Marc & Mindy Reviews

Marc & Mindy 6
Marc & Mindy 7

Brienna Rueffer · Married on 05/17/2019

Flawless Wedding Photographers

Mindy and Marc are the absolute best photographers you could ever ask for on your wedding day! They made everything run so smoothly and got all the shots we wanted and so much more! They took the time to get to know us personally through emails, phone calls, text messages and through our engagement session as well as understand what photos we wanted together as a couple, bridal party, and family portraits. Our pictures turned out flawless and would choose Mindy and Marc over and over again.

Sent on 07/24/2019
    Marc & Mindy 8
    Marc & Mindy 9
    Marc & Mindy 10
    Marc & Mindy 11

Katina Frericks · Married on 11/24/2018

Perfect photographer match

From our first phone conversation with sweet Mindy we knew she would be the perfect photographer for our wedding. We really got to know her during our free engagement session (in our wedding package) and that helped my husband and I get comfortable with her photography style. I highly recommend the engagement photo shoot because it made our wedding day pictures such a breeze. I am such a planner and it was amazing that Mindy is too! I even sent her my wedding day timeline a few months before my wedding and she would give me input and potential things to watch out for. That was months before my wedding, which helped me relax so much! Mindy and Marc are such amazing people inside and out and we were super happy with the work they did for our wedding. Can’t wait for you to join the MLP family, you will be so relieved having them there on your wedding day!!

Sent on 05/27/2019

Brooke · Married on 11/03/2018

Mindy Leigh is the best!

Mindy and Marc were phenomenal photographers! Mindy made us feel so comfortable during our engagement photos which helped us on our wedding day. On our big day, Mindy helped coordinate with our vendors to ensure that we had all of the pictures we wanted. She convinced us to do a first look and I could not have been happier with the results! We had a November wedding in the evening and were afraid that we would run out of light after the ceremony. We ended up doing the first look and were able to have a quite, intimate moment and were able to get all of the beautiful pictures we wanted. Mindy and Marc are so easy to work with and I could not be happier about our pictures! I can't stop looking at them!

Sent on 03/23/2019
  • Rylie

Rylie · Married on 10/26/2018

Timeless work! Truly beautiful pictures!

Fantastic quality and service!

Sent on 07/26/2019
    Marc & Mindy 21
  • Rebecca

Rebecca O'brien · Married on 09/15/2018

Great Photographer

Mindy is one of a kind photographer. She really loves what she does, and it shows through her work. From speaking over the phone about my husbands and my story to sending out forms to fill out to organize our day, Mindy thought of everything! She takes her time editing the pictures and the outcome is amazing! I have decorated my walls with her pictures and they all turned out beautifully no matter the size. I’ve made canvases, metal prints, wedding album and framed work. When I had questions even after our wedding about how to print, she helped me along the way. Mindy went above and beyond as a photographer and I am so grateful that she was there to capture our big day. She’s reliable, professional, kind and a joy to work with. I highly recommended Mindy as a photographer!

Sent on 03/22/2019
    Marc & Mindy 22
    Marc & Mindy 23
    Marc & Mindy 24
    Marc & Mindy 25
    Marc & Mindy 26
    Marc & Mindy 27

Angela · Married on 06/16/2018

If I could give Mindy 100 stars, I would. Hands down the best vendor, photographer, and easiest choice for our wedding! Mindy is absolutely incredible and has such a good eye for capturing every great moment. So down to earth and so much fun to work with, made us feel very comfortable. The best part about her is that she treats this like such a special experience, rather than a business transaction, like some other photographers we had met with prior. This will be the best vendor you choose hands down and could not be more pleased with how all of our pictures turned out and how comfortable she made us feel!

Sent on 09/12/2018
  • Alyssa

Alyssa · Married on 06/09/2018

When I was planning my very diy wedding there was one thing that I would not compromise on: the wedding photos. I looked around and ended up getting in touch with Mindy and Marc. I do not exaggerate when I say that was the best possible decision I could have ever made. Mindy is professional, kind and so passionate about her work. From the moment we started talking about working with her she had us filling out questionnaires to get to know us and our personal style to really make her pictures what we wanted. The time and effort she puts into each couple is remarkable. During the wedding day, Mindy really stepped in with Marc to help coordinate everything and make our day run so smooth. I never once was worried about what we were doing or awkwardness during pictures because everything was made to be so natural and fun. They really captured our personalities in their shots. Mindy was especially good about making sure our daughter had her time to shine as well. When we got our photos back I was shocked to see how many we had and that they were all SO beautiful. They invoked tears from friends and family, from some who hadn’t even attended the wedding. There is no other choice but these two if you are looking for someone to capture such a huge moment in your life. My high expectations were more than met. Thank you guys again!

Sent on 09/12/2018
    Marc & Mindy 28
    Marc & Mindy 29
    Marc & Mindy 30
    Marc & Mindy 31
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 05/27/2018

Personal and Amazing Wedding Photographers!

Mindy and Marc from Mindy Leigh Photography were amazing! My husband and I couldn't have asked for anything better for both our engagement session and our wedding day. Mindy went above and beyond just taking pictures by getting to know our story and us as a couple, which made the experience so much more personal. Throughout the wedding planning process, Mindy was there for any questions I had, and eased my mind about the little details I was stressed about. Mindy and Marc were with us the entire day of our wedding from getting ready to the dancing at the reception, and captured even the smallest, most special moments. They are very professional, and love what they do, which shows in the pictures! Their pictures truly show the happiness, love, and joy of every single moment of our big day! I would recommend them a million more times if I could! No one else could have gotten us through our day like they did!

Sent on 10/27/2018
    Marc & Mindy 32
    Marc & Mindy 33

Cyrielle · Married on 05/25/2018

MLP captured our wedding day in May 2018, and we cannot say enough good things about Mindy and her husband Marc. From the moment we met Mindy it was like working with a friend. I'd without a doubt consider myself "type A" , though come wedding day I knew Mindy was going to take care of everything and all I had to do was enjoy my wedding day. She was always willing to answer any questions that I thought of, and was always so incredibly sweet and kind. For any bride/groom that is looking for someone to photograph your wedding day or engagement session, we highly recommend MLP!

Sent on 08/26/2018

Megan · Married on 05/19/2018

We hired Mindy for our 05/19/2018 wedding and could not have been happier with our decision! Mindy and her husband Mark (her second shooter) were so professional and organized through the whole process. Mindy was always responsive and giving of her time leading up to the day. The day of the wedding she did a great job being assertive enough to get all the shots we wanted and more but was never pushy or flustered. she does a great job making you feel comfortable and helping you to pose in ways that are most flattering for you. We received our images back in a timley manner and can't wait to share with friends and family!

Sent on 07/15/2018

Scott · Married on 05/05/2018

My wife and I were nervous on selecting a photographer because we both know we don't do amazingly well in photographs, especially posed ones. Mindy, however, did an excellent job making sure we were comfortable and getting a variety of pictures that captured our best sides!

She is very professional, easy to work with, and has a great personality. She worked with our budget and needs and gave us photographs that we have made both an album and several fun photo frames of. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 07/14/2018
    Marc & Mindy 34
    Marc & Mindy 35

Raya · Married on 04/07/2018

The easiest decision of our wedding was made when we came across Mindy's website.

Their passion, enthusiasm and absolutely stunning photos made the decision a simple one. Knowing that Mindy and Marc taking so much care documenting our wedding day in the amazing way they do really took the pressure off.

We can't recommend Mindy and Marc highly enough; going above and beyond, They are the people you need behind the lens.

Sent on 07/10/2018

Carissa · Married on 08/26/2017

Ohmygosh! I don't even know where to start! We are so extremely happy that we chose MLP for our wedding photographers! Mindy and Marc are two of the most genuine people we have ever met. They are so friendly and go out of their way to get to know their brides and grooms and we loved that so much! They made us feel so comfortable and always had us laughing! Thank you so much for all of our amazing photos and everything you did for our big day! We can't thank you enough for how incredible our engagement photos and wedding photos are (and we've only seen one wedding photo so far! ;) That's how good they are--I only needed to see one photo) We will definitely be catching up with you two in the future as our family grows with newborn portraits and family portraits!

Sent on 10/02/2017

Bridgitte · Married on 07/07/2017

Wow where do I begin!? MLP helped make my wedding day so incredible. She was by far the BEST choice I made for my wedding. She kept in touch, she's extremely organized, and had every detail on point. Not to mention, my pictures are STUNNING! I have not one bad thing to say, I highly recommend MLP. From the beginning, she was so great at getting to know us. She had personalized questionnaires and surveys and I enjoyed filling them out. On the day of my wedding, she had a sneak peak of all the pictures we took that day on a slide show! Everyone loved it! I couldn't be happier with choosing MLP. Thank you so much Marc and Mindy for everything you've done for my wedding! You are both so sweet and amazing and I will miss you!

Sent on 07/27/2017

Jess · Married on 01/07/2017

Mindy was an absolute pleasure to work with. Her and her husband captured amazing photos of our wedding. We truly felt like they cared about making our wedding memories special. You are going to get amazing quality of photos, someone paying attention to detail, and a wonderful experience from start to finish.

Sent on 03/07/2017

Danielle · Married on 09/24/2016

Our experience with Mindy Leigh Photography was everything we wanted! Our photos told the story of our entire wedding day. They were so natural and had the perfect amount of detail. Mindy and Marc made sure they were capturing all different angles and did so fabulously. We have every special moment captured and could not have been happier with our choice for this special day!

Sent on 06/19/2017

Nicole · Married on 09/17/2016

Mindy & Marc were amazing!! I am so glad I found MLP. Mindy was so easy to work with & made sure all details were known ahead of time. She is super sweet & very talented. Our engagement & wedding photos were beautiful! I have referred everyone in need of a wedding photographer to MLP! The website for the photos is super easy to use which is a plus. Mindy was very responsive anytime I contacted her. Thank you so much for being a part of our day Mindy & Marc!

Sent on 05/01/2017

Michelle & Jeremy · Married on 11/21/2015

Mindy was such a pleasure to work with. Our engagement and wedding pictures came out so beautiful. Mindy was always there for us, stayed in contact with our other vendors for coordination the day of the wedding to assure everything was perfect, had such amazing ideas for pictures, and the list goes on and on. We couldn't have been happier with Mindy and her wonderful work! Mindy, thank you so much for everything. Jeremy and I just loved working with you, and our pictures are something we can now cherish forever. Thanks again!!

Love,
    Mr. & Mrs. Kenny

Sent on 12/11/2015

Samantha · Married on 06/06/2015

Mindy was great to work with and our photos were beautiful! I would recommend Mindy Leigh Photography to anyone.

Sent on 12/16/2015

Anna · Married on 06/26/2015

Mindy was phenomenal to work with! We had some major engagement session scheduling issues and Mindy was so flexible and understanding. She remained in contact with us to ensure we got the photos we wanted. The final product was amazing! We were so impressed by the photos we received that we plan to use Mindy Leigh Photography for family photos in the future! You won't find a more caring, thoughtful, and dedicated photographer - she's awesome!!

Sent on 08/29/2015

Alexandra Bown · Married on 06/15/2019

2.8
      2.0
      1.0
      3.0
      3.0

Not what we expected.

After reading all of the reviews, we were very excited to work with Mindy. She seemed to be very on top of her game and promised a high level of service and communication.
    After we signed our contract, we had a difficult time communicating with Mindy. We did our engagement shoot and Mindy set the turn around time for 2-3 weeks. We waited 4 weeks for our photos with little communication regarding the timeline. After waiting for 4 weeks, we were so excited to get our photos, only to be disappointed by the lack of attention to detail. My fiance's suit was bunched up, the angles were unflattering, and we got photos with our eyes closed! To go through the entire process and only have two usable photos is very frustrating and expensive. Needless to say, we have had to terminate our contract and begin the process all over again.

Sent on 10/20/2018

Marc & Mindy's reply:

Alexandra - I am sorry to hear your experience did not meet your expectations when you worked with us in the fall of 2018. I send each of my clients reminders before the engagement session to set all expectations and to set us up for a successful session. Timeliness - You and your fiance were 30 minutes late to the first agreed upon shooting location. You also brought along your 1 year old puppy. I told you ahead of time that I have no problem with including the pup, but I also suggested bringing a friend to help with the dog during the session. Unfortunately you did not heed my advice and this unfortunately resulted in the both of you being distracted by your dog being tied up to a nearby fence. I even offered to help hold on to him at one point, which was difficult. After the first outfit, your plan was to go home and change and meet me in the downtown - loop. I waited at the 2nd location for an additional 40 minutes for you to arrive. By this time of the evening, the light had begun to fade - and although I state clearly the session ends at 1.5 regardless if our clients are late - I made an exception and continued the session an additional hour - well beyond the time allotted.

When you called to discuss your disappointment in the photos I asked for examples of what you were not happy with. You had mentioned things such as too many cars in the background. Mind you - you had requested to shoot in downtown Chicago - Most of my clients like to capture some of the hustle and bustle of the city. Not wanting cars or people in the background at Michigan Avenue was not something you had mentioned beforehand or I would have suggested another location.

In spite of all of this, in our call - I offered a free re-shoot of the engagement session, as well as additional editing on photos where your fiances jacket was wrinkled. You did not take me up on any of the offers to make this a better experience for you.

I am sorry you had a bad experience with us, but wish you both the best of luck in the future.