Mr. Formal Reviews

65 | Portland, OR

65 Reviews for Mr. Formal

Leah · Married on 06/11/2017

Great rental policies and great service! Good options too!!! Very flexible and helpful! Shayla, who helped us the first time we went in, was very good at not putting on the pressure to buy and did a great job of guiding us through the process (which we had no idea about).

Sent on 02/26/2017
  • HISwife2BE

Lucy · Married on 07/16/2016

This place is great, very friendly and really great to work with. My husband and his 4 GM rented their tux's here and I gotta say they looked fabulous! The staff really knows what they are doing and overall our experience was wonderful.

Sent on 07/26/2016

Katelyn · Married on 03/19/2016

Do it! Literally, the only complaint I had was that there weren't enough shades of gold for accent pieces.

The women working were so helpful and accommodating, the service was fantastic and reassuring and the prices were absolutely affordable. I fully intend to return for the proper occasion!

Sent on 07/09/2016

Was not looking forward to dealing with the tuxedo business but Veronica at the Grand location was absolutely one of my favorite people in the wedding planning. She smiled and just goes with anything. I tried another location first and was turned off but after meeting Veronica I was sold. She really helped us get everything together quickly and painless. \

Sent on 09/01/2015

Ashlee · Married on 09/12/2015

Mr. Formal was the perfect choice for men's attire for our wedding. Everyone was very helpful and made me feel reassured that everything was taken care of and correct. I even called a couple times to make changes to our order and the staff took care of it and everything was correct when we picked it up prior to the wedding! They have great prices. I would highly recommend them for any size wedding.

Sent on 10/23/2015
  • MOB

Michelle · Married on 08/15/2015

We used Mr. Formal in Tigard, Oregon for all the guys in our Wedding Party and they all looked very handsome in them. We did not have any issues with any of the tuxes. And the prices were great! THANK YOU!

Sent on 08/24/2010

Mr. Formal's reply:

That is great to hear. We would love to see photos of the wedding! Please feel free to share them on our facebook page.
    www.facebook.com/mrformaltuxedos

The boys looked SO GREAT in these tuxes, and bonus Mr. Formal was affordable, easy to work with, and one less thing for me to worry about!

The boys did say that the shoes were SUPER slippery and terribly uncomfortable, if we would have known we would have brought our own dress shoes. That's our only advice!

Sent on 07/22/2015
  • Antonio and Christina

Antonio and Christina · Married on 06/19/2015

price was great and tux looked awesome much more better then men wharehouse

Sent on 06/30/2015

My fiancé and I went in to find his tux and his groomsmen tuxes and we had no clue what we wanted. They helped us pick styles, match colors--they were very Proffesional and organized! They had great customer service!! Would recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 03/15/2015

I work in customer service so I have a certain expectation when it comes to servicing your customers. Jim was amazing throughout the entire experience!! He helped me narrow down my options and made my selection very easy for my wedding. He was also very personable and friendly throughout the entire experience!!

Sent on 11/19/2013

Mr. Formal's reply:

Thank You for your kind words.

We went to Mr.formal after checking out all of the other tuxedo shops in the valley mr formal by far had the BEST customer service and prices around. All of the staff members knew what they were talking about and were able to create the look we had invisioned for our guys..
    it couldnt have been any better, they were even able to match my colors from davids bridal even though the people from davids bridal AND mens wearhouse said no one else could match them...
    Thank you Mr. Formal you all ROCK!!!! (:

Sent on 11/01/2013

Mr. Formal's reply:

That is great to hear that we were able to match your colors. Thank you for leaving us a review.

I didn't need a tux...I never wear a suit...but I could use one for the wedding..mr formal had many to choose from...who knew...I got a black suit with a red tie...perfect for the wedding...Hollie took great care of me...I will be back...

Sent on 10/08/2013

Mr. Formal's reply:

Thank you for the kind words. We are happy that you had an awesome experience with us. We look forward to seeing you again.

I Needed a suit to wear for a wedding...I thought I would have to buy one who knew I could rent one from mr formal. I looked great. I wore a black suit with a snappy red tie.

Sent on 10/15/2013

Loved loved loved Mr.formal! They had my exact color and were super nice and knowledgable. The price was fair too! I would recommend them to everyone

Sent on 05/30/2013

Mr. Formal's reply:

We are happy to hear that we had the exact color you were wanting available. Thank you for the review.

Justin · Married on 09/06/2013

Nick was great to work with and recommended the perfect suit for the occasion. Had to make a last minute change on one of the jackets and everything went smoothly.

Sent on 11/14/2013

Mr. Formal's reply:

Thank you Justin for your kind review. We are happy that everything worked out in the end and you had a great experience with us.

My wife and I were more than a little worried when our wedding date drew so close and we hadn't even taken care of the tuxedo rentals! I wasn't sure we'd be able to get anything in time (break out the tuxedo t-shirts?), but Mr. Formal was able to help us out and get me and my groomsmen looking great! The staff was extremely helpful and kept us stress-free. My wife wishes picking out bridesmaid dresses (at another vendor) was as easy!

Sent on 09/09/2013

Excellent service and quality!

Sent on 08/29/2013

Mr Formal sales staff were very knowledgable and professional. They made it so easy for me and hassle free that I would recommend them to anyone who is looking to rent tuxedos.

Mr. Formal's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind review.

Karen · Married on 08/10/2013

The service and professionalism was awesome. They made me feel welcome I would use your service again.

Sent on 09/03/2013

They were wonderful to work with and the quality and look was spot on.

Sent on 09/06/2013

Mr. Formal made us the best dressed group of guys in tuxes you have ever seen. More importantly, everyone of the new in-laws were happy. Everything fit great and the folks in the store were super nice.

Sent on 08/21/2013

Mr. Formal's reply:

Thank you very much for the the review.

Great Job! Would highly recommend Mr. Formal to all my friends.

Mr. Formal's reply:

Thank you. Make sure when referring your friends that they visit www.mrformaltuxedos.com to find the nearest location closest to them.

Wonderful service provided at the Grand avenue location in Portland, OR. Service was quick, friendly and knowledgeable. I came in knowing nothing about suits and tuxes and came out looking really sharp. All of the styles were well priced for what I rented and would rent or buy from them again!

Mr. Formal's reply:

Thank you for sharing your experience at the SE Grand Ave. Location.

Service was amazing and i would recommend anyone needing a tuxedo to rent from this establishment. Thanks for the great service!

Sent on 09/03/2013
  • User3482091 · 2+ years ago

Mr Formal is an absolutely wonder; a totally professional organization. They were instrumental in the great success of my daughter's wedding.

Sent on 08/21/2013