Mindy & Co. Events Reviews

109 | Thousand Oaks, CA

109 Reviews for Mindy & Co. Events

Kelly · Married on 07/20/2013

Mindy was wonderful! She took all the stress off the day of my wedding. She made my wedding so fantastic.

Sent on 01/30/2014

Mindy was a pleasure to work with - she made sure our wedding day ran smoothly and was very professional. I even found pictures of Mindy fixing things (like my dress, picking up items on the dance floor, talking to the DJ, etc.) and working in the background during the reception - she was great at keeping us away from any stress, and she did a great job managing the full program.

Sent on 02/23/2014

3.0

All the 5 stars is directed to Terry, Mindy's sister. Terry is AMAZING! She made everything go clockwork. Mindy...hmmm she didn't always get back to me and there were a few mishaps along the way, but I'm glad Terry was there on my wedding day. She even gave us a ride back to our hotel when our stupid limo company didn't come back. That's ODYSSEY LIMO in Westlake Village. The Westlake Village Inn referred me to this HORRIBLE company, I wish I could find someway to broadcast this to all the future brides...Mindy please do not refer this limo company to anyone.. Pass it around.

In all, I would recommend Mindy Events again and again...I really appreciate everything you did for me on my day, Terry!

Sent on 08/24/2013

Mindy was great to work with. Her pricing is very fair but with that comes the price of not having as much guidance as one might want as she seemed quite busy working on a lot of other weddings. Overall I was satisfied with her work though!

Sent on 08/09/2013

Cindy · Married on 02/26/2011

3.5

Mindy from Mindy Events was truly a lifesaver! Hiring her was the best decision that I made, aside from marrying my husband. Her upbeat attitude was priceless during stressful vendor meetings. She was hands on and attentive throughout the process. Mindy also offers years of experience to help the overwhelmed bride sort through a sea of options. Her book of vendors is also large and priceless.

I highly recommend Mindy.

Sent on 07/25/2011

3.8
      3.5

Mindy was positive and professional throughout our entire wedding planning experience.

Sent on 05/25/2013

3.4
      2.5
      3.0

Excellent the day of the event but very difficult to get a hold of for some months leading up to the wedding and slow to respond when I had questions.

Sent on 12/24/2015

2.4
      1.5
      0.5
      2.0

My husband and I hired Mindy as our day-of coordinator almost a year in advance. She had glowing reviews and in the beginning, we were sure we made the right decision. However, 10 days leading up to our wedding, we decided to explore other options for a wedding coordinator. Before I go into the reasons why, I do want to acknowledge that we only hired Mindy as our day-of coordinator so we did not expect her to be involved during our wedding planning process. Also, there is definitely no personal ill will and we wish Mindy and her sister, Teri, the best. Even after our decision to pursue another wedding coordinator, we were not planning on leaving negative reviews. We knew she had an illness she was dealing with and we completely understand that things come up in life. However, we are leaving this review because Mindy and Co. Events did not even bother to respond back to our final email respectfully asking them about their cancellation policy.

Here are the reasons why we decided to not move forward with her:
    Follow-through: There have been numerous times when Mindy would offer or agree to help out with something, and there would be no follow-through. Again, since we originally only hired her as our day-of, we also wanted to make sure we compensated her fairly for any extra services she provided us. We would send follow-up emails to check on the status and receive no responses from her. We understand that she is very busy and some of the items she offered to help us with were out of scope, but it's the communication about those items that have left us feeling dissatisfied. If there were something that could not be done, or there were insufficient time to address our questions, a short note/update would have sufficed.

Unreliable communication: She would also miss scheduled calls.

Sent on 12/17/2016

0.5
      1.5
      2.0

I've been meaning to write this review for a while and I've gotten to the point where I just want to warn anybody that would listen. I would NOT recommend Mindy to anybody.

I had to fire Mindy after giving her a first 'warning' before because I felt I was just another wedding to her.Maybe I was the only one she did a horrible service to but one is enough.

I'm sure people are lured by Mindy's lower rate compared to other wedding coordinators but I think it's worth spending more to go with another company/vendor. I learned the hard way. I paid Mindy $1000 for the minimal work she's done for me.

I hired her probably 10 or 8 months from the wedding. On the 6th month out, I started to feel that maybe Mindy had over-booked herself. I asked her if this was the case. She said she was fine and that she could handle it. It got better after that- she started answering my emails and responded better than before. But then shortly after, the planning started to slack again.

I waited, I was patient. After the final walk-through that we did which only lasted less than 30 mins, I just knew I can't give her another dime for her services. I decided to look for another coordinator. This was only 2months away from my big day! I could just go on and on about her unprofessionalism but I'm limited to how long I can write.

I had to make another trip (since I live 300 miles out of town), to do another final walk-through with my new coordinator. The minimal 30 mins that Mindy spent on my walk through was nothing compared to the detail oriented 3-hr walk through that my new coordinator spent with me.

I am so happy that I trusted my instincts to hire a new planner. Also, I'm fortunate enough to be able to forget about the $1000 that I already wasted on Mindy and just move on.

PS Also, when I told her I was no longer going to need her services, she didn't offer an apology or anything. She just stopped responding- very unprofessional.

Sent on 05/14/2013