Mulligan's Beach Catering Reviews

Mulligan's Beach Catering 5
Mulligan's Beach Catering 6
Mulligan's Beach Catering 7

Kelli · Married on 06/19/2014

We can not say enough good things about Mulligan's! We recently came home from an amazing wedding week in Corolla, NC. The weather was just perfect--every day except for our wedding day!! Our outdoor reception quickly turned into an indoor one, but it was flawless due to the fast acting team from Mulligan's. They brought table decorations that would have been ruined in from the rain (totally not part of their job), and they made our reception look as if it was planned inside all along. The food was absolutely perfect. Shannon worked with me from the very early planning stages, she listened to my preferences, and finally came up to an AWESOME menu that our guests are still talking about. We are fans for life, and will always stop in at milepost 13 on our way to or from the OBX. :)

Sent on 06/30/2014

Planning a destination wedding from several hundred miles away is stressful, to say the least! After reaching out through a message board in order to find answers to all of my questions, my inbox was immediately flooded by vendors sending me their menus and telling me how they would be perfect for my wedding day...but one stood out above all! Shannon from Mulligans actually took the time to answer all of my questions, directly linking me to websites where I could get everything I needed and even went by the venue we had in mind to check out its suitability! It was only after answering all of my questions that she let me know that she was a caterer. She asked if we needed a caterer for our reception, then took the time to ask what our vision was for the event before sending me some sample menus she had from prior events. While other caterers immediately assumed I would want a barbecue reception, she took the time to ask and adapt to fit our needs.

Prior to our event, she met with us and went over the final details, and then she and her crew arrived early enough to make sure we didn't need any help with set-up. The food was beyond amazing, and plentiful! From the seafood to perfectly cooked prime rib, our guests were thoroughly impressed! The best part was finding takeout boxes with some of all the dishes waiting for us in our room after the reception (cause we definitely needed it!) Thank you to Shannon and the whole Mulligans catering crew for making sure our reception was perfect!

Sent on 12/19/2015

Jenna · Married on 05/05/2012

Mulligans is incredible! I am so thankful I came across them in my caterer search. The price was so reasonable and the best part is the food. Every person at my wedding was raving about how amazing the food was! Shannon was so great to work with and never ever made a single thing a problem, which is so priceless when you have so much going on during planning. On the day of, her staff was so amazing. Super professional and made certain I never had to worry about a thing. I highly recommend them for catering your OBX wedding!!

Sent on 06/05/2012
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 05/18/2019

Above and beyond!

Mulligan's was amazing from the very beginning, all thanks to Robin. Robin was always quick to respond, answer questions, and basically treated us like family even the day of our wedding. Robin helped work within our budget and was still able to provide an incredible meal for us and all of our guests. With limited resources to help day-of, I asked Robin if she and her team wouldn't mind doing a few extra things, and they truly went above and beyond. The food (taco bar) was amazing and all of our guests are still raving about it! My now-husband and I were a little worried about the cost at the beginning, but it was well-worth every penny. Great team, great service.

Sent on 05/31/2019

Mulligan's Beach Catering's reply:

Thank you Amanda! I am so glad you and Garrett enjoyed everything! It truly was a beautiful day!!
    Please come and visit when you are in town again!
    All the best to you two,
    Robin Rector
  • Donna

Donna · Married on 10/15/2016

My guest loved the food and I was very pleased only for the kids menu?

Sent on 04/23/2018

Jonathan · Married on 12/16/2017

3.5

Mulligans provided excellent catering services to our dream beach wedding! Robin Rector was a delight to work with and she went above and beyond for us. She was very accommodating and flexible. When we realized that we were in need of a server for our wedding (a last minute decision), Robin provided us with one in jiffy. Not only that, but the food was absolutely incredible. Our guest couldn't stop talking about how good the food was. Overall Mulligans food services was perfect! If you ever decide to have a beach wedding at OBX, Mulligans is the place to turn to! You won't regret it!

Sent on 11/26/2017

Anna · Married on 06/29/2019

Bride and groom

Excellent food and professional service! Highly recommend for your wedding day!

Sent on 07/30/2019
  • George

George Schwartz · Married on 10/14/2018

After Wedding Breakfast

We chose Mulligans as a venue for a Sunday breakfast after our son’s wedding. The upper deck was the perfect spot to end a beautiful weekend. From the moment we met Robin at a Wedding Expo, she was helpful and gracious costumizing the menu to fit our needs. The food was delicious and the service outstanding.
    Thank you for helping us have wonderful memories of a very special event in our lives.

Sent on 11/10/2018

Alana · Married on 06/23/2017

3.0

I am the mother of the bride who wanted a destination wedding. I was very hesitant. I couldn't talk to any vendors face to face. Also, I had to pay upfront before the wedding. If you are like me...choose Mulligans for your caterer. They do a GREAT job. I am very happy with all the food and service. AND Mulligan's refunded some money because the final guest count was smaller than anticipated. Mulligan's is very trustworthy and I highly recommend them .

Sent on 07/23/2017

Gabrielle · Married on 05/02/2015

3.8
      3.5
      3.0

We had our small wedding reception on the upper deck of Mulligans Restaurant. The communication was generally good. Sometimes it took a little longer to hear back from the event coordinator. We were able to customize our drink and food menu exactly how we wanted. The price was reasonable. We were told the venue could hold up to 60 people. When we got our final guest count back we had 58 and they said that it would be a tight fit for that many people. I was a little upset about this considering they had told me it would hold 60. I could have invited less if that was the case from the start. Due to this we had to switch around our entire seating plan from the round tables to family style seating. This only bothered me because I had already bought all the décor to accommodate small round tables and I had to repurchase things to work for the very long tables instead. They were very good about accommodating us setting up the venue the morning of. The tables and chairs were already set up for us when we arrived. They let us have as much time as we needed to set up. Once the reception started it was indeed a tighter fit even with the family style seating but it worked out well. We had to move a table for the dance floor and they did it quickly and with ease. Dinner was great. We set a bar tab cap and they kept informing me when we were close to the max and we ended up increasing it a few times no problem. However, the cocktail service lacked extremely for the last 2 hours of the reception. All our guests were saying that the staff stopped coming around for drinks. My fiancé and I overall were happy with the evening but did indeed wish we got to have a few more drinks ourselves. I would recommend this venue for a guest count of around 40 people.

Sent on 05/10/2015