Nearly Newlywed Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

Elizabeth S. Getting married on 07/07/2023

Smooth, straightforward

When I started looking for a wedding dress, I knew the pre-owned route was what I wanted, but I wondered whether I'd find the right quality and fit. The dress I found on Nearly Newlywed far exceeds my expectations. It's gorgeous, in wonderful condition, and the listed measurements were accurate. It took just a couple weeks from when I ordered to when the dress arrived, and I appreciate that they took the time to verify authenticity and accuracy. Highly recommend!
  • Kendall
    Kendall D. Getting married on 05/03/2023

Very easy and quick!

From creating the listing to the completion of the sale, the whole experience with Nearly Newlywed was easy and stress free. Clear directions were given the whole way through for how to take photos/videos of the dress, how to ship to the buyer, and what to expect. If you’re looking to sell your dress to its next home, you can trust Nearly Newlywed!
  • Sarah
    Sarah Getting married on 11/05/2022

I found my Pronovias wedding dress and paid half the price

For any bride looking to get a high quality dress on a budget, Nearly Newlywed is probably the best pre-owned wedding dress option. They were SO responsive (both via support chat and email), even though I was ordering my dress near the holiday season. Their support team was also super friendly and really great communicators which is a huge deal when you want to make sure a dress is going to fit, etc! Their biggest selling point is that if you order a dress and it doesn't work out, you can return it to the seller for just $50 which is so worth considering the money you'll be saving buying a pre-owned dress. I'm so happy that I'm recycling a dress that otherwise wasn't going to be worn again, and that I saved a TON of money!
  • Chantelle
    Chantelle M. Getting married on 10/15/2022

Excellent Product and Service

Received my dress a few days ago! Absolutely loved that I found my dream Stella York designer wedding dress for a fraction of the cost. I was a little hesitant buying a wedding dress online, but I received exactly what was advertised and promised. My primary contact was Patti, and she was genuinely encouraging when I initially had my doubts and she updated me every step of the way. Confirmation, tracking, and delivery, etc etc. Thank you Nearly Newlywed and thank you Patti!
  • Nee-Ka
    Nee-Ka L. Getting married on 05/29/2022

Absolutely incredible!

I have always hoped to find a second hand dress, for many reason including the meaning behind it and the price! I was torn between different companies or thrifting sites, but Nearly Newlywed blew me away! They were the most responsive company I think I have ever worked with, and they were made everything exceedingly easy! This sounds cheesy, but I really cannot recommend them enough. I am so happy with my dress!
    Holly W. Getting married on 05/07/2022

Some of the best customer service

I found a dress on Pinterest that I absolutely fell in love with years ago. Prior (much prior) to my engagement. After tracking down the designer and finding out they’d gone out of business, I found it for sale on nearly newlywed. After purchasing it, there was some concern about possible yellowing of the dress, as they do. I can’t give enough compliments to the team at nearly newlywed. They’ve been so transparent with me through every step. . Let’s put it this way, I haven’t even received my dress yet and have already had one of the best Customer service experiences ever. I do hope I’m happy with this dress. But if not, I know I can return it and will more than likely use this company to find the exact one for my day. (Although I know my first choice will be the one… I’ve oogled it for at least 5 years)
    Keep up the amazing work Nearly Newlywed!
    C Glitter Getting married on 03/05/2022

Said yes to the first dress!

After having been discouraged by the high prices of designer dresses, I decided to give a used dress a try. I found a dress that was originally over $4000 for $700 that seemed to be about my size. The odds of the perfect fit seemed against me and I was slightly worried it might show up dirty or not as the original dress but Nearly Newlyweds are on top of it. The customer service staff reached out to me several times throughout the process and were very helpful. They notified me when they received the dress from the seller, informed me thoroughly on the condition of the dress, made sure I still wanted to purchase before sending, sent it to me in a timely manner, and checked back in once it arrived to see what I thought. I was one of the lucky ones who tried on my very first dress and it's perfect. This vendor made the whole process stress free and enjoyable. Thank you to the Nearly Newlywed team!!
    Jordan H. Getting married on 10/30/2021

Nearly Newlywed is THE BEST choice!

I am so thrilled I found my dress on Nearly Newlywed. I was able to browse so many more dress options than I was able to in just a couple bridal stores and I am certainly indecisive enough that I needed to look at a hundred to know for sure!

When a dress I loved on their site was no longer available, their amazing concierge team immediately sent me some other options (the same dress in even better condition) from their site and I knew it was the right choice.

It's a way to help the environment, help your budget, help another bride - it's honestly the best choice you could make.
  • Dalal
    Dalal H. Getting married on 10/30/2021

Amazing service

Melissa was super helpful in getting me a brand new hayley paige for an amazing price! Thanks girl ❤️
  • Ellen
    Ellen R. Getting married on 10/30/2021

Would recommend Nearly Newlywed to my best friends

I always thought that it was rather strange and wasteful that so many of the most beautiful (and expensive) dresses people get to wear only see the light of the day once. And I was very excited when I came across Nearly Newlywed - a large yet easy to navigate collection of wedding dresses that come with photos of the dresses on real people. I found my dream dress, which was no longer available offline because the brand had gone out of business, and bought it. The whole process was very reasonable - I was given five days to decide whether I wanted to keep or return the dress for a full refund. I asked for a day extension because I could not schedule a consultation with a seamstress right away, and the seller agreed to accommodate me. Email communication with the seller via Nearly Newlywed was quick and easy. The dress was exactly what I expected and I love it more because I got it for half the original price and because it was a special dress for someone else at some point. I'd recommend Nearly Newlywed, where I found the one, to any of my best friends.
    Karen M. Getting married on 10/28/2021

Found my dream dress!

I was looking for a wedding dress but didn’t want to pay $1,000 or more for a dress I’ll only wear once. I googled budget wedding dresses and Nearly Newlywed came up. I went to the website and found my dress! I couldn’t believe it. It’s stunning! I recommend Nearly Newlywed to anyone that’s looking for a beautiful wedding dress without the extravagant price tag!
  • Chrissy
    Chrissy C. Married on 10/04/2021

Finally my turn.

I have been maid of honor 7 times and a bridesmaid in 3 other weddings, but as I turned 40 I had nearly given up on finding my own happily ever after. When I did and started dress shopping I fell in love with a gown that was totally out of my price range. Thanks to Nearly Newlywed, I have my dress and saved more than $800! It arrived well packaged and exactly as described by the seller. Perfect! Ladies, don't hesitate to use Nearly Newlywed!!
    Ashley M. Married on 09/25/2021

Best experience

Recommend 10 out of 10! I saved over $4,000 on a stunning gown with a note from the original bride that made me cry - so grateful & have a stunning dress
  • Molly
    Molly Married on 07/06/2021

Highly recommend!

I’ve been searching tirelessly for the perfect dress but so discouraging when seeing how expensive they can be. So when I found nearly newlywed I was so happy! Beautiful dresses for a great price! I am so happy and thankful that I purchased from them!
    Lauren M. Married on 06/26/2021

The Last Minute Dress

I ordered this dress just three weeks before my wedding. The customer service was so helpful and responsive by responding to me after hours and helping me get expedited shipping!! The dress looked just as it did in the photos, and got here when they said it would get here. It was worth every penny! And I am now going to look like a princess on my wedding day:)
    Kathryn Married on 06/22/2021

It was wonderful. They made the process so easy!

Great website, friendly staff, they made reselling my dress easy!
    Ellen A. Married on 06/09/2021

Fantastic company!

This is an amazing company. I had several emails back and forth about my dress and they were quick to respond, professional, and amazing to work with. Five stars isn't enough!!
    Sylvia S. Married on 06/05/2021

Amazing, Fast, and Responsive!!!

Sold my beautiful dress in a week! Representatives kept me in the loop the whole time, definitely worth the commission. They do all the work and send payment fast! Super friendly! Would work with them again. Thank you Melissa!
  • Olivia
    Olivia Married on 05/22/2021

Lovely experience

Very nice employees helped us work through the whole situation. Very quick responses even after “normal” business hours. Found my dream dress for a fraction of the cost.
    Bonnie H. Married on 05/18/2021

This has been the best group of people to work with in selling a dress!!! Very responsive, understanding and made it so easy!

I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking to sell their dress!
    Katy Married on 04/16/2021

So easy and stress free!

Trying to find a dress can be unbelievably difficult and insane. My wedding is in two months and I was like “omg I need to find one soon” that’s when I stumbled across Nearly Newlywed. Lemme first say that Melissa is AMAZING! I had ordered a dress that turned out to be unavailable at the last minute by the seller and Melissas customer service, response time and genuine care for my wedding dress needs was just perfect!!! I picked out another dress and I had it by the end of the week! Their selection is just so vast and detailed, you will definitely find your dream dress by just surfing through their adorable site. Their prices can’t be beat and the dress I got was in perfect condition and amazing for the price! Such an amazing experience I wish I could get married to my fiancé every month with a different dress just to use Nearly Newlywed more often!
  • Crystal
    Crystal H. Married on 03/22/2021

Prompt, professional and AMAZING services. HIGHLY recommend!

I stumbled upon the Nearly Newlywed website, after scouring the internet looking for my perfect wedding dress. At first, I was a little bit skeptical because, let's face it, you can't be too careful online.

Of course, I was on a budget so, I was thinking that I would never find a dress that I absolutely fell in love with, anyways..but, boy was I wrong! After looking through some of their dresses, I was shocked at how gorgeous they all were AND the prices were budget friendly! I ended up walking away with my dream gown at a fraction of the retail price! Once i made my purchase, the service was very prompt & professional. Emails were sent every step of the way so, I knew exactly what was going on with my gown. When it shipped, I was given all the details, etc. It arrived in nice packaging, in a nice hanging garment bag to protect the dress. I looked it over to inspect it myself & it was exactly how it was described and pictured. It was absolutely stunning in person. I mean, it took my breath away! I couldn't be happier with my decision & experience with this company. I have the dress of my dreams!

After all was said and done, one last time, they reached out again to make sure that I was completely satisfied with my purchase.

Highly recommend this company. Hands down, best online shopping experience I've ever had.
  • Elizabeth
    Elizabeth Married on 03/10/2021

Couldn't be happier

My dress was gorgeous, exactly as advertised. Customer serivce was SO helpful when my dress was delayed by the delivery company. I thought buying online would be really scary but it was totally worth it!
  • S K
    S K Married on 03/06/2021

Empathetic and flexible, such a great experience!

I misread the site’s return policy and thought it was a 30 day return instead of a 5 day return, and I needed 14 days to decide on the dress (so I could try it on in a visit with my mom who lives far away).
    Patti, the person I was in contact with from Nearly Newlywed, was super understanding about my dilemma when I email explaining my mistake. What’s more, she agreed to extend the return window by a week so that I could “say yes” (or no!) with my mom.
    She was incredibly kind and professional throughout the entire experience (even though the mistake was entirely my fault). These are the kinds of businesses that remind you how a business should be run.

Except for the fact that I’m only planning on getting married once, I’d absolutely buy from them again.

Patti, my mom and I send our thanks!
    Liana C. Married on 02/26/2021

Great! Fantastic!

Great! This was an amazing and quick experience. Hassle free and friendly!