My Wedding Violinist Reviews

21 | Chesapeake, VA

21 Reviews for My Wedding Violinist

Mei · Married on 04/23/2018

Could not have asked for a better experience working with Steven. He was so very easy to work with, so talented, and flexible. I really am glad that I had him as part of my wedding day. I would recommend him to anyone for any event!

Dallas · Married on 08/27/2016

This guy is INCREDIBLE. Don't even think about this - If you want a violinist, book him immediately. He was responsive and professional and super flexible and great - He played songs that normally incorporate several string instruments and didn't skip a beat. His planning meeting where you all get to know eachother and you get to map out the specific songs is so important to making sure you're getting exactly what you want. Highly recommend!!!!

Sent on 09/16/2016

My Wedding Violinist's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind review! It was an absolutely joy and pleasure to met you and perform for your ceremony! I wish you both the very best!!

We were from out of town so we did all our communicating over phone and email, he always answered any emails back in a timely manner. We had a beach wedding and I was afraid our guest would be able to hear. He had a microphone that he was able to hide in our arch and all our guest could hear. His music was absolutely beautiful, very crisp and clear. You can tell he has a passion for his music. If were ever in town and need music to be played we will defiantly call him again.

Sent on 07/08/2016

My Wedding Violinist's reply:

Hey there! Thank you so much for your review! It was a true honor and privilege to perform for your ceremony! Congratulations and best of luck to you both!! MWV

Liz · Married on 10/10/2015

Steve is amazing! He played for our ceremony and our cocktail hour. He did a fabulous job and everyone loved what he played and how he moved around throughout the cocktail hour. We received so many compliments after the wedding about how great he was. He is organized, prompt, very professional and SO talented. Steve plays beautifully and has so many songs in his repertoire. He was extremely patient with us when we were trying to decide on what to play during the ceremony and had several suggestions that fit right in line with what we envisioned. He is a joy to work with and is so helpful (even with things outside the scope of music!). I'd hire him again and again and again. I can't speak highly enough of him. He is so great!

Sent on 11/12/2015

My Wedding Violinist's reply:

Thank you SO much for the opportunity to perform for your ceremony and cocktail hour! It was such a beautiful ceremony and a wonderful experience for me! Congratulation to you both! Thank you for your kind words of praise! SJC

Steve is the best! He came up for our wedding and was very patient and professional with us while we were deciding on our ceremony music. We skyped and he played a variety of tunes for us to choose from. He helped us to narrow down our choices by providing suggestions based on what we wanted, which ultimately lead to the perfect ceremony music. He gave easy cues during the ceremony and everything ran seamlessly. He even navigated windy beach conditions and the music was still heard by all.

Steve also did our uplighting, and coordinated with our DJ to put on a great show which included a customized GOBO that made the whole evening feel even more individualized and special. I would highly recommend him for any wedding!!!

Marilyn · Married on 08/08/2014

I was very pleased with Steve as a musician for a wedding. He responded promptly to my initial contact email. The contract was very straightforward and concise. He met with the bride and played various selections so she could make the final choices. Steve was punctual for the event. The performance was excellent. I would definitely recommend Steve for an event.

Jessica · Married on 05/17/2014

I highly recommend Steven. The ceremony music for my beach wedding was beautiful and we received lots of compliments. He is very professional and easy to work with.

Natalie · Married on 03/29/2014

Steven was an excellent violinist for our wedding ceremony! He had a great selection of songs, made suggestions, and was very thorough on ceremony logistics. I would definitely recommend his services!

Susan · Married on 11/09/2013

I am so happy we hired Steve with My Wedding Violinist to play for our ceremony! Many of our guests commented on how wonderful it was to have a violin playing when they arrived at the chapel. He played as guests arrived, as we all walked down the aisle, when the ceremony was over, and as all the guests were leaving. He would've played during the ceremony as well if we did not have our friend singing. When I first met with him to pick our ceremony music he was very patient and played a lot of options so we could pick exactly the songs we wanted.

Thank you so much Steve! I am so glad you were part of our wedding day! :)

Sent on 11/29/2013

My Wedding Violinist's reply:

Thank you so much! It was my pleasure! Thank you for choosing me!

Lynne & Larry · Married on 10/12/2013

Steven provided the music for our wedding, which was supposed to be on the beach but was moved indoors due to inclement weather. He showed up early and was very flexible with the location change. We had so many compliments about how great the music was! It definitely added an element of elegance to our rainy day. We would definitely recommend Steven for weddings and any other event!

Rosaline · Married on 09/28/2013

Steven was fantastic from our first contact via the internet through the wedding and beyond. He is extremely friendly, personable, accommodating and easy to work with. And so very talented. For our initial meeting, he played for about an hour for us all the while making suggestions and guiding us through the process of picking songs for our ceremony. My fiancé and I walked away feeling as though we had just attended a mini-private concert. I can't say enough good things about him! If I ever needed a violinist again or needed to make a recommendation, I would go with Steven without hesitation!

Alyssa · Married on 09/07/2013

Steven is a wonderful violinist and is so easy to work with! He agreed to play with our pianist and was flexible with times. He is so friendly and made our music planning so easy!

Christopher · Married on 10/20/2012

Steven was great to work with, professional, and put on an amazing performance for half the price of others in the area. I highly recommend him to anyone looking for a wedding or event musician.

• Brittany

Brittany · Married on 09/22/2012

He did a wonderful job! Very professional & friendly. The music he played for my ceremony was beautiful!

Lynn · Married on 02/11/2012

What an amazing job Steven did!!! The ceremony and cocktail hour he did was awesome. He will definitely make your ceremony one to remember!! Thanks so much Steven! Lynn and Wayne Burson

• Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 08/27/2011

Steven Campbell was awesome! His rates were reasonable and his performance was perfect. My guests raved all night about how good he was. The ceremony was beautiful and it would not have been the same without him there. Due to Hurricane Irene I had to change my wedding date from Saturday to Friday. Steven rearranged his schedule to perform at my wedding a day early. I'm am very thankful that I chose Steven as my wedding violinist.

ASHLEY · Married on 06/10/2011

Stephen Campbell was amazing! He was easy and professional to work with and the pricing was very reasonable. I had many compliments on my ceremony music. He definitely did an A+ job!!!

Jessica · Married on 06/05/2010

He was VERY good, didn't mess up, was very understanding, lenient, and able to work with whatever schedule I had. He was also very down-to-earth and an all-around fun guy; I had a WONDERFUL experience with him; if you are looking to have a violinist at your wedding, CHOOSE HIM, because he is definitely one of the best. =D

Stacy · Married on 04/24/2010

I wish I could have given Steven Campbell 10s for everything. He was extremely professional as well as personable. He provided a very clear, and affordable price list, as well as an easy to follow contract of everything. He was helpful with musical selections, providing a list of songs and access to his web site so I could hear his recordings of them. He also offered suggestions as to what pieces might work well for each part of the ceremony, but always said it was totally up to me. Our wedding was on a small budget and I never would have imagined I could afford to add something so elegant and unique on my budget. He truly added a magical touch to our day. So many guests commented on his playing and his wonderful personality. I am so thrilled he was a part of the day!! He truly was one of the most special touches in our wedding. I highly recommend him!

Linda · Married on 02/14/2010

I found My Wedding Violinist extremely easy to work with. He had a clear vision of the type of setting via his music that I wanted for my son's wedding. He was also flexible and willing to accommodate my every changing whim. The music was lovely and set the tone for the wedding from the very first soft notes played as the guest arrived.

Chris · Married on 07/10/2010

Mr. Campbell was absolutely worth the money spent and more. Though his forte is playing the violin he was not shy about giving advice, lending a hand, or contributing his comedic talents to the atmosphere. I'm thoroughly satisfied with not only the price but the exceptional service he provided before, during, and after the ceremony. I would highly recommend Mr. Campbell to anyone else looking for a man or musician of his many talents.

Thank you Steve for the beautiful music and adding to an already perfect occasion.

Sincerely,