Mil Besos Costa Rica Reviews

Mil Besos Costa Rica 6
Mil Besos Costa Rica 7
  • Michelle

Michelle Ma · Getting married on 11/03/2020

Couldn't have done it without Meghan!

Couldn't have done it without Meghan and her team! I tried to plan the wedding on my own for the first few months but quickly realized it was almost close to impossible considering I live in a different country nor do I speak the language. Spoke to several wedding planners over the phone before hiring Mil Besos. I chose Meghan because we clicked over the phone very easily and knew we would get along great. She made the process very easy to follow with her phone app (we pretty much planned the whole wedding using the app and texting.)
    The number 1 star on her team that I can't gush enough about is her designer, Catalina! LOVE LOVE Catalina! She was awesome, easy to work with, answered all my questions/texts with quick responses anytime during the day. Catalina also served as my "therapist" at one point with guests drama as the wedding date got closer haha. I would say Catalina was definitely an integral part of the planning, I kept in touch with her the most. There was communication issues with the hotel venue (Villa Caletas) but Cat and Meghan were on them to make sure things were getting done and always kept me in the loop.
    Kristina was my day of coordinator, she is awesome! Very direct and straight to the point with any decisions on the day of which I appreciated so I didn't have to really think or decide anything last minute. Took the stress off of me.
    After the wedding was over, at least half the guests mentioned how it was one of the most beautiful, most put together wedding they have attended. Even my photographer and videographers thought it was one the smoothest weddings they have worked. Overall, I couldn't have picked a better team to help plan out my big day!

Sent on 05/22/2019

Mil Besos Costa Rica's reply:

Thank you so much Michelle! This is truly our goal, to give you peace of mind, have fun along the way, deliver the day you envision, and impress the hell out of your guests! And I couldn't agree with you more - Cata is AMAZING - I can't gush about her enough either!!! Each of us is so happy to have been a part of your day - I think our values and style aligned well with yours. We loved that you had a unique vision for the day - and we loved that you gave us the opportunity to create that with you! Your modern tropical look, the bold black and white palette with a punch of vibrant green, is one of our all time favorite designs. You & David are a wonderful couple and I know you'll have all the happiness in the world. Thank you again for having us along on your planning & wedding adventure! xoxo
  • Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn Krivan · Getting married on 06/05/2020

Highly Recommend!!

Meghan and her team are absolutely amazing. Meghan quickly became attune to my personality and style and adapted to it with professionalism and thoughtfulness. All of her suggestions took into consideration the many conversations we had. If I needed additional options for vendors, layout, etc., she would always return promptly with several well researched suggestions.

Having Meghan behind the wheel was invaluable. I honestly could not imagine having gone through the process without her. Between her experience, vendor connections, and insights the day went off without a hitch.

Also - Catalina, our wedding designer, was a dream. She made the process SO fun. Her creativity, eye for design, and dedication to our day made it feel as though it was as important to her as it was to us. I cannot say enough good things about her.

To hire the Mil Besos team is to guarantee success.

Cheers and good luck!

Sent on 07/09/2019

Mil Besos Costa Rica's reply:

Thank you Kait! This makes my heart burst really, I loved getting to know you and planning with you, and I know Cata did as well. I really valued how you paid attention to detail and you wanted a beautiful wedding for sure, but you never lost sight of the prize - your excitement about being married to Matt was obvious and ever-present. We are all susceptible to letting the details of the wedding overshadow the reason we're having it, but it's like you were immune to that because the Marriage and life after the wedding was always the most exciting part for you! The love both of you have for each other was really beautiful to see and I'm so grateful to have been a part of celebrating that and I look forward to staying connected in instagram to watch the next chapters in your life/love story :) Huge congrats to you & Matt! xoxo
  • Brooke

Brooke · Married on 05/25/2019

Fairy Tale Wedding thanks to the Mil Besos Team!

We decided we wanted to do a destination wedding and get married in Costa Rica, one of our favorite places. At first, I tried to start planning on my own, and was able to get a decent amount done (venue booked, dress found, photographer and videographer) on my own. I soon came to realize that there is A LOT that goes into planning a wedding, especially when you live in another Country (we live in Texas) and your Spanish is sub-par to say the least.

I found Meghan and the Mil Besos Team after doing tons of research on planners. I loved how they had experience both here in the States as well as in Costa Rica. The Team was wonderful from the moment I first interacted with them! I remember wanting to hug Meghan the first time I spoke with her. I felt like she was my guardian angel sent to help take all of the stressors away that planning the biggest day of your life can bring upon you.

They thought of EVERYTHING! So many things I would never have even thought of. All I had to do was outline my vision, and they went to work making it happen. We did floral trials, food tastings, shipped fake flowers in from China, made our own napkin rings, and so many other small details that one would think a planner would never help with. They truly love what they do and take pride in making this day your most special and memorable day.

The planning is one thing, but the execution is another. The day of the wedding the team made sure every step of the way was covered. Everyone in my Wedding Party knew where to go, when to be there and what to do. It was like they were a team of Wedding Ninjas just knocking things out left and right. I had the most stress free wedding experience I can imagine and it really is all thanks to the Mil Besos Team.

It isn't just one person that you work with. You work with a designer, a florist expert, a planning expert, etc. They use an application to make communications easy and are always available, no matter what time of day or night. Do yourself a favor and hire this Team. You will not regret it. It was the best decision I made throughout my whole planning process.

Thank you Mil Besos! You truly are amazing at what you do and we cannot thank you enough for making our day one we will never forget. :)

Sent on 08/14/2019
    Mil Besos Costa Rica 19
    Mil Besos Costa Rica 20
    Mil Besos Costa Rica 21

Mil Besos Costa Rica's reply:

Brooke, I loved connecting with you on our first call as well - we just clicked and it was like planning with a friend the entire time! And the awesome part was you connected with ALL of us so it truly was a dream team planning together.

We already miss planning with you and can't wait to see you again - anniversary trip to Costa Rica?? :)

And thank you for your words here, and Congratulations again! You and Shahin truly amazing together. Both of your vows brought tears to EVERYONE's eyes, and your first dance the two of you were like a fairy tale - you deserve the world girl and just seeing you together you can tell right away that Shahin would give you the world and more. Besos!

Cheyenne Ludvik · Married on 05/18/2019

Dream Wedding

Our destination dream wedding came true thanks to Meghan and everyone at Mil Besos. I cannot thank them enough!

When my husband and I first decided on our Costa Rican destination wedding, we really did not no where to start. We started looking at venues online by random searches. We quickly found out we were over our heads. As a new bride Instagram and Pinterest were my new favorite apps. I wanted to see pictures of wedding in Costa Rica and various tagged locations. I was blessed by accidentally coming across a beautiful wedding picture on Mil Besos's Instagram page. I then looked up their website and saw all the wonderful reviews, awards, and various mentions they have received in bridal magazines.

I contacted the company and they were quick to respond with all of my many questions. The rest is history! Meghan was there every step of the way and made the whole wedding process a breeze. All of my guests were so impressed at the quick responses from the company when booking their stay, excursions, and flights.

Also, a huge thanks to Catalina for helping me create our beautiful wedding. She made making the big or small decisions about the wedding decor so easy and fun!

I could not recommend this company enough for helping you plan your dream destination wedding. They made the experience stress free and enjoyable. Thanks again Mil Besos!

Sent on 06/15/2019
    Mil Besos Costa Rica 22
    Mil Besos Costa Rica 23
    Mil Besos Costa Rica 24

Mil Besos Costa Rica's reply:

Cheyenne, thank you so much!! What sweet words really! You were a dream to design and plan with - you're decisive and know what you like but open to exploring ideas! The sophisticated surfer vibe with sunset palette was stunning. And you & Jake as a couple - you both have such a grounded and solid presence, sunny perspective, while also being ready to PARTY that you clearly have a fun and joy-filled life together. We're so happy to have been a part of celebrating the two of you!! Congratulations!!

Via · Married on 04/30/2019

Stress free wedding planning!

We were overwhelmed with planning a destination wedding. We initially contacted some hotels but their wedding packages weren't quite what we were looking for, they were a little too impersonal with little flexibility. So we started looking for wedding planners.

We contacted a few wedding planners but Meghan/Mil Besos was the only one that responded quickly and thoughtfully. She addressed everything I asked in our email from budget to multiple venue options.. and that was just from the first email! The app for planning was easy to follow and gave us a good timeline of when things should get done.

Our wedding day was stress free. Sol was our coordinator and she made sure we were happy and organized the entire day. The flowers and rentals were straight from my pinterest board, everything was executed exactly how we envisioned. The food vendors they suggested were FANTASTIC, my guests still tell me how great the food was. Oh! She also helped us plan our mini honeymoon in Costa Rica.. anything we were thinking of, they were there to help.

Overall, We are so happy that we chose Meghan and the Mil Besos team! Thanks again!!

Sent on 08/08/2019
  • Areli

Areli · Married on 03/09/2019

Mil Besos team is the best!

Meghan and her team were extremely attentive and were there to help us every step of the way. We really don’t know what we would’ve done without their advice. I can’t thank you enough for everything you did for us! Our wedding day was perfect.

Sent on 08/07/2019
    Mil Besos Costa Rica 29
  • Keyla

Keyla Fredricks · Married on 08/12/2018

Incredible Service

My dream of an intimate destination wedding came to life all thanks to Meghan and her Mil Besos team. Could not have chosen a better planner to have brought my dream and vision to life!

Sent on 12/10/2018

Mil Besos Costa Rica's reply:

Thank you Keyla! The photo of you & your sweet baby girl with your veil will always be one of my all-time favorites. So much love to you & your family!!

Sami G. · Married on 08/04/2018

The BEST day!

Our wedding was amazing and we have Meghan / Mil Besos to thank! We were married at a private villa that belongs to a friend of our family, so for about 5 minutes I thought about planning it myself. The logistics of bringing everything in prompted me to look for a planner. That was the best decision I could have made, everything exceeded my expectations! The flowers, the food... I am a bit of a worrier and a destination wedding comes with so many unknowns. Throughout planning Meghan was there to help me and the planning system she uses kept me comfortable knowing where I was in planning and what was coming next. Everyone that works with her had such a positive sunny vibe and they were so relaxed!!! I arrived several days ahead thinking I would have loose ends to tie up but there wasn’t anything for me to do, it was all finished, so I got to lay on the beach and fall off a LOT of surfboards in my attempts at surfing - but I did it!! You can tell they love what they do, and I’m so so happy Meghan / Mil besos was recommended to me by our friends. Absolutely 10000% recommend Meghan and her team!!

Sent on 12/05/2018

Mil Besos Costa Rica's reply:

Sami! You rock girl, and so does your surfing. We had so much fun planning with you, and I'm so happy to read your experience here, thank you for sharing!

Sharon · Married on 06/24/2018

There are not enough words available to express the appreciation we have for Mil Besos and Meghan! Meghan crafted our absolute dream wedding. Every detail down to the napkin color was thought out for both my husband and I AND all of our guests. The best thing about using a company like Mil Besos for a destination wedding is that they act as your travel agent AND your wedding planner! She ALSO planned a dream honeymoon for us! Meghan's level of professionalism is slim to none! She was right on the ball with everything from the moment we got engaged until the last minute of our honeymoon. HIGHLY recommend Mil Besos, can't say enough positive things about their entire team! Also - highly recommend taking them up on their vendor recommendations (florist, video, photo, DJ...etc.) as Meghan ONLY works with the best in the industry! THANK YOU Mil Besos for your everlasting impact on our life!

Sent on 09/13/2018
    Mil Besos Costa Rica 30
    Mil Besos Costa Rica 31

Mil Besos Costa Rica's reply:

Sharon!! You + Jake = awesome. I was tearing up during your ceremony and Jonathan Yonkers walked by and laughingly said "get it together" hahahaha! You two had such genuine emotion & joy it was really a gift to experience.

Cassie Chang · Married on 02/17/2018

They Cared as Much as I Did!

If you are thinking of a wedding in Costa Rica, Mil Besos is where you need to start! I have a hard time saying 'NO' sometimes and they always sensed when I was hesitant and coached me into figuring out what I REALLY wanted. They knew the places I visited so well, best practices, and even the locals we were working with. They pushed to meet deadlines without it feeling like they were pushing at all! They were very open to my crazy ideas, and always responsive! Even when I would email them in the middle of the night with weird thoughts or ideas. They talked to my guests for me when they had questions before we left and it felt like we all knew them before we even got there! It was like we were friends, but we hadn't even met yet! Everything just went SO smoothly, and even when I messed up timelines or one of my guests lost something they would just be there to help out! Even when I don't think it was their job, they were going out of their way to help and make sure nothing went wrong the whole 8 days we were there. They cared and took my wedding as seriously (If not more so!) as I did! If you want to do this wedding planning as smoothly and easily as possible, these guys are hands down the only way to go!

Sent on 12/05/2018

Mil Besos Costa Rica's reply:

I'm so happy to read this Cassie, thank you for sharing your experience! Plenty of brides are like you and don't have their entire wedding planned out in their heads before even talking to us, so we really enjoy helping you find your way. You guys definitely did it right with a full 8 days of adventure & beach, and I'm so glad your guests had such an amazing experience!

Amanda · Married on 07/21/2017

Amazing experience!

Meghan and Mil Besos did an excellent job making our destination wedding dreams come true! Communicating through email and Pinterest made the experience stress free and everything turned out perfect

Sent on 12/04/2018

Mil Besos Costa Rica's reply:

Thank you Amanda! Keeping the planning process simple - with perfect results - is exactly what we aim for! All the best to you!

Alysa · Married on 07/17/2017

Dream Wedding

My now husband and I firsted visited Costa Rica after 2 years of dating and made a promise to come back and get married which we did on our 7 year anniversary and they made my Dream Wedding come true and even helped with the Catholic church process which is so very hard to get done. I can never thank them enough for helping keep us calm, even when things popped up I never knew it happen until someone else mentioned it. I will never forget my beautiful wedding day.

Sent on 12/04/2018

Mil Besos Costa Rica's reply:

Thank you Alysa! We loved being a part of creating your day, and it turned out so beautifully! You're right, even with replacing the interpreter last minute I don't think you knew about it until after the fact - but that's what we're there for :) I love following your photos of your sweet family on social media!! All the best to you!!!!

Meghan · Married on 06/30/2017

My husband and I used Mil Besos to plan our destination wedding. Meghan and her team made our wedding day an absolute dream come true!!. Meghan and Cata are amazing and so easy to work with. We had a vision and they both went above and beyond to execute it. From the ceremony arch, to the flowers, to the reception venue and every detail in between, everything came together better than we could have ever imagined, we were blown away! They were both accessible whenever I had a question or wanted to run an idea by them. I always felt like I was a priority. Meghan plans for everything. We had a plan for the ceremony and reception and also a backup in case of rain which ended up coming in handy because we had to go with plan b for the ceremony. Sol was our day of coordinator, just as amazing as the rest of the team, and took care of everything. She made the appropriate changes quickly and seamlessly, always with a positive attitude and smile on her face. I did not have to worry about a thing. Not only were my husband and I taken care of, the guests were as well. Meghan worked with everyone to plan their getaway as well as book any transportation or excursions they may have wanted to do. We cannot praise this company enough! We highly recommend Mil Besos for your destination wedding. Contact Meghan immediately, you will not regret it!! Pura Vida

Sent on 07/17/2017

Tamara · Married on 04/27/2017

Meghan and her team were amazing throughout the whole process and especially the day of the wedding ...special thanks to Kristina and Carolla :) Honestly hiring a wedding coordinator took so much stress and worry away from us. We had a destination wedding in Tamarindo, Costa Rica at the Pangas Beach Club and it was truly magical.....the service was beyond amazing and we had an awesome party! The decor and flowers exceeded my expectations.......Cata the designer outdid herself, and was so great to work with :) I would highly recommend Mil Besos as a wedding/travel coordinator.

Sent on 05/19/2017

Courtney · Married on 02/28/2017

I honestly don’t know where to begin with how perfect Mil Besos made our entire wedding experience. Meghan is so attentive and prompt responding to emails and helped with everything from choosing vendors, to suggesting Honeymoon locations, to every little detail about our day. She was so thorough, and our day could not have gone smoother! Her team is incredible, and her connections in the wedding community in Costa Rica are invaluable. She was there with us every step of the way and I highly recommend her. I even told some of my wedding planner friends at home about her and they were even impressed when I told them how helpful and amazing she was! She’s the best and I would hire her again in a second!

Sent on 11/25/2017

Mil Besos Costa Rica's reply:

Courtney! Thank you for this lovely feedback. You were AMAZING to work with, an absolute dream bride, we loved working with you and loved bringing your style to life. We're drooling over the photos :) Looking forward to enjoying a beach cocktail with you on one of your future trips to Costa Rica!

Rebecca · Married on 02/19/2017

We can’t believe it’s nearing six months since our beautiful wedding trip, and we would be remiss if we didn’t thank Meghan and her wonderful team for making it all happen in a truly breathtaking fashion. Mil Besos helped us plan a 5 day trip for 45 guests to Tamarindo Diria Beach Resort in Playa Tamarindo, with our wedding ceremony taking place at Pangas Beach Club. Meghan and team coordinated our guest’s accommodations, travel to and from the airport, excursions, and the wedding day, of course. My husband and I have a crazy work and personal schedule, so the thought of coordinating a wedding in another country was daunting, but Meghan made it all seem effortless! I live in the U.S., so we corresponded through email and used a project management app, which made it super easy to plan and talk with her during the work day or send a quick note through my phone when I was out and about. Meghan understood the wedding details that were most important to us and helped us choose (and successfully book) the vendors that made our vision materialize (and within our price points too!). She was extremely responsive throughout the planning process, always responding to questions or comments within a day or two, if that.

When our group arrived in Costa Rica, the Mil Besos team helped our guests with any questions and travel/excursion adjustments they wanted to make along the way. That was a MAJOR win for my husband and me; we were able to just enjoy the trip, rather than play the role of trip coordinators. On the day of the wedding, Meghan, Sol, and Artflower were a force to be reckoned with! They made sure our guests and bridal party were where they were supposed to be when they were supposed to be there and the venue was all ready to go.

It was truly a joy and pleasure to work with the whole Mil Besos team on our wedding, and we'll treasure these memories forever!

Sent on 08/13/2017

Kristen · Married on 05/01/2016

My husband and I used Mil Besos to plan our small wedding and honeymoon. We changed our plans drastically at least three times (from a larger wedding to an elopement and then back to a small wedding with only a month to spare). And although I know that it was so much extra work for Meghan at times, she made things seamless and perfect. My husband and I had never even been to Costa Rica before so rest assured we had questions about absolutely everything. Meghan was absolutely wonderful.

Catalina, the designer that worked with Meghan during the planning process, was also wonderful. She had a great eye. Together, they really went above and beyond to execute what we had imagined. The driftwood arch we had imagined, for example, turned out to be exactly what we had described wanting, even though we didn't have a real picture to go off of. The ceremony in Tamarindo was absolutely beautiful and was exactly what we had imagined. The details were perfect and even though a thunderstorm erupted right before the ceremony and everything had to be moved, they all handled it with such grace and patience. They made me feel so calm and like I honestly had to do nothing at all.

I would recommend them 10 out of 10 times and then over and over again.

Sent on 06/09/2016

Nicole · Married on 03/13/2016

My husband and I got engaged while visiting Costa Rica and quickly decided we wanted to get married there as well the following year which is where Meghan from Our Costa Rica Wedding/Mil Besos comes in. From my original contact with Meghan, to the very last detail and wrap up, I felt as if I was her #1 client and of upmost importance to her (which every bride wants to feel, right!?). She and her staff are incredibly professional and insightful. I could never have dreamed of having such a delightful wedding planning experience especially in another country. We actually had fun getting to know one another via emails each step of the way. As a wedding planner, it is obvious Meghan has a love for her job and has all the right contacts for putting together a picture perfect event. She and her staff easily guided me through every detail pointing out the multiple options and giving opinions when I needed them (which was often). She helped me pick out the best vendors to meet my every need and I’m truly glad I followed her guidance. One thing I valued most about her services was the trip planning for each guest so that I would have to answer as view questions as possible. She booked activities, transportation, and rooms for each person taking a large amount of stress off me.
    As for the wedding day itself, I kept saying and want to emphasize “I never thought I would’ve gotten practically everything I wanted and dreamed for in a destination wedding, but wow did Meghan deliver!” It was amazing, stunning, organized, and picturesque!!! Not at all like the cookie cutter weddings you get at a typical resort in the Caribbean.

Sent on 03/23/2016

Lynne · Married on 02/13/2016

To be honest, the thought of a destination wedding worried me at first. I'm a bit of a control freak. I thought... Would our friends and family travel? Could we afford it? Could I effectively convey my vision via internet and phone? How would the planning come together if I'm not there to oversee it? All of these questions and any other worries I had were quickly washed away with Meghan's confidence and encouragement! She walked us through the entire process... and made it easy and fun.
    We married in Playa Hermosa on the beach at sunset, birds chirping, waves crashing, monkeys playing in the trees above. It was magical and breath-taking! Meghan helped us pick the perfect venue, caterer, DJ, musician, officiator, etc. Catalina, her designer, helped us bring together all of the details such as flowers, table arrangements, lighting, etc. Both of these women are lovely, grounded, creative and kind. By the time we were finished planning, I felt like they could finish my sentences. It felt like they were childhood friends, and frankly, I fell in love with both of them!
    I simply could not say enough good things about Mil Besos and our experience. I highly recommend you contact Meghan immediately. If you are the least bit curious... go for it! Just contact her and see if it's a good fit for you. You will be so grateful and happy that you did. Your love and union deserves to be celebrated!! Let Mil Besos bring your intentions and vision to life. They will help you create (not only) the wedding of your creams, they will help you create a vacation/honeymoon/experience of a life-time.
    In the words of our friends and family that attended our celebration.... Best wedding ever!!

Sent on 06/13/2016

Mil Besos Costa Rica's reply:

Lynne!! So much love really, you & Daniel are truly special and it was a heartwarming experience working with you. Your spirits & love are just beautiful and I know Cata & I both feel grateful to have met you and to have been part of your wedding and planning. The stars have really aligned because the brides we have worked with this year have been such wonderful people and for many, it feels like the beginning of wonderful friendships! I look forward to a return visit from the two of you & Baby A in the future!!! Lots of love, Meghan

Judith · Married on 11/15/2015

From the first meeting to when the last bite had been eaten, Megan kept us apprised of everything that was going on and made everything absolutely AMAZING!!!

Sent on 02/27/2017

Mil Besos Costa Rica's reply:

Thank you Judith! So glad you had a wonderful time!