39 Reviews for Mimi Decor and Wedding flowers

Non-Floral (2)
Chuppah Decor (1)
Flower Petals (1)
Single Flowers (1)

I scheduled a consultation appointment with Mimi’s assistant named Hana. Hana was courteous and informative. I am oblivious when it comes to decor, however with my sister’s assistance and Hana we were able to come up with something. Unfortunately I did not get a chance to meet Mimi because she is currently out of the country. However, during my consultation I was able to speak with Mimi via phone. I was applaud how Mimi made herself available and explained the process thoroughly. At this time, I haven’t confirmed to hire Mimi, but I recommend her services due to the dedication on her business. Mimi and Hana, I’m hoping with my budget I could still utilize your services to make my dream magical wedding come true.
Tebles Haile recommended via Sara Haile wedd date 10/2/10

Profile Picture Tebles , 7/28/18, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Mimi was AMAZING! She seriously knows what's she's doing and I can say that during this process she has become a friend to my husband and I. She was completely professional and made sure that everything was beautiful (and that I remained calm). I shared my concerns with her about the aesthetics of the venue we chose (it wasn't necessarily the prettiest venue in the D.C. area) but she completely transformed our venue to look like something out of a magazine. I would recommend her to anyone. She works with your budget and your vision. This is truly her God given gift.

Profile Picture Mallory, 10/22/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Table Arrangements, Non-Floral

Working with Mimi for our wedding decor was one of the best experiences in planning my wedding. She is a phenomenal woman, a creative genius and a perfectionist. Her professionalism is amazing and yet she is so personable that interacting with her is just easy. She is positive and calm and this would put any anxious bride at ease. Her work was the highlight of our wedding-- a breathtaking venue that set the tone for the rest of the evening. I know my husband and I will always be grateful for Mimi for the creation of our dream wedding every time we revisit our beautiful wedding. If you are planning your wedding, hiring Mimi decor will be the best decision you will ever make!

Photos
Profile Picture Memar, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Mimi amazing individual! I'm so grateful I was able to connect with youl less than two month left of the wedding. Your exceptional service and understanding of my situation, was beyond my expectations . You work well with everyone, definitely deliver what you promised. Thank you so much for giving me my dream wedding, more than what expected. You were professional, amazing creator, people will be luck to have you in there corner doing magic.

Profile Picture Howe, 9/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Mimi decor made my wedding dream come true. Her amazing decorating skills blew my mind away when I saw it on my wedding day... it was more than I have ever imagined. Mimi does a lot of weddings but somehow she knows how to make each one look unique and different. She was literally like a best friend during my whole planning process. She was always flexible and professional during our meetings. She is a very busy woman with a successful business and a family but she always took the time for me. Her work is excellent and her personality is amazing. She will give you exactly what you ask for and make it so amazing. Decoration was a top priority for me and she went above and beyond what i asked. Thank you Mimi!

Profile Picture Mimi, 7/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Mimi was amazing! She gave us great advice and was defiantly budget friendly. The decoration was amazing and the fresh flowers were to die for. Our guests are still talking about them. She was professional at all times and went above and beyond to make our day more beautiful than we could have ever imagined. She was a real gem to work with and her eye for detail is undeniable.

Profile Picture Melat, 9/17/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Lighting & Decor

Mimi Decor and her team are amazing!
From our very first meeting to the actual event, she has been there through every step of the decor process. Planning decor for an Indian wedding is not easy, but she made the process so seamless. I was very particular about every detail of the decor, but Mimi had no problem answering my calls/emails in a timely fashion and getting me an answer to every question I had. The most compliments I received after the wedding was over, was about the decor. All of my guests were “WOWED” by Mimi’s work. A couple of years ago, we hired a different vendor for my sister's wedding and were greatly disappointed. The bad thing about weddings is you can only do it once, so you must choose wisely on who you give the job to. Many other designers do not deliver what they promote or show you but with Mimi this is not the case. Don't get let down by others, if you want the best of the best, then Mimi Decor is definitely it!!

Profile Picture Nakit, 8/28/16, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

With out asking any one please go in person and discuss your self. MIMI is honest and very helpful from the start to the end. Thank you so much MIMI for making our weeding great.
AMY and BERHANU

Profile Picture berhanu, 8/27/16, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

I LOVED working with Mimi Decor for my wedding and will definitely call on her again for special events in the future. Her designs are beautiful, and if like me, you have a definite look in mind, she will execute it flawlessly! I asked her to create huge decorations for my outdoor wedding and the venue was truly enchanting. And the reception/dinner venue was also so beautiful - everyone loved it! Details were covered; she added her flair for a truly wonderful presentation. I have beautiful photos and video that my family will treasure always! And Mimi is a woman of her word. If she says she will do it, its done. She is the kind of person you want to work with on an event because there are so many details and unexpected things that can arise you don't want to worry that your event decorator will drop the ball. I never worried about Mimi coming through and she did not disappoint! She is cool, calm, collected, efficient and organized. LOVED working with her! Thanks Mimi, for doing your part to give me a happy, happy wedding day!!!

Profile Picture User6865835, 1+ year ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor

Mimi is an excellent innovative professional. Upon on our first meeting, Mimi knew exactly what we wanted for our big day and she delivered it. Her experience, confidence and personality is plausible. My wife and I are very happy with the kind of service she provided us. Our ball room looked fairly tale. It is unbelievable what she did.

Thank you, Mimi. We wish you immense success and luck in your personal life and professional career.

Profile Picture Isac, 8/5/16, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Mimi did a fantastic job for our wedding. Her decorations were excellent and many people took notice. She gives you an idea of what your decorations and layout will look like on wedding day when you go to her office which has many samples to choose from. She has been doing this for may years and is clearly one of the best at what she does. Money well spent!

Profile Picture Essay, 5/28/16, 1 Review
4.3

It was a geniune pleasure using Mimi's Decor. She was able to really help me plan an elegant wedding for my daughter. Her pricing was very reasonable for a person like me who was doing this on my own on a limited budget. I would recommend her to all of my friends!!

Profile Picture Jacqueline, 10/17/15, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

Tsega and I met with Mimi Décor in February 2015 in preparation for our wedding which was on 9/12 - 9/13/15.   After meeting with several decorators we selected Mimi because of her reputation, her deep connections in the industry and more importantly the ease by which she dealt with us.  My wife and I did not want to have a lot of contract with a lot of vendors and Mimi has a very deep connection so not only was she our decorator she was also the person through whom we contract our waiters that served at our wedding as well as all our plates, chairs etc.  She made our life easy because she was a one stop shop for a lot of our key wedding needs.

This was a traditional Ethiopian wedding so in addition to our reception Mimi decorated our Church and as well as our Melse the next day.   We met with Mimi five times before the wedding.  I can tell you she was always available, informative and gave us the best price she could.  She is knowledgeable and was also able to give us additional contacts for people we used for other services (i.e. Hair Dressers).   Above what was contracted Mimi went out of her way to Make our wedding venue look amazing.  All our guests could not believe how beautifully the venue was decorated.  She is gifted, talented and one of the most amazing human being we had met.

Simply put Mimi is the reason why our guests enjoyed our wedding and why our wedding was successful.  We recommend Mimi to anyone who is looking to get married.  Words are not adequate to share how delighted we are for having had her as our decorator and we would recommend her to anyone else to decorate your wedding.  Mimi is the epitome of what a Decorator Should BE.

Tsega & Dee
410-218-6148
deeharris50@hotmail.com

Profile Picture Dee, 9/12/15, 1 Review
Category: Flowers, Party Supplies
Services Used: Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Set Up, Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Chuppah Decor, Corsages, Flower Petals, Single Flowers, Table Arrangements

Mimi previously decorated one of my bridesmaids’ weddings so I had no doubts that we were in good hands and she would deliver top notch and reliable services. Mimi went above and beyond her decorator duties to make sure everything was more than I could have ever dreamed of. She even made suggestions to help us save money in some areas and was honest when she felt we should invest more in other areas. Every suggestion she made was spot on! It's been three months since our wedding and everyone is still talking about the elegant decorations, beautiful bouquets, and stunning mood lighting. If you want a stress-free experience on your wedding day from a quality decorator, Mimi is your girl ;) She isn't just a decorator trying to make a buck, she takes pride in her work and it shows!

Profile Picture R, 7/25/15, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies
Services Used: Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Set Up, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Non-Floral, Table Arrangements

My wedding event was at the Springfield Golf and Country Club. Initially, I called the two florists on its preferred vendor list. One of them was not responsive and the other doesn't have the tall vases I wanted. Furthermore, they don't have any columns for flower decor. Out of frustration, I went online and found Mimi Decor. The pictures they had on the website were very impressive so I immediately called them. When we went her studio, I saw all kinds of tall vases and decorations. This is why I immediately signed the contract. On the wedding day, all guests were very impressed with those fresh flowers. They were beautiful. Mimi Decor is the BEST in town!!!

Profile Picture Holly, 5/16/15, 1 Review
4.7

Mimi is a wonderful person to work with. She works with you personally and will go above and beyond to make sure everything is exactly what you want. Mimi did my Sisters' wedding decor and I loved it so much that I asked her to do mine as well. My wedding decor was beyond amazing and I enjoyed every moment of it! I definitely recommend her to anyone and everyone!

Profile Picture Serena, 10/5/14, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Mimi is a wonderful person very helpful very polite and down to earth. Her work is amazing and professional. I'm happy and satisfied.

Profile Picture Menna, 8/31/14, 1 Review
1.0

Mimi Stop trying to dispute my review. You are a horrible person. You stole my deposit and never gave me my money back. I will locate that invoice and send it to the dispute department as proof and for them not to remove the REVIEW. You didn't provide the services and give me my deposit back. You were rude and nasty to my family! EVERYONE please becareful with this lady and if you decide to go with her services ASK for a well written CONTRACT stating that there is NO REFUND!

Profile Picture DESIREE, 5/3/14, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

This is so great I don’t need to make any revisions to it at all. Outstanding work Mimiye!

Profile Picture menen, 7/20/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Flowers, Invitations, Party Supplies, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

I HAVE NO WORDS ABOUT MIMI'S SERVICE, SHE WAS HELPFULL, AMZING DECORATER. WE DID NOT HAVE IDEA HOW THE PLACE WE HAD CAN BE THAT REVERSE SHE DID AMIRACLE HER PRICE WAS NOT CLOSE TO HOW THE PLACE LOOKED. WE THOUGHT WE WERE IN HEVEN THANK YOU SO MUCH MIMIE WE LOVE YOU!!!!

Profile Picture HANA, 7/14/12, 1 Review
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

Mimi did such an amazing job with my wedding. The flowers were the perfect colors, our tables and chairs looked amazing and spectacular, and our head table looked magical! I can't wait for my wedding pictures to see how it looks. My guests were very impressed and I was thrilled with the result! Thanks Mimi!!!

Profile Picture Maya, 6/2/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I had hired mimi decore various times and obtained the best services ever. Memi decor has a great customer service and flexiblity. They have been available when everer we needed them. Great appreciation for quality of services.

Profile Picture mulugeta, 10/30/10, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Mimi was by far the most helpful vendor/individual I worked with during my wedding planning. I hired her to decorate my venue and she did a spectacular work and the result was so fulfilling to my husband and I. She did not only provide her services, but she also offered recommendations to my florist who was not affiliated with her. She did not have to do that. Mimi is creative, professional, responsible, unique, pleasant and above all friendly. I am so grateful that another bride that my husband knows recommended Mimi. My wedding would not have looked the way it did if Mimi did not provide her services. After several months passing of the wedding people still talk about the decorations. Once again my family and I were extremely satisfied with her work.

Profile Picture Sara , 10/2/10, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

We were very pleased with Mimi's decoration. She was very responsive and professional. We are happy that we selected her as our decor.

Profile Picture Bemnet , 9/4/10, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Mimi is excellent. The decoration & flowers were so beautiful and I received a lot of compliments. What a nice job she did!!! She is a real professional and has a wonderful personality. I would highly highly recommend her for any event.

Profile Picture T, 7/24/10, 1 Review