Morris Arboretum Reviews

Morris Arboretum 4
Morris Arboretum 5
Morris Arboretum 6

Diana · Married on 06/01/2019

A fairy tale wedding location. Not your typical venue.

My husband and I were married at the Morris Arboretum in June 2019. Booking the Morris as our venue was one of the best wedding related decisions that we made. Looking at all the different venues in the area was an overwhelming experience, but when we arrived at the Morris Arboretum we knew we found the place we would get married. We had our first look in the rose garden at 4pm, this allowed us to get the majority of photos done prior to the ceremony and enjoy our cocktail hour. The atmosphere was romantic and private. After the first look, bridal party, and family photos we had our ceremony at Baxter’s Memorial. This location on the grounds was perfect for us and provided a beautiful brick balcony type of fixture. After the ceremony, we arranged to have our cocktail hour on Out on a Limb. This was a unique experience and not the standard cocktail hour. Guests were able to enjoy their cocktails while overlooking the grounds of the arboretum. I especially liked getting married at the Morris Arboretum because it provided a special and different experience for our guests. While my husband and I got our pictures taken, our guests were able to walk around the grounds and see all the beauty that the gardens have to offer. After our wedding, we kept receiving texts from our guests stating how the wedding and venue was unlike any of the other places they have been. My husband and I plan to go back and visit the spot we were married frequently and remember our special day together. That is something that cannot be done at the other chain-like venues. Our wedding at the Morris Arboretum was truly a dream and exactly what we imagined.

Sent on 06/06/2019

Maura · Married on 04/13/2019

Perfect and Easy - Stunning Venue

Morris was very easy to deal with from day 1. They were clear about what they offered, and helped us to ensure it was the right fit. It is a beautiful, no-frills but perfectly natural and simple venue. We were looking for something that would help us to all be in the space together with a stunning landscape - it was great!

Sent on 04/21/2019

Tara · Married on 09/21/2018

Amazing. So beautiful and effortless

Sent on 10/05/2018

Cassandra · Married on 09/09/2018

We’d had our wedding at Morris Arboretum and was perfect (despite being rained out). Firstly, they are well organized and have a superb rentals team, John and Andrea were lovely and helpful. Secondly, it goes without saying that the venue is completely gorgeous. Thirdly, and what makes them stand out that much more; we had our original plan rained out, but Morris made it work and we hardly felt that we missed because of how prepared they were to deal with rainy days. For our first look, they had a golf cart ready for us to use, the driver was patient and prepared. The venue has multiple large rooms in the carriage house so that what was originally meant to be a treetop cocktail was moved to their gallery room with lovely artworks by living artists. And our ceremony we had in the middle of the dance floor under their tent, which was beautiful and intimate, due the lighting of the tent and somebody excellent work by our florist. Everything moved and flowed beautifully thanks to their preparedness and the attentions of John K. the venue coordinator. We loved our rainy day wedding at Morris!

Sent on 09/24/2018

Lien · Married on 07/19/2018

Our wedding was on Friday July 20th 2018. It was a great night for my family and all the guests. We can not say enough "thank you" to all the staff at Morris and Catering's Coming Company. Everyone was very very professional, helpful, and friendly. Everything was greater than I expected and nothing to complain about. I would highly highly recommend this venue for any couples.
    It was the best day in my life.

Sent on 07/23/2018

Shawn · Married on 07/14/2018

My now-husband and I found and booked with Morris Arboretum 8 days after we got engaged. Not only are the grounds stunningly beautiful but the process of figuring out pricing is straightforward and simply spelled out. There was no bargaining or pushy sales people, the price of your day is the price you pay. Although the staff that we met and worked with for booking the venue were not ultimately the people who we worked with the day of our wedding, every email and phone call with Morris Arboretum was friendly and professional. My husband and I are so thankful for the entire staff of Morris Arboretum and all those who contribute to keeping the grounds so lush and beautiful! Thank you for being part of making our day everything we wanted it to be! Also, if you have the means to upgrade your cocktail hour to the "Out on a Limb" feature, DO IT! It was a huge hit at our wedding to be in such a unique location!

Sent on 08/06/2018

Tami · Married on 06/21/2018

To me, my wedding was perfect and this was largely due to having it at the Morris Arboretum. The beauty of the Arboretum speaks for itself; however its employees were readily available, always kind, and consistently helpful. I am one thousand percent happy with our decision to have one of our most important days spent here - through rain and all.

Sent on 06/25/2018

Alison · Married on 05/03/2018

Morris Arboretum is the most beautiful backdrop for a wedding. They have several locations you can choose from for your ceremony, we chose the Azalea Meadow, but they were all great options. The grounds are expansive and they give you full access and a golf cart to take you around for photos. My only complaint is there isn't enough time to go to all the locations we wanted to for photos! Booking Out On A Limb for cocktail hour is a little more expensive, but so so worth it. Our guests loved it, and we got some pretty awesome photos of everyone enjoying themselves there. Morris Arboretum is by far the best choice for your wedding if you want an outside, get married in a field, or garden type feel for your wedding day. The staff was very responsive and were all hands on deck the day of. Morris Arboretum played a huge part in making our wedding day the best day of our lives!

Sent on 05/24/2018

Kate · Married on 04/21/2018

We worked with Chris at Morris and he was so kind and helpful. They were a pretty hands off venue and worked mostly with my caterer, but any questions we had were promptly answered. He also went out of his way the day of and after to help us prepare and pickup all of our things. Not to mention it is an absolutely stunning venue.

Sent on 05/02/2018

Emily · Married on 04/18/2018

Morris Arboretum is truly a beautiful, unique wedding venue. My husband and I immediately fell in love with it when we were searching for our venue. I knew that I wanted a garden setting for the ceremony and we loved the idea of doing cocktail hour on "Out On a Limb". Who wouldn't want their cocktail hour in a tree house?! We loved everything about this venue. There are a lot of opportunities for unique photos which was important to me- from the amazing gardens and landscapes to the greenhouse and Swan Lake. The staff was very pleasant to work with throughout the whole process and was fabulous the day of. Our day was truly perfect, I cannot recommend Morris enough for your wedding!

Sent on 05/02/2018

Sharla · Married on 09/08/2017

Morris Arboretum was a wonderful venue from the beginning. Once we toured the venue, we immediately canceled all other tours and booked the only remaining day they had available in September. Working with them was great! They were easy to accommodate special delivery and set up needs that we had the day of the wedding and were fast to respond to all of our questions! On the day of the wedding everything went off without a problem and our guests couldn't stop complimenting the venue!

Sent on 09/16/2017
  • Mary Rita

Mary Rita · Married on 08/04/2017

The Morris Arboretum was the absolute perfect site for our wedding on August 4, 2017. The grounds were beautiful, and the staff were amazing. They were friendly and professional right from the start all the way up until our wedding day. John took care of us on our wedding day and was very attentive to making sure we were take care of as well as our guests, especially my aunt who was provided a wheel chair upon arrival and attended to throughout the evening as needed to make sure she was comfortable and able to access each area with ease. A golf cart was provided to help get family and our bridal party to the designated areas for pictures, and during the cocktail hour it was used to give guests a tour of the grounds, which everyone LOVED! I highly recommend using "Out on a Limb" for your cocktail hour, it was amazing and guests loved it. Every single picture we have professional or not is gorgeous because the grounds themselves are gorgeous! I could honestly go on and on, we loved this venue and could not imagine having our day anywhere else.

Sent on 08/26/2017

Sam · Married on 07/09/2017

Beautiful venue! Perfect places for pictures, and for our guests to explore. Loved it!!!

Sent on 07/10/2017

Piper · Married on 07/07/2017

The crew at Morris Arboretum were not only professional and helpful, but they were also kind, easy to work with, and communicative!! They run an amazing and stunning venue, and I can't recommend it enough! Thanks to Cindy, AnnMarie, and all those at Morris for making my wedding so incredible!

Sent on 07/11/2017

Jaclyn · Married on 06/24/2017

Morris Arboretum could not have been a more perfect setting for our wedding. Our guests raved about the unique “Out on a Limb” and the natural setting made for beautiful pictures. The staff was professional and helpful, including John who drove us around on the golf cart. He provided helpful suggestions for great wedding photos and unbeknownst to use, even offered tours to our guests. We highly recommend booking Morris for your special day!

Sent on 11/15/2017

Joe · Married on 06/23/2017

My wife and I got married at Morris Arboretum on June 23rd. The wedding and our experience working with the arboretum were perfect! The group at the arboretum are very responsive, easy to work with, and are very helpful. They took us on tours to show us the different sites and told us what other weddings were like. During the wedding, the staff was helpful. We rented an extra golf cart and the two drivers were fantastic. We both highly recommend the arboretum. Just reserve your wedding day way in advance!

Sent on 07/21/2017

Jennifer · Married on 10/31/2016

My special day went perfect. Just as I imagined it would be. Thank you Morris Arboretum!

Sent on 11/07/2016
  • User7020627 · 2+ years ago

Morris Arboretum is a wonderful place to hold a wedding.

Sent on 07/28/2016

morris arboretum was beyond worth the hour and 15 minute drive from New Jersey. We had a wedding ceremony here for our closest family and friends. The 15 of us were able to take the best pictures in so many locations! Throughout the whole event Melanie was so helpful. Whenever I emailed I received a response very quickly!!

Sent on 10/11/2015

We would recommend Morris for anyone looking for a beautiful location for an outdoor wedding with a friendly and diligent staff and an incredibly reasonable price. Five stars.

Sent on 09/28/2015

Andrea · Married on 08/27/2015

We were looking for a venue for our very small wedding (11 guests) and thought the Arboretum would be too expensive, but because we were having our wedding on a Thursday, we were able to take advantage of the very reasonable rate Morris offers for weekdays. We did the "Parties out on a limb" event package which was absolutely perfect for our wedding and allowed us to rent out the entire venue from 6-10 pm. They allowed us to arrive early (around 5 pm) to set up some additional lights and flowers on the table, drop off the drinks, and take some couples pictures around the different parts of the gardens. We were able to have the ceremony near the limb in an outdoor classroom area which provided seating and a beautiful natural green setting. We were able to take pictures all over the gardens and did all of our group shots in the gorgeous rose garden. We selected Brunos Catering, who were very familiar with Morris and the "out on a limb" set-up so they provided excellent service and food. They communicated directly with Morris so we didn't have to worry about any of the details. We ate dinner in the enclosed part of the limb which was a perfect and Morris provided the table and chairs which the caterer set up. It was so beautiful and fun to hear the sounds of nature as we ate our dinner and had cake. No one rushed us out, we just started gathering our things at 10 and they just waited as we made our way out.

The staff at Morris responded to emails very quickly, everyone was friendly and they were very accommodating and laid back which made planning very easy.

Sent on 09/13/2015

Casey · Married on 08/08/2015

The Morris Arboretum is a dream venue for a wedding. First, the staff is so responsive and easy to work with. The Arboretum offers a variety of grounds to hold the ceremony and cocktail hour with a beautiful tent reception. The front lawn and Out on a Limb are the perfect spaces. Not to mention, the entire Arboretum gives unlimited gorgeous backgrounds for a photo shoot. My guests are still raving that it was the best wedding they've ever attended. I could not recommend it more highly.

Sent on 08/19/2015

Kate · Married on 10/18/2013

I loved Morris Arboretum! The outdoor cocktail hour and indoor reception was perfect for the fall weather!

Sent on 11/04/2013

Jane · Married on 06/15/2012

THIS PLACE IS JUST TOO BEAUTIFUL FOR WORDS!!! you have to go and see the grounds.

Sent on 07/31/2012