Mikayla Renee Photo Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner

• Ryan
    Ryan W. Getting married on 12/06/2022

Mikayla is the only Choice

My Fiancé and I both wanted our photos to capture the love that we share and us having fun. Both of us are pretty camera shy and we wanted to make sure the photos did not reflect that. We chose to go with Mikayla for several reasons. For one she is incredibly thorough with her research on locations and matching those locations with our wants. She has been all over Colorado and takes stunning shots regardless of the couple. We also went with her because she was fun, super friendly, and an absolutle professional in all of our interactions prior to the session.
    Our experience matched Mikayla’s first impression. She was extremely patient and helpful (we had our families there as well). She knew how to get the most out of us to make the photographs amazing. She was super encouraging and positive. Her energy really drove the session early on. It allowed us to become comfortable and really express our relationship. If it hadn’t been for her energy I think the session would not have been what it was. Honestly, I can not recommend Mikayla more. If you are looking for outdoor and an adventurous session she is hands down the best person you could choose.
  • Tyler
    Tyler G. Getting married on 05/08/2022

Amazing Colorado Mountain Photographer!

As they say, “you will blink and the night will be over” we were not the exception. We had the most amazing wedding day, but it all went by so fast. We are so thankful to the talented Mikayla Renee for helping us keep our memories forever. As you can see in the pictures I attached to this review, Mikayla was there from the beginning through to into the dancing/party. One thing we did love was that Mikayla also did our engagement photo shoot. My wife said later on that she was legitimately so happy when she saw her arrive at our venue because it was like seeing an old friend (mind you, the only time we met Mikayla was at our engagement shoot!) In 8,000+ ft. altitude, running up and down our venue stairs to get shots of my guys and I and my wife’s bridal party getting ready, we could not have been more happy (or impressed). She really did an amazing job and we would recommend her 1000%.
    Stephen H. Getting married on 11/10/2021

Mikayla is amazing

Where to begin? For starters, I am not one to write reviews however after the most amazing experience that my wife and I had with Mikayla I felt it was only right to share her greatness with whomever may read this and possibly be on the fence about who your photographer should be. Here's
    a quick hint if you don't want to keep reading (it is Mikayla, no doubt about it). My wife found Mikayla and her breathtaking work while looking for an elopement photographer in Colorado on Instagram. Coming to Colorado from Florida naturally we reached out to numerous elopement photographers. From the jump it was evident that Mikayla was not only passionate about finding us a perfect location but I can't speak enough about her professionalism and constant communication throughout the whole process. My wife was very particular about what she wanted and Mikayla was able to scout and send her a number of gorgeous views to pick from. When our big day arrived, due to the fires we were not able to get to our first location. Without hesitation, Mikayla was able to pivot and help us choose another location. The second choice however was extremely windy on our big day and Mikayla suggested it would be best to go to the third location. This location ended up being the absolute most beautiful thing I have ever seen in nature. Mikayla made us feel comfortable the entire time she was taking pictures. Our gallery came out better than I could have ever imagined and we feel so lucky that we had Mikayla there to capture this special moment. To whoever may be reading this, I can assure you without hesitation that Mikayla is the best to ever do it. Let her make your forever moment perfect. I promise you, besides tying the knot, it'll be the best decision you make.
  • Ashley
    Ashley R. Married on 09/07/2021

Great energy, even better photos

Mikayla, is so down to earth and puts you at ease right away. She is really flexible and is always willing to give suggestions based on your vision. You can tell she really pays attention to angles, lighting, background, etc. She also shoots a variety of different photos--I never feel like I have a bunch of the same picture. We have taken photos with her twice, and we can't wait for her to shoot our wedding! She's basically become our pal, and we will continue to work with her, even after our wedding. Thank you, Mikayla!!
    Kayla Married on 08/14/2021

Engagement Pictures

My fiancé and I got our engagement pictures done by Mikayla and we are so happy with them! Mikayla was amazing to work with. This was our first experience doing a photo shoot and we had no idea what to expect. Mikayla walked us through everything and made us feel super comfortable. Our pictures turned out very authentic and really captured “us.” Our friends and family were so impressed! Thank you so much, Mikayla!
  • Erin
    Erin W. Married on 08/07/2021

Memories I Will Cherish Forever

My experience with Mikayla was nothing short of amazing. She is super down to earth, informative, and willing to do whatever to make you comfortable. Each pose came with ease as she would tell us to just be ourselves. Honestly, that's what turned me onto her more, she wasn't forceful. She knew natural feelings and would illustrate the perfect photo. She knew exactly what she was going with her placements at the location she chose. The photos turned out phenomenal, and we received them back so fast! Each picture captured the love AJ and I have for each other. These memories I will cherish forever, as it was our first vacation together as a couple. It was the ending to an amazing trip that I will never forget. From the bottom of my heart, thank you Mikayla.
    Abbie H. Married on 07/29/2021

Mikayla is THE BEST!!

OH MY GOODNESS I cannot recommend Mikayla Renee Photo enough! My fiancé and I flew out to Colorado this past weekend for our engagement shoot in the mountains with Mikayla. From the start she was wonderful to work with. We provided her the general area we wanted our pictures and she came back with so many suggestions and pictures for us to choose our favorite. It was our first time ever getting professional photos and naturally we were a little nervous. As soon as we met her in person she made us feel instantly relaxed. She was so good at incorporating our pup in the photos and truly captured the most amazing shots!! Our friends and family are equally as obsessed with our pictures as we are.

Not only is she an awesome human being but she is so incredibly talented. If you are looking for a photographer in the Colorado area who has already done the hard work of scouting locations for you then Mikayla is your girl!

Side note: did I mentioned she got our photos back to us in TWO days?! It was such a nice surprise to get them back even before the promised timeframe.
  • Michaela
    Michaela G. Married on 07/24/2021

Five star recommendation!

Mikayla was more than we could have hoped for in an engagement photographer! She recommended a gorgeous location that had water, mountains...AND was somewhere unknown enough where we were the only ones at the lake for the entirety of our shoot.

Her energy, positivity and friendliness helped to make us comfortable, which resulted in pictures even more authentic and beautiful than I could've imagined. She captured "us."

If you're looking for someone to take photos of you in the mountains...or anywhere...MIKAYLA IS YOUR GIRL.
  • Melissa
    Melissa C. Married on 07/14/2021

Mikayla is THE BEST there is!

If you’re thinking of hiring Mikayla for your wedding/elopement photography, please just do it!

Working with Mikayla was absolutely wonderful and stress-free from beginning to end. While she mainly works in Colorado, I live in Florida and fell completely in love with her style and attention to detail. When I reached out to her about traveling to do our wedding photography, she was completely on board and so supportive. Her timely responses to all of my questions were so helpful and she made the entire process a breeze.

She not only did our wedding photos, but also our engagement shoot and her direction and guidance made each experience so much fun! Mikayla is so down to earth, kind, and professional. The day of the wedding, she and the second photographer showed up right on time and made sure everything went smoothly. They were dedicated to getting all the detail shots I requested and had great ideas for poses and backgrounds. Nothing felt forced or obtrusive. She worked hard to capture the special moments and overall atmosphere of the event. Within 2 weeks, she sent me a sneak peek of the gallery and always texted or emailed with updates on the timeline for the completed photos (which I sincerely appreciated since waiting is the hardest part!)

Her passion for what she does shines through in her work, and her overwhelming talent far exceeds anything else you could find for your special occasion. If I could talk to anyone considering hiring Mikayla face-to-face, I would jump up and down and tell them that they would be crazy to pass up the opportunity to work with her. Your beautiful photos will be passed down for generations to come, and you want someone as gifted as Mikayla taking them. She perfectly captured the love and joy of our wedding, and I couldn’t recommend her enough!
  • Allison
    Allison G. Married on 06/11/2021

Cannot Recommend Mikayla More!

We absolutely LOVE Mikayla! We met back in 2019 for our engagement pictures, since then she has only made us fall in love with her and her work even more. Our original date was in 2020 and she worked so well with us on rescheduling to 2021. During the engagement shoot she helped us feel completely comfortable in front of the camera. Mikayla has an ease to her that just automatically calms people around her, she really has a gift. We loved our engagement photos (bring your dog because DUH) and are so excited for the wedding photos. During the big day she was so accommodating with our schedule and our families and bridal party absolutely loved her, we still get comments today from people in attendance. We received our photos exactly a month later, which was so impressive considering the amount of weddings Mikayla and her team have on their plate this year. Looking through the photos made us feel like we were back on our big day and we are so excited to have these photos as memories forever. Thank you so much Mikayla!!
    Sierra B. Married on 05/29/2021

Captured the most amazing day of my life!

My fiancé worked with Mikayla to surprise me with photos of our engagement and I could not be more thrilled with how they turned out! Not only is she professional, but she is fun and just a great person to be around. Mikayla strives to create a comfortable environment making her sessions relaxed and easygoing. Our album was emailed to us in 24 hours and I constantly find myself clicking the link to remind me of our special day. Photos we will treasure forever!
    Traci W. Married on 05/07/2021

Best experience ever with a photographer!

Mikayla was so helpful...from helping me find the perfect spot to being flexible on time and date! She was always professional and quick to respond to all my questions. She went above and beyond when I asked her to go to two locations during our time. She was so accommodating to help make my wedding day perfect! The photos she captured where so beautiful! Nothing looked posed...everything was very natural and she caught all the special moments. I would use her again in a second!
  • Nohemi
    Nohemi L. Married on 05/05/2021

Great Energy and Well-Prepared

My boyfriend and I felt instantly comfortable with Mikayla. She has been incredibly responsive all throughout the process, and very easy to communicate with. Being our first couple's shoot, my boyfriend and I were unsure of what to expect; Mikayla came, and she sure did deliver. She gave us fun, ice-breaking-type-of poses to ease into the shoot and then moved into poses that we otherwise would not have felt as comfortable doing! The shots are candid, beautiful, and capture our love more than words ever could.
  • Christina
    Christina Married on 04/20/2021

Beautiful Engagement Photos!

Mikayla did an amazing job with our engagement photo session! She provided tons of great options for our location, picked the perfect time to get lots of golden hour shots, and made us both feel at completely at ease even though we had never taken professional photos before. Would highly recommend Mikayla for anyone looking to capture special moments in a beautiful setting
  • Mirium
    Mirium N. Married on 10/17/2020

I would hire her every weekend if I could

Mikayla did an amazing job! When I booked her I wasn't planning on a pandemic being a thing, but she was very helpful all the steps along the way. My fiance and his family share wonderful memories of family vacations in steamboat springs, CO. However, I had never been to Steamboat Springs, and neither had Mikayla, but she was very flexible, patient, creative, professional and willing to adventure. She captured some beautiful moments that I'm glad I get to look at and cherish for forever. We had an engagement/couples session the day before our wedding and she was able to get those amazing photos back to us so fast. The wedding photos were even more beautiful! Looking at them brings me back to that phenomenal day. Thank you for capturing those moments and more importantly the love we share!
    Kathryn B. Married on 10/01/2020

Absolutely incredible!

We are so incredibly thankful to have had Mikayla capture our special day! She was wonderful every step of the way - helping us decide time of day/site to use for the ceremony, super responsive, and positive vibes all the time. She was fantastic the day of and we are in love with our pictures! We have so many that captured precious moments and we will treasure them forever. I can’t recommend her enough!
    Ruby Married on 10/01/2020

Incredible Engagement Shots, Lots of Fun!

We absolutely loved working with Mikayla! She’s super knowledgeable about great places to shoot in Colorado, and she made us feel totally at ease. She had great ideas about what kinds of poses would look best, and none of them felt forced or strange. There was a lot of laughter. Not only did we end up with a variety of truly gorgeous photos (and family keepsakes) but we had a blast together! We feel so lucky to have worked with her.
  • Erin
    Erin E. Married on 09/09/2020

Dream Wedding Photographer

Working with Mikayla was honestly the easiest and most rewarding part of our entire wedding planning process.

We initially chose Mikayla because of the love that you can see in each of her couples eyes. As we are not used to being in front of the camera, it was really important to have a photographer that we felt comfortable around and could give us the right cues to help us portray our love through the lens. After the first 5 minutes of shooting our engagement photos, it was obvious that she was that person; Her kind demeanor and fun personality were exactly what we needed behind the camera to feel comfortable.

Leading up to the wedding, I felt like I could communicate with Mikayla freely and as a friend. If I had any questions about timelines, family photos, first look, etc., she had suggestions. She was very detail oriented and asked a lot of questions leading up to the wedding about what was important to us, to make sure that we were on the same page and that our personalities could shine through with personal touches.

In the end, Mikayla provided us with over 900 photos. A beautiful mix of posed, candid, snuggly-romantic and more. A week after receiving the photos, I am still having a hard time posting anything to social media because a) there are so many good photos, and b) I start sobbing every time I try to flip through them.

TL;DR: Working with Mikayla was a dream. If you want romantic, emotional photos with beautiful lighting, personal touches and tons of options... She is absolutely the right photographer for you.
    Shelby E. Married on 09/06/2020

The best!

Mikayla is the very very best. Mikayla took our engagement photos. The pictures are so so beautiful. Mikayla was able to schedule us for a session a week after contacting her. She edited all of our pictures in less than one day. She made us feel completely comfortable and was so much fun to hangout with during photos. She even wrangled our very high energy dog while also taking pictures at the same time. We are very thankful for her and we absolutely love the photos. I very much recommend hiring Mikayla for your wedding or engagement photos, she is incredible!
    Larissa Married on 09/05/2020

Engagement Session

Mikaela was so great!! This was our first photo shoot ever and she was great with having suggestions and making us feel comfortable! She was super responsive to all of my questions leading up to our shoot!
  • Evelynn
    Evelynn G. Married on 08/29/2020

Amazing Experience! You rock, Mikayla!

From the first moment we interacted with Mikayla over e-mail I knew she was awesome and even my fiance said "she seems really cool" which he truly meant. Mikayla was already booked for the date we had originally chosen and so we changed the date without a hesitation. That was our first big decision we had made in the wedding planning process and we couldn't be happier. We met Mikayla in person on the day of our engagement shoot and we walked through our wedding venue and moved on to our engagement shoot location. She was amazing! From the moment we met her, she was very flexible with us and was super comfortable with our dogs. Since neither of us had done any photo shoots before, she handled our awkwardness throughout the process with kindness and positive reinforcement! The pictures turned out beautifully and now hang in our living room. We can't wait for her to photograph our wedding day!
  • Jodelyn
    Jodelyn M. Married on 08/08/2020

100% Recommend !!!

I wish I could express in words how amazing of a photographer Mikayla is! She is professional, kind, fun, and just an awesome person all around. We did our engagement session with her and we are so glad she was available for our last minute elopement (originally planned to get married in Hawaii prior to all the COVID restrictions). She delivered a “sneak peak” the day after the wedding and then the full album a couple weeks after that. I have friends/family who have waited 6 months for their final wedding pictures, so I was highly impressed with the quality of our pictures for that fast of a turn around time. With that said, she is truly skilled and gifted in what she does. I still tear up every time I go through the photos because she was able to capture every single beautiful emotion I was feeling that day. We 100% recommend!
  • Jody
    Jody Married on 08/08/2020

Breathtaking Photos!

Mikayla is an amazing photographer and such a sweet person to be around. She was always responsive to our emails and any questions we had. I've always felt awkward in front of the camera, but Mikayla's personality is very easy-going so it wasn't hard to get comfortable with her. Our entire experience with her was fun and stress-free. We highly recommend her to anyone looking for jaw-dropping photos! Thank you Mikayla for capturing such precious moments that we will treasure forever.
    Monica C. Married on 07/03/2020

Elopement Session

We all see the beautiful models in all of the magazines/ movies growing up and dream of a special day-and Mikayla will literally ensure that! She is extremely talented and I’m so so thankful I booked with her! Like many other brides this year a lot of my plans changed. My wedding was canceled actually because of a deployment, and with Covid I had not been able to see my now Husband because of travel restrictions. Mikayla was so responsive and quick to answer my many emails trying to lock down a date because it kept changing, my Husband and I are both in the military. She was even willing to rebook in case we couldn’t swing it, when we were last minute she moved mountains to meet up with us and she has the most beautiful recommendations for locations! I’m not picky so I told her I’m down for anything and we meet up July 4th weekend in the beautiful mountains of Colorado! She was so incredibly sweet it felt like we had been friends for years. My Husband is camera shy but he had a blast and Mikayla helped both of us enjoy the session with plenty of laughs! My photos are incredible and something that you would see in a magazine/Pinterest/Instagram page.I did my own make up, got a dress off Etsy, Mike’s suit is from Express, she helped cut my spandex, and helped cover up in the photos my heel that broke but damn do all of my pictures look perfect! She’s that amazing! I can’t recommend her enough and will be rebooking in the future for more sessions because I love her work!
  • Lauren
    Lauren T. Married on 07/03/2020

No one captures love more beautifully than Mikayla!

This will be a long review detailing how thankful I am to have been able to work with Mikayla, so if you’re short on time, the bottom line is this: BOOK WITH MIKAYLA! You could call my admiration for Mikayla’s art an obsession! Having grown up in Colorado, the way she continues to capture my home so beautifully (+ other incredible destinations) has always perked up my social media feed. So when I finally was able to see my significant other after 5 months apart thanks to COVID and the military, I knew I had to reach out to her. It was super last minute, but she wrote back promptly saying she would make a couple session happen for us! She listened intently to what I envisioned and it was clear she chose a spot that matched my requests. She responded quickly to all my questions. She took great care in getting to know who we were as a couple. This helped me feel super at ease planning a more last-minute photo shoot! Mikayla is professional yet approachable. She knows exactly how to make art and it shows! We felt at ease and were laughing the entire time. I was enjoying myself so much I didn’t want the night to end! I love getting my photo taken, but my SO is usually more indifferent to it. After our session he mentioned how easy it was and how he hoped Mikayla would be available when the time for wedding bells come! For him to feel so strongly about something he normally isn’t that into is another indication of Mikayla’s great work. THE NEXT DAY (which was a weekend and a holiday), Mikayla sent us sneak peaks of our session. I legitimately teared up. The photos were more beautiful than I could have imagined, and this was just the beginning. It’s different seeing cute couples in dreamy locations when you get to be the cute couple!! She caught a variety of angles, all of them flattering us, and had a variety of backgrounds and posing. The next week when I received the full session, I couldn’t help but cry again. By now my SO had to return home, and it was an incredible gift to have these magical photos of us to hold on to as we continue doing long distance. First, I couldn’t believe how MANY incredible, varied photos Mikayla gave us! She 100% delivers here. You don’t get to pick just a few based on your budget. It was way more photos than I was expecting and I honestly love every single one. I have never seen a photographer deliver so many photos like this. It’s incredible! But it doesn’t stop here. She also delivered cute and fun GIFs that are so unique. Additionally, there was a spot on me (totally my fault) that she went back and edited in every photo it popped up in!! Have I convinced you her professionalism and service is unmatched yet? My SO and I will treasure these photos forever. We both feel so lovely in them and more importantly, they capture our relationship and personalities to a T. I can’t wait to order prints to hang in my room – choosing just a few is so tough! Luckily, I’ll always have all of them so I can always get more. We are so, so grateful we have a photographer (and sweet friend!) in Mikayla and can’t wait until the opportunity comes to work with her again!