MLH Events Reviews

57 Reviews for MLH Events

57 MLH Events Reviews

Holly Tremiti Palmiere · Married on 09/22/2018

Our wedding was pure magic, all thanks to MLH Events

For those that know me, know that I am a HIGHLY organized and detail oriented person. Therefore, you can imagine how hands on I was with the planning of my wedding. I still felt that I needed professional guidance along the way and on the actual day of. My venue recommended MLH Events to me when I was starting out in the planning stages, and it is the best thing that could have ever happened to us. Megan took note of how involved I was in the details, embraced it, and was on top of her game the entire time. Megan (perfectly) brought our classy/elegant/timeless vision to life. To quote our venue after our wedding took place, "We must tell you that the ballroom has never been decorated like that before. Absolutely immaculate." That is all thanks to Megan. We were able to fill in unique touches such as our wedding favors and wedding song, all thanks to Megan's creative mind and our love for the TV show "Friends." On top of all of these details, Megan had nearly a 300 person wedding to orchestrate with a 24 person bridal party. Numerous vendors too. Let me tell you, she did it beautifully. When it was time to cut the cake, pose for a new picture, enjoy our first dance, whatever it was...it was as if Megan appeared out of thin air like an angel with a gentle reminder over my shoulder, "it's time." That was the greatest gift. I did not have to worry about connecting the dots on the day of my wedding. Megan did it all. I also need to note how phenomenal Megan's assistants were on the day of our wedding. If I needed something, they were RIGHT there every single time and it was taken care of instantly. They were absolutely phenomenal. As an attentive person, I trusted Megan and her team to the point where I could let go of all the structure and planning in my head, and enjoy my wedding day. Our guests are STILL raving about how it was "the best and most beautiful wedding we have ever been to, and we've been to A LOT of weddings!" It truly was the most magical, best day of mine and my husband's life. We owe all of this to MLH Events. At the end, we did not view Megan as our wedding planner. She became part of our family. I highly, HIGHLY recommend MLH Events for ANY kind of wedding. Megan will bring your vision to life. I will forever be dreaming about this perfect day.

MLH Events 5
    MLH Events 6
    MLH Events 7
    MLH Events 8
  • I

Isabelle · Married on 09/15/2018

Amazing Experience!

I chose the whole shebang package from MLH events and it was completely worth it! Megan and her team were absolutely sensational! I had a HUGE family wedding to plan at my parents farm, it was a large task to take on- Megan had to build me a venue from scratch and accommodate A LOT of different ideas and thoughts from my family and she did everything so well! Many of my friends and family said it was one the most unique and well organized weddings they had ever been to. Megan made the day amazing for us, would highly recommend!

Meghan · Married on 08/18/2018

Megan and her team at MLH events were absolutely amazing! We did the wedding coordinator package and it was more helpful than we ever could have expected. Leading up to the wedding Megan made sure that all of the planning was on track and brought up so many details that I never would have thought to think of. After every meeting with Megan I left feeling much more relaxed. My mother and mother in law came to meetings with me, and after every single one they couldn’t help but rave about how great she was. On the wedding day they did an absolutely AMAZING job. From decorating our ceremony and reception venues to making sure all the vendors were where they needed to be they did it all. My husband doubted the need for a coordinator, however, after meeting with her the day before our wedding and seeing her and her team work at our wedding we both agreed that they were the best decision we made throughout the process!

Kim · Married on 08/11/2018

Destination Wedding Perfection - Chicago to the Thousand Islands

Megan at MLH Events was amazing. My husband and I live in Chicago and wanted to get married in the Thousand Islands in New York, near my husband's hometown. Planning afar was overwhelming and I had no idea what I was doing. I found Megan and she was 100% supportive from day 1! She had never been to the wedding venue, but was willing to meet me there 2 weeks before the wedding to hash out any last minute plans. She coordinated the rehearsal practice, contacted all vendors, made the bus schedule, decorated the venue, took down the venue, etc. You name it, she was there! I was stress-free and never worried about a thing! I could not have had such a great wedding day without Megan. I highly recommend MLH Events and Megan!!

MLH Events 9
    MLH Events 10
  • Nina

Nina · Married on 07/28/2018

Megan came recommended through our venue at Redbarn20. Upon our first meeting, I knew I didn’t have to look any further – she was so personable and professional; you could tell that she loves what she does. I am a very anxious planner and Megan was there all along the way to guide me, answers questions, offers suggestions, and meet with me. Our venue was amazing but we did have to bring in all of our own vendors from catering to renting linens, bartenders, and décor – which is a lot to coordinate. Megan made it look easy! When it came time for our wedding weekend – I was able to relax (well as much as a bride could!) because I knew Megan was on top of it. Our bridal party was impressed with her starting with our rehearsal dinner where she had the ceremony process down to a science! As I am not much of a planner or decorator, I gave Megan a lot of freedom to decorate our reception and cocktail hour space. Every time I walked into the venue I was blown away! She spent most of the day before the wedding and the day of making sure this was going to be the wedding of our dreams. It was!! My family, bridal party, and guests were blown away by our wedding and I couldn’t have done it without Megan! She and her staff made sure that no detail went unnoticed and that the timeline moved along flawlessly! Thank you Megan and MLH Events – we are still smiling from ear to ear over our amazing wedding! Nina & Zach

Jane · Married on 07/28/2018

My husband and I became engaged on December 9th 2017...and were planning a July wedding. Being together for eight years made planning our wedding incredibly easy for the two of us ( and by easy I mean we were up late most nights and giving each other congratulatory high fives when we managed to lock something down)...We noticed we were in a pinch when we realized we needed a Day Of coordinator...someone to take the reins and help us get through the day...enter Megan Hiltbrand and MLH Events. Right off the bat, Megan was extremely nice and made us feel at ease. We found her both professional and outgoing, a perfect combination. We actually felt SO comfortable with her that, even though we couldn't meet due to some unforeseen circumstances and wouldn't meet her until the night of our rehearsal, we still had complete faith and trust in her abilities to help us through our day. Megan guided us with such a gentle hand, it was like talking to an old friend. Our favorite thing she ever said to us was, " What's stressing you right now, close your eyes and think about it and just say it. Whatever you say - we will fix it immediately so the stress is gone." ...when we got off the phone we even joked that we wished Megan could come and organize the rest of our lives for us. Choosing Megan to be our coordinator is one of the best decisions we made in our entire wedding process. Between getting in touch with our other vendors to keep the machine running smoothly....to making sure the wedding party was fed and hydrated, it all came together to make the perfect day.

We would absolutely recommend Megan Hiltbrand and MLH Events to any and all who ask - and HAVE!

Alex · Married on 06/23/2018

Megan and her team are simply the best! We had what she calls the Weekend Warrior package and we felt so well supported. I was a nightmare bride in terms of being checked out of the planning process, so Megan was the daughter my mother really needed throughout planning. Fabulous attention to detail and my mother's needs, always one step ahead. I cannot recommend Megan's services enough, she made everything a breeze.

Christina Sprague · Married on 06/23/2018

Megan is the gold standard of events planners

As the MOB, who lived hundreds of miles away from our daughter's wedding venue, hiring Megan and her Weekend Warrior package totally put my mind at ease. Megan was my eyes and ears, dealing with all the vendors, doing the walk through with the caterer, and offering wise guidance many times. Through helpful conference calls leading up to the big day, Megan kept us all focused on the many important details that made for an incredible/joyous celebration. As a former events planner, I know that Megan is the gold standard! I can't recommend her highly enough.

Gabrielle · Married on 09/23/2017

Megan was the best investment to our wedding we could have possibly asked for. We hired her as a day of coordinator, but she was so helpful with all aspects of our planning. When we were having trouble finding pies, she brought some from a place near her for us to try (fantastic pies!). When ever I had a little panic attack about silly things like linen colors, she was there to talk me through it. The day of the wedding I spoke to Megan first thing in the morning and asked what she needed me to do. She said "nothing." And you know what? She was right! I didn't need to worry about one thing with Megan there. My last little antidote was during the reception. I was dancing with my guests and Megan snuck over to me to ask if I wanted to change into my comfy shoes. The thoughtfulness and consideration she had for us was immeasurable. I really can't recommend her enough.

Kayla · Married on 08/19/2017

Megan and MLH worked so hard to make our day perfect - our theme was totally carried out in ways we couldn't imagine! so much care and attention to detail, our personalities came through in the decor in a way we could only hope! Thanks to MLH for being awesome :)

Kate · Married on 06/17/2017

We hired Megan for the "Day of coordination" and it was the best decision we made!! She was so much more than a "day Of coordinator". Our wedding was at a Summer camp. As a Venue it included nothing but the space, which was beautiful but required that we bring everything in ourselves, from linen to serving utensils, to decor. It was a big job and Megan made it seem effortless!! I truly believe that without Megan I could not have done it! She took charge when she needed to and really ran the show so I didn't have to worry about a thing. She brought my vision to life on a blank slate venue and because of her our day was perfect. She is professional but fun and I can tell she truly LOVES her job becasue shows in her work! THANK YOU, MEGAN!!

DJ · Married on 06/03/2017

Megan was an absolute pleasure to work with. As a Events DJ I was very impressed with her and her team. The wedding was so smooth I almost forgot I was working it. Thanks so much DJ Mikey

Ashley · Married on 05/20/2017

Megan at MLH events is truly the answer to all your wedding needs! She and her girls work so well together with making sure your wedding is exactly the day you have dreamt about. She met with my husband and I atleast 3 times. My mom was from out of town and Megan worked with scheduling meetings when she would be in town since she had more of an eye for decor than I did. Megan even came to my apartment 4 days before the wedding and took all of our materials for the reception hall which freed up space we hadn't seen in months! My husband and I had our reception at the local American Legion so megan had her work cut out for her and she rose to the occasion and when I walked into the reception hall I was floored with how gorgeous it looks. Megan has much more of a friendly and humorous personality and is not at all bossy like you might fear having a planner would be like. She reminds you about your schedule while letting you naturally enjoy your guests and your moments. Megan was one of the best investments we made for our wedding.

Jeremy · Married on 11/12/2016

Megan was phenomenal. We had to plan the wedding from out of town and did not want to put the stress on our parents. MLH was a perfect liaison with the local vendors. She listened to all of our requirements and requests, and found vendors who could meet those requirements. She was very responsive even though some of the vendors were not. Her years of experience in the Syracuse area ensured that our 6 month planning period was stress less. She supported all of our visits to the area and highly respected our time. The day of service was a lifesaver. Megan and her team had everything planned out, and we had nothing to worry about. She ensured that we were taken care of at all times. She worked really well with the photographer (which we got separately). I would recommend her to anyone.

Amanda · Married on 10/22/2016

Megan is AMAZING! When I began the wedding planning process, I totally thought I had everything under control. I soon discovered that there are so many details that need to be covered aside from just decor. I am so happy I used Megan. She made sure that every detail was covered from the day leading up to our wedding to the day after. Aside from expanding on my own decor vision to make my wedding day better than imagined, she had the timing, vendors, hospitality, instructions to my bridal party, ceremony details, and much much more covered. Megan thinks of everything but is never overbearing. She is super easy to work with and is a true and talented professional. She came to the rescue more than a couple of times throughout the planning process and on the day of our wedding. You might not know it yet, but you NEED Megan!

Stephanie · Married on 08/13/2016

Megan and her staff were great to work with -- extremely organized, professional and reliable! Megan kept my nerves at ease in the weeks leading up to the wedding and made sure everything ran smoothly the day of. Highly recommended!

rachel · Married on 07/15/2016

When I first began planning my wedding I felt like I had so many ideas that were scattered all over the place, and my mom suggested that we look for help. At first I said no, it was not in the budget; but my mom suggested just a meeting. After the first sit down with Megan, I knew that our wedding would not be complete without her help! We went with the day-of coordination, but I hesitate to say that because I feel like Megan and her assistants did so much more than that. It definitely did fall within the budget, everything from the package we chose to the rentals were very reasonably priced.
    We met at least three times, and communicated over email. I showed her numerous pinterest photos, explained these lavish ideas and always let her know, that by “we” I always meant her since I am the queen of pinterest fails… The different tables I had described to her, the card/advice/jenga game table, the memory table, the seating card table, the entire reception hall, all looked so beautifully put together! And the schedule she gave us, so awesome! My husband made a copy for all of his groomsmen, his family, by family, it was awesome to see the day planned out and knowing specific times for everything.
    The rehearsal the night before and they day-of went by so perfectly. Every time I turned around Megan was there to help out or to ask if I needed anything! While we all know I would be lying if I said I didn’t stress at all, but for the most part, I really did not stress.

Meghan · Married on 07/09/2016

Joe and I picked a venue 8 hours away from where we lived that we had to bring in absolutely everything...every fork, napkin, cube of ice, and even bathrooms. I knew it was going to be near impossible to create my wedding from the distance and it was not easy to put it into someone else's hands. Megan is the only person I would have trusted with our special day. She was so on top of her game, knew answers before I could ask questions, and was able to manage both of our rowdy families. Her creativeness is what sets her apart and her timelines make your other vendors drool with envy. Our day was perfect. Literally, absolutely perfect. People knew looking at the event that this was a Meghan and Joe wedding and not just any wedding. I would call, text, and email with random short thoughts and Megan would turn them into plans and ideas that were beautiful. She took every ounce of stress out of the day and really let us enjoy it and be present with our guests and families. I think that was best part of hiring her to be a part of the day...because of Megan, I was able to relax and enjoy the day as it came to me. I had full confidence that my vision would be created to the best her abilities and they really exceeded all my expectations. Megan and her team are absolutely fantastic and I recommend them more than anything for your wedding.

Natasha · Married on 07/03/2016

Megan at MLH events is awesome!! We hired her for "the whole shebang" package and couldn't be happier!! She made our day absolutely stunning!! It was amazing how well she understood the feeling we wanted to create despite the fumbling descriptions my fiancee and I provided! She picked up so quickly what we were trying to convey - and then she brought it to life! I was also so impressed how she was able to create something so unique - all of her other wedding pictures were amazing and she still had tons of creative ideas!!

She was completely on top of everything during the planning process and was good at communicating what needs to be done when. At the beginning, we were both a little overwhelmed by all the questions (so many details go into the planning process!!) but by the end, we were so happy that Megan had thought of everything.

On the day of the wedding, Megan and her team were there to make sure everything ran smoothly. She had backup phone numbers and plans and backups for the backups!! The day went absolutely flawlessly!! The owner of our venue said she had never seen a wedding go as smoothly as ours did - and we owe it all to Megan!! We feel so lucky that she made our day so perfect - from the smallest decoration details to executing the logistics to making sure we had cocktails during our portrait sessions! She is awesome!! I wish I could hire her to run my life!!

We cannot thank Megan and her staff enough for making our wedding such the amazing day that is was. From the beginning Megan was a true professional and didn't forget a single detail. She came with us to visit our venue (Brewery Ommegang in Cooperstown) and thank god she was there! She asked questions that I didn't even think about and made sure all was planned to perfection. Before the wedding we had several touch base calls and we were continually impressed by her thoroughness and attention to detail. She contacted all of our vendors and was able to convey our visions and expectations perfectly. Megan was also supportive when I was lacking in some decor pieces and added items from her personal stash to add those extra special details!

During the wedding weekend Megan and her staff were absolutely amazing. The weekend timeline she created was impressive and kept us all on track (my mother is still talking about how thorough the timeline was!). She would almost sense that we needed her and would appear out of nowhere with help and guidance! Her and her staff took our vision of a laid back brewery wedding and ran with it. I was over the moon when I saw the tent and how everything came together. Because of Megan and her staff we never worried once about anything other than dancing the night away.

We highly suggest MLH Events for making your wedding a truly stress free day you'll never forget.

Tracy & Jeff

Sarah · Married on 10/10/2015

As soon as we were engaged, I felt extremely overwhelmed with the entire wedding planning process. I met Megan soon after at a bridal show and realized I could use some extra help. We went with the "Whole Shebang" package and Megan guided us every step of the way. She is extremely professional and has amazing ideas. Looking back, I know there is no way I could have done it without her.

The day of our wedding came and I felt extremely relaxed knowing Megan and her team were taking care of everything. Our wedding day was PERFECT from beginning to end. We did not have to worry about a thing. I was blown away at how well everything had come together and how she made my vision for our fall wedding a reality.

Hiring Megan was the best money I have ever spent. She is worth every penny. If you are looking to truly enjoy your wedding day without any stress or worries, you must hire Megan. She's amazing!

Cassie · Married on 09/19/2015

After saying yes to my husband, the next best decision I made was to hire Megan to be our weekend warrior. From the moment I met Megan, I felt at complete ease with the whole wedding planning process. I wanted someone who I could give a few ideas to and would provide me with much more elaborate ideas and suggestions, which is exactly what Megan did. Her professionalism and experience made the whole process so much easier for me. When I first got together with Megan I thought I would just have her for the weekend of our wedding, but our package included so much more. She provided spread sheets, material lists, seating charts, timelines, kept in touch with all of our vendors for us and attended the rehearsal to help us iron every last detail out. She was quick to respond to e-mails and was always available to meet up in person as well.

Knowing I had Megan and MLH events there on the day of our wedding made me feel a little bit more relaxed. If anything had gone wrong, I definitely did not know it. Everything was beyond perfect from the decorations, the set up, the communication between all vendors and employees. You name it and Megan made it happen. She even made sure all of our little requests were done, such as martini glasses on our sweetheart table and signs hung in certain spots. At the end of the night, she loaded everything in our room and we had to worry about literally nothing. All of our family and friends were able to really enjoy themselves and have an amazing time. I honestly cannot imagine what my wedding day would have been like if it were not for Megan. I am so thankful I found her and would recommend her to anyone who is planning a wedding or any other type of event. From the bottom of my heart, thank you for making the start of our happily ever after so perfect!

• W

Whitney · Married on 09/12/2015

I cannot say enough about Megan and the MLH team. My wedding was this past September at the Frog Pond in Skaneateles - a venue that is essentially a blank canvas. Megan made sure we had everything that we needed, she coordinated a timeline with all of our vendors, and ensured that the entire venue looked exactly how we wanted. She was instrumental in making sure our day went off without a hitch - especially after the weather report worsened and we needed last minute tents and heaters. She was absolutely amazing and was wonderful to work with throughout the process. I would recommend her to anyone that is getting married in the Central New York area - she is so worth it and will allow you to relax and actually enjoy your big day because you can be confident that she is handling any issue that comes up!

• I

Ivette · Married on 09/05/2015

Wow!! There are no words to express how thankful I am for the amazing job MLH Events did the day of my wedding.
    MHL Events was very punctual, professional, friendly and understanding. Throughout the wedding process Megan Hiltbrand was always there for me, going way beyond her schedule and hours. Everything was perfect!! It was the best amazing day!!!