Michelle Lauren Photography Reviews

27 | Santa Barbara, CA

27 Reviews for Michelle Lauren Photography

Phil T · Getting married on 05/09/2022

Comfortable and Intimate

Michelle is not only an incredibly skilled photographer - what makes her great for romantic photoshoots is that she makes the couple feel very comfortable with her presence - despite capturing moments that are very intimate. It's a very fine and delicate balance to be able to let the couple shine without breaking the intimacy - and she does a wonderful job of placing herself in such a way that lets intimacy shine through while still being very friendly and comforting.

I couldn't've been happier with the way my engagement photos turned out! It was supposed to be a surprise, so Michelle made every effort to go under the radar to capture the moment on my knee - and then spent about an hour walking us around a beautiful property to capture intimate photos. She thought of everything ahead of time: make sure she doesn't wear sunglasses, make sure she's the one facing into the light, etc. to make the picture perfect moment.

Truly a kind human being with a passion for capturing people's intimate moments, Michelle is someone you want there to capture your special moment.

Sent on 02/13/2020
  • Erika

Erika · Getting married on 06/03/2021

Michelle Lauren Photography is Spectacular!

Michelle and her crew photographed our engagement photoshoot as well as our two day wedding event. I am very light skinned and my husband is very dark and getting a photo of us together can be challenging. Every single photo we received from Michelle was amazing! She was organized and noticed the little things (applying chapstick when my lips were dry, removing a hair tie from my bridesmaids wrist, etc.). We couldn't have been more happy with our choice and highly recommend her services. We were so impressed we continue to use her for our business and will continue to seek her out for future photos.

Sent on 01/07/2020

Michelle Lauren Photography's reply:

Thanks for your awesome review! I loved photographing your wedding/s! I love what I do and when I get to work with amazing people like you and Steven, it makes my job be the best job in the world. Thanks again!! xo

Moncay · Married on 04/11/2020

Michelle Lauren was excellent

Michelle was recommended to us by the hotel staff, and I’m very pleased that we were able to book her last minute. She was amazingly good at putting everyone at ease and getting them to have genuine smiles. What was most incredible was that she managed to get many amazing shots of our toddler son, who is at a tough age following direction for a perfect shot. She was patient and made it playful for him and he was engaged. The images are beautiful. We can’t wait for the next shoot with her when we visit Santa Barbara again.

Sent on 12/16/2019

Michelle Lauren Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for your awesome review! Your family is so nice and your son is adorable and I can't wait to see you all again!!! xo

Melissa L Younce · Married on 04/11/2020

Best Photographer

Michelle Lauren Photography is the best! I've worked with Michelle on weddings, as a wedding planner, in the past and have always enjoyed the experience! Recently, we trusted her with our family photos and she captured the whole family perfectly. My 6 year old is very talkative and wanted to direct a good portion of the photo shoot. Michelle handled it all with style and grace and was never annoyed or put off. In fact, she welcomed his suggestions and kept him engaged and involved in the process. As a planner and a mom, she gets 5 starts. Thanks Michelle for capture our most amazing moments. Melissa

Sent on 12/30/2019

Michelle Lauren Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Melissa for taking the time to review my business! It was such a pleasure photographing your family and getting to know you all better. Your son is ADORABLE! XO
  • Arielle

Arielle Valencia · Married on 10/12/2019

Simply Amazing!

Michelle did an incredible job! My husband and I couldn't be any happier with our photos and she made us feel so comfortable and relaxed. So glad she was there to capture those magical moments for us!

Sent on 10/14/2019

Michelle Lauren Photography's reply:

Thank you Arielle for your review. I was so happy to be there with you both! You both are so obviously in love and it was magical for me to witness and capture it for you. xo
  • Briana

Briana · Married on 09/14/2019

You all will want to be friends with Michelle after she shoots your wedding.

Great photos!

If it is a photographer you seek, seek no more.

We were married in September 2019. Michelle Lauren was highly recommended by friends to us. The following was our experience working with Michelle.

Michelle consistently and promptly responded to any needs, questions or concerns we had and did so with absolute professionalism. Having worked well over 20 years in fields that require the absolute highest levels of integrity, trust and expertise, I can say with complete confidence that Michelle will provide exceptional service to you. At a time when so many vendors and businesses seem to have forgotten what the true definition of quality customer service is, Michelle is not one of them.

On the big day she was prepared and went about capturing images methodically which allowed her to utilize her time efficiently so we got the best photos possible in numerous locations.

Michelle knows what does and doesn’t work in her craft and she was completely open to suggestions and ideas but still direct enough to keep things moving so we could enjoy our day and evening with our guests.

I asked for a group photo of everyone in attendance. I think this was a bit of a curve ball for her but she made it happen and it came out great. Highly recommend this but give her a heads-up first haha.

In closing I want to say that so much of the day will fade over time but quality images by a skilled photographer will rekindle the magic and always let you remember how great it was.

My sincere and heartfelt thanks to Michelle for hard work and some really great photos of our special day.

Sent on 12/19/2019

Briana,

Thank you so much for your lovely review! I love doing what I do because of people like you and Darren. You both are amazing and I was lucky enough to capture your wedding day! Thank you thank you than you!!! xo

Michelle
  • Nallely

Nallely Ojeda · Married on 08/25/2019

Best photographer ever!

Michelle is truly an amazing photographer and a genuine person that her warm embrace made us feel so comfortable. She captured our engagement and wedding photos which turned out absolutely beautiful! Her attention to detail truly captured the special moments during the wedding.

Sent on 10/27/2019

Michelle Lauren Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Nallely! I loved being a part of this amazing time in your life and I am so happy for you and Tyler!! xo

Johanns · Married on 08/03/2019

Michelle is Amazing!

Michelle started out as a recommendation and quickly became an integral and important part of our wedding planning and process. Her easy-going nature, thoughtfulness and professionalism were invaluable as we maneuvered through the many moving pieces of our big event as well as the pre-wedding photos.

We loved her follow-up and timeliness, reminding us of deadlines and small details we wouldn't have thought about. She took time months before the event to get to know our personalities and desires for our wedding. She then creatively used these details in her artwork and delivered us a wonderful package of amazing photos that captured all the aspects we had wanted.

We don't plan on getting married again, but if we could - we'd not hesitate to invite Michelle to capture it all one more time!

Sent on 10/16/2019

Michelle Lauren Photography's reply:

Wow! Thank you for such an amazing and thoughtful review. You both are so sweet and lovely! Big hug!!

Bonnie Hope · Married on 05/10/2019

Such a gem!

My family and I LOVED working with Michelle, for our 3 generational photo session. She made it so easy and fun. The results were incredible! We now have photos that we'll cherish forever, and we feel so grateful for her creative eye and professionalism. Thanks, Michelle! You're the best! P.S.- Because I am a Wedding DJ, I also get to work with Michelle. Her work at weddings is always amazing! Grab her, while you can!

Sent on 12/07/2019

Michelle Lauren Photography's reply:

Bonnie! Thank you so much for the stellar review! It was such a pleasure photographing your family! The ladies in your family are 3 generations of grace, beauty and strength.
    P.S. If anybody grabs me for their wedding photography make sure you grab Bonnie too! She is amazing!!!

Louisa · Married on 10/06/2018

If you are looking for a wedding photographer, look no further- Michelle Lauren is the best

I spent a long time researching wedding photographers for my wedding and I could not be happier with the photos Michelle took of our big day. She was great at communicating with us, punctual, extremely professional but also very kind and personable which I appreciated a lot because I tend to tense up in front of cameras.

We received way more pictures than we thought we would and Michelle did such a phenomenal job of capturing the laughter, happiness and the love of our wedding in ways we never thought would be possible. Her pictures give us the ability to re-live our wedding day everytime we look at them for all the years to come which is the biggest gift a wedding photographer can give a bride and her groom and we want to thank Michelle for doing that for us.

If you are looking for a wedding photographer and are reading this, look no further- Michelle is the one you want.

Sent on 11/16/2018

Louisa and Rob,

Thank you so much for this amazing review. I am so so happy for you both!!!

Michelle xo

Molly · Married on 06/18/2018

Stunning photos, lovely personality!

Michelle is an incredibly talented photographer with a warm, inviting, & fun personality to boot! You will have zero regrets with Michelle's photography. Firstly, her photos are absolutely stunning. She has an eye for the right lighting, postures, configurations, etc. Every photo she took is truly gorgeous to the point where my biggest problem is having too many incredible photos. She is also wonderful at directing/cueing people for photos. She was clear and directive all the while being kind and funny. I especially appreciated her suggestions for poses that would be most flattering for me... a HUGE bonus! She captured fun things that I wouldn't have even thought of, and we are so glad for it (i.e., food, cupcakes, perfume, etc.). Our day was 1,000% more memorable with the lasting imprint of Michelle's amazing work, as well as our memories of her sweet, loving warmth she showed on us throughout the day. I cannot rave more about Michelle, and my 110% satisfaction. Please do not hesitate with Michelle, you will be as thrilled as we were...I guarantee it.

Sent on 11/24/2018

Molly and Matt!

Thank you so much for your lovely review, I really appreciate it. I loved photographing your wedding! You both are such a sweet couple and I want to say thank you for being so amazing!

-Michelle xo

• Marty

Marty · Married on 04/20/2018

Michelle Lauren far exceeded our expectations! Her professionalism, work ethic and attention to detail impressed everyone including our very recently married family member. He told us he was jealous of how organized and involved she was during the entire day compared to his wedding photographer.

She handled everything so professionally from the development of the proposal and pricing, the phone call to plan details since we were out-of-towners, and asking what we wanted and what we liked.
    She had a form for us to fill in ahead of time in order to plan out every formal photo with all of the different family and friend pairings we wanted but hadn’t really thought about. We were so appreciative because we’ve seen this be disorganized and disastrous at other weddings. It was seamless at ours!

Michelle was incredibly professional, very kind to our guests, overly accommodating, and even arrived early and left late to make sure every detail of our wedding was captured.
    Even when we were ready to prematurely move on to our reception she convinced us to soak in the moment and take 15 minutes for dozens of amazing couples photos around the ceremony location. We will never regret having done that because those photos are some of our favorites.

She was there to help us not miss great opportunities and made sure we were posing and looking our best.

Perhaps everyone says this, but our wedding photos are the best we’ve ever seen! Michelle really impressed us from start to finish. Hire her! Shout out to our wedding planner, Shawna Andrade from Dulce Dia Events, for recommending the best possible photographer for our wedding.

Sent on 06/23/2018

Genevieve · Married on 01/14/2018

Michelle made our engagement day so incredibly special and memorable! She took the time to scout out the site ahead of time to ensure she found the best possible spot to capture the moment. I generally don't feel super comfortable in front of the camera, but she was able to put us both at ease and guide us through the experience. It was more enjoyable than I thought possible. And now when I look through those photos, I am immediately transported back to that day. Thank you, Michelle, for your professionalism and ease!

Sent on 02/12/2018

Michelle Lauren Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Genevieve! It was so special to be part of your proposal plan! You and Autumn are an amazing couple and I loved photographing you both!! Congratulations again!!

Richa · Married on 12/29/2017

Michelle made my special day better than I could have ever imagined. She captured all the best moments and now every time I look through the photos I relive the whole thing all over again. Michelle is an absolute pleasure as a person and everyone in the family absolutely loved her. Couldn't have asked for anyone better.

Sent on 01/18/2018

Michelle Lauren Photography's reply:

Richa! Thank you for taking the time to write a review for me! Your wedding was so fun and special! It was a crazy time with all that was happening here in Santa Barbara and you were so calm and just went with the flow. You and Doug are so gracious and so perfect together! Thank you for everything!!! xo

susan · Married on 12/15/2017

I am the kind of person who does not like having my picture taken and I am never happy with what I see when I do...We had michelle come to our home to take a family picture and every picture was so pleasing that it was hard to narrow it down...michelle even had creative ideas to capture our family dog baylee ...she made it very relaxing and we found the experieince to be very enjoyable as she was so professional ,but still friendly and able to put us at ease....I am proud of our family pictures as she captured our personalities ...she is a gifted photography....highly recommend...the tarlow family

Sent on 02/18/2017

Michelle Lauren Photography's reply:

Susan! I loved photographing your family and Baylee is so so cute! I look forward to our next photoshoot!!!

Diana · Married on 11/11/2017

I honestly do not even know where to begin with how awesome Michelle is. Of course her photography skills are out of this world, but it's the person behind the camera where we really felt we hit the jackpot. Not only is she professional & organized, but also personable with such a positive, happy spirit. She shot our engagement & wedding photos & we could not believe how incredible they turned out & how quickly she got them back to us (took a week to get our engagement photos back & a month to get our wedding photos) . She was a huge part of why our day was so special. She fit right in with us & ALL of my family & friends. They are still talking about how great she is & so are we! And we have the most amazing photos that perfectly captured our wedding day. Michelle, thank you so much for everything. We love you.

Sent on 02/20/2018

Diana and Morgan!

Thank you for your stellar review! I appreciate it so very much! You both are so amazing and I was fortunate and blessed to be able to capture your special day with your family and friends. People like you make my job the best job in the world! Thank you again!!! Love you guys!

Alanna · Married on 09/02/2017

Michelle is an AMAZING photographer!! Hiring her for a full 6 hours was one of the smartest choices we made in planning our wedding. Of course, the photos are gorgeous. They so powerfully capture the nuances of magic and beauty of our special day. She explored the location of our wedding prior to the wedding day. Not only did she take gorgeous photos, she visited each of us separately to help calm our nerves minutes before the ceremony started. After the ceremony, she gave us electrolyte and bottles of water (it was a hot day under the sun!) and was mindful and catered to our needs as the day progressed. She is patient yet commanding with large groups. We highly recommend her!
    -Alanna and Anita

Sent on 10/08/2017

Alanna and Anita,

Thank you for such a great review! I loved photographing your wedding! Both of your families and friends were so wonderful! You both were such a pleasure and I loved seeing the love and joy you both share for one another! Best to you both!!! xo

sumika · Married on 08/26/2017

Michelle is absolutely the best! As someone who isn’t particularly comfortable in front of a camera or having displays of affection out in the open for everyone to see; I was not really looking forward to wedding photos. We met with Michelle at our location to scout out the best places to take our first look photos and she assisted us in selecting the location for the ceremony to best utilize the lighting and background for our photos. Her knowledge and professionalism instantly made us feel at ease. The day of went off without a hitch; Michelle even managed to keep on schedule when I began to run behind getting ready! Our wedding photos turned out better than we ever could have imagined and we would highly recommend Michelle Lauren to anyone looking for a photographer.

Sent on 10/29/2017

Sumika,

Thank you for taking the time to write such an amazing review for me! You and Sean were so amazing on your wedding day! You both have such fun personalities and made the day extra fun. I loved photographing your wedding and I can't wait for our next shoot!!

juan · Married on 06/10/2017

Michelle did our wedding and we loved all the pictures.

Sent on 10/01/2017

Michelle Lauren Photography's reply:

Thanks Juan for writing a review! I loved your wedding up in Los Olivos! You both have such amazing family and friends! Congratulations to you both!!

Nancy · Married on 10/04/2016

Michelle is the most talented photographer! She has done many business and personal photos for us and always delivers exceptional shots with a great sense for lighting, capturing the moment and bringing out the best features of everyone...we couldn't recommend her higher.

Sent on 06/22/2017

Nancy,

Thank you for your review! It is always a pleasure photographing you and your family! Your fun personality always makes it a joy to be around you!! Not to mention those amazing blue eyes of yours!!!

Katie · Married on 08/14/2016

We've used Michelle many times now with family members as young as 8 days and as old as 95 years. She always manages to put everyone at ease so our pictures convey the relaxed, natural smiles we would hope to have in a professional photography session. She is incredibly adaptable, affordable and most importantly, amazing behind the camera. She also got our pictures to us incredibly quick which was much appreciated. She's become our go-to for documenting any and all family milestones!

Sent on 02/22/2017

Katie,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review for me! I have loved photographing your family throughout the years. It's been my pleasure to watch your family evolve and grow and grow! I look forward to many more years with your all!!! xoxoxoxoxoxo

Renata · Married on 09/24/2015

Michelle has been our family photographer for 5 years. We were so fortunate to have found her to take our wedding photos and now she's our go to photographer for all our special family events. She has captured some priceless moments and makes everyone in our family comfortable. We highly recommend her! ~Felix Family

Sent on 03/07/2017

Sean · Married on 09/20/2014

Michelle is the total package. You get a friendly person with some serious camera skills. She was extremely professional and helped me plan the ultimate surprise for my girlfriend at the time. I told her what I wanted to do and she orchestrated the most romantic proposal I could have imagined.. and got captured it all with breathtaking pictures and even filmed it too!! Michelle is no doubt the real deal in Santa Barbara area!

Sent on 03/05/2017

Lesley · Married on 09/06/2014

You have probably have or will spend hours navigating websites of several if not dozens of photographers in and around Santa Barbara. If you take my advice, It will save you much angst and time - stop - hire Michelle. Think as if this is your best friend telling you that you must see a certain movie or go out to a new restaurant they just discovered. She is that good. You want someone who makes you feel comfortable in front of the camera - that is Michelle. You want someone who not only gets the expected shots but the wow shots - that is Michelle. You want a photographer who is easy to work with - that is Michelle. All of this is to say you want a professional - a real professional - that is Michelle.

Sent on 02/23/2017

I would recommend using Michelle Lauren Photography for your wedding day. I hired Michelle Lauren Photography for my wedding photographer and they did an excellent job! She was very professional and extremely helpful. She coordinated pictures with the bridal party and families as well as captured wonderful moment’s through-out the entire day. The pictures were absolutely beautiful. Relatives who wanted pictures were able to go on her website and order pictures from our wedding which was also a wonderful service. I had three relatives who did this and each one called me separately to tell me how impressed they were with her service. They were amazed at how fast they received their order. I am so happy we choose Michele Lauren Photography, they made our day that much more special for us and we have beautiful pictures to prove it.

Sent on 04/12/2017