MLH Events Reviews

69 | Syracuse, NY

69 Reviews for MLH Events

Susan Hallenbeck · Getting married on 01/05/2021

Hire Megan!

We hired Megan to help with a family wedding in Syracuse, even though none of us live in the area anymore. We hired her to help secure vendors, and to help manage the rehearsal, wedding and reception. She and her team were fantastic in every regard. We hardly knew they were there, but everything was perfect, beautiful, and seamless. We truly could not have achieved the wonderful results without her. She had several meetings with the bride and groom to make sure she understood their vision for the big day, and it clearly showed in the results. Whenever, along the planning way, we had questions, she was quickly available with an answer.
    One small detail, she had requested loose extra flowers from the florist. She arranged these in a sort of carefree way on the head table, and gosh, they were beautiful!
    Again, we cannot thank Megan and her team enough for all of their help. Hire her, and you will have a wonderful, beautiful wedding too!

Sent on 05/31/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 09/21/2019

Thank You MLH Events!

My husband and our families feel SO incredibly lucky to have had Megan as such a special part of our big day! From the moment we met her, we knew that we needed to have her as our coordinator for our wedding at RedBarn20. She and her team were so professional, kind and enthusiastic - we truly could not have asked for more! She and her team were by our sides the entire day and allowed for everything to run smoothly and efficiently. She worked with our fabulous vendors to create the most magical wedding of our dreams. Our decor could not have been more perfect! She made us feel so special, comfortable and relaxed the entire day! Not only did Megan and her team help to create the most beautiful day, but she coordinated with our vendors the week before and the day of, secured my broken bustle, held my dress as we walked the property for our photographs and pinned back my bridesmaids and my hair after a night on the dance floor! We truly cannot speak more highly of this fantastic and kind team of wedding professionals. Thank you, thank you, thank you, for helping to make our day the most magical day we could have ever imagined! We love you!

Sent on 09/24/2019
  • Anna

Anna · Married on 08/30/2019

Could not have done it without her!

Megan was the best thing about my wedding. Without her I would have been stressed out and overwhelmed. She came in, listened to exactly what I wanted and worked with me and my vendors to create a cohesive timeline to fit our day. She was on top of every detail. Due to her my day was perfect! She set up our reception decor perfectly! If there is any tip I can give to a bride to be it is invest in a wedding coordinator, and if you are in the Upstate area, Megan is the way to go!

Sent on 10/09/2019

Chardonnay Fares · Married on 08/25/2019

Megan was an absolute pro-we highly recommend her services!

Even though I plan events for a living when it came to my own wedding I was completely overwhelmed by the amount of decisions and options available. Megan really helped me to clarify and implement my vision. She was also great with all of our family members and friends and made everyone feel special and comfortable.

Sent on 09/27/2019
  • Connor

Connor Clancy · Married on 08/10/2019

Wedding Coordinator, Consultant, and Everything You Need In-Between

Megan and MLH events did an absolutely PHENOMENAL job. Our wedding honestly could not have happened without them.

Even though we only signed up for the wedding coordination services, Megan was very supportive and involved throughout the entire planning process. She was responsive and very available to work with (even long distance as we were in Chicago and having the wedding in the Syracuse area). What I liked most about Megan’s style was she drew the perfect balance between letting us have the wedding we wanted while offering suggestions, recommendations, and her point of view on how the day could go.

When it came time for lights, cameras, action - Megan and team brought their A+ game. Not only did the wedding flow and run seamlessly from rehearsal dinner through goodbye brunch, but Megan and her team rose to the occasion and pulled through in so many beautiful ways. Two that stand out - for me, I was wearing a bow tie and learned as I was getting dressed not one of my groomsman knew how to tie it. Megan was on it and tied the tie for me. She also had grown to intimately know us, and knew I was nervous about how my hair was going to look. Megan constantly before the ceremony came over and adjusted my hair to keep it the way I wanted. On the other hand, she knew my wife was much different than me. Megan didn’t get too much in my wife’s way before the wedding, but came up HUGE when somehow her wedding dress got a dirt stain on it (funny enough, this was concealed from my wife by her bridesmaids - good call!). Megan came with her emergency kit and covered the entire thing - my wife didn’t even know until 2 days later when one of her bridesmaids told her.

In summary, Megan did such a great job getting to know us as individuals and brought that knowledge to bear along with all of her experience. I can’t say enough great things about Megan and her team - that were amazing!!!

Sent on 09/29/2019
  • Craig

Craig Fisher · Married on 07/06/2019

Perfection

Megan helped to make our dream wedding a reality! She is so meticulous with her planning and had every detail nailed down. It was also so clutch to have her there on wedding day. She made the day run flawlessly. I am forever grateful for the experience she helped us have.

Sent on 07/25/2019
  • Katelyn

Katelyn · Married on 06/29/2019

Excellent Service!

We hired Meghan as a day-of coordinator about 3 ½ months before our wedding – after we'd already selected our other vendors, purchased a lot of our decor, and really finalized our vision for the style we wanted. Our venue required we bring everything in and didn’t provide much support, but we were initially thinking we could handle everything ourselves. We are really glad we hired Meghan and didn’t try to DIY the whole thing!

After a few conversations, she had a good handle on what our vision was and she took it to the next level, bringing in additional décor and doing a phenomenal job of styling the décor that we had picked out, suggesting a few details that we had forgotten to plan. She and her team did all the set-up and styling and made sure our venue was absolutely gorgeous on the day of. She also helped us think through the sequence of events for our ceremony and reception, moments for which we needed to select songs, what kind of sound equipment we’d need on site, etc. In addition, she was extremely professional and organized when coordinating things with all of our vendors leading up to the big day, talking through all the logistics with them and making sure they had everything covered. She kept us, our family, the wedding party, and our vendors organized to the minute on the day-of with a very detailed itinerary. Meghan and her team made sure that we were all comfortable and enjoying every detail of our special day. We didn’t have to worry about a thing. She even made sure our marriage certificate was properly signed and sent in to the Town Clerk! (Our officiant was a close friend who’d recently been ordained online and this was his first wedding.) Her team also did the tear down at the end of the night, grouping together everything for the various vendors and us to pick up the next day.

We strongly recommend her to anyone planning a wedding, especially if you’re working in a venue that doesn’t provide that kind of support. She made our day a breeze.

Sent on 07/23/2019
  • casey

casey · Married on 06/15/2019

Look no further, MLH Events is the best!

Megan is wonderful to work with. She is upbeat, enthusiastic, and definitely on top of everything for your big day, and even before. She was able to field any issues that came up, as well as liaison between myself and the various vendors and venue owners. She has an excellent team on the day as well, who were very helpful and kind! I wouldn't have been able to pull it off without her! I highly recommend MLH Events to any bride looking for a coordinator. Megan ROCKS!!

Sent on 08/12/2019
  • Katie

Katie Daly · Married on 05/25/2019

The Key Detail

Every Bride-to-be needs Megan in their wedding planning lives! Megan was truly a joy to work with as a person and a life saver the day of. From the beginning of the planning process to the end, she is there for you and all of your questions/worries. We were a pretty relaxed couple (at least we think we were) when it came to planning, not too tied up in details. At our first meeting, Megan picked up on this and helped us through the process. She thinks of every detail, literally everything, and asks for your opinion. She is very respectful of all of your decisions and does not push anything on you. She will meet with you and your venue liaison all together to ensure no leaf is left unturned. The day of, Megan and her team are there with smiles and water bottles : ) They really make the day stress free knowing there is someone (not the gracious aunt or family friend) to take care of all of the behind the scenes. This key detail made a world of a difference! All of our family and friends were able to enjoy themselves the entire weekend. Our groomsmen nicknamed them "the wedding squad" joking that we had hired secret service for the day. I can't say enough good things about Megan herself and all of the MLH Events team! 100% recommend to everyone for their princess weekend : )

Sent on 06/07/2019

Megan Wheeler · Married on 05/18/2019

Stop looking and hire MLH

I wasn’t sure I needed help from a planner and if it was worth the money but knew I had made the right decision after my first meeting with Megan. She put me right at ease with her experience and confidence! On the day of the wedding (and the week leading up to it) Megan and her team were a well oiled machine! I worried about nothing and neither did my bridal party. They managed everything including a transition from the church to reception, ensured everyone was having a good time and assisted with all the logistics and vendors. It was amazing! I had some many people come up to me afterwards and also rave about Megan- they were so impressed with how fantastic they were and how they helped bring my wedding vision to life. I can’t thank her enough for all she did to make our day so special!!

Sent on 05/28/2019
  • Lindsey

Lindsey Costello · Married on 10/07/2018

The best decision we ever made

Don't look any further, HIRE MEGAN!! I can't say enough about her, and neither can all of the people involved in our big day! From our other vendors, our parents, the wedding party, and our guests - everyone was SO impressed with Megan and her team. Any time we brought Megan's name up to a potential vendor, they would tell us we made the right choice and how on top of her game she is. They were 110% correct. She was so professional, knowledgeable, quick yet calm. You ask her a question, she gives you an answer, and it will be the right one. She knows her stuff, okay? GO WITH MEGAN. You will not be disappointed. She will absolutely exceed your expectations. I would scream this from the mountaintops a million times over if I could!

Sent on 12/03/2018

Holly Tremiti Palmiere · Married on 09/22/2018

Our wedding was pure magic, all thanks to MLH Events

For those that know me, know that I am a HIGHLY organized and detail oriented person. Therefore, you can imagine how hands on I was with the planning of my wedding. I still felt that I needed professional guidance along the way and on the actual day of. My venue recommended MLH Events to me when I was starting out in the planning stages, and it is the best thing that could have ever happened to us. Megan took note of how involved I was in the details, embraced it, and was on top of her game the entire time. Megan (perfectly) brought our classy/elegant/timeless vision to life. To quote our venue after our wedding took place, "We must tell you that the ballroom has never been decorated like that before. Absolutely immaculate." That is all thanks to Megan. We were able to fill in unique touches such as our wedding favors and wedding song, all thanks to Megan's creative mind and our love for the TV show "Friends." On top of all of these details, Megan had nearly a 300 person wedding to orchestrate with a 24 person bridal party. Numerous vendors too. Let me tell you, she did it beautifully. When it was time to cut the cake, pose for a new picture, enjoy our first dance, whatever it was...it was as if Megan appeared out of thin air like an angel with a gentle reminder over my shoulder, "it's time." That was the greatest gift. I did not have to worry about connecting the dots on the day of my wedding. Megan did it all. I also need to note how phenomenal Megan's assistants were on the day of our wedding. If I needed something, they were RIGHT there every single time and it was taken care of instantly. They were absolutely phenomenal. As an attentive person, I trusted Megan and her team to the point where I could let go of all the structure and planning in my head, and enjoy my wedding day. Our guests are STILL raving about how it was "the best and most beautiful wedding we have ever been to, and we've been to A LOT of weddings!" It truly was the most magical, best day of mine and my husband's life. We owe all of this to MLH Events. At the end, we did not view Megan as our wedding planner. She became part of our family. I highly, HIGHLY recommend MLH Events for ANY kind of wedding. Megan will bring your vision to life. I will forever be dreaming about this perfect day.

Sent on 10/19/2018
  • I

Isabelle · Married on 09/15/2018

Amazing Experience!

I chose the whole shebang package from MLH events and it was completely worth it! Megan and her team were absolutely sensational! I had a HUGE family wedding to plan at my parents farm, it was a large task to take on- Megan had to build me a venue from scratch and accommodate A LOT of different ideas and thoughts from my family and she did everything so well! Many of my friends and family said it was one the most unique and well organized weddings they had ever been to. Megan made the day amazing for us, would highly recommend!

Sent on 10/20/2018

Meghan · Married on 08/18/2018

Megan and her team at MLH events were absolutely amazing! We did the wedding coordinator package and it was more helpful than we ever could have expected. Leading up to the wedding Megan made sure that all of the planning was on track and brought up so many details that I never would have thought to think of. After every meeting with Megan I left feeling much more relaxed. My mother and mother in law came to meetings with me, and after every single one they couldn’t help but rave about how great she was. On the wedding day they did an absolutely AMAZING job. From decorating our ceremony and reception venues to making sure all the vendors were where they needed to be they did it all. My husband doubted the need for a coordinator, however, after meeting with her the day before our wedding and seeing her and her team work at our wedding we both agreed that they were the best decision we made throughout the process!

Sent on 08/28/2018

Kim · Married on 08/11/2018

Destination Wedding Perfection - Chicago to the Thousand Islands

Megan at MLH Events was amazing. My husband and I live in Chicago and wanted to get married in the Thousand Islands in New York, near my husband's hometown. Planning afar was overwhelming and I had no idea what I was doing. I found Megan and she was 100% supportive from day 1! She had never been to the wedding venue, but was willing to meet me there 2 weeks before the wedding to hash out any last minute plans. She coordinated the rehearsal practice, contacted all vendors, made the bus schedule, decorated the venue, took down the venue, etc. You name it, she was there! I was stress-free and never worried about a thing! I could not have had such a great wedding day without Megan. I highly recommend MLH Events and Megan!!

Sent on 10/22/2018
  • Nina

Nina · Married on 07/28/2018

Megan came recommended through our venue at Redbarn20. Upon our first meeting, I knew I didn’t have to look any further – she was so personable and professional; you could tell that she loves what she does. I am a very anxious planner and Megan was there all along the way to guide me, answers questions, offers suggestions, and meet with me. Our venue was amazing but we did have to bring in all of our own vendors from catering to renting linens, bartenders, and décor – which is a lot to coordinate. Megan made it look easy! When it came time for our wedding weekend – I was able to relax (well as much as a bride could!) because I knew Megan was on top of it. Our bridal party was impressed with her starting with our rehearsal dinner where she had the ceremony process down to a science! As I am not much of a planner or decorator, I gave Megan a lot of freedom to decorate our reception and cocktail hour space. Every time I walked into the venue I was blown away! She spent most of the day before the wedding and the day of making sure this was going to be the wedding of our dreams. It was!! My family, bridal party, and guests were blown away by our wedding and I couldn’t have done it without Megan! She and her staff made sure that no detail went unnoticed and that the timeline moved along flawlessly! Thank you Megan and MLH Events – we are still smiling from ear to ear over our amazing wedding! Nina & Zach

Sent on 08/07/2018

Jane · Married on 07/28/2018

My husband and I became engaged on December 9th 2017...and were planning a July wedding. Being together for eight years made planning our wedding incredibly easy for the two of us ( and by easy I mean we were up late most nights and giving each other congratulatory high fives when we managed to lock something down)...We noticed we were in a pinch when we realized we needed a Day Of coordinator...someone to take the reins and help us get through the day...enter Megan Hiltbrand and MLH Events. Right off the bat, Megan was extremely nice and made us feel at ease. We found her both professional and outgoing, a perfect combination. We actually felt SO comfortable with her that, even though we couldn't meet due to some unforeseen circumstances and wouldn't meet her until the night of our rehearsal, we still had complete faith and trust in her abilities to help us through our day. Megan guided us with such a gentle hand, it was like talking to an old friend. Our favorite thing she ever said to us was, " What's stressing you right now, close your eyes and think about it and just say it. Whatever you say - we will fix it immediately so the stress is gone." ...when we got off the phone we even joked that we wished Megan could come and organize the rest of our lives for us. Choosing Megan to be our coordinator is one of the best decisions we made in our entire wedding process. Between getting in touch with our other vendors to keep the machine running smoothly....to making sure the wedding party was fed and hydrated, it all came together to make the perfect day.

We would absolutely recommend Megan Hiltbrand and MLH Events to any and all who ask - and HAVE!

Sent on 08/25/2018

Alex · Married on 06/23/2018

Megan and her team are simply the best! We had what she calls the Weekend Warrior package and we felt so well supported. I was a nightmare bride in terms of being checked out of the planning process, so Megan was the daughter my mother really needed throughout planning. Fabulous attention to detail and my mother's needs, always one step ahead. I cannot recommend Megan's services enough, she made everything a breeze.

Sent on 07/17/2018

Christina Sprague · Married on 06/23/2018

Megan is the gold standard of events planners

As the MOB, who lived hundreds of miles away from our daughter's wedding venue, hiring Megan and her Weekend Warrior package totally put my mind at ease. Megan was my eyes and ears, dealing with all the vendors, doing the walk through with the caterer, and offering wise guidance many times. Through helpful conference calls leading up to the big day, Megan kept us all focused on the many important details that made for an incredible/joyous celebration. As a former events planner, I know that Megan is the gold standard! I can't recommend her highly enough.

Sent on 10/31/2018

Gabrielle · Married on 09/23/2017

Megan was the best investment to our wedding we could have possibly asked for. We hired her as a day of coordinator, but she was so helpful with all aspects of our planning. When we were having trouble finding pies, she brought some from a place near her for us to try (fantastic pies!). When ever I had a little panic attack about silly things like linen colors, she was there to talk me through it. The day of the wedding I spoke to Megan first thing in the morning and asked what she needed me to do. She said "nothing." And you know what? She was right! I didn't need to worry about one thing with Megan there. My last little antidote was during the reception. I was dancing with my guests and Megan snuck over to me to ask if I wanted to change into my comfy shoes. The thoughtfulness and consideration she had for us was immeasurable. I really can't recommend her enough.

Sent on 01/08/2018

Alana · Married on 08/26/2017

When I started planning my wedding, like everyone else I started getting a ton of ideas from Pinterest. However, I was starting to become really overwhelmed with not only the amount of work that goes into wedding planning, but also with trying to put together all of my ideas (or lack thereof) into a cohesive event that fit our style. My husband, parents, and I all agree that hiring MLH Events to help plan my wedding was the best thing we could have done. Megan met with us several times to talk through everything from start to finish and brought up many things that we had totally forgotten to consider. She gave us a lot of great design ideas and had a ton of rental items which saved us time and money once we started getting into the little design details. She came up with the perfect timeline for our whole wedding weekend and she also coordinated with all of our vendors to make sure that everyone was on the same page (many of whom she already had a great relationship with). I also couldn't imagine not having her and her team there on our wedding day. We didn't have to worry about a thing because they were at our venue all day bringing everything together even more beautifully than we had pictured. They also stayed through the entire reception to make sure everything flowed smoothly and that all the candles stayed lit, etc. There is no way we could have pulled off such an amazingly beautiful wedding by ourselves and we would highly recommend hiring MLH Events to anyone who is even the slightest bit stressed out from wedding planning!!

Sent on 10/12/2017

Kayla · Married on 08/19/2017

Megan and MLH worked so hard to make our day perfect - our theme was totally carried out in ways we couldn't imagine! so much care and attention to detail, our personalities came through in the decor in a way we could only hope! Thanks to MLH for being awesome :)

Sent on 10/18/2017

Kate · Married on 06/17/2017

We hired Megan for the "Day of coordination" and it was the best decision we made!! She was so much more than a "day Of coordinator". Our wedding was at a Summer camp. As a Venue it included nothing but the space, which was beautiful but required that we bring everything in ourselves, from linen to serving utensils, to decor. It was a big job and Megan made it seem effortless!! I truly believe that without Megan I could not have done it! She took charge when she needed to and really ran the show so I didn't have to worry about a thing. She brought my vision to life on a blank slate venue and because of her our day was perfect. She is professional but fun and I can tell she truly LOVES her job becasue shows in her work! THANK YOU, MEGAN!!

Sent on 10/06/2017

DJ · Married on 06/03/2017

Megan was an absolute pleasure to work with. As a Events DJ I was very impressed with her and her team. The wedding was so smooth I almost forgot I was working it. Thanks so much DJ Mikey

Sent on 06/06/2017

Ashley · Married on 05/20/2017

Megan at MLH events is truly the answer to all your wedding needs! She and her girls work so well together with making sure your wedding is exactly the day you have dreamt about. She met with my husband and I atleast 3 times. My mom was from out of town and Megan worked with scheduling meetings when she would be in town since she had more of an eye for decor than I did. Megan even came to my apartment 4 days before the wedding and took all of our materials for the reception hall which freed up space we hadn't seen in months! My husband and I had our reception at the local American Legion so megan had her work cut out for her and she rose to the occasion and when I walked into the reception hall I was floored with how gorgeous it looks. Megan has much more of a friendly and humorous personality and is not at all bossy like you might fear having a planner would be like. She reminds you about your schedule while letting you naturally enjoy your guests and your moments. Megan was one of the best investments we made for our wedding.

Sent on 06/17/2017