Mindy Joy Photography Reviews

13 | Rockford, IL

13 Reviews for Mindy Joy Photography

Jessie · Married on 04/28/2018

Mindy did our wedding photos this year and she was phenomenal! She’s the perfect blend of artistry and flexibility. She definitely knows how to capture those perfect moments. As we looked through our photos we couldn’t help but smile the whole time! We were beyond satisfied! Mindy helped make our wedding experience both comfortable and memorable!

Caitlin · Married on 11/04/2017

Mindy was incredible! From the initial contact, to the planning session, and then the wedding day Mindy was every bit of amazing. Both her and her second shooter, Ryan Davis, spent the entire day with us. They were professional, fun, and creative!
    Our photos arrived super quickly! And they are absolutely magical. We were so impressed with the quality and quantity. Her services were top quality! We absolutely recommended her!

Melanie · Married on 08/12/2017

I can't say enough great things about working with Mindy Joy! She took the time to answer all of my questions before our wedding, was so organized and well-prepared leading up to the event, and so much fun to work with on the day of. She got our photos to us very quickly, and they could not be more perfect. I would recommend again and again!

Sent on 10/02/2017

Mindy Joy Photography's reply:

Hi Melanie, Thanks for this! Your wedding was a lot of fun to help document & was so memorable! I hope the two of you are doing well and enjoying this cooler weather. Best, M

R · Married on 07/22/2017

We LOVED working with Mindy!! She is the perfect blend of flexibility and professionalism AND she is an amazing artist. Every step of the process was incredibly easy: Mindy responded to emails quickly and comprehensively, has a user-friendly interface for contracts and payments, and has a thorough questionnaire that covered every detail of the day. During the wedding, she was awesome to interact with. Her style matched our expectations and wants perfectly: we had limited posed shots (which she took quickly and accurately with compassion toward those in the photos) and requested mostly candids. Mindy was somehow always there to capture the important moments, but never intrusive or interfering with the flow of the night. AND Mindy sent us our photos less than 10 days after the wedding!!! The photos themselves are so beautiful and truly capture the sentiments of the day. I love Mindy's creative touches that make the scenes special for us. I cannot recommend Mindy enough!!!

Jaclyn · Married on 05/27/2017

I can barely find the words to express how deeply I recommend Mindy Joy Photography. We had the privilege of having Mindy capture the best day of our lives, our wedding. Prior to the wedding, many previous brides were so quick to give their biggest words of advice-- "Enjoy it, it goes by too fast". They were right. The day absolutely flew. In less than two weeks (12 days, to be exact), Mindy delivered our entire wedding gallery to our email. Every single picture is perfect. They're unstaged, completely beautiful, and showcase our raw emotion. As most brides do, I poured my soul into the details of our day, ensuring each variable was totally and completely "us". Now, I have Mindy's gorgeous work to help me relive the perfect day, over and over again. Mindy is so fun, makes you completely comfortable, and has such unbelievable skill in capturing beautiful candid photos. She even held my hand and helped me through an emotional part of the day.

I will cherish her work for the rest of my life. Send her an email. Do it. Sign the contract. Right now. It's the best decision you'll ever make.

Jessica · Married on 09/10/2016

Hiring Mindy as our wedding photographer was easily one of the best choices we made for our wedding. We wanted a photojournalism-style photographer who would observe while we enjoyed our day and capture us naturally without making us pose for hours and hours of staged shots. (Not that there's anything wrong with portraits. It's just not our style.) Mindy gave us what we wanted and so much more. She made sure we got the requisite formal shots with our families but also caught amazing candid shots throughout the day. She and her second shooter weaved around seamlessly. They expertly caught every key moment of the day and captured little moments that I wouldn't have thought to put on film. One of my favorite shots was taken while my brand-new husband and I are hurriedly sneaking a drink while waiting for his large family to assemble for a formal shot behind us during the cocktail hour. I didn't even know Mindy was shooting at that moment, but the photo perfectly captures who we are as a couple. Our wedding was a fun, joyful event, and Mindy's photos reflect the spirit of the day exactly. She was also professional, a pleasure to work with, and fast - our gallery was ready to be viewed with a week! Hire her immediately.

Rachel · Married on 07/09/2016

Mindy Joy Photography went above and beyond all my expectations of professional, beautiful, wedding photography. First, I appreciated her wedding photography package, it was straightforward, covered all my wedding photography desires, and provided printing rights in the package price - a detail I did not find with other photographers. Mindy answered all of my questions quickly and helped me manage the wedding timeline. On the day of the wedding, Mindy wove herself into the wedding so she was not intrusive, yet able to photograph all the moments. She captured the small details of the wedding without even being asked, whether it was the guests’ emotions, the decorations, or the little glances between me and my husband. She continually communicated with me and listened to any special requests. At our location after the wedding ceremony, she used her experience and expertise to find unique locations to take pictures. All of my wedding party (12 people) individually pulled me aside to say that they loved Mindy; they loved that she was fun, willing to listen, and wanting us to be relaxed. I knew while taking pictures that the pictures were going to be unique, special, and natural photos. Wow, was I impressed when we received our pictures! I was blown away with how we could relive each emotion of the day. Overall, booking Mindy Joy Photography was one of the best decisions of our wedding. We now have beautiful, natural pictures that truly portrayed the spirit of our wedding. Thank you so much Mindy!

Mindy is such a blast to work with. She's quirky and fun and very good at her job. She is amazing at capturing those candid moments that we truly wanted and made us feel at ease throughout the day. She has a fast turnaround time and produces beautiful pictures. She was also available and easy to contact from the first inquiry down the to day of.

• Elle Marie

Linda · Married on 01/03/2016

I can't say enough good things about Mindy. My husband and I were planning our wedding long-distance (we live in Boston, wedding in Chicagoland) and we often had to research and book vendors without meeting them in person, so communication was key for us. The second I reached out to Mindy, she never failed to respond promptly and professionally, and she was flexible when it came to scheduling a meeting when we were in town.

At our wedding, Mindy put everyone at ease by being a kind and friendly presence. She often asked us for our ideas and feedback throughout the day but was also completely prepared and confident about what came next. Mindy and her assistant scouted out shot locations in advance and picked some amazing settings and angles for our wedding party and family photos.

Mindy has the quickest turnaround time I've ever seen. She got us a preview of our photos within a week, and gave us the entire gallery within two weeks, and we were so thrilled with how the photos turned out! My husband's cousin wrote us this note after seeing the preview: "Kind of obsessing over these! I knew how beautiful it was in person... but wow - WOW!" And she's right! Mindy is great at capturing both the big and the small moments, and her shots are just beautiful.

Abby · Married on 09/12/2015

My husband and I spent hours and hours looking through photographers for our wedding. After a deep search we came across Mindy's portfolio and we are sure glad we did! Mindy captures a story with every shot she takes, from first look to first dance she captures it all! Mindy goes above and beyond (and even in water) to capture a shot, her unique perspective and creative eye is what sets her apart from other wedding photographers. Mindy is an expert at what she does and I cannot wait to have her capture our future life moments!

Jenna · Married on 07/11/2015

Mindy Joy Photography did an amazing job at my wedding. They came a little early to set up and get ready, and stayed a little later than discussed--- I loved it! I appreciate the hard work they put into the entire day. Our wedding ended up having an entirely rainy day, but Mindy Joy Photography acted like it was a perfect day. They did not let anything stop us from getting perfect pictures. The photographers made us feel completely comfortable in every situation, often making us laugh (without having to fake it for the pictures). By the end of the day, we felt that they were part of our wedding-- not as people we hired but as guests we invited. I would use Mindy Joy Photography again and again.

MIndy is extremely professional and work solid for the 8 hours she is contracted for you. She knows exactly what shots you want and makes sure you get them. She is very creative and very easy to work with. I would highly recommend her for any photography that you need.

Bethany · Married on 06/20/2015

Mindy is fun, original, and incredibly invested in what she does. She cares deeply about her clients and will work hard to give them everything they are looking for in a wedding photographer. My husband and I found Mindy Joy Photography by searching for local wedding photographers for Rockford. We looked through portfolios of several different photographers, but her work stood out. Mindy’s portfolio showed off her unique perspective, her creative eye, and the originality required to give each client a unique experience. We called and set up a time to meet, and we were blown away by how friendly and easy to work with Mindy was. The more we got to know her, the more we knew she would be the perfect person to help us capture our special day. Mindy is an expert at what she does—from the first meeting, through the planning process, and throughout the entire wedding day, she offers guidance and professionalism through out each step. She even helped us schedule our wedding day in the best possible way to use our time efficiently and to get all of the shots that we really wanted.

Mindy went above and beyond what we could have asked for in our wedding photographer. She truly exceeded all of our expectations. She even laid down in a puddle to get a shot she wanted!

You truly could not find someone who is more talented, dedicated, and passionate about her work. For us, Mindy wasn’t just the photographer. She was really a part of the wedding. She interacted with us, our wedding party, and our families with so much kindness and authenticity, and she truly captured our wedding day in a way we never could have imagined.