Michelle Zapanta Photography Reviews

8 Reviews for Michelle Zapanta Photography

1 User photo

• Rosalie

Rosalie Z. · Married on 04/23/2021

She captured our love in pictures!

Michelle Zapanta was referred to me by one of my coworkers. My coworker showed me her pictures from her wedding and I fell in love! Her pictures are incredible. She is so comfortable to work with. She responded to our emails in a timely manner and answered all of our questions. She even provided tips and tricks to make our pictures so beautiful. She just did our engagement shoot in the Riverwalk and Wrigley building in Chicago. We practiced social distancing and she wore a mask. You may think communication was a bit challenging but it was not. She created hand signals that referred to how my fiance will position our body in the pictures made it easy for us to get through the photoshoot. The pictures turned out phenomenal and everyone in our family raved about them. We enjoyed our experience with her. She really captures beautiful and loving moments, and we're glad we're able to share that with everyone we love.

Sent on 10/06/2020
  • Roi-Cedric

Roi-Cedric L. · Married on 10/10/2020

Michelle was fun to work with and I would recommend her to everyone!

My wife and I love the photos that Michelle took for our wedding. We were excited to update our social media pictures as soon as we received our pictures.

Michelle was at location earlier than us for engagement pictures, and she was there early for the wedding day. She was on time for each scene and captured all the moments we wanted during the wedding. There was flexibility when scheduling appointments and was very reliable.

Michelle was very fun to work with! My wife and I felt very comfortable during the picture taking sessions considering we don't usually do photo shoots. Michelle gave great instructions on how to pose and has a great eye for where to take the pictures. During the wedding she got along with all of the guests and there were plenty of pictures of them as well.

Overall, Michelle was great to work with and really helped us during one of the biggest moments of our lives. We enjoyed the pictures and are excited to bring them up any moment we can!

Sent on 11/03/2020
  • Kristine

Kristine L. · Married on 10/10/2020

Amazing!

Michelle's work speaks for itself, absolutely stunning. My husband and I are very pleased with our photos and felt like celebrities. The photos that she took are gorgeous!
    Michelle is extremely professional, always made it her point to communicate with us at all times. We had a great time having her as our photographer and her work is exceptional.
    Thank you so much for being a part of our special day and making it that much more special.

Sent on 11/03/2020
  • Gabriel

Gabriel S. · Married on 07/25/2020

Michelle was the perfect photographer for our wedding

Michelle was the perfect photographer for our wedding. Being amateur photographers ourselves, we took a lot of care to find the right person for the job. We looked through many photographer profiles, compared galleries in detail, emailed with several dozen photographers and interviewed about 10 before picking Michelle as our #1. Working with her leading up to the wedding was easy, and the day of the wedding we knew we were in good hands. Not only is she technically excellent, she has a friendly and happy approach to things, making sure she gets all the shots right while not getting too much in the way. It was very important for us to have someone with the right personality, a mix of cheery and professional. Following our ceremony at the church, we had our photographs taken at various locations around town, and then we had a small reception. Michelle captured all the right moments, and didn't take long to deliver beautifully edited photos.

Sent on 07/10/2021

Ryan R. · Married on 10/13/2019

Wedding Shoot

I've known Michelle since 2005 and she is as much dedicated to her work now as she was then, back in undergrad. So, when it came to selecting a skilled photographer among the plethora of choices we were presented with, Michelle was our first and only choice. I've known her as a friend, but never as a client. From initial contact to our Wedding's conclusion, Michelle was there. From diligently researching locations for our pre-nuptial shoot to breaking down our wedding itinerary, she was always on point and strict, yet, accommodating and understanding for the unavoidable hiccups that always happen to arise when we least expect it. During our pre-nup sessions, she always knew when and where to position us for the "perfect shot." Her keen eye and "keep-shooting" approach really helped to bring out the best during our sessions, regardless of how bright or dark it was, outside. Michelle always knew how to bring out the right pose, or the right expression, and made every shoot enjoyable and most importantly, natural. During our big day, Michelle's ability to integrate herself into the party and seamlessly coordinate with her second and third shooters according to the itinerary was impeccable. No angle was left uncovered, and no priceless emotion or reaction was left to be forgotten. She was kind, polite and very professional in her interactions with our guests, again, illiciting that same "natural" feel we felt during our 1-on-1 pre-nup photoshoot. As a friend, Michelle is second-to-none. As a photographer, I can confidently say, as a totally satisfied client, she is second-to-none. Thank you, Michelle, for your professionalism, poise, and natural ability to acclimate to any unexpected situation we threw at you. Thank you for your creative mind and outstanding work! Until our next shoot!

Sent on 10/14/2020

Jeanne R. · Married on 10/13/2019

Unforgettable experience!

We had the most amazing experience shooting with Michelle. She is gifted, talented, creative, and has amazing eyes for everything. She did our engagement, prenup and wedding photos. They all came out incredible and we are still getting compliments by how beautiful our pictures came out. Michelle makes you feel comfortable and suggested great ideas that will bring out the best in you. She is also punctual and easy to reach whenever you have questions. I remember Michelle was very pregnant during our wedding day but she kept everything professional and did not stop her from creating beautiful memories. I am soon to be a mother and even if I live in Las Vegas, I will only trust getting photographed by Michelle and won't hesitate to fly her from Chicago for my maternity shoot.

Sent on 10/16/2020

Noel P. · Married on 08/09/2018

Destination Wedding in Maui!

When it came down to choosing a professional photographer for our destination wedding in Hawaii, my wife and I both agreed Michelle was our #1 option. We just HAD to have Michelle shoot our wedding for the most important day of our lives, shared with the most important people, at one of the most beautiful places in the world. Seeing her work, reading her reviews, and even speaking to her in preparation of the big day made the anticipation of the destination wedding that much more enticing. Michelle throughout the wedding day was well poised, professional, and very adaptable to various situations that could occur at a destination wedding. Michelle was very prepared for all the basic and necessary things one can expect from a high end photographer. She was also very creative in certain surprising aspects throughout the trip. Whenever a beautiful or memorable opportunity presented itself, Michelle had that intuitive eye to ensure she was ready to capture it, and give clear instructions of what she wanted to be done to attain that beautiful moment in time. That’s talent! Her sincere efforts of making the most out of all moments, and her charisma with all our family made us all feel incredibly comfortable and relaxed in front of a camera. Michelle ensured all bases were covered and instructions were followed, but her demeanor throughout the day exuded kindness & respect. That’s caring! The editing of our photo album was done in great time and in the highest of quality. You can tell there is devotion in her craft and she loves what she does. That’s integrity! We knew we made a great choice! What a comforting feeling knowing that we can now easily access our most treasured moments of that day by going through Michelle’s photo album. It’s all there! All that visual phenomenal work! Michelle seemed to be able to capture ALL of our happy memories of that trip. My family and friends were able to marvel and appreciate all aspects of what Michelle was able to photograph, sharing her pictures, using them as main profile pictures on Facebook & Instagram. Having our family at our wedding meant EVERYTHING to us, and to have all those feelings, love, and scenery so stunningly captured is quite the blessing. Michelle quite literally gave us happiness with her work. And we will be forever grateful.

Sent on 10/17/2020
  • Ryzza

Ryzza M. · Married on 08/09/2018

HIGHLY Recommend!

I don’t even know where to start! Everything I have to say about Michelle and her photography skills are just amazing. I guess I’ll start off by saying that we were VERY lucky to be able to book her as our photographer, especially at such a decently short notice. My husband and I didn’t even think of having a professional photographer for our wedding, especially since it was just going to be a small, intimate ceremony in Hawaii. Looking through our photo album, I am definitely SUPER happy that we changed our minds, and that she and her husband were able to join.

Working with Michelle was fun and easy. I am not a big fan of being in front of the camera, and my husband and I are generally the candid type. We barely pose for any pictures. I was definitely worried that we would give her a bit of a hard time, especially since he and I laugh all the time, even when we’re trying to take things seriously. Michelle made it super simple, however. She gave clear verbal and visual instructions, was super patient, and was completely easy going about everything. If she was frustrated, she definitely didn’t show it! (Haha, thanks, Michelle!) I didn’t feel any type of pressure from her what-so-ever. I honestly felt like we laughed and joked around the entire time, and yet she still manages to capture amazing shots. Also, big shout out to her husband as well, who helped her with whatever she needed to take these photos. They are both so much fun to work with!

Now with the photos themselves. I am so completely IN LOVE with every single one of them. They all turned out incredible. Love how they were edited. I feel like they have a light and airy feel to them. Honestly, if you look through her photo albums or social media pages for samples of her photos, you’d see how great they all turn out. Her work speaks for itself. I’m going to say it again... Every time I look at our albums, I am EXTREMELY glad my husband and I changed our minds about not having a professional photographer at our wedding! Completely worth it.

For anyone looking for a photographer, I HIGHLY recommend Michelle! As much as this is said, you will definitely not regret it. For my husband and I, we will definitely go to her for any future photo sessions.

Sent on 10/17/2020