Museum of Arts and Sciences Reviews

Museum of Arts and Sciences 3
Museum of Arts and Sciences 4
Museum of Arts and Sciences 5

Katherine Jimenez · Getting married on 08/04/2020

Best Place to Get married at!

My husband and I had our wedding there and it was the most incredible experience ever! Tori Carta made sure that everything was perfect for us so we would not have to stress. Thank you making our wedding not only memorable for us but for our guest as well!

Sent on 04/23/2019
  • Kelly

Kelly · Getting married on 12/31/2019

Romantic, Unique, and No Stress!!!

When we were planning our wedding, we had a few tough factors to deal with: wedding in another state from where we live, 5 months to plan it, non-religious setting, only 23 guests. The Museum of Arts and Sciences in Daytona Beach, FL ended up being more perfect than we could have ever imagined. Yes, "more perfect" is a thing, especially at MOAS.

Tori Carta with the museum was beyond helpful. She understood that we could only make a couple in-person visits before the wedding so she came to every meeting extremely prepared and was available via email or phone the entire time. She arranged to have reception wine tastings, planetarium show/ceremony options, and reception floorplans meetings on the same day for us. Her communication was impeccable, which meant no day-of or post wedding "surprises" like additional billing. She was there for my entire wedding, from dressing room prep to photos to ceremony to reception to clean up. If you have a wedding planner, great! But if you don't, do not fret if Tori is on your team. She thinks of everything!

MOAS has tons of gorgeous options throughout the museum for your ceremony and reception that can hold as little as 20 guests and up to 250. We decided to have our ceremony in the planetarium and reception in the train station of the Root Family wing of the museum. Seth Mayo works with in the planetarium and designed the most romantic, stunning, and sentimental ceremony show for us! Our wedding started with a show of the night sky on important dates like the days we were born, the day we met, our first date, and when we got engaged. As I walked down the aisle the room was illuminated by falling stars, during our ceremony there was a huge full moon behind us, and at the end there was an animation of 2 galaxies combining to represent our families coming together. All we had to do was send Seth our dates and music, and he made it the magic happen. We only had one meeting with him before the wedding (which was not what they would normally prefer) but he showed us tons of options and by the time we left we knew exactly what it was going to be. When we came for our rehearsal we just got to sit back and watch in awe basically!

The reception was in the Root Family wing of the museum so our guests got to leave the ceremony and wander through the museum while my husband and I had a moment alone to dry our tears and then take photos. The reception area was in the train station, which is a great backdrop for pictures so you really don't need any decorations (which saves you SO MUCH money and stress!). All I had to do was bring in the centerpieces and cake earlier in the day. The reception set up by the museum staff was so beautifully professional. The museum provided a projector and screen so we could do a slideshow of our family wedding photos, and as far as music goes they had all the PA stuff needed- I just plugged in my phone and done! The museum provided tables, chairs, linens, bar, bartender, cake cutting station, trash cans - everything you don't even think of they have!

We didn't know any local food or photography vendors but that was no problem. Tori gave us a full list of pre approved vendors and then her personal recommendations. The Museum also provides alcohol for you from some GREAT distributors! Not your typical Bud Lite/Miller Lite/Yuenling choices (although those are available too!) but local craft IPAs and imported stouts and tripels. Tori arranged for a wine tasting for us to pick out the wines to serve at our wedding, and we were shown over a dozen different wines that I've never seen in stores. It was so hard to pick because they were ALL INCREDIBLE!! And the pricing on their bar packages can't be beat.

I can't recommend this venue enough. Tori and Seth were not only helpful but so kind and enthusiastic that it felt like they were our friends throwing this wedding for us. Whenever I looked to them at any point during the wedding, they were smiling huge too just like our families and friends. The guests that came and the people that have seen the photos all say "this was the most memorable wedding I've ever seen" or "I didn't know you could get married in a planetarium!!" or simply "too cool!!". And from the outside it looked like a million bucks and a million hours of planning/stress. But trust me when I say this wedding was so easy, so affordable, and more perfect than we imagined.

Museum of Arts and Sciences 6
    Sent on 04/17/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 10/12/2019

Amazing Venue!

Tori at the CiCi and Hyatt Museum was great to work with and the museum was the perfect venue for our wedding! All of our guests were wowed by the venue and all of the art! I would HIGHLY recommend the museum for your wedding or party! You won’t be disappointed!

Museum of Arts and Sciences 15
    Museum of Arts and Sciences 16
    Museum of Arts and Sciences 17
    Museum of Arts and Sciences 18
    Museum of Arts and Sciences 19
    Sent on 10/19/2019
  • Angela

Angela · Married on 09/07/2019

OUR WEDDING ISN'T UNTIL SEPT 2019 BUT WE LOVE THIS VENUE. IT IS OPEN AND SPACIOUS, WHICH IS WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR.

Sent on 04/12/2018
  • Debra

Debra Woody · Married on 06/15/2019

Beautiful and Elegant Venue

My daughter, her husband, my husband and I as well as our family and guests were overjoyed with the Cici and Hyatt Brown Museum of Art for our wedding reception celebration! The rental manager, Tori Carta, is an absolute sweetheart. Tori worked diligently to ensure that every detail and task was completed to make the most important day of my daughter and her husband's life perfect! It is a romantic, elegant and beautiful benue. I highly recommend it!

Museum of Arts and Sciences 20
    Museum of Arts and Sciences 21
    Museum of Arts and Sciences 22
    Sent on 08/16/2019

Joan Rupprecht · Married on 06/01/2019

Beautiful venue

It’s a beautiful venue for both the ceremony and the reception. Tori was very helpful and suggested other vendors we would need, and helped us coordinate everything for a beautiful wedding.

Sent on 06/16/2019

Chris Roberts · Married on 04/20/2019

Roberts Wedding

Chris and Kat Roberts
    Tori Carta was very helpful with everything regarding our beautiful wedding and helped make everything so perfect, if you need a great help and want your event to be magical call her

Sent on 05/13/2019
  • Coralys

Coralys · Married on 04/06/2019

Amazing organization, details, help, ideas, budget

They explained every detail to me. Totally open to my ideas and help me with the budget.

Matthew Cohen · Married on 04/06/2019

Amazing experience

We searched to have a wedding at a unique and fun venue and boy did we get it. The wedding coordinator we worked with is Tori and she was amazing to work with. We ended up passing on hiring a wedding coordinator and it worked specifically because Tori was so good at her job. The venue was fantastic and we had so much fun. We rented the planetarium for the ceremony and train platform for reception. The price was far less than what I would have expected to be honest. The feedback we heard from our guests was the same thing over and over, either "best wedding ever" or "this was the most fun wedding I have been to".

Go take a tour and see if you like the venue. The support staff at MOAS is fantastic, so if you like the place then definitely book your day.

Sent on 04/10/2019

Taylor Lewis · Married on 04/05/2019

Wedding at MOAS

They were extremely helpful in every step of the process. The amount of services you receive for the very minimal cost of the rental was incredible.

Sent on 05/07/2019

Andrea Garves · Married on 03/23/2019

An amazing place

They helped me have my dream wedding!! Tori and Seth are so amazing!!! My guests were so amazed at the show Seth put together. I couldn't have dreamed about a better day! Thank you so much!!!

Mishka Bailey · Married on 03/10/2019

Wedding March 10, 2019

This is a hidden gem in Daytona beach for those of you who are looking for a wedding venue. When I tell you from the initial stage of booking to the day of event was phenomenal. Tori was my contact person/ guide for my wedding and she went over and beyond what I was expecting. She was very detail oriented and gave quite a few pointers and ideas for my wedding that I would not have thought of. She was there for the rehearsal, took charge when needed to even though we were a hand full but we got it done and I want to say Tori a big thank you!!!!!!

Museum of Arts and Sciences 23
    Museum of Arts and Sciences 24
    Museum of Arts and Sciences 25

makisha · Married on 08/11/2018

I recently had my wedding at the CICI and Hyatt Brown museum which is the art gallery section of the Museum of Arts and Science museum. The building is something to behold and our guests are still raving about it. I have no complaints whatsoever. Tori the venue coordinator went above and beyond to ensure that the day was perfect for my husband and I and the venue is beautiful and elegant and worth every single penny we spent there. If your looking for a unique, intimate, elegant atmosphere, this is the place to see!

Museum of Arts and Sciences 26
    Museum of Arts and Sciences 27
    Sent on 08/19/2018

Madison · Married on 05/12/2018

The Cici and Hyatt Brown Museum is very special to our family for many different reasons! It was an option for our wedding location but we were not set on the idea ,as we had never imagined getting married in a museum. The museum tells Florida history through beautiful works of art, and being a 6th generation Floridian myself and now married to the ultimate "Floridian" we fell in love with the museum emphasizing all things Florida, to her moss draped oaks and her beautiful ocean blues. Our minds were made up as soon as we met the museums event planner, Tori Carta. From the get go she was professional, all while pouring her love into our special day as if it was her own. Our family faced devastating trials and losses leading up to our wedding leaving us weary and leaning more on Tori. Tori continued to not only pour herself into our wedding but into our family . Tori stood with us through the mix of overwhelming sadness and the joy of planning a wedding . Her commitment to us and our special day is a testimony to why you should consider getting married at the museum. Our wedding was absolute perfection made by the museums artwork , architecture and the love poured into every detail.

Yours,

Museum of Arts and Sciences 34
    Museum of Arts and Sciences 35
    Sent on 06/08/2018

Tabitha · Married on 03/03/2018

We got married at the MOAS March 3rd and it was AMAZING. Tori was wonderful to work with, answering any questions we had, keeping us up to date throughout the planning months, and being there every step of the way from day one of checking out the venue to day of coordinating everything to run perfectly.

We did our ceremony in the planetarium and Seth and staff were awesome. They were so passionate and accommodating with every request we had. We had a Star Wars theme and Seth went above and beyond to make our ceremony unique and fun, everyone loved it.

The museum itself is beautiful for a wedding. Our guests were able to go through the Root Family museum during cocktail hour and we got to use the entire museum grounds for wedding pictures which was great. MOAS was our dream venue and we're still getting complimented on how beautiful it was.

Sent on 03/09/2018
  • Hannah

Hannah · Married on 01/14/2018

First of all, let me just say that this wedding was planned in four months but looked like it took over a year of planning. The museum was absolutely incredible. Tori made my life so much easier and was always there to give advice, answers emails, and connect with all of our other vendors. The actual venue was beautiful and everything I had imagined. You can’t get a better space to get married than on a huge staircase surrounded by beautiful works of Florida art. Our wedding photos came out awesome because of the unique art exhibits and wonderful lighting throughout. I can not express how happy I am with our wedding being at the Museum of Arts and Sciences! It was perfect! You will love Tori and this venue!

Museum of Arts and Sciences 36
    Museum of Arts and Sciences 43
    Museum of Arts and Sciences 44
    Sent on 01/17/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 01/13/2018

The whole staff was amazing at the museum and Tori was especially helpful during wedding planning. The venue was beautiful and I would recommend this place for any type of event.

Museum of Arts and Sciences 45
    Museum of Arts and Sciences 46
    Museum of Arts and Sciences 47
    Museum of Arts and Sciences 48
    Sent on 01/27/2018

Natasha · Married on 01/13/2018

It was such a pleasure to work with the staff at the Museum of Arts and Sciences. They were always available to answer all of our questions. The West Wing is where we had our wedding and for our small wedding of 65 people, it was big enough for the ceremony and the reception. They worked well with our vendors and were affordable for our budget. Our guests also had so much fun and they have so many different options to select when deciding on a location to host your wedding.

Sent on 02/03/2018
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 12/28/2017

Words truly can’t express how happy I was to have our wedding at this museum. They worked with our budget, and crazy requests and we had a beautiful time. Truly an amazing experience.

Museum of Arts and Sciences 49
    Sent on 12/31/2017

nicole · Married on 12/02/2017

MOAS was the perfect venue for us. They were affordable, quick to respond, beautiful atmosphere and wonderful staff. My wedding night was perfect. We had a wonderful ceremony in the planetarium that was customized to fit our wants. Seth and Tori went above and beyond for us. They are extremely accommodating to fit your needs. I would recommend MOAS to anyone!

Sent on 12/04/2017

Samantha · Married on 11/18/2017

Beautiful Venue

This venue was absolutely perfect for our fall wedding. We wanted to have the ceremony and the reception in the same location with plenty of parking and this facility accommodated all of our guests comfortably. The museum was already naturally beautiful so there was minimal need for additional decor except centerpieces for our reception tables. Tori was amazing to work with in regards to helping to coordinate with our vendors and communicating with us. She went above and beyond to help make sure our day went perfect. We would highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 12/01/2018

Brittany · Married on 09/30/2017

Having our wedding ceremony and reception at the Cici and Hyatt Brown Museum of Art was a wonderful experience! Tori made the planning process go very smoothly because she was extremely helpful. She readily shared her knowledge about local vendors and also decor/planning ideas for the event. We couldn't have pulled the night off without her.

The venue was gorgeous and helped to make decorating a lot easier. There are very few beautiful buildings or places to have a wedding in the Daytona Beach area, but thankfully this museum was built in time for our big day. I love the architecture and love that it helped to add to the quality and mood of our celebration.

Thank you so much for working with us! We are excited to continue visiting the museum to enjoy the paintings and also the upcoming events they have planned for the local community.

Sent on 10/09/2017

Museum of Arts and Sciences's reply:

It was an absolutely awesome evening Brittany. We are so happy for you, Justin and your family and friends. We appreciate you entrusting us to be your choice venue and we look forward to seeing you at future museum events. Best wishes always and we can't wait to see pictures!

Lyndse · Married on 09/28/2017

When deciding on a venue for our Dreams Soar: Global Flight for STEM 'Mission Accomplished' return celebration, it just made sense to work with Tori Carta and her team incorporating the 'ARTS' into our STEM program. The event went off with a bang, everyone loved the venue, Nevin, the docent, was made available for VIP tours, the catering was perfect from the amazing Chef Tom Papa, space was just what we needed and furthermore, the MOAS staff, understanding of our stressful time making this event work on such a shoestring budget, did not even blink to partner and support our effort. We also had the effects of hurricane IRMA on our vendors, yet this MOAS staff still ensured our event would not be affected. We are so grateful, pleased and more than satisfied with the service, support and collaborative team effort delivered by MOAS. I cannot wait to host a future event here!

Museum of Arts and Sciences 50
    Museum of Arts and Sciences 59
    Sent on 10/16/2017
  • F

Faith · Married on 03/25/2017

This venue was excellent and created a beautiful backdrop for our wedding day! Our guest had a wonderful time and my husband and I had a stress free day. Everyone did what was expected and the museum staff worked seamlessly with all of the other vendors to ensure a perfect day!

Sent on 04/06/2017

Sabrina · Married on 11/05/2016

Working with Freddie was absolutely amazing! We were able to email or call her anytime we had questions or concerns, and she always responded quickly. The day of our wedding she was more than amazing! She made sure everything was in place as we asked, and before we could turn around to ask about something, she was right there with an answer. She's magically! The Museum offers several amazing areas for photos and were so great in helping us achieve our dream. We choose the Train Station and it was the first every ceremony and reception done in the same location. It went off without a hitch! They have several different options to choose from to make your day special and all the staff were so helpful. Freddie was the most amazing wedding coordinator and helped our day be as wonderful as we wanted it!

Sent on 12/08/2016

Museum of Arts and Sciences's reply:

Thank you for the kind words! We loved working with you, and are so grateful we could be a part of your journey. Wishing you a lifetime of bliss!