Nassau Inn Reviews

54 | Princeton, NJ

54 Reviews for Nassau Inn

Allison · Married on 12/01/2018

Perfect Wedding Reception Venue!

We hosted our wedding reception at the Nassau inn last December and 100+ of our guests stayed at the Inn. The venue itself was a perfect setting; quant, charming, and picturesque, especially with all the holiday decorations setup in Palmer Square. Melissa served as our venue event coordinator, and was in constant contact with us throughout the process. Melissa excludes enthusiasm and her tenure with the Inn has made her an expert at coordinating events within the spaces that the inn has to offer. We had so much fun ironing the details of our wedding weekend with her. Aside from the reception, Melissa also helped us facilitate a Friday night welcome party in the tap room, and a post wedding brunch - if we asked, she made it happen. During the events, Nicole and the event team catered to us and our guests consistently to make sure everyone had what they needed. Everything ran on time, and was setup perfectly, just as it was originally relayed to us. Jaime and Stephanie were our point people in rooms blocks, and in accommodating our family and friends comfortably at the inn. They were both so easy to work with, and were so responsive. Given that the inn is the only hotel in town, we were pleased to be able to have nearly all of our out of town guests accommodated at the hotel. We were so well cared for the entire weekend, as were our guests; from the bellhop, to the front desk personnel to the servers, the entire staff was so lovely and outstanding. We love the Nassau inn and plan to celebrate our anniversaries there in the future!

Sent on 01/19/2019

Natalie Evans · Married on 09/15/2018

Amazing Wedding and Wedding Planning Experience with Nassau Inn

We scheduled 6 venue visits in one day in Mercer County, NJ (Princeton and the surrounding towns). At the time, we were on the fence about having a big wedding or something more intimate. Nassau Inn immediately stood out for its location and convenience. Guests would have all of downtown Princeton and the university in walking distance which was important for the many people we had arrive by train from NYC. We also loved how guests would be able to go from their hotel rooms, to the ceremony, to the reception, to bed without leaving the building. My whole family also clicked pretty quickly with Melissa, their event manager.

Despite this, we remained undecided for several months on what to do. Throughout that time, none of the other venues that we toured follow up with me via phone/email. Melissa continued to check in to see what support she could provide. It made me feel like our business was valued and that we would be taken care of throughout the process which definitely came to fruition. Thanks to Melissa’s follow ups, the Nassau Inn stayed in our heads and we ultimately decided to have about a 60 person wedding in their Palmer room (the upstairs, smaller area). We loved the character of the cocktail space with a large fireplace, wood beams and their iconic red door. I must admit, I was a little reluctant about the packages to start and the cookie cutter décor. Inundated with Pinterest wedding images, it seems like every detail needed to be the perfect custom representation of our us and our wedding theme. I am so glad that I didn’t let this influence my decision. I can’t imagine how overwhelming it would have been to pick every single detail. The Nassau Inn was able to provide a foundation that was time tested and proven to work that we could build off of and spend our energy on the things that were most important to us.

Throughout the planning process, Melissa was always available to answer all of our questions. We went with many of the vendors on their recommendation and were grateful for the relationships they already had with the Nassau Inn. This made finding the few vendors we needed (flowers, DJ, hair and make up, photographer, cake) much more stress free. We worked closely with the front desk as well on our room block and they were incredibly responsive and accommodating. The tasting was a great opportunity to talk through the whole event with Melissa and pick the menu. We were really excited about the options the featured local vendors such as the cheese plate from Olsson’s and the volume and quality of what was included in the packages. I should add that by the time we finally decided to have our wedding at the Nassau Inn, we had about 6 months to plan this before the date we selected! This was definitely a reasonable amount of time given the supports that the Nassau Inn has in place.

The wedding itself was absolutely perfect! The care and attention the entire Nassau Inn staff put into our event was unbelievable. A tiny example that demonstrates this is that we had provided framed photos to serve as décor. During the cocktail hour, the staff had set this up on the sills under the window but once the reception started, I noticed they moved these to the now empty table where the name cards had been and lit candles around them. It was such a small detail that they definitely didn’t have to do or weren’t told to do but did have enough of an impact for me (and my mom) to notice. Overall the day ran incredibly smooth and every guest had a fantastic time. Many of my extended family who can be quite critical said it was the best wedding they had ever attended. My now mother in law said it was completely perfect. I think this is because the ambiance of the Nassau Inn made the wedding feel so special and intimate and the service was top notch. I am most sad that the wedding is over because I don’t have a reason to talk to Melissa anymore. I couldn’t recommend the Nassau Inn more for any couple. You will save yourself time, stress, money and end up with an amazing event.

Sent on 12/12/2018

David · Married on 08/11/2018

Great Rehearsal Dinner Venue

The Nassau Inn served as a great venue for our rehearsal dinner and post-wedding brunch, and the primary wedding hotel block for our guests. We highly recommend it for these functions. Melissa Dill did a great job communicating with us about the rehearsal dinner and brunch, and was very accommodating with our requests. Stephanie Nichols was excellent at putting together our wedding hotel block, and was very responsive. We really appreciated how convenient it was for our guests to be able to easily walk around downtown Princeton and to our wedding.

Sent on 02/18/2019

Anita · Married on 06/16/2018

My husband and I cannot thank the team at Nassau Inn enough for the beautiful wedding we had!

We knew we wanted to get married in Princeton, and Nassau Inn’s location was perfect, right in the middle of downtown Princeton. The venue itself is lovely, and our guests loved its class and charm.

We also wanted a place with top-notch food, and Nassau Inn did not disappoint. Our guests still rave about the food, two months later.

Service was excellent. The staff was so accommodating with one-off requests and went above and beyond expectations, which was deeply appreciated!

As far as planning went, the team made it as easy as could be, which was an extra plus, since I was wedding planning long-distance while in grad school. We worked with Jamie Wolf during the bulk of the planning process and with Melissa Dill on the day-of. Both were such a pleasure to work with!

Thank you, thank you, thank you to Jamie, Melissa, and the rest of the team at Nassau Inn!

Sent on 08/27/2018

Taylor · Married on 04/21/2018

Our wedding at the Nassau Inn was a complete dream. Melissa and her staff were beyond professional and did everything they could to make our day perfect. From the initial tour, to the tastings, to assisting with guest rooms, and finally to the most perfect day we could ask for - the staff at the Nassau was amazing. The food was beyond delicious and there were plenty of options to fit all dietary needs. Would highly recommend over and over again!

Sent on 09/19/2018

Jamie · Married on 10/28/2017

Nassau Inn is a great place to hold your wedding reception. We had a great winter wonderland wedding which looked so pretty with all the decor and elegance! The food is fresh and there is plenty of room to accommodate guests so they don't have to travel!

Sent on 02/09/2018

Emily · Married on 08/18/2017

Our Nassau Inn wedding went off without a hitch and was wonderful! Our coordinator Jamie, guided us through every step and made sure we were satisfied with all our options . I would highly recommend Nassau Inn for your weddding!

Sent on 10/02/2017

Bridget · Married on 06/30/2017

My wife and I got married on Friday June 30, 2017 at the Inn! I can't say enough about Melissa Dill and her staff at the Nassau Inn! It was a true fairytale wedding from the ceremony on the back outdoor terrace to the reception in the Prince William ballroom! The accommodations were amazing as well for our guests to stay overnight!! My guests can't stop talking about how amazing all the food was! The service was phenomenal from Melissa to Natasha and all the bartenders and waiters and waitresses! We can not thank you enough for making our vision truly come to life! Go see the Inn! You will not be dissapointed!

Sent on 07/08/2017

Claire · Married on 06/17/2017

We had our reception and post-wedding brunch at the The Nassau Inn, and their team did a fantastic job making sure we were taken care of from the time we first contacted them through the end of our event. Melissa Dill and her team are true professionals! She was so responsive to our questions and helpfully guided us through the planning process while allowing us the freedom to create the event we envisioned. Throughout the wedding weekend, the staff anticipated our needs and we didn't have to worry about a thing! We got so many compliments from our guests on the food and the hotel and event staff. I wish we could do it all again!

Sent on 08/06/2017

Dana · Married on 06/09/2017

We got married on 6/9/17. The wedding was perfect from start to finish. Melissa Dill worked with us for over a year to make sure everything went smoothly and was easy to coordinate. We got married on the Terrace, had cocktail hour in the Senior Room, and had the reception in the Ballroom. The food was amazing, the staff was absolutely amazing, and all of our guests complimented us throughout. We had a breakfast there the morning after and the food and service was absolutely amazing. The venue is in a great location for the guests. There are tons of restaurants and attractions for people staying there. The rooms in the Inn are very nice. The vendors they recommended were great. All in all, the wedding was perfect and I can't thank them enough for making our special day so perfect and memorable.

Sent on 06/23/2017

Teresa · Married on 01/14/2017

The staff were so incredibly helpful and patient. They answered all of my questions and were very flexible no matter what obstacle I threw at them. The venue was beautiful, the rooms at the inn were really nice, and they made my wedding day stress-free. I didn't have to worry about a thing because they were on top of things before I could even think of it.

All of my guests enjoyed themselves and Nassau Inn was a perfect ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception location. And my guests loved the Taproom!

Sent on 02/01/2017
  • brieliz

brielle · Married on 01/07/2017

I am so happy that I chose the Nassau Inn for my venue for my January wedding. I was looking for a romantic, elegant feel for my winter wedding and the Nassau Inn delivered. Jaime was so helpful during the whole process. She responded to all my emails in a timely manner, even months before the reception. Scheduling the tasting was easy and a great experience (and the food was delicious!). My entire vision for the event, down to the tablecloths, was communicated and Jaime and the others delivered perfectly. The discount for winter & non-Saturday weddings made it a great deal. The Nassau Inn coordinates parking in the local garages so guests don't have to figure out anything. It was very easy to add a coat check or anything else you may need for the day. We also organized a breakfast the next day for our wedding VIPs and everything went so smooth. We dropped off all of our decorations, favors, guestbook etc a few days before and it was all set up exactly how we wanted. The whole day was coordinated so the DJ, florist and photo/video knew where to go and I didn't have to worry about a thing. I highly recommend the Nassau Inn if you are looking for an elegant and romantic venue in a downtown atmosphere.

Sent on 03/10/2017

Kuen-Ting · Married on 11/26/2016

Overall, our experiences at Nassau Inn is quite good. They not only help every details of our wedding banquet but also remind & provide us extra helps of the preparation works (without any charge) that we did not think of at the beginning. We are quite glad that we can have Nassau Inn to take care of our wedding!

Sent on 12/06/2016

Mansi · Married on 06/25/2016

Working with the Nassau Inn was absolutely incredible. I think the best way to describe the team here is that they are true event professionals - from the sales/contracting process to the planning to the execution, the team has done and seen it all and knows exactly how to make your wedding flawless. I am very organized and type A, and each time I asked them a question, they were two steps ahead of me. On the day of the wedding, my mom and I were worried about nothing because we knew the staff had it all covered. We worked with Jaime Wolf throughout the planning process and Melissa Dill was our day-of coordinator. Both of them are fun and warm but know how to get stuff done, which I totally appreciate. We had our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception all at the Inn, which made it super simple. An added bonus is that most of our guests stayed at the hotel, so the venue felt like a hive of activity all weekend. We have received nothing but wonderful feedback about the wedding, and I know it was in large parts due to the level of organization and experience of this team. Thank you for everything!!

Sent on 07/10/2016

Rachel · Married on 04/16/2016

Our wedding at the Nassau Inn was absolutely fantastic. Our guests loved that the entire event was in the same location - the ceremony, reception, after party, accommodations, and morning after brunch were all in the same place - right there in beautiful, historic downtown Princeton. We got married outside, and strangers along the street literally lined up to watch me walk down the aisle and cheer. Melissa and Jamie were fantastic - extremely responsive and accommodating. They paid careful attention to all our requests and were willing to work with us to make our night perfect. I cannot think of one thing I would have done differently. Thank you so much to the wonderful staff at the Nassau Inn!

Sent on 07/24/2016

Georgina · Married on 11/12/2015

We just had our gorgeous wedding ceremony and reception at the Nassau Inn of Princeton. I had VERY specific requests and they made them all happen flawlessly. The food was delicious, the service was the best I've ever seen and the rooms were decorated 100% the way I envisioned them! The ceremony room was like a fairy tale! Thank you so much for truly caring for your brides :)
    Love,
    Georgina

Sent on 11/17/2015

Ali · Married on 06/06/2015

The Nassau Inn is an incredibly conveniently located venue with tons of historical charm and elegance! We had a wonderful experience with our June wedding at the Nassau Inn! Planning was seamless and easy and working with Jaime was an absolute pleasure. Both the ceremony and reception went flawlessly and the food was great! We had our ceremony outside on the terrace, and our reception in the Prince William Ballroom. We had our cocktail hour on the 2nd floor lounge, which is has a very historic / charming feel to it. Additionally, it was so convenient for all of our guests as most of them stayed at the Nassau Inn. It was great having everything in one place. The Nassau Inn is in within walking distance from the Princeton train station. It was also just so much less stressful having everything in one place to not have to deal with rentals, outside caterers, etc.

Sent on 07/11/2015

Tara · Married on 04/04/2015

The Nassau Inn was the perfect location for our wedding. Just the right amount of rustic elegance. Their wedding coordinator Melissa was fantastic and handled all of my ridiculous requests!

Sent on 04/23/2015

Nassau Inn's reply:

Tara, thank you for taking the time to write these kind words. It was a pleasure working with you please stop in and say hello next time your in town!

We hosted a wedding ceremony and reception for about 100 people at the Nassau Inn on Valentine's Day. The entire experience was perfect. The event was absolutely perfect - service, food, décor were perfect - every detail that we had specified was taken care of, and the food, service and setting were outstanding. Our interaction with the Nassau Inn staff was also perfect; everyone we dealt with on the staff was extremely accommodating and attentive to our needs and requests. We have hosted two other wedding events in the past 2 years, and the Nassau Inn was by far the easiest and most enjoyable for ourselves and our guests. I wish we had more events to plan in the future!

Sent on 04/18/2015

Nassau Inn's reply:

Thank you for your kind words. It was an honor to work on your wedding reception with you! Your personal touches made for a beautiful wedding we would love to see photos if you have them!

Excellent venue, excellent service, excellent food, and excellent accommodations.

We cannot say enough about Melissa Dill who was absolutely the best from the early planning stages to the last bite of cake. Melissa is now considered a very good friend and part of our family.

Mark and Vikki Stephan

Sent on 04/08/2015

Nassau Inn's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to review us. It was a pleasure working with you to plan your wedding! Please keep in touch and enjoy being newly weds!

Katie · event on 12/13/2014

Our wedding was our picture perfect wedding. The Nassau Inn is historical & stunning, which is why we initially chose it as our winter wedding venue. Once we started planning, we fell in love with the STAFF. They didn't miss a beat, and were super flexible with some of our "special requests". We used them for our rehearsal dinner, reception & as our hotel. Everything was done seamlessly and I never stressed about too much, because Marianne & Jamie were always there to ensure me that all was going as planned. I cannot say enough positive things about The Nassau Inn. We can't wait to spend a weekend back in the summer!

Sent on 04/08/2015

Katie,
    Thank you so much for your kind words it really was a pleasure working with you! Please let us know when you are coming back in the summer we would love to hear from you!

Keri · Married on 11/22/2014

Five stars! The Nassau Inn was the perfect choice for our wedding venue. The decor and history of the hotel make it an absolutely stunning venue. I can not say enough about the staff - they were there every step of the way to help with the process and were so personable. Jaime, Melissa and Natasha really cared about making this day special for me and all our family and friends. I highly recommend the Nassau Inn for all of your events.

Sent on 04/15/2015

Nassau Inn's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Keri, it was an honor working your wedding we hope to see you in the future!

Nassau Inn is just a perfect location & was so beautiful for all of our pictures- we were a little unique and had a brunch wedding in the Palmer room & lobby 2 of the Inn. Our family and friends absolutely loved the room & outdoor patio, and the food was awesome. Who doesn't love omelet stations?? Jerry, our catering manager was awesome as well, always was there when I needed him, and decorated our ceremony in the Senior room with beautiful candles all over the fireplace- it was stunning. Much more affordable that I originally would think the Nassau inn in Princeton would be too! TY Nassau Inn!

Sent on 10/28/2014

Patrick · Married on 08/02/2014

We loved working with Melissa and her team at the Nassau Inn. The event was wonderful, all of the staff were top-notch, and everyone who stayed at the Inn loved the accommodations and easy access to downtown Princeton restaurants, shopping and the gorgeous University campus.

Sent on 04/10/2015

Nassau Inn's reply:

Thank you Patrick, We are so glad you your guests enjoyed themselves. Princeton is gorgeous in the summer, hopefully we will see you soon. Congratulations on your marriage!