Michelle Stern Beauty Reviews

192 | New York, NY

192 Reviews for Michelle Stern Beauty

• Norah

Norah · Getting married on 07/08/2021

Amazing, natural, glowing wedding makeup!

Michelle was so easy to work with from our first email correspondence. She was always super responsive, which I really appreciated as a busy bride. She was also upfront and transparent about pricing (which was tougher to figure out with other makeup artists I considered). Once, I did the initial trial, I knew I wanted her to do my wedding makeup! I loved that she used the trail to show several different "stages" of a look that went from very natural to a little more dramatic so I could think about what I wanted to go for on my wedding day. I absolutely loved that she sticks to a more natural, fresh look - no cakeiness at all. By the time I was walking down the aisle, I felt like I was glowing, but still looked myself - PERFECTION ! Michelle is also super relaxed and has a great demeanor to be around on your wedding day. I highly recommend her ... and my husband does too. He loved, loved my wedding day glam :) !

Sent on 10/02/2019
  • I

Ilyse Rohlman · Getting married on 03/04/2021

The best make up!

I can't say enough positive things about Michelle. She is a truly exceptional make up artist and an awesome person. Not only does she make you look stunning, she also is so great and fun to speak with while getting your make up done. Her work is one of a kind. I always recommend her to everyone and I use her anytime I need my make up done!

Sent on 10/15/2019
  • Alexandra

Alexandra · Getting married on 11/12/2020

Michelle Stern is a true professional and gifted Make-up Artist.

Michelle Stern is a true professional. She was right on time with all of our appointments, accomodating in my first time navigation of New York and so precise and confident with her application of make-up that I felt at ease. Michelle seemed to prefer to listen when she was working, and would join in in conversation in between, but it really just showed how focused she was on getting things perfect. Our make-up lasted the whole afternoon and evening - flawless. Michelle's rate's are at the higher end of the spectrum, however I wanted to look my very best on the day and I knew that if my make-up was right everything would tie in and shine. I felt at my best - so thank you Michelle.

Sent on 01/23/2020
  • Hannah

Hannah Fastov · Married on 04/11/2020

Hands down the best makeup artist

Michelle is simply the best. She listens and her work is magical. You will not regret hiring her for your big day!

Sent on 01/23/2020
  • Tasha

Tasha · Married on 01/19/2020

A league of her own!!!

Michelle is truly in a league of her own! She is so talented and made me feel so beautiful on my wedding day. It is not easy to find someone who understands how to work with redheads (ginger eyebrows & fair skin) but Michelle did it perfectly! You can tell she focuses on making your skin look healthy & glowing while really accentuating you're natural beauty. She listens to your ideas but does an even better job than you can imagine! My makeup lasted all night long but I never once felt like I was even wearing makeup (I hate feeling makeup caked on!). She made me feel look myself (which was important to me) just extra special! Michelle exudes positivity and is so fun but at the same time she is calming and also just so pleasant to be around- definitely the type of energy you need around while getting ready for your wedding! I really cannot thank Michelle enough, she's THE BEST!!!

Sent on 05/13/2020

Michelle Stern Beauty's reply:

Thank you Tasha & please thank your hubby for me.. if he hadn’t told you to hire the makeup artist who did his sister’s makeup for her wedding, we may not have met! I’m so happy we did bc you’re such a great girl & it was a pleasure to be a part of your special day 🤗
  • Dana

Dana Kasdin · Married on 12/27/2019

The best for bridal!

Michelle did my and my mother/MIL makeup for my wedding and let me just say - she is THE BEST. Not only is she incredibly talented, and made me look beautiful without being over the top, but she's awesome! So friendly and easy to talk to and definitely makes you feel like you have a friend with you. I couldn't recommend her more.

Sent on 01/21/2020

Alyse G. · Married on 10/26/2019

10/26/2019 wedding make-up

I couldn’t stop looking at Michelle’s Instagram and was obsessed with her wedding looks. After my trial I knew I had to have her at my wedding. I had a big party (13 ladies getting makeup that day) and she was on time, lovely to spend time with, and finished everyone with time to spare. My party raves about how it was the best wedding makeup they’ve had (quite a few were including their own wedding day make-up). I couldn’t recommend Michelle more!

Sent on 01/21/2020

Ashley Brown · Married on 10/19/2019

Highly Recommend Michelle Stern Beauty!

I hired Michelle for my elopement in New York City this past October, and I could not have been more pleased. My husband and I and our immediate families were coming from Canada, and I hired Michelle to do mine, my sister's, my mother and mother-in-law's makeup. All four of us were BEYOND happy with the results. Michelle knew just what to do to enhance each of us in our own ways, and her skill and experience was obvious. The makeup was absolutely flawless. She was calm and professional despite the chaos going on around her, and I felt comfortable in her hands immediately. Highly, highly recommend Michelle Stern Beauty!

Sent on 11/06/2019

Annabelle Wallace · Married on 09/28/2019

Michelle is amazing!

Michelle is amazing and made all my makeup dreams come true! She is incredible at her job and made me look so natural and exactly like myself – but even better! I received so many compliments specifically on my makeup, even from the men at my wedding. I’ve never felt more beautiful in my entire life and it was all thanks to Michelle! She is also so so fun to hang out with and I enjoyed every second with her. Your makeup artist is someone who hangs with you all day of your wedding so extremely important too that she is such a joy to be around. Stop your researching and book her!!

Sent on 11/22/2019
  • Kimberly

Kimberly Gibson · Married on 09/15/2019

Professional, caring and so passionate about what she does. Michelle is a true artist.

Michelle went above and beyond for me leading up to and on the day of my wedding. I have never felt more gorgeous than I did my wedding day. She is a true artist and her vision was PERFECTION. I don’t wear a lot of makeup, so I didn’t know at first during the trial exactly what I wanted. But she was so patient w me, and we tried a few different things until I loved exactly what she had done. And the day of my wedding
    It was seamless. I looked flawless. She also has a way with brides- bc she defn put me at ease I guess bc of wedding jitters. I honestly could not have done it without her. I got so many compliments on my makeup and never felt so beautiful like I did that special day.

Sent on 12/13/2019

prem lee · Married on 09/07/2019

Gorgeous wedding day

Michelle was amazing to work with on my wedding day! She’s a talented and professional makeup artist. I saw her reviews on The WeddingWire and looked her up on Instagram. I didn’t hesitate to reach out to her right away. I was surprised and thankful that she’s still available on my big day. She listened carefully during my trial and created my perfect natural look for my wedding day.

The day of the wedding she showed up right on time, set up her work space professionally. She did my makeup, my mom, mother in laws and maid of honor. Everyone looked naturally gorgeous! Michelle is an incredibly sweet person with a very calming presence. I’d highly recommend her for your big day!

Sent on 11/06/2019
  • Michele

Michele · Married on 08/23/2019

Glamorous. Perfect. Amazing.

These are just a few words to describe my experience with Michelle. From the second I met her to do my makeup trial, I knew I met the one- well the one that would do my makeup for my wedding. My anxieties and nerves of my look being executed were instantly put to ease. Michelle was referred to me by my good friend, who referred to Michelle as the “Beyoncé” of makeup. And that she was. My trial makeup was absolutely perfect. I didn’t have to make any tweaks at all. She took detailed notes and pictures that day. Working with her was extremely easy. She was very prompt and professional with contracts and response times. Always pleasant. On my wedding day she was early, set up and I loved her assistant as well. I had a very large bridal party and every girl was thrilled with their makeup. Moms, grandmas, flower girls and 6 bridesmaids. Not one person had one thing bad to say with their makeup. I think that’s just about as hard to do as finding the end of a rainbow. But Michelle and her assistant managed. Now for my makeup- I just don’t have words. I absolutely loved it. And the pictures are amazing! Through the laughter, tears, and hot July summer day, I looked flawless the entire time. I never needed a touch up. In fact- the lashes she put on stayed on for the entire weekend- which was such a nice treat.

Long story short- look no further. She’s the one! She’s the best! And you would be insane not to want Michelle on your dream team for one of the most important and amazing days of your life. DO IT!

Sent on 09/06/2019
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 06/30/2019

Michelle is the BEST!!

After doing two makeup trials with another makeup artist that left me looking not quite like myself, I turned to Wedding Wire to explore other options. Thank God I did because it led me to Michelle, who for so many reasons, is simply the best. I met Michelle at Bergdorf for my trial and I immediately knew I was in good hands. With virtually no direction, Michelle worked her magic and made my skin glow and natural features pop like I've never seen before. On my way out, people literally stopped me to complement my skin. This is what Michelle does best- she transforms your skin and makes you look naturally beautiful without making you look or feel like you're wearing a ton of makeup. The day of, Michelle and her assistant made everyone look absolutely stunning and were so much fun to work with. Not only is Michelle the best at what she does, she has such a fun personality and makes you feel totally at ease. She also travels more than anyone I have ever met and can give you amazing suggestions and honeymoon ideas if you haven't yet planned yours. So basically, Michelle is a 2-for-1- an amazing makeup artist and travel agent for the price of one!

Sent on 10/01/2019
  • Sevda

Sevda · Married on 06/28/2019

Best Makeup Artist in NYC

I am so happy that I chose Michelle to be my makeup artist for my summer wedding in New York City! Thanks to Michelle, I have never felt more beautiful on the most important day of my life. She is extremely talented at her craft, a great listener, so professional, and has a calming demeanour. She made up three other girls in my family and each of them looked beyond stunning. She listened carefully to exactly what each of us wanted, and was able to bring out our natural beauty and make us feel like queens! I highly recommend Michelle because she will make you look and feel as you have always dreamed of for your big day!

Sent on 02/08/2020

Lisa Von Thaden · Married on 06/22/2019

Best wedding makeup!

Michelle did my makeup for both my rehearsal dinner and wedding and I could not be happier! She listens to exactly what you want and gives the perfect natural look. All of my friends also looked stunning on the wedding day. My makeup looked great all night and the photographs are amazing. I am so happy to have found Michelle and I would highly recommend her for any event!! She also has a great calming presence and is super relaxed and easy to talk to. I can't say enough good things!!

Sent on 06/30/2019

Julie · Married on 06/08/2019

Wonderful wedding makeup experience

From the minute I saw Michelle's past work I could tell she created personalized experiences for each person she works with, not only the bride but for everyone in the wedding party. Michelle was always available to my family and I when we had questions leading up to the event. Additionally, a member of my wedding party had serious skin concerns that we were trying to cover up with jewelry and a higher neckline, but Michelle was magically able to cover up her breakouts so that my bridesmaid wore her original dress without any heavy jewelry. We were all amazed and beyond happy.

Needless to say, I couldn't recommend Michelle more. She's beautiful inside and out, and will make you feel like the most beautiful bride ever.

Sent on 06/25/2019

N & M · Married on 06/05/2019

Wedding NYC

Michelle is Amazing! From day 1 she answered all my questions Quick and had patience with me. Since I traveled from abroad for my wedding I was a Little bit nervous about Everything, but as soon as I met Michelle at the trial Before my weddingday I felt that I've made the right choice. At my wedding day she was sooo happy and helpful, but at the same time she made me feel som calm and relaxed. The makeup was Amazing! I highly recommend Michelle!

Sent on 07/04/2019

Sylvia Rosenberg · Married on 04/13/2019

Professional and a true artist !❤️

Michelle made me look and feel beautiful, as well as all of my sister, niece and daughter in law. I found her very professional and so sweet. I highly recommend using Michelle, you will be so happy when you get your photos back!

Sent on 06/25/2019
  • Jillian

Jillian Jweinat · Married on 03/08/2019

The best makeup artist I have ever had!

Michelle came highly recommended by a friend, and I hired her for my wedding last August. On the wedding day, she did makeup for my entire bridal party and myself. Literally everyone in my bridal party commented on how good their makeup was done. Some wanted a natural look and others wanted more heavy makeup; she was able to accommodate all preferences.

She uses top of the line products. She is extremely attentive to detail, honest, patient, and a calming force amidst the chaos of a wedding day.

I am one of the most picky people when it comes to doing makeup, and I couldn't recommend her more. She will make anyone feel beautiful after she is done doing their makeup. She is a great person to hire for any wedding.

Sent on 01/20/2020
  • Kelli

Kelli · Married on 01/19/2019

Exactly who you want for your wedding!

I am the type of person who prefers a more 'natural' look vs. wearing heavy makeup and every time I have to get makeup done professionally for a friend's wedding or special event, I DREAD it because I know the artist will cake the makeup on my face and I won't look like myself!

Well, when I got engaged, a friend of mine recommended Michelle Stern and for that, I am forever grateful. Not only was Michelle responsive (any bride will agree this becomes even more important during wedding planning), but she truly has a talent. I asked for a natural look and she delivered 110% so that I still looked like myself (just a much better version! ;)) She also did the makeup of my 4 sisters who are also very tough critics when it comes to makeup, and Michelle got nothing short of raving reviews from them as well.

And in case you needed more examples of how awesome Michelle is, she got on the ground to help me find my lost earring back as I was getting ready that day AND jumped in to help fix my hair (which was done by someone else) when I was having hesitation about it right before leaving for the ceremony! She's just incredible.

Choosing Michelle was the easiest decision I made throughout the entire planning process and I could not recommend her more highly! She is any bride's peace of mind on their big day!

Sent on 02/01/2019

Andrea Baevsky · Married on 10/20/2018

Beyond excellent...amazing and perfect!

Hi Michelle. It’s Andy..Melanie’s Mom. Just wanted to thank you for making me, Melanie, Erica and my sister look so beautiful Saturday night. You are amazing,talented, and so patient and kind. I look forward to seeing you soon!

Sent on 10/22/2018

Melanie Baevsky · Married on 10/20/2018

Michelle is the best!

Michelle did my makeup for my engagement shoot and for my wedding — both were gorgeous! She’s a pleasure to work with, reliable, and has a GREAT eye. I trust her implicitly and recommend her to everyone!

Sent on 10/23/2018
  • Jessa

Jessa Matalani · Married on 10/13/2018

A true professional and experienced make-up Artist

Michelle Stern is an excellent make-up artist. I will 100% recommend her to all my friends and family. Before thankfully going to Michelle My Maid of Honor and I did a couple other make-up trials at well-known beauty salons such as, Beautini where we were utterly disappointed with the results. I for one use quality products when it comes to my face and the make-up I use daily, such products like: Charlotte Tilbury and Giorgio Armani... that said, the products being used from the beauty salons I trialed at were terrible in comparison and the ladies there were noticeably inexperienced. As a bride to be, I was determined to find a professional and trustworthy make-up artist to help me accomplish the flawless radiant look I envisioned. I actually found Michelle's outstanding work through Instagram and after doing a trial with her at Bergdorf Goodman I didn't hesitate to book her for my wedding date. She listened to exactly what I wanted and she only uses the best products! She has impeccable technique mixing colors and using specific brushes to accomplish a beautifully clean and classy finished look. She gave me the radiant "airbrushed look" with dramatic eye lashes I wanted and it held perfectly from morning till the end of the night! She also did my mother's, sister's and best friend's makeup the morning of my wedding and we were all so pleased with the results. What I loved about Michelle is that she is 100% experienced, specifically in doing bridal make-up! She's professional, cultured, and efficient at her job and most importantly makes you feel comfortable which I really needed the morning of my wedding! She's down to earth, fun to talk to, has pristine taste and honestly is just tremendous at what she does so I was confident my make-up would look wonderful on that special day. I'm so grateful I found her!! If you're a bride-to-be or looking for a trustworthy make-up artist do yourself a favor and meet with Michelle, you won't be disappointed :)

Sent on 01/11/2019

Alison · Married on 08/19/2018

Great Experience

I had a great experience with Michelle Stern! It started with the stellar makeup application at the trial, and the crisp photos she took under just the right lighting. Once I sent those photos to my bridesmaids, they all said to cancel the other trial I had scheduled. They werent wrong - everyone looked and felt beautiful and so natural on the day of the wedding.

Michelle also has a great Instagram, which shows brides before and after; it’s fun to see, and shows the magic she adds!

Sent on 11/01/2018
  • Marilyn

Marilyn · Married on 08/03/2018

Michelle the Make up Magician

Michelle made me feel so beautiful! She was amazing in understanding my vision of very soft, natural glam. She was so good at communicating and always would answer any my questions. She was so professional but so down to earth. She was a pleasure to work with for my big day. I would totally recommend her!

Sent on 02/01/2020