MountainView Manor Reviews

MountainView Manor 6
MountainView Manor 7

Patricia Mccarthy · Married on 10/23/2018

MVM is Excellent

This was the perfect venue for my sons wedding. It is everything him and his bride wanted in a venue. The staff was great. We had an amazing weekend. Staying at the manor made the celebration an entire weekend of celebrating.

Sent on 10/23/2018

Andrew Mccarthy · Married on 10/20/2018

Best Decision we Made!

Mountain View Manor provided my wife and I with our dream wedding. From the moment we first stepped in and met Tim we knew we had found a truly special venue. Tim was patient and so incredibly kind, he allowed us to visit multiple times so that we could plan our special day. Orest got involved and made sure every detail was taken into account. They helped us every step of the way, their correspondence was swift and comprehensive. They took away so much of our stress.

On the day of our wedding, Lauren the matradee was an absolute rockstar. The entire staff was incredible, the bartenders even went out onto the dance floor and danced during some of the songs which was AMAZING. The enthusiasm of the staff and the fact that they were having fun made the night even more special.

The food is out of this world. Tim is a master, we had so many compliments about the food. I can’t emphasize this enough, the food is INCREDIBLE! This venue offered us a tasting where they served us EVERYTHING so we could make an informed decision on our menu.

There is no venue like this in the world, everyone there cares about what they do and they will be there for you every step of the way. Everyone at our wedding told us it was one of if not the best weddings they attended.

If you are considering this venue I guarantee you cannot go wrong. They are the best people I have ever had the pleasure of working with. THANK YOU to everyone at this wonderful place, you made our day more special than we ever imagined. If I could give more than 5 stars I would, I was and still am blown away.

Sent on 10/22/2018

Elise · Married on 10/06/2018

Wow! My husband and I were just married there on October 6, 2018 and we’re completely blown away. The day went incredibly smooth (thank you, Lauren!). Our food was amazing and all of our guests raved about it (thank you, Tim!). Our day could not have been any more perfect! Such a beautiful and unique setting! Staying upstairs after our wedding was super convenient for us and our wedding party.

Sent on 10/08/2018
    MountainView Manor 8
    MountainView Manor 9

Amanda · Married on 10/07/2017

My husband and I were married at Mountain View Manor on 10/07/17, and it was the best decision we made! All of the staff and associated vendors made wedding planning so easy and carefree. We chose to stay at the manor the night before the wedding, and we are so glad we did! I can't stress enough how happy we were with this choice...The manor truly felt like we were at home, which made the morning wedding preparations essentially stress-free. I was really able to enjoy the whole morning leading up to the ceremony, and take in every minute. Everything just fell into place (thanks to the professional, amazing staff and vendors). Let me just say, Orest's list of associated vendors is amazing! Tim (the executive chef) made an endless flow of hors d'oeuvres, and delicious menu options that every guest loved. We used DJ Flow...and received countless complements from our guests! Our wedding cake by Ellie, and morning breakfast spread was not only delicious, but everything I wanted it to be! She was even sweet enough to keep an eye on my rowdier guests to keep them out of trouble (including my father! haha)...and Sue at Floral Cottage made me feel comfortable day 1! She knew exactly what I wanted, even if I couldn't explain myself properly. She even set up complementary center pieces for my rehearsal dinner, just because!! If I had to plan my wedding all over again, I would choose Mountain View Manor EVERY time!! Anyone currently planning a wedding, please do yourself a favor, and choose Mountain View Manor!! You will have such a unique wedding experience, that you and your guests will never forget! I don't even feel like this review is doing justice to how happy I am with Mountain View Manor...Thank you so much Orest and everyone at Mountain View Manor!!!

Sent on 01/22/2018
    MountainView Manor 10
    MountainView Manor 11
    MountainView Manor 12
    MountainView Manor 13

Breanne · Married on 09/30/2017

I got married here a couple weeks ago. I have nothing but great things to say about our entire experience from start to finish. Orest was always professional and responsive, answering all of my questions quickly and thoroughly. I used their preferred vendors for the cake and the flowers and I was thrilled with their services. The cocktail hour flowed nicely; both the passed hors d'oeuvres and the stations were excellent. Tim, the chef, is amazing. Everyone raved about the reception food. I was told by several people that the filet mignon was the best they'd ever had. The maitre D, Lauren, is amazing at her job. She made sure the whole day ran smoothly and took care of all the day-of details for us. The bartenders and servers were quick and professional. My guests never waited long for a drink at the bar. The grounds are beautiful and meticulously maintained, and the indoor spaces we're clean and comfortable. I recommend this venue for anyone planning a wedding or other event!

Sent on 10/12/2017

Sandra · Married on 09/02/2017

My husband and I had our wedding there Sept 2, 2017 and I could not have asked for more. Lauren helped keep everything organized and flow beautifully--she was AMAZING. Tim was the cook and he made everything so delicious and was great with any menu alterations I requested. The servers were all nice and respectful. It was so nice not to have to worry about anything.
    And the place is BEAUTIFUL.
    Thank you Orest and Lauren and Tim and everyone for being so great and making the best day of my life so stress free!
    Everyone should get married here.

Sent on 09/23/2017

Hillary · Married on 06/10/2017

I just had the most amazing wedding at MountainView Manor! Planning every detail of a 180+ person wedding has been one of the most stressful things I've had to do yet. With that said, anything and everything revolved around MountainView and their preferred vendor list was not one of them!
    The moment we got there we were greeted by not only Orest but our maitre d' Lauren, who got us that much needed first glass of water (followed by anything else I needed). She seemed to always find me right when I needed her and I truly appreciate having her there. All of the staff were above and beyond. You could tell that the entire place was a "well oiled machine"
    Tim is a magician in the kitchen. All of the food was to die for from the moment we got there until the moment we left the after party. You could tell that only the best ingredients were used and the love and pride he has for his work. Also they were on top of their game! In under 30 minutes the entire ballroom of people had their food.
    Ralph our DJ kept the party going all night. I had so many compliments of how good the music was. Every song flowed seamlessly into the next, and a bit of everything was played.
    Susan at floral cottage is a mind reader. I love flowers but am not an expert or decisive when it comes to any of the types and designs. I told her a color palette of colors to work with and she somehow made exactly what I had envisioned and more. She made sure flowers were dropped off to me early enough so that when my photographer showed up we had the bouquets.
    Ellie at Elliegant Cakes was phenomenal, she made baskets for the bathrooms which was a lifesaver because walking to the ballroom my bustle broke from being stepped on. There were a ton of safety pins to come to my rescue (as well as anything else you could think of). She made sure I had goodie bags of dessert sent home

Sent on 06/12/2017

Virginia · Married on 10/09/2016

"Best wedding ever been to-" we had read this in other reviews of Moutain View Manor & then were told this by many of our guests; including ones with their own successful event hall/restaurant/catering business of many years!
    Everyone has remarked on how good the food was, the beauty of the mansion, including surrounding area & how enjoyable the day was in general-absolutely perfect!
    It is truly an enchanting place which still feels more like an elegant family estate rather than just another "event hall/venue".
    Being that they dedicate their entire attention & grounds to only one event per day means your wedding will be memorable.
    Communication with Orest, the owner, was always prompt, professional and courteous. My husband and I appreciated very much Orest's attention to detail and helpful suggestions for wonderful vendors!
    We would absolutely use Mountain View Manor again and highly recommend this unique place- it absolutely must be seen in person.
    Many thanks again to Orest & his wonderful staff for making our day everything we wanted.
    Virginia & David Hendershot

Sent on 10/31/2016
  • F

Francesca · Married on 06/06/2015

I'm just going to start off by saying thank you. Thank you Orest for working with me on absolutely every aspect of our wedding and being so incredibly kind and professional. Tim, your food was heaven. There was absolutely not a single thing I would change about anything you cooked. You are a complete master of your craft. Oksana, you are a saint. You were so patient with our groomsmen who I know are crazy. Whatever you get paid, it should be double.

Ok, so for the review. Get. Married. Here. I am extremely detail oriented and the staff at Mountainview Manor was unbelievable with making sure everything was set up just as I pictured it. I can't say enough good things about this venue. I had prepared myself for something to go wrong, as it does with most weddings, but nothing did. Our wedding was perfect. I still can't believe that. The staff made sure we didn't worry about anything.

We have received so many compliments about how beautiful and wonderful everything was (the food, seriously though). If you are looking to have an unforgettable wedding, or any other event, this is absolutely where I would go. I can't say enough good things about Mountainview Manor. I'm still floating on cloud nine about everything. The staff is just unbelievable. We will never forget how hard everyone worked to make our day special and you all have such a special place in our hearts for everything you did to make our first day as husband and wife perfect. Everyone who works here goes above and beyond their job description. Thank you all so much for everything you did for us.

Sent on 06/08/2015

Amanda · Married on 05/23/2015

Thank you Orest and everyone else! Our wedding day couldn't have been more relaxed and beautiful. Orest and his staff took complete care of us from start to finish. We knew from the moment we visited it was the place for us. Our wedding and ceremony were at the Ardmore Mansion, not the ballroom. We also had our ceremony at the stone walls, instead of on the stairs. The interior is classic without being overbearingly ornate. Orest answered every one of my emails with patience and clear instruction. This is a family owned business and you can tell they truly love what they do.

Tim, the head chef, set up a call with us to go over our menu. Some of our bridal party and guests are vegetarian and he worked with us to make some apps and the caesar dressing edible for them. All of the food is fresh made. No outside catering. We heard from so many of our guests how great the food was. The filet of sole stuffed with crabmeat is actually what my husband and I both ordered for ourselves, instead of maybe sharing two different things, it was that good. Our package had a sundae bar to go along with the cake for desert. The cake is made by Elliegant Cakes. Ellie was a joy to work with, and the finished cake was delicious. She also set up non-alcoholic drinks for our guests, as well as made food for the bridal party while we were getting ready.

Every vendor we used was recommended by Orest. Sue at Floral Cottage did a wonderful job, as well as Ralph: DJ Flow. We also used The Studio for our Photo Booth and Jennifer Manzi for photography. All of the vendors, Mountain View Manor included, work together so much that it's like you are dealing with a family.

I highly recommend this venue. It's beautiful, classic, and laid back all at once. You will not be treated like a number. Nor will you feel pressured at any time. I had a few people tell me it was the most fun they had at a wedding, and I'm pretty sure they meant it.

Sent on 06/14/2015

The MVM was an amazing choice- a destination wedding in our own backyard! It was our goal to have a traditional wedding that didn't break the bank coupled with tons of fun, and the MVM didn't disappoint. Being a working girl and guy paying for this gig on our own, we were determined not to start our lives together in debt thanks to the wedding itself. I can truly say the value and service you receive for the price you pay is unparalleled. The day was PERFECT. Exactly what we dreamed; exactly what we were promised with no tricks or surprises. The Coordinator/Manager Orest was truly supportive, immediately had all of the answers to every question (of which there were a legion), and was nothing but honest and accommodating when it came to our requests. Oksana, the Day-of-Planner, was out of control supreme, ensuring my husband and I had what we needed, were where we needed to be, and that the guests were well taken care of. Within minutes of meeting her I immediately let go of any planning stressors and knew I could just enjoy- an amazing and unexpected relief. Flowers by Sue at Floral Cottage: so beautiful they'd make you weep. Cake by Ellie at Elliegant Cakes: exactly what we asked for and melt in your mouth yum. Plated food by Chef Tim: delicious with every bite and one of the highlights of the reception. Bar Service and Wait Staff: quick, efficient, friendly, accommodating, and so adept in their work you barely noticed them. I kept waiting for something to go wrong and it never did! No bumps or hassles, just well planned magic that kick-started our marriage in the most perfect way possible. I cannot recommend MVM enough.

Sent on 05/25/2015

Sent on 05/25/2015

This place is the most perfect wedding venue, no joke! Everything gets figured out ahead of time, down to the minute, without any stress at all! The morning of the wedding I was literally sitting around doing nothing because they took care of everything. They even put up the decorations I brought! The food was beyond phenomenal, my family is still talking, a month later, about how great the food was, the cake was, just how great the entire day was. They loved the service, everyone was so friendly and relaxed, my wedding day had to be one of the least stressful days in my life because MountainView Manor was soooooo wonderful. I would really suggest that everyone look into this place. It is located on beautiful property with beautiful buildings, excellent service, food, and planning, it can't get any better!

Sent on 11/04/2014

I can't say enough positive, beautiful, wonderful things about Mountain View Manor and the Ardmore Mansion and staff. Our wedding was a dream and it's truly thanks to them.

We were looking for an old house or mansion where we could have a wedding weekend. We wanted a venue where we could stay and have our wedding party and family and guests stay. We had been looking around the Hudson Valley/Delaware Valley area. We drove up and met Orest who gave us a tour and selling points. The major clincher for me was that Orest didn't "sell" it. We had been places that felt like we were being 'sold' something. Orest just told us what the venue offered and the reviews and was so confident he didn't need to put on a show. And everything he said was true!

This is the email I wrote to Orest after our wedding. This should suffice as a review I think!!! We loved our wedding there, every guest said it was the best wedding they had been to and where on earth did we find this place! I'm so happy we picked Ardmore Mansion.

Orest,

I did not get to thank you personally this past weekend for our perfect wedding. We can't even tell you how many people asked how we found the place, about the food, about the cake and flowers.

The food! We loved every morsel Tim cooked. I didn't want to stop eating anything. The cocktail hour, rehearsal dinner, and especially the reception. My beef was cooked to perfection and one of my guests, who is a beef connoisseur, agreed it was absolutely marvelous.

Your vendors are truly top notch. Ellie, Sue, and Marcie were impeccable. Their services were perfect. Marcie made me feel beautiful and was so much fun to be around all morning. Ellie's cake was to die for. Sue's flowers were stunning and are still alive in our apartment!

Your staff is one of a kind. Oksana is a delight, don't let go of her ever! She made the day calm, organized, and wonderful. The r

Sent on 01/07/2015

Janielle · Married on 08/02/2014

I got married at MountainView Manor on 8/2/14. I honestly don't even know where to begin. It was truly my wedding dream come true. We spent the entire weekend on the grounds from the rehearsal dinner Friday evening to a Farewell Brunch on Sunday morning and everything was perfection. The grounds and venues (we used both the mansion and and ballroom) were exquisite and all the little touches I chose to add were incorporated into the setting beautifully by the staff. Orest (owner) was the epitome of professionalism and answered my every (and there were a lot!) question throughout the whole planning process, so when we arrived for the weekend, it was stress free and seamless. Oksana (maitre'd and point person during the festivities) was literally an angel sent from heaven. She calmed me when I was nervous, took care of business whenever I needed her to and was literally there every step of the way. Tim (the chef) was unbelievable and my guests are still talking about how incredible every bite of food was all weekend long! Sue from Floral Cottage did such in incredible job with the flowers, I honestly cried when I saw them. Ellie from Elliegant cakes made us not only a gorgeous cake that was exactly what I asked for, but it was delicious along with the Viennese Table that she put together for us. My new husband and I enjoyed every moment of our gorgeous wedding weekend and we are so grateful to MVM for making it so incredibly special for us. I will brag (in a good way, I promise) about my wonderful wedding and MVM for the rest of my life!

Sent on 08/20/2014

Tiffany · Married on 07/05/2014

My mountain view manor wedding was truly a dream come true !July 5,2014 was the date. The weather, the staff, the preferred vendors and the venue was perfect!Orest, his staff and preferred vendors could not be more professional and organized.
    Orest knows exactly what needs to be done and when. Orest gives you the tools you need for the wedding planning process and you customize it to your own special day. He has all aspects of wedding planning covered.
    The manor itself is gorgeous! Full of history yet has it's perfect modern touches.
    The rooms, in the manor, are very clean and decorated appropriately.
    Our reception was held in the manor.
    At first sight, it was literally breathtaking!
    The linens, place settings, and centerpieces were elegant and refreshing.
    Oksana was our event coordinator for the day.
    She was very pleasant. She made sure everything and everyone was prepared and where they were supposed to be.
    THE FOOD:Chef Tim customizes your meal to perfection! The food was exquisite and presentation was lovely.
    Mt view manors preferred vendors exceeded my expectations!
    I can not fully express just how wonderful Orest, his staff and preferred vendors are!
    They truly rose above every expectation I had.
    My wedding was perfect! The day went smoothly and every last detail was taken care of.

Sent on 10/01/2014

Mr & Mrs · Married on 06/29/2014

I wish I could give more than 5 stars!! Every detail was above and beyond our expectations. Orest is so professional and provided a flawless wedding from start to finish, oksana was an angel and all of the staff and vendors were top notch and then some. Our guests haven't stopped raving about the food and the venue. I wouldn't have wanted my wedding anywhere else!

Sent on 06/30/2014

I feel like this rating system does not do the experience we just had with Mountain View Manor justice! We were planning our wedding from SF, CA, and Orest was nothing but patient, kind, and flexible with us and all of our needs and questions. Leading up to the day was so easy, that when the day came- It was an absolute breeze! I used all of their recommended vendors and am so thankful that I did- we wholeheartedly trusted Orest. Everything was perfect! We have gotten compliments from all of our guests that the food(!!!!), service, and atmosphere was wonderful. Not only was Orest phenomenal, but the entire staff was as well. The maitre d was fantastic and focused on making sure we had all that we needed. I could not even imagine having our wedding at any-other place!

Sent on 06/20/2014

Brianne · Married on 05/10/2014

Beautiful place for a wedding. Great staff!

Sent on 05/24/2014

Elsie · Married on 11/08/2013

Mountain View gave us our dream wedding. Everything was perfect. The staff was professional and helpful. Orest was amazing through out the whole process. The Ballroom was beautiful and the mansion was beautiful. If you are looking for a unique and vintage feel for your wedding Mountain View is the place to go. I definitely recommend staying at the mansion. The rooms are beautiful and it is great for pictures. Amber, one of the staff members, was very attentive and professional. All in all we had a wonderful experience and it was a dream come true!! Thank you Orest and the Mountain View Staff!

Sent on 11/12/2013

Mountain View Manor was the first and only venue my husband and I visited when starting to plan our wedding. We had no need to look any further. We called Orest 2 hours after meeting with him to book our date. When you walk through the door, you get a sense of a casual elegance. It is beautifully decorated and maintained and is extremely welcoming. It was perfect and exactly what we were looking for. We could have our family and friends stay there with us, have the rehearsal dinner, ceremony, and reception all in one location, and have exceptional food and service. Orest works tirelessly to make sure that your day or weekend is perfect, and ours definitely was perfect. It is a weekend we will never forget and we thank Orest and his team for that! They thought of everything and were there to make sure all of our guests felt taken care of and had an amazing time. We know that you will not regret visiting and booking your wedding at Mountain View Manor!

Sent on 02/01/2014

Our wedding weekend was perfect! Orest and Tim were amazing! They were so accomodating and worked hard to ensure we had the wedding of our dreams...and they delivered in a big way! Our family and friends enjoyed the venue, food and service. Mountainview Manor is a perfect setting for a weekend wedding! The Friday night BBQ allowed both families to get to know each other, the food was delicious and we danced all night. The after party at the motel on site was a lot of fun. The wedding day although it rained was perfect. The indoor setting in the mansion afforded an intimate ceremony with amazing food and dancing all night! The vendors they recommend were top notch! Ralph our DJ was incredible, Susan our florist was creative, friendly and amazing, Ellie from Ellie-gent cakes provided an amazing cake and venitian hour that was visually beautifull and amazingly delicious! Breanne Frost our photographer has such an amazing eye for detail and so creative and patient with our huge families! Marcie did a wonderful job making our hair and make-up look stunning without having to leave the manor!
    Not one thing went wrong and our families had a wonderful time and we have a lifetime of memories.
    I highly recommend booking your wedding or special event here. You simply can't go wrong!

Sent on 05/25/2013
  • User2091988 · 2+ years ago

MountainView Manor is everything it promises and more. The mansion, grounds, and views are beyond beautiful, but the service and stress free environment is what truly makes this venue one of a kind. Everything was perfect for our wedding. Orest, the manager, is fantastic to work with. On my wedding day I didn't have to think or worry over anything because it was already taken care off. Our needs were anticipated expertly. Everything was set up exactly as I pictured and I never had to say a word. Several guests complimented us on the attentiveness of the wait staff and wedding coordinator, James. The entire day was timed and flawlessly executed thanks to an acute attentiveness to detail demonstrated by everyone who was a part of our wedding. If you want your wedding to be perfect, MountainView Manor is the place to be. They're affordable while being absolutely professional, accommodating, and thoughtful. There's a reason that they keep winning awards; they will exceed your expectations.

Sent on 11/12/2012

Jim & Luverne · Married on 08/18/2012

Orest, the owner at Mountain View Manor, made our wedding an outstanding event. The food, the beautiful surroundings, the quality of the wait staff and overall service, including the overnight accommodations, made our wedding one of the most memorable events in our lives

Sent on 10/25/2012