Nessa Events Reviews

44 | West Hollywood, CA

44 Reviews for Nessa Events

Jeanette · Married on 04/15/2017

I was completely happy with our decision to hire Vanessa as the "Day of Coordinator" at our Castle Green wedding! She was running things behind the scenes, kept our timeline in check, and was such a huge help setting up, and then storing all of our decorative items, gifts, etc!
    I appreciated her insight and expertise and can definitely say she made the less stressful. I cannot imagine having to run the day myself or delegating the work to a family/bridal party member. No way! Thank you, Vanessa! 5 stars! :)

Nicole · Married on 07/03/2016

This review is soooo long overdue. Exactly a year ago, Vanessa helped to make our big day so special. As our Day of Coordinator she allowed us to sit back, relax and enjoy the wonderful whirlwind (because we knew she had our backs!). In addition to keeping the party flowing the day of, she offered us so much helpful guidance along the way. There is so much information out there and as a new bride, it can be pretty overwhelming. At our first meeting, she helped me focus in on the wedding planning essentials and identify areas where I might be able to get creative and stretch my limited budget a bit farther. She even connected us we some of the vendors she had established relationships with along the way.

Love that lady and feel so grateful for her services!

Angela · Married on 05/21/2016

NessaEvents was amazing. Thank you! we had a memorable wedding!

Susan · Married on 05/21/2016

OK. This is long overdue.
    I got married May 21, 2016 and Vanessa did an amazing job. I would recommend her 100%.
    I honestly didn't have to worry about a thing.

Vanessa made sure everything was streamless.By the end of the night all my gifts were packed, loaded in my sisters car and ready to go.

My whole family mentioned how successful everything went and I really owe it to Vanessa. We didn't stress but rather enjoyed "the special day".

I have recommended her to lots of my family and friends. ??

Susan Gomez

Patty · Married on 01/17/2016

We had a non-traditional, themed wedding (Roaring 20’s) and Vanessa was on board for all the shenanigans. We went with the “Day Of” package, which is really more like a “Week or Two” package. Vanessa asked me for our list of vendors beforehand, and then contacted all of them a few weeks before to make sure that all our ducks were in a row. Turns out that final payments were due on two of them (be aware…not all vendors accept the final payment at the event, some are ahead of time!), so I was thrilled she caught that.

Vanessa came to the final meeting at our venue (the Oviatt Penthouse) to go over where everything was going to go, how the timeline would run, etc. We were on a tight budget and doing a lot of stuff ourselves, including providing our own liquor, and renting glassware and bringing it up ourselves, along with our own Paper Moon “photo booth” and other decorations. It was a lot of stuff to bring up and down the elevator. We had a lot of friends helping with all this stuff, but even so, it was a lot of coordination. She even offered to transport a bunch of the stuff in her SUV, but it turned out we were able to get it there ourselves.

On the day of, everything went surprisingly smoothly! I was expecting a whole bunch of phone calls in the hotel while we were getting ready, but nope! None. Anything I hadn’t spelled out, Vanessa figured it out on her own, and everything looked fabulous. It was such a relief! I’m a worrier, so it was nice to just let it all go and enjoy the day.

Vanessa even got into the spirit of the theme, and dressed in a flapper outfit like all the guests - so fun! She’s a sweetheart and will put your mind at ease - I can’t recommend her more. I plan large parties all the time and wasn’t going to get a coordinator, but I’m SO glad I did, and I’m SO glad we picked Vanessa.

I'm so pleased with our decision to hire Vanessa! Initially, I didn't think we would need a coordinator. As a logistician with a background in procurement (hiring vendors), I thought I could handle it all myself. As it got closer to the wedding date, I realized I needed someone to help herd 160 guests, coordinate with vendors, and keep us to schedule on the actual wedding day. It was really important to me that I wasn't asking friends and family to do this job. I did a lot of research and called up Vanessa about a month before our wedding. I was really lucky that she was still available for our (off-season) wedding and was willing to work within our budget. The week before the wedding she conducted a site visit. She asked great questions and helped us think through the final logistics. She's exceptionally professional and did a fantastic job on the wedding day. Everything about our wedding was seamless. Thank you, Vanessa!

Monique · Married on 03/21/2015

As our wedding anniversary approaches and my husband and I think back to our special day, we know it would not have been as enjoyable had it not been for Vanessa. My family is very helpful and usually when someone gets married, there are aunts and cousins who offer to help set up for the wedding. After doing this for several weddings and not feeling like I could fully enjoy the day, I knew that I wanted someone to help take care of all the details so my mom and her sisters wouldn't have to. I was very hesitant when we started to meet with day of coordinators. They made the same promises and seemed all business, but when I met Vanessa, she immediately made me feel comfortable.

Our venue offered a staff member to oversee the set up of simple items on the day of the wedding but I was worried things would not be carried out the way that I envisioned. Vanessa went with us to our walk through and had so many great questions that I would have never thought about. She emailed me a list of specific questions about our big day and had suggestions when I was unsure about things. On the day of our wedding, my family fell in love with her. (One of my aunts thought she was one of my friends because of how well she took care of us.) She was by my side when I needed her and orchestrated a flawless flow to the day. What I appreciated most was all of the little details that she took care of. She interacted with our guests, helped me fix my hair, saved us some appetizers while we took pictures, prompted the DJ when we wanted to thank our guests, helped my family organize our belongings at the end of the night and showed me how to elegantly cut our wedding cake.

Thank you so much, Vanessa, for all of your help! We are truly grateful!!

Nate · Married on 02/27/2015

Timo and I cannot extend enough thanks to Vanessa for coordinating our wonderfully romantic wedding. Her hard work and care ensured that our day was enjoyable and stress-free. She definitely handled everything in a professional manner and we could not be more happier! We appreciate Vanessa's personal attention and every effort. Not only was she proficient, but amazingly personable. She made Timo and I feel as if our day was the most important day of her life. It was a blessing to have had her as our coordinator. From the first time we spoke, we were impressed by her warmth and professionalism. My intuition told me she was the perfect coordinator for us. Im happy to say my intuitive sense was right on the mark. Her experience greatly exceeded our extremely high expectations. Not only are we still raving about our wedding day, but we are also recommending her services to any and everyone who inquires. We'll be back in a few years with friends and family to renew our vows if I have my way. We cannot thank Vanessa enough for the beautiful memories!-- Nate and Timo

Anthony · Married on 09/13/2014

Hiring Vanessa as our day-of coordinator was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. We initially did not think we would need a coordinator. But as the day got closer, we realized there are so many little things that need to be done on the day-of.

Vanessa was on top of everything for our wedding day. She made excellent suggestions before the wedding, and made sure everything was setup perfectly the day-of. We basically gave her everything we wanted setup, and she executed it all. There were things we brought the day-of that we forgot to give her at the rehearsal. We didn't have time to talk to her about them, but she figured out exactly what they were for. That's just great experience and initiative!

She was so calm and made sure we were comfortable throughout the day. If there were any issues, she must have taken care of them, because we did not know about them. And there was definitely potential for issues. We have HUGE families, so there were a ton of kids, both as guests and in the wedding. When we told Vanessa we were having 7 kids (not a typo!) in the ceremony, she went with it. She was great with the kids during the rehearsal, made great suggestions to the parents on how to get them down the aisle, and the ceremony turned out awesome!

Everything turned out great, and we could not have done it without a coordinator. We're so happy we went with Vanessa, because she was simply amazing!

Amelia · Married on 08/16/2014

I hired Vanessa as a day of coordinator for my wedding, and she was amazing. She made sure the day went smoothly, and organized every festivity that happens on that day. The day of your wedding your head is spinning so fast that there is no way I could have done it without her. She was thrown a ton of information at the last minute and she took it and made our wedding absolutely perfect. She's super cool, knows everything you need to know about weddings, and makes sure every little detail is taken care of. Hire her! You will be so happy you did!

jessie · Married on 06/07/2014

Vanessa knows what she's doing. she's very easy to work with and gives great advises when needed. She was very helpful throughout the planning and especially on the day of. She made sure I was taken care of as the day turned out to be more busy than I had expected. I'd recommend her to anyone!

Melissa · Married on 04/07/2014

Vanessa is just WOW! She is so talented, fantastic and was so fun to work with. She made me feel so calm because I knew she would make sure our wedding day looked exactly as we wanted. The second I walked into our venue space and saw the magic she did I was so incredibly happy and that happiness was all over my face for the rest of our wedding day. I absolutely can't recommend her enough and know that I will be calling her whenever I need help with a special event.

Krista · Married on 10/19/2013

Vanessa was a fabulous day-of coordinator for our wedding day for many reasons. She was professional as well as personal. Her communication was prompt. She was very thorough in the planning stages, and Vanessa executed those plans before, during, and after the wedding. She allowed us to be at ease and truly enjoy the day. Our wedding was a complete success thanks to Vanessa and her expertise. I would recommend Vanessa to be at you service for your special day.

Planning a wedding there is no short of other people's opinions and ideas. Some very outspoken and some very unmotivated so needless to say when I was referred Vanessa and met with her for the first time it was beyond a breath of fresh air to have someone so "on the same page" with my thoughts and ideas.

Vanessa pretty much read my mind and was able to forsee all the small and large details I wasn't thinking of. She was able to clearly identify everyone's roles and how she fit in to the grand scheme of the day. Needless to say the turned a frazzled bride into a confident and calm human being.

The day of she was so kind to pick up the boutonnieres, my bouquet and the mother of the brides flowers. Since we chose not to do the first look, I spent the majority of my day hidden and not able to satisfy the control freak I am and walk the premises to make sure everything had been set up or was going along well. Luckily when Vanessa arrived she already had it under wraps and gave me an update on everything and effortlessly didn't skip a beat all night long.

To say she was fantastic is an understatement! We decided to hire a coordinator to have peace of mind for the day, but Vanessa deliver so much more than that. She's a true professional who knows her stuff and is 100% invested in you. She gave me the gift of being able to focus on my new husband and soak up every wonderful moment the night had. Can't thank her enough!!!

Thanks Vanessa!!

Vanessa was a fantastic wedding planner. Due to travel, I was completely an absentee bride for planning. Vanessa found almost all of my vendors and arranged everything. Our wedding was MUCH nicer than I expected. I definitely couldn't have done it without her. Thanks for making our day beautiful!

• F

Frederick · Married on 08/25/2012

I should have hired Vanessa as soon as my wife and I planned our wedding. Even though she only had about 2 weeks of prep and information (because we hired her 2 weeks away from the big day), most everything went off perfectly. 'Nessa had some great insights (not many of which we were able to implement in the limited time frame) and won over our guests with her confidence and professionalism.

We didn't get our cake song, but that was a problem with our DJ. Everything else went according to our plan. To ensure that things go smoothly, make sure that you hire her early if you need the event planning expertise. I have no doubt in my mind that if we hired her long before we got our vendors, many of our vendors would have worked together with no qualms.

Cheers, 'Nessa! (Sorry it took so long to write this, been busy with a new job. PS - Yet another reason to hire her is that there is *no* way the bride & groom can handle the behind the scenes action while in the spotlight on the wedding day!)

Ericka · Married on 08/11/2012

I would highly recommend Nessa events to anyone planning a wedding. She is detail oriented, responsive, responsible and she has the perfect personality for the job. She kept the wedding planning on track and everyone on the same page. She is unflappable when the unexpected crops up - able to roll with the punches, improvise and come up with creative solutions. Everything was beautiful and we had a wonderful time!!! Love love love Vanessa!!

Cynthia · Married on 07/15/2012

Dear Vanessa,
    What can I say? You were wonderful! Absolutely great. We are so happy that we had the opportunity to work with you. You had such a positive influence, recommended great vendors and made everything run without a hitch. What more can one ask for in a wedding coordinator? Really. Thank you for making our wedding even better than we had envisioned.
    Many Thanks,
    Cynthia and Steve Laret.

Nicole · Married on 06/30/2012

Vanessa was such an important piece in the success of my wedding. I hired her for the day of coordinator and she was there to make sure all of the hard work in planning came together like a masterpiece. If the extra money was there I would of hired her for the full wedding planning service and would not think twice to hire her again or refer her to my best friends. Even my husband was impressed with her services. Overall, she's amazing and wonderful!

Liz · Married on 06/16/2012

I love her! She's amazing and she will do what you ask. She will do whatever she can in her power to make your wishes come true.

• Christine

Christine · Married on 05/18/2012

My husband and I were very blessed to have met & worked with Vanessa as our day-of-coordinator. Her priority was for my groom & I to enjoy our wedding; which we did 100% stress-free. My friends commented on what a calm bride I was, but in reality, it was because we had Vanessa. She is very attentive, organized and hardworking. She took care of all the big and little things so everything went smoothly. My day was perfect and I would definitely recommend Nessa Events to anyone planning a wedding! THANK YOU VANESSA!!

• W

Wlehyonneh · Married on 03/10/2012

Vanessa and her assistnat did a wonderful job coordinating our wedding. She was prompt on time and full of energy. She was prepared for everything. One of the groomsmen lost a button and she was ready with needles and thread. She did everything that we asked and more. She kept everything organized and on time. My husband and i were blessed to find someone with so much experience, poise and ability to help make this day the happiest of our lives. She was literally at our beck and call the entire night and did everything with a smile. You will not be disappointed with her service.

Kelly · Married on 12/17/2011

Where to begin? Vanessa Vargas was the most amazing wedding coordinator!

A friend recommended Vanessa to my mom and I for a Day of Wedding Coordinator. We had put a great deal of time and effort into the planning of my wedding, but our goal was to be able to actually enjoy ourselves and concentrate on having the most amazing time at the wedding. I knew that it was going to fall on my mom because she would want me to enjoy the day, but it was top priority that we ALL had a spectacular day!

Vanessa was great in setting up a timeline, going over all of the little details we had thought of (and especially the ones we forgot too!). We prepared a list of tasks for her to do day of and she immediately saw our vision and helped make it happen.

She was prompt at answering all calls and emails, and had several amazing ideas for the ceremony and reception too.

Day of – Vanessa was my hero. Not only was everything picture perfect, but she helped keep us on a schedule that had the perfect flow. She made sure to allow time for us to eat, dance, visit with guests, etc and every time she came around she had the most calming, relaxed look on her face.

Because of that, we were able to enjoy every last second of the wedding. She helped wrap up the event, gather all the gifts and miscellaneous items, and because of all her hard work, our months of planning became the most fabulous wedding day for us!

I just love Vanessa and would recommend her to any and every one! She is the best!

Michelle · Married on 10/28/2011

Vanessa was AMAZING!!! I contacted her last minute, after my initial wedding coordinator canceled on me a month before my wedding! She was willing and ready to jump right in! She was so easy to work with, I felt as if I knew her for years. Vanessa was very professional, on top of everything. My wedding turned out flawless! I couldn’t have asked for a better person to coordinate one of the most important days of mine and my husband’s life. I would highly recommend her to all my friends and family. Thanks Nessa!!!!

Erika · Married on 10/08/2011

Vanessa from NessaEvents was amazing. At first, I thought I did not need a day of coordinator, but when I met with Vanessa she made me realize why I needed her. My wedding was flawless and I literally was stress free. If there were problems, I knew nothing about them and Vanessa was all over it.
    I highly recommend her!