Mission Point Resort Reviews

59 Reviews for Mission Point Resort

• Pam

Pam Anderson · Getting married on 12/05/2020

A Perfect Day

In May of 2019 my fiancé and I eloped at the beautiful Mission Point Resort. The day was flawless due to the attention, consideration, and professionalism of the staff. Mission Point offered a complete package which included the use of their lake front gazebo, a warm and kind pastor(Marie) who performed our nuptials, stunning brides flowers and a boutonniere from St Ignace in Bloom, an absolutely fabulous dinner with wine from chef Matthew, and an out in this world multi layered wedding cake! Lindsay from Mission Point coordinated everything, and she was outstanding!
    It was wonderful to have everything I needed for my wedding day all at the resort. The lovely girls at the The Mission Point Spa did a fantastic job styling my hair and applying my make up for my special day. (not included in the package) One of the best experiences of having our wedding at Mission Point was we arrived as hotel guests but we left as friends.

Sent on 02/04/2020
  • Catherine

Catherine Cichon · Married on 09/26/2020

Dream Wedding!! Can we do it again??!

I cannot recommend planning a wedding with Mission Point more. Working with Michaelena and Andrea was a dream. They were extremely attentive and accommodating especially since we were planning in a middle of a pandemic. They kept me up to date with the ever changing government restrictions. We had the best day celebrating with 110 of our closest family and friends. Mission Point is beautiful, we had our rehearsal dinner on the Promenade Deck and our reception in the Cyprus Room. With the groom coming from Chicago we worked with the chef to have a Chicago hot dog and Detroit Coney bar for our late night food. I wish we could do it all again, they really made us feel like family.

Sent on 10/04/2020
  • Taylor

Taylor Atkins · Married on 09/17/2020

Mission Point

Michaelena and Andrea are PHENOMENAL. We can truly not thank them enough! Everything went together so smoothly and flawlessly. Beyond happy with how our wedding turned out. Our guests cannot stop talking about it!

Sent on 09/21/2020
  • Jenna

Jenna · Married on 09/11/2020

Intimate Wedding with Ease

After canceling our wedding 2x due to covid, the pro-team at Mission Point finally helped us make our wedding dream a reality.

Part 1: The Resort -- The nearly 20 acre property is incredible and couldn't be more picturesque (see photos from lawn of our ceremony). It's main competitor on Mackinac Island is the famous Grand Hotel. It has the Grand beat in so many areas - price, relaxing/not stuffy vibe, and location right on the water. We love how dog friendly the resort is - our golden retriever (and best man), Mickey, made friends with Nick, the resort mascot (I believe an Australian Shephard who is incredible and his owner is the amazingly kind concierge). This place is hands down one of the top 5 places we've ever stayed.

Part 2: The Wedding Planning & Executing Staff -- Michaelena Waite & Andrea Crawford are the power duo of wedding planning. Picture the exact opposite of Franck Eggelhoffer & Howard Weinstein from Father of the Bride. They were not pushy, stressful, demanding at all! Throughout the process, the continually amazed my husband and I with their unending kindness, patience, ability to help guide us the best decision, and in no small feat - navigate continually changing covid regulations! They are the real deal - I can't imagine anyone being better at their jobs than these two. They helped us turn a non-traditional room on the property (see photo of reception) into our ideal intimate wedding venue, were our advocates throughout the process, and talented beyond belief. Whatever they make, they should get a raise for the ridiculous year with which they have had to navigate keeping a full wedding docket planned and executed during this ever changing, world of unknowns we are all living in that is 2020 with the coronavirus. They navigate this with a grace and professionalism that is unmatched. If it isn't clear yet, I think the world of them both, as does my husband and any of our wedding guests who interacted with them. You will not regret having your wedding here, as this power duo will make sure it is a seamless, enjoyable, and stress free event for you. Also, shoutout to the great bartender we had and the excellent servers for our reception - they were all wonderful. They even packaged up the leftover charceuterie from the cocktail hour for my dad to pick up the next day so nothing was wasted.

Part 3: The Salon: This will be the only negative part of my review. As this was a covid wedding, and we had no idea who would be able to show up, we did not have a bridal party. I simply wanted my mom and I to get our makeup done and get blowouts for our hair. I reached out via phone and email numerous times to the salon, and everytime was responded with a lengthy multiple pages long wedding contract. Weeks before our wedding and with a dog going through chemo treatments, while working full time, reading through a lengthy contract just to have my hair blowdried for some volume and some makeup put on was just not something I could add to my plate. I reiterated this numerous times. To get around this, my sister in law was making appointments for her and her sister, and my mother in law to get blowouts, so she just added my mom and I to her appointment so that we could get an appointment without having to go through the lengthy contract. I then made makeup appointments for my mom and I without mentioning the wedding. Day of, they overhear that we are here for a wedding, and when my mom is checking out, trying to pay for her and my services, she is told that it's a wedding contract and she has to pay for EVERYONE and there's an automatic 25% gratuity applied. I was already out the door to have my best friend who was a stylist fix my hair as the stylist (*who was very sweet and did a great job on my makeup) while doing my hair used a 1/4" barrel curling iron on me after I asked her not to and said I was going for big volume, not small curls - I came out looking like Shirley Temple and was going to just shower my hair to get it out and start over (see photo of my dog and I to view hair I left salon with and then photo of my friend redoing my hair in the bathroom to see what it ended up looking like). This redoing of my hair left my husband with 15 minutes for a first look before our ceremony began, instead of the hour ahead we had planned. It was the only stressful part of the day. Had I been there while my mom was checking out, I would have made sure she did not pay the entire tab for my two sister in laws and mother in law, in addition to her and I. My mom had already helped out in numerous ways with our wedding expenses and this was just one thing that I had ACTIVELY avoided having her pay for by not signing a wedding contract since we did not have a bridal party or the typical wedding related expenses. I would avoid the salon as it was a very backhanded way that they forced my mom to pay for everything, when we had each planned on paying for our own and made our appointments so that we could do just that. My mom couldn't exactly have any class if she were to say to my in law family "please pay your share" after the salon tells them my mom had it all covered, so she just paid it and told me about it later.

Everything else about the experience at Mission Point was 10/10. We hope to go back and celebrate there often!

Sent on 10/03/2020
  • Jessica

Jessica Heichel · Married on 08/15/2020

A perfect intimate outdoor summer wedding

We had great service with our wedding planner (Jen L) at Mission Point. We planned an intimate wedding in the middle of a pandemic and it was nothing short of spectacular. Jen took care of everything and made sure I didn't forget any details. She was easy to work with and very helpful in the planning phase and was there every step of the way during our stay and our wedding. I had never stayed at Mission Point but chose them because they are so dog friendly and we brought our dog. The grounds of this resort are nothing short of awe-inspiring. The resort has beautiful views of the lake and has modern rooms with classic charm. The food is great and everyone who stayed at the resort absolutely loved it. We can't wait to return in the years to come.

Sent on 10/19/2020

Taylor · Married on 10/06/2019

A wonderful mini-destination wedding location!

The individuals at Mission Point were wonderful to work with. As a destination location for the wedding, they were highly responsive to emails through the planning process. They were highly accommodating when dates/times to go up there were a challenge to plan on our part.

I received numerous compliments about how well Kristen and her team coordinated the events of the day, along with the quality of the food served at the reception, and the friendliness of the wait staff and bartenders at the reception.

I would highly recommend looking into Mission Point as a wedding venue-- my husband and I have no regrets and only happy memories!

Sent on 10/29/2019

Ashley Driscoll · Married on 08/23/2019

August 23rd, 2019 Wedding

Having our wedding a Mission Point was one of the best decisions we've ever made. My husband and I knew we wanted a "destination" wedding and Mackinac Island was the perfect option for us. From beginning to end our experience was enjoyable, and every person we came in contact with during the planning process was great. Our wedding coordinator Kristen was an absolute dream to work with. She was more than willing to answer all of my questions (there were A LOT), and was very timely with her responses. She helped to coordinate our rehearsal as well which was great since we did not hire a wedding coordinator outside of Mission Point. The night before our wedding she even helped us set up, staying well beyond the end of her day, and the next day helped us pack everything up. Any future bride will be extremely lucky to work with her! Every small detail was attended to and our reception venue, the Cypress Room was breathtaking. Having the option to have our cocktail hour on the deck was very convenient and our guests loved it. We got so many compliments about the friendliness of the staff at the reception as well as how amazing the food was. The banquet menu offers a large variety of options to fit the needs of most any guest, they are great about accommodating allergies as well! The bartenders at the reception were amazing, and by the end of the night were out on the dance floor with us! Wedding planning can be very stressful, but the entire staff (hotel, servers, bartenders, coordinators, etc.) at Mission Point made it so pleasant. We are so grateful for Mission Point helping us to create an experience we (or our guests) will NEVER forget! Best. Day. Ever. We plan on going back every year for our anniversary.

Sent on 09/12/2019

Sarah Wilkins · Married on 06/14/2019

Beautiful Reception

Originally, my husband and I planned to have our wedding at the Promenade Deck. However, Mackinac was unseasonably cold/rainy so we had to move inside. Our original back up location wasn't quite large enough so we were moved into the Cypress Room. It was a beautiful space. Lindsay even went the extra mile to make sure we got the beautiful cafe lights. It was a blessing in disguise because we ended up loving the Cypress Room more than the Deck. Everyone at Mission Point is incredibly friendly. They worked well with our wedding planner, Carole. We started our day at the salon and the staff was incredibly talented. When arriving at the reception, everything was set up perfectly. The food was amazing. All of our guests loved the stations (especially the potato bar and dessert bar.) Beautiful location on the water. We loved that it is a short walk/carriage ride from Ste. Anne Church. We had 50 guests.

Sent on 06/26/2019

Marta · Married on 09/28/2018

Layne and Mission Point Resort did an excellent job with our island wedding. They were always responsive and helped us make sure every detail worked beautifully. The venue is rustic elegance...absolutely perfect for a Mackinac wedding! Our guests were delighted with the Cypress Room, the food and the service. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 10/02/2018
  • Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 08/25/2018

Amazing Experience!

Mackinac Island has always been my families favorite vacation spot, we routinely visit the island multiple times per year. My husband and I got engaged at Arch Rock and it was only fitting to be married on the island as well. We didn’t even look at other venues, always knew it would be Mission Point. We had a perfect wedding week on the island and have nothing but amazing things to say about Lindsey, the mission point staff, and our entire wedding planning experience. We live 4.5 hours away from the island, visited the venue 2 times during planning, otherwise communicated via email, and it was so unbelievably easy to plan, everything was exactly as I had pictured in my head. I was also amazed at how seamlessly the staff made the ceremony venue switch due to rain, I was very nervous about the weather but the promenade deck with tent and lights was so gorgeous! We were also amazed at how easy it was to send all of the wedding items to mission point from the ferry and we never had to worry about them again, even after the reception ended we never lifted a finger and everything was sent right back over to the mainland! Lindsey Marks was absolutely amazing to work with! I would recommend Mission Point to anyone wanting to get married on Mackinac Island, you will not be disappointed. 😊

Sent on 10/20/2018

Patricia · Married on 08/19/2018

Mission Point is great to work with and the venue is stunning

Our wedding reception was at Mission Point on the Promenade Deck and it was just perfect. We had a cocktail hour and a sit down dinner and the food was excellent. The site was beautiful, with flowers planted around the venue and there was a magnificent view of the lake. We worked with Lindsey Marks to plan and execute the wedding and she was a dream to work with. She was always available, always helpful, and always pleasant. She was always able to answer questions and had many good suggestions. Our guests were impressed and we were very pleased.

Sent on 10/31/2018

Marcy C. · Married on 08/18/2018

Wonderful Venue

We were married at the Gazebo and our reception was on the Promenade Deck. Both locations were gorgeous! Food was delicious and plentiful. Layne was responsive to all of my questions. We never considered any other location on the island for our wedding. I really appreciated that they provide alternate locations for both ceremony and reception in the event of inclement weather.

Sent on 10/29/2018

Sarah · Married on 08/11/2018

Absolutely amazing!

My husband and I were dating long distance for a few years before we got engaged on Mackinac Island. So, when it came time to pick a location for our wedding, we both agreed that Mackinac Island would be perfect. Mission Point Resort offered a wide range of options for all of the events we were wanting to host for our out-of-state guests. We had a welcome reception/rehearsal dinner in the Colonial room, our ceremony at the gazebo, our reception in the Cypress room, and a farewell brunch at the courtside patio. Our coordinators were extremely helpful and we were able to personalize everything exactly how we wanted, down to the smallest details- we even built our own menus for each event. The staff went above and beyond to make sure all of our guests had a wonderful time, and that my husband and I had the best weekend ever. It was such an unforgettable experience and I HIGHLY recommend Mission Point for anyone wanting to get married on the island.

Sent on 11/04/2018

Alyssa · Married on 08/04/2018

Mission Point Resort went above and beyond to make our wedding day exactly how we wanted it to be. They worked well with our outside vendors and got everything set up perfectly. Their staff was there will the answers to all questions we had. They truly made it feel like we were their top priority, even when there were several weddings happening that day at Mission Point. I would recommend Mission Point Resort to anyone. We had our ceremony at the Gazebo and our reception in Cypress Room (all their other reception locations were amazing as well!).

Sent on 10/11/2018
  • Alicia

Alicia Brimmell · Married on 06/24/2018

Extremely Accommodating and such a Beautiful venue

Mission point was very accommodating and easy to work with. They are one of the few hotels on the Island that are dog friendly and will provide a backup incase of bad weather. Our coordinator Lindsey was absolutely amazing, she responded to emails quickly which made it easy planning for a Mackinac Island wedding in Detroit. She worked with my husband and I to even accommodate our dog that was in our wedding. All the staff was absolutely amazing Lindsey to the wait staff and bartenders. Don’t get me started on how amazing the food was and if you can go to the Mission Point wedding show like we did it helps with the rest of the vendors you may need for your special day let alone to sample the food Mission Point has to offer. I would recommend Mission Point for not only a wedding but any event.

Sent on 10/26/2018
  • Andi6688

Andrea · Married on 10/07/2017

We had a wonderful experience with everyone at mission point for our wedding reception. Arcadia made sure the day ran smoothly and that all of the small things were taken care of. We would highly recommend booking them. It was or dream wedding and everyone is still talking about how much they loved our venue and the party we threw. Thank you to the whole crew at mission point.

Sent on 11/12/2017

Sandra · Married on 08/06/2017

Mission Point delivered on the ultimate Mackinac Island wedding experience! The property is gorgeous, the staff friendly, welcoming, and responsive. Rylin was our main point of contact throughout the process. She was responsive to all of my questions during the planning process. Our rehearsal dinner was supposed to be outdoors but an unexpected, early August cool front came through. Rylin and her staff were ready with a perfect backup location. The food for was amazing for both the rehearsal and the wedding day. Rylin and her team were amazing through the planning process and the weekend of the wedding. From the housekeeping staff to the wait staff...I cannot say enough good things about them all. After 5 days there, I felt like some had become my friends! All of our guests have told us our wedding is in their top 5 best weddings ever attended and Mission Point and the staff played a huge roll in that. Because of the excellent service, I was able to enjoy every moment of the weekend, stress-free (it's hard to believe but it's true)! Thank you Rylin, Maxine, and all of the staff at Mission Point!

Sent on 09/01/2017

Kate · Married on 08/05/2017

Our wedding at Mission Point was an absolute dream and I can not say enough about the resort, as well as the staff who helped us pull it off! We worked with Arcadia who was such a pleasure to work with. She and the whole team (including all of the amazing staff at the Lakeside Salon & Spa!) put up with our countless emails and executed our wedding perfectly. The entire weekend was seamless. When the forecast called for rain during our previously scheduled outdoor rehearsal dinner, the entire event was moved indoors without a hitch and was even better than the originally planned venue!
    If you are thinking about getting married on Mackinac Island, Mission Point is the place to do it!

Sent on 08/18/2017

Erin · Married on 07/28/2017

I can't say enough wonderful things about Mission Point and their team; they were a pleasure to work with from day one. The ceremony and reception venue were beautiful and they helped us create the look and feel we wanted. Our wedding coordinator was so kind and responsive, she got back to me with any questions immediately, I felt like they had everything under control and I didn't have to stress.
    The food was great, everything from the rehearsal dinner, to the cocktail hour and reception dinner, our guests praised every part. The staff was wonderful, anything we needed they were there to help and make sure we were well taken care of.
    The location itself is beautiful, the grounds are so well maintained and the resort is warm and welcoming. The staff and all the help we had from Mission Point made the day easy so we could focus on the ones we love and not worry about a thing.
    For our wedding, Mission Point was truly magical!

Sent on 08/03/2017

Cara · Married on 06/10/2017

My husband and I were just married at Mission Point Resort. All of our guests loved the resort and couldn’t stop talking about how beautiful and elegant everything was. All of the staff took such great care of us and made us feel like the most special people on earth! Rylin especially made our wedding weekend perfect. Every step of the way, Rylin answered every question I had (including the many months leading up to the wedding) and helped to plan out our day perfectly. On the day of the wedding, she went above and beyond and I felt totally at ease with her coordinating the day. The food was delicious, and the dinner staff were extremely professional and courteous. As for the guest rooms, they were very comfortable and clean. The Hunt Suite was gorgeous and spacious, with plenty of seating and room for the bridesmaids to gather and get ready for the wedding. Some people may comment on the rooms needing to be updated, but the entire island feels as if it is set in the 1920s. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and true to the history of the island. We will definitely be coming back here!

Sent on 07/07/2017

Rebecca · Married on 06/03/2017

Having our wedding at Mission Point was one of the best decisions we made. The wedding coordinators at Mission Point are second to none. They work tirelessly to ensure that all of your events go off without a hitch. They are very responsive to any request, regardless of how big or small it is, and make the effort to get to know the couple and their wedding vision. The food and beverages were excellently crafted and delicious. Plus the spaces for a ceremony and reception are stunning and well organized. Having our wedding at Mission Point made for a relaxing and stress free experience. And your guests will love Mission Point for so many reasons. There are so many restaurants and shops on the property, as well as a plethora of fun activities and rentals to for them to choose from. Your guests will never be bored or go hungry! The staff is incredibly friendly and willing to go above and beyond to ensure that every one of your guests is happy and cared for. We highly recommend choosing Mission Point as the location to have your wedding.

Sent on 06/13/2017

Elisa · Married on 09/17/2016

We had our rehearsal dinner and reception at Mission Point. The outdoor promenade deck was a stunning rehearsal dinner venue with the beautiful view of the great lawn and Mackinac Straits. The food was delicious and planning was very easy with the Mission Point wedding and events staff. Our reception was in the Cypress Room which had a perfect rustic yet elegant up north feel. We loved having the attached outdoor patio and deck which we used for our cocktail hour and for guests to mingle and get fresh air during the reception. Our reception was gorgeously decorated with cafe lights, gold chiavari chairs and gold chargers (all of which was provided by Mission Point). Our food was delicious and the chefs made accommodations for some food allergies and special diets. Mission Point had the perfect up north and historic feel for our wedding while being classy and elegant. Thanks to the helpful Mission Point staff that assisted us with coordination and planning! We would not have had our wedding anywhere else! It was perfect!

Sent on 10/22/2016

Jennifer · Married on 09/05/2016

Mission Point was a great location for both our wedding and reception. The gazebo area is so beautiful there is no need for additional decorations and the views of the lake from the Cypress room are incredible. Also, both Megan and Katie are great to work with and extremely responsive which is a plus when trying to plan a destination wedding.

Sent on 09/30/2016

Jon · Married on 09/06/2015

My wife and I just returned from our wedding weekend at Mission Point. We had such an amazing experience that we had to share it right away. We had worked with Megan Bennington for months on the details of the wedding, and we arrived feeling confident that she had everything under control and that the entire weekend would fall into place nicely. We were not disappointed!

We had planned a bike rally and lawn games the day before the ceremony. Once again, the staff was incredibly helpful in making our events a success. While we enjoyed a leisurely ride around the island, the staff was setting up a beautiful refreshment area on the lawn that was ready and waiting for us at the end of the ride. Our guests thoroughly enjoyed the afternoon of games, drinks, and snacks.

The following day, our ceremony at the gazebo and our reception in the Cypress Room went off beautifully. Katie Brew and Brandon Sheldon coordinated the entire ceremony and helped us avoid a couple self-imposed hiccups. They were like mission control for our wedding! They also ensured that the room was set up exactly to our liking. We didn’t even have a chance to check the room before our reception (apparently wedding days get really busy!!), but we never once had any worries that things wouldn’t be perfect. Once again they outdid themselves! The room decor and the table setup was even better than we expected. Between the Mission Point staff and our florist, the space looked and felt amazing!

The food and service at our reception was also incredible. All of our guests commented on how delicious the food was, and all of the servers went above and beyond to make sure everyone was happy. Ava took care of the head table, and she was so sweet to all of us! She continued to check in with us throughout the evening, and made sure we had everything possible to ensure a great time was had by all.

Overall, we couldn’t be happier with Mission Point!

Sent on 09/13/2015