Mountain Lodge of Flat Rock Reviews

Mountain Lodge of Flat Rock 2
Mountain Lodge of Flat Rock 3
Mountain Lodge of Flat Rock 4

Angie Bailey · Married on 11/09/2018

Professional, Excellent & Delicious!

Oh my gosh, I cannot say enough good about the Mountain Lodge in Flat Rock, NC. I worked with Wendy for the rehearsal dinner and did everything through email, phone and credit card as I was hours away. Never stepped foot in the place until the actual rehearsal dinner and it was perfect! The food was delicious and the service was excellent and the place looked elegant. I would highly recommend using them!

Elijah · Married on 06/02/2018

The staff were wonderful. We could not have asked for a better venue for our stay and wedding reception. The Mountain Lodge is a wonderful place. I would highly recommend to anyone. We will definitely visit again!

Danee · Married on 05/04/2018

Perfect day

Can’t say enough good things about Wendy and the rest of the staff. We had our wedding out by the waterfall and Wendy was there to make sure everything went according to plan from wedding to reception.

Sent on 12/06/2018

Mountain Lodge of Flat Rock's reply:

Thank you so much Danee! You were such a wonderful Bride to work with. We all loved you and your family! Wishing you many years of happiness.... Wendy & The Mountain Lodge Staff
  • Kirstin

Kirstin · Married on 04/21/2018

Wendy was great and everyone commented on how beautiful the venue was! I would def recommend the mountain lodge for a wedding!

Lauren and Travis · Married on 01/01/2018

We loved working with everyone at Mountain Lodge and we were so thrilled with the way everything turned out! Our wedding was absolutely perfect. The lodge was beautiful, inside and out and they went above and beyond to ensure we were happy and well taken care of. A big thank you to Scott, Wendy, and all of the staff who made our day exceptional!
    We will be back to visit, for sure!! Highly recommend them!

Mountain Lodge of Flat Rock 5
    Mountain Lodge of Flat Rock 6
    Mountain Lodge of Flat Rock 7
    Mountain Lodge of Flat Rock 8

Chelsea Marie · Married on 07/07/2017

Nick and I are beyond satisfied! The venue you choose for the ceremony sets the tone for absolutely every other thing you do in the wedding planning process! It was an amazing interaction with Mountain Lodge of Flat Rock from day one, and it only got better over time. They treat you with the utmost respect! Scott was extremely helpful, and was always there to offer suggestions or let us know what our options were. In the end, the decision was ours to make. I LOVED that, because so many other professionals make you feel pressured into choosing one decision or another. He told us "This is your day, it's your call. I want you to be happy." There was a 35% chance of rain, and we had planned on having our wedding outside in the courtyard. The ceremony start time was 12, and allowed us to wait until 10:30 to make the call. We chose to risk it, and he made sure to have everything in place! The weather was perfect, and we didn't have a drop of rain during any of our wedding festivities. When you're a bride, you naturally stress out about the smallest little detail BUT he was the calming voice. How can one be so calm & collected? PERFECT. Our menu was so tasty! To start, they provided Hor d'oeuvres (Spinach & Artichoke Dip with flatbread, Meatballs, and a beautiful cheese/cracker/fruit display) For the main course, our wedding guests were able to have Chicken Cordon Bleu, Beef Tips, Herb Roasted Potatoes, Hearty Macaroni & Cheese, Green Beans, and Rolls. The staff was accommodating in every way, the catering was phenomenal, and the experience was/is irreplaceable! We highly recommend choosing Mountain Lodge of Flat Rock, and working with Scott Mutchmore!

Kimber · Married on 11/06/2016

I couldn’t thank Mary and the staff of Mountain Lodge enough for all of the hard work and time put into making my wedding day so special -- everything was absolutely perfect! My husband and I are from Atlanta and planning a destination wedding seemed as though it was going to be a daunting task; however, Mary and Scott made it easy and stress-free. In the months leading up to our wedding Mary was always available to reach and was well organized regarding the timeline of the weekend. All of the vendors we worked with through the Mountain Lodge were cooperative and successfully captured my visions. And, we and our guests felt at home at the Mountain Lodge. The staff at the lodge not only made sure that everyone was well-accommodated, but knew everyone in our group and felt like family by the end of the weekend!

gina · Married on 11/05/2016

Tiffany and Patrick's wedding was great!! The staff was very helpful in every situation!! Highly recommended!!!

Tiffany · Married on 11/05/2016

My husband and I just married on 11/5/2016 and it was amazing. The food was amazing, my room, the help of the staff. Every was perfect. I couldn't have picked a better place! Thanks to Scott and to Mary as well. My guests had a wonderful time. They loved the food and beautiful waterfall back drop. We loved it. Best day ever.

Lauren · Married on 11/05/2016

For the Wedding Planning experience - Mary and her team were absolutely amazing. I was one of those people that wasn't sure if I needed a wedding planner (what a joke). Looking back on that day - there is NO WAY I could have had everything run so smoothly. I had no stress because I knew everything was handled. It ended up being everything I wanted and more. I would not have changed a single thing and it was all due to Mary and her team's guidance. Can't wait to call Mary to help plan my 10 year anniversary party!

Ryenn · Married on 10/29/2016

Mary Bell Events was a huge blessing to my husband and I. We were planning this wedding in our home state all the way from Oklahoma and if we didn't have Mary I don't think the wedding would have been a quarter of what it was. Mary took my vision and made it a complete fairy tale. With the help of her and Leigh my wedding went off without a problem. If there were any problems, I sure was not aware of that and I truly appreciate it because everything went so smoothly. I would recommend Mary Bell and her team to everyone. They were truly a blessing in a most stressful time. If I could give more than 5 stars I would.

Danyelle · Married on 05/14/2016

This venue is absolutely amazing!! Mary and Scott went above and beyond for us to ensure that day was everything we wanted! Their hospitality is out of this world! And for that we are forever greatful! You will feel like family when you walk through the door! Venue is a must!

Taylor · Married on 11/22/2015

I loved having my wedding reception here!! It was not only beautiful but reasonably priced as well. The fountain in the back made for great pictures and my husband and I even stayed for free and guests could stay for a discounted rate as well. I really enjoyed everything about the Mountain Lodge!

Venue and staff are topnotch! Lodging and reception at one location--a real plus!

Alexandria · Married on 11/21/2015

The Mountain Lodge went above and beyond what we were expecting. Mary Bell was wonderful and I would not have had the perfect wedding without her. The Mountain Lodge was all inclusive and allowed my now husband and I to have the easiest wedding planning.

Mountain Lodge was very accommodating to our needs for a wedding reception venue. Their staff were all very friendly and personable. My favorite part was how they helped us select the food & entertainment; they had a set list of options we were able to choose from and then we still were able to personalize certain aspects of it. For instance they were able to get a raw oyster bar from the exact region we wanted and set us up with a champagne toast. Great venue and staff.

Krysten · Married on 11/14/2015

Mary and Brittany and all the mountain lodge staff did an amazing job of keeping the wedding planning and wedding day stress free for the bride and groom. We would both highly recommend the Mountain Lodge for any event.

Diana · Married on 10/17/2015

Mary and Scott helped to create exactly what we wanted for our son's wedding. We only had 2 weeks and it was all perfect. They were wonderful in helping reduce the usual stress of a wedding. The reception was amazing and guests praised the staff all night for there attention to details and professionalism. No better venue or service in the Asheville area.

My wedding at the Lodge was amazing! Mary Bell did a fantastic job at making sure everything went off without a hitch! We had to change up our ceremony location because of weather, but Mary made the process smooth and easy. She made sure we had everything we needed, recommended amazing vendors and was a great planner. We used their All-Inclusive package, so Mary found all the vendors for us, and set up everything making the process easy for us. Everyone she recommended was fantastic and made our day special and beautiful! The food at the Lodge was fantastic, and all the staff were very helpful and kind. I would recommend the Lodge and Mary Bell to anyone looking for a beautiful setting, wonderful help, and a once in a lifetime experience!

Everyone is wonderful! Our food was fabulous; numerous guests were thrilled to have so much variety! The service was second to none! Rooms are clean and spacious. The staff worked diligently to make sure everything was just right!

Kayla · Married on 08/28/2015

I just wanted to thank you for everything with planning Trey and I's wedding. It was so beautiful and very well put together. Everyone was very professional and easy to work and get along with. The food was exquisite; didn't have a single complaint! Would definitely recommend this venue to friends that are looking for somewhere to get married, It is so gorgeous here! Thank you for creating my dream wedding. The only regret..... I didn't get to go swimming!

Gok · Married on 08/02/2015

Mary, we were very pleased with the turnout at the wedding. The hosting was perfect; the staff was kind and courteous and the food was the subject of discussion for several days after the reception and even after we returned from our honeymoon! I was able to have a little of everything and was thoroughly pleased with all of the food.

Scott was absolutely awesome. He made things flow so smoothly that Sara and myself were able to completely immerse ourselves in our special day. Many thanks to him and many thanks to you for all of the hard work that was put into making sure everything...just worked.

Cadi · Married on 06/06/2015

My wedding day was absolutely perfect and I owe so much of that to the Mountain Lodge. Scott, Mary Bell, and the entire staff treated my husband, me, and our wedding guests as if we were their family. We had the rehearsal dinner and the reception at the Mountain Lodge and it was the accommodations for all of our guests, as most were from Florida. The rehearsal dinner took place on the gorgeous patio! We had an amazing blue grass band thanks to Mary Bell's recommendation. Scott even did our toast at the rehearsal dinner. They truly felt like our family. The reception was stunning. The Mountain Lodge has beautiful centerpieces and Mary Bell added a special touch when she told me of submerging flowers in water, which Scott helped make happen on the day of the wedding. The Mountain Lodge is such a special place, any bride would be lucky to get married there!

sCOTT AND MARY AND THE WHOLE STAFF ARE SO WONDERFUL!!!! SCOTT MADE EVERYTHING SO SPECIAL AND THE HOTEL STAFF WAS SO FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND MOUNTAIN LODGE OF FLAT ROCK FOR EVENTS AND NIGHTLY LODGING.

I CAN'T SAY ENOUGH GOOD THINGS ABOUT EVERYONE AT MOUNTAIN LODGE OF FLAT ROCK WITH OUT JUST REPEATING MYSELF, THEY ALL ARE SO WONDERFUL, HELPFUL, AND THE ROOMS ARE REALLY WONDERFUL AND SPACIOUS.