Nearly Newlywed Reviews

263 | Brooklyn, NY

263 Reviews for Nearly Newlywed

Gail · Married on 09/01/2018

I stumbled onto Nearly Newly Wed-I wasn’t looking for a wedding dress. But I did need a mother of the groom dress. I’m so happy I checked this site! I found the perfect dress at the perfect price. Also working with Patti was so easy. She was very responsive and helpful. I definitely will use this site again!!

Sent on 05/20/2018

Andrea · Married on 09/01/2018

Great Experience

I had a great experience working with them and Patti. They helped me sell my dress! I was selling my other dresses with Mercari and Poshmark but no luck. Patti was very responsive.

Con: Had to pay $25 and received high lower portion of the profit. But overall the same price of what it would sell in other websites

Sent on 09/01/2019

Joylene · Married on 08/20/2018

I had purchased the wedding dress of my dreams -- it had every gorgeous detail I'd been looking for and fit nearly perfectly! However, the man of my dreams turned did not pan out and suddenly I was left with a beautiful dress and no wedding to wear it to.
    After hemming and hawing a bit, a little scared to part ways with it, I posted my dress on Nearly Newlywed in the hopes that this dress could find its happily ever after. I honestly forgot I had posted it and had sort of lost hope it would sell at all (it's on the small side and unique in styling.) But some months later, I was contacted by email that it had sold, but (of course) I was out of town at the time and wouldn't be back home for nearly a week!! I wrote back to them right away to let them know and they were very accommodating and understanding.
    The nicest part is they handle all the interactions with the buyer which took a lot of the pressure off of selling the dress. No explaining things or answering tons of question -- just fill in the form, load pictures, and ready to roll! They are very responsive and honestly, it's nice to know that this very special dress will make someone else happy! Thank you Nearly Newlywed Team for making this process about as painless as it possibly could be -- next time there's a ring on my finger I will be back to browse and in the meantime, will recommend you to friends and family! :]

Sent on 09/14/2018

Lauren · Married on 08/18/2018

Found my dream dress for half the price on this site! I was really nervous buying a wedding dress online, but I felt a lot better knowing that nearly newlywed checks the condition of the dress before they ship it to you and you can return the dress within 5 days for a full refund if you don't like it. I am so happy with my dress and I saved so much money! Also Patti was very sweet and emailed me after I received the dress to make sure I was happy with it. I HIGHLY recommend.

Sent on 09/19/2017

Jacque · Married on 08/18/2018

Truely a pleasure to work with. I asked for additional pictures and received them in 2 days. That was the moment I knew I wanted the dress. It was shipped extremely fast. Exactly as described and shown in pics! Wedding isn’t until August 2018. Will try to post a picture after that.

Sent on 11/05/2017

Joselyn · Married on 07/20/2018

I bought a ridiculously priced gown at a boutique in December....they're made to order...so by the time I received it in May, I had experienced a total change of heart. I no longer wanted it & my anxiety began to consume me...with only weeks until my wedding, there I was frantically searching for a new gown. Cue Nearly Newlywed! I chose a dress, it was safely delivered & I fell in love. Also, I must highlight Patti's quality customer service...her prompt response time exceeded my expectations (no seriously though, she replies within minutes). Long story short, I wish I would of gone straight to NN, I would of saved myself a lot of unnecessary stress (& money). Thank you NN!

Sent on 07/11/2018

Carol · Married on 07/07/2018

Can’t say thank you enough to Patti at NearlyNewleywed for all her help in selling my daughter’s dress. I was so pleased with the price we received and the process to sell was very easy. Our dress had never been worn, bustled or shortened so it was truly still new although the wedding had been cancelled 7 years earlier! Patti guided me in price and after one modest reduction the dress sold in a few months. Every time I sent an email I received a response within an hour, including weekends and holidays! I am thrilled for the new bride who has a gorgeous new dress at a great reduction, and for me because I received the best service and price I could have hoped for. I would recommend NearlyNewleywed to anyone looking to buy or sell a wedding dress.

Sent on 04/01/2018

Danner · Married on 06/29/2018

I highly recommend using Nearly Newlywed for your wedding dress. They are thorough in their details and communication and purchasing a gently used wedding dress is one of the best options in supporting fair trade and the environment. How often are wedding dresses just stuck in a box under a closet or under a bed and never worn again. I plan to list my dress again on their site.

Sent on 07/07/2018

Amy · Married on 06/28/2018

I am so pleased with my decision to buy a pre-loved dress from Nearly Newlywed. The timelines I was given to inspect and send the dress to me were much faster than I was told. The follow up was also fantastic. Patti kept contact with me to ensure I was happy with the dress and assist me in case I wasn't.
    I highly recommend this company and concept!
    Kind Regards,
    Amy Lyn

Sent on 06/15/2018

Narjisse · Married on 06/18/2018

Great experience selling my dress! It was literally sold in a week! They are responsive and provide good customer service. I used them to sell and buy a dress (that ended up too small so I had to return) and both transactions went smoothly.

Sent on 06/24/2018
  • Anne

Anne · Married on 06/10/2018

Don't be skeptical, this really worked!

I wasn't sure what to do with my dress after the wedding was over. I am an older bride with no one to pass my dress down to. I found recommendations for Nearly Newlywed online, but I was definitely skeptical because I prefer to work with businesses in person. I am a Midwest girl, so this company isn't just for those in the big cities. The website for listing my dress was really easy to use, and the listing fee was minimal, and I kept possession of my dress initially. I thought I would give it a chance because there wasn't much risk involved at that point. After about a month, I decided to use the cleaning service that was offered at a competitive price, they sent me a shipping label, and would clean it and store it until it sold or for up to six months. I received a couple emails from Patti along the way letting me know of specific interest in my dress. About two and a half months after sending my dress in for the cleaning service I received an email that my that my dress sold. I received my payment in the mail very shortly thereafter. I was amazed at how stress-free Nearly Newlywed made the process, and connected my dream wedding dress with another bride for her dream wedding!

Sent on 01/16/2019

Susan · Married on 06/09/2018

My experience with Nearly Newly Wed has been flawless!. The concept is as simple as they state. You pick the dress. You order it. The dress is shipped. Email notifications are sent at every step. You have 5 days to decide! The staff is very courteous and responsive by email. This dress was not in my budget until we found it here ! So glad we found Nearly Newly Wed !

Sent on 10/04/2017

Marci · Married on 06/02/2018

I can't tell you how thrilled I am to have found Nearly Newlywed. I found my dream dress in a picture online and quickly found through google image search it was an "Iconic Vera Wang." In now world did I have whatever retail was-$6000-$8000. I began my search on every site I could find to find the dress nearly new. I looked on the site every day for about three weeks, and my dress popped up for $1500! There is a tiny tear in the tulle that will be cut off anyway because the previous owner was 5'9" and I'm 5'4," and it is sized up so I can alter it to my frame. I can't BELIEVE I found my dream dress for that price. Delivery said it could be 2-3 weeks and it was more like 5 days. And the ability to return it at a $25 loss for restocking really decreased the anxiety I felt buying something so precious and expensive off the internet. Thank you!!

Sent on 03/01/2018

Debra B. · Married on 05/12/2018

Sold an Unworn Dress!

I posted an unworn wedding dress on Nearly Newlywed. The posting was easy and I waited. Several months after the initial posting I received an email notifying me my dress was sold pending buyer approval. The email contained instructions for sending the dress and they handled the test. I happily received another email a few weeks later notifying me my dress was indeed sold and a check was sent. Very easy process and little effort on my part. Completely happy!

Sent on 08/01/2019

Tess B. · Married on 05/11/2018

Sold my dress in 4 months!

After looking at several sites I decided to try and sell my dress on Nearly Newlywed. It costs $25 to list but they let you have complete control of your listing - I posted the pictures and description and chose the price, knowing I would reap 60% of the profit. They were very prompt in emailing me back, and when I wanted to lower the price they did it immediately. Other then that I just waited until a buyer decided to purchase it and then received instructions on shipping- cost me about $15 through UPS. Thankfully the buyer decided to keep it and I received a check in the mail about 5 days later. They were very prompt, easy to work with, and professional. Compared to the local resale store where I get 45% of the profit back I felt the 60% back was a good deal. Would recommend to anyone who wants to sell their dress!

Sent on 12/04/2018
  • Tess

Tess B. · Married on 05/11/2018

Easy Way to Sell Online

I was looking for a way to easily sell my dress online, and this fit the bill. For a $25 listing you put your dress out there, and they do the rest. It really is a hands off approach which was so nice! They contacted me when a buyer was interested and answered all my email questions within 24 hours. I shipped the dress, the buyer kept it, and I made money! It really was that easy. You get to set the price point and decide what pictures and description go on your page, so you truly control your listing entirely. Definitely recommend selling your dress through this site!

Sent on 04/09/2019

S Ward · Married on 05/05/2018

Great and easy experience!

Such a great and easy way to sell my wedding dress! They make it easy to get a quote, post it for sale and then directions on sending it to a potential buyer. First potential buyer didn’t take it but the second one did. Might take some time to find the right owner, but Nearly Newlyweds truly makes it super easy to do so!! So much easier than doing it myself via eBay or some other listing!

Sent on 09/08/2020

Alex · Married on 04/19/2018

Thought Nearly Newly Wed was amazing. Loved their Selection and everything they had to offer!

Sent on 02/08/2018

Linda · Married on 04/07/2018

I originally heard about Nearly Newlywed from the TV show Sharktank, then Wedding Wite. I decided to give them a try and was quite impressed with the speed in which they were able to sell my beautiful mother of the bride gown. They also send you personal emails along the wY instead of auto-replies. Very professional and personable.

Sent on 05/21/2018
  • Cassie

Cassie C. · Married on 03/08/2018

Simple and Convenient

I had a really great experience with Nearly Newlywed! I really loved my wedding gown and didn't want it to just sit in my closet for decades - I wanted to share it so someone else could love it too! Nearly Newlywed was simple and convenient. I was notified someone wanted to purchase my dress - I mailed it out and Nearly Newlywed cleaned it and sent it on to the buyer. Fortunately, the buyer loved it and wanted to keep it and voila - I'm waiting for a check to come in the mail. Thank you Nearly Newlywed :)

Sent on 03/15/2020

Susan · Married on 03/01/2018

I sold a dress with Nearly Newlywed. It was a simple process made easier with them handling all of the communication with the buyer. Pleasant and quick communication. Would definitely recommend to anyone wondering if they should/could sell a dress.

Sent on 08/27/2018

Ana · Married on 02/24/2018

I was happy to work with this vendor. The process to sell my dress was easy and fast.

Sent on 08/10/2018

Danielle · Married on 01/05/2018

I had a great experience selling my dress on Nearly Newlywed! It took a little bit for someone to be interested, but once they were the staff was so helpful with the next steps and it was extremely easy! I am so happy that someone else will enjoy the dress like I did!

Sent on 07/03/2018

Britteny B. · Married on 12/03/2017

Easy and effortless

What a great way to resale your dress! So easy and honestly worth it they do everything there’s no hassle at all! Highly recommend

Sent on 11/02/2020

Amanda · Married on 11/24/2017

The website was very informative and made finding what I was looking for super easy. The dress was exactly how it was described in the listing, and the measurements were spot on. I'm just so happy that I was able to get exactly what I wanted for a more reasonable price.

Sent on 07/11/2017