Nearly Newlywed Reviews

263 | Brooklyn, NY

263 Reviews for Nearly Newlywed

Elizabeth S. · Getting married on 07/07/2023

Smooth, straightforward

When I started looking for a wedding dress, I knew the pre-owned route was what I wanted, but I wondered whether I'd find the right quality and fit. The dress I found on Nearly Newlywed far exceeds my expectations. It's gorgeous, in wonderful condition, and the listed measurements were accurate. It took just a couple weeks from when I ordered to when the dress arrived, and I appreciate that they took the time to verify authenticity and accuracy. Highly recommend!

Sent on 02/06/2021
  • Sarah

Sarah · Getting married on 11/05/2022

I found my Pronovias wedding dress and paid half the price

For any bride looking to get a high quality dress on a budget, Nearly Newlywed is probably the best pre-owned wedding dress option. They were SO responsive (both via support chat and email), even though I was ordering my dress near the holiday season. Their support team was also super friendly and really great communicators which is a huge deal when you want to make sure a dress is going to fit, etc! Their biggest selling point is that if you order a dress and it doesn't work out, you can return it to the seller for just $50 which is so worth considering the money you'll be saving buying a pre-owned dress. I'm so happy that I'm recycling a dress that otherwise wasn't going to be worn again, and that I saved a TON of money!

Sent on 02/06/2021
  • Chantelle

Chantelle M. · Getting married on 10/15/2022

Excellent Product and Service

Received my dress a few days ago! Absolutely loved that I found my dream Stella York designer wedding dress for a fraction of the cost. I was a little hesitant buying a wedding dress online, but I received exactly what was advertised and promised. My primary contact was Patti, and she was genuinely encouraging when I initially had my doubts and she updated me every step of the way. Confirmation, tracking, and delivery, etc etc. Thank you Nearly Newlywed and thank you Patti!

Sent on 01/28/2020

C Glitter · Getting married on 03/05/2022

Said yes to the first dress!

After having been discouraged by the high prices of designer dresses, I decided to give a used dress a try. I found a dress that was originally over $4000 for $700 that seemed to be about my size. The odds of the perfect fit seemed against me and I was slightly worried it might show up dirty or not as the original dress but Nearly Newlyweds are on top of it. The customer service staff reached out to me several times throughout the process and were very helpful. They notified me when they received the dress from the seller, informed me thoroughly on the condition of the dress, made sure I still wanted to purchase before sending, sent it to me in a timely manner, and checked back in once it arrived to see what I thought. I was one of the lucky ones who tried on my very first dress and it's perfect. This vendor made the whole process stress free and enjoyable. Thank you to the Nearly Newlywed team!!

Sent on 01/16/2021
  • Ellen

Ellen R. · Getting married on 10/30/2021

Would recommend Nearly Newlywed to my best friends

I always thought that it was rather strange and wasteful that so many of the most beautiful (and expensive) dresses people get to wear only see the light of the day once. And I was very excited when I came across Nearly Newlywed - a large yet easy to navigate collection of wedding dresses that come with photos of the dresses on real people. I found my dream dress, which was no longer available offline because the brand had gone out of business, and bought it. The whole process was very reasonable - I was given five days to decide whether I wanted to keep or return the dress for a full refund. I asked for a day extension because I could not schedule a consultation with a seamstress right away, and the seller agreed to accommodate me. Email communication with the seller via Nearly Newlywed was quick and easy. The dress was exactly what I expected and I love it more because I got it for half the original price and because it was a special dress for someone else at some point. I'd recommend Nearly Newlywed, where I found the one, to any of my best friends.

Sent on 02/05/2021
  • Dalal

Dalal H. · Getting married on 10/30/2021

Amazing service

Melissa was super helpful in getting me a brand new hayley paige for an amazing price! Thanks girl ❤️

Sent on 02/18/2021

Chrissy C. · Getting married on 10/04/2021

Finally my turn.

I have been maid of honor 7 times and a bridesmaid in 3 other weddings, but as I turned 40 I had nearly given up on finding my own happily ever after. When I did and started dress shopping I fell in love with a gown that was totally out of my price range. Thanks to Nearly Newlywed, I have my dress and saved more than $800! It arrived well packaged and exactly as described by the seller. Perfect! Ladies, don't hesitate to use Nearly Newlywed!!

Sent on 12/03/2020

Ashley M. · Getting married on 09/25/2021

Best experience

Recommend 10 out of 10! I saved over $4,000 on a stunning gown with a note from the original bride that made me cry - so grateful & have a stunning dress

Sent on 01/06/2021
  • Molly

Molly · Getting married on 07/06/2021

Highly recommend!

I’ve been searching tirelessly for the perfect dress but so discouraging when seeing how expensive they can be. So when I found nearly newlywed I was so happy! Beautiful dresses for a great price! I am so happy and thankful that I purchased from them!

Sent on 09/13/2020

Ellen A. · Getting married on 06/09/2021

Fantastic company!

This is an amazing company. I had several emails back and forth about my dress and they were quick to respond, professional, and amazing to work with. Five stars isn't enough!!

Sent on 02/19/2021

Sylvia S. · Getting married on 06/05/2021

Amazing, Fast, and Responsive!!!

Sold my beautiful dress in a week! Representatives kept me in the loop the whole time, definitely worth the commission. They do all the work and send payment fast! Super friendly! Would work with them again. Thank you Melissa!

Sent on 02/14/2021
  • Olivia

Olivia · Getting married on 05/22/2021

Lovely experience

Very nice employees helped us work through the whole situation. Very quick responses even after “normal” business hours. Found my dream dress for a fraction of the cost.

Sent on 10/16/2020

Katy · Married on 04/16/2021

So easy and stress free!

Trying to find a dress can be unbelievably difficult and insane. My wedding is in two months and I was like “omg I need to find one soon” that’s when I stumbled across Nearly Newlywed. Lemme first say that Melissa is AMAZING! I had ordered a dress that turned out to be unavailable at the last minute by the seller and Melissas customer service, response time and genuine care for my wedding dress needs was just perfect!!! I picked out another dress and I had it by the end of the week! Their selection is just so vast and detailed, you will definitely find your dream dress by just surfing through their adorable site. Their prices can’t be beat and the dress I got was in perfect condition and amazing for the price! Such an amazing experience I wish I could get married to my fiancé every month with a different dress just to use Nearly Newlywed more often!

Sent on 02/15/2021
  • Crystal

Crystal H. · Married on 03/22/2021

Prompt, professional and AMAZING services. HIGHLY recommend!

I stumbled upon the Nearly Newlywed website, after scouring the internet looking for my perfect wedding dress. At first, I was a little bit skeptical because, let's face it, you can't be too careful online.

Of course, I was on a budget so, I was thinking that I would never find a dress that I absolutely fell in love with, anyways..but, boy was I wrong! After looking through some of their dresses, I was shocked at how gorgeous they all were AND the prices were budget friendly! I ended up walking away with my dream gown at a fraction of the retail price! Once i made my purchase, the service was very prompt & professional. Emails were sent every step of the way so, I knew exactly what was going on with my gown. When it shipped, I was given all the details, etc. It arrived in nice packaging, in a nice hanging garment bag to protect the dress. I looked it over to inspect it myself & it was exactly how it was described and pictured. It was absolutely stunning in person. I mean, it took my breath away! I couldn't be happier with my decision & experience with this company. I have the dress of my dreams!

After all was said and done, one last time, they reached out again to make sure that I was completely satisfied with my purchase.

Highly recommend this company. Hands down, best online shopping experience I've ever had.

Sent on 03/11/2020
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 03/10/2021

Couldn't be happier

My dress was gorgeous, exactly as advertised. Customer serivce was SO helpful when my dress was delayed by the delivery company. I thought buying online would be really scary but it was totally worth it!

Sent on 03/09/2020
  • S K

S K · Married on 03/06/2021

Empathetic and flexible, such a great experience!

I misread the site’s return policy and thought it was a 30 day return instead of a 5 day return, and I needed 14 days to decide on the dress (so I could try it on in a visit with my mom who lives far away).
    Patti, the person I was in contact with from Nearly Newlywed, was super understanding about my dilemma when I email explaining my mistake. What’s more, she agreed to extend the return window by a week so that I could “say yes” (or no!) with my mom.
    She was incredibly kind and professional throughout the entire experience (even though the mistake was entirely my fault). These are the kinds of businesses that remind you how a business should be run.

Except for the fact that I’m only planning on getting married once, I’d absolutely buy from them again.

Patti, my mom and I send our thanks!

Sent on 01/25/2020

Liana C. · Married on 02/26/2021

Great! Fantastic!

Great! This was an amazing and quick experience. Hassle free and friendly!

Sent on 02/26/2021

Sasha G. · Married on 02/19/2021

Seller Experience

It was super easy to list my dress to sell and once it was sold they made it super easy to ship the dress. Payment was quick and they are very responsive!

Sent on 02/19/2021

Sharon Y. · Married on 02/13/2021

Great savings and excellent service!

I have always loved the romantic lace designs from Pronovias and I found my dream dress that makes me feel like a princess at this website for a fraction of the retail price. What makes it even better is the fact that the previous owner was exactly my size and when I got the dress, it just fits perfectly, no alterations needed.

I work abroad and I decided to use the service of a reshipping company instead of the international shipping service from the company because it would cost half the price of my dress. However, they had issues trying to ship it to where I work and required a couple of documents for customs clearance.

Patti was extremely helpful and she went above and beyond when she responded to my emails requesting for assistance even during the holidays season. Her service is highly commendable and I can't thank her enough for making my wedding dream come true. I would definitely recommend this vendor to everyone I know.

Sent on 01/01/2020

Christina · Married on 01/11/2021

Great and hassle free

Found a dress just my size. I got lucky enough I don't even need to alter it! Everyone was great with communication received emails quickly and efficiently. I have had an amazing experience with zero hassle.

Sent on 11/19/2020

Erin F. · Married on 01/06/2021

Amazing service! So happy I found NearlyNewlywed!

I had saved a picture of my dream dress on my phone (A BHDLN dress from Anthropologie) for a couple of years, before my fiance and I were even dating. I wasn't able to find the dress on the BHDLN site when I got engaged, but a friend found it on Nearly Newlywed! And it was a fraction of the price. The dress was sent through a quality check and cleaning before it even got sent to me, and representatives emailed me with updates along the way. When I received it, it was still in the BHLDN dress bag, and in absolutely perfect condition. I am so thankful I discovered this site, got to wear my dream dress, and at a price I could afford! Everyone spread the word, Nearly Newlywed is the best!

Sent on 02/27/2020
  • Heidi

Heidi B. · Married on 12/04/2020

Had an unworn designer dress to sell

My best friend's wedding plans fell through after she'd bought her dream dress. We sold it on NNW for a great price for her, and a bride got a beautiful, unworn, designer wedding dress at 1/4 the original cost! Thank you!
    HBrennan

Sent on 04/12/2020
  • Chaylin

Chaylin · Married on 11/01/2020

Amazing Company!

I just received my Martina Liana dress from Nearly Newlywed and I can’t say enough of this company! Very prompt with shipping and updates and i ordered my dress on the 26th of March and it has only been 10 days since ordering and I already received it! It came packed in a beautiful bag with a note from the seller, and the dress has far exceeded any dream dress I tried on in the stores for less than 1/2 the original price! Safe to say I am amazed and so grateful that I found nearly newlywed before I spent thousands of dollars for the same dress in store!

Sent on 04/06/2020

Liz · Married on 10/31/2020

Seller was amazing. She responded immediately to all of my questions. My dress sold quickly. I also ended up making more money on my dress

My mind was at ease w this company

Sent on 10/31/2020
  • Holly

Holly C. · Married on 10/17/2020

Wonderful experience start to finish!!

My experience with Nearly Newlywed was 100% TOP NOTCH! My questions were answered quickly and the buying transaction was super smooth! My dress arrived in a very nice garment bag with a flexible measurement tape and I even found extras like a cute flower girl basket in with my dress. My dress is perfect and clean and exactly as described and pictured.
    I’d recommend them to any bride! Thanks!

Sent on 02/08/2020