91 Reviews for Modern Bridal Studio

Wedding Party Makeup (2)
Natural Makeup (2)
Brow/Lash Tinting (1)
91 Modern Bridal Studio Reviews

I had a great experience with the vendor

Profile Picture Trish, 6/30/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Jacinda and Carolyn did an amazing job enhancing the beauty of my four bridesmaids, my mom, my future MIL, and moi. I first fell in love with Modern Bridal Studio via their Instagram handle (check them out now!) and was drawn to their effortlessly chic style. My trial with Jacinda at their Alexandria studio was so much fun – I felt like I was hanging out with an old friend. We tweaked a little bit here and there throughout the two our prep session and my vision was complete. Day of, Jacinda and her partner Carolyn arrived at EARLY and transformed our hotel room into a mini beauty salon. They kept to schedule while also enhancing our getting ready girl time (90s jams in the background, ‘Friends’ on mute on the TV, gossip flowing… the best). My hair and make-up felt so natural throughout the day – and the girls and moms were stunning! Wish they could be my glam squad every day.

Profile Picture Megan, 2/18/18, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup

I was so pleased with my experience working with Modern Bridal Studio. After doing quite a bit of research, I'm so glad I decided on Modern Bridal for my hair/makeup services for my December 2017 wedding. The owner Carolyn was very easy to work with, and I found her to be responsive - usually would respond to inquiries in about 24-48 hours. My trial hair/makeup went extremely well with Ulrich that we were fortunate enough to have him do all of our hair and makeup the morning of my wedding. It was a very early start with potential for snow, so Ulrich met at our hotel about 15 minutes early around 4:45am before a 10:00am ceremony. He did an AMAZING job with everyone - my hair and airbrush makeup, my mom's airbrush makeup, and hair for the mother of the groom, bridesmaid and matron of honor. He is very talented, pleasant, and professional. Everyone looked absolutely gorgeous! I wore my hair down, and he pinned it a little off the side to make sure the curl stayed throughout the whole day. My hair and makeup looked great, and I didn't have to do any adjustments after the morning ceremony and brunch wedding reception. Everyone was so happy with how they looked that day, and we can't thank Ulrich enough! My photographer even asked for his card, because his work was so awesome. I highly recommend Modern Bridal Studio, and especially Ulrich.

Profile Picture Jessica, 12/9/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Hair, Makeup, Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling, Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, On-Site Makeup

A special thank you to Carolyn for her caring responsiveness and focus on my wedding day happiness.

Profile Picture B, 10/28/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I'm so glad I chose Modern Bridal Studio for my wedding day! The owner, Carolyn, was extremely responsive and professional. Alexis ended up doing both my hair and makeup. She completely captured my vision for a natural bohemian look and executed it perfectly. Both my hair and makeup held up great throughout the night and I received so many compliments!

Profile Picture Laura, 9/23/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

The hair was amazing for our wedding!! Sara did a trial with me a couple months before. I showed her a picture of what I wanted, she looked at it for a few minutes, listened to how I wanted it to be a little different, and created exactly what I wanted - it was insane - how doe they do that??!! She also found hair extensions that matched my red hair that I've been trying to find for YEARS!! I bought them and used them for the wedding and any other event. Sarah and Dani arrived on my wedding day and did my hair and makeup, my bridesmaids hair and makeup, and the mothers' hair and makeup - everyone was stunning!! Definitely never felt more beautiful and they were extremely friendly on top of it; they truly played a huge part in feeling that my wedding was one of a kind and magical!!

Profile Picture Hannah, 5/6/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, Airbrush Makeup, Brow/Lash Tinting, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup

Carlos did my hair and makeup for both my trial and wedding day and all the hair for my bridesmaids on the wedding day and he was absolutely fantastic. He was professional and a true artist at his trade. My maid of honor called him, "Carlos the magician with magic hands" at one point because we were all so impressed with everyone's hair. He made sure each of us were touched up and looking perfect before pictures, which we all really appreciated. - Modern Bridal Studio was very accommodating and very responsive and attentive. They come highly recommended.

Profile Picture Amanda, 1/14/17, 10 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Blowouts, Updos/Styling, Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists

I'm a wedding planner, and one of my recent brides used Modern Bridal Studio for hair and makeup services for herself and her entire wedding party, including the mothers of the bride and groom. Carolyn was wonderfully responsive for the makeup trial, very willing to work with my bride to marry her everyday no-makeup style and her wishes for a polished, natural look for her wedding day. On the wedding day, Carolyn and Courtney arrived on time and were ready to get to work immediately. Everyone looked beautiful, and seeing my bride beaming upon viewing her finished look was one of the highlights of my day. This was an outdoor wedding in July, and everybody's makeup looked as fresh and lovely at the end of the night as it did when they walked out of hair and makeup earlier in the day. I loved working with Carolyn and her team, and I look forward to our next wedding together.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 7/2/16, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Updos/Styling, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists

I could not have been more pleased with my hair and makeup on my wedding day! As someone who wears minimal makeup on a daily basis, I needed a bit more guidance on my wedding day look, and also wanted to ensure that my look was very natural. Courtney delivered on both counts! She was extremely friendly and professional, and was able to use a few photos to turn my vision into a reality. She also did a fantastic job on my bridesmaids' hair. She was an absolute pleasure to work with!

Profile Picture Kristen, 6/25/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Modern Bridal Studio was a joy to work with. Carolyn and Courtney were extremely responsive. Mine (hair and bridal makeup) and Corina (bridesmaids makeup) were prompt, professional, and both did a great job. During my trial, Mine asked many questions and made sure I was happy with the hair and makeup. On the day of the wedding, Mine and Corina stayed on schedule. Corina created a makeup look for the bridesmaids that was cohesive but worked on several different skin tones. Everyone looked and felt beautiful!

Profile Picture Jessica, 5/14/16, 12 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Updos/Styling, Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists

We used Modern Bridal for bridal hair, airbrushed bridal makeup plus hair and makeup for 6 bridesmaids, the Mother of the bride and the Mother of the Groom. Quality and timeliness was great and everyone loved how they looked. I also did two trials to ensure my hair would be what I wanted on the day of the wedding, and Emine did exactly what I wanted. I also want to note that the makeup artist that was reserved for our wedding ended up having a personal emergency and Carolyn - the owner of Modern Bridal - stepped in last minute and took over all responsibilities. Super experience overall.

Profile Picture User5163114, 2+ years ago, 13 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I used Modern Bridal Studio for my Georgetown wedding in April. They were phenomenal to work with and relatively less expensive than some incumbents in the space based on my research. Everything was kept on schedule the day of (with a few inevitable hiccups/touch ups) and the make up artists were very professional. I felt like such a beautiful bride and my wedding party loved their looks as well! I would definitely recommend this vendor.

Profile Picture Frances, 4/30/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Hair, Makeup, Updos/Styling, Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes

My experience with Modern Bridal Studio was wonderful. Carolyn and her team were so helpful during the booking process and always available to answer questions, and I can't say enough good things about the makeup artist I was assigned, Mandy Hollinger. She did a gorgeous job for both my trial and on my wedding day, and made my mom and bridesmaids look absolutely stunning too. AND she's great company!

Profile Picture Karie, 4/16/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Makeup, Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes

Jacinda was my hair and makeup artist for my wedding day and she is INCREDIBLE! She made my look and feel so beautiful! Jacinda is incredibly talented and professional. I did two pre-trials with Jacinda and she was so helpful in helping me find the perfect look. Jacinda also did the hair for my bridal party and Priscilla did my bridal party's makeup. Everyone looked radiant! I can't recommend Jacinda, Priscilla, and Modern Bridal enough! They are fantastic!

Profile Picture User4743909, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Updos/Styling, Hair, Makeup, Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes

My wife and I cannot say enough good things about Mine - she was absolutely wonderful. During our trial runs, she worked with us to develop the right look for each of us - my hair was down and curled with a flower hair-piece and my wife had a classic and elegant up-due. On our wedding day, she once again executed our hair perfectly, and did an equally amazing job with our makeup, even though we had each decided we wanted it to be a bit different than what we had done during the trial runs. Mine did a wonderful job on our mothers’ and sisters’ hair, and even took the time to re-do my sister’s hair when she changed her mind about what she wanted.

While Mine is clearly a skilled and talented makeup and hair artist, what really made her amazing was her demeanor on the day of our wedding. Getting ready for your wedding is a very intimate event and having a stranger present certainly runs the risk of some awkward moments. This never happened though with Mine. She was professional and focused, allowing us to both talk comfortably with friends and family, and also manage the chaos of people coming and going from our room! At the same time though, she was funny and kind, and easy to talk to. We could not have asked for anyone better.

Profile Picture User5610336, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Blowouts, Updos/Styling, Hair, Makeup

Love the artists at Modern Bridal! It took so much stress out of the wedding morning to be able to get ready in the comfort of the bridal suite, and our hair and makeup looked amazing and held up wonderfully through all of the tears, outdoor pictures, and a raucous dance floor.

Profile Picture Lindsay, 9/19/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Mime from Modern Bridal did hair and makeup for me (the bride), my bridesmaids, and my mother – and it turned out beautifully! She was very professional, listened to what we wanted and made good recommendations about what would look best in photos, and our hair and makeup stayed put all day. The airbrush makeup was great! She did a fabulous job, both at the trial and on the actual day, and the value for money was great. I would highly recommend Modern Bridal for hair and makeup services!

Profile Picture Kelly, 6/12/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Paolina from Modern Bridal Studio did my bridal hair and makeup, as well as my two sisters' hair and makeup. She did such an amazing job on all of us! We could not have been happier with the results. And the hair and makeup stayed put and looked great for the entire night. Paolina did an updo for my hair, which was absolutely beautiful, and she created a natural and soft bridal makeup look. Also, my sister was so happy with her hair and makeup that she said she will want to use Paolina for her future wedding! I highly recommend Paolina and Modern Bridal Studio. Also, it was very easy to work with Carolyn, the owner of Modern Bridal Studio.

Profile Picture User6092839, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Updos/Styling, Fake Lashes, Hair, Makeup

Carolyn and her staff are absolute magicians! They made all of my bridal party feel like total rock stars. They were able to replicate whatever was asked for and also to create new amazing looks when the person was not sure what hair and make-up style to pick. They were also able to work with different types of hair and skin colors with expertise, efficiency and taste. Carolyn was super organized and professional in all of our interactions. They also were a relaxing and fun presence as we got ready for the big day. In short, I cannot recommend Modern Bridal Studio enough!

Profile Picture User5083850, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Emine did hair and makeup for myself, my mom, my sister and my best friend. Each of us couldn't stop talking about how happy we were with our styles and makeup. Our hair and makeup lasted through a long day and evening (along with lots of dancing). Emine was a pleasure to work with, was very responsive to our requests and wishes - I couldn't reccomend her more!

Profile Picture Erin , 4/11/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Carolyn was extremely flexible and easy to work with. I went to her for make-up and hair before a boudoir photo shoot (a wedding gift for my future husband). My make-up was absolutely amazing. I've never looked so good! The make-up was perfect for my pictures! My hair turned out beautiful too! I would highly recommend Carolyn because of her professionalism, flexibility, availability and overall value! She is a really wonderful make-up artist!

Profile Picture User4374954, 2+ years ago, 12 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I was so pleased with my experience with Modern Bridal Studio! Carolyn was very helpful and responsive when I was trying to make up my mind on hair and makeup. Once the style was confirmed after the trial, she was on hand to provide general guidance and field frantic questions and requests. Carolyn and her staff accommodated a ten person bridal party and made the entire process easy, fun, and low-stress. All my needs were met and I would recommend Modern Bridal Studio to anyone without hesitation.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 11/8/14, 8 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I used Modern Bridal Studio for my day of makeup for the bride and bridesmaid. I had Alexis for Hair and Erin for makeup. They were AMAZING, I felt so beautiful on my wedding day and it was in big part by them. Carolyn, the owner, was extremely responsive during the selection and scheduling process making the process pain free.
They both came to my apartment for the trial and listened closely to what I was looking for, and nailed it perfectly. On the day off both Alexis and Erin were timely and professional and they recreated my look from my trial day flawlessly. They also both worked efficiently through my bridesmaid keeping us on track for the daily schedule. They also were so fun to have in the hotel room while we were getting ready!
I highly recommend Modern Bridal Studio. I had a great experience and I can’t thank them enough!

Profile Picture Rachel, 10/25/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I knew that Modern Bridal Studio did an excellent job come wedding day and I was never given a reason to complain during the entire process, but after responding to the rating questions I can really appreciate how WONDERFUL they were! Especially in comparison to some of the other vendors I dealt with. Seriously, Carolyn Berry (the owner) was so quick to respond to my dozens of emails, she was very flexible in the services offered and making changes to the agreement when I ran into some health issues that changed a few things. She was kind, I didn't feel like I was annoying her and the service is really worth the money! I couldn't imagine having to leave the venue to go get my hair and makeup done somewhere else on my wedding day. There was too much going on I definitely would not have made it down the aisle on time.

Also, Stefanie, the artist who did my hair and makeup, was so kind! She was diligent and professional and really worked to create the look I wanted since I skipped the trial session. I thought I was describing the look I wanted by summing it up to "natural" but that was not at all what I wanted after it was done and she addressed each thing I was unhappy with, until I was happy with the overall look! I definitely envisioned a much brighter look than "natural" encompasses and by the time we were finished, I was satisfied. In addition, the picture I supplied for my hairstyle left some mystery because we couldn't really see what was going on in the back of the style, but we discussed what could work for a couple of minutes and she went to work and bam! It was beautiful! I got so many compliments on my hair.

I'm very late in posting this, but I wanted to circle back and review MBS because they really deserve it. The were truly the easiest vendor out of all the vendors I hired and I can't thank them enough!

Profile Picture Cassie, 10/12/14, 2 Reviews