Mountain Lodge & Conference Center Reviews

Mountain Lodge & Conference Center 7
  • Angie

Angie Byrd Ward · Married on 09/28/2019

Best Wedding Ever

Wendy and the staff at the Lodge were professional and amazing to work with. The venue is gorgeous and everything went just as planned. I can't imagine doing a wedding anywhere else!

Sent on 10/01/2019
    Mountain Lodge & Conference Center 12
    Mountain Lodge & Conference Center 13
    Mountain Lodge & Conference Center 14

Mountain Lodge & Conference Center's reply:

Thank you so much for such nice words, and GREAT photos! I love them! It was a blessing to be a part of your special day. So glad the rain stopped, and the sky cleared just in time for the ceremony to be outside! Wishing you many years of happy memories...Glad we could be a part of them! ......Wendy & The Team @ The Lodge!

Jacquelyn · Married on 05/25/2019

Beautiful Venue and Amazing Staff

We could not have asked for a better venue to hold our rehearsal dinner and wedding reception. The staff made planning and executing these events run smoothly and as stress free as possible. Everyone was extremely professional and helpful. Our guests were very impressed with the great service they received as well. We highly recommend this venue for any event!

Sent on 05/28/2019

Mountain Lodge & Conference Center's reply:

Thank you so much Jacquelyn! We wish you and Brian many years of happiness and hope to see you back in the future!
    It was a pleasure planning with you!
    Congratulations,
    Wendy & The team
    at Mountain Lodge
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 05/04/2019

Couldn't Ask for More!

Chris, Wendy, and the rest of the Mountain Lodge team made our wedding weekend even better! Yes, we got to know everyone by name! We had a block of rooms for ourselves, family, and friends that all traveled far distances. From the beginning, the staff was professional, friendly, and helpful. Wendy made calls to the neighboring hotel for additional rooms, they allowed us to set up a sign and sign up sheets for our shuttle to/from venue, rooms were available early, and they went out of their way to make sure we were satisfied. Not only did we just stay there, but the Mountain Lodge also hosted our rehearsal dinner in one of their conference rooms which turned out better than I expected. It was absolutely beautiful. It was the perfect place for us that felt like home before and after our wedding. Thanks Mountain Lodge Team! We will be back!

Ryan and Jennifer Leger
    May 2019

Sent on 05/16/2019
    Mountain Lodge & Conference Center 15

Mountain Lodge & Conference Center's reply:

Hi Jennifer, Thank you so much for the kind words! We hope you are enjoying married life! Please come back and see us in the future....
    Congratulations, and best wishes!
    Wendy & the team @ Mountain Lodge

Kelli Wood · Married on 04/27/2019

Amazing Weekend!!

Beautiful, welcoming & relaxing!

Sent on 05/10/2019
    Mountain Lodge & Conference Center 23
    Mountain Lodge & Conference Center 24
    Mountain Lodge & Conference Center 25

Mountain Lodge & Conference Center's reply:

Such a pleasure to work with both Bride & Mom!
    Thanks for all the pictures...they look great!
    Much happiness to Haley & Woody for many years to come...
    Wendy & The Team @ Mountain Lodge

Angie Bailey · Married on 11/09/2018

Professional, Excellent & Delicious!

Oh my gosh, I cannot say enough good about the Mountain Lodge in Flat Rock, NC. I worked with Wendy for the rehearsal dinner and did everything through email, phone and credit card as I was hours away. Never stepped foot in the place until the actual rehearsal dinner and it was perfect! The food was delicious and the service was excellent and the place looked elegant. I would highly recommend using them!

Sent on 11/09/2018

Thank you Angie!
    I'm so glad we were able to make it all work out perfectly even with the distance! It was a great day...and the family was wonderful!
    Thank you again for the great review!
    Wendy

Andrea · Married on 10/21/2018

Amaaaaaziiiing!

Scott and Wendy were amazing with everything. Quick to respond to all my questions, super helpful all throughout the wedding experience, and very reassuring! They even let me move my reception inside at the last minute (due to the weather). They’re just both really good at what they do. The venue is beautiful. I chose to have my ceremony, reception, and hotell all in the same place and did our catering through them as well. So convenient! And everyone enjoyed the food and kept getting compliments on how pretty the ceremony was outside. No regrets at ALL! I loved having my wedding here and I’m very grateful for the wonderful staff that helped make everything how I wanted. Perfect 10/10! ❤️

Sent on 10/24/2018

Mountain Lodge & Conference Center's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words Andrea! You are Joshua were a wonderful couple to work with. We wish you many years of happiness, and feel honored to have been a part of your special day . We hope to see you back for an anniversary!...Thank you again and Congratulations.

Elijah · Married on 06/02/2018

The staff were wonderful. We could not have asked for a better venue for our stay and wedding reception. The Mountain Lodge is a wonderful place. I would highly recommend to anyone. We will definitely visit again!

Sent on 06/08/2018

Danee · Married on 05/04/2018

Perfect day

Can’t say enough good things about Wendy and the rest of the staff. We had our wedding out by the waterfall and Wendy was there to make sure everything went according to plan from wedding to reception.

Sent on 12/06/2018

Mountain Lodge & Conference Center's reply:

Thank you so much Danee! You were such a wonderful Bride to work with. We all loved you and your family!
    Wishing you many years of happiness....
    Wendy & The Mountain Lodge Staff
  • Kirstin

Kirstin · Married on 04/21/2018

Wendy was great and everyone commented on how beautiful the venue was! I would def recommend the mountain lodge for a wedding!

Sent on 06/06/2018

Lauren and Travis · Married on 01/01/2018

We loved working with everyone at Mountain Lodge and we were so thrilled with the way everything turned out! Our wedding was absolutely perfect. The lodge was beautiful, inside and out and they went above and beyond to ensure we were happy and well taken care of. A big thank you to Scott, Wendy, and all of the staff who made our day exceptional!
    We will be back to visit, for sure!! Highly recommend them!

Sent on 01/16/2018
    Mountain Lodge & Conference Center 26
    Mountain Lodge & Conference Center 27
    Mountain Lodge & Conference Center 28
    Mountain Lodge & Conference Center 29

Chelsea Marie · Married on 07/07/2017

Nick and I are beyond satisfied! The venue you choose for the ceremony sets the tone for absolutely every other thing you do in the wedding planning process! It was an amazing interaction with Mountain Lodge of Flat Rock from day one, and it only got better over time. They treat you with the utmost respect! Scott was extremely helpful, and was always there to offer suggestions or let us know what our options were. In the end, the decision was ours to make. I LOVED that, because so many other professionals make you feel pressured into choosing one decision or another. He told us "This is your day, it's your call. I want you to be happy." There was a 35% chance of rain, and we had planned on having our wedding outside in the courtyard. The ceremony start time was 12, and allowed us to wait until 10:30 to make the call. We chose to risk it, and he made sure to have everything in place! The weather was perfect, and we didn't have a drop of rain during any of our wedding festivities. When you're a bride, you naturally stress out about the smallest little detail BUT he was the calming voice. How can one be so calm & collected? PERFECT. Our menu was so tasty! To start, they provided Hor d'oeuvres (Spinach & Artichoke Dip with flatbread, Meatballs, and a beautiful cheese/cracker/fruit display) For the main course, our wedding guests were able to have Chicken Cordon Bleu, Beef Tips, Herb Roasted Potatoes, Hearty Macaroni & Cheese, Green Beans, and Rolls. The staff was accommodating in every way, the catering was phenomenal, and the experience was/is irreplaceable! We highly recommend choosing Mountain Lodge of Flat Rock, and working with Scott Mutchmore!

Sent on 07/16/2017

Kimber · Married on 11/06/2016

I couldn’t thank Mary and the staff of Mountain Lodge enough for all of the hard work and time put into making my wedding day so special -- everything was absolutely perfect! My husband and I are from Atlanta and planning a destination wedding seemed as though it was going to be a daunting task; however, Mary and Scott made it easy and stress-free. In the months leading up to our wedding Mary was always available to reach and was well organized regarding the timeline of the weekend. All of the vendors we worked with through the Mountain Lodge were cooperative and successfully captured my visions. And, we and our guests felt at home at the Mountain Lodge. The staff at the lodge not only made sure that everyone was well-accommodated, but knew everyone in our group and felt like family by the end of the weekend!

Sent on 11/13/2016

gina · Married on 11/05/2016

Tiffany and Patrick's wedding was great!! The staff was very helpful in every situation!! Highly recommended!!!

Sent on 11/10/2016

Tiffany · Married on 11/05/2016

My husband and I just married on 11/5/2016 and it was amazing. The food was amazing, my room, the help of the staff. Every was perfect. I couldn't have picked a better place! Thanks to Scott and to Mary as well. My guests had a wonderful time. They loved the food and beautiful waterfall back drop. We loved it. Best day ever.

Sent on 11/15/2016

Lauren · Married on 11/05/2016

For the Wedding Planning experience - Mary and her team were absolutely amazing. I was one of those people that wasn't sure if I needed a wedding planner (what a joke). Looking back on that day - there is NO WAY I could have had everything run so smoothly. I had no stress because I knew everything was handled. It ended up being everything I wanted and more. I would not have changed a single thing and it was all due to Mary and her team's guidance. Can't wait to call Mary to help plan my 10 year anniversary party!

Sent on 11/29/2016

Ryenn · Married on 10/29/2016

Mary Bell Events was a huge blessing to my husband and I. We were planning this wedding in our home state all the way from Oklahoma and if we didn't have Mary I don't think the wedding would have been a quarter of what it was. Mary took my vision and made it a complete fairy tale. With the help of her and Leigh my wedding went off without a problem. If there were any problems, I sure was not aware of that and I truly appreciate it because everything went so smoothly. I would recommend Mary Bell and her team to everyone. They were truly a blessing in a most stressful time. If I could give more than 5 stars I would.

Sent on 11/06/2016

Danyelle · Married on 05/14/2016

This venue is absolutely amazing!! Mary and Scott went above and beyond for us to ensure that day was everything we wanted! Their hospitality is out of this world! And for that we are forever greatful! You will feel like family when you walk through the door! Venue is a must!

Sent on 05/19/2016

Taylor · Married on 11/22/2015

I loved having my wedding reception here!! It was not only beautiful but reasonably priced as well. The fountain in the back made for great pictures and my husband and I even stayed for free and guests could stay for a discounted rate as well. I really enjoyed everything about the Mountain Lodge!

Sent on 12/02/2015

Venue and staff are topnotch! Lodging and reception at one location--a real plus!

Sent on 11/23/2015

Alexandria · Married on 11/21/2015

The Mountain Lodge went above and beyond what we were expecting. Mary Bell was wonderful and I would not have had the perfect wedding without her. The Mountain Lodge was all inclusive and allowed my now husband and I to have the easiest wedding planning.

Sent on 11/24/2015

Mountain Lodge was very accommodating to our needs for a wedding reception venue. Their staff were all very friendly and personable. My favorite part was how they helped us select the food & entertainment; they had a set list of options we were able to choose from and then we still were able to personalize certain aspects of it. For instance they were able to get a raw oyster bar from the exact region we wanted and set us up with a champagne toast. Great venue and staff.

Sent on 11/30/2015

Krysten · Married on 11/14/2015

Mary and Brittany and all the mountain lodge staff did an amazing job of keeping the wedding planning and wedding day stress free for the bride and groom. We would both highly recommend the Mountain Lodge for any event.

Sent on 11/18/2015

Diana · Married on 10/17/2015

Mary and Scott helped to create exactly what we wanted for our son's wedding. We only had 2 weeks and it was all perfect. They were wonderful in helping reduce the usual stress of a wedding. The reception was amazing and guests praised the staff all night for there attention to details and professionalism. No better venue or service in the Asheville area.

Sent on 10/28/2015

My wedding at the Lodge was amazing! Mary Bell did a fantastic job at making sure everything went off without a hitch! We had to change up our ceremony location because of weather, but Mary made the process smooth and easy. She made sure we had everything we needed, recommended amazing vendors and was a great planner. We used their All-Inclusive package, so Mary found all the vendors for us, and set up everything making the process easy for us. Everyone she recommended was fantastic and made our day special and beautiful! The food at the Lodge was fantastic, and all the staff were very helpful and kind. I would recommend the Lodge and Mary Bell to anyone looking for a beautiful setting, wonderful help, and a once in a lifetime experience!

Sent on 10/05/2015

Everyone is wonderful! Our food was fabulous; numerous guests were thrilled to have so much variety! The service was second to none! Rooms are clean and spacious. The staff worked diligently to make sure everything was just right!

Sent on 09/14/2015