Michelle Stern Beauty Reviews

191 | New York, NY

191 Reviews for Michelle Stern Beauty

Cassie · Married on 12/31/2012

Michelle Stern from Flawless Beauty was literally my fairy godmother. I've never felt so beautiful as I did on my wedding day. I also had 5 bridesmaids, my mother and mother and law get their make up done and everyone was in love with it! MIchelle is so professional and easy to work with and I highly recommend her to all brides!! She is truly an artist!

Sent on 01/03/2013

Taal · Married on 10/28/2012

Michelle Stern of Flawless Beauty is an absolutely amazing and tasteful make up artist. She is also extremely reliable. My wedding took place the day before hurricane sandy outside of boston. Michelle had to move mountains to get to and from my wedding and she did it all while not imposing any added stress on me. My entire wedding party could not stop raving about their makeup. Michelle is a class act with exquisite artistry. Any bride would be lucky to have Michelle as her make up artist on her wedding day.

Sent on 01/02/2013
  • F

Fanny · Married on 10/14/2012

Michelle did a fantastic job on my make-up - I got so many compliments on my make-up and it came out even more beautifully in the photos. I have gotten my make-up done by professional artists several times in the past and this was undoubtedly the best make-up job I have ever gotten. The make-up lasted all day and night long, even after I cried a few times. Michelle really made my eyes pop - and as an Asian-American with smaller-than-average eyes, that is a serious concern of mine! Beyond just the make-up though, which was perfection, Michelle made the whole process a logistical breeze. She was so flexible, responded to all my questions within minutes, was timely, efficient and professional on the day of the wedding. She was a joy to be around and was such a relaxing and fun presence. I would recommend her without reservation.

Sent on 10/15/2012

Katie · Married on 10/14/2012

Michelle was great. She asked for a lot of feedback both during and after my makeup trial, so on my wedding day I looked just how I wanted to look - like myself, but better. The things I asked her to adjust after the trial were adjusted, just like I asked. Her services are affordable and the products she uses are top quality. Plus, she is very relaxed and friendly, which goes a long way toward making your wedding day less stressful. I would definitely recommend her (and use her again for future events).

Sent on 01/03/2013

Michelle was incredible!! She did my make-up for my rehearsal dinner and the make-up for me, my family and bridesmaids for my wedding, and I could not have been happier. She was so friendly, professional and easy to work with and made everyone look amazing. The make-up lasted all night long, and we got compliments all night. I will definitely use Michelle again for every and any time I need my make-up done again. Thank you so much!!

Sent on 10/16/2012

Mary · Married on 07/14/2012

Michelle......Rachel's makeup for her wedding was absolutely beautiful and most important to us it was understated and so natural looking...but you really had your work cut out for you with me.....and I was so pleased with the results.
    Everyone said how beautiful the bride looked and my family couldn't believe how pretty you made me look ( a whole different mom look) and so many people asked who did our makeup...thank you so much for everything. You definitely have magic hands....Please don't hesitate to use us as a reference in the future.
    Warmest regards,
    Mary Herman

Sent on 07/17/2012

Rachel · Married on 07/14/2012

Michelle did an amazing job on my makeup for my wedding! I was so pleased with everything, and she really helped to make my day so special. I highly recommend Michelle!

Sent on 07/18/2012

Michelle did a great job. I felt very glam at my wedding but yet still very much myself. I feel very lucky that I was able to book her on such short notice!

Sent on 07/25/2012

Simply put, Michelle is an absolute professional and exceptional artist. I went for a few makeup trials and no one compared to Michelle - no one even came close. She made me feel and look absolutely beautiful while still making me look like me. She did makeup for the bridal party and my mother. My mom, who is older with some wrinkles, was worried about looking her age or possibly looking fake. But she looked absolutely young and radiant after the makeup application.

Just as important as the quality of work, Michelle has the right personality for the business she is in. She has a way about her that sets you at ease. This was very important to me, as I knew that on the morning of the wedding I would be a bundle of nerves. She is kind and patient, even with moms who can get really annoying!! She showed up early, and stayed until everyone was happy and gorgeous. My family and friends raved about my wedding party's makeup. And it stayed on all day long! I highly recommend her. Don't bother looking elsewhere.

Sent on 07/18/2012

Nina · Married on 06/24/2012

Michelle did my make-up for my wedding as well as for my 3 bridesmaids and my Mom and she did an AMAZING job! Of all the vendors that I had to find for my wedding, the MUA was the one I was stressed about the most because I love make-up and think I can put it on fairly well but I didn't want to do my own because I wanted it to be better. So in my search for my MUA I started to get really discouraged because there were sooo many bad MUA's out there. I literally went through each and every MUA i found on theknot that was in my area and except for Michelle, every single one had a horrible portfolio. It looked like they used the same idea for every single person no matter what their features looked like. When I saw Michelle's portfolio I instantly knew that she was the one. She had models of different ethnicities so you were really able to tell that she can work with a lot of different types of facial features and knew exactly how to accentuate them. When I contacted Michelle for a trial she got back to me right away and gave me the option of getting my trial done at the Bobbi Brown counter which was very convenient. When I went to do my trial she was very nice and fun to talk to and the makeup was amazing and she did exactly what I wanted. The day of my wedding she came up to Westchester and she was early which was great. She got started right away and initially one of my bridesmaids wanted to do her own makeup but after seeing how beautiful Michelle made the other girls look she asked Michelle to do hers too. Even though there was an extra girl and we had only scheduled for her to do 4 faces, Michelle was able to squeeze her in with no problem. She was really great with time management and she worked very efficiently. She really listened to each girl to find out what they liked but she made it sooo much better than any of us imagined. My make-up on the day of was flawless. I didn't think it was possible that it could better than the trial but it was even better. I loved it so much I didn't want to wash it off at the end of the night! I've seen some pictures from family members and friends and the makeup looks amazing in the photos. I can't wait to see the photos taken by our photographer. I wanted to look and feel beautiful on my wedding day and that's exactly what Michelle did and I can't thank her enough!!

Sent on 07/10/2012
  • User2068411 · 2+ years ago

Thanks Michelle for doing a brilliant job on my make up for my special day. She was so helpful from the outset and gave me lots of advice both around skincare in preparation for the big day and the trial gave me the chance to test out different ideas and to make sure I was happy with the results. Not only was the make-up top class, Michelle also was so pleasant and friendly and made me feel completely at ease and perfectly relaxed on the morning of my wedding. Throughout the day it was commented on greatly by people. I never felt more beautiful in my life and I am so grateful that I have found her. Simply put, I would absolutely recommend Michelle as a truly professional, creative make-up artist and I can promise that every bride will feel amazing after her magic touch!

Monia
    Wedding Date: May 18, 2012

Sent on 10/07/2012

Shay · Married on 05/19/2012

Michelle is the best makeup artist I know. She is very talented and made me look so beautiful on my wedding day. I cried wells of tears before I walked down the aisle at my ceremony and afterwards looked in the mirror before the reception thinking my makeup dissolved, to my surprise My makeup looked exactly the same before the tears fell! That's when I knew Michelle did a great job. It was very important to me that I didnt have too much makeup on because I dont usually wear that much but the way she applies makeup made me look so natural and gorgeous! Thank you thank you Michelle!! words can't describe how thankful I am for being a part of making the day so memorable.

Sent on 05/30/2012
  • Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 05/11/2012

Michelle was simply amazing. I had to organize my wedding and all the pieces from California where I live and she was very accommodating from the trial to the details on the big day. I didn't have a lot of specific thoughts on my makeup so I wasn't the best at articulating what I wanted mine to look like. However, the day of she just did her magic and made me beautiful. I've never felt more beautiful in my life and much to do with Michelle's makeup - I especially loved the lashed. The make up wore amazingly all day even through sweating because of my non-stop dancing. My make up still looked good after midnight! Absolutely perfect!

Sent on 05/31/2012

Amanda · Married on 04/21/2012

Michelle did my makeup on my wedding day, as well as my bridal party. She was FANTASTIC. I can honestly say I felt flawless and beautiful. She brought out everyone's natural beauty, while giving each of us us a unique and beautiful look. Michelle is truly a talented artist. Very professional and reliable and listens to what you want. Highly recommend!

Sent on 05/05/2012

kerri · Married on 03/17/2012

I was so grateful to have found Michelle! As an overwhelmed bride who had recently had a horrible makeup trial with someone else, I could tell that Michelle was a good find as soon as I met her. She is classy, and her own makeup was perfection (I think this is an important detail when searching for a makeup artist capable of making you look your most beautiful!) She was understanding and patient with me in figuring out what I like and dislike and answered all of my questions (to airbrush or not to airbrush plus a million others). I enjoyed her personality and found her demeanor to be extremely calming. Her fees are certainly on par with most other Manhattan makeup artists and worth every penny (if not more)! If I could do it all over again, I would have done my first and only trial with Michelle and saved myself time and money. So many people were in awe of my makeup and have since requested her information. We just recently watched the highlight reel from the wedding for the first time and I was shocked at how my makeup stood up to the long day. I wholeheartedly recommend that you use Michelle for your big day – you won’t find a more talented artist. Thanks Michelle!

Sent on 05/21/2012

Steph · Married on 11/05/2011

Michelle is AMAZING! After doing a trial before my engagement photo shoot I was sold! I used her for all of the big events leading up to the wedding (shower, rehearsal dinner, etc.) and of course on my big day. Michelle did the makeup for me, the mothers, bridesmaids, etc and we couldn't of been happier. She did a FABULOUS job! She is a joy to work with, very responsive and professional. I highly recommend Michelle.

Sent on 05/11/2012

Dina · Married on 10/22/2011

michelle was great to work with. she listened to what i wanted done with my makeup and was respectful of my fair of being over made up. she gently nudged me to do a bit more than what i had originally wanted and i couldn't have been happier. my makeup lasted all night and i got tons of compliments. would definitely use her again.

Sent on 05/10/2012

Katie · Married on 09/30/2011

Michelle was great. She was responsive, available and worked with me to find the exact budget and look I was aiming for. Highly professional, flexible and good at what she does. My bridesmaids, mother and I were all very pleased.

Sent on 05/09/2012

Aisha · Married on 07/30/2011

I had a great experience working with Michelle. I don't really wear a lot of make-up so I explained to her that I wanted a very natural look with a bit of color. I wasn't even really sure what that meant when i said it but I got the look i wanted and more. I felt beautiful,what more could a woman want on her big day. To top it all off she made all my bridesmaids look fantastic as well. I was really happy with her work. She kept in contact with me leading up to the event -- she was on time, was professional and friendly. I would recommend her for any event.

Sent on 05/10/2012

BArbara · Married on 07/03/2011

Michele was wonderful. She made my daughter and I look very natural. It was a pleasure to work with her.

Sent on 08/03/2011

Joanna · Married on 07/01/2011

I found Michelle because of all of her wonderful reviews online. They couldn't be more accurate! Michelle arrives on time, is completely professional and does an amazing job! Even when she has someone like me who can't stop blinking when eye makeup is being applied. The makeup lasted all day, even in the July heat! I looked my best and so did all of my bridesmaids and the mothers! I'm so happy I used Michelle. I highly recommend her to any bride!!!

Sent on 02/26/2012
  • Hannah

Hannah · Married on 06/05/2011

Michelle did a beautiful job with the makeup for me and my mom and sister and friend. She is a wonderful, calm presence and an absolute professional. I loved working with her and I loved how I looked on my wedding day.

Sent on 06/30/2011

Abby · Married on 05/29/2011

My sister got married last year and the one vendor that I knew that I had to have was Michelle. She is phenomenal. I don't traditionally wear much make up at all (read - a little bit of cover up and the occasional eyeliner for a "dressy" event) and somehow Michelle managed to make me look spectacular but still just like me. On behalf of me, both my sisters, my mother, and *ALL* of my bridesmaids (a multi-ethnic group of ladies!) ---> Michelle is awesome. You have to have her.

Sent on 06/28/2011

Katey · Married on 05/21/2011

Michelle applied make up on me, my mother and my sister on my wedding day! She did an amazing job and we all received many compliments and looked great in photos! She was reasonably priced, very professional, accommodating, and fun to work with!

Sent on 08/12/2011

Shoshana · Married on 03/06/2011

Michelle really saved the day. As the mother of the bride, I had someone lined up to do makeup. The someone came, did the makeup, and it was a DISASTER! Michelle graciously took me on a moment's notice, wiped me up and started again, to great results. I would recommend her to anyone looking for professionalism, a pleasant attitude and great makeup. Thanks, Michelle!

Sent on 03/10/2011