Nazemi Bridal Reviews

77 Reviews for Nazemi Bridal

• Danielle

Danielle Kingsbury · Getting married on 11/05/2022

Alterations review

I brought my wedding dress to Nazemi Bridal to have alterations done. They were so sweet and nice to meet with, had the alterations done in a very timely process, never tried to upsell me on additional things (in fact, I tried to buy additional accessories and she told me my dress was so beautiful and I didn't need it, but if I changed my mind, the accessory could be mailed). I would highly recommend!

Sent on 10/25/2020

Braelyn Holt · Getting married on 11/14/2020

Very happy with the alterations!

My dress was too small and I was worried about alterations but it turned out so beautifully!

Sent on 10/19/2020

Blair Galiber · Getting married on 10/30/2020

Amazing experience!!

Nazemi Bridal was such a fantastic experience and made my wedding dress so perfect! She was very responsive to my needs and how I wanted the dress to look, and was also extremely flexible with appointments. Thanks to Nazemi Bridal I can't wait for my wedding day because I know I will look my absolute best! I would highly recommend Nazemi Bridal for any dress alterations needed for your wedding day.

Sent on 10/20/2020

Cara Peterson · Married on 05/16/2020

Definitely recommend!

I brought my wedding gown in to take off the train and the finished tailoring was done so carefully that you would never know the original dress had a train. I also brought in an A-line skirt I wanted to use as an overskirt for the dress, and they helped me by removing the bottom layers so that you could see the design of my dress through the skirt. They listened carefully to my thoughts on how I wanted the overskirt to work with the dress and really seemed to understand what I wanted. Also, the inside of the studio/salon is so clean and calm, it feels like a relief to come in for fittings when you're in the middle of wedding planning craziness! Highly recommend for any DC area brides.

Sent on 10/12/2020
  • Annie

Annie Desaussure · Married on 01/08/2020

Excellent service!

I highly recommend Nazemi Bridal for alterations. I brought my dress here because of all the 5-star reviews and I was not disappointed! I needed to make a lot of changes to my dress and Tannaz really worked with me to help transform my dress into exactly what I wanted for my wedding day. She is very professional and offered her expert opinion about how to best alter the dress. I also love the bustle she designed. I really felt like a bride on my wedding day, even though we ended up having a very small, low-key ceremony because of covid. I highly recommend her services! Quick turn-around too.

Sent on 10/18/2020

Elizabeth Cleary · Married on 11/23/2019

Incredible life saver!

At first, I had had an alteration appointment scheduled with a tailor closer to my place, but when my dress came in and it wouldnt button, I decided to go to Nazemi who is a wedding dress specialist. I was so nervous that she was going to look at me in the dress and tell me I had ordered the wrong size, but she didn't even blink and went about pinning the dress in a way that made it all come together in the back. In addition to shortening the waist, they also did the hem, the bustle, and the changed out the cups to match my skin and shape better. It was more than I initially budgeted for alterations, but I would pay it all over again because they literally performed a miracle with the dress and made me feel absolutely beautiful on our big day. Plus, their kindness and attention to their customers is unrivaled. So grateful for their help and expertise!

Sent on 07/20/2020

Kelly · Married on 11/09/2019

Perfect Alterations!

Nazemi Bridal is seriously the best when it comes to alterations! I came in earlier in the year to get a bridesmaid dress altered and they did it easily without problem. The fit came out perfect and they were great with giving recommendations on what alterations should be done. I later made an appointment to get my own wedding dress altered as well. My dress was HUGE on me (size 12, bought at a sample sale), and they had no issue making it fit me like a perfect size 6! My dress had tons of lace, delicate beading, and a long train with details at the end, and they were able to keep all these amazing parts of the dress while making it fit wonderfully. Nazemi Bridal was wonderful to work with!

Sent on 10/17/2019

Caroline A · Married on 11/09/2019

Excellent!!

Nazemi Bridal is the place to go for dress or alterations needs. They recently altered two bridesmaids dresses for me, and they did a wonderful job on both. One needed to be cut off and hemmed and taken in under the arm and the other needed substantial work done on the top and in the shoulders. I am very happy with how each turned out thanks to their expert seamstress and fashion knowledge. I would 100% recommend Nazemi to anyone! Not to mention their beautiful store and great customer service!

Sent on 10/31/2019

Lee Ann C · Married on 10/26/2019

Thank you Nazemi Bridal!

Tannaz and Violetta did a phenomenal job tailoring my wedding dress. I simply cannot overstate how kind, patient, skilled, and professional they were. They worked on different parts of the dress over several fittings and the end result was just perfect. I received what felt like a million compliments on it—not just the dress but how well it fit. And mostly importantly, I felt super comfortable and confident on my wedding day. It's all kudos to Nazemi Bridal! They were fantastic. 5 stars! All the stars!

Sent on 02/04/2020
  • Andrea

andrea k · Married on 09/27/2019

Amazing work!

I thankfully found Nazemi Bridal after a terrible experience at another tailor in Shaw. They were able to get me in for an early morning consult, and completely set my mind at ease that they could do all the work (and there was a lot!). The dress needed to be hemmed, taken in and taken up at the shoulders. The work they did was spectacular- the dress fit beautifully. The fittings were all wonderful experiences and the final product was amazing. You absolutely get an exceptional quality for the price. I highly recommend, you will be thrilled with how beautiful their work is and how you'll feel the day of your wedding!

Sent on 11/02/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah Merianos · Married on 09/11/2019

Expert tailors

Nazemi did the alterations on my wedding dress, and are probably the best seamstresses in town. They were recommended to by BHLDN and completed the alterations in a quick, timely fashion. They added a beautiful discrete bustle to a dress I didn't think I could bustle, hemmed my gown, and added rubber pads to my sleeved to stop the heavily beaded bodice from slipping. They were kind, reasonably priced, and made me feel beautiful!

Sent on 11/17/2019
  • Nilufer

Nilufer · Married on 08/10/2019

Alterations done right

Though my shop where I purchased the dress offered alterations at a fairly reasonable, the contract they required you to enter into is quite restrictive (they will only schedule fittings on Tuesdays and Thursdays, only two fittings allowed, cannot gain or lose weight, etc.) All the restrictions made me nervous, so I decided to take my gown once it arrived to outside alterations. Nazemi is the highest rated bridal alternations shop in the DC on Yelp, and it is with good reason. The work is impeccable, and I got three fitting appointments. The French bustle she created was gorgeous! She was so nice and patient with the bridesmiads when teaching them how to bustle the dress. Her studio has a nice calming atmosphere as well.

Sent on 08/15/2019
  • Erica

Erica · Married on 06/22/2019

Expert Tailor, Great Service

I used Nazemi to have my lace wedding dress altered. I had three fittings, all of which went exceedingly well. I could tell that the tailors at Nazemi were extremely knowledgeable and I felt comfortable trusting their judgment with my delicate lace dress. They were also very receptive to my concerns and were helpful in helping me figure out which undergarments would work best. They also were quite flexible with their appointment times so I never felt like my dress would not be done in time. Their pricing is not inexpensive, but it is definitely as example of getting what you pay for because my dress fit me like a glove.

Sent on 07/12/2019

Meg P · Married on 05/11/2019

Amazing experience!

I highly recommend Nazemi Bridal for wedding dress alterations. While not an inexpensive tailor, Nazemi Bridal is worth every penny. The entire experience felt very high end. It was easy to make (or change) appointments and they were very understanding of my tight turn-around time after another tailor fell through. The alterations themselves were seriously perfect. In all honesty, during my first fitting I felt a little panicked that I made a mistake and did not like the dress I had chosen. However, Tannaz and team worked their magic and I ended up loving my dress. Even my husband kept remarking how well it fit me during our first look. I recommend that brides try to save money when buying their dress and spend their money on alterations instead since they can make or break your whole look!

Sent on 08/21/2019

Alina · Married on 04/27/2019

Amazing work and service

I had the best experience with Nazemi Bridal - Tannaz was unbelievably professional, kind, and patient with me. I had several last-minute changes in my schedule and she accommodated me every time for an appointment, even in the days leading up to my wedding. Her alterations were perfect and she made bustling the dress uncomplicated and still maintained the shape and integrity of the train. I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 04/20/2019
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 10/13/2018

Would recommend to anyone

WOW is all I have to say. Nazemi bridal is the real deal. I dropped my lace dress off confident the team would do a great job--and they didn't disappoint! I would recommend to anyone. Tannaz is so incredibly nice and flexible as well.

Sent on 11/06/2018

Bridget · Married on 10/12/2018

Excellent service

I came across Nazemi Bridal when I realized I could not feasibly commute back and forth to the boutique where I purchased my dress. Nazemi Bridal is conveniently located in Georgetown, and while expensive, the quality of craftsmanship is amazing. My lace dress required a lot of work because it was a size too big. Tannaz was great to work with, and is just a friendly and warm person.

Sent on 12/28/2018

Heather · Married on 10/05/2018

Nazemi Bridal put all my worries at ease and made me love my dress.

I knew as soon as I bought my dress online that it was the dress for me, and felt just as amazing in it when I tried it on in the store and bought it. However, I purchased a size too large, so when it arrived I was so worried that I had made the wrong choice and that I would look plain and wouldn't feel special in it on my wedding day. As soon as I walked into Nazemi Bridal, I felt calmer. The studio is beautiful, clean, and well lit, with spacious changing rooms and large mirrors. Tanaaz is bubbly, enthusiastic, and welcoming. I came for three fittings, and had a lot of work done on my dress - hemmed, taken up at the shoulders and in along the sides, cups put in, bustle added, a hook reinforcement for the back clasp, a few more tweaks here and there, and a fresh steam/press. I also had my matron of honor's dress hemmed here. Each visit when I tried on my dress, I fell more and more in love with it again. Tanaaz was careful with her changes, originally pinning some areas, but then deciding to wait until the second visit to see if a certain area needed to be taken in more or not. She pointed out certain tweaks that would help the dress fit so that it skimmed all my curves, and made additional adjustments after the second fitting. The work was beautiful, and my dress fit perfectly! Tanaaz also helped ensure that my undergarments ensured no funky lines or bunches showed through my form-hugging dress! The work was pricey, but having visited another tailor for my sister's wedding and considering the amount of work done on my dress, I felt it was very fair and worth every penny!

Sent on 11/04/2018

Sarah · Married on 09/02/2018

Nazemi Bridal is the absolute best!!! Where to start? I came here to get alterations for my wedding dress because of the incredible reviews. It exceeded all of my expectations!!! At my very first fitting, we realized that yellow spots had appeared all over my dress (every bride’s worst nightmare). Apparently, despite the fact that my dress designer has an incredible reputation, she used yellow glue in order to paste the floral appliqué on the dress. While the dress looked perfect when I bought it, the yellow glue eventually started dripping so by the time I brought it to Nazemi Bridal for the first time I was horrified to discover yellow fluorescent spots everywhere! Tannaz was the most calming and helpful person in the entire world!! She reassured me that everything would be fine, and offered to remove floral appliqué on the bottom of the dress and sew them by hand on the remaining spots. I cannot tell you how many phone calls I had with Tannaz about this matter, and how patient and caring she was each time I called. She even called me back one time to discuss the dress while she was on her vacation abroad! The manufacturer ended up fixing the yellow, but they cut too much on the bottom in order to get rid of yellow fabric there. Again, when I discovered this right before I was getting ready to leave to my wedding destination, Tannaz and her team said not to worry! They worked around the clock for the two days before I left DC to add more floral appliqué to the bottom so that my feet wouldn’t show and I could even wear heels. The dress turned out absolutely gorgeous and they tailored it to fit perfectly!!! I am so grateful to Tannaz and her team and I could not recommend them more!! Whatever wedding crisis arises, it will be great to have them in your corner!

Sent on 08/25/2018

Rebecca · Married on 08/18/2018

The. Absolute. Best. I waited until about a month before my wedding to get my dress altered. Unlike other vendors who made me feel guilty about my procrastination and said that there would be rush fees, Tannaz at Nazemi Bridal was so positive and flexible. I was able to make the three appointments at times convenient with my busy work schedule. Going into the studio always put me in a great mood. Their work on my entirely beaded dress was amazing. They brought up the hem, brought in the waist, removed cap sleeves, and added a unique bustle. I never felt like they were trying to up-sell me, and it was always evident that they had my best interests at heart. Tannaz gave me honest advice - explaining why I didn't need additional alterations that I thought were necessary. She also gave me great style advice on which shoes worked best. I ordered my veil last-minute from Nazemi, and without giving them any direction, they produced the absolute perfect veil to match my dress. Go with Nazemi for your bridal alterations. You'll rest easy at night knowing that you can trust them!

Sent on 10/07/2018

Lauren · Married on 07/13/2018

Beautiful, meticulous work performed on my intricate lace top and satin skirt. The atelier even recommended that she should redo the bustle after my 2nd fitting to improve the silhouette of my gown. Very professional, friendly, and accommodating with my work schedule! Beautiful, comfortable studio in Georgetown. You really get what you pay for here!

Sent on 05/30/2018
  • Sharon

Sharon · Married on 04/28/2018

I brought my BHLDN wedding gown here to be altered and the quality of work was perfect! They listened to my concerns and opinions on what I wanted and gave advice where it was needed in relation to my gown. The final product turned out beautiful.

Sent on 05/14/2018

Alison · Married on 04/07/2018

When I bought a heavily beaded sample gown, I immediately started panicking about the difficult alterations that would be required to make it fit.

Luckily, I found Nazemi Bridal! From the second I walked into their beautiful space the Nazemi team put me at ease and assured me they could make my dress fit perfectly. And boy did they ever! I was completely blown away by how perfect the alterations were, given the intricate beading and design of my dress. They were absolutely FLAWLESS.

In addition to my wedding dress, I also had Nazemi alter a simpler dress for my rehearsal dinner, and that, too, came out great! Highly, highly recommend!

Sent on 04/26/2018

Robin · Married on 03/23/2018

Nazemi Bridal absolutely lived up to the expectations I had based oin all of the fantastic reviews!!

I'm thrilled that I chose to use Nazemi Bridal! My dress has very delicate fabric and areas of beaded detail. I was literally up every night worried that the alterations would alter the look of my dress, but with the talented seamstress at Nazemi that wasn't an issue. They were actually able to remove the embellishment, take in my dress, and reattach it without changing the look of the dress. They were able to shorten the straps, which were sheer, without damaging the fabric.

It was very easy to schedule my first appointment. After my consultation I was given a price. It was well worth every penny. I paid half up front and scheduled two additional appointments. I was never there more than about 20 minutes, and there was never more than two brides at a time. I did get to see a variety of dresses that Tannaz was working on, she is truly talented!

I feel that Nazemi Bridal is very well managed. Each time evwryone got the attention they needed. Also, the place is spotless, which is nice when you have bridal gowns dragging on the floor. I say 100% this is the place to go for your bridal alterations.

Sent on 03/04/2018