Michelle's Cakes Reviews

79 | Indian Head, MD

79 Reviews for Michelle's Cakes

Mary · event on: 11/22/2013

Last minute request for a specialty Pumpkin roll!! Michele's cakes not only came through but the roll was delicious!! All of their items are delicious!

Sent on 12/11/2013

Katie · event on: 11/10/2013

Awesomely delicious cakes/cupcakes. I use Michelle's Cakes for ALL of my family birthday parties!!

Sent on 12/11/2013

John · event on: 09/22/2013

Awesome XBox cake for my sons 10th BDay. The cake was beyond what we expected and taste great

Sent on 06/10/2014

Danita · Married on 09/01/2013

I got married this weekend and my cake was FABULOUS! Michelle created such a beautiful, delicious and moist cake for us. I am still getting compliments from my guests about how good the cake was. She even made us a freezer cake to keep for our first anniversary, but it's so good I can't stop nibbling on it. So needless to say I don't think it is going to last until our first anniversary because I am sure it will be eaten before the end of this week. Michelle thanks again for such a gorgeous and delicious cake. You far exceeded my expectations!

Sent on 09/03/2013

Absolutely phenomenal company to work with. I came to Michelle with 10,000 ideas, all totally unrelated, and she was able to decipher what I really wanted. She drew up a few cake designs, combined some things and voila the perfect cake was made. Not only did it look beautiful, but I've had people tell me it was the best wedding cake they've ever had! (we had Godiva, Almond, and Strawberries and Cream) Highly recommend booking Michelle's Cakes for any of your cake needs!

Sent on 12/12/2013

Shandra · Married on 04/20/2013

My husband's Best Man went crazy after tasting our wedding cake. He talked about it the rest of the night and made several appointments to visit the store fron for more cake. We had a tri level cake: orange, starwberry, and chocolate /vanilla. Every flavor was perfectly sweetened and moistness. Michelle even bakes a seperate cake for the Bride and Grooms anniversary cake for no charge.

Sent on 05/19/2013

Suzanne · Married on 06/05/2010

I found Michelle of "Michelles Cakes" to be very professional. She provided a full tasting and the cake was delicious. Her ability to deal with everyone involved was great and she provided many suggestions and helpful links to other vendors that we required. I would highly recommend her.

Sent on 06/29/2010

Katrina · Married on 05/22/2010

Michelle did an awsome job on our wedding cake. It was PERFECT in every way. The flavor/taste was outstanding. I would recommend her to anyone. I love the cake so much I am having her do my daughters birthday cake as well.

Sent on 06/29/2010

Kristin · Married on 05/22/2010

My wedding cake from Michelle's was beautiful and delicious! When I arrived at the venue before the ceremony the cake was already there and beautifully placed and decorated. I was very pleased and can't wait to eat the special freezer cake that comes with the main cake on our anniversary! Highly recommended for great taste, look, and good prices!

Brenda · Married on 05/15/2010

Michelle's professionalism and courteousy were amazing. She worked with me as I planned a surprise 50th wedding anniversary party for my parents. Her creativity and insight were invaluable. The cake was gorgeous, flavorful, moist and well worth the price. I would definitely call her again for another function.

Lindsey · Married on 05/15/2010

Michelle was great, cake was beautiful. Only set back was we had WAY too much cake. But I guess more is better than not enough:)

Sent on 07/15/2010

Sharese · Married on 03/27/2010

Michelle was awesome. One of the things that I liked best was that she was extremely personable. For our consultation we laughed and joked, she made sure we were happy with our decision, both me and my husband. Her prices were reasonable and she offers a payment plan. Most of all, the cake was absolutely delicious. Everyone loved it. If you like bananas, her banana foster is grand. I had gum-paste orchids on my cake. I forgot to bring a swatch of my colors so, knowing my colors were purple and silver, she emailed me pictures of purple orchids. Those orchids weren't really the color purple that I had in mind so we exchanged emails regarding the specific color purple. I told her I wanted a darker color, more towards black/purple, she said okay, so I was hoping she would get that color right. The day of my wedding, I saw my cake, it was beautifully crafted and the purple color was spot on!!! I was so pleased with the results and her level of understanding what I wanted. Michelle's Cakes is the place to be!!!!

Kim · Married on 10/17/2009

Michelle from Michelle's Cakes was amazing to work with. I took ideas from my wedding and she turned it into the most beautiful cake that I could have ever dreamed of that was in my price range. I have also used her since my wedding and she has done an amazing job on that as well. Thanks so much Michelle.

Kim Hayden

Sent on 07/01/2010

Lee · Married on 07/18/2009

I was looking for a wedding cake and flowers for myself and my maid of honor and only had a week to do it before my wedding. Michelle was able to do it for me and everything was beautiful, and the cake was absolutely AMAZING!!!

Sent on 07/29/2009

Rhonda · Married on 07/11/2009

We were reffered to Michelle by a friend when we were having trouble trying to find someone withing our budget. Working with her was great, she was very friendly and talented. Not only did she do a cake and cupcakes for our wedding, but she also did a groom's cake of an adorable pig dressed as a police officer for my husband. Her prices were the best around and her talent was the best around. We highly recommend using her for your wedding as we will continue to use her for future events!

Tiffany · Married on 05/03/2009

Michelle was awesome helping me out with a few things while we were all frantic before the wedding. The cake was fantastic and I got numerous complements! Well worth it! Thanks a bunch for making my day so wonderful Michelle!

Sent on 08/01/2009

Brenda · Married on 11/22/2008

you will never be disappointed with a cake you get from Michelle. My wedding cake was incredible! We loved it. There are a lot of people that can make beautiful cakes but they dont taste good, Michelle's cakes are always incredibly beautiful and taste AMAZING!

Tasha · Married on 03/22/2008

I Love Michelle and her cakes! They are the Absolute BEST! I highly recommend her Beautiful, Delicious and true quality cakes! She cares about your event and helping you choose the best cake desired!

Karen · Married on 10/01/2016

I will highly recommend Michelle's cakes. The cake was awesome.

Sent on 11/23/2016
  • DuchessOfDork

Balvina · Married on 07/25/2009

I absolutely LOVED my cake! Not only was it exactly what I pictured and described, but it was delicious!! Many compliments to Michelle!

Lauren · Married on 07/11/2009

Not only were both the groom's cake and wedding cake both exceptional works of art, but Michelle was an absolute delight to work with. Her creativity and professionalism exceeded my expectations. Both cakes were so much more beautiful than I ever could have ever dreamed of. I plan on using Michelle's services in the future for all my cake needs, she is AMAZING!!!! Thank you a million times over, Michelle, you did a phenomenal job!

Sent on 07/30/2009
  • Melody

Melody · Married on 03/16/2019

Beautiful and Delicious!

Michelle and team were great! Our cake was beautiful AND delicious. I wanted our cake to be both and it was. The white velvet that Michelle recommended was such a hit, I wish I had gone with that flavor for the larger tier. I’m looking forward to the anniversary cake already!!

Sent on 03/19/2019

Julie · Married on 04/15/2018

I stumbled upon Michelle's cakes while looking at a ISO Facebook post and noticed that they were small business and a veteran family! After sampling their cupcakes, I knew this was the place I wanted to do my wedding cake. The cake tasting was professionally set up, the samples were moist, flavorful and delicious. When I finally saw my wedding cake set up at the City Club of DC (Michelle delivered and finished decorating it with flowers on a Sunday) I was overcome with one of
    "those" moments that you realize your cake is exactly what you dreamed of and tears fell. If you want a cake that people will talk about for a long time, Michelle's cakes is the place to go.

Sent on 04/26/2018

Sarah · Married on 10/15/2016

Michelle is very accommodating regarding the ideas you may have about how you want your cake to look on your special day. The cake tasting allows you to work together and make sure all elements are included. Our cake and dessert bar were absolutely delicious and we have gone back to the bakery since our wedding! I would highly recommend Michelle's Cakes to anyone for their special day!!!

Sent on 11/27/2016

Michelle's cakes not only look good but they taste GREAT. The team there is super helpful and a joy to work with. I highly recommend her cakes for any occasion

Sent on 01/30/2015