Mulligan's Beach Catering Reviews

Mulligan's Beach Catering 6
Mulligan's Beach Catering 7

Marla Thomas · Getting married on 07/04/2020

Awesome!!!!!

Being from out of town and not knowing what to expect, I can honestly say I was very impressed. We had dropped off a few decorations and to our surprise, Robin had fixed the room so pretty. The food was delicious and the service was perfect. Friendly and very helpful with all. I would recommend for any event.

Sent on 05/23/2019
  • Caroline

Caroline Sorey · Getting married on 12/11/2019

Food Was A Highlight Of Our Wedding

Mulligan's was the perfect choice for our wedding, and they were able to cater (no pun intended) to all our needs. We requested a pescatarian taco bar and they delivered! The amazing food was a talking point of our wedding, and months later guests were still raving about the food. I cannot say enough positive things about Mulligan's and Robin.

Sent on 04/16/2019

Mulligan's Beach Catering's reply:

Thank you Caroline for the nice review! I hope all is going great!
    I am so glad your guests are still talking about it!
    It was such a pleasure being a small part of your special day!
    I hope you will come by and visit if you are ever back in town!

Happy Easter,
  • Deirdre

Deirdre Orem · Getting married on 06/04/2019

Tasty Taco Truck

Robin and the staff at Mulligan’s are awesome! We rented their food truck and turned it into a taco truck for our rehearsal dinner with approx. 60 guests – the tacos, street corn and rice were delicious. Our guests absolutely loved the food truck and we all had a great time. Robin was very responsive and thorough throughout the planning process. She even went by our venue a couple days ahead of time to check conditions. I’d highly recommend Robin and her team for any of your catering needs!

Sent on 04/20/2019

Mulligan's Beach Catering's reply:

Thank you Deirdre for the kind review! I hope all is going great!
    I am so glad you and your guests enjoyed the food!
    I was wonderful to be a small part of your wedding weekend!
    I hope you will stop by and say hello when you come back and visit the Outer Banks again!
    All the best, Happy Easter!

Mara · Married on 05/04/2019

Mulligan's is the best!

We are so glad that we chose Mulligan’s as our wedding caterer! The planning process was so easy from the start working with Robin. She went above and beyond with making sure every detail was covered. We had a huge menu to choose from, which they were very flexible with us changing a few times to stay within our budget as well as get exactly what we wanted. We decided to provide all of our own appetizers and dishware, but the Mulligan’s staff still set everything up for us so we did not have to worry about anything the day of. The food was absolutely amazing and we had countless guests comment on how great it was. We also had many guests comment on how friendly all of the staff members were! This is our favorite restaurant to eat at in the Outer Banks, and we made the best choice by having them cater our wedding!

Sent on 05/24/2019

Lauren · Married on 04/06/2019

Mulligan's Wedding service

Robin was so kind and very helpful. We got so much food for the cost, and it was all delicious! I recommend Mulligan's for any catering! Also Robin is willing a work with a budget so I recommend just talking to her so she can help!

Sent on 04/16/2019

Mulligan's Beach Catering's reply:

Thank you Lauren for you kind words in your review! I just loved your tie died theme of your wedding. I wish I could have stayed longer as I am sure you all had so much fun!
    I hope you will stop by the restaurant if you are ever in back in town!
    All the best to you and Steve,
    Happy Easter!

Brittany · Married on 03/23/2019

The Best Caterer on the Beach!

Not only was the food phenomenal, but Robin was so wonderful to work with! She was super responsive and made me feel like she truly cared about our day! All of my guests commented on how good the food was! Everything was so tasty and professionally displayed. I would use Mulligans again in a heart beat!

Sent on 03/28/2019

Thanks so much Brittany!
    You were so beautiful! I wish I could have given you a hug but you were whisked off in every direction - in a very good way of course! :-)
    Please come visit when you are in town the next time!
    Robin

Lauren · Married on 09/22/2018

We had the taco truck at our beach wedding. Everyone loved it! Best tacos we have ever had. Robin was super responsive and helpful. Amzing service for a great price. So happy we went with them!

Sent on 09/27/2018

Gabrielle · Married on 09/22/2018

The best fish tacos we’ve ever had! Everyone we had contact with during the planning of the wedding / wedding day was amazing. HIGHLY RECOMMEND:)

Sent on 09/24/2018

Jess · Married on 09/01/2018

Best wedding food

We had Mulligans cater our wedding and it was the best decision we made! We chose Robin and her team over several other caterers because she was so responsive, easy to work with and helped us create a menu that was completely us! Robin was amazing to work with, she even checked in on us the morning of the wedding with words of encouragement, we felt that she truly cared about making our day absolutely perfect. Her and her staff were amazing during set up and provided excellent service to our guests during the wedding. They even served late night snacks out of their food truck, the fish tacos were AMAZING. Our friends and family could not stop raving about how amazing the food was. We stayed a week in the outer banks after our wedding and ate at Mulligans restaurant several times because we couldn’t get enough of their food!

Sent on 10/21/2018

Mulligan's Beach Catering's reply:

Thanks so much Jess for the wonderful review! Sorry it took me a little bit to get back with you.
    I hope next time you are in town you let me know so I can give you a hug!

Becca · Married on 08/04/2018

Booking a vendor without having met them can be a little nerve racking but we are so thankful that we went with Mulligans!! Robin was the nicest and sweetest caterer to work with throughout our tasting, to all our menu changes, ensuring my nut allergy was a priority, making incredible rehearsal dinner, wonderful wedding food, and even running out during our wedding ceremony to purchase more alcohol for us!! (Liquor goes quick at weddings!!) Every single guest commented on how incredible the food was and how sweet the staff was!! Robin and her main man Bryan were amazing hosts and were always willing to do whatever we needed as quick as possible! Don’t hesitate to book them!! They are so worth it and our guests left happy and full!! The leftovers for the week ever went quick due to our family being obsessed with the food (you must get the macaroni and cheese... guests still talk about it to us haha!!) Thank you so much Robin!! You are wonderful!!!

Sent on 09/30/2018
    Mulligan's Beach Catering 15
    Mulligan's Beach Catering 16
    Mulligan's Beach Catering 17

Hi Becca,

I know it has been a while since you wrote the review, so my appologys for not responding sooner!
    I have to say I think your wedding was one of my favorites this year! Dan and you were so wonderful to work with leading up to your big day, your friends and family were so nice during the entire event and I loved how you two just glowed all night long! Dancing the night away.... ;-)
    I hope all is well and please come visit me for a hug if you return to the OBX!!!

John · Married on 07/18/2018

We hired Mulligans to cater a dinner at a large house we had rented in Kill Devil Hills and a sit-down dinner at the restaurant for a family reunion of nearly 40 people. This was in July, when just about all the restaurants in the area were reluctant to commit a private room to a dinner, when they are so crowded. Mulligans did provide a private room, and they did a splendid job. The sit-down dinner was served as a buffet, and the food was excellent. Service was accommodating and friendly. The only thing to be aware of is the "private" room is actually a covered deck, open to the outside air. That's very pleasant, but it's also open to a busy street, with the usual noise. The catered dinner was superb. We had guests from all over North America-- as far away as Alaska and British Columbia-- so we elected to have a NC barbecue for them. The pulled pork was among the best I've ever eaten, and I grew up in eastern NC, so I've eaten a lot of that dish. The barbecued chicken was moist, perfectly cooked. And Mulligans provided so much food that we were still eating it for lunches two days later. The staff who arrived with the food were efficient and friendly and got it set up very fast for a hungry crowd. I would certainly use Mulligans again for a party like this one. Ask for Robin. She's terrific.

Mulligan's Beach Catering's reply:

Thank you John for the kind words, it was such a pleasure working with you! I hope your travels will bring you back from California to the Outer Banks again in the future!
    All the best, cheers

Katie · Married on 07/12/2018

Robin handled my caterering needs and requests. She helped me plan with Metro rental and she made sure everything was perfect for our wedding celebration event. Food was excellent, presentation great and staff very helpful. I forgot about a guest that was allergic to garlic and she had an employee bring food specially for that guest. Over and above for sure. I would not hesitate to recommend and would love to hire them for any future events.
    Katie Teitell

Sent on 08/09/2018

Mulligan's Beach Catering's reply:

Thank you Katie for your kind words, I hope that our paths cross again in the future!

All the best to you two,
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 07/09/2018

From the beginning Mulligan's was helpful, quick, easy, and professional. I had their food truck for my wedding reception and it was such a hit! They arrived on time, served amazing food that my guests could not stop talking about, and even went above and beyond to bring food around the reception for my guests even though this was not discussed. They quickly realized that my guests weren't all going down to the truck and many of my guests were unable to (wheelchairs, etc.) so they made it a point to make sure everyone was eating and enjoying themselves. I never once had to stop and ask them to change anything or do anything. They packed up all of the food for me and placed it into the fridge, put a bit of food out for the guests to continue to snack on, and mingled professionally with guests when necessary. Every service they provided was fabulous and I was so thrilled with out everything turned out.

HIGHLY recommend them to anyone interested in a great selection of delicious food, wonderful service, and an easy planning/night of service.

PS- The crab cakes as an appetizer was the biggest hit with my guests. They will be talking about them forever!

Mulligan's Beach Catering's reply:

Thank you Elizabeth for the kind review! It was such a pleasure being a small part of your special day!

All the best to you two!!!
    Robin Rector
    P.S. Hope you come visit me when you come down to the Outer Banks next time!! ;-)

Lori · Married on 06/29/2018

The food was out of this world delicious. We had drop off catering and they showed up right when they said they'd be there. There was more than enough food for what we ordered. I highly recommend Mulligan's Beach Catering. Robin was wonderful to work with.

Mulligan's Beach Catering's reply:

Thank you Lori, sorry it took me a bit to get back with you!
    It was a pleasure!

Courtney · Married on 06/02/2018

We had our rehearsal dinner on the covered deck at Mulligan’s followed by a tiki party at the bar. The food and drinks were fantastic, the service was great, and the venue had a wonderful view. Highly recommended!!

Sent on 06/24/2018

Sharon · Married on 06/02/2018

We had a late morning Sunday breakfast gathering in the covered deck for about 40 people the day after our wedding. Robin worked with me and my indecisive ways for months in planning this event. She was so patient with me and in the end created and delivered exactly what I wanted; Omelet Chef, Bloody and Mimosa Bar and all! The food was so good! The staff was pleasant and attentive. The covered deck was perfect for what we wanted. Would defintely recommend Mulligans and will surely hope to use them again in the future for some more fun events.

Sent on 08/13/2018
    Mulligan's Beach Catering 18
    Mulligan's Beach Catering 19
    Mulligan's Beach Catering 20
    Mulligan's Beach Catering 21
    Mulligan's Beach Catering 22

Mulligan's Beach Catering's reply:

Thank you Sharon for the kind words and great pics of your day! It was such a pleasure working with you! and always a pleasure seeing you!!
    Hope to see you soon,
    Robin

mariah · Married on 05/05/2018

If I could give them 10 stars I would!!! Robin was great to work with! She always responded to all of questions in a timely manner and helped me through all of my wedding planning. My day would have been nothing without her & her awesome staff! The day of the wedding, Robin & her staff made the reception go so smoothly. Everyone loved the variety of food offered along with how great everything tasted! The staff was friendly & did their job very well. The service was also great!

Sent on 05/24/2018

Natalie · Married on 12/31/2017

Mulligans was a great option for us. We had our original caterer cancel and were back on the market looking for a major vendor for our wedding. Robin and Mulligans made the entire process fun and exciting from the tasting to menu revisions and finally the big night! We feel lucky to have had the opportunity to bring Robin and Mulligans in on our big day.

Sent on 01/15/2018

Kacey · Married on 10/14/2017

Mulligan's catered our October 2017 wedding in Jarvisburg, NC. We could not have been more pleased with their service! They were so responsive with email correspondence. We were able to do two tastings to ensure that we picked all the food we would love! On the day of the wedding, the set up was clean and seamless. They provided top notch service, and always made sure that my husband and I were taken care of! We have not stopped hearing rave reviews about the steak tenderloin, and the macaroni and cheese! We are very pleased, and would refer them to anyone getting married in the OBX, or surrounding areas!

Sent on 11/14/2017

Jenna · Married on 10/14/2017

Our day of coordinator recomened Mulligans as a caterer for our wedding based off of their friendly staff and great service! If you are looking for catering in the Outer Banks, look no further! Mulligan's offers an amazing catering menu at a very reasonable price and their food is delicious! My wife and I had the privilege of working with Robin and her team and we can not say enough good things about them! The food and bar staff were the absolute best! They kept things running smoothly and always made sure we had drinks in our hand! The service they provided was out of this world and they just made everything so easy! Robin was always responsive to answering all of our questions, selecting a menu, creating the perfect signature cocktail, and so much more. She always had the answers and she literally covered everything, even the details I couldn't think of! Our wedding day was so special because of vendors like Mulligan's who go the extra mile to provide extraordinary customer service and that is so needed on your wedding day! It has been a month, and our guests are still raving about how amazing our food was! We highly recommend the Chicken and Waffles, our guest loved it! Thank you guys!!!
    Jenna & Kelly

Sent on 11/15/2017

Merissa · Married on 10/07/2017

Mulligan's is our favorite restaurant in the OBX, so naturally we wanted to have our rehearsal dinner there and have them cater our wedding. We are so happy we did! From the beginning of the wedding planning process to the wedding day, they were awesome. The answered all of my questions, always stayed on top of things, and really helped make sure everything was just what we had envisioned. Robin and her staff were SO patient and helped accommodate all our guests. The food was above and beyond at both the rehearsal dinner and reception dinner. We received lots of compliments from our guests about how great the food was, and how professional the staff was. We are so grateful for Mulligan's great service, and wonderful food. I recommend them for any event!

Sent on 11/12/2017

Heather · Married on 10/06/2017

We absolutely LOVED working with Mulligans and we absolutely adore Robin. From the very first time we met some of the staff at the Outer Banks wedding expo, and got to try their fish tacos, we knew Mulligans was going to be a front runner. When we were wedding planning, we reached out to three caterers and right away Robin was super responsive and helpful; she completely designed our menu to fit in our budget and make sure we got the things we wanted. I’ve never planned a wedding before, so it’s a very daunting task, but Robin made every step a breeze. She even made recommendations where to purchase our linens and table settings because she knew we were trying to keep everything within our budget. When we came down to the outer banks for our yearly summer vacation, we got to do a full tasting and try everything that was going to be served at our wedding, and Robin said we could make any changes we wanted, but we ended up loving everything. During the wedding, her staff was AMAZING. They say the wedding couple never gets to eat at their wedding, but we did because the catering staff had plates waiting for us at our table! It was such a nice touch and showed that they really considered everything. One of the catering servers even came by to refresh our drinks and bring us more fish tacos! The catering staff did an amazing job getting everything cleaned up at the end and I just can’t say enough about how smoothly everything ran thanks to Mulligans. Even days after our wedding we were hearing from friends and family how much they just loved our food. Everybody was asking where they could get more of the fish tacos! I would absolutely recommend Mulligans (and Robin!) to anyone thinking about getting married in the OBX.

Sent on 10/19/2017

Mulligan's Beach Catering's reply:

Thank you so much Heather and Zack for letting us be a part of your special day! And thank you for your kind words! I hope you will come and visit when you come to town next!
    All the best to you two!

Nancy · Married on 09/25/2017

Food and service was top notch. Robin was great to work with and my guests said the meal was they best they had all week.

Sent on 10/07/2017

Mulligan's Beach Catering's reply:

Thank you Nancy for taking the time to give us a review. I hope if you are in town again you will let us cater again for you! It was a fun birthday celebration! Great meeting so many people from around the world!
    Thanks again, Robin Rector

Amie · Married on 09/03/2017

Mulligans Beach Catering was the heart and soul of our wedding celebration. We utilized their catering as well as their bartender services for our OBX destination wedding.
    First and foremost, their food was AMAZING. Many guests have told me that it was the best wedding food they have ever had (trust me I am a skeptic at heart but the massive response we got is more than enough to convince me).
    We chose a collection of items (fried green tomato stacks, spring rolls, crab dip for appetizers; seared ahi tuna, crab cakes, steak marinated in a wine reduction sauce for main courses) and everything was outstanding. I enjoyed the food at my wedding so much that I forced family members to leave me alone so that I could finish a plate and then enjoy another round of my favorites.
    The service (from our first tasting to the actual event day) was also above and beyond what I would have expected. Mulligans offered us assistance with set up, event timeline, decorations etc. They also accommodated some special requests (they brought us an outstanding cake stand to use as well as many decorations that they happened to have in their catering shed). Robin and her team were always available via phone call or e-mail and allowed us to make many changes up until the week of the wedding.
    Finally, we enjoyed spending time with the staff at our wedding. Some of them (Robin, Donny, Brian and Patrick) were such an integral part of the fun that guests talk about them whenever the wedding comes up! We would love to spend time with them all whenever we return to the OBX and we intend to visit Mulligans as much as possible (we even went back to the restaurant twice during our wedding week because we couldn't get enough of the food)!
    The bottom line is that Mulligans was SO worth the money and they honestly deserve more than we paid them. They were the best decision we made while planning our Outer Banks wedding.

Sent on 09/10/2017

Mulligan's Beach Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for taking time to give us an outstanding review. I hope when you are back on the Outer Banks you come visit us at the restaurant!

Director of Catering