40 Reviews for Mulligan's Beach Catering

Open Bar (1)
Signature Drink (1)
Specialty Beer (1)
40 Mulligan's Beach Catering Reviews

The best fish tacos we’ve ever had! Everyone we had contact with during the planning of the wedding / wedding day was amazing. HIGHLY RECOMMEND:)

Profile Picture Gabrielle, 9/22/18, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering

We hired Mulligans to cater a dinner at a large house we had rented in Kill Devil Hills and a sit-down dinner at the restaurant for a family reunion of nearly 40 people. This was in July, when just about all the restaurants in the area were reluctant to commit a private room to a dinner, when they are so crowded. Mulligans did provide a private room, and they did a splendid job. The sit-down dinner was served as a buffet, and the food was excellent. Service was accommodating and friendly. The only thing to be aware of is the "private" room is actually a covered deck, open to the outside air. That's very pleasant, but it's also open to a busy street, with the usual noise. The catered dinner was superb. We had guests from all over North America-- as far away as Alaska and British Columbia-- so we elected to have a NC barbecue for them. The pulled pork was among the best I've ever eaten, and I grew up in eastern NC, so I've eaten a lot of that dish. The barbecued chicken was moist, perfectly cooked. And Mulligans provided so much food that we were still eating it for lunches two days later. The staff who arrived with the food were efficient and friendly and got it set up very fast for a hungry crowd. I would certainly use Mulligans again for a party like this one. Ask for Robin. She's terrific.

Profile Picture John, 7/18/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Robin handled my caterering needs and requests. She helped me plan with Metro rental and she made sure everything was perfect for our wedding celebration event. Food was excellent, presentation great and staff very helpful. I forgot about a guest that was allergic to garlic and she had an employee bring food specially for that guest. Over and above for sure. I would not hesitate to recommend and would love to hire them for any future events.
Katie Teitell

Profile Picture Katie, 7/12/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

From the beginning Mulligan's was helpful, quick, easy, and professional. I had their food truck for my wedding reception and it was such a hit! They arrived on time, served amazing food that my guests could not stop talking about, and even went above and beyond to bring food around the reception for my guests even though this was not discussed. They quickly realized that my guests weren't all going down to the truck and many of my guests were unable to (wheelchairs, etc.) so they made it a point to make sure everyone was eating and enjoying themselves. I never once had to stop and ask them to change anything or do anything. They packed up all of the food for me and placed it into the fridge, put a bit of food out for the guests to continue to snack on, and mingled professionally with guests when necessary. Every service they provided was fabulous and I was so thrilled with out everything turned out.

HIGHLY recommend them to anyone interested in a great selection of delicious food, wonderful service, and an easy planning/night of service.

PS- The crab cakes as an appetizer was the biggest hit with my guests. They will be talking about them forever!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 7/9/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Seafood, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Vegetarian, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s)

The food was out of this world delicious. We had drop off catering and they showed up right when they said they'd be there. There was more than enough food for what we ordered. I highly recommend Mulligan's Beach Catering. Robin was wonderful to work with.

Profile Picture Lori, 6/29/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We had our rehearsal dinner on the covered deck at Mulligan’s followed by a tiki party at the bar. The food and drinks were fantastic, the service was great, and the venue had a wonderful view. Highly recommended!!

Profile Picture Courtney, 6/2/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

We had a late morning Sunday breakfast gathering in the covered deck for about 40 people the day after our wedding. Robin worked with me and my indecisive ways for months in planning this event. She was so patient with me and in the end created and delivered exactly what I wanted; Omelet Chef, Bloody and Mimosa Bar and all! The food was so good! The staff was pleasant and attentive. The covered deck was perfect for what we wanted. Would defintely recommend Mulligans and will surely hope to use them again in the future for some more fun events.

Profile Picture Sharon, 6/2/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

If I could give them 10 stars I would!!! Robin was great to work with! She always responded to all of questions in a timely manner and helped me through all of my wedding planning. My day would have been nothing without her & her awesome staff! The day of the wedding, Robin & her staff made the reception go so smoothly. Everyone loved the variety of food offered along with how great everything tasted! The staff was friendly & did their job very well. The service was also great!

Profile Picture mariah, 5/5/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Mulligans was a great option for us. We had our original caterer cancel and were back on the market looking for a major vendor for our wedding. Robin and Mulligans made the entire process fun and exciting from the tasting to menu revisions and finally the big night! We feel lucky to have had the opportunity to bring Robin and Mulligans in on our big day.

Profile Picture Natalie, 12/31/17, 2 Reviews
4.7

Mulligans provided excellent catering services to our dream beach wedding! Robin Rector was a delight to work with and she went above and beyond for us. She was very accommodating and flexible. When we realized that we were in need of a server for our wedding (a last minute decision), Robin provided us with one in jiffy. Not only that, but the food was absolutely incredible. Our guest couldn't stop talking about how good the food was. Overall Mulligans food services was perfect! If you ever decide to have a beach wedding at OBX, Mulligans is the place to turn to! You won't regret it!

Profile Picture Jonathan, 12/16/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Mulligan's catered our October 2017 wedding in Jarvisburg, NC. We could not have been more pleased with their service! They were so responsive with email correspondence. We were able to do two tastings to ensure that we picked all the food we would love! On the day of the wedding, the set up was clean and seamless. They provided top notch service, and always made sure that my husband and I were taken care of! We have not stopped hearing rave reviews about the steak tenderloin, and the macaroni and cheese! We are very pleased, and would refer them to anyone getting married in the OBX, or surrounding areas!

Profile Picture Kacey, 10/14/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Tastings, Clean Up, Set Up

Our day of coordinator recomened Mulligans as a caterer for our wedding based off of their friendly staff and great service! If you are looking for catering in the Outer Banks, look no further! Mulligan's offers an amazing catering menu at a very reasonable price and their food is delicious! My wife and I had the privilege of working with Robin and her team and we can not say enough good things about them! The food and bar staff were the absolute best! They kept things running smoothly and always made sure we had drinks in our hand! The service they provided was out of this world and they just made everything so easy! Robin was always responsive to answering all of our questions, selecting a menu, creating the perfect signature cocktail, and so much more. She always had the answers and she literally covered everything, even the details I couldn't think of! Our wedding day was so special because of vendors like Mulligan's who go the extra mile to provide extraordinary customer service and that is so needed on your wedding day! It has been a month, and our guests are still raving about how amazing our food was! We highly recommend the Chicken and Waffles, our guest loved it! Thank you guys!!!
Jenna & Kelly

Profile Picture Jenna, 10/14/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, BBQ, Italian, Local, Southern, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s)

Mulligan's is our favorite restaurant in the OBX, so naturally we wanted to have our rehearsal dinner there and have them cater our wedding. We are so happy we did! From the beginning of the wedding planning process to the wedding day, they were awesome. The answered all of my questions, always stayed on top of things, and really helped make sure everything was just what we had envisioned. Robin and her staff were SO patient and helped accommodate all our guests. The food was above and beyond at both the rehearsal dinner and reception dinner. We received lots of compliments from our guests about how great the food was, and how professional the staff was. We are so grateful for Mulligan's great service, and wonderful food. I recommend them for any event!

Profile Picture Merissa, 10/7/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings

We absolutely LOVED working with Mulligans and we absolutely adore Robin. From the very first time we met some of the staff at the Outer Banks wedding expo, and got to try their fish tacos, we knew Mulligans was going to be a front runner. When we were wedding planning, we reached out to three caterers and right away Robin was super responsive and helpful; she completely designed our menu to fit in our budget and make sure we got the things we wanted. I’ve never planned a wedding before, so it’s a very daunting task, but Robin made every step a breeze. She even made recommendations where to purchase our linens and table settings because she knew we were trying to keep everything within our budget. When we came down to the outer banks for our yearly summer vacation, we got to do a full tasting and try everything that was going to be served at our wedding, and Robin said we could make any changes we wanted, but we ended up loving everything. During the wedding, her staff was AMAZING. They say the wedding couple never gets to eat at their wedding, but we did because the catering staff had plates waiting for us at our table! It was such a nice touch and showed that they really considered everything. One of the catering servers even came by to refresh our drinks and bring us more fish tacos! The catering staff did an amazing job getting everything cleaned up at the end and I just can’t say enough about how smoothly everything ran thanks to Mulligans. Even days after our wedding we were hearing from friends and family how much they just loved our food. Everybody was asking where they could get more of the fish tacos! I would absolutely recommend Mulligans (and Robin!) to anyone thinking about getting married in the OBX.

Profile Picture Heather, 10/6/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Seafood, Southern, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Bartender(s), Limited Bar, Outside Alcohol, Specialty Beer, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Server(s), Tastings

Food and service was top notch. Robin was great to work with and my guests said the meal was they best they had all week.

Profile Picture Nancy, 9/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Mulligans Beach Catering was the heart and soul of our wedding celebration. We utilized their catering as well as their bartender services for our OBX destination wedding.
First and foremost, their food was AMAZING. Many guests have told me that it was the best wedding food they have ever had (trust me I am a skeptic at heart but the massive response we got is more than enough to convince me).
We chose a collection of items (fried green tomato stacks, spring rolls, crab dip for appetizers; seared ahi tuna, crab cakes, steak marinated in a wine reduction sauce for main courses) and everything was outstanding. I enjoyed the food at my wedding so much that I forced family members to leave me alone so that I could finish a plate and then enjoy another round of my favorites.
The service (from our first tasting to the actual event day) was also above and beyond what I would have expected. Mulligans offered us assistance with set up, event timeline, decorations etc. They also accommodated some special requests (they brought us an outstanding cake stand to use as well as many decorations that they happened to have in their catering shed). Robin and her team were always available via phone call or e-mail and allowed us to make many changes up until the week of the wedding.
Finally, we enjoyed spending time with the staff at our wedding. Some of them (Robin, Donny, Brian and Patrick) were such an integral part of the fun that guests talk about them whenever the wedding comes up! We would love to spend time with them all whenever we return to the OBX and we intend to visit Mulligans as much as possible (we even went back to the restaurant twice during our wedding week because we couldn't get enough of the food)!
The bottom line is that Mulligans was SO worth the money and they honestly deserve more than we paid them. They were the best decision we made while planning our Outer Banks wedding.

Profile Picture Amie, 9/3/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Asian, Local, Seafood, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

The team was awesome! Robin did more than we expected. Brian the server was like a family member joking and taking care of everyone. We had a Day of Coordinator but could have done without because this team took care of everything. Mulligans made our day awesome!!!

Thanks for everything
Greg & Kristin Grosser

Profile Picture Kristin, 8/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

I am the mother of the bride who wanted a destination wedding. I was very hesitant. I couldn't talk to any vendors face to face. Also, I had to pay upfront before the wedding. If you are like me...choose Mulligans for your caterer. They do a GREAT job. I am very happy with all the food and service. AND Mulligan's refunded some money because the final guest count was smaller than anticipated. Mulligan's is very trustworthy and I highly recommend them .

Profile Picture Alana, 6/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We booked Mulligan's through our wedding planner Hatteras Island Wedding and Events (Wendi Munden). We had a destination wedding for our Daughter and guests boasted it was the best food they had ever had at a wedding. Go for the Prime Rib! We did a buffet style and the food was hot fresh and exceeded our expectations. The serving staff was also 5 star. Every single dish served was delicious. We also did a cocktail hour with h'ordourves and they make a superb hot crab dip. Do not hesitate to use for a large or small event AND call Wendi at Hatteras Island Wedding and Events for a STRESS free wedding planner.

Profile Picture June, 5/16/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

We had a fabulous rehearsal dinner at Mulligan's. Robin & the staff were excellent to work with and the food & service were outstanding. We would absolutely recommend holding your special event there.

Profile Picture Barry, 5/13/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Both Elizabeth and Robin were a great help throughout the wedding planning process. Both were very friendly and professional. The foot at Mulligan's was also delicious and I would recommend it to anyone traveling to the OBX or planning a wedding.

Profile Picture Sarah, 5/6/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Excellent overall experience...Very well organized, food was wonderful, decorations were perfect, and Service was excellent ????!! Outstanding job!!!!

Profile Picture Melissa, 5/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Mulligan's was PERFECT - Robin was so accommodating and personable, and blended right into our event. They were prompt, and the food was amazing. They left the place cleaner than it was when they got there. They cooked the food on site, in a food truck in the driveway - which meant the food was hot and fresh, but the caterers weren't in the way of any guests. I couldn't recommend this company more!

Profile Picture Devon, 4/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

I can't say enough good things about Mulligan's! First off, for the price, which we felt was very reasonably in comparison to other OBX caterers, you won't find better seafood for your wedding. We did a huge tasting with Mulligan's and knew almost immediately that they were going to be who we chose. They put together an amazing, beachy menu for our wedding that we couldn't wait for our guests to try. And at the wedding, everyone was raving about the food.

Secondly, during the planning process, the staff at Mulligan's was incredible about answering all of my questions in a timely manner and helping me make sure everything was squared away before the big day. Even when it came down to figuring out who would provide table settings and silverware, the Mulligan's team helped keep my indecisive mind on track.

Lastly, I am a pescetarian, so I do not eat meat, and I have a few friends who were attending our wedding who follow the same diet. Mulligan's made sure to include plenty of vegetarian-friendly options that everyone would love, and they were great about making sure my husband and I had all the food we wanted at our sweetheart table during the reception.

Overall I'm very happy that we decided to have Mulligan's cater our wedding! I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for great food at a great price for their wedding.

Profile Picture Dani, 4/2/17, 8 Reviews