Michelle Stern Beauty Reviews

Michelle Stern Beauty 4
Michelle Stern Beauty 5
  • Norah

Norah · Getting married on 07/08/2021

Amazing, natural, glowing wedding makeup!

Michelle was so easy to work with from our first email correspondence. She was always super responsive, which I really appreciated as a busy bride. She was also upfront and transparent about pricing (which was tougher to figure out with other makeup artists I considered). Once, I did the initial trial, I knew I wanted her to do my wedding makeup! I loved that she used the trail to show several different "stages" of a look that went from very natural to a little more dramatic so I could think about what I wanted to go for on my wedding day. I absolutely loved that she sticks to a more natural, fresh look - no cakeiness at all. By the time I was walking down the aisle, I felt like I was glowing, but still looked myself - PERFECTION ! Michelle is also super relaxed and has a great demeanor to be around on your wedding day. I highly recommend her ... and my husband does too. He loved, loved my wedding day glam :) !

Sent on 10/02/2019
  • I

Ilyse Rohlman · Getting married on 03/04/2021

The best make up!

I can't say enough positive things about Michelle. She is a truly exceptional make up artist and an awesome person. Not only does she make you look stunning, she also is so great and fun to speak with while getting your make up done. Her work is one of a kind. I always recommend her to everyone and I use her anytime I need my make up done!

Sent on 10/15/2019
  • Dana

Dana Kasdin · Married on 12/27/2019

The best for bridal!

Michelle did my and my mother/MIL makeup for my wedding and let me just say - she is THE BEST. Not only is she incredibly talented, and made me look beautiful without being over the top, but she's awesome! So friendly and easy to talk to and definitely makes you feel like you have a friend with you. I couldn't recommend her more.

Sent on 01/21/2020

Alyse G. · Married on 10/26/2019

10/26/2019 wedding make-up

I couldn’t stop looking at Michelle’s Instagram and was obsessed with her wedding looks. After my trial I knew I had to have her at my wedding. I had a big party (13 ladies getting makeup that day) and she was on time, lovely to spend time with, and finished everyone with time to spare. My party raves about how it was the best wedding makeup they’ve had (quite a few were including their own wedding day make-up). I couldn’t recommend Michelle more!

Sent on 01/21/2020

Ashley Brown · Married on 10/19/2019

Highly Recommend Michelle Stern Beauty!

I hired Michelle for my elopement in New York City this past October, and I could not have been more pleased. My husband and I and our immediate families were coming from Canada, and I hired Michelle to do mine, my sister's, my mother and mother-in-law's makeup. All four of us were BEYOND happy with the results. Michelle knew just what to do to enhance each of us in our own ways, and her skill and experience was obvious. The makeup was absolutely flawless. She was calm and professional despite the chaos going on around her, and I felt comfortable in her hands immediately. Highly, highly recommend Michelle Stern Beauty!

Sent on 11/06/2019

Annabelle Wallace · Married on 09/28/2019

Michelle is amazing!

Michelle is amazing and made all my makeup dreams come true! She is incredible at her job and made me look so natural and exactly like myself – but even better! I received so many compliments specifically on my makeup, even from the men at my wedding. I’ve never felt more beautiful in my entire life and it was all thanks to Michelle! She is also so so fun to hang out with and I enjoyed every second with her. Your makeup artist is someone who hangs with you all day of your wedding so extremely important too that she is such a joy to be around. Stop your researching and book her!!

Sent on 11/22/2019
  • Kimberly

Kimberly Gibson · Married on 09/15/2019

Professional, caring and so passionate about what she does. Michelle is a true artist.

Michelle went above and beyond for me leading up to and on the day of my wedding. I have never felt more gorgeous than I did my wedding day. She is a true artist and her vision was PERFECTION. I don’t wear a lot of makeup, so I didn’t know at first during the trial exactly what I wanted. But she was so patient w me, and we tried a few different things until I loved exactly what she had done. And the day of my wedding
    It was seamless. I looked flawless. She also has a way with brides- bc she defn put me at ease I guess bc of wedding jitters. I honestly could not have done it without her. I got so many compliments on my makeup and never felt so beautiful like I did that special day.

Michelle Stern Beauty 6
    Sent on 12/13/2019

prem lee · Married on 09/07/2019

Gorgeous wedding day

Michelle was amazing to work with on my wedding day! She’s a talented and professional makeup artist. I saw her reviews on The WeddingWire and looked her up on Instagram. I didn’t hesitate to reach out to her right away. I was surprised and thankful that she’s still available on my big day. She listened carefully during my trial and created my perfect natural look for my wedding day.

The day of the wedding she showed up right on time, set up her work space professionally. She did my makeup, my mom, mother in laws and maid of honor. Everyone looked naturally gorgeous! Michelle is an incredibly sweet person with a very calming presence. I’d highly recommend her for your big day!

Sent on 11/06/2019
  • Michele

Michele · Married on 08/23/2019

Glamorous. Perfect. Amazing.

These are just a few words to describe my experience with Michelle. From the second I met her to do my makeup trial, I knew I met the one- well the one that would do my makeup for my wedding. My anxieties and nerves of my look being executed were instantly put to ease. Michelle was referred to me by my good friend, who referred to Michelle as the “Beyoncé” of makeup. And that she was. My trial makeup was absolutely perfect. I didn’t have to make any tweaks at all. She took detailed notes and pictures that day. Working with her was extremely easy. She was very prompt and professional with contracts and response times. Always pleasant. On my wedding day she was early, set up and I loved her assistant as well. I had a very large bridal party and every girl was thrilled with their makeup. Moms, grandmas, flower girls and 6 bridesmaids. Not one person had one thing bad to say with their makeup. I think that’s just about as hard to do as finding the end of a rainbow. But Michelle and her assistant managed. Now for my makeup- I just don’t have words. I absolutely loved it. And the pictures are amazing! Through the laughter, tears, and hot July summer day, I looked flawless the entire time. I never needed a touch up. In fact- the lashes she put on stayed on for the entire weekend- which was such a nice treat.

Long story short- look no further. She’s the one! She’s the best! And you would be insane not to want Michelle on your dream team for one of the most important and amazing days of your life. DO IT!

Michelle Stern Beauty 7
    Michelle Stern Beauty 8
    Michelle Stern Beauty 9
    Sent on 09/06/2019
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 06/30/2019

Michelle is the BEST!!

After doing two makeup trials with another makeup artist that left me looking not quite like myself, I turned to Wedding Wire to explore other options. Thank God I did because it led me to Michelle, who for so many reasons, is simply the best. I met Michelle at Bergdorf for my trial and I immediately knew I was in good hands. With virtually no direction, Michelle worked her magic and made my skin glow and natural features pop like I've never seen before. On my way out, people literally stopped me to complement my skin. This is what Michelle does best- she transforms your skin and makes you look naturally beautiful without making you look or feel like you're wearing a ton of makeup. The day of, Michelle and her assistant made everyone look absolutely stunning and were so much fun to work with. Not only is Michelle the best at what she does, she has such a fun personality and makes you feel totally at ease. She also travels more than anyone I have ever met and can give you amazing suggestions and honeymoon ideas if you haven't yet planned yours. So basically, Michelle is a 2-for-1- an amazing makeup artist and travel agent for the price of one!

Sent on 10/01/2019

Lisa Von Thaden · Married on 06/22/2019

Best wedding makeup!

Michelle did my makeup for both my rehearsal dinner and wedding and I could not be happier! She listens to exactly what you want and gives the perfect natural look. All of my friends also looked stunning on the wedding day. My makeup looked great all night and the photographs are amazing. I am so happy to have found Michelle and I would highly recommend her for any event!! She also has a great calming presence and is super relaxed and easy to talk to. I can't say enough good things!!

Michelle Stern Beauty 10
    Sent on 06/30/2019

Julie · Married on 06/08/2019

Wonderful wedding makeup experience

From the minute I saw Michelle's past work I could tell she created personalized experiences for each person she works with, not only the bride but for everyone in the wedding party. Michelle was always available to my family and I when we had questions leading up to the event. Additionally, a member of my wedding party had serious skin concerns that we were trying to cover up with jewelry and a higher neckline, but Michelle was magically able to cover up her breakouts so that my bridesmaid wore her original dress without any heavy jewelry. We were all amazed and beyond happy.

Needless to say, I couldn't recommend Michelle more. She's beautiful inside and out, and will make you feel like the most beautiful bride ever.

Sent on 06/25/2019

N & M · Married on 06/05/2019

Wedding NYC

Michelle is Amazing! From day 1 she answered all my questions Quick and had patience with me. Since I traveled from abroad for my wedding I was a Little bit nervous about Everything, but as soon as I met Michelle at the trial Before my weddingday I felt that I've made the right choice. At my wedding day she was sooo happy and helpful, but at the same time she made me feel som calm and relaxed. The makeup was Amazing! I highly recommend Michelle!

Sent on 07/04/2019

Sylvia Rosenberg · Married on 04/13/2019

Professional and a true artist !❤️

Michelle made me look and feel beautiful, as well as all of my sister, niece and daughter in law. I found her very professional and so sweet. I highly recommend using Michelle, you will be so happy when you get your photos back!

Sent on 06/25/2019
  • Jillian

Jillian Jweinat · Married on 03/08/2019

The best makeup artist I have ever had!

Michelle came highly recommended by a friend, and I hired her for my wedding last August. On the wedding day, she did makeup for my entire bridal party and myself. Literally everyone in my bridal party commented on how good their makeup was done. Some wanted a natural look and others wanted more heavy makeup; she was able to accommodate all preferences.

She uses top of the line products. She is extremely attentive to detail, honest, patient, and a calming force amidst the chaos of a wedding day.

I am one of the most picky people when it comes to doing makeup, and I couldn't recommend her more. She will make anyone feel beautiful after she is done doing their makeup. She is a great person to hire for any wedding.

Michelle Stern Beauty 11
    Michelle Stern Beauty 12
    Michelle Stern Beauty 13
    Michelle Stern Beauty 14
    Michelle Stern Beauty 15
    Sent on 01/20/2020
  • Kelli

Kelli · Married on 01/19/2019

Exactly who you want for your wedding!

I am the type of person who prefers a more 'natural' look vs. wearing heavy makeup and every time I have to get makeup done professionally for a friend's wedding or special event, I DREAD it because I know the artist will cake the makeup on my face and I won't look like myself!

Well, when I got engaged, a friend of mine recommended Michelle Stern and for that, I am forever grateful. Not only was Michelle responsive (any bride will agree this becomes even more important during wedding planning), but she truly has a talent. I asked for a natural look and she delivered 110% so that I still looked like myself (just a much better version! ;)) She also did the makeup of my 4 sisters who are also very tough critics when it comes to makeup, and Michelle got nothing short of raving reviews from them as well.

And in case you needed more examples of how awesome Michelle is, she got on the ground to help me find my lost earring back as I was getting ready that day AND jumped in to help fix my hair (which was done by someone else) when I was having hesitation about it right before leaving for the ceremony! She's just incredible.

Choosing Michelle was the easiest decision I made throughout the entire planning process and I could not recommend her more highly! She is any bride's peace of mind on their big day!

Sent on 02/01/2019

Andrea Baevsky · Married on 10/20/2018

Beyond excellent...amazing and perfect!

Hi Michelle. It’s Andy..Melanie’s Mom. Just wanted to thank you for making me, Melanie, Erica and my sister look so beautiful Saturday night. You are amazing,talented, and so patient and kind. I look forward to seeing you soon!

Michelle Stern Beauty 16
    Michelle Stern Beauty 17
    Sent on 10/22/2018

Melanie Baevsky · Married on 10/20/2018

Michelle is the best!

Michelle did my makeup for my engagement shoot and for my wedding — both were gorgeous! She’s a pleasure to work with, reliable, and has a GREAT eye. I trust her implicitly and recommend her to everyone!

Sent on 10/23/2018
  • Jessa

Jessa Matalani · Married on 10/13/2018

A true professional and experienced make-up Artist

Michelle Stern is an excellent make-up artist. I will 100% recommend her to all my friends and family. Before thankfully going to Michelle My Maid of Honor and I did a couple other make-up trials at well-known beauty salons such as, Beautini where we were utterly disappointed with the results. I for one use quality products when it comes to my face and the make-up I use daily, such products like: Charlotte Tilbury and Giorgio Armani... that said, the products being used from the beauty salons I trialed at were terrible in comparison and the ladies there were noticeably inexperienced. As a bride to be, I was determined to find a professional and trustworthy make-up artist to help me accomplish the flawless radiant look I envisioned. I actually found Michelle's outstanding work through Instagram and after doing a trial with her at Bergdorf Goodman I didn't hesitate to book her for my wedding date. She listened to exactly what I wanted and she only uses the best products! She has impeccable technique mixing colors and using specific brushes to accomplish a beautifully clean and classy finished look. She gave me the radiant "airbrushed look" with dramatic eye lashes I wanted and it held perfectly from morning till the end of the night! She also did my mother's, sister's and best friend's makeup the morning of my wedding and we were all so pleased with the results. What I loved about Michelle is that she is 100% experienced, specifically in doing bridal make-up! She's professional, cultured, and efficient at her job and most importantly makes you feel comfortable which I really needed the morning of my wedding! She's down to earth, fun to talk to, has pristine taste and honestly is just tremendous at what she does so I was confident my make-up would look wonderful on that special day. I'm so grateful I found her!! If you're a bride-to-be or looking for a trustworthy make-up artist do yourself a favor and meet with Michelle, you won't be disappointed :)

Michelle Stern Beauty 18
    Michelle Stern Beauty 19
    Sent on 01/11/2019

Alison · Married on 08/19/2018

Great Experience

I had a great experience with Michelle Stern! It started with the stellar makeup application at the trial, and the crisp photos she took under just the right lighting. Once I sent those photos to my bridesmaids, they all said to cancel the other trial I had scheduled. They werent wrong - everyone looked and felt beautiful and so natural on the day of the wedding.

Michelle also has a great Instagram, which shows brides before and after; it’s fun to see, and shows the magic she adds!

Sent on 11/01/2018

Jessica · Married on 06/09/2018

Michelle is simply the best!! My wedding day make-up not only looked stunning and perfect with my gown, but also lasted the ENTIRE night. To the point where when I got back to the hotel around 2:30am, it still looked amazing and I did not want to take it off. She's that good.

I scheduled my first trial with Michelle on a friend's recommendation. I wasn't sure of the exact look I wanted and met with her multiple times ahead of the wedding. She was extremely patient, answered all of my many, many questions, spent time looking through my inspiration photos, and was so willing try out whatever I asked. She is also extremely responsive--don't underestimate the value of this when working with tons of vendors. She was so easy to work with and I never had to worry about whether she would get back to me.

On wedding day, Michelle arrived early and was such a calming and fun influence on me and my bridal party. I was concerned because I barely slept the night before you would never know it -- her ability to create that 'bridal glow' is nothing short of magic and I have never felt more beautiful (or awake!). Michelle did makeup for a few family members and bridesmaids as well--everyone looked so beautiful and she was also more than willing to make any adjustments or changes that were requested. She also really took her time with each one of us which I appreciated.

Michelle is fantastic at what she does and an absolute pleasure to spend time with--I can't wait to work with her again soon. Hiring her will be one of the best decisions you will make!

Sent on 06/23/2018

Aliza · Married on 05/27/2018

Michelle Stern is an incredible makeup artist and I am so incredibly happy that she did my wedding makeup! I was told about Michelle from a friend and the second I met her, I knew she was going to be my makeup person. She listened to exactly what I wanted, gave me sound advice on what looked best for wedding makeup, and, above all, took her time to make sure you look perfect. Everyone in my wedding party who had their makeup done by Michelle looked gorgeous and received so many compliments. No one felt that their makeup looked heavy (which was a huge concern of my mom) and the makeup lasted flawlessly the whole night. Moreover, she not only did a beautiful makeup job, but made sure my skin was well hydrated and glowing. Michelle is also very fast at responding via email/phone, extremely professional, and just made me feel calm and happy the day of. To be that talented and then also have a fantastic personality is something you need in your makeup artist and Michelle fulfills that and more!!

lauren · Married on 05/12/2018

Michelle was everything I could have asked for and more. We worked together to find the exact look I wanted for both the Rehearsal Dinner and the Wedding. She was patient with me and made sure I was happy with the outcome. I felt my ultimate best! She also did my mom and sisters make up and they looked so beautiful! Michelle made me feel calm and comfortable and during a stressful time that is exactly what I needed. She was friendly, helpful, patient, and just so easy to be around. Everyone enjoyed her company as much as her work! She was an absolute pleasure and I can't wait until I have another event to have my make up done by her.

Skye · Married on 04/11/2018

We came all the way to New York from Australia to get married in Central Park. I had never been to the states before and didn’t know anyone there so trying to find a makeup artist was really stressful! I spent hours and hours looking at reviews online and going through Instagram tags without any luck. Then, one of my amazing bridesmaids found Michelle on instagram and tagged me in her photos, as soon as I saw these I said “yes, I’ve found the one!”. On the day Michelle did not disappoint!! She was so lovely and so professional. She did my two bridesmaids makeup and mine and every one of us said it was the best we had ever looked! She worked so well with my hair artist too even though they’d never met, they were a dream team!!! If your looking for a MUA in the states, Michelle is your superstar! Thanks so much again Michelle!!

Michelle Stern Beauty 20
    Michelle Stern Beauty 21
    Michelle Stern Beauty 22

Charisse · Married on 04/08/2018

I worked with Michelle for my wedding. Simply put: Michelle is a rockstar. I've never felt so beautiful, and still totally like myself.

She did an equally amazing job with my day-of crew. My mom, in-laws, and girlfriends are all VERY different in terms of personality, style, and skin tones, and Michelle handled everyone perfectly. They are as obsessed with her work as I am, and all commented on her kindness and professionalism.

One of the most amazing parts was that I danced so hard at my reception and my makeup STILL looked amazing at the end of the night. I didn’t think that was possible.

Highly recommend Michelle, and can’t wait to work with her again.

Sent on 07/08/2018