turned out and can't wait to go back again soon!

Sent on 09/10/2013

sonia · Married on 07/13/2013

PERFECT. there really isn't much more to say. the food, the venue, the staff, the attention to detail - PERFECT. You can't ask for a more perfect setting or a more accommodating group of people with whom to work. Look at the Newagen. We did and that was that. It is gorgeous and PERFECT in every way!

Sent on 07/17/2013
  • User2083167 · 2+ years ago

My wedding was perfect! I can't imagine a more beautiful venue and incredible staff. My guests were amazed at everything from the organization, service, food and beauty. I cannot say enough good things. Newagen staff is exceptional. We truly had a fairy tale wedding here.

Sent on 10/19/2012

The staff at Newagen was wonderful to work with, particularly Jessica and Jason. Very flexible, easy to interact with, and professional. For those of us that don't live locally, they gave fabulous advice on local vendors and services. lnd the location is beautiful! I can't imagine a better place to have a wedding.

Sent on 11/14/2012

Jennifer · Married on 09/01/2012

Newagen exceeded all of our expectations. The scenery, staff, and accommodations were all fantastic—especially Jessica. We live in Missouri and had to book the entire event sight unseen. That sounds daunting, yet Jessica was there for us every step of the way. During the seven months leading up to the wedding she did an exceptional job communicating, organizing, and facilitating everything for our wedding weekend. Our guests were just as blown away as we were.

And the food!—Chef Fiona did a remarkable job on everything from the
    complimentary breakfast buffet each morning, to the hors d'oeuvres at our cocktail hour, and especially the reception dinner. And the late-night taco bar after the reception was a crowd favorite. People are still talking about our food four months later (in a good wayJ).

We highly recommend Newagen. It’s been four months, and we still can’t think of one thing either of us would change about our wedding weekend. Starting with the s’mores and bonfire Friday night all the way through the Monday departure and everything in between, it was perfect.

Sent on 01/05/2013

Wonderful! It's a beautiful spot with delicious food. And we couldn't have been happier with Jessica and the whole staff at Newagen. They were fantastically helpful and responsive throughout all the preparations for our wedding. On the big day, we felt incredibly comfortable leaving all the details in Jessica's hands and were really able to relax and enjoy every minute of our wedding!

Sent on 07/25/2012

Andrew · Married on 06/23/2012

Jessica and the entire staff at the Newagen Inn were quick to respond to all of our requests and made our weekend-long wedding absolutely wonderful. From the lobster bake, bonfire and S'mores for the rehearsal dinner right until the Sunday Morning breakfast the staff were extremely accommodating. The facility's location and grounds are beautiful with plenty to do including tennis, lounging poolside, bowling and bike riding. The Inn itself is a very old building that is maintained well but do expect a bit of charm.

Sent on 07/01/2012
  • W

Whitney · Married on 05/27/2012

There was a bit of confusion at times between staff members at the Inn, which is not huge but when you are trying to get your guests to books rooms and they are told different things as far as availability it can get a bit frustrating. However the staff was very accommodating to our guests and to the wedding party which was so great. Jessica was our wedding planner/coordinator and was such a pleasure to work with. She was very flexible and really executed every little detail I had pictured in my head. I loved how it was just our guests at the Inn and there were no other weddings that weekend. The little Inn was such an amazing little treat for me and my bridesmaids to get dressed and ready in! I stayed there the night before the wedding and it was just perfect. My now Husband stayed in the main Inn and the only down side to the building being so old he said is that you can hear a lot through the walls! He was right above the bar and could hear the Celtics playing on the TV downstairs. Definitely not the Inn's fault but just something you do not think about until people mention it afterwards. All in all we absolutely loved our wedding weekend at Newagen and wish we could get married all over again to get the chance to be with the people we love in a place we love!

Sent on 06/19/2012

Stacey · Married on 10/01/2011

This is what I have to say about the Newagen - we fell in love with it as the absolute most beautiful, fitting and PERFECT place to have our wedding - the food was INCREDIBLE, the scenery stunning, I got to have s'mores which was a dream, they let us plant a tree on their property during our ceremony!!!!!!!, they let us fly our own flag - they handled ever little detail I forgot about - but I want to add this: If I know what I know now, and someone told me I couldnt have the inn manager, Jason, as my point person for the wedding - I would have followed him anywhere he was. Jason and his staff at the Newagen are, without a doubt, the BEST at what they do and I never had a moment of worry - he handled everything with calm and reassurance and there were so many things I never had to think twice about which made my wedding day the most enjoyable it could possibly be. He is a gift as is the Newagen in general and we can't wait to visit on various anniversary dates - my deepest thanks to Jason and his team at the perfect little Inn on the whole east coast ;) Love to you all for making our day the better than we ever dreamed :)

Sent on 11/04/2011

Matthew · Married on 09/17/2011

We had a wonderful experience at the Newagen. It's unique setting truly makes it special, and the ability to rent out the entire Inn and have all your friends and family around for the entire weekend really sets it apart from other waterfront venues on the coast of Maine. Unlike some venues where policies are inflexible, Jason was incredibly helpful, especially when it came to wedding weekend and he and the staff were always around to help out, answer questions, and make things happen. All the final details we were worried about became non-factors once Jason took control of them. A beautiful place, a great staff, awesome food, and facilities that are just perfect for a Maine wedding (bonfire, lawn for a tent, classic bowling alley / game room, cozy rooms) make the Newagen a place we couldn't recommend more!

Sent on 10/11/2011

Megan · Married on 07/02/2011

Jason was incredibly helpful and responsive. He helped me to coordinate vendors, and went over every detail with us to make sure our day was unique to us. We had an amazing time, and I wouldn't change a thing.

Sent on 07/13/2011

Mike · Married on 06/18/2011

I do not even know where to begin in describing how great the Newagen is. Jason and his staff bent over backwards to make sure we had everything we needed. If there was a last minute change it was not a big deal, if you needed help with transportation, directions, or anything at all they did it. Here is a little anecdote of one thing we dealt with. So the morning of our wedding it looked like rain. We had planned on taking a boat from the church to the Newagen. I woke up and started talking to Jason that morning, within minutes of me saying we may need to figure out other transportation Jason had already contacted local providers and was able to give me a list of other options and times we needed to let the vendors know by. I did not ask him to do this just mentioned we may need to figure something else out and he was on it. This was one of many things he and his staff did to make us feel at home. We could write books about how great the Newagen, Jason, and all the staff were to us. We both love Jason, the Newagen, and all their staff and cannot wait to go back.

Sent on 07/19/2011