Mindy & Co. Events Reviews

109 | Thousand Oaks, CA

109 Reviews for Mindy & Co. Events

Anna · Married on 12/31/2017

We hired Mindy as our day-of wedding coordinator for our Indian/Filipino/Salvadorean/New Orleanian NYE wedding of 450 guests. We had to do our homework beforehand in terms of arranging our vendors and all the main details. A couple weeks before the wedding, we started to discuss with her what we had in mind and she took it from there. Mindy was the glue that kept our wedding running smoothly. I cannot imagine what it would have been like without her. She went above and beyond what was required in order to make the weekend memorable. What stood out was her calm and cool demeanor in the face of what felt like utter chaos at times. She handled 2 days complete with a full Catholic mass and Mexican buffet lunch, an early morning second-line style Baraat with a live band, a 2 hour long Hindu Ceremony with lunch reception, a cocktail hour and reception that lasted until 2am, and my groom becoming ill and requiring some last minute schedule changes. Amazing! In the midst of all her other duties, however, she still made it a priority to check on us and make sure we were fed, that we had drinks in our hands, and that we weren’t worrying ourselves with wedding details. We even had wedding guests tell us how they appreciated her attentiveness to detail and her seemingly superhuman ability to be in so many places at once. It’s the kind of work ethic that certainly shines, and I know the wedding was a success because of it. We would recommend her for any type of event, because she can handle it and turn it into something truly special. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts, Mindy!

Kiri · Married on 08/04/2017

Mindy was an amazing coordinator! She made sure my wedding went really smooth and that I had nothing to worry about. She took care of everything I needed her to and made my wedding truly PERFECT!

Emily · Married on 04/17/2016

If you are having a wedding at Calamigos-- Mindy is your gal. My husband and I hired Mindy & her team for our full-time wedding planner. We signed on with her about 9 months prior to our wedding date, soon after we signed at Calamigos and she was well worth the $$. Now most brides think they can do it all. I thought I could do it all... yea, no... I couldn't. Mindy is the BEST. She had a lot of vendors to choose from and they were able to work with in budget--and helped us to save some money. She asked the awkward questions for us, and really made us feel at ease. She texted us back in a timely manner, made sure we stayed on scheduled, kept us fed during our wedding, and laughed at our terrible jokes... Mindy went the extra mile and we are so happy we hired her for our wedding.

Mindy killed it as our day-of coordinator. She really kept everything organized with a fantastic attitude. She also really helped even me out when I was feeling stressed out and made sure I sat down to eat instead of talking to people all night haha! My dress got muddy during pictures, and she bustled it herself to hide all of the tulle that had gotten dirty. My fiancé and I couldn't have been happier with how much she helped us. HIRE HER!!

L · Married on 11/01/2015

We were referred to Mindy by our venue, Calamigos Ranch. Look no further, she is the best! Knowledgeable, helpful and insightful. She answered all our questions (and I had a lot) leading up to the day and on the day of, nothing was missed. She was on top of everything and always had a smile. Our wedding was perfect. I know this because all of our family & friends said so!

Gina · Married on 09/26/2015

We had the good fortune of having Mindy & Co. provide “Day Of” wedding planning for our wedding at The Sunset in Malibu. Kristi Dippel was our planner. I really can’t say enough about how wonderful Mindy and her team are. Over the course of 7 months or so, I had many questions, countless emails, for them about various details regarding the ceremony and reception. They were patient and courteous and answered every question I had. Kristi worked so well under pressure and was so professional and sweet on the day of our wedding. Kristi managed all of the different family dynamics and personalities like a complete professional. I had quite a bit of decor and was very "Type-A" about where and how everything in the event room was to be placed. Kristi had arranged everything perfectly as I had requested! During the reception, Kristi took care to make sure my husband and I were able to eat and have drinks. She was just an angel! Our wedding reception and ceremony went perfectly as planned and I am so grateful to Kristi and the whole team at Mindy & Co. Events. I would absolutely recommend them to anyone in need of wedding planning services!!

Working with Mindy was the best decision I could have possibly made re: my big day! With a busy corporate job, I had little time to focus on any wedding details - but Mindy made everything so easy and fun that I didn't have to worry about a thing. She linked me with vendors that matched my tastes, was full of suggestions to help make everything even more beautiful, and worked out every single logistic for me to ensure a seamless and perfect event. We have so many friends and family that have commented that our wedding was the most beautiful and memorable that they've ever attended... and I credit much of that to Mindy as I couldn't have ever pulled it off on my own!

Christina · Married on 08/15/2015

I do not know what I would have done without Mindy!!! I'll start there..
    Our venue was at a California State Park and it had a long list of rules and guidelines. We had two and half hours to set up the entire event. We had a guest list of 220 people, so it wasn't an easy task. Everything was completely set up exactly the way I imagined it. Mindy would meet with us about once a month to go over misc. details and schedules. She always had time for us and anything we wanted to add or change, was never a problem. I know for a fact, if Mindy wasn't a part of my Wedding, it would have been so incredibly stressful. Her list of vendors were absolutely amazing. We used every single one. Each vendor gave us detailed quotes and they were all priced better than any vendor I found myself. The connections Mindy has are priceless. When you do this for a living, you know who is good at what they do and who is just okay. Mindy has the BEST team! That is so important when choosing a wedding planner!! We interviewed 4 planners and when it came down to it, Mindy was the only choice! She is so fun and never seemed stressed. She was not only my Wedding Planner, we are proud to say, she is one of our friends. =)

sriramya · Married on 06/27/2015

Mindy and her team were a pleasure to work with. Planning a west coast wedding when you live in the east coast is obviously very stressful. Mindy was incredibly helpful and a true partner throughout the planning process. She helped me select amazing vendors for decor, floral arrangements, DJ and wedding cake. Leah (Mindy's assistant) was our wedding co-ordinator. She was incredibly friendly, helpful, and professional, and left me with such peace of mind both leading up to and during my wedding. They always say their job is to give the bride her dream "stress-free" wedding and they did it. On my wedding day, I didnt have worry about a thing. I had a beautiful and perfect beach wedding. All thanks to Mindy and her team.

• KCHammou

Krystin · Married on 06/20/2015

Truly amazing to work with! Great team!

Look no further! Mindy & Co is absolutely amazing! Mindy is easy to talk to, full of ideas and has so many awesome vendors. Mindy is wonderful at what she does and overall is a wonderful person! We don't know what we would have done without her.

Clint · Married on 03/28/2015

We were looking for a day of coordinator and were completely satisfied with Mindy. She took the time to make sure we had the exact wedding we wanted. She arrived early to set-up our decor and was almost ready before the bridal party even arrived. She is sharp, responsive, and knows how to make executive decisions while weighing in our wants and needs.

Our wedding day went by smoothly and the night flew by. We would have been lost without Mindy, as we and our bridal party quickly lost track of time immediately after the ceremony. Mindy always made sure we followed our timeline and was quick to adjust to any changes that popped up. We wanted to include games, and she made sure we had time for them.

Mindy is also great at improvising on the fly. We planned to have a straight forward grand entrance, but she quickly grabbed our DIY photobooth props and instructed our BMS and GMS to strut in and strike a quick pose before grabbing a seat. We are so glad she made this addition because the photos looked amazing!

Mindy also did a wonderful job of bustling my wife's wedding gown. When she was done, the bottom looked like a completely different dress. The train was tucked away and the bottom half resembled Belle's gown from Beauty and the Beast. My wife had originally planned for an outfit change due to her long trail, but ended up wearing her wedding gown all night because it became so easy for her to move. Mindy was also very good at making sure we had something to eat from the beginning to the end. We had a never-ending supply of alcohol delivered to us no matter where we were throughout the night. Towards the end of the night as the dancing was underway, Mindy was running around and helping to pack all of our things so that we would be ready to leave right when the music stopped without having to worry about all the clean-up afterwards.

Mindy was definitely a life saver at various times throughout our wedding, and we'd highly recommend her and her team.

Mindy is AMAZING! She made our big day so perfect and so easy for us!!!

Shannon · Married on 02/15/2015

Mindy was wonderful to us before and during our wedding! She definitely knows what she is doing and has it down to an art. We had our wedding at Calamigos Ranch and she was able to get everything done the way we wanted. She was great at communicating with us through every step of the preparation and wedding day. Mindy kept everything on track the day of the wedding and she kept me fed/ hydrated all throughout the night. She was a huge reason we were able to have fun on our wedding and not worry about the logistics or timing. We couldn't have had a more smoothly run wedding without her and Chrissy!

Chloe · Married on 10/26/2014

I hired Mindy to be my "day of coordinator" for my wedding at Calamigos Ranch, she was amazing and went above and beyond and did far more than just the day of event planning. She met with me regularly and helped guide me in the right direction with my evening. I felt really comfortable with Mindy from the first day I met with her I felt like we clicked, she was very professional through the entire process and I knew the day of my wedding that she would take care of everything for me and I would not have to worry. My wedding was perfect and everything went without a hitch and I know a lot of that was because of Mindy. I love her and would recommend her to anyone.

Susie · Married on 10/04/2014

Mindy is an angel sent from the wedding planning gods. She is friendly beyond words, professional, organized, patient, thoughtful, and knows her stuff! I can't begin to thank Mindy and her staff enough for the time and energy they put into making our wedding day one to remember! It was a pleasure!!!!

kacey · Married on 09/19/2014

My husband and I (strange saying that still) chose Mindy after being referred by our venue, the Sunset Restaurant in Malibu. We were handling a lot of the work on our own so Mindy was hired as our day of coordinator and we had a few meetings and conversations with her during the months leading up. She was very attentive and responsive to any questions we had. We live in Las Vegas so she was very helpful in getting us information we needed for our event in Malibu.

The day before the wedding a member of her staff came and met us at our hotel and picked up all of our decorations. After a brief conversation to go over some of the details we felt confident that everything would be just the way we wanted it.... and we could not have been more right! Mindy and her team had everything just the way we envisioned (and better).

When it came time to get the ball rolling and get everyone in order she was on top of it and made our day so stress free... even going as far as to sew up my sister's dress after it ripped minutes before she was supposed to walk down the aisle. Everything went so smooth... she made sure we were happy and kept everything on schedule up to the very end.

I would recommend Mindy to anyone in the area looking for a coordinator. I wish we had hired her to help with more of the process... I definitely would have been less stressed LOL.

Thank you Mindy!

Miho · Married on 09/13/2014

I was referred Mindy from The Victorian (wedding venue in Santa Monica). She helped our wedding as a Day-of-Wedding Coordinator. We only had couple meetings before the wedding day, however she kept track every detail and have done her job so well. Her knowledge about wedding is very impressive and she knows exactly needed to done for each phase (ceremony, reception, dance etc.) and help us to create the best wedding that my husband I can ever wished for. Without her, we were never able to have same experience at the day! I am so glad that I met her and asked her to be my coordinator :)

Amanda · Married on 09/07/2014

Mindy is an ANGEL. She is wonderful at EVERYTHING and made EVERY aspect of our special day beautiful and amazing! Thank you, Mindy!!!

Kaitlin · Married on 08/31/2014

Mindy was amazing! From our first hello to our last good bye she did everything to make me feel relaxed and at ease. I trusted her opinion, suggestions, and ideas. My wedding day was so extremely enjoyable for me, my husband, our families and guests all because of the love and thoughtfulness that Mindy put into our weddin.

Aurora · Married on 08/03/2014

One word comes to mind when I think of Mindy, and that is ANGEL!!! First off, this is such a long overdue review, but I need to tell the world how absolutely amazing Mindy is. My husband and I got in touch with her 18 months before our wedding date, we set up a meeting and quickly fell in love with her and hired her for coordinating our entire wedding. Through out the entire wedding planning she was always there, never absent or distracted. In the beginning of our engagement friends would always "warn us about the stress planning a wedding was", but we never experienced any of that stress, and we have Mindy to thank to for that. I never felt like I had the "bride to be gene", I had NO clue what I wanted, and what would even look good, all I knew was that I wanted a very romantic but simple day- Mindy was amazing in guiding us through ideas, and visions of what the day would look like. She was always very responsive, any question I had I knew I could text, email or call and she would answer. The massive list of vendors she works with is awesome and very impressive. They all have so much respect for her and work so well with her. The day of our wedding was absolutely perfect!! She was the first to arrive to our venue and the very last person to leave. We had a couple of unpredicted events(drizzled day of, a few guests had a little too much fun at the bar), but Mindy did such an amazing job in getting everything back on track, from the toast, to cake cutting, first dances, that at the end no one noticed any of those issues. I was even honored to have her on the dance floor with me, which by the way... she is an AMAZING dancer!! Mindy is just amazing, a very kind and loving person. We are honored and so happy to have had her coordinate our wedding from day 1 of our planning, but also very fortunate and extremely blessed to have turned this into a friendship. She is our angel! She LOVES LOVE!!!

Roya · Married on 07/25/2014

Mindy provided us with a personal experience that went way above and beyond what is expected of a wedding planner. When the day finally arrived, to us, it felt like Mindy should have been a guest at our wedding rather than planning it. But plan she did, and to say we were impressed with her warmth, professionalism, knowledge, and creativity would be an understatement.

We hired Mindy with less than four months to plan our wedding and due to time and distance constraints we left nearly everything up to her. We trusted her to deliver and gave her very little to work with. What we got was our dream wedding. She literally did everything from choosing the colors, flowers, chalkboards, table -- everything.

She has a Rolodex of local vendors to accommodate all different budgets and tastes.

Hire Mindy. You cannot possibly do better.

• Sondra

Sondra · Married on 06/14/2014

We booked services through Mindy & Co. for day-of-coordinating at our wedding. Mindy was our go-to up until our date, and Teri was our coordinator for our big day. Mindy was readily available to give us lots of good advice and support throughout our planning process. My now husband and I had already discussed that things would inevitably go wrong on our big day, and we would just stay happy no matter what. Within a few minutes of arriving to our venue, one of the groomsmen pants ripped down the back seam. (No joke - like out of a movie). Without skipping a beat, Teri showed up with a sewing kit and fixed his pants. We were all able to laugh off the situation because of her ability to react so quickly! Somehow, that was the only "issue" we had all night. Teri simultaneously was ensuring that not only we were in the right place at the right time, but also that we were genuinely happy. She was one step ahead at all times, ready to ease us into the next part of the day. She was even placing drinks in my hand right when I wanted one, as if she could read my mind! I was approached by my entire bridal party, my parents, and my husband's parents at the wedding to let me know that Teri was the most wonderful coordinator and person to work with. I know she did a lot of running around behind the scenes to ensure that my husband and I were having the best day of our lives. Thank you to Mindy & Teri for assisting us to have the most perfect wedding day we could have ever dreamed of!

Torie · Married on 06/08/2014

Mindy was fantastic. My wedding was great and her services allowed me to relax and know everything was being taken care of.

Kelly · Married on 06/01/2014

Mindy was excellent to work with, very responsive!