Mood Photo & Video Reviews

66 Reviews for Mood Photo & Video

• Sherry

Sherry Aziz · Getting married on 08/23/2020

Mood Photo and Video

Mood has done multiple weddings for people in my community, so I knew that I would be in good hands! I hired mood for my engagement and wedding day, and so far how well the engagement shoot went has compelled me to write this review. My hair (naturally super curly) was straightened and curled that day for our shoot, but due to overcast weather, my hair frizzed beyond control. Meagan was able to calm me down, and take breathtaking photos! I was so worried the shoot wouldn’t have came out good, but I was so wrong! Meagan was great to work out and very talented. I can’t wait to see how the wedding photos turn out!

Veronica Torres · Getting married on 07/25/2020

Best Photographer!

MOOD shot my brother's wedding in August of last year and after seeing their work first-hand, my fiance and I knew that we couldn't go with anyone else for our wedding. They were the first vendor we booked after our venue and we could not be happier with them.

To start, Meagan is so thorough and helps you get really clear from day one on all expectations. She has been incredibly easy to communicate with and always answers all my questions and helps make everything we request happen.

We had our engagement shoot in December with Eddie and our photos are simply amazing. Even though we shot at 1 location, it seems like we were at 5 different places because Eddie knows exactly what to do to change it up. We shot at the beach and I was always hesitant to do the beach because I didn't want a "typical" engagement shoot, but our photos are anything but ordinary.

We didn't go into the shoot with any ideas on what we wanted, we simply let Eddie guide us and it was the best thing we could have done.

If you are looking for a photographer or videographer that does high quality work, is easy to work with and communicate, and will capture your most important life milestones perfectly, then definitely consider MOOD.

MOOD will be shooting our wedding in July and I have so much peace of mind knowing that our photos - one of the only things you get to keep after your wedding is over - will be perfect.

We can't thank MOOD & every team member enough!

Alejandro Cabral · Getting married on 07/25/2020

Thank you MOOD!

MOOD shot my brother in law's wedding last year and when I proposed to my now fiance, we knew right away that we had one vendor down. Meagan has been very helpful and included both my fiance and I in the entire process.

Eddie shot our engagement shoot last month and we were blown away by how great our photos came out. Your wedding photographer is one of the most important vendors you will book and if you're looking for high quality, original and beautiful photos, MOOD is it.

We are so excited for MOOD to shoot our wedding and to have our special day captured forever by them!

Keishauna Dawson · Getting married on 06/27/2020

The best experience

Originally, our wedding planner sent us a group of photographers, but we noticed there wasn’t any versatility of different cultures and races. So we took it upon ourselves to find another photographer. We came across Mood on Inatagram and we knew we had to have them! On our first meeting, everyone was extremely nice and welcoming. Their studio was spotless and felt like home. They showed us their work and it was truly unmatched! Plus, it was right in our budget.

The day of the engagement shoot, we had the pleasure of shooting with Mike and Kim. Mike was super funny and made us feel comfortable with each other and with him as well. It was a lots of laughs and we all had great chemistry with each other. We received our photos really quick and we’re so in love with how they came out! We can’t wait for them to shoot our wedding day!

Sent on 01/17/2020
  • Tarek

Tarek Fakhouri · Married on 12/29/2019

Unbelievable

Mike and his staff were absolutely amazing. Having a destination wedding poses so many issues, especially when the bride and groom live across the country.

However, Mike and his team were always accessible and very accommodating to all of our needs. They took the time to try and understand the vision we had for the type of photos and shots we wanted to capture.

Sent on 01/28/2020
  • Peter

Peter Manoly · Married on 12/06/2019

When the weather falls short, trust in Mood

Mood shot the engagement shoot for my fiance and I.
    On the day of the shoot the weather was bleek and our mood was dreadful. Though our emotions were falling short, Meagan kept her professionalism and restored our faith in ourselves. The end result was a beautiful set of photos that we cannot be more proud of.

Sent on 01/22/2020
  • Garrick

Garrick Chak · Married on 10/26/2019

perfection, dependable, and stressfree

This team can anticipate your needs! On a wedding day with so many stressful moving parts, it is so comforting to have a professional team that is dependable, which relieves the stress, knows how to calmly communicate with the venue and the wedding party, and delivers the perfect result. Mike is also on another level and is an elite photographer.
    Once you write your check, you won't have to worry about the rest, MOOD will deliver!

Sent on 04/26/2020

Mood Photo & Video's reply:

Garrick, thank you so much for the feedback. We had a great time at your event and just loved working with you both!

Mike Purdy

Hilary · Married on 10/19/2019

Beautiful experience!!

This was such a great experience from the moment we met our photographer Meagan in their studio. She helped create and revise multiple timelines for the day which really helped keep my sanity. The day of, she and Kevin both made us feel so at ease and comfortable. They told us where to be, what to do every moment it was amazing. Now about the photos, they took the most amazing and beautiful photos we couldn't be happier with them. They gave us some many and made sure to capture every detail. I would recommend Mood to anyone looking for the perfect experience.

Sent on 12/22/2019
  • Nina

Nina · Married on 06/15/2019

Best decision!

Mike and his team are beyond impressive. I was referred to Mood by a dear friend of mine. From our first meeting, Mike and his entire staff made it a point to explain every detail of what our wedding photography would look like, should we select them. This was extremely valuable since my husband and I had never been married before. Meagan, who leads the front desk, was always available via email or text to answer my numerous questions, even prior to us signing our contract.

Selecting Mood to do our photography for our wedding was one of the best decisions we made. We also had them shoot our engagement photos, which was included in our package. Once we got our engagement photos back, we knew we made the right decision in selecting them. So many wedding photographers take cheesy, cliche engagement photos. Mike and Eddie (Eddie shot our wedding) made our engagement photos feel so unique and special. All of our friends and family were so impressed.

On the day of our wedding, Eddie and the team went above and beyond. They made my husband and I feel comfortable through some of the most nerving wracking and emotional moments of the day (IE - First look!). We had a large wedding party, and they knew what to do to take the lead and capture some incredible shots. They were able to manage through our loud, unruly relatives and get photos that will be passed down through generations. We truly couldn't be happier with our wedding photos. And, we are so impressed because they had them completed within a month of our wedding!

We also used Mood for our videography and cannot WAIT to see the completed video!

Sent on 07/18/2019
  • Lydia

Lydia Michael · Married on 06/08/2019

Best Decision

Photos and videos are the only tangible memories we have of our wedding day after everything is all done. It was one of the hardest decisions we had to make in choosing wedding vendors, but it was easily the BEST decision!

My husband and I really wanted to go with one company for both photo and video, and this company absolutely exceeded our expectations in both!

Photo: Mike is the most well-rounded photographer you will ever meet. Starting from our engagement pictures, him and Meagan made us feel SO extremely comfortable. Meagan, his assistant, was so easy to contact and made herself so readily available to us in the months/weeks before leading up to our wedding day. They are both so professional but also so personable, which meant a lot to us as it made the whole process that much more enjoyable. Even our family and bridal party kept telling us how much they loved our photographers. They captured the absolute best moments, I seriously can't thank them enough!

Video: On our consultation day, Troy showed us several types of videos and asked what we were looking for in our wedding video. We discussed key moments and he ABSOLUTELY delivered and captured all the right moments. He did a highlight video as well as a one minute instagram video and, let me just say, they are absolutely perfect! I may or may not have watched it at least 100 times when he sent it lol. It's the best quality, best edit, best memory of our wedding day captured into a video. Aside from the type of quality our wedding video is, Troy is also so extremely professional and so easy to get along with!

I seriously can't recommend them enough for both photo and video!

Sent on 07/26/2019

Janelle Arreola · Married on 05/08/2019

Working with Mood is a DREAM

Working with the team at Mood Photo & Video is a dream. They capture your vision so effortlessly and produce a product that is even more than you could ever imagine. I 10/10 recommend this company for any of your photo / video needs.

Sent on 08/16/2019

Aryana Behmardian · Married on 03/23/2019

Nothing short of amazing with mood!

By far my favorite wedding vendor! Such kind spirited professionals really do make difference in the spirit of the day! Thank you Mike and to the whole Mood team for truly making our special day even more special!

Sent on 04/02/2019
  • KJ Owens

Kj Owens · Married on 02/23/2019

Best decision ever

Mike and his team are incredible and we are beyond happy with our wedding photos and video! I kept hearing from friends/family that choosing the right photographer makes all the difference -- and it's true. They captured the best moments of our day, and helped us look our best in every photo...there are literally NO bad photos from our day and that's a testament of their talent! In addition to photos, we hired them to do our video - which we're so glad we did - because it was well coordinated and turned out to be our favorite piece :) 100% recommend them to anyone who is planning a wedding because Mike, Meagan, and Troy are extremely talented, reliable, and personable!

Sent on 04/15/2019
  • Brian

Brian Jones · Married on 02/23/2019

Best wedding video ever!!!

So glad we went with Mood for our wedding video! They took the time to sit down with us before to really figure out what style and vibe we were looking for and absolutely nailed it! The professional quality and overall flow of the video could not have been more perfect. It was even better than what we could have hoped for! All of our family and friends loved it as well, many even saying it was like a celebrity music video! Thank you Mood!!!

Sent on 09/14/2019

bonnie · Married on 01/02/2019

amazing work!!! Great service !!!!

Sent on 12/30/2016
  • Sophie

Sophie Dahan · Married on 10/21/2018

Great working with Mike and Troy

I worked with Mike (photo) and Troy (video) for my wedding. They were spectacular together. It was very difficult for me to find a team that does photo and video, plus had the style I wanted. MOOD was efficient, made me feel comfortable during my wedding day, and the photos and video came out better than I could have hoped for. I loved working with Mike, he was very hands on from the beginning and I enjoyed his style and personality. Highly recommend.

Sent on 02/07/2019

marina · Married on 09/01/2018

The best company ever

I cannot say enough about this company. Mike and his team demonstrate the utmost professionalism with respect to all aspects of his business relationships. From the beginning of our encounter with MOOD, Mike's presentation of their work during our initial consultation showed me how organized and truly talented they were.

Megan, his assistant kept in contact with me regularly after I expressed uncertainty about the location I wanted to have our engagement shoot. She searched locations with me and even called me to make sure that I was 100% happy with everything. Initially, my fiance and I wanted to go to the Carlsbad flower fields to shoot our engagement however we decided against it the day of our photo shoot. Nonetheless, Mike and Eddy accommodated my fiance and I and drove 2 hours to Malibu just to make sure that we got the photo session we really wanted. They never once complained nor made us feel guilty. On the contrary, they joked about it and let us know they would do any and everything to make us happy. They truly delivered on that. We were having so much fun that the 2 hour session IN THE RAIN flew by. I cannot wait for them to shoot our wedding; not only because of their professionalism and their top quality photo's but also because of the UNDENIABLE good time we have when Mike and his team are around.

We love this company and highly recommend them to all engaged couples. You will not regret working with them.

Sent on 04/15/2019
  • Holly

Holly · Married on 07/04/2018

I cannot express how much of a delight it was to work with Mike and Troy at MOOD. Mike made every worry I had disappear and truly made the whole wedding day go seamlessly. I worked very hard on making this wedding personal to me and my new husband and Mike captured every second of it. Pictures are coming next week and I cannot wait to see the magic they've come up with! Thank you so so much!

Sent on 07/15/2018

Kimberly · Married on 07/23/2017

Mike and his assistant/second photographer Meghan were amazing! The wedding photos are to die for, they really captured everything. Mike also photographed our engagement session and the photos are breathtaking - he really knows how to work with lighting and scenery to create the perfect picture. When we were searching for a photographer we met with Mike as well as 1 other company and the difference was so crystal clear why we had to choose Mike. My husband and I are not the creative type and had a hard time describing what exactly we wanted, or even really knowing exactly what we wanted, but Mike made it very simple and truly made us picture how smoothly the entire process could go. He was more than just a photographer, he helped create our timeline as well which was very helpful. We 1000% recommend Mike, he is a truly awesome photographer! Our cost estimate here includes two photographers both for the engagement session and for wedding entire day and evening, 1200+ photos from wedding and 500+ from the engagement.

Sent on 08/29/2017

Ella · Married on 03/12/2017

One word - AMAZING! We can't stop looking at our awesome pictures. Mike and his team accomplished exactly what we had in mind. We are no models but if you see our pictures, you'll think we are straight from a "Vogue" magazine lol
    All the pictures are absolutely beautiful and I'm so happy that all the genuine and candid moments were caught during that our special day. Mike's eye to all the details made our pictures exceptional!

Sent on 04/24/2017

Mary · Married on 05/30/2016

This photographer is well worth the price. I searched through so many photographers websites and many of the pictures look the same; beautiful but standard wedding photos. Mike Purdy's photography captures so much emotion, I was immediately taken and reached out to him. Best investment we could have made. Our pictures came out beautiful!!! I can't say enough good things about this photographer. He is personable, professional and really put us at ease. I highly recommend this photographer! We had the wedding of our dreams and as you know, the day goes by so fast. Thanks to Studio Purdy, we have amazing, emotional pictures to look back on for the rest of our lives.

Sent on 07/02/2016

Kelly · Married on 01/31/2016

Talented and Amazing!

I was referred to Mood by several of my friends who had used Mike Purdy for their weddings. Mike and Meagan made me feel super comfortable at our initial consultation. They showed me so many digital samples and prints, and even a sample itinerary.
    We haven't even had our wedding yet, but I our engagement session was PHENOMENAL!!! We went for a more editorial look and it came out absolutely amazing. Mike made us look like our pictures belonged in Vogue. We even got our proofs four days after our shoot! Not only are Mike and his team incredible artists, they are so pleasant and they made us feel so comfortable! The entire process so far has been painless and fun! I HIGHLY recommend Mood Photo & Video if you're looking for quality photos and an amazing experience.

Sent on 04/02/2019

Lyla · Married on 10/17/2015

LOVED my wedding photos! Highly recommend!

Sent on 01/05/2016

Conrad · Married on 08/28/2015

Mike and his team were great! From our first initial meeting with Mike, he walked us through the day of the event which really helped put a lot of things into perspective for my wife and I as far as timing and seeing how everything was going to flow. Mike and his team are professionals and I would highly recommend their service. Everything went well, very smooth, and the pictures were amazing in capturing not only the venue but also all the emotions we all experienced.

Sent on 01/06/2016

Joe · Married on 06/14/2015

When my wife and I were searching for wedding vendors, we knew that a great photographer was on the top of the list, and Mike Purdy of Studio Purdy was our choice.
    As a Director and Art Director, I’m well versed in the art of photography. In my professional life, I always valued the importance of a great photographer, and so it is in my personal life. To the task of finding our photographer, I brought years of professional experience. Our price range had a limit, but we refused to settle for less.
    Here’s what we looked for and got from Studio Purdy-
    • Talent: you either have it or you don’t. You will recognize it the minute you see his work and meet with Mike.
    • Understanding the subject matter: from the location to the participants. We needed help feeling comfortable in front of the camera and Mike taught us how to do it.
    • The importance of camera work: not just what the shot looks like after it’s Photoshopped in post. What does the shot look like in the camera lens? Mike has a great sense of cropping in the camera. He uses the environment around him to make the photograph more dynamic; foreground and background elements, exposure settings, angles (he was on the ground and hanging from windows to get amazing shots).
    • Lighting, lighting, LIGHTING! So important, yet so overlooked. Most photographers just use available lighting, Mike is an artist that uses additional lights to paint his masterpieces.
    • Assistant: it’s important to also work with a proven team. Mike and his associate Eddie, worked together flawlessly.
    • Accessibility: before and after our big day Mike and his staff are always there for us. They are professional and organized and they never failed to return a text, call or email.
    I’ve worked for over 20 years with hundreds of photographers, and I can say without hesitation that Mike Purdy is the best at what he does. Photography is more than getting the perfect shot, it’s capturing the moment.

Sent on 01/28/2016

Mood Photo & Video's reply:

Thank you so much Joe. I can't tell you how much of a joy it was getting to know you and your wife throughout the process. I too enjoyed working with the two of you and getting to know your family. You're wedding was so much fun! Can't wait for you to see the wedding album we're making for you. ; ) Mike.