49 Reviews for Monika Vasey, harpist

Harp (15)
Ceremony (14)
Cocktail Hour (7)
Reception (2)

Monika was a fantastic find for our wedding. She was very involved in our music selection process and provided great suggestions about certain pieces/composers that would be best for each section of the ceremony. She also went out of her way to learn several new and arguably obscure songs that we requested for the cocktail hour. Choosing Monika to play to for our wedding gave the whole night a classy, fun, and memorable atmosphere. My wife and I highly recommend Monika for any event!

Profile Picture Carl, 2/18/24, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

I am pleased to say I have had Monika perform at the celebration of all three of our children's weddings. She played at our daughter's cocktail hour before her wedding reception, as well as our son's rehearsal dinners. Monika is talented, accommodating, dependable, and very professional! She plays beautifully, yet allowed conversations among the guests not to be interfered with. She listened to my requests for what type of music and looked lovely while performing. I highly recommend this lovely young woman. Joan Fielding

Profile Picture Joanne, 2/23/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music

Top rate musician! She was flexible wben we had to adjust her location due to weather. Facility was so pleased they asked for her contact information to recommend to other brides.

Profile Picture Patty, 11/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Monika is very talented and experienced! You won't regret having her perform your ceremony music. The harp is beautiful!

Profile Picture Dana, 8/19/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

We loved her. Beautiful music and so flexible. She has a huge list of music to choose from and will even learn new music at request

Profile Picture Hilda, 8/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

She was on time and wonderful! I was running around and forgot to send songs until the last minute and she still made everything run perfectly

Profile Picture Kiarra, 7/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Monika played the harp for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour and was truly wonderful! From the moment that we booked her she was very responsive and helpful. She provided us with an extensive song list to select music from and was able to pick music for our cocktail hour that fit the event perfectly. We received compliments from several of our guests about how beautiful the music was and how much they enjoyed watching Monika play. We would highly recommend Monika to anybody looking for a harpist for their event!

Profile Picture Jessica, 6/17/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Instrumental-Solo, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Harp

Monika is awesome. She is clearly a professional and has a lot of experience working with (and through) the unexpected challenges you encounter on your wedding day. She played beautifully and infused our ceremony with a touch of magic. Thank you, Monika!

Profile Picture Devin, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Monika was great! The music at our ceremony was fabulous, and she was even able to find and perform arrangements of some more obscure pieces for us (one of which almost made me cry). She didn't give us a hard time when we missed a deadline, and I once we had our set list picked out, she took care of everything else.

Profile Picture John, 5/27/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Monika played for our wedding at the Willard Hotel in DC. Her music was absolutely beautiful and she was very flexible in accommodating our requests. We highly recommend her.

Profile Picture User7186051, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Monika was amazing! She made our ceremony and cocktail reception at the Willard Hotel absolutely beautiful. She was very easy to work with in helping us to select songs and make arrangements for the day of. We highly recommend her to make a wedding feel so special!

Profile Picture B, 4/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

My son got married in a courtyard type setting in the heart of historical Leesburg, VA. It was absolutely beautiful. Monika Vasey ("The Harpist") played at his wedding. We could not have made a better choice. Monkia is extremely professional and her musical talent is out of this world. Her music is absolutely beautiful. It was just perfect for the occasion. I would recommend Monkia any day and believe me you will not be disappointed. Thanks again Monika! You are great!

Profile Picture Martha, 4/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

I highly recommend Monika services for any event. After the wedding she was all everyone was talking about.

Profile Picture trevor, 4/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Monika was absolutely wonderful! We were very impressed with Monika's recordings and the variety of her repertoire. We spoke with her a couple times by telephone, and she was extremely personable and excited to perform for our wedding. Monika was flexible about timing and was amenable to learning new music for us. She even sent a sample of the score for us to confirm the correct version of the piece before she purchased it. We thought her rate was reasonable.

Before the wedding, we e-mailed Monika a timeline of our ceremony so she would know the order of everything and when music was necessary. She was very appreciative of the information, and her performance was flawless! Monika added such an incredible element to our beautiful wedding, and we are very grateful for her contributions. Monika is extremely talented, and we would highly recommend her to perform at functions for every occasion.

Profile Picture Janna, 3/11/17, 11 Reviews
Services Used: Harp, Instrumental-Solo, Ceremony

Monika did an awesome job. She was worth every penny and made our day even more special.

Profile Picture Tami, 11/5/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Great harpist! She plays beautifully! She found a flutist to accompany her and they provided beautiful music for my ceremony and cocktail hour. She also worked really well with my planner, thanks Monika!

Profile Picture Brooke, 10/29/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Monika was absolutely wonderful to work with! She is a supremely talented harpist, but she was also very easy to work with in planning for music and offering suggestions. We were very lucky to find her, and she is highly recommended!!!

Profile Picture N, 10/9/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Instrumental-Solo, Harp, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour

Monika was fabulous from the first moment we contacted her. She responsed within a couple hours to our initial email and then sent a five page list of songs, since we weren't sure what we wanted her to play. Of course, she was willing to play whatever we wanted. She expertly guided us on music selection.

On the day of the wedding, Monika arrived exactly on time, set up her harp and played beautifully!!!! Her music was absolutely exquisite!!!! Several of our guests actually commented on how beautiful the music sounded.

Throughout the planning process and actual wedding, Monika was caring, engaged, thoughtful, helpful and professional.

Having Monika play at your wedding is such the right choice!!!!

Profile Picture Edee, 9/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

MONIKA WAS AMAZING! I hired Monika to play the harp for my wedding ceremony and cocktail hour and it was the best decision I made for my wedding! When the doors opened for me to walk down the aisle, I was beaming and almost burst into tears when I heard the music coming from the harp- it was so gorgeous, elegant, and absolutely magical. I think all of my guests were in tears too. Monika played Canon in D for me, which is what I had always dreamed of walking down the aisle to. Her price is really good. I thought i had wanted a string quartet, but it wasn't really in my budget, so I decided to have a harpist play and it honestly sounded so much better and had a way more elegant and romantic quality to it. The music filled the entire room which I think is another reason why it got everyone so emotional. Monika also played during the cocktail hour and I had several people come to me afterwards saying how great her song selections were. I'm so so so happy with how everything turned out!

Profile Picture Leila, 8/20/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Harp, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumental-Solo

Was one of the easiest parts of the wedding to arrange...we asked for some of the music to be uniquely synchronized with the ceremony and Monika did it perfectly no problem...the music was spot on; definitely raised the ambience of the occasion...make this the least stressful decision of your event

Profile Picture J, 6/26/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Monika was great. I started looking for a harpist around 4 months before our June wedding. She also responded promptly and provided her repertoire which was really helpful in deciding songs to play. The songs I chose were a little nontraditional (Yiruma - A River Flows in You and A Thousand Years) but she had experience with both. She even learned a song for our recessional (Halo by Beyonce) which was gorgeous on the harp. Monika also responded quickly to last minute concerns and questions I had which was very helpful. The harp music was a perfect fit for our outdoor garden wedding and we highly recommend Monika!

Profile Picture Anya, 6/19/16, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Ceremony, Harp, Instrumental-Solo

Monika was a perfect choice for our wedding. She had wonderful music suggestions, was very knowledgeable about what would be needed for our ceremony, and played beautifully. I would definitely recommend her!

Profile Picture Claudia, 6/11/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Monika was absolutely amazing! A couple people were telling me that just having one instrument at the ceremony would sound lonely (which of course is not the sound you want for a wedding ceremony) but I am SO glad I didn't listen and went with my gut about Monika. She was great to work with, very responsive, (especially considering I didn't contact her until less than a month from the wedding and she still worked with me even with the tight timeline) and really just a breeze to work with. I can't tell you how many of my guests came up to me at the reception saying how much they enjoyed the harpist and that it was just the perfect touch to the ceremony. Her price is AMAZING considering northern VA prices. I honestly was about to just use an ipod to play 'here comes the bride' I was so fed up with the outrageous prices for string instruments until I found her website. My husband and I were married in a small historic church so at first there was a concern about where she would play, but she was very flexible and fit perfectly at the front of the church. She was perfect, the harp was perfect, everything was perfect. She really set the tone for the wedding and, again, I highly recommend her.

Profile Picture Briana, 5/14/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Instrumental-Solo, Ceremony, Harp

Monika played for my daughter's winter wedding. We could not have been happier with her music. She provided the perfect accompaniment to this beautiful occasion. My daughter was flexible, and left the music choices to Monika. She played the perfect selections for the preamble, ceremony, and cocktail hour! She even wore a beautiful green gown to coordinate with the seasonal colors! We had a fun time and would recommend her highly!

Profile Picture Gina, 1/2/16, 1 Review