Morningside Inn Reviews

Morningside Inn 7
  • Meagan

Meagan Root · Married on 04/26/2019

Perfect, Beautiful, a Fairytale location

I cannot day enough about this place. Not only was Lauren the BEST person I have ever worked with in any event/situation, she calmed me every step of the way. She answered all of my questions, went over things numerous times until I felt comfortable, and the day of she made sure I had my fairytale wedding. This inn is perfect, with the rolling hills and the pond, the stone walls, the two level building with the brick back walkways, it all made for a perfect wedding. I want to do it all over again every weekend

Sent on 04/29/2019
    Morningside Inn 8
    Morningside Inn 9
    Morningside Inn 10
    Morningside Inn 11
    Morningside Inn 12
    Morningside Inn 13

Erica · Married on 09/14/2018

The absolute best decision I made for my wedding was booking at Morningside Inn. They made the entire planning process easy and seamless, and the day of my wedding was completely magical thanks to their staff. We got tons of compliments on the beauty of the venue, the food, and how seamless the entire ceremony and reception were. Special shout out to Lauren who was absolutely wonderful to work with - SO responsive and amazingly good at what she does. If you are on the fence about Morningside Inn as a wedding venue, book with them! You will not regret it!

Sent on 09/24/2018
    Morningside Inn 14

Chelsea · Married on 09/07/2018

Special day made even more special

Everything about Morningside Inn was more than spectacular! From the day we first met with them down to the day of, they were absolutely amazing. Melissa, our wedding coordinator, was on top of every detail, and was extremely helpful and prompt with all communication. The setting of the venue is breathtaking and we got so many compliments on the venue itself as well as the top notch service. As a bride, I did not have to think or stress about anything that day. I got to just have the best time of my life, this was all thanks to them!

Sent on 01/08/2019

Tara · Married on 08/03/2018

This venue is absolutely amazing! The staff there is so helpful and they are so good at making your wedding day go smoothly and exactly as you have envisioned. The food is great, there are lots of options and the staff is great about making sure the bride and groom get to eat.

Sent on 08/18/2018
  • Tifani

Tifani · Married on 07/28/2018

Beautiful!

Shannon was fantastic. Everything was perfect from start to finish. Thank you for the beautiful wedding day!

Sent on 11/12/2018

Katherine · Married on 06/16/2018

I can't say enough about how fabulous the Morningside staff are! We started our planning experience with coordinator, Lauren and she was so great at answering my questions and covering every detail in booking the venue. Later, we got coordinator, Melissa who helped the day of our wedding as well. She was also incredible! So attentive, made sure everything flowed smoothly, kind, and just all around so great. The entire staff were professional and helpful. All of our guests raved about our venue and how incredible it was!! Beautiful setting and perfect experience for a reasonable price!!!

Sent on 06/30/2018

Melissa · Married on 06/09/2018

I am the kind of person who does their research before doing anything. I met with at least two vendors for every aspect of my wedding including the venue. Let me just say that Morningside Inn (and their coordinators) know exactly what they are doing. They were able to take my wedding vision and make it even better than I could have imagined. The indoor outdoor options are great especially because weather is one aspect of a wedding that you can’t control! The coordinator took so much stress off of me before the wedding, at the rehearsal, and especially on the actual wedding day. I was able to sit back and enjoy my wedding day! Our coordinator was fantastic, the food was delicious, and the view speaks for itself. I highly recommend booking with Morningside and if you are on the fence then you NEED to go visit.

Sent on 06/13/2018

Natalie · Married on 04/06/2018

Working with Lauren and the staff at Morningside Inn was the best decision we could have made. Lauren handled everything and made our day seamless. The food was delicious and everything looked exactly as I had imagined. Our day would not have been as amazing without Lauren and the staff at Morningside. The venue is also BEAUTIFUL!

Sent on 04/13/2018

Colleen · Married on 01/14/2018

My husband and I were beyond thrilled with our wedding at Morningside Inn. From the very beginning, we felt completely at ease and knew that we were in good hands with Lauren and Shannon. We fell in love with Morningside's scenery and the rustic vibe of the interior but were increasingly impressed with how accommodating the whole Morningside staff was. We especially appreciated how low pressure our booking experience was and the transparency of their pricing. Morningside provides you with a detailed spreadsheet of their pricing model so that you can see exactly how much everything will cost and play with the cost of different dinner service, bar, and hors d'oeuvres levels. Weddings are expensive but at no point did we ever feel like we were being up sold or pressured to spend more than we felt comfortable with.

Our wedding coordinator was Shannon and all during the planning she was very responsive, helpful, and flexible. It seemed every request we made, Shannon was happy to oblige. We were blown away on our wedding day by how smoothly everything went. Shannon and her staff kept the evening running along perfectly. Furthermore, Shannon and her team set up all of our decor beautifully and then reused our ceremony decor and centerpieces in ways we never imagined through out the evening. We used large lanterns to frame the "alter" and after the ceremony, they put one on our donut display. They also brought our centerpieces downstairs for the reception portion of the evening to decorate tables and the bar area. It looked like a million bucks. At the end of the evening, they packed it all up for us so that all we had to do was load it into cars. It was these little touches that made us feel like the Morningside staff really cared that we had the best wedding possible. And we did! I would recommend Morningside to every bride and groom!

Sent on 01/31/2018

Susie · Married on 11/03/2017

Our wedding at the Morningside Inn was absolutely magical and by far the best day ever! Lauren was our wedding coordinator. She’s very responsive and helpful. The venue is absolutely beautiful. The long driveway with beautiful scenery is a must have for your wedding. The bridal suite is spacious and the groom’s suite is, too! Throughout the wedding, my guests kept telling me how delicious the food was! We had the feta chicken and London broil. Family members said they would drive there again just for the food!!! That’s so important because you don’t want your guests to go hungry or be dissatisfied with the food. The Morningside Inn was very accommodating and Lauren has a lot of experience in the business. She made the overwhelming details super easy! I highly recommend this venue. Go see it for yourself! The venue practically sells itself and the coordinator is just the “icing on the cake!” I’ve gotten so many compliments on this venue. Who wouldn’t want 300 acres all to themselves for their special day? We could party and not worry about a thing! Hands down, the Morningside Inn is the best venue in the Frederick area!

Sent on 11/22/2017

Rebecca · Married on 10/29/2017

Morningside Inn was everything we could have asked for and more in a venue for our wedding! First off, the setting of the venue is absolutely stunning. We opted to have both our ceremony and reception at Morningside. Morningside offers both an outdoor and an indoor ceremony option. Ours wound up being inside since the weather did not cooperate, but the ceremony and backdrop was still gorgeous and everything we hoped for. Another nice bonus is the weather contingency can be decided the day of the ceremony (some other places we looked at required at least 24 hours notice). On to the food....they have a chef on site and offer both a buffet and plated option. The food is DELICIOUS and so many guests raved about it the day of. There are a lot of options to choose from both in appetizers and entrees, and were very accommodating for some guests that had dietary restrictions. Now for the main reason we chose Morningside; on top of the gorgeous views and delicious food, you get a wedding coordinator assigned to you that helps you out throughout the wedding planning process and takes care of EVERYTHING and beyond the day of the ceremony and reception. There are not enough good things that we could say about being assigned to Lauren. Lauren was AMAZING and kept me sane throughout everything. She was very quick to respond to any questions or concerns I had during the planning process and made sure any and all details were taken care of before the day of the wedding. The day of the ceremony, Lauren and her team made sure I had no worries and that everything was coordinated and ran smoothly. If you are looking for a wedding venue in the Frederick area, please do yourself a favor and visit Morningside Inn. They provided the perfect place for our wedding, and my husband and I could not have been happier!

Sent on 11/28/2017

Meg · Married on 10/21/2017

Morningside came with no surprises, and were so accommodating and easy to work with! From our initial walkthrough and questions, to the menu tasting, to the emailing about all the little details, everything worked out just as we planned. The venue itself was fantastic - more than enough room for our 90-person wedding, with enough bathrooms, ramps, and views to satisfy everyone - and the people and waitstaff were excellent, and the food was absolutely delicious! No details were overlooked, and even though we had a schedule and itinerary for the night, everyone was flexible. As a bride, I felt as though I could just take it all in, and didn't feel rushed from one guest to the next, or from one place to the next. The bridal and groom suites were so large, and had more than enough room for all the mingling that took place. Overall, it's worth every penny spent!

Sent on 10/23/2017

Kristin · Married on 09/09/2017

The moment we stepped foot on this property we knew it was going to be the perfect setting for our perfect day and we could not have been more right! First, the views are out of this world. You will have the best photos ever (use Lanie at Crystal Lenz-she’s on site and knows the perfect spots and does an incredible job)! Our guests loved the food - Chef Tim makes some amazing crab cakes! Katie, our coordinator, was very responsive and helpful throughout the entire process and kept everything on point the day of. If you want to worry about nothing except having a great time on your wedding day, definitely consider morningside inn. They have such a smooth operation.

Sent on 10/11/2017
  • FutureMrsL

Alyssa · Married on 09/02/2017

Morningside Inn did a fantastic job for our wedding on September 2. Shannon was fantastic and made sure we had everything we wanted. The weather unfortunately was not our friend for the ceremony but Shannon and the morningside crew went above and beyond to ensure our indoor ceremony was ever better than we could have expected.

All of our guests raved about the food and the decor of morningside including the gorgeous views!

Thanks for helping us have the wedding of our dreams!

Sent on 09/21/2017
  • Brianna

Brianna · Married on 08/05/2017

Morningside Inn was the best decision we could have made for our wedding in August of 2017. We live in Morgantown, WV and a lot of family live in Baltimore, MD so we were looking for somewhere somewhat in the middle for our wedding. I found Morningside on a random google search and the pictures intrigued me. On a whim one day in the Spring of 2016 we drove by, and we were SO excited. The venue is absolutely beautiful ! Me and my husband thought it would be the perfect fit for us. We set up a meeting with Lauren at Morningside and went through logistics, cost, etc. Lauren is AMAZING and broke everything down into an excel document. We loved that so much was customizable and that Lauren was always so quick to respond to questions via email. We visited one other venue in Frederick the same day , and we stayed for about 10 minutes and walked out- Morningside Inn was IT for us. In order to get a Saturday evening wedding, we chose a date in August of 2017. We were worried about the weather in August and planning an outdoor ceremony, but Lauren put us at ease - there are options and plenty of staff at Morningside if the weather does not cooperate. The food tasting in the Spring was wonderful. We chose the buffet with 3 entrees and our guests raved about the food!
    We lucked out and the day was absolutely perfect! 70 degree weather and sunny. We have heard so many wonderful comments about the venue from our guests. The setup (dinner upstairs, dancing downstairs , and ceremony outside) was different than any other wedding we have been to, but everything went seamlessly. Our officiant and Lauren, our planner, worked great together at the rehearsal and the day of. We have beautiful pictures out in the fields and the grounds crew at morningside keeps everything beautiful at all times of the year (we visited during every season throughout the planning process).
    If you choose Morningside Inn for your wedding, you will not be disappointed! It was worth every penny.

Sent on 01/07/2018

Leigh · Married on 05/13/2017

We loved having our wedding at Morningside Inn! The guests raved about the food, the bar staff way beyond friendly, and the views and scenery are breathtaking! Mostly, Lauren made our experience smooth and wonderful. She went above and beyond to make our day perfect, and was so helpful during the process! She kept our bridal party of 16 organized the whole day and was helpful with our two young little girls! So happy to ha e chosen this venue!

Sent on 05/09/2017

Susanna · Married on 05/06/2017

This was the first thing I booked for our wedding, and quite possibly the best. Lauren at Morningside was the most incredible asset. She helped to plan every little detail and executed flawlessly. The venue is gorgeous, the food is delicious, and the service is unbeatable. This is a great option for your wedding!

Sent on 05/09/2017

Camily · Married on 11/26/2016

Lauren and the staff at Morningside were extremely helpful and attentive and they took care of everything from setting up the decorations to packaging them back up at the end of the night. The venue is beautiful and I really liked the two-floor approach (dinner upstairs, dancing downstairs) - it really gave us more room to move around and dance during the reception. Would definitely recommend to other brides!

Sent on 12/01/2016

Kirstin · Married on 09/17/2016

We had our wedding at Morningside Inn in September of 2016. Mary was our coordinator and she was absolutely wonderful. The entire Morningside Inn staff made our dream wedding a reality. We highly recommend this venue to anyone searching for a venue in Maryland!

Sent on 04/20/2017

Amanda · Married on 07/09/2016

When we first started planning our wedding, we thought we couldn't afford a venue that required us to use their catering. After being involved with a scandal at the original wedding venue we had picked and were forced to find a new venue for our wedding, we landed at Morningside Inn. They blew us out of the water with everything. They understood how horrible the situation was and helped make it as smooth as possible. YOU EVEN GET A WEDDING PLANNER INTO THE COST! It's crazy affordable and they helped make the big day SO much less stressful than it could have been if we ended up doing it all DIY. They're extremely professional, respond to emails and questions immediately, and were very flexible in understanding our situation and making the day fit us. Their catering was out of this world and the venue is straight out of a magazine beautiful. I mean absolutely stunning. As soon as we were finished with the ceremony, they had complimentary drinks. Everything about the day was incredible and I am so thankful that our "Plan B" was better than we could have expected.

Sent on 07/17/2016

Lisa · Married on 06/26/2016

Lauren did such a fabulous job with our wedding. All of our guests loved the venue and said it was one of the most phone weddings they have been to! We cannot be happier with how Lauren set everything up and how she kept everything moving! THANK YOU!!!! We are excited to go back as guests for our friends wedding in a week which Lauren is also in charge of!

Sent on 07/18/2016

stephanie · Married on 06/03/2016

Everything about Morningside is fantastic.
    The views. The food. The people. Lauren made planning my wedding super easy. She was by my side the entire time and made sure everything went flawlessly. The owner was even behind the bar. This is a great place to get married and you won't have to worry about a thing.

The only thing I would say is do not hire the on-site florist. It was a nightmare. She delivered dead flowers and my bouquet was nothing like I asked for. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere. Lauren and the rest of the team handled the dilemma wonderfully. They even cut flowers from their own gardens to make things look a little more alive.

Sent on 07/28/2016

Megann · Married on 09/20/2015

We had a wonderful experience with Morningside Inn. They were really helpful in getting all of the details squared away for the ceremony/reception. They asked questions about things that we hadn't thought about and were able to give suggestions when we weren't sure what direction to go in. The food was wonderful and many of our guests commented on it. They also loved the location which was so picturesque. Many of our guests took advantage of the landscape to take walks around the lake or down to the willow tree. It was wonderful that we had a great indoor space for the reception but guests could relax outside when they got too hot from dancing inside. The staff was very friendly and helpful. On the day, I felt completely relaxed and Mary took care of everything. There were no problems and I was never bothered with minute details- I was really allowed to enjoy my wedding. I would highly recommend Morningside Inn!

Sent on 10/18/2015
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 09/13/2015

Amazing venue. Beautiful scenery and building, my coordinator (Mary) was great. Their food was on point, everyone loved it!

Sent on 09/28/2015

Laura · Married on 06/13/2015

We got married at Morningside Inn 6/13/2015. I can't say nice enough things about this place. We approached morning-side 4 months ago after our wedding venue fell through. We were in a panic! We had lost thousands of dollars in deposits. Our baker, Photographer and Minister were all only available for 6/13. What were the chances that this place could accommodate 4 months out? To our surprise not only was the date available but the cost was more than reasonable! Shannon was our wedding coordinator and she immediately made me feel at ease. She took care of everything and gave me so many great suggestions. So in 4 months we pulled off the wedding of our dreams and our friends and family have been buzzing about it ever since. The view is breathtaking, the staff is top notch & the food was so good! The wedding went more perfectly than we could have hoped for. With Shannon's expert help and Morningside's A+ staff, we pulled off the classiest Rustic Super Hero Wedding anyone could have hoped for. Thank you for making this day one of the most memorable days of my life. Laura & Mark Wright (est. 2015 @ Morningside Inn)

Sent on 06/30/2015