Museum of Arts and Sciences Reviews

48 | Daytona Beach, FL

48 Reviews for Museum of Arts and Sciences

T. Drager · Getting married on 07/10/2022

Beautiful venue! Very unique place for a wedding.

Great experience! The museum staff, particularly Alex Middleton, were extremely helpful in planning and executing the perfect wedding day for our daughter. They delivered on every promise and the day was just perfect.

Sent on 11/04/2020

Sabrina · Getting married on 03/11/2022

Working with Freddie was absolutely amazing! We were able to email or call her anytime we had questions or concerns, and she always responded quickly. The day of our wedding she was more than amazing! She made sure everything was in place as we asked, and before we could turn around to ask about something, she was right there with an answer. She's magically! The Museum offers several amazing areas for photos and were so great in helping us achieve our dream. We choose the Train Station and it was the first every ceremony and reception done in the same location. It went off without a hitch! They have several different options to choose from to make your day special and all the staff were so helpful. Freddie was the most amazing wedding coordinator and helped our day be as wonderful as we wanted it!

Sent on 12/08/2016

Museum of Arts and Sciences's reply:

Thank you for the kind words! We loved working with you, and are so grateful we could be a part of your journey. Wishing you a lifetime of bliss!
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 12/11/2020

Perfection!

No complaints! Tori exceeded our expectations and offered so much more than just venue manager! Her timeliness, patience and support helped us tremendously! The staff was exceptional in every way!

Sent on 12/20/2020
  • Valerie

Valerie A. · Married on 10/03/2020

Beautiful place to have a wedding!

My now husband and I are so glad we chose to have our wedding at the Cici & Hyatt Brown Museum of Art! We chose the venue because we wanted to have both our ceremony and reception indoors due to unpredictable FL weather, and thought the museum was a unique and beautiful place to have a wedding. The museum is elegant and private, and includes spaces for the bridal party to get ready before the wedding. We received multiple compliments on our venue choice, and enjoyed a night we will never forget. A bonus was working with Tori the rental manager- she is friendly, very professional, and kept us updated during crazy COVID wedding planning! Choose Daytona MOAS as your venue, you won’t regret it!

Sent on 10/14/2020

Grace K. · Married on 09/12/2020

Excellent wedding venue

Wow- could not have chosen a better venue. Tori, the main event coordinator is beyond helpful, and on her A-game at all times. She is incredibly knowledgeable, flexible, and will help you build the perfect event. The museum has a variety of packages designed to fit your exact wedding needs, and are within a very reasonable budget. Tori went so far as to coordinate with all of our wedding vendors so we didn't even have to be involved in all of the planning which was just another added bonus. 10/10 would use again, and would not hesitate to recommend this outstanding service to a friend. Exceeded all expectations.

Sent on 01/22/2020
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 08/08/2020

Beautiful venue really nice staff

Loved my wedding here. It was the perfect venue! Beautiful staircase for ceremony backdrop.😍

Sent on 08/10/2020

Katherine J. · Married on 08/04/2020

Best Place to Get married at!

My husband and I had our wedding there and it was the most incredible experience ever! Tori Carta made sure that everything was perfect for us so we would not have to stress. Thank you making our wedding not only memorable for us but for our guest as well!

Sent on 04/23/2019

Keisha W. · Married on 01/11/2020

Tori is Awesome!

My wedding experience was greatly appreciated! If it wasn’t for Tori my wedding venue would’ve not been what I dreamed of. Thanks to her it was everything I’ve dreamed of. Through wedding rehearsal she was great and to the end she was the best!

Sent on 02/03/2020
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 12/31/2019

Romantic, Unique, and No Stress!!!

When we were planning our wedding, we had a few tough factors to deal with: wedding in another state from where we live, 5 months to plan it, non-religious setting, only 23 guests. The Museum of Arts and Sciences in Daytona Beach, FL ended up being more perfect than we could have ever imagined. Yes, "more perfect" is a thing, especially at MOAS.

Tori Carta with the museum was beyond helpful. She understood that we could only make a couple in-person visits before the wedding so she came to every meeting extremely prepared and was available via email or phone the entire time. She arranged to have reception wine tastings, planetarium show/ceremony options, and reception floorplans meetings on the same day for us. Her communication was impeccable, which meant no day-of or post wedding "surprises" like additional billing. She was there for my entire wedding, from dressing room prep to photos to ceremony to reception to clean up. If you have a wedding planner, great! But if you don't, do not fret if Tori is on your team. She thinks of everything!

MOAS has tons of gorgeous options throughout the museum for your ceremony and reception that can hold as little as 20 guests and up to 250. We decided to have our ceremony in the planetarium and reception in the train station of the Root Family wing of the museum. Seth Mayo works with in the planetarium and designed the most romantic, stunning, and sentimental ceremony show for us! Our wedding started with a show of the night sky on important dates like the days we were born, the day we met, our first date, and when we got engaged. As I walked down the aisle the room was illuminated by falling stars, during our ceremony there was a huge full moon behind us, and at the end there was an animation of 2 galaxies combining to represent our families coming together. All we had to do was send Seth our dates and music, and he made it the magic happen. We only had one meeting with him before the wedding (which was not what they would normally prefer) but he showed us tons of options and by the time we left we knew exactly what it was going to be. When we came for our rehearsal we just got to sit back and watch in awe basically!

The reception was in the Root Family wing of the museum so our guests got to leave the ceremony and wander through the museum while my husband and I had a moment alone to dry our tears and then take photos. The reception area was in the train station, which is a great backdrop for pictures so you really don't need any decorations (which saves you SO MUCH money and stress!). All I had to do was bring in the centerpieces and cake earlier in the day. The reception set up by the museum staff was so beautifully professional. The museum provided a projector and screen so we could do a slideshow of our family wedding photos, and as far as music goes they had all the PA stuff needed- I just plugged in my phone and done! The museum provided tables, chairs, linens, bar, bartender, cake cutting station, trash cans - everything you don't even think of they have!

We didn't know any local food or photography vendors but that was no problem. Tori gave us a full list of pre approved vendors and then her personal recommendations. The Museum also provides alcohol for you from some GREAT distributors! Not your typical Bud Lite/Miller Lite/Yuenling choices (although those are available too!) but local craft IPAs and imported stouts and tripels. Tori arranged for a wine tasting for us to pick out the wines to serve at our wedding, and we were shown over a dozen different wines that I've never seen in stores. It was so hard to pick because they were ALL INCREDIBLE!! And the pricing on their bar packages can't be beat.

I can't recommend this venue enough. Tori and Seth were not only helpful but so kind and enthusiastic that it felt like they were our friends throwing this wedding for us. Whenever I looked to them at any point during the wedding, they were smiling huge too just like our families and friends. The guests that came and the people that have seen the photos all say "this was the most memorable wedding I've ever seen" or "I didn't know you could get married in a planetarium!!" or simply "too cool!!". And from the outside it looked like a million bucks and a million hours of planning/stress. But trust me when I say this wedding was so easy, so affordable, and more perfect than we imagined.

Sent on 04/17/2019

Victor D. · Married on 11/02/2019

Greatest venue, Rental manager and Price!

My wife and I had a great experience Cici and Hyatt Brown Museum of Arts venue. Tori the rental manager/coordinator did an amazing job making our experience stress free. She was very responsive, informative, professional and involved pre and during wedding. I would highly recommend this venue to any couple getting married. The place is gorgeous and so affordable! Thanks again Tori for all your help!!

Sent on 02/29/2020
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 10/12/2019

Amazing Venue!

Tori at the CiCi and Hyatt Museum was great to work with and the museum was the perfect venue for our wedding! All of our guests were wowed by the venue and all of the art! I would HIGHLY recommend the museum for your wedding or party! You won’t be disappointed!

Sent on 10/19/2019

Elizabeth S. · Married on 10/12/2019

Beautiful and unique venue

The Cici & Hyatt Brown Museum was the perfect venue choice for our wedding! The indoor and outdoor space were the perfect size and provided a beautiful reception setting for both our outdoor cocktail hour and our formal reception inside. The rental manager Tori was incredible! She was so responsive, organized, and attentive to every detail throughout the planning process, especially considering we were planning our wedding from out of state. She was also so receptive and flexible for our last-minute changes. So many of our guests commented on how beautiful the venue was and really enjoyed getting the chance to view the art during the cocktail hour. I would definitely recommend the Museum to anyone looking for a wedding venue!

Sent on 12/10/2019
  • Angela

Angela · Married on 09/07/2019

OUR WEDDING ISN'T UNTIL SEPT 2019 BUT WE LOVE THIS VENUE. IT IS OPEN AND SPACIOUS, WHICH IS WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR.

Sent on 04/12/2018
  • Debra

Debra W. · Married on 06/15/2019

Beautiful and Elegant Venue

My daughter, her husband, my husband and I as well as our family and guests were overjoyed with the Cici and Hyatt Brown Museum of Art for our wedding reception celebration! The rental manager, Tori Carta, is an absolute sweetheart. Tori worked diligently to ensure that every detail and task was completed to make the most important day of my daughter and her husband's life perfect! It is a romantic, elegant and beautiful benue. I highly recommend it!

Sent on 08/16/2019

Joan R. · Married on 06/01/2019

Beautiful venue

It’s a beautiful venue for both the ceremony and the reception. Tori was very helpful and suggested other vendors we would need, and helped us coordinate everything for a beautiful wedding.

Sent on 06/16/2019

Chris R. · Married on 04/20/2019

Roberts Wedding

Chris and Kat Roberts
    Tori Carta was very helpful with everything regarding our beautiful wedding and helped make everything so perfect, if you need a great help and want your event to be magical call her

Sent on 05/13/2019
  • Coralys

Coralys · Married on 04/06/2019

Amazing organization, details, help, ideas, budget

They explained every detail to me. Totally open to my ideas and help me with the budget.

Matthew C. · Married on 04/06/2019

Amazing experience

We searched to have a wedding at a unique and fun venue and boy did we get it. The wedding coordinator we worked with is Tori and she was amazing to work with. We ended up passing on hiring a wedding coordinator and it worked specifically because Tori was so good at her job. The venue was fantastic and we had so much fun. We rented the planetarium for the ceremony and train platform for reception. The price was far less than what I would have expected to be honest. The feedback we heard from our guests was the same thing over and over, either "best wedding ever" or "this was the most fun wedding I have been to".

Go take a tour and see if you like the venue. The support staff at MOAS is fantastic, so if you like the place then definitely book your day.

Sent on 04/10/2019

Taylor L. · Married on 04/05/2019

Wedding at MOAS

They were extremely helpful in every step of the process. The amount of services you receive for the very minimal cost of the rental was incredible.

Sent on 05/07/2019

Andrea G. · Married on 03/23/2019

An amazing place

They helped me have my dream wedding!! Tori and Seth are so amazing!!! My guests were so amazed at the show Seth put together. I couldn't have dreamed about a better day! Thank you so much!!!

Mishka B. · Married on 03/10/2019

Wedding March 10, 2019

This is a hidden gem in Daytona beach for those of you who are looking for a wedding venue. When I tell you from the initial stage of booking to the day of event was phenomenal. Tori was my contact person/ guide for my wedding and she went over and beyond what I was expecting. She was very detail oriented and gave quite a few pointers and ideas for my wedding that I would not have thought of. She was there for the rehearsal, took charge when needed to even though we were a hand full but we got it done and I want to say Tori a big thank you!!!!!!

Makisha · Married on 08/11/2018

I recently had my wedding at the CICI and Hyatt Brown museum which is the art gallery section of the Museum of Arts and Science museum. The building is something to behold and our guests are still raving about it. I have no complaints whatsoever. Tori the venue coordinator went above and beyond to ensure that the day was perfect for my husband and I and the venue is beautiful and elegant and worth every single penny we spent there. If your looking for a unique, intimate, elegant atmosphere, this is the place to see!

Sent on 08/19/2018

Madison · Married on 05/12/2018

The Cici and Hyatt Brown Museum is very special to our family for many different reasons! It was an option for our wedding location but we were not set on the idea ,as we had never imagined getting married in a museum. The museum tells Florida history through beautiful works of art, and being a 6th generation Floridian myself and now married to the ultimate "Floridian" we fell in love with the museum emphasizing all things Florida, to her moss draped oaks and her beautiful ocean blues. Our minds were made up as soon as we met the museums event planner, Tori Carta. From the get go she was professional, all while pouring her love into our special day as if it was her own. Our family faced devastating trials and losses leading up to our wedding leaving us weary and leaning more on Tori. Tori continued to not only pour herself into our wedding but into our family . Tori stood with us through the mix of overwhelming sadness and the joy of planning a wedding . Her commitment to us and our special day is a testimony to why you should consider getting married at the museum. Our wedding was absolute perfection made by the museums artwork , architecture and the love poured into every detail.

Yours,
    Madison B.W Coston

Sent on 06/08/2018
  • Tabitha

Tabitha · Married on 03/03/2018

We got married at the MOAS March 3rd and it was AMAZING. Tori was wonderful to work with, answering any questions we had, keeping us up to date throughout the planning months, and being there every step of the way from day one of checking out the venue to day of coordinating everything to run perfectly.

We did our ceremony in the planetarium and Seth and staff were awesome. They were so passionate and accommodating with every request we had. We had a Star Wars theme and Seth went above and beyond to make our ceremony unique and fun, everyone loved it.

The museum itself is beautiful for a wedding. Our guests were able to go through the Root Family museum during cocktail hour and we got to use the entire museum grounds for wedding pictures which was great. MOAS was our dream venue and we're still getting complimented on how beautiful it was.

Sent on 03/09/2018
  • Hannah

Hannah · Married on 01/14/2018

First of all, let me just say that this wedding was planned in four months but looked like it took over a year of planning. The museum was absolutely incredible. Tori made my life so much easier and was always there to give advice, answers emails, and connect with all of our other vendors. The actual venue was beautiful and everything I had imagined. You can’t get a better space to get married than on a huge staircase surrounded by beautiful works of Florida art. Our wedding photos came out awesome because of the unique art exhibits and wonderful lighting throughout. I can not express how happy I am with our wedding being at the Museum of Arts and Sciences! It was perfect! You will love Tori and this venue!

Sent on 01/17/2018