Michelle Stern Beauty Reviews

Michelle Stern Beauty 4
Michelle Stern Beauty 5
Michelle Stern Beauty 6

Andrea Baevsky · Married on 10/20/2018

Beyond excellent...amazing and perfect!

Hi Michelle. It’s Andy..Melanie’s Mom. Just wanted to thank you for making me, Melanie, Erica and my sister look so beautiful Saturday night. You are amazing,talented, and so patient and kind. I look forward to seeing you soon!

Michelle Stern Beauty 10
    Michelle Stern Beauty 11

Melanie Baevsky · Married on 10/20/2018

Michelle is the best!

Michelle did my makeup for my engagement shoot and for my wedding — both were gorgeous! She’s a pleasure to work with, reliable, and has a GREAT eye. I trust her implicitly and recommend her to everyone!

Alison · Married on 08/19/2018

Great Experience

I had a great experience with Michelle Stern! It started with the stellar makeup application at the trial, and the crisp photos she took under just the right lighting. Once I sent those photos to my bridesmaids, they all said to cancel the other trial I had scheduled. They werent wrong - everyone looked and felt beautiful and so natural on the day of the wedding.

Michelle also has a great Instagram, which shows brides before and after; it’s fun to see, and shows the magic she adds!

Jessica · Married on 06/09/2018

Michelle is simply the best!! My wedding day make-up not only looked stunning and perfect with my gown, but also lasted the ENTIRE night. To the point where when I got back to the hotel around 2:30am, it still looked amazing and I did not want to take it off. She's that good.

I scheduled my first trial with Michelle on a friend's recommendation. I wasn't sure of the exact look I wanted and met with her multiple times ahead of the wedding. She was extremely patient, answered all of my many, many questions, spent time looking through my inspiration photos, and was so willing try out whatever I asked. She is also extremely responsive--don't underestimate the value of this when working with tons of vendors. She was so easy to work with and I never had to worry about whether she would get back to me.

On wedding day, Michelle arrived early and was such a calming and fun influence on me and my bridal party. I was concerned because I barely slept the night before you would never know it -- her ability to create that 'bridal glow' is nothing short of magic and I have never felt more beautiful (or awake!). Michelle did makeup for a few family members and bridesmaids as well--everyone looked so beautiful and she was also more than willing to make any adjustments or changes that were requested. She also really took her time with each one of us which I appreciated.

Michelle is fantastic at what she does and an absolute pleasure to spend time with--I can't wait to work with her again soon. Hiring her will be one of the best decisions you will make!

Aliza · Married on 05/27/2018

Michelle Stern is an incredible makeup artist and I am so incredibly happy that she did my wedding makeup! I was told about Michelle from a friend and the second I met her, I knew she was going to be my makeup person. She listened to exactly what I wanted, gave me sound advice on what looked best for wedding makeup, and, above all, took her time to make sure you look perfect. Everyone in my wedding party who had their makeup done by Michelle looked gorgeous and received so many compliments. No one felt that their makeup looked heavy (which was a huge concern of my mom) and the makeup lasted flawlessly the whole night. Moreover, she not only did a beautiful makeup job, but made sure my skin was well hydrated and glowing. Michelle is also very fast at responding via email/phone, extremely professional, and just made me feel calm and happy the day of. To be that talented and then also have a fantastic personality is something you need in your makeup artist and Michelle fulfills that and more!!

lauren · Married on 05/12/2018

Michelle was everything I could have asked for and more. We worked together to find the exact look I wanted for both the Rehearsal Dinner and the Wedding. She was patient with me and made sure I was happy with the outcome. I felt my ultimate best! She also did my mom and sisters make up and they looked so beautiful! Michelle made me feel calm and comfortable and during a stressful time that is exactly what I needed. She was friendly, helpful, patient, and just so easy to be around. Everyone enjoyed her company as much as her work! She was an absolute pleasure and I can't wait until I have another event to have my make up done by her.

Charisse · Married on 04/08/2018

I worked with Michelle for my wedding. Simply put: Michelle is a rockstar. I've never felt so beautiful, and still totally like myself.

She did an equally amazing job with my day-of crew. My mom, in-laws, and girlfriends are all VERY different in terms of personality, style, and skin tones, and Michelle handled everyone perfectly. They are as obsessed with her work as I am, and all commented on her kindness and professionalism.

One of the most amazing parts was that I danced so hard at my reception and my makeup STILL looked amazing at the end of the night. I didn’t think that was possible.

Highly recommend Michelle, and can’t wait to work with her again.

Lindsay · Married on 03/03/2018

I hired Michelle to do my makeup for my wedding on 3/3, along with my sister, mom, aunt and grandmother's makeup. Michelle is the absolute best. She was so professional, quick, calm and her work is absolutely STUNNING. After my trial I knew I had to book her immediately. Michelle made me feel so confident and beautiful on my wedding day. I wanted to look glamorous but still feel like I looked like myself, and Michelle achieved just that. My makeup was flawless and I got so many compliments. I trusted Michelle completely with my look and it took so much stress out of the wedding day.
    Everyone who got their makeup done looked incredible, Michelle tailored each person's application to their needs from my MOH sister to my 81 year old grandmother, we all looked and felt amazing. She gave equal attention and care to everyone and still made sure we were on time for the timeline of the day. She is so sweet and throughout the day was so calm that it helped keep everyone relaxed. My makeup lasted the entire night through to the after party! I plan on using Michelle for all future events, I can't wait to work with her again.

Sent on 03/13/2018

Michelle Stern Beauty's reply:

Wow... Thank you so much Lindsay! It was an absolute pleasure to be a part of your special day. You were absolutely STUNNING and I can't wait to see some photos!!!

Courtney · Married on 02/24/2018

Michelle did my makeup for my wedding day, and I cannot begin to say enough wonderful things about her. From my make-up trial to the wedding, Michelle was absolute joy - professional, attentive and the perfect calming presence for what had otherwise been a very exciting, yet stressful and hectic several months. I was initially unsure if I wanted to go for a natural or more dramatic look - Michelle took the time to work with me during the trial to gauge my style and what worked best on me so I could arrive to this decision on my own. I've already gotten some pictures back from friends, and I'm thrilled with how my makeup turned out! Also, it's important to note that despite some pictures in the rain, dancing, sweating, eating and a generally long, hectic day, my makeup looked perfect all night! I truly cannot recommend Michelle enough. Thank you!

Sent on 03/25/2018

Michelle Stern Beauty's reply:

Thank you so much Courtney! It was an absolute joy to work with you and I can't wait to see the photos! Hope to see you soon :)

Jessica · Married on 10/21/2017

Michelle is absolutely incredible - she made me feel the most beautiful I have ever felt in my entire life on my wedding day (even my parents said they thought I'd never looked more beautiful) while still making me feel like myself. I typically hate photos of myself but absolutely love the ones we've gotten so far from our wedding, in large part because my makeup was so amazing. Aside from Michelle's talent, which is quite obvious if you look at her Instagram before-and-after photos and especially if you do a trial, Michelle was extremely professional and great at handling different personalities and helping keep the atmosphere calm on what could be a pretty stressful day. Speaking of the trial, while I thought she did a great job at mine, I decided in the months afterwards that I really wanted a different look on my wedding day. Michelle was completely okay basically scrapping her notes from the trial and starting from scratch and the result was better than I imagined it could be. I have already recommended Michelle to friends and will continue to do so. Really could not be any happier!!!

Ashley · Married on 10/08/2017

Michelle is a rock star! I knew the moment I saw her “before and after” photos her work is transformational in the best way possible! They way she highlights features and blends natural beauty with high style glam is astounding! She was so amazing to have for my wedding day.

Kaitlin · Married on 10/07/2017

I loved working with Michelle on my wedding day and would highly recommend her to anyone in need of an incredible makeup artist!

Robyn · Married on 09/30/2017

I absolutely loved my experience with Michelle! I reached out to several makeup artists and she was by far the most professional and accommodating. I love my wedding makeup and will be sure to share photos when I get them :) I highly recommend Michelle & hope to use her incredibly talented self for any future professional makeup needed events going forward :)

Allison · Married on 09/30/2017

Michelle is an incredible makeup artist and just a wonderful human being. She will make you look like the most flawlessly beautiful version of yourself but most importantly you will still look and feel like you! She is exactly who you want by your side on your wedding day. When you think about your wedding vendors, picking talented people is a given but remember to pick vendors who you want to spend your day with...because these people will be supporting you through so many special moments. I wouldn't think twice about Michelle...she's the best in every way. Just feel lucky if you can book her!!!

Sara · Married on 09/09/2017

Michelle and her team were amazing on our wedding day. They were so attentive to what we wanted and what we envisioned. You could not ask for a better makeup team. People are still talking about how great we all looked!

Kimberly · Married on 08/18/2017

Michelle is the absolute best! She took care of myself, my mum and sister with all very different skin care needs and made us look the best versions of ourselves for my wedding. She even worked out of the hotel tub to get the best lighting possible - talk about working hard for the cause! I won't use anyone else for my make up for future events. Michelle, you are awesome!

Michelle Stern Beauty 12

Julianna · Married on 06/10/2017

I very recently got married (June 10th 2017) and Michelle did my makeup and my bridesmaids makeup. I can not even put into words how amazing we all looked and felt. She listened to what we wanted and made us all look flawless. My biggest concern when picking a makeup artist was that I wanted someone who would make me look beautiful but also still look like myself. That is exactly what Michelle did. I was the best version of myself that day!

She was on time, fun, and kept the day flowing, and I can not thank her enough. She is so talented, book her for your special day or anytime you want to look amazing! Thank you Michelle xoxoxox

Casey · Married on 05/23/2017

The struggle of planning a destination wedding is obvious enough. Then, to make things more...exciting, there's finding a suitable makeup artist in one of the largest cities in the world. No easy feat.

But, alas, I found Michelle Stern!

A lot of my time was spent falling down a rabbit hole of makeup artists' websites and Instagrams. So much so I don't even remember how I found Michelle. Oh well, minor details. The point is I found her. Michelle is the everything-you-could-want-in-a-makeup-artist makeup artist!

When I first reached out to her, she was quick to respond and happy to answer my many, likely annoying, questions. As a destination bride, my time in NY was limited. Especially on the front end, which meant that unlike normal brides who do their makeup trial months prior to their wedding, I was having my trial done, horrifyingly close to my wedding. As in a day before. I know. If the trial didn't go well, you could definitely say I was asking for it. Plus, because I'm asian with what some refer to as monolids, a lot of makeup artists don't know what to do with my eyes and when I look in the mirror, I just cringe...But my point is, my trial didn't go bad. It went perfectly. When I looked in the mirror, I felt like the most beautiful version of myself! In fact, I could've just sat in front of a mirror for however long you would've let me because Michelle made me feel that beautiful. And I'm sure she knew it. But being the humble, kind person she is, she asked if I liked it, if I wanted to change anything, etc. It's amazing how in such a huge city, I managed to strike gold with her.

Once you know about Michelle Stern, looking any further is a waste of time. Michelle is the best!!!

Alison · Married on 05/20/2017

Michelle Stern is an incredible make-up artist and true professional! During the make-up trial, she really listened to what I wanted while still trying a few different lip options (full make-up, dramatic eyes). She was extremely accommodating given that I lived in Toronto but was getting married in NYC. At the time, I also did not have a hair stylist so she made a recommendations and I ended up going with her referral who was also excellent. On the day of the wedding I had gotten a spray tan and she adjusted all the coloring appropriately. She single-handedly did make up for my 4 bridesmaids and the mother solo in less than 4 hours which demonstrates incredible time management as well. I have never felt so beautiful in my life. You can see for yourself her amazing talent on her Instagram at MZstern and my transformation here https://instagram.com/p/BUU4J_BhW5c/ .

• Gillian

Gillian · Married on 05/07/2017

I was VERY selective with who I chose for my MUA. I studied many artists' portfolios meticulously and went through way too many (and at times even overpriced) trials before I found Michelle. She was the only one who understood my face, and it showed especially in the way she applied foundation and contouring. Somehow she simultaneously made me look flawless for the camera and maintained my natural look in person.... and you can't find that with just anyone. Michelle was super cool to work with, too. On the day of my wedding she and a partner did all six of my bridesmaids plus two mothers, and the getting ready atmosphere felt like a glamorous party. Everyone loved her. Oh, and we all arrived on time to the church looking like supermodels.

Lyndi · Married on 04/22/2017

I did my due diligence and scheduled many makeup trials to ensure I was absolutely in love with both my makeup and the artist for my wedding day. There are SO many moving pieces and different vendors for your wedding and peace of mind is absolutely key. If you have any worries or concerns, do not proceed because come wedding day, when all of the hard work is done, it is your time to enjoy and soak in every single minute! Being worried about either someone not showing up on time or not performing exactly to your liking simply isn't worth it. With Michelle I had absolutely NO worries! I saw a photo of the before and after of makeup Michelle did for a wedding on Instagram and immediately scheduled a trial. From my trial through my wedding day, communicating with Michelle was a breeze. I was never confused or concerned about anything, her prices are extremely reasonable and comparable, and her work is flawless. Michelle is a consummate professional with so much knowledge and skill, but she is also an absolute joy to work with as she is friendly, warm, kind and calm. My entire bridal party couldn't stop raving about how much fun we had with her while we got ready, and how beautiful all of our makeup looked. I would hands down recommend Michelle ten times over for her services and would use her again myself in a heartbeat!

Sent on 05/24/2017

Michelle Stern Beauty's reply:

Wow! Thank you so much Lyndi! I loved your vibe from the moment we met and can't thank you enough for choosing me for the big day! I hope to see you soon!

cheryl · Married on 04/02/2017

Accessible and professional, quality work

Gentiana · Married on 03/01/2017

Michelle was amazing she made me look and feel so beautiful her work is impeccable I was very happy with everything she is amazing I would definitely recommend her not only is she very professional but her makeup is unreal. Thank you so much for making me look so beautiful you have hands of gold!

Marcy · Married on 02/19/2017

Michelle did the make up for my daughter's wedding Feb 2017. She did my daughter, a bridesmaid, and my make up. We all looked absolutely beautiful. I'm 63 and after Michelle was done I looked 15 years younger. The guests at the wedding raved about how good we looked. When I show people pictures, they say my daughter should be a movie star and thst I looked fantastic. My make up was done first at 9 am and lasted all night. Michelle worked efficiently but would not allow the hair stylist to rush her. I encouraged her to put pictures of us old ones on her website, but I don't believe she did. I can't recommend her enough. Thanks Michelle for helping make beautiful memories .