Nearly Newlywed Reviews

167 | New York, NY

167 Reviews for Nearly Newlywed

167 Nearly Newlywed Reviews

Elizabeth Rocque · Getting married on 04/25/2020

I feel like I’m dreaming!

I cannot begin to express how amazing Nearly Newlyweds business is! I had my dream designer Pinterest dress and when I searched for it, this website popped up. The dress was the exact size I needed and the description was incredible. There were plenty of different pictures of the dress so I could see how it looked onevery side. As soon as I decided this was the dress, I received an email confirmation with more information so I wasn’t so worried about buying a dress online. I received an email when it shipped with the tracking number so I knew when to expect it. I got a follow up email when it arrived to check in on how I liked the dress. The dress was in PERFECT condition. It fit just as expected- no alterations needed. It is my absolute dream dress that I never in a million years thought I would be able to afford. Not only am I satisfied with the quality of the dress, but also how smooth the process went and how caring Patti was throughout our e-mail exchanges. I am even more excited now after communicating with her about the dress! Thank you so much Nearly Newlyweds- can’t wait for my wedding day!!

Amanda · Getting married on 10/19/2019

I enjoyed working with this vendor to sell my dress. They were very responsive and I'm happy someone else can wear and enjoy it! There are fees associated with the sale, so make sure you read that through first. They seem appropriate for the services received. Also, a great way to sell a dress over 5 years old (which at some shops and sites is not allowed).

Caroline · Getting married on 10/19/2019

I was a little wary about purchasing a dress online, but the return policy eased my mind. Patti also responded quickly when I had a question about shipping. It did take 3 weeks from the order date for the dress to arrive so keep this in mind when ordering. Overall, though, very great experience and I'm so happy I found my dream dress for less than half the price!

• W

Whitney · Getting married on 09/28/2019

I have bought two dresses from Nearly Newlywed - my ceremony and my reception dress. They have an amazing selection of absolutely gorgeous dresses that I wouldn't be able to afford otherwise, and their customer service members are super helpful and responsive. I would highly recommend taking a look if you have champagne taste on a beer budget!

Krista · Getting married on 09/14/2019

I was a little worried about buying a wedding dress online but the dress came in was exactly as described and it’s beyond amazing! I would of never been able to get a designer dress at retail. I got a brand new unaltered Hayley Paige with tags still on it for a fraction of the price. It’s also eased my mind knowing I could return the dress if it wasn’t love. It’s Great site and friendly staff! I highly recommend!

• Kristi

Kristi Hutchens · Getting married on 09/02/2019

Amazing Dress, Amazing Service! Best Experience a Bride Could Ask For!

I was very skeptical about buying a dress online! However, I could not be more happier with my decision! I got a beautiful, designer dress, almost exactly like the one I tried on in a bridal botique that costed $1,000 more! I was beyond happy! It fit perfectly, and I was contacted immediately regarding whether or not I like it. Wonderful service all around!

Kierstin · Getting married on 06/21/2019

I was very nervous about ordering a used wedding dress online, but Nearly Newlywed eased my anxiety. I actually ordered two dresses (at different times). The first dress I requested to have delivered at a later time, because I would be unavailable during the time the dress would've been delivered. Nearly Newlywed was very accommodating! The first dress didn't work for me and returning the dress was quick and painless. The second dress was great and I saved so much money, about 60% off retail price! I'm so exited to have a dress that I can afford without breaking my budget! :)

AMY · Getting married on 06/01/2019

I bought my wedding g dress from this website and absolutely loved it! They get it shipped to their company first for inspection and then ship it out to you. Right after I got my dress I received an email from them seeing how I felt about the dress. Everything was so perfect. I would definitely recommend this site!

Nearly Newlywed 1
    Nearly Newlywed 2

Laura · Getting married on 06/01/2019

I was looking for an inexpensive but nice dress for a courthouse ceremony, approximately a year before our 'big' ceremony back home.
    The website was easily navigable and the information regarding the wearer's measurements made it fairly easy to weed out which dresses would fit me. I ordered two dresses to try on (they must be returned within five days of receiving them) but only one shipped, as it's the prerogative of the seller whether to send them on to you, so that's something to be aware of. Luckily that dress was just right, the perfect size and length for me, and right in my price range. The dress is in good condition with no stains, pulls, BO, etc.
    Patti emailed checking in and responded to emails at the speed of light--very very responsive. She refunded me price of the other dress that didn't ship.
    I would definitely recommend this to a bride on a budget who nonetheless wants a quality trial gown.

Kayla · Getting married on 05/04/2019

I tried on dresses at Bridal Boutique in my town and fell in love with this Pronovias Dress. However, the sticker price at the boutique was 2500 and my mom (who wanted to buy my gown for me) was not happy. I found the same dress (new and unaltered) on Nearly Newlywed for 1500. I was so afraid it was too good to be true! The dress was delivered safely to me in a garment bag protecting it in the box. It is just as beautiful as I remember at the store!

Nearly Newlywed 3
    Nearly Newlywed 4
    Nearly Newlywed 5

Megan · Getting married on 04/20/2019

I had a lovely experience selling my dress with Nearly Newlywed. Patti was extremely helpful and responsive with questions and emails. My dress sold within a year and I didn’t have to worry about anything. I highly recommend this service!

Jordan · Getting married on 02/22/2019

I was about to purchase my dress brand new from a store. Went online and found a bride that hadn't worn or altered the same dress for less than half the price!
    I couldn't resist. The company also did a good job at making sure it was in mint condition before sending it to me.
    Then they kept in contact to ensure I loved the dress.

Kimberly · Getting married on 01/05/2019

I was very pleased with the quality and the efficiency of the staff at Nearly Newlywed. I wasn't super thrilled about going shopping for my wedding dress, which I know sounds weird, so this was perfect for me! The dress I purchased was described perfectly and looked just like the pictures. It was also in perfect condition. I would highly suggest this for anyone who is wanting a designer dress, but not wanting to pay the designer price. Once I received the dress an associate from Nearly Newlywed reached out to me right away to check on everything. They were very understanding and helpful. She also told me that if I needed to keep the dress longer than their five day return policy that they would be willing to let me.

Heather · Getting married on 12/02/2018

After a wedding dress search that went on for months and an internal struggle over spending $2,000+ on a dress for ONE day, I decided to take a look at used dresses. Most used dress sites are final sale which is way too big of a risk for such a large purchase, so I was thrilled when I found Nearly Newlywed which offers a 5 day return policy. You have plenty of time to try the dress on and take it to a tailor to see about alterations.

I spent a couple weeks searching through the site whenever I had a minute, sorting by price and silhouette, and favoriting dresses that could be possibilities. Eventually I found a gorgeous Augusta Jones ballgown that according to the seller's measurements would fit perfectly – plus, it had been altered but never worn!! I received the dress within a week, invited a friend over to help me try it on, and couldn't have been happier to find that it fit like a glove. All it needs is a hem! I ended up paying just over $1,000 for a dress that would have cost closer to $3,000 in a boutique.

Jessica · Married on 10/27/2018

I was "online window shopping" and sort of found this dress I was IN LOVE WITH and bought it on a total whim. (Wedding isn't until next fall!) Because of their return policy, I was like, why not, let me just buy it and see what the deal is. It took about 2 weeks to get to me, and mind you, I had never contacted the original seller before clicking buy.

However, I was so obsessed with looking at pictures of the dress online (after I bought it but before I received it) that I actually stumbled upon the same dress (seller, origin, everything) on other preowned sites. I was so nervous that the original seller might have sold it through one of these websites before I bought it, so I emailed the info address in a panic! Patti nicely told me it was on its way to NN and that I would get it soon. I opened the box when it arrived and almost fainted. STUNNING. Much much nicer than anything I'd be able to afford in a boutique. Needs to be altered a bit, but I went to a tailor and she said it would be simple! Thanks to NN for the ease and for providing such a lovely service. I am excited to wear this gorgeous dress for the big day.

Ashley · Married on 10/05/2018

I am so happy I went through Nearly Newlywed for my dress. I knew I wanted to do secondhand if I could, but was afraid I'd have to buy a dress sight-unseen and be stuck with it. The 5 day window to try the dress was very comforting and I had my dress in 2 weeks. I ended up getting a dress from an amazing designer for less than half of the regular price, and you can't even tell it's been worn. I would highly recommend!

• User6432600 · Recently married

My dress sold in 24 hours. This far exceeded my expectations. Patty answered all my questions promptly, even after hours and on weekends. She was very helpful throughout the process which was very simple.
    I listed my dress on other sites and had no luck. With the reputation and following, I highly recommend nearly newlywed.

Carliece · Married on 09/21/2018

Amazing! Found my dress new and un altered at 1/3 of the price it was listed for in the Bridal Boutique. I received the dress in a little over two weeks. Having the option to return the dress if it didn't work took so much pressure off. Anytime I emailed Patti she responded almost immediately. She was so helpful in getting the dress to me in the exact condition that it was described. This level of service means the world to me, especially during the wedding planning process. I'm soooooo happy and I'll recommend Nearly Newlywed over and over again.

Haley · Married on 09/15/2018

I was able to purchase a beautiful dress at half the retail price - it had also been tailored so it is basically ready to go! I am very glad I was able to save some money and also am happy to reuse a dress from an environmental perspective.

rachel · Married on 09/01/2018

The dress came exactly as described! Perfect condition. Great price!

vida · Married on 09/01/2018

Nearly newly wed is the most convenient way to shop your wedding dress. They send you the dress to try it on. If you don't like it send it back for just 25$ without any hassle of making reservations at a bridal salon. The first dress I ordered arrived faster than I expected and I was on a work trip so I couldn't let them know if I want to keep the dress within the first 5 dyas. After emailing them they extended the time for me. SOOO accommodating. It might be best if you try couple of dresses before hand at a store to have an idea of what brands you are looking for. It is the best option for brides who are busy with work and don't have the time to spend all their weekend at a bridal salon. The dresses were packed nicely and were exactly as described. I ended up buying an un-worn, un-altered, brand new wedding dress for less than half of the original price from Nearly newly wed. Totally recommended.:)

Gail · Married on 09/01/2018

I stumbled onto Nearly Newly Wed-I wasn’t looking for a wedding dress. But I did need a mother of the groom dress. I’m so happy I checked this site! I found the perfect dress at the perfect price. Also working with Patti was so easy. She was very responsive and helpful. I definitely will use this site again!!

Joylene · Married on 08/20/2018

I had purchased the wedding dress of my dreams -- it had every gorgeous detail I'd been looking for and fit nearly perfectly! However, the man of my dreams turned did not pan out and suddenly I was left with a beautiful dress and no wedding to wear it to.
    After hemming and hawing a bit, a little scared to part ways with it, I posted my dress on Nearly Newlywed in the hopes that this dress could find its happily ever after. I honestly forgot I had posted it and had sort of lost hope it would sell at all (it's on the small side and unique in styling.) But some months later, I was contacted by email that it had sold, but (of course) I was out of town at the time and wouldn't be back home for nearly a week!! I wrote back to them right away to let them know and they were very accommodating and understanding.
    The nicest part is they handle all the interactions with the buyer which took a lot of the pressure off of selling the dress. No explaining things or answering tons of question -- just fill in the form, load pictures, and ready to roll! They are very responsive and honestly, it's nice to know that this very special dress will make someone else happy! Thank you Nearly Newlywed Team for making this process about as painless as it possibly could be -- next time there's a ring on my finger I will be back to browse and in the meantime, will recommend you to friends and family! :]

Lauren · Married on 08/18/2018

Found my dream dress for half the price on this site! I was really nervous buying a wedding dress online, but I felt a lot better knowing that nearly newlywed checks the condition of the dress before they ship it to you and you can return the dress within 5 days for a full refund if you don't like it. I am so happy with my dress and I saved so much money! Also Patti was very sweet and emailed me after I received the dress to make sure I was happy with it. I HIGHLY recommend.

Jacque · Married on 08/18/2018

Truely a pleasure to work with. I asked for additional pictures and received them in 2 days. That was the moment I knew I wanted the dress. It was shipped extremely fast. Exactly as described and shown in pics! Wedding isn’t until August 2018. Will try to post a picture after that.