Mindy & Co. Events Reviews

109 | Thousand Oaks, CA

109 Reviews for Mindy & Co. Events

• Ashley

Ashley · Married on 05/24/2014

Mindy and Teri were awesome coordinators for our wedding at The Victorian in Santa Monica. It's hard to believe that a year has passed, but we are still receiving compliments from our guests on how perfect the wedding was. We had not planned on hiring a day of coordinator, but when we were told that we would only have a few hours to setup everything on the morning of our big day, I knew we needed help. All of the details were just as we planned and things we never thought of like packing all the gifts in the car was taken care of in moments. We would highly recommend Mindy and Teri to all engaged couples who are in need of a wedding coordinator, they are great at what they do!

Sent on 07/18/2015
  • Z

Zareen · Married on 04/05/2014

Look no further for an absolute PRO in the business! Mindy is extremely approachable, utterly professional, and at the same time, the perfect confidante and advisor for a first time, nervous, crazy stressed out bride and groom. Mindy was the calm during our entire planning process, offering tips and vendors and amazing suggestions that we followed and never once regretted. Then came the day of the wedding - she was an absolute rock star and took care of every detail - no matter how big or small, and believe me, there were some small details on my part. We felt so taken care of and will never forget what great hands we were in. This was honestly the best decision we made in the wedding planning process- hiring Mindy. Thank you Mindy!

Sent on 04/20/2014

Ariyani · Married on 02/26/2014

Mindy was amazing! We only hired her for her day-of coordinating and it was perfect. She is very responsive, detail oriented and has the bigger picture in mind for you. She will offer her guidance when needed, which was great, since her experience really shines on the day of! You only have to give her an idea of what you want and she'll run with it. I had an idea for our party favor table and seating arrangement chart and Mindy did an awesome job setting up the table -- WAY better than I had envisioned in my head. She is worth more than what we paid and pleasure to work with. She even ran in the rain because I left my bouquet outside!!

Sent on 03/01/2014

Charlyn · Married on 02/21/2014

I contacted Mindy Events about a little of a month before our wedding day, we were SO LUCKY that Mindy was available. First and foremost there are many “day-of-coordinators” to choose from, however I needed someone who knew my venue (Calamigos Ranch, in Malibu) since we had never physically been there (destination wedding) one top recommendation was Mindy Events that I added to a long list of “Day-of-Coordinators” that I had noted. Once I spoke to Mindy within five minutes I knew right away she needed to be a part of our Wedding Day. Mindy is on top of it! She gave me insight and input within the first five minutes that I didn’t even know to think of (logistics, suggestions, timing, seating, transportation, etc.). Her communication and follow through is superb! From speaking with Mindy via phone, text, and email I had this sense of ease/calm knowing that she was going to take the reins and execute. Mindy did not let us down, EVERYTHING the day of ran so smoothly-it was PERFECT. My husband and I can’t pinpoint anything that went array (we find this so lucky with having seven vendors and 80 guests). If you are putting off booking a Coordinator or Day-of-Coordinator DON’T for they offer great assistance, support, and suggestions that make your wedding day less stressful and more enjoyable and if I could suggest a coordinator that you could trust I would recommend Mindy Events! Mindy YOU ARE BEYOND WONDERFUL thanks for making us feel so special and making our wedding day perfect.

Sent on 04/07/2014

Mindy was amazing on my wedding day! It couldn't have gone any smoother. She made sure everything went according to plan and made sure all my details were excuted the way I wanted. She really took care of me. If I could do my wedding over and over again, I'd hire Mindy every single time!!

Sent on 02/01/2014

Jocelyn · Married on 10/04/2013

Mindy truly helped run a smooth and enjoyable event (our wedding!). She ensured that all the behind-the-scenes details were handled properly- really alleviated all my stress the day of the wedding.

Sent on 01/30/2014

Mindy was great! She was right there when I needed her. She helped out tremendously but was never pushy or overbearing. I would highly recommend her.

Anabel and Mark · Married on 09/15/2013

We had our wedding at Calamigos Ranch in Malibu. Neither of us had been married before so the process was new to both of us. We knew that we would need help so we asked the rep from Calamigos Ranch if she had a recommendation for a wedding coordinator. She recommended Mindy of Mindy Events. Mindy was amazing from start to finish. We had a ton of questions through the planning. Mindy was always there to answer our questions and reassure us that everything would go smoothly. She helped us pick some of our vendors and pointed us in the right direction for others. On the day of our wedding, it seemed like she did the work of a dozen people! She was everywhere. We had a tight schedule. She made sure the vendors were on schedule and doing what they were supposed to be doing. She was also making sure everyone was having a great time! Our wedding went off without a hitch thanks to Mindy. She is amazing! We highly recommend her. Thanks, Mindy!

Sent on 01/30/2014

Mindy was great! Worked very hard to make sure our day went smoothly. Was very open and flexible for our ceremony ideas. Made sure we had a chance to eat dinner and she kept our champagne glass full (which made me SUPER happy! :P). Would highly recommend!

Sent on 03/16/2014

Nicole · Married on 08/11/2013

Our wedding was beautiful. Mindy was there every step of the way and I didn't worry about a single thing the whole day! Our guests told us after that it was one of the most beautiful weddings they had been to! Her company is wonderful, and as a PR pro I highly recommend her services for your next wedding!

Sent on 02/17/2014
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 08/02/2013

One of the best decisions we made was to hire Mindy. We were thinking of cutting down cost by using a friend/family member as a coordinator, using the one offered, or simply not having one at all. That would have been a huge mistake. I can't tell you how many people (especially photographers) recommended having a coordinator. It is the best investment you can make to preserve your sanity and happiness the day of (and make sure you are TRULY happy in your photos-remember those last forever!). Mindy went out of her way for us. She was there every second of the way, making sure we had whatever we needed. She was on top of things I had never even thought about and is able to make anything that happens unexpectedly go well. She did a great job being in several places at once and making sure everything ran smoothly. She is very knowledgeable when it comes to wedding planning and she cares a lot. You can tell from the moment you meet her that she absolutely loves what she does and has had a lot of experience doing it. Had I not done most of the planning before finding her, I probably would have used her for the planning process as well. I really could not recommend Mindy enough. Our wedding would not have been the same without her. Mindy's the best!

Sent on 10/01/2013

Katie · Married on 07/28/2013

Mindy was the best coordinator I could have ever asked for! She answered all of my questions, she drove to meet me when I couldn't drive out to her. She is a lovely person, very easy to get along with and really listened to what it was I wanted. The whole day of the wedding went as smooth as it could have, and I really believe it is all because of her! Simply wonderful!

Sent on 08/09/2013

Christina · Married on 07/27/2013

Mindy was absolutely invaluable to our planning and coordinating of our wedding event. She gave helpful tips and had great vendors to work with. The night of she was EVERYWHERE all at once, making sure the event went smoothly and that we had drinks in hand and were where we needed to be when we needed to be there (in gentle suggestions rather than YOU NEED TO BE OVER HERE!!!), which was much appreciated. I would recommend her time and time again!

Thanks Mindy!!

Sent on 08/12/2013

Kimmy · Married on 07/27/2013

Mindy Events was "the" recommended Wedding Planning service from my venue (Calamigos Ranch) and this was definitely a decision that I did not regret! During my initial meetings and conversations with Mindy, she was very personable and professional. As it got close to my wedding, she was very efficient and organized to ensure that my day would go off without a hitch! I had numerous questions, which Mindy answered at ease and with a quick turnaround time. A coordinator from her team was the actual on-site planner (Joy De La Rosa), but Mindy did ensure to stop by to make sure that everything was going smoothly.

Joy was also an absolute pleasure to work with and very helpful during the entire wedding! I highly recommend Mindy Events to any bride that is looking for a Wedding Coordinator!

Sent on 08/20/2013
  • User3071957 · 2+ years ago

When it was recommended to me to hire a coordinator I thought it was too expensive for my budget and not a necessity, BOY WAS I WRONG! Mindy was absolutely amazing! She is professional, gets right to work and she was always available to answer questions and promptly responded to emails and calls. Had I had a larger budget I would have hired her to plan the entire event, however her day of coordination service is economical and worth every penny. Mindy is extremely attentive to the needs of the bride and groom and was there from the very beginning and stayed up until the very end to make sure nothing was left behind. We highly recommend her for any event and can't thank her enough for making everything go so smoothly.
    We love you, Mindy... and so do all my bridesmaids !!!

Sent on 07/26/2013

Mariel · Married on 07/03/2013

Initially, we thought it would just be "nice" to have a day-of planner to help out during the day at Calamigos ranch for our wedding. We got what we expected and SO much more!!! She met with us to go over our schedule and vendors, suggested a timeline, and was so on top of it! I asked about a rehearsal lunch and BAM information was sent to me and she had already made contact with them. But that was just the beginning.
    The day of the wedding, we took a deep breath, thinking of all the things that needed to be set up. We got there: she had already had most everything set up perfectly!! She had contacted all vendors and knew most of them already which was nice. The while day went perfectly and smoothly. We now call her the stealthy ninja. You never noticed her, yet we couldn't live without her and she was behind the scenes the whole night. She kept things on time too. And packing up? She secretly had the top layer of cake put in the car along with everything else. We literally could not have done it without her! Totally worth the money too!

Sent on 07/30/2013

Beth · Married on 06/21/2013

We cannot thank Mindy enough for her hard work, cheerful attitude, and everything inbetween that she did to make our wedding nothing less than perfection! We hired Mindy as our day of coordinator, but she went above and beyond her "duties". Prior to the wedding, Mindy answered ALL of my questions and always put me at ease knowing everything would be taken care of for our big day! Throughout the entire wedding process, we were impressed with Mindy's professionalism as well as her devotion to making me feel like I was the only bride she was working with at the time.
    Anyone and/or event would be lucky to have Mindy as their coordinator! If you are a bride-to-be, look no further than Mindy Events if you want your day to be FLAWLESS and your wedding to be PERFECT!

Best wishes!
    Beth and Lance

Sent on 07/16/2013

Tiffany · Married on 06/09/2013

Mindy was a tremendous asset to planning our wedding. We hired her as a day-of coordinator, but she provided so much more with great leads on vendors to use for our big day. We had no idea how much work we had ahead of us in planning every detail. In hindsight, we would have hired her for full-on wedding planning to save ourselves some headaches. Thank you Mindy for helping us keep on track. The wedding was perfect.

Sent on 12/18/2013

Michelle · Married on 05/19/2013

Mindy Events did the day-of coordinating for my wedding. Leading up to the event, Mindy walked us through all the things we needed to do to ensure that our big day would go smoothly, which it did. Initially, my fiance and I figured we could take care of everything ourselves on the day of our wedding. But with all of the things that would need attending to (Who's going to cue the DJ for the music change during the processional? Round up the wedding party? Alert the kitchen staff that dinner should start?) we realized it was better to leave everything up to someone who knew what they were doing. Plus, then we could have fun instead of worrying about details at our party. Joy was our day-of coordinator and she was great. More importantly we could leave the worrying about details to her. She was incredibly thoughtful, helpful and attentive. I highly recommend Mindy Events.

Sent on 06/04/2013

Lee · Married on 05/12/2013

Mindy Roderick was an absolute rock star throughout the wedding process—her experience, her sense of humor, her bottomless Rolodex, and her love for her work make her an ideal collaborator.

We had strong ideas about how we wanted our special day to look and feel, and Mindy was a constant source of inspiration as we developed and executed those ideas together.

She kept us on track at every stage, but never pushed us too hard or rushed a decision. She wrangled the endless details with aplomb. We have her to thank first and foremost for the resounding success of our ceremony.

We would recommend her to anyone, without hesitation.

Sent on 06/05/2013

rose · Married on 05/11/2013

Where do I start?! Mindy was absolutely a treat to work with! Mindy was our Wedding Planner as well as Day-Of Coordinator and if we had to plan a wedding 100x's over again, we would not change Mindy for the world!! She was our favorite part about the entire wedding planning process. She is incredibly responsive, honest, hard working, funny!, extremely knowledgeable about local vendors and prices!, and can make ANYTHING happen! She handled any vendor conflicts with such grace and care, it was as if she was a personal Guardian Angel to ensure not a thing would bother us on the day of or days prior! The day was an incredible and such a happy experience! We received so many compliments that the day's events went so "seamlessly" and we only have Mindy to thank for that! Mindy was incredible to work with and she will always hold a huge part of our hearts for giving us an amazing wedding day and the enjoyable year of planning that preceded it! We will always attribute having a lifetime of beautiful wedding memories to Mindy!

Sent on 05/29/2013

Steven · Married on 03/29/2013

Mindy was very professional and responsive to the needs of my bride and me. The wedding came off without a hitch because of her efforts.

Sent on 05/22/2013

Jessica · Married on 01/20/2013

I worked with Mindy as my Day of Coordinator for my January 20th wedding at The Victorian in Santa Monica. Mindy came highly referred and the recommendations I received were spot on. She was such a pleasure to work with and made sure I didn't have to worry about a thing when the big day arrived. Mindy went above and beyond and I would highly recommend her for any of your wedding planning needs.

Sent on 05/28/2013

Niloo · Married on 01/19/2013

Mindy is a must-have on your wedding day!! At first I wasn't sure if I needed a wedding coordinator. Our wedding was a fairly small wedding (only 50 people). But thank GOD I hired Mindy. I was able to provide her with all of the wedding stuff (place cards, seating chart, guest gift favors, etc) the day before so that when I arrived to the venue on my wedding day, everything was set up and ready to go. I couldn't imagine having to set all that stuff up on my own (in my wedding dress), or assigning a friend to do it. After all, your friends are also your guests on your wedding day and shouldn't be left with all that responsibly. Plus, Mindy just knows what shes doing. She knew our venue like the back of her hand and walked us through everything! Where I would be walking down the aisle, in what order we will be walking, everything. Also, another super plus is Mindy had a glass of champagne ready for my husband and I every time I saw her. It was just such a magical and beautiful day and SO much of that was because of Mindy. She really made the day so stress-free for us. We didn't have to run around and do everything ourselves.

Thank you so much Mindy!! I will recommend you to anyone that is looking for an event planner or day of coordinator!

Sent on 05/22/2013

Catherine · Married on 10/06/2012

One of the best decisions we made when planning our wedding was to hire Mindy as our day-of coordinator. Mindy is a wonderful person to know and to work with; she is at the top of her game. Throughout the planning process Mindy helped us organize and schedule our wedding day, she answered ALL of our questions, communicated with vendors and gained our trust completely. It was because of this that my husband and I could relax and enjoy our day, knowing Mindy was there to handle everything. And she did!

I could list all that she did from setting-up the ceremony and reception areas, to administering first-aid (band-aids for my feet!), to acting as impromptu seamstress (my bustle broke!), to impressing my parents as the hardest working person they’ve met, to collecting and packing everything up at night…but Mindy’s contribution to our day goes beyond all of that. It was the blissful peace-of-mind that she gave us that made our wedding so absolutely perfect! Needless to say, we fell in love with Mindy.

If you happen to be getting married at Calamigos (like we did), then you are in luck. Mindy knows Calamigos inside and out and will be an invaluable resource throughout your journey.

Sent on 10/17/2012