Mindy & Co. Events Reviews

109 | Thousand Oaks, CA

109 Reviews for Mindy & Co. Events

Sophia · Married on 08/26/2012

Mindy was very professional and I was impressed by her careful attention to all the details.

Sent on 10/09/2012

Meghan · Married on 08/11/2012

Mindy is extremely professional, easy to work with, honest, detail oriented and so fun to be around. Her energy is contagious and she went above and beyond her call of duty to ensure that our wedding day was all we wanted it to be. For any brides looking for a wedding coordinator, look no further. Mindy is your girl!

Sent on 10/08/2012

Jennifer · Married on 08/04/2012

Mindy was amazing! She really went above and beyond in helping me with my wedding. As an example of how she will go above the call of duty, Mindy drove back and forth the day of my wedding to pick up the bouquets, centerpieces, etc. At the last minute, I decided to hire a florist instead of doing the flowers myself, and booked with a wonderful florist who had another event that day and therefore could not drive the flowers to the venue. Mindy, being the wonderful wedding planner that she is, drove from the venue to meet my aunt who had the flowers, then drove all the way back to the venue to set everything up. I would definitely recommend Mindy to anyone looking for a wonderful wedding planner!

Sent on 10/08/2012

I wish there were more stars to give Mindy because she deserves it! She really went above and beyond the call of duty as my day-of-coordinator, and I couldn't have been more happy! Our venue required a day of coordinator and I hadn't really considered having one, so they recommended Mindy as their preferred planner who also happened to offer a special rate, and we just went for it, which turned out to be one of the best decisions of the whole event! She was always responsive to our wishes and ideas, and always available beforehand, even just to bounce ideas off of, or recommend vendors. A month out we had our final meeting, and because she has such great experience, she thought of every last detail, and gave my fiance and I plenty of guidance and organizational tools to help us! She prepped our timeline and grand entrance/processional, called our vendors, and even helped set up our candles/beach decor and pass out programs. She ran our rehearsal, she ran food that night, she bustled my dress (2x-even one time appearing almost the instant it came undone!) and packed up everything for us, while handling all final payments and making everything so smooth for us. Everyone in my party loved her, she has a warm and bubbly personality, and made our wedding truly a dream wedding! I highly recommend Mindy for any services you wish-had I been able to afford full planning, I probably would've done it, but she is so wonderful for a day of two-you really can't go wrong!!

Sent on 08/02/2012

Robert · Married on 06/29/2012

Mindy was friendly and professional throughout the entire process. She was responsive, open to our ideas and helped fill in some of the gaps in portions that my wife and I didn't think through.

Prior to our wedding day Mindy was available for questions and volunteered to pick up things that needed transporting to the site of the ceremony saving us a trip and much needed time.

During the ceremony she kept everything "on track" and was fantastic at "herding the cats".....mainly my wife and I. All of this was done with a pleasant demeanor, subtly and seamlessly.

My wife and I can't say enough about Mindy and would recommend her without hesitation.

Sent on 08/06/2012

Laura · Married on 05/11/2012

From the moment we booked mindy she totally kept everything in order for us. She recommended some amazing vendors and helped us every step of the way. We totally relaxed on our big day knowing mindy had everything in hand, she was amazing!! We couldn't recommend her more, she's fab!!!

Sent on 08/18/2012

Linna · Married on 04/21/2012

Mindy was my day of coordinator for my wedding at the Sunset Malibu. She was the preferred coordinator courtesy of the Sunset and I was very very very glad that she was there to help. Mindy is bubbly, organized, and extremely easy to work with. Couple weeks before the wedding, we had a phone meeting with Mindy where we ran through a list of things that need to be done and the day before the wedding, Mindy picked up all my DIY's and displayed them as I had imagined. Mindy also added an extra touch of her own grace and elegance which I appreciated. Mindy kept me on schedule on the day of my wedding and made sure that things were perfect every step of the way.

Despite bumps along the road with other vendors, Mindy was quick to react and tried sooooo hard to put out the fire without having my husband and I involved. We are soooo very gracious for her services and would recommend her to anyone who is having a wedding!

Sent on 10/02/2012

Gina · Married on 11/19/2011

There isn't enough room to write about how amazing Mindy is! From our first encounter Mindy made me feel very comfortable and put my mind at ease. She makes you a priority and understands how important this day is to you. Mindy has so much experience and can recommend some great vendors and help you develop you ideas. Mindy is extremely dependable, professional, and an amazing listener. She listened to every detail I described to her on what I dreamt the day to be and she made sure it all came true! She is such a kind soul and really takes the time to listen and ensure you are on the same page. While planning a wedding so many people want to help and give advice but what you need is a professional! Trust me you want someone like Mindy by your side! The entire day went so unbelievably smooth that we couldn't of imagined it and it was all because of Mindy! She is absolutely the best!
    We not only had a fantastic wedding day because of Mindy but have also made a wonderful friend!
    Thank you Mindy again for everything! You are amazing!

Sent on 02/14/2012

Christie · Married on 10/08/2011

I absolutely cannot say enough about Mindy. She helped with so many details of our wedding and was there to answer every question along the way. Having her as our wedding coordinator was by far one of the best decisions we made regarding our wedding. Everything went smoothly on the big day in large part because of Mindy. She provided my husband and I with peace of mind and alleviated what could have been a very stressful day. I would recommend her to anyone for any wedding or event. Every bride needs a Mindy!

Sent on 02/09/2012

Tamra · Married on 10/01/2011

Mindy was our day of coordinator. She was a pleasure to work with; always very helpful and understands all of the details that need to happen on the day of a wedding.
    Both of our families live out of state so I did not have my mother or mother-in-law available to help with last minute day-of deails, Mindy was a life-saver! She kept my groom and I on track and the schedule running smoothly so we could focus on our guests. She even tied all 19 bustles on my dress! Your wedding day will be in good hands with Mindy!!

Sent on 02/10/2012

Natalie · Married on 07/23/2011

Mindy was absolutely amazing and I cannot imagine our wedding without her! Originally, we were going to hire her for “day of” services only, but after hearing how reasonable her prices were, we decided to go with using her for planning as well, and I’m so happy we did.

Mindy was very organized and detailed, always responsive, and extremely helpful in answering lots of questions. She also helped us connect with some of the best vendors, and her referrals saved us money.

She worked very hard on the day of our wedding and took care of so much: communicating with all our vendors, setting everything up, directing our wedding party, serving dinner plates, refilling our candy buffet, putting away our cake and favors, cleaning up, pretty much everything! On top of all that, she was always so positive, reassuring, and pleasant to talk to. I am so happy we were able to work with Mindy and not worry about anything on our big day! I would most definitely, 1 million percent, recommend Mindy.

Sent on 09/29/2011

George · Married on 07/10/2011

Mindy was terrific. She was organized and professional and extremely helpful. At the wedding, we had a glitch (not Mindy's fault) involving a missing wedding dress, and Mindy made sure that the dress was located swiftly and without panic. I would recommend her to any couple, especially if they're considering a wedding at the Sunset in Malibu, where she has a great rapport with management.

Sent on 08/03/2011
  • Alexandra

Alexandra · Married on 06/26/2011

Mindy was great on our wedding day!!

Sent on 08/03/2011
  • Christine

Christine · Married on 05/07/2011

Mindy's help in coordinating all the details prior and support on the day of truly made it a stress free day for my husband and I. We are so thankful!

Sent on 01/16/2012

Mandy · Married on 05/06/2011

Mindy was absolutely amazing from day 1. We weren't planning to have a day-of coordinator, but our venue required one and Mindy came highly recommended. I'm so glad we had her as our coordinator. She took care of confirming all of our vendors, picked up linens from the rental place, and completely set up the reception while me and my bridesmaids were getting ready. I was told by all of my friends to make sure I ate before the wedding, since they didn't get a chance to during theirs with all of the activities going on. Mindy ensured my husband and I were able to eat our salads and our main course and even packed up the top of our cake for us. I don't know what we would have done without her. I 100% recommend Mindy to any bride who is looking for a day-of or full event coordinator. Her awesome personality and attention to detail made our day relaxing and enjoyable.

Sent on 07/10/2011

Marisa · Married on 02/19/2011

Mindy was wonderful! I don't know what we would have done without here. She got everything done that needed to be done, and always efficient and responsive. I would recommend her to everyone I know!

Sent on 04/08/2011

denise · Married on 01/07/2011

Mindy was a pleasure to work with, she and her assistant made sure the day went as planned and shielded me from any hiccups. I would absolutely recommend Mindy to other couples. Thank you Mindy!!!

Sent on 04/07/2011

Katie · Married on 11/19/2010

Searching for a wedding planner can be a little stressful. Not only are you looking for a true, organized, professional, but utlimately you are trusting this person to make the most memorable day of your life perfect.

Mindy Roderick helped make planning our wedding fun and painless! And she delivered more than was expected!!! With each appointment she was straight forward, truthful and supremely helpful. Expect a lot of laughs, great ideas and a good time. For us, the planning was a great experience - all because we knew Mindy would be there for anything. From the slightest detail to larger issues, she was right beside us giving advice, helping prioritize and managing a game plan. She quickly responded to emails, to phone calls, to texts.

Not only does she have the necessary experience and professionalism to make it the wedding of your dreams, but she also knows others in the business that will contribute to your special day. Whether you need an awesome photographer, a talented florist or advice about the dress, she'll be right there for you with whatever you need.

Without Mindy, our day would not have been as perfect or as fun as it turned out to be, both for us and our guests.

On a more personal note, Mindy really took the time and the care in learning about us as a couple, about our families and about our tastes. For me, I was a little emotional on the big day and while most of my friends and family would have coddled and fussed over me and my tears, Mindy could almost read my mind. She gave me the space I needed, she took care of some more personal issues and was also around - to check in on me, to tie my dress, to serve wine to my girls, to hand out tissues.

She is a really good-hearted person, who is great at what she does - within any time restraint, with any budget, for any couple type.

Not only was she our wedding planner, but through it all she became a great friend. My husband and I are extremely thankful and very grateful for her help and her friendship.

Sent on 12/01/2010

Jackie · Married on 11/07/2010

Mindy was a pleasure to work with in planning my wedding. She is very knowledgeable, hard working and has the most cheerful attitude. I highly recommend her services.

Sent on 11/28/2010

Kristie · Married on 10/16/2010

Mindy is incredibly professional, personable, and a joy to work with overall when it came time to plan for our wedding. I immediately clicked with Mindy and she provided me with valuable insight and expertise during the planning process and helped us save money too as we worked with different vendors. She was always on top of what was to come next in the planning phase and is incredibly responsive. Overall, working with Mindy gave me peace of mind that our special day would turn out beautifully and that she'd be there to make sure everything flow smoothly. Our wedding was on October 16th in Malibu and the day far exceeded our expectations. :) I highly recommend working with Mindy on any event planning needs and hope to work with her again. Thank you, Mindy, for everything!!!

Sent on 10/25/2010

Lauren · Married on 10/10/2010

Mindy was great from the first phone call to last detail! Her enthusiasm & professionalism is commendable. She cares about her clients, and is willing to accomodate my financial limits @ the time; she did not critique my desires & designs for the decorations, timeline, and everything else that I had laid out for her to execute. She gives her opinions when asked- as I had wanted to plan every detail of my wedding. All I had to do was aks, and it was done precisely as I wanted.
    I felt really bad that I couldn't afford the vendor meals that was offered to me by the Venue, all I had to do was say to her that there was too much food... and she went out of her way to negotiate to the Catering dept. to feed my vendors.
    I am so happy I hired her, I felt at ease & trully enjoyed my day, just the way I had dreamed of.

Sent on 10/22/2010

Lauren · Married on 09/05/2010

I hired Mindy as my day-of coordinator, after listening to many people tell me I'd need one to deal with all the stuff I wouldn't want to on my wedding day. They were right. Mindy was very much behind the scenes, coordinating details with my vendors, getting my bridal party where they needed to be, and basically ensuring that the wedding ran smoothly. She was flexible in meeting with me several days before the wedding, working around my schedule to avoid any additional stress. I'd definitely recommend Mindy to friends and family.

Sent on 10/22/2010

Maryam · Married on 08/27/2010

Mindy was the best decision we made regarding the wedding! She is amazing!

Sent on 09/27/2010

lisa · Married on 08/21/2010

Mindy was great. She packs a punch and gets an idea of what you want and executes it without questions.

Sent on 09/26/2010

Silvia · Married on 08/07/2010

Mindy is the best! She coordinated our wedding and the event was amazing! It was everything we ever wanted and Mindy made sure that everything happened perfectly. She was quick to return our calls, set up everything on our big day, coordinated with all the vendors, kept us on track, and even packed everything up for us and put it in our car. We could not have done it without her. We are so happy we decided to go with her. From our first meeting, her warm smile, friendly attitude and real desire to make it memorable for us made us feel at ease. Mindy rocks !!!!!

Sent on 10/06/2010