Michelle Stern Beauty Reviews

Michelle Stern Beauty 6
Michelle Stern Beauty 7
  • Norah

Norah · Getting married on 07/08/2021

Amazing, natural, glowing wedding makeup!

Michelle was so easy to work with from our first email correspondence. She was always super responsive, which I really appreciated as a busy bride. She was also upfront and transparent about pricing (which was tougher to figure out with other makeup artists I considered). Once, I did the initial trial, I knew I wanted her to do my wedding makeup! I loved that she used the trail to show several different "stages" of a look that went from very natural to a little more dramatic so I could think about what I wanted to go for on my wedding day. I absolutely loved that she sticks to a more natural, fresh look - no cakeiness at all. By the time I was walking down the aisle, I felt like I was glowing, but still looked myself - PERFECTION ! Michelle is also super relaxed and has a great demeanor to be around on your wedding day. I highly recommend her ... and my husband does too. He loved, loved my wedding day glam :) !

Sent on 10/02/2019
  • I

Ilyse Rohlman · Getting married on 03/04/2021

The best make up!

I can't say enough positive things about Michelle. She is a truly exceptional make up artist and an awesome person. Not only does she make you look stunning, she also is so great and fun to speak with while getting your make up done. Her work is one of a kind. I always recommend her to everyone and I use her anytime I need my make up done!

Sent on 10/15/2019
  • Michele

Michele · Married on 08/23/2019

Glamorous. Perfect. Amazing.

These are just a few words to describe my experience with Michelle. From the second I met her to do my makeup trial, I knew I met the one- well the one that would do my makeup for my wedding. My anxieties and nerves of my look being executed were instantly put to ease. Michelle was referred to me by my good friend, who referred to Michelle as the “Beyoncé” of makeup. And that she was. My trial makeup was absolutely perfect. I didn’t have to make any tweaks at all. She took detailed notes and pictures that day. Working with her was extremely easy. She was very prompt and professional with contracts and response times. Always pleasant. On my wedding day she was early, set up and I loved her assistant as well. I had a very large bridal party and every girl was thrilled with their makeup. Moms, grandmas, flower girls and 6 bridesmaids. Not one person had one thing bad to say with their makeup. I think that’s just about as hard to do as finding the end of a rainbow. But Michelle and her assistant managed. Now for my makeup- I just don’t have words. I absolutely loved it. And the pictures are amazing! Through the laughter, tears, and hot July summer day, I looked flawless the entire time. I never needed a touch up. In fact- the lashes she put on stayed on for the entire weekend- which was such a nice treat.

Long story short- look no further. She’s the one! She’s the best! And you would be insane not to want Michelle on your dream team for one of the most important and amazing days of your life. DO IT!

Sent on 09/06/2019
    Michelle Stern Beauty 8
    Michelle Stern Beauty 9
    Michelle Stern Beauty 10
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 06/30/2019

Michelle is the BEST!!

After doing two makeup trials with another makeup artist that left me looking not quite like myself, I turned to Wedding Wire to explore other options. Thank God I did because it led me to Michelle, who for so many reasons, is simply the best. I met Michelle at Bergdorf for my trial and I immediately knew I was in good hands. With virtually no direction, Michelle worked her magic and made my skin glow and natural features pop like I've never seen before. On my way out, people literally stopped me to complement my skin. This is what Michelle does best- she transforms your skin and makes you look naturally beautiful without making you look or feel like you're wearing a ton of makeup. The day of, Michelle and her assistant made everyone look absolutely stunning and were so much fun to work with. Not only is Michelle the best at what she does, she has such a fun personality and makes you feel totally at ease. She also travels more than anyone I have ever met and can give you amazing suggestions and honeymoon ideas if you haven't yet planned yours. So basically, Michelle is a 2-for-1- an amazing makeup artist and travel agent for the price of one!

Sent on 10/01/2019

Lisa Von Thaden · Married on 06/22/2019

Best wedding makeup!

Michelle did my makeup for both my rehearsal dinner and wedding and I could not be happier! She listens to exactly what you want and gives the perfect natural look. All of my friends also looked stunning on the wedding day. My makeup looked great all night and the photographs are amazing. I am so happy to have found Michelle and I would highly recommend her for any event!! She also has a great calming presence and is super relaxed and easy to talk to. I can't say enough good things!!

Sent on 06/30/2019
    Michelle Stern Beauty 11

Julie · Married on 06/08/2019

Wonderful wedding makeup experience

From the minute I saw Michelle's past work I could tell she created personalized experiences for each person she works with, not only the bride but for everyone in the wedding party. Michelle was always available to my family and I when we had questions leading up to the event. Additionally, a member of my wedding party had serious skin concerns that we were trying to cover up with jewelry and a higher neckline, but Michelle was magically able to cover up her breakouts so that my bridesmaid wore her original dress without any heavy jewelry. We were all amazed and beyond happy.

Needless to say, I couldn't recommend Michelle more. She's beautiful inside and out, and will make you feel like the most beautiful bride ever.

Sent on 06/25/2019

N & M · Married on 06/05/2019

Wedding NYC

Michelle is Amazing! From day 1 she answered all my questions Quick and had patience with me. Since I traveled from abroad for my wedding I was a Little bit nervous about Everything, but as soon as I met Michelle at the trial Before my weddingday I felt that I've made the right choice. At my wedding day she was sooo happy and helpful, but at the same time she made me feel som calm and relaxed. The makeup was Amazing! I highly recommend Michelle!

Sent on 07/04/2019

Sylvia Rosenberg · Married on 04/13/2019

Professional and a true artist !❤️

Michelle made me look and feel beautiful, as well as all of my sister, niece and daughter in law. I found her very professional and so sweet. I highly recommend using Michelle, you will be so happy when you get your photos back!

Sent on 06/25/2019
  • Kelli

Kelli · Married on 01/19/2019

Exactly who you want for your wedding!

I am the type of person who prefers a more 'natural' look vs. wearing heavy makeup and every time I have to get makeup done professionally for a friend's wedding or special event, I DREAD it because I know the artist will cake the makeup on my face and I won't look like myself!

Well, when I got engaged, a friend of mine recommended Michelle Stern and for that, I am forever grateful. Not only was Michelle responsive (any bride will agree this becomes even more important during wedding planning), but she truly has a talent. I asked for a natural look and she delivered 110% so that I still looked like myself (just a much better version! ;)) She also did the makeup of my 4 sisters who are also very tough critics when it comes to makeup, and Michelle got nothing short of raving reviews from them as well.

And in case you needed more examples of how awesome Michelle is, she got on the ground to help me find my lost earring back as I was getting ready that day AND jumped in to help fix my hair (which was done by someone else) when I was having hesitation about it right before leaving for the ceremony! She's just incredible.

Choosing Michelle was the easiest decision I made throughout the entire planning process and I could not recommend her more highly! She is any bride's peace of mind on their big day!

Sent on 02/01/2019

Andrea Baevsky · Married on 10/20/2018

Beyond excellent...amazing and perfect!

Hi Michelle. It’s Andy..Melanie’s Mom. Just wanted to thank you for making me, Melanie, Erica and my sister look so beautiful Saturday night. You are amazing,talented, and so patient and kind. I look forward to seeing you soon!

Sent on 10/22/2018
    Michelle Stern Beauty 12
    Michelle Stern Beauty 13

Melanie Baevsky · Married on 10/20/2018

Michelle is the best!

Michelle did my makeup for my engagement shoot and for my wedding — both were gorgeous! She’s a pleasure to work with, reliable, and has a GREAT eye. I trust her implicitly and recommend her to everyone!

Sent on 10/23/2018
  • Jessa

Jessa Matalani · Married on 10/13/2018

A true professional and experienced make-up Artist

Michelle Stern is an excellent make-up artist. I will 100% recommend her to all my friends and family. Before thankfully going to Michelle My Maid of Honor and I did a couple other make-up trials at well-known beauty salons such as, Beautini where we were utterly disappointed with the results. I for one use quality products when it comes to my face and the make-up I use daily, such products like: Charlotte Tilbury and Giorgio Armani... that said, the products being used from the beauty salons I trialed at were terrible in comparison and the ladies there were noticeably inexperienced. As a bride to be, I was determined to find a professional and trustworthy make-up artist to help me accomplish the flawless radiant look I envisioned. I actually found Michelle's outstanding work through Instagram and after doing a trial with her at Bergdorf Goodman I didn't hesitate to book her for my wedding date. She listened to exactly what I wanted and she only uses the best products! She has impeccable technique mixing colors and using specific brushes to accomplish a beautifully clean and classy finished look. She gave me the radiant "airbrushed look" with dramatic eye lashes I wanted and it held perfectly from morning till the end of the night! She also did my mother's, sister's and best friend's makeup the morning of my wedding and we were all so pleased with the results. What I loved about Michelle is that she is 100% experienced, specifically in doing bridal make-up! She's professional, cultured, and efficient at her job and most importantly makes you feel comfortable which I really needed the morning of my wedding! She's down to earth, fun to talk to, has pristine taste and honestly is just tremendous at what she does so I was confident my make-up would look wonderful on that special day. I'm so grateful I found her!! If you're a bride-to-be or looking for a trustworthy make-up artist do yourself a favor and meet with Michelle, you won't be disappointed :)

Sent on 01/11/2019
    Michelle Stern Beauty 14
    Michelle Stern Beauty 15

Alison · Married on 08/19/2018

Great Experience

I had a great experience with Michelle Stern! It started with the stellar makeup application at the trial, and the crisp photos she took under just the right lighting. Once I sent those photos to my bridesmaids, they all said to cancel the other trial I had scheduled. They werent wrong - everyone looked and felt beautiful and so natural on the day of the wedding.

Michelle also has a great Instagram, which shows brides before and after; it’s fun to see, and shows the magic she adds!

Sent on 11/01/2018

Jessica · Married on 06/09/2018

Michelle is simply the best!! My wedding day make-up not only looked stunning and perfect with my gown, but also lasted the ENTIRE night. To the point where when I got back to the hotel around 2:30am, it still looked amazing and I did not want to take it off. She's that good.

I scheduled my first trial with Michelle on a friend's recommendation. I wasn't sure of the exact look I wanted and met with her multiple times ahead of the wedding. She was extremely patient, answered all of my many, many questions, spent time looking through my inspiration photos, and was so willing try out whatever I asked. She is also extremely responsive--don't underestimate the value of this when working with tons of vendors. She was so easy to work with and I never had to worry about whether she would get back to me.

On wedding day, Michelle arrived early and was such a calming and fun influence on me and my bridal party. I was concerned because I barely slept the night before you would never know it -- her ability to create that 'bridal glow' is nothing short of magic and I have never felt more beautiful (or awake!). Michelle did makeup for a few family members and bridesmaids as well--everyone looked so beautiful and she was also more than willing to make any adjustments or changes that were requested. She also really took her time with each one of us which I appreciated.

Michelle is fantastic at what she does and an absolute pleasure to spend time with--I can't wait to work with her again soon. Hiring her will be one of the best decisions you will make!

Sent on 06/23/2018

Aliza · Married on 05/27/2018

Michelle Stern is an incredible makeup artist and I am so incredibly happy that she did my wedding makeup! I was told about Michelle from a friend and the second I met her, I knew she was going to be my makeup person. She listened to exactly what I wanted, gave me sound advice on what looked best for wedding makeup, and, above all, took her time to make sure you look perfect. Everyone in my wedding party who had their makeup done by Michelle looked gorgeous and received so many compliments. No one felt that their makeup looked heavy (which was a huge concern of my mom) and the makeup lasted flawlessly the whole night. Moreover, she not only did a beautiful makeup job, but made sure my skin was well hydrated and glowing. Michelle is also very fast at responding via email/phone, extremely professional, and just made me feel calm and happy the day of. To be that talented and then also have a fantastic personality is something you need in your makeup artist and Michelle fulfills that and more!!

lauren · Married on 05/12/2018

Michelle was everything I could have asked for and more. We worked together to find the exact look I wanted for both the Rehearsal Dinner and the Wedding. She was patient with me and made sure I was happy with the outcome. I felt my ultimate best! She also did my mom and sisters make up and they looked so beautiful! Michelle made me feel calm and comfortable and during a stressful time that is exactly what I needed. She was friendly, helpful, patient, and just so easy to be around. Everyone enjoyed her company as much as her work! She was an absolute pleasure and I can't wait until I have another event to have my make up done by her.

Skye · Married on 04/11/2018

We came all the way to New York from Australia to get married in Central Park. I had never been to the states before and didn’t know anyone there so trying to find a makeup artist was really stressful! I spent hours and hours looking at reviews online and going through Instagram tags without any luck. Then, one of my amazing bridesmaids found Michelle on instagram and tagged me in her photos, as soon as I saw these I said “yes, I’ve found the one!”. On the day Michelle did not disappoint!! She was so lovely and so professional. She did my two bridesmaids makeup and mine and every one of us said it was the best we had ever looked! She worked so well with my hair artist too even though they’d never met, they were a dream team!!! If your looking for a MUA in the states, Michelle is your superstar! Thanks so much again Michelle!!

Michelle Stern Beauty 16
    Michelle Stern Beauty 17
    Michelle Stern Beauty 18

Charisse · Married on 04/08/2018

I worked with Michelle for my wedding. Simply put: Michelle is a rockstar. I've never felt so beautiful, and still totally like myself.

She did an equally amazing job with my day-of crew. My mom, in-laws, and girlfriends are all VERY different in terms of personality, style, and skin tones, and Michelle handled everyone perfectly. They are as obsessed with her work as I am, and all commented on her kindness and professionalism.

One of the most amazing parts was that I danced so hard at my reception and my makeup STILL looked amazing at the end of the night. I didn’t think that was possible.

Highly recommend Michelle, and can’t wait to work with her again.

Sent on 07/08/2018

Lindsay · Married on 03/03/2018

I hired Michelle to do my makeup for my wedding on 3/3, along with my sister, mom, aunt and grandmother's makeup. Michelle is the absolute best. She was so professional, quick, calm and her work is absolutely STUNNING. After my trial I knew I had to book her immediately. Michelle made me feel so confident and beautiful on my wedding day. I wanted to look glamorous but still feel like I looked like myself, and Michelle achieved just that. My makeup was flawless and I got so many compliments. I trusted Michelle completely with my look and it took so much stress out of the wedding day.
    Everyone who got their makeup done looked incredible, Michelle tailored each person's application to their needs from my MOH sister to my 81 year old grandmother, we all looked and felt amazing. She gave equal attention and care to everyone and still made sure we were on time for the timeline of the day. She is so sweet and throughout the day was so calm that it helped keep everyone relaxed. My makeup lasted the entire night through to the after party! I plan on using Michelle for all future events, I can't wait to work with her again.

Sent on 03/13/2018

Michelle Stern Beauty's reply:

Wow... Thank you so much Lindsay! It was an absolute pleasure to be a part of your special day. You were absolutely STUNNING and I can't wait to see some photos!!!

Courtney · Married on 02/24/2018

Michelle did my makeup for my wedding day, and I cannot begin to say enough wonderful things about her. From my make-up trial to the wedding, Michelle was absolute joy - professional, attentive and the perfect calming presence for what had otherwise been a very exciting, yet stressful and hectic several months. I was initially unsure if I wanted to go for a natural or more dramatic look - Michelle took the time to work with me during the trial to gauge my style and what worked best on me so I could arrive to this decision on my own. I've already gotten some pictures back from friends, and I'm thrilled with how my makeup turned out! Also, it's important to note that despite some pictures in the rain, dancing, sweating, eating and a generally long, hectic day, my makeup looked perfect all night! I truly cannot recommend Michelle enough. Thank you!

Sent on 03/25/2018

Michelle Stern Beauty's reply:

Thank you so much Courtney! It was an absolute joy to work with you and I can't wait to see the photos! Hope to see you soon :)

Jessica · Married on 10/21/2017

Michelle is absolutely incredible - she made me feel the most beautiful I have ever felt in my entire life on my wedding day (even my parents said they thought I'd never looked more beautiful) while still making me feel like myself. I typically hate photos of myself but absolutely love the ones we've gotten so far from our wedding, in large part because my makeup was so amazing. Aside from Michelle's talent, which is quite obvious if you look at her Instagram before-and-after photos and especially if you do a trial, Michelle was extremely professional and great at handling different personalities and helping keep the atmosphere calm on what could be a pretty stressful day. Speaking of the trial, while I thought she did a great job at mine, I decided in the months afterwards that I really wanted a different look on my wedding day. Michelle was completely okay basically scrapping her notes from the trial and starting from scratch and the result was better than I imagined it could be. I have already recommended Michelle to friends and will continue to do so. Really could not be any happier!!!

Sent on 11/02/2017

Ashley · Married on 10/08/2017

Michelle is a rock star! I knew the moment I saw her “before and after” photos her work is transformational in the best way possible! They way she highlights features and blends natural beauty with high style glam is astounding! She was so amazing to have for my wedding day.

Sent on 11/10/2017

Kaitlin · Married on 10/07/2017

I loved working with Michelle on my wedding day and would highly recommend her to anyone in need of an incredible makeup artist!

Sent on 11/12/2017

Robyn · Married on 09/30/2017

I absolutely loved my experience with Michelle! I reached out to several makeup artists and she was by far the most professional and accommodating. I love my wedding makeup and will be sure to share photos when I get them :) I highly recommend Michelle & hope to use her incredibly talented self for any future professional makeup needed events going forward :)

Sent on 10/23/2017

Allison · Married on 09/30/2017

Michelle is an incredible makeup artist and just a wonderful human being. She will make you look like the most flawlessly beautiful version of yourself but most importantly you will still look and feel like you! She is exactly who you want by your side on your wedding day. When you think about your wedding vendors, picking talented people is a given but remember to pick vendors who you want to spend your day with...because these people will be supporting you through so many special moments. I wouldn't think twice about Michelle...she's the best in every way. Just feel lucky if you can book her!!!

Sent on 10/29/2017