New York Bride & Groom Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner

• Brooke
    Brooke B. Getting married on 06/25/2022

Great experience!

Everyone working there was incredibly kind and helpful. I went on a weeknight so they were not very busy and were able to accommodate my party of 8 family members! There was plenty of room for our group and everyone had a great time. Brooke was my stylist and she was amazing! They have a great selection of dresses and the process is very low pressure. I purchased my dress and veil from here and had a great experience!
    Andrea Married on 06/05/2021

Absolutely Amazing

Great customer service. Didn't require an appointment so you could take your time. Lots of options available for plus-sized brides and very affordable.
  • Kathy
    Jenna B. Married on 05/30/2021

No appt needed!!!!!

This dress Salon does not even take appts. They have a tremendous number of changing rooms. The ladies who work there are so knowledgeable about what works for different body types and tastes.
  • Velmetria
    Velmetria W. Married on 05/01/2021

I found the PERFECT Dress!!

I had an awesome experience finding my perfect dress! Customer service was always great, no appointment needed, and my alterations were perfect. I highly recommend shopping with them for your special day!
  • Katie
    Katie Married on 04/18/2021

Stellar customer service, gorgeous collection, WONDERFUL staff

I cannot say enough wonderful things about New York Bride & Groom! Ms. Tracy and Ms. Joanne are amazing, sweet, knowledgeable, professional ladies! Another dress boutique had me feeling very disheartened and defeated, and these ladies turned my sad tears into tears of joy! They listened to what I wanted in a dress, gave me a tour of the store where I could see countless gorgeous dresses by well-known designers hanging everywhere, and pulled such spot-on gowns for me to try, that I fell in love with the very first one I put on. I had a special request to wear a nontraditional color, which required a little research on their part, to determine if they could get that dress in my requested color, and they didn't shy away from that. They called me back the next business day, and are having the dress custom made for me! I am pleased and impressed beyond description! I'm so excited for this process and to have a gorgeous, unique, dress made just for me! I have been so over the moon with my experience here so far, I convinced my fiance to have his suit custom made here, as well. You will not find a more extensive, breathtaking selection of gowns nor superior customer service anywhere!
  • VIRGINIA
    Virginia E. Married on 04/03/2021

Amazing Experience!

Joanne was the best consultant at New York Bride Charlotte. She guided me by asking questions, pulling different dresses, and really listening to what I was saying. I was able to find the perfect gown for my wedding day here - I am so excited! She was extremely patient, helpful, and really made the experience perfect.

The alteration team is also fantastic. I had 2 great fittings and everything came back exactly as we had spoken about. Amazing staff, clean store, you cannot go wrong here.
  • Kellie
    Kellie M. Married on 03/20/2021

Easy, Welcoming, Helpful, Great Selection!

Great dress selection, nice and helpful staff, good alterations department, quick and helpful customer service; they made dress shopping an easy and fun experience! My dress was beautiful and fit my venue and wedding theme perfectly! NYBG also has a more welcoming attentive feel than most small boutiques to tell you the truth. And, they were super helpful in getting my husband's suit and his wedding party's suits, too. All in all, a great place!
  • Lauren
    Lauren Married on 12/06/2020

Look No Further. Truly

So. I put off going to New York Bride and Groom. I wanted the "traditional" bridal boutique experience. And I went and got it... and then went to New York Bride and Groom. I was truly blown away. Yes- there are a ton a dressed. BUT, there are a ton of dresses. and you can try on until your heart is content. Plus no pushy sales people breathing down your neck, but helpful salespeople who will point you in the direction you think you want to go. I tried on my dress and knew it was the one. Through alterations and pickup they were so wonderful! I had such a great experience there!
  • Kristen
    Kristen P. Married on 12/05/2020

The best wedding dress experience ever!

Due to COVID, I first went to their Columbia, SC location to dress shop back in the Spring. The team was so easy to work with and they had a TON of dresses. I had so much fun trying on different ones-- and there was zero pressure from the staff (I could try on as many as I wanted and they helped without being on top of me, which I appreciated). When I found my dress, they said they would ship it to their Charlotte location for me to make my fittings easier. The alteration staff was also fantastic. My dress turned out beatifully and fit so well. I received many compliments on it!
  • Kendyl
    Kendyl C. Married on 11/07/2020

Wedding Dress Shop

Love love love this place! I had Joanne as my consultant and she made me feel so special and always gave me an honest opinion. I found the absolute perfect wedding dress because of her and I highly recommend going here to find your special dress.
  • Jonah
    Jonah L. Married on 10/17/2020

I love my dress

They have beautiful selection of beautiful wedding dresses and grooms tux and suits. They have a great service for tailoring wedding dresses. Also they made the tux and suit rentals easy for my husband and the groomsmen.
  • Alex
    Alexandra W. Married on 09/26/2020

Lovelovelove

We originally planned on going to 4 different dress shops the day we went shopping, I went to NY Bride and Grooms first as they did not take appointments. I was nervous I was going to be fighting for a dressing room, and I wouldn't get much attention. That could not be further from the truth, though. Because I got there early I got a nice dressing room with the seating for my guests, there were also 2 attendants in my area there were helping 3/4 people. They were attentive and extremely helpful in cinching, buttoning, and getting the dress together before going out and showing my friends/family. Them helping the other girls did not take away from my experience at all. They have an amazing selection, so I ended up canceling my other appointments and got my dress through them. My only suggestion is to get there when they open so you can get a good dressing room with the mirrors and seating! :)
  • Brian
    Brian T. Married on 09/05/2020

This place is Amazing

So I first went to NYB&G a Year ago for a Tux for my engagement photos and Cory has been the one helping me out ever since. He goes above and beyond to make sure you are looking your best. You can tell he really loves and care about what he does. He gets to know you personally and will give you his opinions on a tux. Today I decided to get a Custom Tux for my wedding and he had me looking so sharp I might be looking better than my wife to be. Thank God for Cory he really helped me out with one of the most important days of my life and I'll always be grateful for him.
    Catherine Married on 08/07/2020

The best dress selection of all time!

I recommend NY bride and Groom to ever person i know not only is the staff amazing and no appointments are needed but the dress selection is amazing. It is unreal and truly impressive!
    Jennifer Married on 05/16/2020

An amazing experience

JoJo and everyone there were amazing! I found my dress, and it was marked down as well!
  • Allison
    Allison O. Married on 05/16/2020

Said Yes to the Dress

It only took one visit to find my perfect dress!
  • Carli
    Carli L. Married on 02/22/2020

Affordable dress, quick ordering and alterations!

Visited here twice and the prices were much better than any other bridal salon in the area. I was able to order it quickly and it came in almost a month early. They communicated well and it was easy to set up alteration appointments. The seamstress wasn’t super friendly or helpful but everyone else was nice and very helpful.
  • Kendall
    Kendall Married on 11/23/2019

Groomsman Formal Wear

New York Bride and Groom provided us with custom tuxedos for the groom, groomsmen, and father of the bride. We were impressed with the variety of tuxedos, customizable options, and the ease of ordering the tuxedos for the out of town groomsmen. New York Bride and Groom took great care of us, we even got the groom's tuxedo free for renting five other tuxedos from them. We highly recommend New York Bride and Groom, their customer service and variety of tuxedos/suits is what made us choose them over several other places.
    Kristen Married on 10/19/2019

Great dress selections!

NY bride and groom made the dress buying process so easy! You get to pick from a huge selection of dresses! It helps to have an idea of the style you are looking for since there are so many options! I absolutely loved my perfect morilee dress! They also have a fabulous alterations team that made my dress fit perfectly!
    Julia Married on 08/24/2019

Amazing experience!

This was our first stop to find my gown. Joanne was amazing and worked with me to find a gown that was in my budget and similar to the styles I liked on my Pintrest board. I loved the first dress I tried on and bought it that same day even though we had an appointment at David's Bridal (which we called them and had them change it to a Bridesmaids appointment instead). Glad we did- I would've never gotten the same personalized treatment in such a welcoming environment that I did at NY Bride and Groom. Also, can't beat the mimosas on Saturday!
  • MichelleDeuink
    Michelle G. Married on 05/31/2019

So Accommodating and Fun!

We worked with Joanne as our consultant and absolutely LOVED her. She was so friendly and helpful, and truly enjoyed her job! The staff was extremely helpful, knowledgeable and enthusiastic! So many times they would walk by and genuinely say how beautiful they thought I looked in my gown. The inside of this boutique is very clean and beautifully decorated. There is such a fun wall to take your “I said yes!” photos in front of! When my dress came in from Allure, it was in the wrong color, with little time until my wedding day. While this was devistating when it happened, it was not in any way the fault of New York Bride and Groom. They helped me continuously and consistently, and spoke to Allure many times on my behalf about this. The stylists there are very considerate and empathetic, and helped me fix this situation in the best way possible. This situation with the dress truly could have made this fun time so sad, but New York Bride and Groom used it to provide even better service then they already had the chance to. We truly enjoyed our time here and would highly recommend any bride coming! A great selection of dresses and just the best experience ever here!
  • Sarah
    Sarah Married on 05/26/2019
    I wouldn't have gone anywhere else!! Joann was simply the best!! I went in to browse dresses with one of my best friends and Joann made me feel so comfortable, beautiful, and she picked out dresses and styles that were perfect for me. I lost my mom over a year ago and Joann was there for all the tears, the happy ones and the ones of picking out a dress without my mom by my side. Thank you Joann for being there for me!!
    Then, I came back with my Aunts and future sister in law. Joann had my room ready for me and when she opened the curtain there was my best friend!! They surprised me and made my day!! To say this was an amazing experience and memory is an understatement!! I can't thank Joann enough for all she's done for me, my family, and my friends!! What an amazing day, one that I will never forget!!
    Caitlin Married on 05/25/2019

Great Experience

Joanna and the rest of the NYBG team were amazing! I visited a few times before making a decision and they never made me feel like I was wasting their time. They have a way of making each bride feel so special and I'm still in love with my dress!
    Nadia B. Married on 04/27/2019

Fantastic service

This place went above and beyond. Couldn't have been happier.
  • Brynne
    Brynne Married on 04/06/2019

All Expectations Exceeded!

Just wow! I really can't begin to describe how incredible my experience at NY Bride and Groom was. I was fortunate to have Joanne as my consultant. She was patient and really knew what kind of dress I was looking for. I tried on about 10-15 dresses and she was helpful and honest with how they looked. The whole atmosphere as soon as you walk in is inviting. The dresses are easy to look at and well organized. As I was trying on, what felt like the millionth dress, I happened to look up and see someone carrying a new gown to the display floor, I pointed it out and Joanne ran and grabbed it for me. She had me try on about 2-3 more dresses and finally I put 'my' dress on! I didn't even make it to the mirror outside of the fitting room before I cried and just knew it was my dress! I really can't say enough amazing things about NY Bride & Groom. Joanne made my experience even better than I could have hoped for! Thank you!