Miss Harlequin Reviews

53 Reviews for Miss Harlequin

• Sophia

Sophia · Married on 10/11/2020

Perfect In Every Way

I wanted a modern and effortless look for my wedding and Lucy nailed it. Sometimes, it takes a lot of effort to look effortless and she was one of the few people who had the skills and taste level to make it happen. On our wedding day, Lucy arrived promptly at our apartment at 7am. An hour and half later, I had a golden glow and the perfect pony tail. My hair and makeup lasted through a morning ceremony, a roof top brunch, and a 4-hour out door dinner (and then some). It was an absolute pleasure working with Lucy. Not only is she highly skilled, she is also an excellent communicator. This ensures that you will have exactly what you want and feel the way you want to feel. I cannot recommend Lucy enough!

Sent on 10/18/2020

Molly · Married on 04/13/2019

Wonderful artists, wonderful people

Hair and makeup was probably the aspect of wedding planning I was most nervous about—what if I didn’t look like myself, what if a style I felt uncomfortable in ended up being documented in photos I’ll look back on decades from now? I am so, so happy I found Miss Harlequin!

Cati immediately put me at ease during our trial and understood exactly the natural but glamorous look I was going for. I’ve never felt more beautiful than I did on my wedding day!

Alicia and Skye, who did gorgeous hair and makeup for my bridesmaids, were also a delight—and of all the vendors I worked with, Lucy was the most prompt to respond to my (many!) queries.

Couldn’t recommend Miss Harlequin more!

Sent on 05/07/2019

Chloe · Married on 03/29/2019

The best there is!!

I cannot say enough good things about Lucy at Miss Harlequin! Not only is she a lovely person but she is a magician at hair and make up and perfectly balances making you feel glamorous and stunning without any sense of being overly done or unnatural. She was sweet, punctual and totally incredible. And she was able to nail the look I wanted, even though it was nothing like the trial we had done a few months before since I changed my mind at the last minute. I can't recommend her enough!

Sent on 04/04/2019
  • Tiffany

Tiffany · Married on 03/23/2019

She got the look I was going for PERFECTLY

As I planned my NYC elopement, one of things I worried about was hair and makeup! I was happy to find a one stop shop with Miss Harlequin. From the moment I reach out, she provided all the details in an informative email. I booked my trial for when I would be in town and she could not have been more charming. I did not want a natural look for my bridal day. I had an idea of what I wanted, I wanted to look glamourous and she nailed it, from the makeup to the hair. On my wedding day she arrived at the hotel on time to do my sister's hair and makeup as well. On my wedding day, I could not have felt more beautiful!!! Thank you Lucy!

Sent on 07/14/2019

Jean · Married on 03/02/2019

I engaged Lucy to do my hair and makeup for my pre-wedding photoshoot, and I was absolutely pleased with her service from start to finish. She was extremely responsive to my emails and even friendlier in person. On the day of my photoshoot, I described to her the look I had in mind and showed her a sample photo of my preferred hairstyle, and she worked her magic in just an hour! The outcome was so amazing, I wish I could look like that every day :P Thanks again, Lucy! :)

Sent on 06/07/2018

Lawrence B. · Married on 03/01/2019

Highly recommended

Lucy was amazing! She made me look like a queen for my big day and was very sweet. I recommend her to everyone.

Sent on 03/07/2019

Anna · Married on 09/08/2018

Cati and Skye made my bridal party, mother, mother in law and I look amazing! I legit felt like a Disney princess the whole day! Thank you!

Sent on 09/12/2018

Caitlin · Married on 07/21/2018

I had a great experience with Lucy. She was professional, funny, sharp, knowledgeable and a total pleasure to spend time with. She did a fantastic job on my wedding day hair and makeup and also worked her magic on my mom and grandmother. What a great businesswoman and person. I would definitely recommend Lucy and her company!

Sent on 07/27/2018

Bisakha · Married on 06/24/2018

Lucy was extremely responsive and professional from the time of booking through my trial to my actual wedding. Cati was professional, punctual, helpful, accommodating, detail oriented and her makeup and hair for me
    and my MOH was excellent! She paid a lot of attention to our makeup and hair requests and was very thorough. Everything was appreciated. Thank you Cati and Lucy!

Sent on 06/26/2018
  • Carly

Carly · Married on 06/16/2018

From the very start, Lucy was calm, funny, and quick to respond. She was able to suggest beautiful options for my shorter hair that still felt 100% me. On my wedding day, I was floored by how amazing and natural Lucy made me look! On top of all that, she was so sweet and funny, I could have hung out with her all day!

Sent on 10/28/2017

Kylie · Married on 06/09/2018

If you want to look like yourself, just better, Lucy and her team are for you. I couldn't have been more over the moon about how my bridal hair by Tatiana turned out. Lucy responded with my many nervous bride inquiries quickly and with care. I went in for the trial a full 8 months before the wedding because I had a big work project that took up all of my time and was nervous that I wasn't sure what would work best. Lucy and Tatiana tried a few things and told me that as I got closer to the day even if I changed my mind for what I wanted, they'd be able to handle it. And that's exactly what happened - on the wedding day I decided that I wanted flowers from our DIY centerpieces in my hair. Tatiana was a total pro and with no fluster at all about a total game changer request gave me exactly what I hoped for from a photo I found on Pinterest. The 'do fit under the veil perfectly, looked incredible after the veil came off, and stayed put as I danced the night away. My makeup was wonderful and as I now look at the photos I will be eternally grateful that Tatiana helped me look and feel beautiful. Najeebah did my bridal party's hair and everyone looked incredible and confident. She was also a joy to have in the room and her talents shine through in the photographs, too. Book Lucy's team for sure!!!!!!!!

Sent on 06/27/2018

Terese · Married on 03/16/2018

Lucy Flint and the team at Miss Harlequin were amazing. I would highly recommend them to anyone getting married or looking for a makeup artist/hair stylist. Lucy was able to recreate exactly what we had previously discussed at my trial on my wedding day. Lucy and her team are professional but very sweet and personable at the same time: the perfect combination. Thank you guys for everything!

Sent on 04/26/2018

Shannon · Married on 01/18/2018

Is there more than 5 stars? Lucy was INCREDIBLE. I only met her the day of my elopement but I showed her some photos of inspirations and she NAILED it! Braided on one side, twisted on the other and twisted all together in the back! My makeup was flawless. Lucy had put on an original set of eyelashes on me and she insisted she changed them because she would be too worried about me and I'm so glad she made that call because the individual sets she put on looked much more natural (the look I was going for). Did I mention I needed to be ready for sunrise photos? Yep, Lucy came to my hotel before 3am to get me ready. We chatted like we already knew each other and it was just so perfect. Lucy, I can't thank you enough for making me feel beautiful on my big day! The hubby was so happy with my look too!!!

Sent on 01/23/2018
  • F

Faith · Married on 11/25/2017

Brides (or anyone looking for an exceptional beauty experience): look no further than Miss Harlequin. A good friend of mine recommended Lucy and her staff at Miss Harlequin super highly and now that I've used them at my wedding on November 25, 2017, I wholeheartedly agree with her recommendation. The initial correspondence was prompt and comfortable. Paulina, my stylist, was fabulous through both and initial and a follow-up hair and makeup trial, despite my indecision and picky nature! On the day of the wedding, Paulina and Abby were both amazing and took such good care of me and my family and bridesmaids. Definitely hire them for your special occasion!

Sent on 12/05/2017

Nasya · Married on 11/18/2017

Lucy is beyond wonderful!! The correspondence and transparency was timely and detailed. After looking at a few inspiration images I had brought to my trial, she was able to recreate exactly the look I was going for. Even incorporating my hair extensions. The day of the wedding she was prompt, got right down to business and kept a relaxed chill vibe with all the gals. Lucy took all my bridesmaids hair requests and created three very stunning and classically beautiful looks. She even asked me if I was okay with the requested hair styles as to not over shadow my own hair for the day. Very thoughtful! Lucy took part with the gals in keeping me calm and joking about. When I she was finished with my hair I was amazed at how stunning it looked and could not have imagined it any other way. I would recommend Lucy to anyone looking for a high quality stylist and I can imagine her team is as exceptional as her.

Sent on 02/25/2018
  • O

Olivia · Married on 10/28/2017

Lucy made my day! She came all the way out to my grandmothers home in Queens, and was there for me all morning. Her sense of style is compounded by the ability to really listen to what the client wants - both me and my maid of honour came out feeling like a million bucks. The price is a little more than other places, but it is so worth it to know you are getting the best possible look on your special day. I cannot recommend Miss Harlequin highly enough :)

Sent on 11/06/2017

Jyoti · Married on 10/22/2017

I had a trial and bridal hair with Miss Harlequin. Paulina was excellent. Not only is she an amazing stylist, she is absolutely wonderful as a person. She was very receptive to what I wanted. I was torn between an updo and having my hair down. I did have other hair trials prior to miss Harlequin and Paulina hit it out of the ballpark. I had a beautiful low-to the side-updo that was perfect in every way. Trust Miss Harlequin! They are professional, accommodating an absolutely wonderful. Recommend without reservations! And a BIG thank you to Paulina

Sent on 11/06/2017

Razan · Married on 10/21/2017

Everything about my experience with Miss Harlequin was perfect from the very first communication via e-mail with Lucy to the day of my wedding. Lucy was so responsive and helpful throughout the entire process and although she wasn't available on the day of my wedding, she was able to get me an appointment with her Senior Stylist Cati James. I was pleased with her work during my trial, but she REALLY impressed me on the day of my wedding. I've never felt so beautiful in my life! These women are SO lovely to work with--their presence is pleasant and their work is utterly gorgeous! I must say--I am **picky** and I could not have been more satisfied with the end result. I could not recommend them highly enough. You will NOT regret it!

Sent on 11/19/2017

Courtney · Married on 10/14/2017

AMAZING! Lucy did my hair and make-up for my wedding just four days ago; and, I looked like my most glamorous self! I contacted Lucy in the summer, as my spidey sense was telling me that my initial hair and make-up vendor wouldn't be up to par. She was one of the initial vendors I reached out to when making hair and make-up inquiries. I remembered her because she responded to me so quickly, and this was no exception. She was prompt in sending me her schedule; and we got a hair and make-up trial on the books! At the trial, my hair and make-up were absolutely perfect. Lucy only uses air brush make-up, and the concealer and lip gloss she used was so fantastic that I looked luminous and was sure to jot the names of the products down so I could buy them. For reference, my sister was with me at the trial, and her career in broadcast journalism has given her a keen eye for this sort of thing. She was left speechless at how I looked! Fast forward to scheduling hair and make-up for my bridesmaids. I was completely blown away by Lucy and Miss Harlequin's accommodations and professionalism here. Initially, I had four girls scheduled including myself, but health issues put one of my girls in an ambiguous spot regarding whether or not she'd even be able to come to the wedding. I informed Lucy immediately, and not only was she responsive, but she was extremely kind and compassionate about the situation, too. Though I did have to cancel for this friend, I ended up adding another girl later; and, even another make-up appointment the day of! I sent tons of emails and never once did Lucy or her staff make me feel like I was a burden, as they answered all of my questions kindly and promptly! My one recommendation is to spring for Lucy--she's more expensive as a senior stylist, but she's the best and is worth it. Initially, I was startled by how pricey I thought Miss Harlequin was, but I soon realized her prices were competitive; and, you DO get what you pay for! :)

Sent on 10/18/2017

Evonne · Married on 10/11/2017

I found Miss Harlequin when I was searching on The Knot website. I had noticed that all of the reviews were positive so I decided to give Lucy an email. Lucy's response was very prompt and any time I was looking for information or to change date/time she was very accommodating. I also really liked the fact that she came to my hotel to do both my hair and make up on my wedding day as this made it stress free. From the minute Lucy arrived she was very pleasant and easy to talk to. My hair and make up looked perfect and this made me feel amazing on my wedding day. I am from the UK therefore I was unable to have a trial due to the length of our stay in New York, however Lucy recommended that we had a 2 hour appointment instead of 1.5 hours so that there was extra time to show/discuss any ideas I had in mind. Also, I asked Lucy if it was possible for her to help me into my wedding dress and straight away she replied saying it would be no hassle at all. I would definitely recommend Lucy and her team if you are looking to book your hair and make up for your special day!

Sent on 10/25/2017

Charlotte · Married on 10/07/2017

Lucy at Miss Harlequin is amazing. From the moment I booked with her, to my two hair and makeup trials, to the day of my wedding, she never ceased to wow me. She's so sweet and calming, with such a cool and laid back vibe all in one. She's the best person to spend your pre wedding hours with. Lucy and her amazing second artist Abby had to be upstate at my venue incredibly early in the morning, and they showed up right on time with huge smiles on their faces. They did makeup and hair for my entire bridal party and mothers of bride/groom, and everyone looked like a goddesses! They completely nailed my bohemian, relaxed and very natural vision. Everyone looked like the most beautiful versions of themselves and Miss Harlequin is all to thank.

Sent on 10/19/2017
  • Sophia

Sophia · Married on 09/23/2017

I cannot begin to explain the level of quality and professionalism this team has. Absolutely outstanding work! I saw Lucy Flint twice before my wedding and she was so incredibly collaborative but more importantly fun and inviting! She's committed to you and making sure you look wonderful for your day. Not only that, I had 4 bridesmaids and 2 mothers and only allotted 3 hours for all hair and makeup and they did a phenomenal job! I was actually done EARLY! The most important factor here is that they can do hair AND makeup. It truly makes life easy. Also - their ability to literally do ANY STYLE you want is amazing. Finally, the quality of the make up they use is some of the best in the industry! My makeup did NOT BUDGE and I barely had any shine throughout an entire day (that was HOT)! I would not hesitate for a second to do at the very least a trial with Lucy's team. But I will guarantee you will NOT be disappointed if you select this team for your day. They're seriously the best in the business. Thank you team!!!!

Sent on 10/26/2017

Monina · Married on 09/16/2017

I hired Lucy's team for my wedding last month and they were absolutely amazing! I had about 10 ladies including myself for hair/makeup. The team (Tatiana, Brett & Natasha) were very precise and on schedule of the timeline we've established especially with such a large group of ladies to do.

Sent on 10/11/2017

Gina · Married on 09/16/2017

I'm not exaggerating when I say that booking Lucy from Miss Harlequin to do my bridal hair for my wedding last month was literally the least stressful and most easy vendor booking and experience for the entire event. I cannot recommend her skill and expertise enough. She nailed the complicated 19th century/historical hair style I wanted on the very first trial. She is extremely knowledgeable and so easy to talk to. She is also a very calming presence which came in handy when she became my impromptu event planner the day before my wedding. When I did not feel well she even offered to go pick me up some medicine from the drug store. Not only is she a total hair master, but she even kept thinking of even better ways to improve my hair style during the months leading up to the wedding. I was very impressed by her dedication. I wore a lot of hair extensions (as per my request), but Lucy worked her magic and I didn't need to change my hair style at all during the entire wedding. I was previously worried about the weight of the extensions, but Lucy made this and all my other bridal worries disappear Iike a magical fairy godmother. She also breezed through my bridesmaid's and my mother's hair styles. In a blink of an eye they were done and totally satisfied with her work. She is extremely professional and personable, and working with her from initial email to the hug goodbye after my wedding reception was a pleasure. To any bride looking for a bridal stylist look no further than Miss Harlequin. If I could rate Lucy and her business 10 stars I would. She is a true artist.

Sent on 10/30/2017

Mandy · Married on 09/09/2017

Lucy and her team did hair and makeup for five of us on my wedding day and it all turned out beautifully! We all felt like the best version of ourselves, which is exactly what we were hoping for. I did a hair and makeup trial early on and had so much fun with Lucy that I knew I wanted her to be a part of my wedding day. I even changed my mind on what I wanted in the way of wedding hair (post-trial) and Lucy worked with me on the fly and put together a gorgeous updo.

The team was efficient but patient, and was friendly and fun to be around. I had a tight schedule and they amazingly worked with us to make it all happen. They were flexible and super responsive. And of course, I have to mention that my makeup and hair lasted through a late night! Highly, highly recommend Miss Harlequin!

Sent on 09/10/2017