My's Bridalterations Reviews

222 | Bristow, VA

222 Reviews for My's Bridalterations

Michaela R · Getting married on 04/11/2022

Small, Personal Studio with an EXPERT!

My is a true expert at wedding dress alterations! She gave me such a personal experience in her lovely studio, and solved all the problems to make my gown fit me! I am so happy with how she filled in the too-deep V-neck with flowers from the hem of the skirt - I was not sure how this would work but she pinned up a potential solution while I was right there so I could give input on it, and it looks seamless! I am completely satisfied with the way it fits and her creative solution.

Sent on 10/31/2020

caitlin · Getting married on 11/06/2021

5 out of 5 Stars

I would recommend My's Bridalterations to anyone who needs any altering for their big event. My is so professional and precise with her work. I really enjoyed working with her throughout the alteration process.

Sent on 05/08/2019

My's Bridalterations's reply:

Congratulations, Caitlin!! Thank you so much for setting a side your time to write us great review! My--
  • Jessica

Jessica Taylor · Getting married on 11/05/2021

Highly recommend!!!

My did such a wonderful job on my wedding dress! The fitting was absolutely perfect!!

Sent on 10/29/2020
  • Alina

Alina Schütz · Getting married on 09/12/2021

Overall wonderful

I am truly thankful, that I found Amy’s Bridal alterations. And am more than happy with the job she did on my dress! I will definitely come back for future changes.

Sent on 11/06/2020
  • Lauren

Lauren Fenwick · Getting married on 02/10/2021

Wedding Dress Alterations

I highly recommend My for your alterations. I had a few weird alterations that needed to be taken care of for my wedding dress (like removing some of the bone of the dress) and My altered it flawlessly. She is very calm, showed my sister how to bustle my dress, made sure my dress fit perfectly on the day of my wedding, and I was able to pick up my dress in a more than reasonable time frame.

Sent on 12/31/2019

My's Bridalterations's reply:

Thank you Lauren for your compliments and kind words! We are so thankful because we are always reminded of learn, live, and luck--we had the honor of teaching your family to learn how to bustle and handle your dress, we got to live out your experience with you in creating the vision for your gown while getting it done on time , and we had the luck of meeting and working with you! All that's left is love--and we wish you all the love in life in your journey ahead!

Karen · Married on 12/05/2020

My is the BEST!

I use her for ALL of my alterations! She recently did my Mother of the Groom dress, rehearsal dinner dress as well as my future daughter in laws wedding dress. She’s great to work with and does an excellent job!

Sent on 11/12/2020

Holli Gould · Married on 11/22/2020

We had a great experience with My!

My was super! She hemmed and made a bustle for my dress. She also adjusted my back which had pearls on it and did a wonderful job!

• Diz

Dana Anaman · Married on 11/21/2020

Amazing craftmanship

My is an amazing seamstress. She was patient and thorough in explaining what options were for my dress. She was dedicated to making sure my dress fit properly and hugged me in all the right places. I felt 100% confident with her adjusting my dress. She even made me a gorgeous mask using the lace from my wedding dress. Since I'm a covid bride, I am planning on her altering it again for my future reception. I highly recommend My.

Alicia White · Married on 11/14/2020

May’s Alterations

My was very professional. Her shop is so cute and pleasant to be in. She did an amazing job in helping me make the right decisions for my dress! Absolutely recommend her :)

Sent on 11/01/2020
  • Ashley

Ashley Sara Ireland · Married on 11/07/2020

Fit like a glove

My did an amazing job with my dress! It fit like a glove! She was very patient with me even when I missed an appointment. I would also recommend the awesome facemasks she sells in her store. They are definitely the comfiest and best fitting that I have bought so far.

Sent on 12/01/2020

Courtney · Married on 10/31/2020

Great experience, my dress had a lot of work to do and it’s perfect!

Great experience, my dress had a lot of work to do and it’s perfect!

Eilish Sumner · Married on 10/25/2020

Exceptional

My’s was so amazingly helpful in getting my wedding dress ready. She was very flexible with my odd schedule and was able to make my dress into exactly what I dreamed it could be! The alteration for the bustle was pure magic! Thank you so much!

Sent on 11/04/2020

Amanda · Married on 10/18/2020

My is wonderful and altered my bridesmaid dress. I will definitely go to her for my own wedding

Sent on 09/05/2017

My's Bridalterations's reply:

Thank you so much, Amanda!
  • Lauren

Lauren Rule · Married on 10/17/2020

Perfection!

I found My through another bride (and friend). My is so talented and made some very quick and beautiful alterations to my dress, including sewing in a little something from my mother-in-laws dress. She did such a great job with my dress and my friends! I'm a little skeptical of alterations (what if something goes wrong?!) but My was so great! I highly highly recommend!

Sent on 10/20/2020
  • Emily

Emily Baxter · Married on 10/17/2020

Incredible eye for details

My dress was ordered online and was not a try on and go dress. I was so nervous because I fell in love with my dress in pictures then felt no spark when I tried it on. I found My on WeddingWire and she eased any and all hesitations I had. In 10 mins, she had pinned my dress and I could see the beginning of life being breathed into it. I had three fitting appointments total and each time, My over anticipated what my concerns would be by already addressing them. In total, she took the dress in 2.5 sizes, added cups, reconstructed the lace front, and hemmed it. My has an incredible eye to see the potential in each gown. I am so thankful to her for helping make my day extra beautiful.

Sent on 10/23/2020
  • Lesley

Lesley · Married on 10/10/2020

Wonderful experience

My was absolutely wonderful to work with! My dress was so intricate with many beads and buttons. We also bought my dress of the rack with it being 3 sizes too big. My is so talented and made the dress look like it was made just for me. She was so easy to work with and is the sweetest soul. I would highly recommend My to anyone. She made me feel like a beautiful bride on my wedding day and for that I am forever grateful to her. Thank you, My.

Sent on 10/15/2020

Heather King · Married on 10/10/2020

Amazing Work

Highly recommend. My dress had many designs I was afraid to have altered, but she made it look as though the dress came that way.

Sent on 10/30/2020
  • Chelsie

Chelsie Blackiston · Married on 10/10/2020

My does great work!

I had the best experience with My! A friend recommended her and when I went for my first fitting I was so impressed by how knowledgeable she is. She is truly an expert in her field. My dress fit perfectly for my big day!

Sent on 11/01/2020

Christy Coffey · Married on 10/03/2020

Awesome Experience!

Amazing. My was so kind and did a beautiful job. She made me a custom veil with my mother’s wedding dress and it was more than I could have asked for. Would make the 3 hour drive to get to her any way. Definitely would recommend!

Sent on 10/29/2020
  • Laura

Laura Wojtalewicz · Married on 09/19/2020

Excellent!

Very responsive with any questions and setting up appointments. She knew I was coming from a distance so during the try on she made quick alterations so I didn’t have to drive back again.

Sent on 11/14/2020
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 09/12/2020

My Made My Franken-Dress a Reality!

I found this unique skirt with gold applique inside/ white satin outside and knew I wanted to base my dress around it. I bought a second dress to become the top, and was hoping My could bring it all together in what I began calling my "Franken Dress". I've got a post where I documented the journey of its creation (https://www.weddingwire.com/wedding-forums/franken-dress/22d7731ed1337425.html).
    She connected the two dresses and tailored the new creation to my frame, and removed the zipper back to put in a corset (*highly recommend this*). When we entered the COVID times, we began masking for our fitting meetings and there were no others in the shop at the same time. I really appreciated that.
    Her price was extremely reasonable, and all in all I was able to make my perfect dress for under $1,000! Thank you so much!

Sent on 09/14/2020

Diana Aquino · Married on 09/12/2020

x Wedding dress alterations

I emailed them to to make an appointment, got a response within a day. She made the dress to my fit, and a few alterations i wanted. I was ecstatic with the job done. Loved my dress.

Sent on 11/09/2020
  • Veronica

Veronica Thomas · Married on 07/25/2020

My is a joy to work with!

My has altered many bridesmaid dresses for me in the past, so when it was time to get my wedding dress altered, she was the obvious choice! My is very polite and professional, and was able to complete my alterations in a timely manner. I initially thought my satin dress would be an easy fix, but quickly learned that the details that were required would be a very intricate task. My took it on graciously and did not worry! There is no task too large for her, and I knew that I was in good hands. My was also able to add a French bustle onto my dress which was perfect!

Not only is she a very qualified seamstress, she is also very flexible with scheduling. My was able to switch things around so that one of my bridesmaids could get her alterations done at the same time as me. For that, I am truly grateful and will continue to recommend her to my friends! Thank you My! :)

Sent on 08/29/2020
  • Sam

Sam Kolpien · Married on 07/11/2020

My's is the best!!

I had a great experience with My's Bridalterations! My dress came in just 2 months before my wedding, so I was very worried that I wouldn't be able to get it altered in time. I did research on what my options were in the area prior to choosing My's because I wanted good quality work at a reasonable price . Communication with My was so easy and she was always very responsive. She has time slots that can fit any schedule (like that of a teacher working during a global pandemic) and she's very flexible if you need to change anything. I felt very comfortable telling My exactly what I wanted and she was honest in what she thought was best. She had my alterations done in a month and at a price that is very reasonable as far as wedding alterations go. I would absolutely recommend My to other brides and I will be visiting her for any other alterations that I need in the future!

Sent on 10/30/2020