Natasha Shapiro Photography Reviews

18 | Rhinebeck, NY

18 Reviews for Natasha Shapiro Photography

Brian Reagan · Getting married on 05/08/2020

Absolutely amazing photographer!

Natasha and Brian are amazing photographers. Natasha was super easy to contact and stay in touch with during the months leading up to the wedding, which was great for us since we were several states away and never had to worry. They were also extremely flexible in working with us - we had booked the package that included engagement photos but asked Natasha if we could sub those out and have her photograph the rehearsal dinner instead and she had no problem with it. This led to some great pictures and we were really happy that we got to capture those moments as well.

On the day of the wedding - Natasha and Brian made it incredibly easy and smooth for us. While we were getting ready, they were out taking beautiful pictures of the venue and the parties getting ready. We finished all our party/family photos before the ceremony and then Natasha took Erica and I around the farm and set up great shots that turned out amazing and was willing to take a picture of any thoughts we had. We were able to enjoy the reception completely and not have to worry about being pulled away - though Natasha was always there if Erica and I wanted a specific picture.

We received our pictures a couple of weeks later and we were blown away by all of them. The lighting, composition, and moments they were able to capture were all perfect. The album that Natasha put together was also of great quality and really captured the highlights of our day. Overall, Natasha and Brian were absolutely amazing to work with and I couldn’t recommend them more, if you’re getting married and within their range - you should absolutely book them.

Sent on 12/04/2019

Amy Holiday · Married on 10/04/2019

Gracious, talented NY wedding photographer

Natasha shot our wedding in Windham and I couldn’t recommend her more. We had a unique situation - we wanted a mix of getting ready, couple and family shots - in advance of our ceremony and are so glad we found Natasha. Leading up to the day, she was warm, accommodating and very interested in understanding our vision and flexing towards it. Other photographers we considered seemed stuffy or cookie cutter-y, but Natasha seemed genuinely interested in what we wanted and making that possible. We also weren’t a major event but she treated us so graciously and generously. The day of, she managed to slip right into our family and the venue, capturing big moments and tiny scenes that I’m so grateful she caught. She was fun to work with, putting all of us at ease and controlling the group with warmth and humor (and efficiency, which is important too). And last, the photos she took are amazing. Highly recommend - for her work and artistry, ability to capture people and moments that matter and for her wonderful and gracious way of working with clients.

Sent on 10/21/2019

Natasha Shapiro Photography's reply:

Thank you for such a kind review, Amy! Your whole family was so welcoming and warm when I arrived and your day couldn't have been more perfect! Especially with all those fall leaves and quirky details at the Airbnb! I can't thank you and Nathan enough!
  • Karen

Karen · Married on 09/21/2019

Incredible photos, delightful people

My husband and I worked with Natasha and Brian for our engagement and wedding shoots. They were a total joy to work with, and take stunning photos. Neither of us are very comfortable in front of a camera, but during the engagement shoot Natasha made us feel relaxed and un-self-conscious, and the photos came out natural and lovely. Having both of them at the wedding was fantastic, we're really happy that we now have multiple angles of the ceremony. They have a great eye for special, unplanned, moments, and captured so many that we did not get to witness ourselves. Also they are both amazing, genuine people, and getting to hang out with them was definitely a highlight of the whole wedding process. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 11/14/2019

Natasha Shapiro Photography's reply:

Ahhhhh! Thank you so much, Karen! Hanging with you and Casey was a blast, plus those cookies you gave away as your favors were to die for. We're so grateful for such a sweet review!
  • Jessica

Jessica Croce · Married on 09/07/2019

Calm beauty

Natasha is a literal gem. My husband and I are not photo people. We do not take photos of each other, so the idea of hiring a photographer was a little daunting. Natasha was a no brainer after we met her. She is completely easing going and makes you feel comfortable in front of the camera. We really wanted candid shots and I feel like that is where she excels. She keeps you on schedule but is never pushy which is kinda amazing when you think about it!

Sent on 10/08/2019

Natasha Shapiro Photography's reply:

Jess + Axel, thank you for being so kind to Brian and I! We had such a blast with your family (especially your sweet dad!) and are so thankful to have been able to enjoy your wedding with you! You guys knew you had me when I swooned over your botanical garden choice for your engagement too haha.
  • Gisele

Gisele Patrice Doucet · Married on 06/17/2019

Simply the best! (better than all the rest~)

I found Natasha months ago because she did the photos of a friend's wedding and I was instantly in love. I had her do a small engagement shoot in October for us and those came out so spectacularly that there was no doubt she would be the one used for my wedding.

Natasha is professional yet personable. We clicked instantly. It's like having a buddy taking your pictures for you. You know she knows what she's doing, but you'll also have good conversation while she's at it. She somehow knows exactly when to step in and when to just let things happen. She's dedicated as hell - she drove 7 hours upstate for my wedding, with zero issues. The pictures came out so beautifully that it brought me to tears. I have given her name to anyone who has asked me about her because she deserves all the press I can manage to give her. I know that whenever I might need a professional photog, she's going to be the only one I consider. I can not recommend her highly enough.

Sent on 08/02/2019

Lucy Leard · Married on 05/24/2019

Perfection

Absolutely amazing! Natasha was available for all my questions, big and small. She was positive and reassuring in every milestone. Having such a small wedding I was worried I wouldn't get that dream album and I was so wrong. Her attention to detail, design eye and passion for her work is apparent. It is obvious that Natasha loves LOVE and helped create a memory we will keep forever

Sent on 09/04/2019

Natasha Shapiro Photography's reply:

Thank you SOOOOO much, Lucy! We had such an awesome time bouncing around Dumbo with you guys and I'm so glad you loved your photos so much.

Allison Emmet · Married on 05/18/2019

Best Wedding Photographer!

(May 18th Wedding - Owls Hoot Barn): I highly recommend Natasha Shapiro for wedding photography! She is an absolute GEM. Right from our first conversation, I could tell that she has a very calm, cool, and professional personality, which I honestly cannot stress enough is so important on the big day. Aside from her beautiful photos, this was something that really stood out to me as what set her apart from other photographers I had looked into. We also had an engagement session included in our package, which was great for getting to know her and her second shooter, Brian, ahead of time and getting a sense of what to expect all around. Natasha and Brian felt like 2 friends there on our wedding day, and blended in seamlessly with our guests and bridal party as they captured all of the big moments! Aesthetically, her photography style fit perfectly with our rustic venue and outdoor ceremony. The pictures came out so beautifully, (the lighting in particular was exactly what I was looking for), and we both felt that she and Brian really captured the feeling of the day and all of the character of the small but special moments. I would absolutely work with Natasha again, and definitely recommend her to anyone looking for someone to shoot their wedding!

Sent on 07/28/2019

Natasha Shapiro Photography's reply:

Thank you Allison! We had such a blast at your wedding! I'm still dreaming of that pizza from your cocktail hour too.
  • Amanda

Amanda Revette · Married on 02/09/2019

Lucky to find Natasha

I wish Natasha could just follow us around and capture all the special moments in our life!

We got married in Big Indian,NY in February with a super short 4 month engagement in between ( because, why wait?) and were so lucky to have found and landed Natasha!( I literally crossed my fingers when I sent the initial email because I loved her work so much) I was looking for someone a little different than your typical wedding photographer and someone super chill that my (now)husband and I would get along with...TADAAAA! Natasha Shapiro FOR THE WIN!

From our first email with Natasha, we knew she was going to be awesome and totally did not disappoint. Our engagement photos were honestly the best Ive ever seen and I was told that by basically everyone that saw them. We initially had planned to just take the photos in a park nearby our home in NJ, but it rained so Natasha had a us choose another date we were free and we had her suggest some places in NYC. We ended up choosing The Highline on a gorgeous BRIGHT sunny morning in December. We hate taking pictures, but Natasha made it painless and was super patient. She really captured us, in our own special silly way.

Natasha and Brian totally killed the wedding day( good kill). They were on top of all the pictures we needed to take and even brought a cool hanger for my dress picture( I totally didn't think about it!) Natasha made sure I had water to sip because my mouth was getting so dry from taking pictures before the ceremony AND she carried my lip gloss around all day/night. Not to mention, it was FREEZING outside and Natasha and Brian both championed through the cold so that we could have our gorgeous outdoor photos that we wanted! They also tracked down our Florist who was around the property decorating to get our bouquets on time for pictures.

We were so lucky Natasha was our photographer and we have such awesome pictures to remember the most amazing weekend of our lives!...Plus the super awesome bonus engagement shoot ;-)

Sent on 03/05/2019

Rebekah Jantzi · Married on 10/19/2018

So easy to work with!

I'd like to start by mentioning that I had won my photo shoot with Natasha and therefore she made no money off of her time or skills. With that being said, this women went above and beyond and treated us no different than a paying client. Natasha had suggested a mountain top sunrise shoot. My significant other and I were both a bit skeptical but ended up being beyond happy with the results. Natasha drove through the night to meet us in the Adirondacks, an hour or so before sunrise so we could hike a mountain in the dark during the northern New York fall. In other words it was about 35 degrees. Yikes. I had never done a photo shoot before and was incredibly stiff and uncomfortable. Thank goodness I was working with a professional that coached both my boyfriend and I and by looking at the pictures you'd think we had done this many times. The pictures turned out beautiful and natural with some posed pictures that didn't look at all posed and some super adorable candids. And did I mention Natasha did all of this on only a few hours of sleep? All in all, I was incredibly impressed with not only her skills as a photographer but also her drive to work with her clients and give them more than what they had expected. Thank you Natasha! We will most definitely be using your services again in the future!

Sent on 11/30/2018

Natasha Shapiro Photography's reply:

Thank you so so much, you guys! I had such a blast at your engagement shoot and wedding! Can’t wait for you to get your photos!

Melba · Married on 09/08/2018

Natasha is such an amazingly talented photographer/artist/person. My fiance and I were sure that we made complete fools of ourselves and looked completely awkward during our engagement and wedding photoshoots but once we received our photos we were shocked at how beautiful they turned out. She quite literally captured the essence of our love. We look forward to working with her in the future for every and any event that we'll need photos for. She is perfection!

Sent on 09/18/2018

Natasha Shapiro Photography's reply:

Thank you thank you thank you! I'm never going to stop posting the photos of you guys! I can't believe how perfect everything came out. Can't wait to do photos of you and your future little ones! (;

Cristi Marino · Married on 06/09/2018

Amazing Wedding Photographer!

My husband and I live near NYC, but planned our wedding to take place on the shores of Lake George, where I’ve spent summers since childhood. We knew that setting everything up over a distance would make it all a little trickier. Finding a photographer could’ve been frustrating, but we were fortunate enough to stumble across Natasha’s website. It turned out that she was happy to make the trip upstate to shoot our wedding, and was so easy to work with and accommodating that it really made taking our photos a pleasure. Even my husband, who hates having his picture taken, was thrilled with how amazing they turned out. We can’t recommend Natasha highly enough!

Sent on 10/16/2018

Natasha Shapiro Photography's reply:

Thank you so so much for taking the time to write such a sweet review, Cristi! You guys had such a gorgeous day and I'm so happy that we got to adventure as much as we did! I'm so glad you guys love your photos so much!

Allison · Married on 05/30/2018

I am a meticulous person...it is a curse and a gift. I needed a photography who could give me more than the "average" and "predictable". The first time I had the pleasure of meeting her i knew I made a business relationship I intend to keep for the rest of my life! She listened to very crazy desire and wish my heart commanded, and when I asked for her opinions and suggestions as a professionalism she knew exactly the kind of look I was aiming for. I was very undecided about the location of where I wanted my photos to be. Ms. Shapiro was the one that suggested where we eventually has the shot and it came out better than I expected. Her ability to work with my busy schedule was very appreciated, as my work schedule can be very unpredictable! She was of course and naturally very punctual, extremely prepared with every thing a professional shot should need. With her exquisite attention to detail I felt SO comfortable getting in front of the lens. ( Besides the usual selfie I am not one to take a lot of phots of myself.) She was able to catch all the emotion and strength I envisioned while also catching those raw candid moments that can not simply be posed or planned. My photos were delivered to me virtually immediately and I almost cried when I saw them. These pictures will grace my parents photo albums, be the center piece of my grandparents shrine decided to their grandchildren's milestones, and will truly be a fantastic way to remember such an important day and time in my life. Whenever I think photography in the future she will be the one allowed to take photos of the most precious and special times in my life!

Sent on 09/03/2018

Chelsea · Married on 05/12/2018

Natasha captured our day perfectly! She also took all the stress out of planning and made sure we got shots with all the important people in our life. Thank you, Natasha & Brian!

Sent on 08/24/2018

Natasha Shapiro Photography's reply:

Thank you Chelsea! You and Nick were an absolute DREAM and I couldn't wait to edit all of your photos!

Kevin Ruano · Married on 05/05/2018

The photographer you want on the wedding day !

I’ve been working beside Natasha for 4+ years and every second has been a pleasure! Her creativity exceeds any expectations, if you have any idea Natasha is the one to help it come to life. On your wedding day she will soar around capturing all your prescious moments and won’t hesitate to take control when needed. She’s will be the light that’s you look to on your wedding day!

Sent on 11/18/2018

Meg · Married on 03/24/2018

I emailed Natasha after one of my best friends used her for her elopement photos and instantly thought she was the sweetest person ever. We are over the moon for the photos Natasha took for us. They are whimsical and romantic while still capturing our silly side and the icing on the cake is she even got photos of us with our dogs!! We are so happy. Thank you so much!

Sent on 08/29/2018

Natasha Shapiro Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Meg!!! I could cry looking at all the photos of you guys with your dog! Can't wait for your family session soon!

Ellie · Married on 08/26/2017

From the start, she was accommodating and responsive. The lighting was difficult to shoot, but she managed to capture the day beautifully!

Sent on 08/22/2018

Natasha Shapiro Photography's reply:

Your wedding was so intimate and lovely, Ellie! It was such a pleasure to meet you and Eric. Because of you I always hope that couples have a wedding pie instead of a cake now!

Samantha · Married on 07/15/2017

I interviewed quite a few photographers for my wedding and Natasha immediately stood out in our initial conversations. She was the only photographer who was not only talented, but also had a very positive, calming energy. I really needed that on my big day!

My makeup appointment fell behind schedule and without asking, Natasha assured me that she could improvise and ended up producing the most beautiful shots of my bridal party. All the shots were stunning--she made me look like I wasn't a bridezilla! Having her there was like having an extra maid of honor, so grateful I found her when I did.

Sent on 08/28/2018

Natasha Shapiro Photography's reply:

Thank you so so much, Samantha! You and Nate were so SO much fun and I'm so glad that you guys love your photos! I'm still dreaming about the peaches from your favor baskets!