New York Bride & Groom Reviews

New York Bride & Groom 6
New York Bride & Groom 7

Julia · Getting married on 08/24/2019

Amazing experience!

This was our first stop to find my gown. Joanne was amazing and worked with me to find a gown that was in my budget and similar to the styles I liked on my Pintrest board. I loved the first dress I tried on and bought it that same day even though we had an appointment at David's Bridal (which we called them and had them change it to a Bridesmaids appointment instead). Glad we did- I would've never gotten the same personalized treatment in such a welcoming environment that I did at NY Bride and Groom. Also, can't beat the mimosas on Saturday!

Sarah · Getting married on 05/26/2019

I wouldn't have gone anywhere else!! Joann was simply the best!! I went in to browse dresses with one of my best friends and Joann made me feel so comfortable, beautiful, and she picked out dresses and styles that were perfect for me. I lost my mom over a year ago and Joann was there for all the tears, the happy ones and the ones of picking out a dress without my mom by my side. Thank you Joann for being there for me!!
    Then, I came back with my Aunts and future sister in law. Joann had my room ready for me and when she opened the curtain there was my best friend!! They surprised me and made my day!! To say this was an amazing experience and memory is an understatement!! I can't thank Joann enough for all she's done for me, my family, and my friends!! What an amazing day, one that I will never forget!!

Nadia Borisik · Getting married on 04/27/2019

Fantastic service

This place went above and beyond. Couldn't have been happier.

• Brynne

Brynne · Getting married on 04/06/2019

All Expectations Exceeded!

Just wow! I really can't begin to describe how incredible my experience at NY Bride and Groom was. I was fortunate to have Joanne as my consultant. She was patient and really knew what kind of dress I was looking for. I tried on about 10-15 dresses and she was helpful and honest with how they looked. The whole atmosphere as soon as you walk in is inviting. The dresses are easy to look at and well organized. As I was trying on, what felt like the millionth dress, I happened to look up and see someone carrying a new gown to the display floor, I pointed it out and Joanne ran and grabbed it for me. She had me try on about 2-3 more dresses and finally I put 'my' dress on! I didn't even make it to the mirror outside of the fitting room before I cried and just knew it was my dress! I really can't say enough amazing things about NY Bride & Groom. Joanne made my experience even better than I could have hoped for! Thank you!

• Monica

Monica · Married on 03/16/2019

NY B&G was the first place I ever went to shop for dresses. I had no intention of finding "the dress" that day but I did! The girls were so helpful and were able to answer any questions I had! They made the process of buying super easy and I'm looking forward to continuing to work with them as I get alterations in the coming months!

Sent on 07/18/2018

Monica,
    Thank you so much for your sweet words! Our team is so happy to have been able to assist you in finding the perfect dress and cannot wait to continue the process with you! ♥

Jami · Married on 12/29/2018

My experience at NY Bride and groom was nothing short of amazing. From first contact to saying yes to my dress, everyone was very helpful. I called and worked with Tori to have a loaner dress sent to the store for me to try on. I decided to go on a weekday while traveling for work so that I could avoid the weekend rush --- such a great decision! On my first visit Alicia and Joanne helped me select and try on dresses that matched what I was looking for. At that point, I knew I had found my dress but wanted to have my mom and sisters see it as well. I went back 2 days later with my entourage in tow. The store was a completely different atmosphere - very crowded, very busy, but just as friendly. This time JoJo helped me try on my favorites while juggling at least 1 other bride, and was great! Thanks NY Bride and Groom! I'll be back with the rest of my wedding party!

• Rachael

Rachael · Married on 11/10/2018

Any dress you have dreamt of, will be in this store!

I absolutely love how relaxed the environment is in New York Bride and Groom. I went in thinking I was just trying on for style purposes and left knowing exactly which dress I am getting married in. The ladies that work there are so kind and helpful, and want to help in any way! My dress was a perfect fit, I literally didn’t get it altered AT ALL. I should add that I had more of an elopement style wedding, so it being a bit long did not bother me. We ordered my dress and it came in in about 5 months. My husband ordered his tux from here as well, and the service was amazing!

Sent on 12/10/2018

New York Bride & Groom's reply:

Thank you so much for the sweet words, Rachael! Congratulations to you and John - we couldn't be happier for you! ♥

Lauren · Married on 10/25/2018

Great for those who want to see it all!

The best part about this salon is that you can go through the racks and pick out whatever you want to try on! They still have people to help you and pull suggestions, but it's great for those who want to be more hands on in the process. Their alterations department also does a great job.

Sent on 12/10/2018

New York Bride & Groom's reply:

Thank you so much, Lauren! We're so happy to have been a part of your experience! Your Wtoo bridal gown was absolutely perfect ♥
  • rachel

rachel · Married on 10/21/2018

Great prices and better service!

NY Bride & Groom has some of the best prices in the area. I was able to walk through the whole store without worrying about picking a dress that was way out of my price range. I found my dream gown and alterations did a fabulous job at making it fit me perfect!
    My husband and his groomsmen also rented from the rental department and they looked like a thousand bucks! Much better fit than he's ever had from a men's warehouse suit!

Taylor · Married on 10/06/2018

This is my mother's second time being married and she was wary of being around younger brides but they put our fears to rest easily! Everyone was very nice and encouraging and helped through out the entire experience. It was amazing!

Lauren · Married on 10/06/2018

I found my dress here the first day I started looking. It was our third stop of the day, and definitely had the best variety of dresses in every size, shape, color, & style. So many to choose from! The staff was amazing and friendly and not pushy at all. Such a relaxed vibe. Destiny was AMAZING. She addressed every question and concern I had. She absolutely went above and beyond! I wouldn’t have found my perfect dress without her! Love this place. Terrific plus size selection as well.

Nicole · Married on 09/23/2018

This place is amazing! Make this your first stop. If you want a relaxing wonderful experience go here! At New York Bride & Groom you get to grab the dresses off the rack yourself and they provide you a dressing room plenty big enough for the dresses and your entourage (if desired). The ladies there don't push anything on you whether it be a dress, accessories or a veil. I went back a few days later to re-try on "the gown" that another bridal store talked me out of and the lady helping even remembered us from the busy weekend. She was so helpful in pulling other dresses that I might like and even called the designer of a sash to see if they had any more (since they were discontinued). It was such a wonderful experience compared to the other stores I went.

Kaley · Married on 08/05/2018

We found the perfect dress at the Charlotte store and everyone was so helpful! Great selections! All of the fittings were so easy and organized!

New York Bride & Groom 8
    New York Bride & Groom 9
    New York Bride & Groom 10

Casey · Married on 07/21/2018

What a great experience!! The staff were extremely friendly and easy to work with. I was getting a little frustrated with not finding the dress I thought I wanted and attendant helping was patient and worked with me to find "the dress"!!

Ellie · Married on 07/14/2018

As a bride in my early 20's I was worried about not being taken seriously; however, everyone in the shop was kind and extremely accommodating. I loved the unique style of the shop- although they offer assistance whenever needed, they give you the freedom to choose 6 dresses on your own for your first round and give you privacy to dress yourself. My dress was the first one I tried on! Very affordable (most dresses I saw were within the $800-$2,000 range) and incredible quality! With the freedom to shop and excellent service when needed I would highly recommend shopping here!

Rachel · Married on 06/02/2018

I can not say how thrilled I am to have the great experience that I did with New York Bride and Groom. I purchased a Mori Lee wedding gown in April 2017 for my June 2018 wedding. I was notified that it arrived in August 2017 (much quicker than I expected). I started my alterations in Jan 2018 and completed them just before my wedding (May 2018). I ended up having about 5 alterations appointments because I added beading and a belt which both needed secured onto the dress. My experience at NYBG was phenomenal. I would highly recommend. They have SO many dresses to choose from. Everyone who works there are friendly and always willing to help.

New York Bride & Groom 11
    New York Bride & Groom 12
    New York Bride & Groom 13
    New York Bride & Groom 14
    New York Bride & Groom 15
    New York Bride & Groom 16

brandon · Married on 05/22/2018

fantastic tuxedo department with the best styles in the charlotte and surrounding area, and surprisingly, also the best prices for style around. took care of my entire groomsman party with friendly efficiency

Ashley · Married on 05/19/2018

I loved my experience with NY B&G! I found the perfect dress, and it was the only place I looked. They do not take appointments, so we went during the day on a Friday. This was a great choice since there was only 1 other bride there at the same time as me, so I basically had 2 consultants to myself! I had a decently large group with me, and they handled all the opinions so well. They helped me try on about 15 dresses, and one of the consultants actually picked the winner!
    The alterations department was also fantastic. They have odd hours, but they do work by appointment, so I never had an issue. My dress had a lot of delicate bead work along the bottom and needed to be shortened. It came out perfect!!

New York Bride & Groom 17
  • Apryl Michele

Apryl · Married on 05/05/2018

I purchased my dress at New York Bride & Groom and had a fantastic experience. They were very accommodating to my needs and provided great service and my dress came in so quick!! They called me as soon as it came in to try on. After the appointment they gave me a gift of appreciation -- it was so adorable!! Highly recommend if you are looking for a wide selection of affordable designer wedding dresses and helpful consultants!!

Ana · Married on 02/10/2018

Great place that genuinely takes care of their customers! The alterations department is very professional, the seamstresses are extremely nice and are willing to help. Amazing experience! I would strongly recommend it.

Jessica · Married on 12/30/2017

Would absolutely recommend this bridal shop to any bride for bridal gowns and/or bridesmaid dresses! They are so helpful but not overwhelming so you do not feel pressured. No appointment required and they still are able to assist you at any time. Went to this shop multiple times and found a dress I liked each time until I found the one! The one I bought was even picked out by one of the ladies that worked there because she knew just what I was looking for.

Kelly · Married on 11/24/2017

I walked into this salon with a very set vision of what I wanted. The team greeted me at the door and was quick to take me back and look through gowns. They pulled 8 gowns, and the very first one ended up being my dress. The consultant was amazing, and brought me different accessories to try on. The dress came in within 3 months and I just came in for my first fitting. It's so nice to walk in and see the same faces I saw when I came into the store 6 months ago. The seamstress was nothing but complimentary and sweet, and helped show me exactly how the dress would fit. I would give this place 10 stars if possible. Absolutely amazing customer service from the greeters to the consultants to the seamstress. It's been such a relief to work with NYB&G and I can't wait to wear my dress!

Katelyn · Married on 11/11/2017

I had a wonderful experience dress shopping at NY Bride and Groom. Julie helped me try on several dresses and ultimately picked the one for me. I can't wait until my dress comes in!

• User6612892 · 1+ year ago

Amazing customer service. Make you feel beautiful. Great taste in dresses for your body and really listen to what you're looking for. My fiancé got his tuxes as well. Such a smooth and stress free process. Definitely recommend anyone to go here. Affordable.

• Samantha

Samantha · Married on 10/21/2017

NY Bride & Groom has the most options I had ever seen at any bridal shop. Though you cannot make an appointment to shop, I went right as they opened on a weekend and was immediately assisted by one of their many consultants. I was able to walk through their seemingly endless selection of dresses and try on as many as I wanted. There are no time limits, because there are no appointment times for trying on dresses! It was the perfect setting for me to take my time and pick my dream dress. The alterations department is just as amazing! I live 6+ hours away from the store, so I knew alterations may be a challenge, but I was adamant on keeping my dress in the hands of the professionals at NY Bride & Groom. At my final dress fitting, there were some issues and the dress needed more alterations. Unfortunately, I was unable to return after this date. They made the alterations that same day within an hour of my original appointment! Amazing customer service, largest dress selection, affordable prices -- what more could you ask for?! Without hesitation, I would 100% recommend NY Bride & Groom!