My West Michigan Wedding Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

• Laura
    Laura B. Getting married on 02/07/2022

Highly Recommend

Pastor Tom made it a point to get to know us in order to give our wedding a personal touch. He took the stress out of planning so that we could actually enjoy the ceremony and focus on our vows. Tom is a talented speaker and a very caring person- even taking the time to make sure that we filled out the marriage license properly! We highly recommend him!
    Tyler G. Getting married on 12/03/2021

Highly Organized, Highly Recommended

Tom made planning a wedding in the middle of the COVID-19 pandemic feel easy and comfortable by being thoughtful, professional, and organized.

His well thought out online form was particularly useful in allowing us to envision the wedding we wanted. We were able to breath an even bigger sign of relief and get even more excited about our married life together because of the simple and well organized processes that Tom followed.

Highly recommended!
  • Denise
    Denise G. Getting married on 12/01/2021

Tom Exceeded our Expectations

Tom set a very lovely tone for our elopement. He was very responsive to our questions and requests. My husband and I commented on how professional yet fun he made our wedding. Tom comes highly recommended.
  • Renee
    Renee M. Getting married on 10/01/2021

Highly recommend

Pastor Tom was very accommodating on a short notice for our intimate wedding. He suggested a beautiful venue and was very clear about what to do before, during and after the ceremony. He was reasonable in pricing and custom made our ceremony regardless of our beliefs. Overall, he was a pleasure to work with, he made us feel comfortable and at ease on such a whirlwind of a day!
    Kacee S. Married on 09/08/2021

Amazing!

Tom was absolutely incredible. My husband and I did no rehearsal for the ceremony what-so-ever and Tom made it flow so effortlessly. We were able to soak in the moment with each other and because Tom is so great at what he does- we were able to completely relax while taking it all in. Tom added personal touches to our ceremony (ones that we did not even know that he noticed) to make it even more special for us. Tom will not let you down! We are so thankful for him, and the wonderful ceremony he made for us!
    Kelsey S. Married on 09/05/2021

Tom is an amazing wedding officiant!

We cannot say enough AMAZING things about Tom!!!! He made our wedding ceremony easy, calming, and 100% focused on us and the promises and vows we were making to each other as we start our future. He made sure to explain to us beforehand that he does not expect us to memorize or remember anything because he wanted us to focus on us and live in the moment, which really helped calm our nerves. Not only was he amazing during the ceremony, but also before wedding day he was very organized, answered all the right questions, and helped us in every and any way we needed. We cannot thank him enough!
  • Christina
    Christina P. Married on 08/28/2021

Couldn’t have asked for anything better

Meeting Tom made me decide to hire him. And he did so amazing at our wedding! Made it fun and loving at the same time! Best decision we made! If you are looking for someone to make your day memorable. I highly suggest you hire him!!
    Emma T. Married on 08/27/2021

A great guide on a personalized wedding ceremony!

Tom was the perfect mix of professional and laid back. He made sure he had all the information from us he needed to perform a beautiful ceremony, but did not want us to stress about remembering or memorizing anything. He guided us through every step, and after the wedding, my new husband and I talked about how relaxed we felt during the ceremony thanks to Tom’s guidance.
  • Danielle
    Danielle E. Married on 08/20/2021

Tom was great! Don't hesitate!

We hired Tom for ceremony coordination and officiant services. He was extremely organized and clear with all communication before and after the ceremony and met with us virtually (pre-ceremony) upon our request. He kept the ceremony short and sweet just like we asked and made it effortless for my husband and I to just enjoy and focus on each other.
  • Natalie
    Natalie W. Married on 08/15/2021

Perfect for us!

We used West Michigan Weddings, Tom Hamel, as our wedding officiant for our small Covid wedding this past October. Tom made the process of planning our ceremony super easy, stress-free, and most importantly personal to our wants/beliefs. He made our ceremony so special and meaningful. (We have even asked him to officiate our vow renewal/Post-Covid reception next year!) We highly recommend working with Tom!
    Em Married on 08/14/2021

Flawless Service

Paster Hamel is organized. His website “westmichiganwedding.com” will show this is a Highly prepared business. We received prompt replies to our questions. He was accommodating with suggestions and/or alternatives. He said what he would do; and did what he said. Our ceremony was flawless. Highly reccomend his service. August 14, 2021
    Bethany Married on 08/06/2021

Excellent experience!

Tom was an absolute joy to work with from the very beginning. For over a year and a half we exchanged emails back and forth and Tom was always quick to respond. Through all of the stresses with COVID, Tom was flexible with changing our date and time to fit our smaller more intimate gathering. Tom was able to make our ceremony very personal and was able to incorporate exactly what we wanted within our ceremony. I would recommend him to anyone looking for an officiant. Thanks Tom for the unforgettable day!
    Sarah B. Married on 07/30/2021

What an awesome officiant!!

Tom was the perfect choice for us, he was great! We received so many compliments about our ceremony and Tom's wonderful vows and messages. He did a great job at keeping it light, but also so very impactful in the words he delivered. He was also very accommodating and agreed to step in and run our rehearsal on short notice, and we are so glad that he did! We are so glad we recorded a video of our ceremony to remember the day and Tom's role in our beginning.
  • Sarah
    Sarah Married on 07/25/2021

Highly Recommend

My husband and I originally got married in a very intimate ceremony that Tom officiated right at the start of the pandemic. His formatting and process for creating the ceremony helps ease concerns or stress regarding the ceremony. When we were able to have our larger celebration we wanted to have Tom do the ceremony again, so glad we did.
  • Kelly
    Kelly Married on 07/11/2021

Absolutely organized, responsible and charismatic

We were so pleased to have Tom as our officiant on our wedding day! I arranged everything from overseas as I was only in the states a very short time before the wedding. His responses were quick and informative. The process to arrange the day and how he would present was all extremely easy and professional. On the day of, he was on time, made the ‘official business’ quick and not interrupt the beauty of the day, and his presentation was charismatic and well performed without stealing the attention away from us! I highly recommend Tom for your special day!
    Lindsay K. Married on 07/07/2021

Wonderful and experienced

Tom was amazing to work with. Quick, clear responses and helpful ideas. He made the day easy as could be. Would 100% recommend!
    Melissa B. Married on 07/03/2021

He was absolutely wonderful

Tom was wonderful! Everybody thought we knew him personally and it felt like it because he was just great! I definitely recommend him
  • Heather
    Heather H. Married on 06/12/2021

Perfect!!!!

He was perfect! Easy to get ahold of and had great energy for the wedding. His smile is so inviting.
  • Amanda
    Amanda O. Married on 05/30/2021

Everything we could imagine for our Ceremony!

We couldn’t have asked for a better Officiant/Pastor for our wedding day! Tom Hamel mentioned a few times before our big day to relax and be in the moment. That’s exactly what happened! My husband and I are so happy that we chose Tom to be part of our big day. Also, our family and friends couldn’t stop sharing on how beautiful and meaningful our ceremony was.
  • Miranda
    Miranda S. Married on 05/27/2021

Excellent!

Quick to respond to us, very flexible and informative. When filling out the application, if we were confused on anything, we could either look at the foot notes that popped up on the side or email. Any last minute clarification he came to me to make sure everything is how I wanted it before we started. The ceremony went beautifully, my mom would even go as far to say it was magical. He was very professional, relaxed, and spoken clearly for everyone to hear. When signing the documents he gave an understanding explanation as to where to sign for each person and when he would send out the licenses. He made everything easy and go smoothly. We appreciate all of the services he did and we would highly recommend him!
  • Kim
    Kim H. Married on 05/02/2021

Highly Recommend!

Tom was wonderful to work with for our ceremony! He walked us through the whole thing before the ceremony started and made sure we were comfortable and not nervous about having to memorize anything we were supposed to do or say. He even incorporated a lot of our unique love story. He prompted us the whole way through the ceremony with everything we had gone over ahead of time and held our vow print-outs for us until it was time for us to read them.

I will never forget the moment when I reached the end of the aisle. My dad gave me a hug, shook my then fiance’s hand, and then Tom had to tease my fiancé as he, out of habit, reached to hug and kiss me. Tom humorously told him “No, you can’t kiss her yet”! It was such a sweet and funny moment that everyone loved!

I would highly recommend Tom for your ceremony! He will work with you to make the ceremony exactly what you are wanting, at any level of religious or non-religious. And a portion of his fee is actually a donation to 20 Liters, a Grand Rapids organization committed to providing water filtration for families in Rwanda without clean drinking water, so you are helping others with your special day, too.
  • Katie
    Katie C. Married on 05/01/2021

The Best Ceremony We Could've Asked For

Tom is probably the most organized and professional human I've ever worked with. He was always responsive and guided us through our wedding process from start to finish. As a bride, I really appreciated that he took all pressure off of us and said he would take care of everything - and that he did. He learned our story and delivered a funny and light, yet emotional ceremony for us. We received a TON of compliments on the ceremony! THANK YOU, TOM!
    Scott S. Married on 04/08/2021

Highly recommend

We were trying to avoid The Justice of The Peace and have a quick cheap wedding. He asked exactly what we wanted and did a great job. I cant recommend him enough.
    Denise L. Married on 04/02/2021

Tom Hamel Officiant

My husband and I couldn’t of been more happy with our officiant Tom Hamel. He was very professional and great at communicating prior to the wedding and gave us a checklist prior to the wedding to go over details of what we wanted our wedding day to look like. Although this was great, we were most impressed with his engaging personality and ability to reassure us that everything would go well and he would direct us through every step, which he did. Even our guest commented on how much they enjoyed Tom. We highly recommend him.