Michelle Stern Beauty Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner

• Cindy
    Cindy T. Married on 06/12/2022

Amazing Make up Artist!

I was reading all the great reviews of Michelle and decided to book a make up trial with her. She was my only make up trial and I booked her soon after! I knew she would be the one after reading all her reviews and seeing her achieve the exact look that I wanted. I definitely would recommend all my friends who are getting married to Michelle as their MUA. LOVE!!
  • Isabelle
    Isabelle Married on 05/29/2022

Book Michelle Now!

I received Michelle’s information after seeing her beautiful work at a friends wedding. Communication with her was easy; she is prompt and thorough in her responses. Michelle has a talent in her ability to brighten everyone’s face, while highlighting qualities unique to the client. It was truly the first time I had my makeup done and every request I made was executed perfectly — and I am a perfectionist! In addition to her flawless makeup, Michelle’s personality brings warmth and joy to your celebration and she is a pleasure to work with. I wholeheartedly recommend Michelle for your wedding glam, too!
  • Kate
    Kate T. Married on 05/27/2022

Bridal Shower / Wedding Experience with Michelle!

Michelle is so positive, energetic, kind and talented. I can always depend on Michelle - she is on time and always delivers above and beyond! My bridal party is obsessed with her too because she is so down to earth and relatable :)
  • Cari
    Cari S. Married on 12/18/2021

Never thought I could feel so beautiful!

Michelle is magical! I never thought I could feel so beautiful. She was fun and attentive . She came with us to the venue for touch ups. But I loved her so much and we had some extra room so I invited her to join the party!! She touched me up the entire night! She gave me some amazing samples as well! Practically every girl at my wedding is begging me for her number!
  • Christine
    Christine Married on 11/28/2021

More Than a Makeup Artist!

I found Michelle through a mutual friend who hired her for her wedding. I already knew she is a master at her craft! The planning process was super easy and she was quick to respond to any inquiry I had. I love how her makeup technique highlighted everyone's natural beauty. She also made a professional grade Instagram reel of all of our final looks, which made us look like bombshell beauties. It was a nice touch, a perfectly captured memory. One of my favorite moments was when she helped us pop our champagne bottle like a pro! If you want that natural glow for your wedding, hire Michelle. Thank you again Michelle for all your help!

Michelle Stern Beauty's reply:

Thank you so much Christine!!! I had so much fun with all of you and can’t thank you enough for choosing me to do your makeup 🤗 I wish you a lifetime of love & happiness!
  • Molly
    Molly S. Married on 10/24/2021

Felt amazing on my day

Michelle and her team took the time to make sure each of my bridal party and family felt special and felt confident. She pays great attention to detail and makes sure to meet the needs of each individual client.
    Chandler B. Married on 09/25/2021

Run don’t walk to booking Michelle as your make-up artist!

I could not recommend Michelle more! She is a true artist when it comes to make-up. Her style is so natural but not too understated. The perfect mix! She made me feel gorgeous on my special day. Also, my mom is very picky when it comes to who does her make-up and she LOVED the make-up Michelle did for her throughout the entire wedding weekend. Not only is Michelle’s make-up style so refined and gorgeous, her presence is such a wonderful addition to the getting ready process. She is professional, calm, warm, and so easy to talk to. She also stayed for touch ups throughout our wedding photos, before the ceremony, and right after and she was on it! She was immediately there whenever my lips or under eyes need a touch up and did so quickly and efficiently. She made me feel so beautiful and wonderful throughout my entire wedding weekend. You will not disappointed in the slightest if you book her services!
    Gina R. Married on 08/22/2021

Most amazing wedding makeup/experience!

Michelle did my makeup for my small wedding in August 2021, and I cannot recommend her enough. At our trial she immediately understood what I was looking for (natural and somewhat understated, yet still glow-y and bridal) even though I felt like I had a bit of trouble explaining it well, and executed it flawlessly. She also did my mom and MIL's makeup, and won them over completely. They both have different styles and she tailored the looks to each of them. Not only was the makeup perfect, but she was a pleasure to work with, even under difficult circumstances, and extremely professional. She obtained a Covid test the day before the wedding at my request, and made it to our hotel in Brooklyn on time during an actual hurricane, and was cheery and fun the whole morning. You won't be disappointed working with Michelle for your wedding (or any event!).

Michelle Stern Beauty's reply:

Thank you soooo much for this review Gina! I totally forgot about the hurricane 😅 It was a great day despite it and it was such a pleasure to be a part of your wedding 🤗
  • Norah
    Norah Married on 07/08/2021

Amazing, natural, glowing wedding makeup!

Michelle was so easy to work with from our first email correspondence. She was always super responsive, which I really appreciated as a busy bride. She was also upfront and transparent about pricing (which was tougher to figure out with other makeup artists I considered). Once, I did the initial trial, I knew I wanted her to do my wedding makeup! I loved that she used the trail to show several different "stages" of a look that went from very natural to a little more dramatic so I could think about what I wanted to go for on my wedding day. I absolutely loved that she sticks to a more natural, fresh look - no cakeiness at all. By the time I was walking down the aisle, I felt like I was glowing, but still looked myself - PERFECTION ! Michelle is also super relaxed and has a great demeanor to be around on your wedding day. I highly recommend her ... and my husband does too. He loved, loved my wedding day glam :) !
    Elizabeth A. Married on 05/15/2021

Michelle Stern is amazing!

Michelle Stern is beyond the best makeup artist out there! I had the best experience with her from having my trial, to my actual wedding day! She made me, my mother, and bridesmaids look absolutely stunning! She is the kindest person and truly listens to what type of makeup look you are going for! I can not recommend Michelle enough for your wedding day or other events!!!
  • I
    Ilyse R. Married on 03/04/2021

The best make up!

I can't say enough positive things about Michelle. She is a truly exceptional make up artist and an awesome person. Not only does she make you look stunning, she also is so great and fun to speak with while getting your make up done. Her work is one of a kind. I always recommend her to everyone and I use her anytime I need my make up done!
  • Alexandra
    Alexandra Married on 11/12/2020

Michelle Stern is a true professional and gifted Make-up Artist.

Michelle Stern is a true professional. She was right on time with all of our appointments, accomodating in my first time navigation of New York and so precise and confident with her application of make-up that I felt at ease. Michelle seemed to prefer to listen when she was working, and would join in in conversation in between, but it really just showed how focused she was on getting things perfect. Our make-up lasted the whole afternoon and evening - flawless. Michelle's rate's are at the higher end of the spectrum, however I wanted to look my very best on the day and I knew that if my make-up was right everything would tie in and shine. I felt at my best - so thank you Michelle.
    Tara P. Married on 06/06/2020

The best find!

Michelle,

I love your work, your enthusiasm, and your passion for what you do. You made everyone's face look fresh, glow, but not overly heavy or cakey at all.

After luckily finding you on Yelp last year, I knew I had to book you for my wedding day and you didn't disappoint at all. Every single person - younger or older, found you to be incredibly talented and professional.

Thank you for waking up super early on my wedding day to (somehow) transform seven women and still have time for touch-ups.

My mom, who is on the older side, was literally transformed and you helped her feel confident and beautiful on a very important day.

I am so appreciative for your attitude throughout the day and for making everyone feel special. You deserve every accolade in the book.

Please book Michelle Stern, you won't regret it for a second.

Michelle Stern Beauty's reply:

Thank you so much Tara!! I had so much fun with all of you, it was truly a pleasure to be a part of your day 🤗. I’ve been loving all of the photos you’ve been sending, you were a vision!
  • Lauren
    Lauren B. Married on 05/30/2020

Highly recommend Michelle!!

Michelle is AMAZING! I had to postpone my wedding three times and she was very flexible and accommodating to all of the changes, which I very much appreciated. Not only was she sweet, professional, and an absolute pleasure to work with, she created exactly what I was looking for. She did makeup for all of my Bridesmaids, Mom & MIL as well and everyone was very pleased with the results. I can't wait to work with her again. HIGHLY recommend!!

Michelle Stern Beauty's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time you review me and I thank even more for the glowing review! Helping you get ready for your wedding was an honor and a complete pleasure! I wish you a lifetime of happiness 🤗
    G. L Married on 05/24/2020

The best!

Let me start off by saying that I am an extremely picky person with unreasonable standards that were only amplified by the fact that I needed a make-up artist for my wedding.

I had a terrible experience with another company and thankfully found Michelle after searching for what seemed like an eternity.

From the moment I met Michelle, she blew me away with her professionalism, kindness, and above all, astounding make-up work. I am someone who likes a more natural, understated look, and Michelle accommodated my every whim and made me look absolutely stunning. I loved her work so much that I am undoubtedly going to use her for every occasion I possibly can!
    G. L Married on 05/24/2020

The best!

• Hannah
    Hannah F. Married on 04/11/2020

Hands down the best makeup artist

Michelle is simply the best. She listens and her work is magical. You will not regret hiring her for your big day!
  • Chiara
    Chiara C. Married on 02/22/2020

I am so happy that I chose Michelle as my make-up artist for my wedding!

I am so happy that I chose Michelle as my make-up artist for my wedding!!! She is extremely talented and she created exactly the look that I wanted. Michelle did also my mother and my maid of honor make up. They were traveling to NYC from Italy and they absolutely loved the results! Michelle was very professional, punctual and patient on my big day and she was a pleasure to work with. We all absolutely loved Michelle and would recommend her to anyone!
  • Tasha
    Tasha Married on 01/19/2020

A league of her own!!!

Michelle is truly in a league of her own! She is so talented and made me feel so beautiful on my wedding day. It is not easy to find someone who understands how to work with redheads (ginger eyebrows & fair skin) but Michelle did it perfectly! You can tell she focuses on making your skin look healthy & glowing while really accentuating you're natural beauty. She listens to your ideas but does an even better job than you can imagine! My makeup lasted all night long but I never once felt like I was even wearing makeup (I hate feeling makeup caked on!). She made me feel look myself (which was important to me) just extra special! Michelle exudes positivity and is so fun but at the same time she is calming and also just so pleasant to be around- definitely the type of energy you need around while getting ready for your wedding! I really cannot thank Michelle enough, she's THE BEST!!!

Michelle Stern Beauty's reply:

Thank you Tasha & please thank your hubby for me.. if he hadn’t told you to hire the makeup artist who did his sister’s makeup for her wedding, we may not have met! I’m so happy we did bc you’re such a great girl & it was a pleasure to be a part of your special day 🤗
  • Dana
    Dana K. Married on 12/27/2019

The best for bridal!

Michelle did my and my mother/MIL makeup for my wedding and let me just say - she is THE BEST. Not only is she incredibly talented, and made me look beautiful without being over the top, but she's awesome! So friendly and easy to talk to and definitely makes you feel like you have a friend with you. I couldn't recommend her more.
    Alyse Married on 10/26/2019

10/26/2019 wedding make-up

I couldn’t stop looking at Michelle’s Instagram and was obsessed with her wedding looks. After my trial I knew I had to have her at my wedding. I had a big party (13 ladies getting makeup that day) and she was on time, lovely to spend time with, and finished everyone with time to spare. My party raves about how it was the best wedding makeup they’ve had (quite a few were including their own wedding day make-up). I couldn’t recommend Michelle more!
    Ashley B. Married on 10/19/2019

Highly Recommend Michelle Stern Beauty!

I hired Michelle for my elopement in New York City this past October, and I could not have been more pleased. My husband and I and our immediate families were coming from Canada, and I hired Michelle to do mine, my sister's, my mother and mother-in-law's makeup. All four of us were BEYOND happy with the results. Michelle knew just what to do to enhance each of us in our own ways, and her skill and experience was obvious. The makeup was absolutely flawless. She was calm and professional despite the chaos going on around her, and I felt comfortable in her hands immediately. Highly, highly recommend Michelle Stern Beauty!
    Annabelle W. Married on 09/28/2019

Michelle is amazing!

Michelle is amazing and made all my makeup dreams come true! She is incredible at her job and made me look so natural and exactly like myself – but even better! I received so many compliments specifically on my makeup, even from the men at my wedding. I’ve never felt more beautiful in my entire life and it was all thanks to Michelle! She is also so so fun to hang out with and I enjoyed every second with her. Your makeup artist is someone who hangs with you all day of your wedding so extremely important too that she is such a joy to be around. Stop your researching and book her!!
  • Kimberly
    Kimberly G. Married on 09/15/2019

Professional, caring and so passionate about what she does. Michelle is a true artist.

Michelle went above and beyond for me leading up to and on the day of my wedding. I have never felt more gorgeous than I did my wedding day. She is a true artist and her vision was PERFECTION. I don’t wear a lot of makeup, so I didn’t know at first during the trial exactly what I wanted. But she was so patient w me, and we tried a few different things until I loved exactly what she had done. And the day of my wedding
    It was seamless. I looked flawless. She also has a way with brides- bc she defn put me at ease I guess bc of wedding jitters. I honestly could not have done it without her. I got so many compliments on my makeup and never felt so beautiful like I did that special day.
    Prem L. Married on 09/07/2019

Gorgeous wedding day

Michelle was amazing to work with on my wedding day! She’s a talented and professional makeup artist. I saw her reviews on The WeddingWire and looked her up on Instagram. I didn’t hesitate to reach out to her right away. I was surprised and thankful that she’s still available on my big day. She listened carefully during my trial and created my perfect natural look for my wedding day.

The day of the wedding she showed up right on time, set up her work space professionally. She did my makeup, my mom, mother in laws and maid of honor. Everyone looked naturally gorgeous! Michelle is an incredibly sweet person with a very calming presence. I’d highly recommend her for your big day!