Naturally Yours Events Reviews

1 User photo

Naturally Yours Events 1

Sean Fleming · Married on 07/14/2019

Great Wedding Planning

Naturally Yours Events made our wedding planning very easy and fun! We could not have done it without Lauren and Naturally Yours. My wife and I did not have much of a vision going into the planning stages of the wedding, but Lauren helped guide us and made sure we took care of everything, even the things you do not normally think of when planning a wedding. The end result was a perfect wedding in budget with no stress the day of. We would highly recommend!

Sent on 08/11/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley W · Married on 07/12/2019

Kristen with NYE is a wedding coordinator rock star!

As we planned our wedding, we read through reviews on every vendor before picking up the phone, or emailing them for more information. NYE was hands down one of our favorite vendors - Kristen was amazing. We knew we were in good hands from the get go. She is extremely organized, professional, yet beyond friendly, and she made us feel truly special during the entire experience. They were extremely cost effective, as everything adds up ridiculously quickly for Chicago weddings - they didn't reflect the ugly grind we saw from other potential vendors as we were searching for the vendor team for our venue. We also LOVE, LOVE they are members of the Green Wedding Alliance, as we were doing our very best to be mindful of the environment, eliminate waste, etc., as we planned our big day. Last, we strongly recommend attending Wedtoberfest, even if you don't use NYE for planning, this wedding event was charming, informational, not pushy at all, and had the Chicago class and character we were searching for in our wedding planning journey. There were SO many things Kristen brought up we never would have thought of - thankfully she was on our wedding team. Even leading up to the big day, I texted her in a panic as the popcorn favor order was WAY bigger than we thought, and she responded right away, and I dropped it off at NYE so it was one less (of MANY) thing we had to worry about. I knew we were in good hands the entire time, and their location was beyond convenient. I would highly recommend NYE, and do your best to nab Kristen - she is a gem.

Sent on 08/01/2019

Kristin F · Married on 07/06/2019

Wonderful!

My partner and I used Naturally Yours for our day-of coordination. Lauren West was amazing and went above and beyond to help us have the perfect wedding day. Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a day-of coordinator! This was one of the best decisions we made while planning the wedding.

Sent on 07/11/2019

Victoria · Married on 06/28/2019

Thorough and professional

Carlene and her team worked tirelessly to help us plan our Chicago wedding from overseas. She's detail-oriented, prompt, professional, patient, and just a nice person to work with. She was super helpful with things like flowers (we knew nothing about flowers), and how the day flows. She built a detailed schedule for the day-of that helped us run on time.

On the day of, if there were any issues, I didn't know it. Everything went smoothly and she handled everything along the way.

I highly, highly recommend her!

Sent on 07/02/2019

Gabriel Swee · Married on 06/07/2019

Naturally Yours: Kristen W.

Kristen is The Best Ever! She went above and beyond at every step. She was cool and collected. She knew the ins and outs. She was always ready to help. She was supportive and still in control. She was enthusiastic, friendly, and just an overall awesome person to have in your corner. There was never a moment throughout the entire engagement where our trust wavered in Kristen. A higher rating could not exist. Kristen truly is The Best Ever!

Sent on 07/23/2019
  • Melissa

Melissa Colgan · Married on 05/25/2019

Perfect Team for my Perfect Day

Where to even begin with this glowing review. I will admit…I was initially a little put off by the cost of getting a planner(in any capacity) and had many people(family, myself) try to convince me that it was unnecessary because our reception venue had a coordinator but I just had this feeling in my gut that a Day of Planner was a must. A deep and sincere thank you to not only my gut instinct but to Kristen and Liz and the whole NYE team for being absolutely crucial to the most perfect wedding day that this girl could have asked for.

Pre-planning – I thought I was organized but holy smokes - Kristen is impeccable. From our first call to our last planning meeting Kristen was so thoughtful and patient and kind and ORGANIZED. There were so many things that I - 1. Never thought about. 2. Had thought about but had zero solutions for the problem or 3. Ideas I needed to work through with someone once my now husband had hit the “well whatever you want!” wall. I really looked forward to every meeting with Kristen and Liz because it felt like I was wedding planning with my friends. Friends who are amazing at planning weddings, have great taste and endless ideas. Kristen put together an entire spreadsheet which covered every aspect of my day which helped me focus and organize what I really needed to be done. No question was too small and I really felt that she was emotionally invested in my wedding.

Day of – We had ZERO hiccups. And if we did, they were handled and so I’ll maintain there were zero hiccups because I knew nothing! From my dancing shoes appearing right when I needed them, to 3 Italian children going from running around in circles to being entertained so seamlessly and quietly during speeches by the incredible Liz to my husband telling Kristen she needed to escort us with our photographer so that we could be back on the dance floor in under 15min! These women were amazing. My dad LOVES telling the story that he was chatting with some friends and out of nowhere Liz appeared with a much needed bottle of water. This coming from the man that was scoffing at this expenditure. I caught him hanging out in the vendor room at the end of the night telling Kristen and Liz how amazing they were and he is not easily impressed.

I truly cannot say enough great things about Kristen and Liz and NYE. They were so helpful, thoughtful and genuinely excited about my day – I am so happy I decided to work with them!

Sent on 07/05/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 05/18/2019

Must hire! The best!

My husband and I said this again and again: hiring Carlene (and NYE) was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. We went with full wedding planning, and it was the right choice for us. It's difficult to plan a wedding when you're not sure how much each potential vendor may cost, and you want to be mindful of budget. I am the type of person to endlessly research vendors and reach zero decisions (hello, recovering perfectionist!) and Carlene helped allay my fears and feel empowered to make decisions.

Not only did she help us assemble a killer team of vendors (all of whom I would recommend or book again in a heartbeat), but she also helped us stay in budget and save on many wedding-related expenses. Carlene is so detail-oriented! During all our vendor meetings, she kept everything on track and asked questions we never would have thought of. She was persistent in making sure we got everything we wanted before contracts were signed, and also proactive in making sure there was no confusion between any of the parties involved. She's smart about scheduling vendor meetings/interviews: we were able to make all our venue visits in one day, and interview all our potential photographers in one block. It made it much easier to make decisions when comparing everyone in the same block of time.

Another thing I really like about NYE is they have this awesome planning tool. If you like spreadsheets, you will LOVE this. Your budget, your vendor comparisons, your actual costs, your guest list, etc. are housed in one location. This also enables Carlene and NYE to take complete charge in the weeks leading up to the wedding so you don't have to worry about these details. I started a new job mere days before my wedding, and knowing that Carlene was handling all the internal communication for all our vendors was a huge weight off my chest.

Also, our wedding turned out so beautiful! She executed our vision perfectly, and the day of our wedding, my husband and I were able to focus on each other and our families and guests. When you're spending more than a year planning an event, you want to be able to actually enjoy it!

Hire Carlene/the NYE team. Truly, even though this may feel like yet another expense at the outset of the planning process, they will help you save your budget according to your priorities, and also help you save your sanity.

Sent on 07/03/2019

Jynell · Married on 04/06/2019

Do you want to have fun at your wedding?

If you actually want to enjoy your wedding hire them. They allowed me to really enjoy my wedding and not stress about any of the details. Just with the Day-of Coordinating service you got so much support and expertise. I can't speak high enough of what they did.

Sent on 04/09/2019

LEAH · Married on 11/03/2018

Hands down the best decision we made

We decided to hire a day of wedding coordinator after our original wedding venue closed 4 months before our date and we had to start the planning process over. We found Naturally Yours Events through a recommendation from our new venue and it is by far the best decision we made for our wedding. Lauren from NYE was outstanding. To call her a "day of coordinator" is a complete understatement. Our new venue was in a loft space so all of our vendors were outside hire and Lauren managed it all down to every tiny detail that you would never think of. She was incredible about answering all of our emails and phone calls weeks before our wedding. Planning a wedding is stressful enough and re-planning 4 months before our date could have been a nightmare but Lauren and NYE made the process so easy and our wedding day went perfectly thanks to them. We are beyond thankful for how wonderful Lauren and her team at NYE are and they are a definite most have vendor for your dream wedding!

Sent on 11/24/2018
  • Michelle

Michelle Brunetti · Married on 10/06/2018

The Best in the Midwest!

This review is 2-for-1! My husband and I hired Carlene for full planning and she organized the wedding of our dreams on 10/6/18, AND I have worked with Kristen as a fellow wedding industry professional, so I can attest to the skills of both of these women!
    Carlene is astoundingly impressive. There is nothing this woman cannot do. I was initially interested in the help of a planner to find vendors and venues when my google searching hit a wall, and Carlene did not disappoint. All of her suggestions were right on the money but she was even prepared with backups in case we didn't find anything we liked in the first round. One of the things that drew us to NYE in particular was their commitment to sustainable practices, and we were very happy to see that the vendors she recommended were too!
    Over her years of experience, Carlene has developed a very thorough method of keeping all the important details organized, and helping her clients to do the same. It was always easy to keep track of payment due dates, guest counts, style photos, and more- and this was the reason we decided to go with full planning! We were quite busy at the time so it helped enormously to have Carlene and her brilliant system helping us stay on top of things. But not only is she super organized, she's also super creative! She had some fantastic ideas for us, including what we finally chose for our "guestbook". I was never worried about things going wrong (which is almost inevitable with weddings, let's be honest) because I had complete faith in Carlene to lead the way, and she did not let us down! I don't think anything major went wrong during our wedding, but if it did I never found out about it because she's THAT GOOD.
    Coincidentally, around the same time we first met with Carlene I started working in wedding florals, so I gained a new appreciation for what planners and vendors do and how much work goes on behind the scenes. Not only did this make me value Carlene even more, BUT I ended up working with Kristen on several different weddings and let me tell you, she is a joy! Not only is her positive, cheery energy absolutely infectious, she knows how to get stuff done! And she was always prompt and thorough in all her communications, which is truly the best thing any vendor can hope for. I actually looked forward to working with her, and I really I can't think of a higher compliment for an event planner.
    I cannot recommend the ladies of NYE highly enough! They are the best!!

Sent on 07/17/2019

Kari · Married on 09/01/2018

As a former event planner (non-wedding), I couldn't imagine hiring a wedding coordinator, but Kristen at NYE was the best decision of our wedding.

I interviewed a few coordinators in the process of hiring, and Kristen was a clear choice for me. She was someone who I instantly knew had her "sh*t" together, but also someone that I wanted to be friends with after the wedding.

From the first to the last meeting, email, phone call, etc. Kristen NEVER failed to impress me... I couldn't have done it better myself. She incredibly communicative, HONEST in the BEST way, and super helpful and friendly when helping to drive any decisions. She made the big day something I'll never forget as I didn't have to worry about a thing.

You know they say that something always goes wrong - but NOTHING WENT WRONG. Not a thing - and I give all of the kudos to Kristen. She's magic!

Sent on 09/12/2018
  • Stacey

Stacey · Married on 07/20/2018

After talking with several different coordinators, we chose to hire Kristen at Naturally Yours Events as a day-of-coordinator for our wedding. She was an absolute dream to work with! From day one, Kristen was always there to answer any questions we had and offer suggestions when needed. Her responses were always prompt, extremely clear and organized, and tailored specifically to our needs. She kept us on track throughout the process.

Meeting with Kristen as our wedding date neared was always fun, relaxed, and relieving. Early on, she provided an amazing, comprehensive planning tool that we would review, fill in together, and update as changes were made. She worked with all of our vendors, so we didn’t have to worry about a thing during the chaotic weeks leading up to the big day. With Kristen, we were always on the same page and truly felt like she was our partner, and friend, in planning the wedding of our dreams. She completely understood our vision and helped put the pieces together to bring it to fruition.

On our rehearsal and actual wedding day, we were blown away with how smoothly EVERYTHING went! Kristen made sure no detail was missed and was proactive in keeping to our timeline. To be honest, we didn’t even notice she was there the majority of the time because she did everything so seamlessly behind the scenes. My husband and I were able to truly enjoy every aspect of our wedding thanks to Kristen’s coordination. We cannot recommend her enough, and if you are lucky enough to work with her, you will completely understand why!

Sent on 08/13/2018
  • kelsey

kelsey · Married on 02/10/2018

Best wedding planner for our perfect day!

We could not recommend Carlene and Naturally Yours enough! Carlene was very supportive throughout the whole process and really listened to what we wanted by recommending amazing vendors that aligned with our "vision" perfectly. The day of our wedding was a dream. Carlene made me feel calm and like I could truly relax the day of our wedding. She was so organized and everyone in our wedding party complimented our smoothly the day went. We are so happy we met Carlene. Hiring Naturally Yours is a must!

Sent on 06/24/2019

Emily · Married on 09/16/2017

Kristen and Evelyn made sure everything ran like clockwork for our wedding. Kristen was a delight to work with offering advice and insights along the way. The company's dedication to green practices and recycling was also a big draw for us. They provided helpful tidbits such as table runners and paper stands for table menus from their stock that saved us money and time. Kristen and Evelyn took some of our decorations and made sure they will be recycled as well. I'm so glad that we chose the Naturally Yours Events team for our big day.

Sent on 09/24/2017
  • I

Irene · Married on 09/10/2017

Carlene from Naturally Yours Events was the Day-of-Coordinator for our daughter's wedding and she was awesome!! She was very available to the bride and groom and also to us for any questions whether about timeline, logistics, or anything else leading up to the wedding. The planning tools were great, covering every aspect of planning and coordination. She handled coordinating all of the vendors and made everything run smoothly from makeup and first look through setup, transportation, ceremony, crowd management, first dance, speeches, and all the way through to midnight vendor strikedown. We cringe to think of what we would have done without her. As it was, the wedding was perfect and magical, everyone - bride, groom, parents, were all thrilled!

Sent on 10/09/2017

Beth · Married on 08/12/2017

We loved Carlene and Naturally Yours so much! From our first meeting I knew we would be in good hands. She is comfortable to talk to ad she really listens to what your needs and wants are as a couple. We definitely didn't do a lot of the traditional "weddingy" type things for our big day and she was really tuned to that. She was also wonderful day of and really helped us with some family dynamic-type things as well. I really don't know what I would have done without her. When I started looking at all the little things she did and how I would have never realized those things even existed, i was extra grateful we found her. When people ask how the day was I know I can say I was fully present and had the best day because of Carlene!

Sent on 01/11/2018
    Naturally Yours Events 2
  • Z

Zach · Married on 08/05/2017

We did not choose a wedding reception venue that included anything. Every piece was separate - food, booze, DJ, rentals, staffing, etc. With all the moving parts it just made sense to hire a day-of coordinator and OH MY GOSH it was the best decision we made for our wedding!! Kristen was our day-of coordinator and she put our minds at ease from the very beginning. There were so many details that we would not have noticed (at least until it was too late) that she walked us through. Her organization was spectacular and we were able to enjoy the big day with little worry knowing she was managing all the vendors and itinerary for the day. On top of all the great things NYE did throughout Kristen was also very fun to work with - just a great person. We felt like she's someone we would have invited to our wedding to have fun with if she wasn't already working. All in all we can't say enough nice things about our coordinator and NYE as a whole. Thanks!

Sent on 08/27/2017

Danielle · Married on 06/17/2017

Could not possibly recommend Kristen and Naturally Yours Events enough! We got married at Kitchen Chicago. It's a very "bare bones" space. Which, in addition to being one of the reasons we loved it, was one of the reasons it was so hard to plan a wedding around. Absolutely everything had to be brought in by us. Catering, alcohol, decor, lighting, tables...it was all up to us to find these vendors and coordinate everything with them. Which would have been an absolute nightmare without Kristen.

"Day of" coordination is really more like 2 months of coordination. Kristen was so upbeat and personable, and amazing at responding to the (several dozen) questions I had leading up to our wedding. Literally every time I was like "well how are we going to do x, y, z" Kristen would already have a solution/have talked to that vendor/had it entirely taken care of. My anxiety the week of our wedding was actually lower than it had been throughout the rest of the planning process because I knew Kristen was handling all the details and last minute coordination with vendors. She sent out detailed emails to every single vendor the week before to finalize everything and keep everyone on the same page. I know it's a wedding coordinators job to be organized and answer questions, but Kristen honestly did so much more than that. You can tell she is so invested in all of her clients and truly cares about their day going as well as if it was her own wedding. This isn't just a job for her, it's like she was born to do this. I never once got the feeling that she was just telling me something because it was easier for her, or NYE had a "relationship" with certain vendors. She really tried to see your vision and dove in with both feet to make sure it was realized. Kristen and NYE was BY FAR the best investment we made for our wedding. If you are on the fence about whether or not you need a coordinator, the answer is yes you absolutely do, and it should be NYE.

Sent on 06/19/2017

Theresa · Married on 05/28/2017

Someone had recommended that I look into a day of coordinator so I could enjoy my wedding day instead of stress about every single detail of the day. So I started reaching out to planners and received quotes but was beginning to feel frustrated that I couldn't find a day of coordinator within my budget. It was also important that I could find someone that I knew I could trust as I was planning a wedding in Chicago but live in London. I came across NYE via Yelp and reached out for a quote. I scheduled a Skype call with Carlene. As Carlene went through her services and we finally came down to the investment cost, I sighed in relief and disbelief as I couldn't believe the detailed coverage of coordination was within our budget!! We hired NYE for our day of coordinator and it has been a real pleasure to work with Lauren and Carlene. When it came down to our final walkthrough with the venue and I saw Lauren took charge communicating with my vendors and asking questions I would have not known to ask, I knew right away I had made the right decision in hiring NYE. Communication was always prompt and all the details were taken care. Our wedding day was seamless and I have NYE to thank for such an incredible wedding day. So tick one thing off your list and go ahead and hire NYE for your planning needs.

Sent on 06/04/2017

Krista · Married on 05/28/2017

I can't even begin to describe how amazing Kristen and the whole team at Naturally Yours Events is. I wish I could give Kristen six stars!!
    When I began my wedding planning, I wanted to spend as little money as possible. Cutting costs and making sure I was choosing vendors that were necessary and were price-appropriate were huge. At first, I really didn't think I needed a wedding planner, but I was so wrong. I can't imagine my wedding without Kristen, and I know my amazing day would not have been possible without her assistance and care. Kristen was like a friend throughout the entire process, and assisted me in every possible way, from offering a detailed and customizable wedding planning tool, to email and telephone assistance, and helpful checklists that ensured I didn't forget anything for the day of.

My guests had the most amazing time because of Kristen and the NYE team. I could not be grateful.

Sent on 07/06/2017

Liz · Married on 03/25/2017

We hired NYE for day of coordination and Kristen was awesome!! We clicked at the first meeting - I'm definitely a planner and our personalities meshed, and my husband loved her too! The planning tools were great, and while it was day of we had meeting starting a couple months before the wedding. She handled coordinating all of the vendors, and if something went wrong I didn't know about it. She was totally organized and was just great to work with and my husband would have paid twice what we did for keeping my stress levels in check and handling everything beautifully.

Sent on 04/29/2017

Hailey · Married on 09/24/2016

Stephanie was our day-of coordinator & we could not be more grateful for her! We didn't hire Stephanie / Naturally Yours until about 6 weeks before the wedding day after a long debate on my end regarding whether a day-of coordinator would be necessary. As soon as we hired her, I felt a huge sense of relief. She was honestly worth every penny and MORE! I can't even count how many times during those 6 weeks (and on the actual wedding day!) that my parents, the groom, & I, said "Thank goodness for Stephanie!". Stephanie helped the last 1.5 month of wedding planning run smoothly; she addressed every last detail with us so that we felt completely prepared for the wedding. Stephanie was very responsive to my countless emails and gave me such peace of mind. We appreciated her knowledge and candor when it came to last minute decision making on decorations, vender communication, timeline, etc.

On the actual wedding day, she kept everything running smoothly and kept our energetic bridal party in line. Stephanie handled every obstacle with a calm smile and kept everybody on task. After pouring so much time, energy, & money into your wedding day... you want to be able to relax & enjoy every moment! We wouldn't have been able to do so without Stephanie! We had the time of our lives thanks to her.

Sent on 09/30/2016
  • W

William · Married on 07/23/2016

We had a lot of moving parts at our wedding--outside food, homebrewed beer and wine, brought in all the supplies, table clothes, et cetera. We found room in our budget for day-of coordinating with Naturally Yours Events, and it was worth every dollar for us. Kristen was on the ball from the start (and cool/lively/fun, too), helping us through a wide but universally useful array of planning tools. This was more like "day-of-PLUS" coordinating, as we had a couple of meetings, many e-mails, and lots of time leading up to the wedding. Bottom line, Kristen helped us stay focused, check off our loooooong to-do list, and once the day came, all our ducks were in a row and we had not a care in the world--it made for a truly happy day for us and a fun party for our guests. Every single moving part moved exactly as needed. She even came to our rehearsal to make sure the Catholic wedding ceremony went smoothly--and it did. Seriously, for the solid work she provided and the ease of mind she gave us, this was the best investment we made.

Sent on 08/15/2016

Eric · Married on 07/23/2016

Carlene and her team were the absolute best to work with! My wife and I hired Naturally Yours for full planning services, which entailed everything from monthly in-person check-ins and planning meetings through the day of our wedding even beyond the last song played. Carlene was absolutely incredible at keeping us organized and helping us stick to our schedule. She immediately got to know us as a couple and was able to provide spot on recommendations and advice for all of the thousands of decisions that go into planning a modern wedding.

I can say that although every aspect of Carlene's planning services was professional, she's also super cool and brought a lot of fun to planning even in situations that would have otherwise been stressful. A torrential downpour on our wedding day led to a game-time decision to move things indoors. Carlene's calm, cool, and collected style made the adjustment not only smooth, but welcomed as our indoor setting was even more intimate and romantic.

I really can't recommend Naturally Yours enough. If you need a wedding planner, don't even bother looking further!

Sent on 01/16/2017