Nassau Inn Reviews

Nassau Inn 1
Nassau Inn 2
Nassau Inn 3

Patrick · Married on 08/02/2014

We loved working with Melissa and her team at the Nassau Inn. The event was wonderful, all of the staff were top-notch, and everyone who stayed at the Inn loved the accommodations and easy access to downtown Princeton restaurants, shopping and the gorgeous University campus.

Sent on 04/10/2015

Nassau Inn's reply:

Thank you Patrick, We are so glad you your guests enjoyed themselves. Princeton is gorgeous in the summer, hopefully we will see you soon. Congratulations on your marriage!

Sarah · Married on 05/17/2014

There aren’t enough words to praise the Nassau Inn!
    Our wedding was all we could dream of and more.We knew we wanted a location between NYC and Philly, with historic charm, places to stay nearby, great photo opportunities, and of course great food! We saw the Nassau Inn and fell in love. We chose the Palmer Room for it’s more intimate feel, allowing us to celebrate with just our nearest & dearest (about 80 people), & it was just what we were going for. The bonus was getting the lobby space up there as well as use of the patio right in front of the Inn’s iconic red door. The food is stellar (as is the cake they get through their affiliated baker), & the staff is fantastic. We worked with Marianne & right from the beginning we knew it would be a great experience. She was responsive & patient with all our questions (even the weird ones), always made sure we will comfortable with the planning process and willing to help in any way possible. Marianne also helped us so much with ideas for little personal touches we wanted to incorporate but weren’t sure how. Marianne became not just our catering manager, but a friend. Jaime helped us with our room block and was wonderful as well! She made sure we understood the room policies, accommodated some strange family concerns, & we had beautiful suite for the night of the wedding (and as the bridal suite the morning of). As mentioned, the food is great! Unlike many couples we actually got to enjoy our meals. The whole catering staff that night was fantastic. We got to enjoy our food and our reception because we knew there was nothing else for us to worry about: it had all been taken care of. None of our guests had a single complaint the whole evening! In fact they said it was one of the best weddings they’d ever been to, and one family member even admitted we may have set a bar. We didn’t set out to, all we wanted was to have a wedding that was uniquely us, & that’s exactly what we got – all thanks to the Nassau Inn & its staff.

Sent on 07/28/2014

We LOVED having our wedding at the Nassau Inn. The setting itself created ambiance as it was right in the center of town. We worked with Keir and Jamie for our hotel rooms and both were very helpful and friendly.
    We dropped off a ton of things from the escort cards to table numbers and favors and everything was set up exactly as we wanted. We had a short time in between photos and going to the reception and Keir had them bring up drinks and a plate of hors d'evours to our room which was great because we were starving. Our complimentary bridal suite was very nice.
    We ended up with 150 people and it fit the room perfectly for seating and the dance floor.

Sent on 09/05/2013

Berenice · Married on 08/03/2013

If I could give more than score of 5 I would! Keir DeFonzo and Marianne Bilski were the most helpful and organized! Everything went extremely smooth and I never had to think once about what was needed for the cocktail hour or reception because Keir and Marriane had everything under control. I am so thankful that we chose the Nassau Inn for our wedding!

Sent on 11/17/2013

We had our reception at the Nassau Inn, and it was absolutely beautiful and perfect. I worked primarily with Marianne Bilski, and she could not have been more helpful and fun to work with. She was incredibly responsive to emails, and really helped us personalize our event.

The venue itself is beautiful. The ballroom was recently renovated, and is gorgeous. Marianne and her team did a fabulous job working with our florist and band to set the room up, and we literally did not have to do a thing :)

We had someone on site the entire night to take care of any needs or issues (which there were incredibly few), and the night could not have gone more smoothly. The food was delicious, the timing of the night was flawless, and I would not hesitate to hold another event at the Nassau Inn.

Sent on 08/06/2013

My wedding was absolutely beautiful, I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day! I wouldn't change a think about the whole weekend from rehearsal to our morning after the wedding breakfast! Keir and the rest of the Nassau Inn staff were wonderful and so accommodating. Keir made everything about our wedding day run smoothly and made sure I was relaxed and worry free, she's the best! The Nassau Inn is such a beautiful place in the heart of Princeton, I can't wait to see our pictures!

Sent on 07/19/2013

Lisa · Married on 06/15/2013

Thank you Nassau Inn for a wonderful wedding ceremony and reception. Marianne Bilski was a pleasure to work with and pulled everything off perfectly! I cannot think of a single thing that could have been improved. All aspects, big and small were pulled off with style and grace. I recall getting a little wobbly a few weeks before the wedding and calling Marianne. I asked her who would be responsible for various details and she said "Lisa, that is why we're are here....we have it all covered and all you have to worry about is enjoying your day!" She was right! I have checked back with our gusts and the agree the venue was beautiful, the food bountiful and delicious and the service was excellent.

Thanks Nassau Inn

Sent on 07/02/2013
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 05/26/2013

I had my reception at the Nassau Inn. It was a great choice, and I'm very happy I chose them. Keir, Jerry, and Jaime were a wonderful team to work with. From the first meeting to the end of our reception, they offered exceptional service. I was overall very pleased with the value--our reasonably priced package came with a one night stay in a bridal suite, 8 choices of passed hors d'oeuvres for the cocktail hour, a five course dinner, wedding cake from one of the top bakers in the region (Chez Alice), AND most importantly, open bar! All the staff were extremely professional and courteous and were responsive and flexible, especially since I made a lot of last minute changes to the room block and wanted to incorporate some unique details into our reception, like a traditional Chinese tea ceremony and a slide show to accompany my first dance. They worked seamlessly with all the other vendors I brought onto the site, and didn't blink when I requested to add an extra hour to the reception towards the end of the night. Our maitre d', Jerry, deserves extra props for managing my non-English speaking parents and in-laws. I received many compliments on how beautiful this venue was and how great the food was. I'm only disappointed that I didn't get to taste more of it!

Sent on 07/28/2013

Eric · Married on 09/15/2012

We truly loved this venue. Marianne with Nassau Inn was extremely professional and friendly, and she helped us every step of the way. The food was very good and presented well. The hotel itself is historic and beautiful, with a ton of charm.

Highly recommend!

Sent on 12/20/2013

Michele · Married on 09/25/2010

My husband and I loved having our wedding in such a quaint, historic hotel. The location was phenomenal as everything was in walking distance to town, but more importantly, the value and service was top notch. Marianne Bilski couldn't have made our planning process any easier. She was always available and quick to respond with questions we had, she was very personable, knowledgeable and reliable. All of the hotel services were terrific. The food was outstanding and the cost fair in comparison to other local venues considering what they included in their packages. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for quality, professionalism and value without hesitation.

Sent on 10/05/2010

Michelle · Married on 11/07/2009

I cannot say enough great things about the Nassau Inn. I had the pleasure of working with Marianne Bilski who went above and beyond in making our wedding day truly the best day of our lives. Marianne was always available to answer questions and give guidance - and most importantly, she really made me feel special. The rest of the staff at the Inn also worked incredibly hard to keep our guests happy and keep things running smoothly. The Inn itself is beautiful, the location is fantastic, and the value is excellent. I would recommend holding any event there - you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 12/01/2009

Rachel · Married on 10/31/2009

The Nassau Inn was a real surprise for us. We had looked at it sort of as an after thought, but now I can't imagine having had the wedding anywhere else. Everything was included (Rental fee, food, tables, linens, and even the amazing cake from Chez Alice Bakery). It was very reasonably priced compared to other venues in the area. The food was great. The staff is so professional, especially Jerry, who I cannot say enough about. He took over our wedding a week and a half before the date because the rep that had been helping us was let go. At first, I was in a panic, but he really came through. By the time the wedding day rolled around I felt completely comfortable trusting him with every detail. We had the entire wedding there....rehearsal dinner, ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. I would not have had it any other way. All of the feedback from our guests has been extraordinarily positive. Everyone had a great time, loved the food, and the cake, and the Nassau Inn.

Oh, and it's cheaper than almost everything else in the area. We had talked to Grounds for Sculpture & Rats, Cranbury Inn, Mercer Oaks, Mountain Lakes House and the Princeton Marriott. We had also looked at info on Forsgate Country Club. The Nassau Inn gave us everything we wanted, and it was very affordable. The best part is that our guests got to spend the day in downtown Princeton before the wedding, which of course is priceless.

Sent on 11/12/2009

Bracken · Married on 12/27/2008

Our wedding with the Nassau Inn was beautiful and amazing. They provided us with the main room for the reception, as well as a large room next to it for the cocktail hour. Everything was included in the price for guests - room, a plated meal, open bar at the reception and cocktail hour, as well as the cake. It made planning so much easier to know that the Nassau Inn was taking care of the whole evening.

Marianne was our main contact and she was excellent. She always responded to email quickly, and always seemed to have the right answer for our concerns. She was flexible and helpful and made planning easy. She worked well with all our vendors, answering questions, and getting them into the site early in the day.

The food was excellent. Our guests chose a plated meal before the event, and everyone enjoyed the food. Even the vegetarian option was great. There was plenty of food, the catering staff was helpful and courteous, and the whole evening flowed very well. Plus, the cake from Chez Alice that is included is the best cake I've ever had.

I would highly recommend the Nassau Inn to anyone looking for an all-included package for a beautiful wedding.

Sent on 01/14/2009

Stephanie · Married on 06/07/2008

We can't wait to go back here for our first anniversary! The service was A+, and the Inn is phenomenally gorgeous!

Sent on 07/08/2008

pui · Married on 04/26/2008

I only have good things to say about Nassau Inn. The venue is located in downtown Princeton, which is very easy to get to. The inn is a built upon a historical building and there isn't a lot of decorating needed.
    We didn't want to spend a lot of time on planning the wedding but still want to have a elegant event. Nassau Inn made that possible for us. We contacted Marianne in February 08 if it's possible to have a wedding by the end of April. She got back to right away and everything moved so quickly.
    On the day, everything was taken care of. Barkley and Sean was with us all night making sure everything is taken care of. All in all, we cannot be happier. It was so easy we couldn't believe it.
    Also.. the food is EXCELLENT.

Sent on 07/03/2008

Lili · Married on 05/14/2016

Melissa was the absolute best! She took a lot of time with helping us make our day absolutely perfect. It was a bit on the pricey side, but I'm so happy we went over budget to get the inn. It was completely wonderful from start to finish.

Sent on 08/22/2016

Diana · Married on 10/09/2010

We chose the Nassau Inn because of the close location to our church in Pennington, and because of the historic architecture. I worked with Marianne, the Catering Manager, throughout my entire planning. During this time, she was very PATIENT and ACCOMMODATING to my vision and needs. Even though my wedding was small, 40 people including bride and groom, Marianne never made us feel as though we were not as important. The service was HIGH QUALITY and STRESSLESS.

On the day of our wedding, 10-9-10, we, and the guests, were blown away with how the staff organized my vision. They worked very well with the florist and other vendors to create the warm family atmosphere we wanted. When I arrived, the videographer told me that I am going to love the look of the dining room. I believed him, because the reception area looked great. We chose the Palmer Room, which was naturally decorated with reds, browns, and warm lighting. The guests loved this area of the inn. It is perfect for the bride who is having a Fall or Winter (Christmas) wedding.

The hors d'oeuvres, appetizers, drinks, and cake were EXQUISITE. Our only complaint was the entree, as it did not taste like what we had for the tasting. It was not horrible, just not to our liking. Of course this one flaw will not stop us from recommending it. Overall, everyone enjoyed and filled up on everything else, so by the time it came to the entree, my husband and I were already full. I was also saving room for the cake. The cake was GREAT and YUMMY. Chez Alice made the cake for their venue. We had the Frasier and Mango Mousse....mmmmm...could eat some right now. We saved the top tier for our one year anniversary, so guess I can wait, or go into Princeton to buy a slice....mmmmm...

Overall, I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND, the Nassau INN.

Sent on 11/13/2010

Marybeth · Married on 12/16/2006

The Nassau Inn made our day sooo special. We had nothing to worry about - NOTHING! Peter was with us the whole night and he made sure everything ran smoothly. The wait staff was sweet, professional, and personal. They made sure our guests were happy - which wasn't hard to do. The room was GORGEOUS! It was decorating perfectly for Christmas. The food was as good as it was on our tasting. EVERYONE said how wonderful of a time they had. Definitely look into the Nassau Inn - ESPECIALLY if you are looking into a holiday wedding.

Sent on 12/04/2007

Suzanne · Married on 04/09/2016

Don't hesitate, they were wonderful. Melissa Dill did a fantastic job of running the entire event. The ONE and only issue we had, which was rather minor, was a member of the waitstaff who was not willing to handle a request of one of our guests. I think it was a request for extra something (gravy?) and the waitress said "there isn't any more". There was another request at that table and she said it wasn't possible. Another waiter did ultimately fulfill the request, so it clearly was possible. But again this was COMPLETELY minor and I had not one complaint about the entire affair. All of our guests had a wonderful time, and every vendor to which we were referred did a great job. Highly recommend!

Sent on 08/02/2016
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 10/05/2013

I am so glad I chose to have my wedding reception at the Nassau Inn. My wedding coordinator was Keir Weinberg who is the best. She was so easy to work with. She immediately gave me her email address and said to contact her with any questions or concerns at anytime and I completely took advantage. My Mom, Dad and I would contact her with requests non-stop, and she always got back to us right away and made sure we were happy with the way things were going. She kept me so organized with her reminders and it was obvious she loves what she does.

On the actual wedding day everything ran so smoothly. The venue was set-up exactly how I wanted, the food was delicious and anytime I needed something Keir or another employee was at my side in seconds. It was honestly the perfect Princeton wedding and if I could do it all over again, I wouldn't change a thing.

Sent on 01/23/2014
  • Meredyth

Meredyth · Married on 01/08/2011

Marianne and Kier were great, everyone said the food tasted really good, we loved our wedding and the planning process was low stress. Nassau Inn looked beautiful in the snow, and the fireplace added a great touch of wintertime warmth. Thank you to the entire wait staff as well!!

Sent on 01/20/2011
  • DanaKaras

Dana · Married on 10/11/2008

Everyone was wonderful from start to finish. I worked exclusively with Marianne, who was responsive to my many inquiries and e-mails and remained patient even when I know I was asking outrageous questions. She was extremely professional throughout the process. I also have to give kudos to Flore, who waited on me both at our rehearsal dinner and during the reception. She made sure I was taken care of on both evenings and even helped me take off my shoes at the end of the evening. She was just amazing. I am so grateful to them for making my dream wedding a reality.

Sent on 10/28/2008

Amanda · Married on 07/20/2007

Barkley Cordell, the catering manager, was always quite responsive, honest, and willing to make any changes we wanted. Everything went smoothly on the wedding day, and the staff was always professional. We felt truly like a king and queen for the night!

Sent on 04/05/2008

bridget · Married on 04/30/2015

Thank you for helping us to throw the wedding of our dreams. It was a great night and we owe it all to the Nassau Inn staff.

Sent on 10/02/2017

kim · Married on 07/30/2004

This site was just what we wanted! We did have some issues with our original assigned coordinator quitting and getting misinformation as a result, but the Nassau Inn made it all work in the end. Marianne was SO patient and Anthony (our event coordinator for the night) was AMAZING and kept everything running smoothly - if anything went wrong that day, I didn't know about it!

Sent on 10/29/2008