Mulligan's Beach Catering Reviews

Mulligan's Beach Catering 5
Mulligan's Beach Catering 6
Mulligan's Beach Catering 7

Nancy · Married on 09/25/2017

Food and service was top notch. Robin was great to work with and my guests said the meal was they best they had all week.

Sent on 10/07/2017

Mulligan's Beach Catering's reply:

Thank you Nancy for taking the time to give us a review. I hope if you are in town again you will let us cater again for you! It was a fun birthday celebration! Great meeting so many people from around the world!
    Thanks again, Robin Rector

Amie · Married on 09/03/2017

Mulligans Beach Catering was the heart and soul of our wedding celebration. We utilized their catering as well as their bartender services for our OBX destination wedding.
    First and foremost, their food was AMAZING. Many guests have told me that it was the best wedding food they have ever had (trust me I am a skeptic at heart but the massive response we got is more than enough to convince me).
    We chose a collection of items (fried green tomato stacks, spring rolls, crab dip for appetizers; seared ahi tuna, crab cakes, steak marinated in a wine reduction sauce for main courses) and everything was outstanding. I enjoyed the food at my wedding so much that I forced family members to leave me alone so that I could finish a plate and then enjoy another round of my favorites.
    The service (from our first tasting to the actual event day) was also above and beyond what I would have expected. Mulligans offered us assistance with set up, event timeline, decorations etc. They also accommodated some special requests (they brought us an outstanding cake stand to use as well as many decorations that they happened to have in their catering shed). Robin and her team were always available via phone call or e-mail and allowed us to make many changes up until the week of the wedding.
    Finally, we enjoyed spending time with the staff at our wedding. Some of them (Robin, Donny, Brian and Patrick) were such an integral part of the fun that guests talk about them whenever the wedding comes up! We would love to spend time with them all whenever we return to the OBX and we intend to visit Mulligans as much as possible (we even went back to the restaurant twice during our wedding week because we couldn't get enough of the food)!
    The bottom line is that Mulligans was SO worth the money and they honestly deserve more than we paid them. They were the best decision we made while planning our Outer Banks wedding.

Sent on 09/10/2017

Mulligan's Beach Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for taking time to give us an outstanding review. I hope when you are back on the Outer Banks you come visit us at the restaurant!

Director of Catering
    Mulligans Grille & Beach Catering
  • Kristin

Kristin · Married on 08/22/2017

The team was awesome! Robin did more than we expected. Brian the server was like a family member joking and taking care of everyone. We had a Day of Coordinator but could have done without because this team took care of everything. Mulligans made our day awesome!!!

Thanks for everything
    Greg & Kristin Grosser

Sent on 08/30/2017

Mulligan's Beach Catering's reply:

Thank you so much Kristin for taking time to give us an outstanding review!
    It was so great to meet your family members and great friends!

Kimberly · Married on 06/13/2017

Mulligan's was great, they catered our wedding off site. The food was phenomenal, the price was amazing, and the staff really out did themselves. ROBIN goes above and beyond, she even offered to help my sister in law with her baby while she was settting up!! She instantly felt like an old friend and I wouldn't have wanted anyone else there to oversee it all! You can not go wrong picking this restaurant for all of your wedding or any type of catering needs. My whole family loves every bite!

Sent on 06/21/2017

June · Married on 05/16/2017

We booked Mulligan's through our wedding planner Hatteras Island Wedding and Events (Wendi Munden). We had a destination wedding for our Daughter and guests boasted it was the best food they had ever had at a wedding. Go for the Prime Rib! We did a buffet style and the food was hot fresh and exceeded our expectations. The serving staff was also 5 star. Every single dish served was delicious. We also did a cocktail hour with h'ordourves and they make a superb hot crab dip. Do not hesitate to use for a large or small event AND call Wendi at Hatteras Island Wedding and Events for a STRESS free wedding planner.

Sent on 05/20/2017

Barry · Married on 05/13/2017

We had a fabulous rehearsal dinner at Mulligan's. Robin & the staff were excellent to work with and the food & service were outstanding. We would absolutely recommend holding your special event there.

Sent on 05/31/2017

Mulligan's Beach Catering's reply:

Thank you the Chapman's for letting us be a part of the special weekend celebration! I hope if you are in town again you will stop by to say Hello :)

Sarah · Married on 05/06/2017

Both Elizabeth and Robin were a great help throughout the wedding planning process. Both were very friendly and professional. The foot at Mulligan's was also delicious and I would recommend it to anyone traveling to the OBX or planning a wedding.

Sent on 05/16/2017

Mulligan's Beach Catering's reply:

Thank you so much Sarah! We enjoyed helping to make your special day go smoothly! Your friends and family were so fun and easy to work with!

Please stop by when ever you get down this way and say HI :)

Robin Rector and Elizabeth Chambers

Melissa · Married on 05/05/2017

Excellent overall experience...Very well organized, food was wonderful, decorations were perfect, and Service was excellent ????!! Outstanding job!!!!

Sent on 05/15/2017

Mulligan's Beach Catering's reply:

Thank you Melissa, it was a pleasure to assist with your special day!

Please stop by if you are ever in town and say HELLO :) !

Devon · Married on 04/14/2017

Mulligan's was PERFECT - Robin was so accommodating and personable, and blended right into our event. They were prompt, and the food was amazing. They left the place cleaner than it was when they got there. They cooked the food on site, in a food truck in the driveway - which meant the food was hot and fresh, but the caterers weren't in the way of any guests. I couldn't recommend this company more!

Sent on 04/17/2017

Mulligan's Beach Catering's reply:

Thank you so much Devon! I have to say you were one of the best events so far this season. No stress, everyone was so appreciative and kind, felt like you, your family and friends welcomed my staff and I will open arms.

Dani · Married on 04/02/2017

I can't say enough good things about Mulligan's! First off, for the price, which we felt was very reasonably in comparison to other OBX caterers, you won't find better seafood for your wedding. We did a huge tasting with Mulligan's and knew almost immediately that they were going to be who we chose. They put together an amazing, beachy menu for our wedding that we couldn't wait for our guests to try. And at the wedding, everyone was raving about the food.

Secondly, during the planning process, the staff at Mulligan's was incredible about answering all of my questions in a timely manner and helping me make sure everything was squared away before the big day. Even when it came down to figuring out who would provide table settings and silverware, the Mulligan's team helped keep my indecisive mind on track.

Lastly, I am a pescetarian, so I do not eat meat, and I have a few friends who were attending our wedding who follow the same diet. Mulligan's made sure to include plenty of vegetarian-friendly options that everyone would love, and they were great about making sure my husband and I had all the food we wanted at our sweetheart table during the reception.

Overall I'm very happy that we decided to have Mulligan's cater our wedding! I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for great food at a great price for their wedding.

Sent on 04/30/2017

Caroline · Married on 01/28/2017

We really struggled to find a good caterer within our budget. we got overpriced quotes from multiple restaurants. Mulligan's Elizabeth Chambers kept in contact with me and personalized our menu over and over to get exactly the menu that I wanted for as close to our budget as possible, which was so appreciated. They even gave us a crab dip app free of cost- Elizabeth knew I really wanted this but it was over budget and they happened to have some extra crab meat that weekend and made it for us! It was incredibly thoughtful of them. We love Mulligans and were very satisfied with their food, bar service and communication throughout.

Sent on 02/14/2017
  • Chris

Chris · Married on 10/08/2016

If we could rate them 6 stars, we would. Where can we even begin to describe our experience working with Shannon and Elizabeth? First, they could not have been easier to work with. We chose them not only based on the great food they put together for our tasting, but their personalities are amazing and really make the whole planning process much easier. Our venue did not have a kitchen on-site, so the fact that they bring their catering truck and cook everything there was a HUGE plus. The staff they provided was great, they were truly on top of everything the entire evening despite Hurricane Matthew bearing down on us as the night went on. Our guests raved about the food which confirmed what we knew all along...we booked the best caterer we could have. Seriously, do not overlook them when you are looking for a caterer. The level of communication, the professionalism, the ability to adjust during challenging circumstances, and most of all the food will not disappoint you.

Sent on 10/13/2016

Jayne · Married on 09/02/2016

Mulligans has a taco truck! They did the rehearsal dinner at my wedding. We got married at an event home and they drove the taco truck to the door and my guests got to go out and get a "boat" full of tacos along with chips and salsa. The food was delicious and fresh. (we had fish, chicken and beef soft shell tacos) The service is friendly and efficient. Like really genuinely friendly! Great value. I can not say enough about Mulligans Taco truck! Thank you!!

Sent on 10/19/2016

Lizzie · Married on 07/10/2016

My fiance and I could not have been happier with Mulligans catering. From start to finish, they were a pleasure to deal with, and we continually felt like we were being taking good care of. Mulligans catered both our rehearsal dinner and our reception. We had our rehearsal on the porch at the restaurant. Even though it was July, it was pleasant and the space looked wonderful. The food and service were excellent. We also were thrilled with the reception. We had several guests note that it was the best food they had ever had at a wedding. Additionally, we wanted to have an ice cream sundae bar instead of a cake. Although our venue did not have freezer space, Mulligans made it happen. We cannot recommend Elizabeth and Shannon more highly.

Sent on 07/17/2016

Casen · Married on 06/11/2016

My wife and I had our wedding in Kill Devil Hills back in June of this past year. We used Mulligan's for both our wedding day and also our rehearsal dinner on the beach. Shannon is awesome to work with and the food was amazing. Both of our families loved the food and want to come back to the OBX because of them. We are huge foodies so this was great for us because of the quality and service they provided. We were very impressed with the bartender they provided as well since we had her make probably the most Irish Car Bombs she's ever seen in one party...at least we hope for bragging rights.

Thanks again Mulligans and Shannon!

Sent on 08/16/2016

Sandra · Married on 05/20/2016

Words cannot convey how happy my husband and I were with Mulligan's Catering for our wedding. We took it upon ourselves to do most of the wedding planning, setup, and cooking ourselves, which we quickly found out was a daunting task, especially when wedding day rolled around. Had it not been for Shannon and her partner, Elizabeth, our big day would have been so much more stressful. Throughout the process, Shannon was always in touch, making sure she knew every last detail of our wedding so she could plan accordingly. On wedding day, everyone on the Mulligan's crew was extremely courteous and hard-working. Elizabeth was a dream to work with, playing the role of both caterer and wedding planner - fixing plate settings, making sure everything was decorated beautifully, and constantly alleviating any concerns we had. Lastly, and most importantly, the food was absolutely fantastic. Do yourself a favor and be sure to get the crab cakes, fish tacos, pulled pork, and mini chicken & waffles - all were extremely delicious. I want to thank Mulligan's catering for making our dream wedding a reality, because we couldn't have done it without them.

Sent on 06/13/2016

Theresa · Married on 05/07/2016

Mulligans provided the appetizers, bartenders, and closing coffee/pastries for our wedding. Working with Shannon was such a pleasant and easy process - she was so quick to respond to any emails and seriously accommodating to all of our requests (even our last minute request for coffee/pastries for the end of the event!). And the food was AMAZING - we had multiple guests rave about the appetizers (the chicken & waffles are to die for!), and their shrimp & grits is the best that we have ever had! Shannon was even able to make the shrimp & grits into an appetizer by using endive spoons, which worked out perfectly!! We HIGHLY recommend using Mulligans for any catering needs - they were great!

Sent on 07/18/2016

Lisa · Married on 10/24/2015

HIDDEN GEM! I can't speak any higher about Mulligans, they were absolutely amazing. When my husband and I were down in OBX we stopped here for lunch, we were impressed with their food so we asked if they catered weddings. Elizabeth treated us like a 5 star guest and brought us out a 5 course meal, which included filet crab dip etc. We hired them on their professionalism alone! The experience planning with both Shannon and Elizabeth was amazing. Their prices are exceptional for the quality and quantity of their food. They bring a food truck and cook everything out of the truck! My guests were literally leaving the wedding to go thank the chef. Shannon was always so quick with responding and they are down for anything! Anything you want they will make happen! I want a signature drink, it was sliced pineapple that soaks in vodka for 29 days. They did that without even blinking an eye. They were such a pleasure to work with and I cant wait to go down and visit. You are crazy to go with any other caterer.

Sent on 01/07/2016

Amanda · Married on 04/25/2015

Shannon and Elizabeth were amazing. Mulligans hosted our rehearsal dinner and catered our wedding. They were very thorough which helped relieve our stress. The rehearsal dinner was excellent; the staff were helpful and the prices were reasonable.
    Their catering for our wedding was outstanding. The food was awesome (yummy bbq) and the service was excellent.

Thank you so much! If we had to do it all over again, we'd definitely hire Mulligans a second time!!

Sent on 05/16/2015

Johanna · Married on 10/11/2014

Mulligan's hosted our wedding rehearsal dinner for about 20 guests followed by a welcome cocktail hour for approximately 65 guests ahead of our wedding.

The dinner menu was excellent, especially the BBQ hush puppy shooters and the oysters. Our dinner took place in a special room on Mulligan's upper deck that was private but offered beautiful views of both the sound and the ocean during sunset.

After dinner was over, all of our wedding guests were invited to the deck area for wine and beer and appetizers for about two hours. The staff at Mulligan's was stellar--no one waited for a drink at the bar or from the two waitresses who were also cocktailing for all of our guests and I don't think they got one single drink order wrong despite the high volume of guests and requests.

Overall we couldn't have picked a better place to have our rehearsal dinner, it was the perfect way to kick-off our wedding weekend!

Sent on 10/31/2014

Kelli · Married on 06/19/2014

We can not say enough good things about Mulligan's! We recently came home from an amazing wedding week in Corolla, NC. The weather was just perfect--every day except for our wedding day!! Our outdoor reception quickly turned into an indoor one, but it was flawless due to the fast acting team from Mulligan's. They brought table decorations that would have been ruined in from the rain (totally not part of their job), and they made our reception look as if it was planned inside all along. The food was absolutely perfect. Shannon worked with me from the very early planning stages, she listened to my preferences, and finally came up to an AWESOME menu that our guests are still talking about. We are fans for life, and will always stop in at milepost 13 on our way to or from the OBX. :)

Sent on 06/30/2014

Planning a destination wedding from several hundred miles away is stressful, to say the least! After reaching out through a message board in order to find answers to all of my questions, my inbox was immediately flooded by vendors sending me their menus and telling me how they would be perfect for my wedding day...but one stood out above all! Shannon from Mulligans actually took the time to answer all of my questions, directly linking me to websites where I could get everything I needed and even went by the venue we had in mind to check out its suitability! It was only after answering all of my questions that she let me know that she was a caterer. She asked if we needed a caterer for our reception, then took the time to ask what our vision was for the event before sending me some sample menus she had from prior events. While other caterers immediately assumed I would want a barbecue reception, she took the time to ask and adapt to fit our needs.

Prior to our event, she met with us and went over the final details, and then she and her crew arrived early enough to make sure we didn't need any help with set-up. The food was beyond amazing, and plentiful! From the seafood to perfectly cooked prime rib, our guests were thoroughly impressed! The best part was finding takeout boxes with some of all the dishes waiting for us in our room after the reception (cause we definitely needed it!) Thank you to Shannon and the whole Mulligans catering crew for making sure our reception was perfect!

Sent on 12/19/2015

Jenna · Married on 05/05/2012

Mulligans is incredible! I am so thankful I came across them in my caterer search. The price was so reasonable and the best part is the food. Every person at my wedding was raving about how amazing the food was! Shannon was so great to work with and never ever made a single thing a problem, which is so priceless when you have so much going on during planning. On the day of, her staff was so amazing. Super professional and made certain I never had to worry about a thing. I highly recommend them for catering your OBX wedding!!

Sent on 06/05/2012
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 05/18/2019

Above and beyond!

Mulligan's was amazing from the very beginning, all thanks to Robin. Robin was always quick to respond, answer questions, and basically treated us like family even the day of our wedding. Robin helped work within our budget and was still able to provide an incredible meal for us and all of our guests. With limited resources to help day-of, I asked Robin if she and her team wouldn't mind doing a few extra things, and they truly went above and beyond. The food (taco bar) was amazing and all of our guests are still raving about it! My now-husband and I were a little worried about the cost at the beginning, but it was well-worth every penny. Great team, great service.

Sent on 05/31/2019

Mulligan's Beach Catering's reply:

Thank you Amanda! I am so glad you and Garrett enjoyed everything! It truly was a beautiful day!!
    Please come and visit when you are in town again!
    All the best to you two,
  • Donna

Donna · Married on 10/15/2016

My guest loved the food and I was very pleased only for the kids menu?

Sent on 04/23/2018