Michael Stephens Photography Reviews

66 Michael Stephens Photography Reviews
  • Victoria

Victoria · Married on 10/07/2018

The Best of The Best

We could not be happier with Michael. We shared a few peeks at his camera the day of our wedding but we had no idea what he had actually captured until we saw the images. Moments in time. He's so adept at capturing that look, that glimpse, that smile. Every person who has commented on our photos remarks about the obvious love that shines through in each picture. Michael captured that and that's what a good photographer does!!!

Michael Stephens Photography 1
    Michael Stephens Photography 7
    Michael Stephens Photography 8

Roland · Married on 09/29/2018

The Ideal Photographer!

We were so grateful to have Michael Stephens document our special day! His 5 star ratings on the Knot, Wedding Wire and Yelp prove that many others feel the same way.

Our first thought is that Michael is SO KIND, calm, patient, and professional. He was instantly like a friend that we wanted around! He has a great sense of humor that makes you feel at ease from the second he walks in, yet he still manages the shoot. This results in beautiful and creative pictues that perfectly document those special moments.

Michael was very respectful of our wedding day timeline and knew that we wanted to hang with our guests. He accomplished all the specific shots that we wanted and captured many more that we hadn't even thought about. He captured shots while blending into the background and we even forgot he was around since he wasn't too much in our face which made for very natural yet incredible shots. To our surprise, we received a preview within two days that just stole our hearts. The pictures were so crisp and creative and completely captured the emotions of the day. Whenever we share our pictures, others can't help but say how beautiful our photos are!

We look forward to using Michael for future opportunities. In the meantime, so many others have asked for his info for their own events. The photographer is THE key documenter of the day. We couldn't be any happier with how he has forever captured our special moments.

• F

Faith · Married on 09/01/2018

Michael Stephens is worth his weight in gold!

Michael was flexible, gentlemanly and a visionary. Truly he made my day easy and fun. I would never recommend anyone else! Also, he is super funny and got genuine smiles from everyone in each picture.

Vinh · Married on 06/30/2018

Michael is awesome!!! He was easily our best vendor to work with for our wedding. The planning process can get quite stressful and he made the photography aspect extremely smooth for us, from the beginning until the very end. On our wedding day, he was professional, made us feel very comfortable, and was super funny the whole time. Many of our friends said great things about him prior to even seeing the pictures. We had a traditional Catholic mass and an outdoor backyard reception, and he found great photo opportunities for us to have amazing pictures. He was able to capture our emotions and style perfectly. We got a chance to relive our special day through these gorgeous photos and we will forever treasure these. I highly recommend Michael!

• User6971798 · Recently married

I first met Michael at a bridal expo in my area and I knew right away that he would be a perfect fit for us. When I first mentioned Mike to my fiancé, he was a little hesitant… then we agreed to book Michael for engagement photos… we had such a wonderful time! The day was filled with laughter and it felt so natural, so much so that for weeks we couldn’t stop talking about how much fun we had. We were so sure about the session at the end of it that we were already set on requesting his services again for our wedding. We just recently received our photos back and they came out AMAZING!! We both feel so very fortunate to have met him and we can’t wait to work with him again.

Jamie · Married on 10/14/2017

Admit it – you’ve spend hours – no, weeks, browsing Pinterest for wedding décor and photo inspiration. You’ve definitely second guessed DIY-ing 80 potted plant escort cards. And you’ve wondered whether it’s possible for your wedding photos to really look THAT GOOD. Well, he can’t help you with all of your impossible wedding DIY’s, but Mike will most definitely deliver wedding photos that are THAT GOOD – no, BETTER!
    In all seriousness, Mike was a pleasure to work with and the photos he delivered after our engagement shoot (at Disneyland!) and after our wedding were phenomenal. I am on cloud 9. He edited every photo to perfection and I love that he gave us a few black and white photos too. He definitely knows the right way to present an image.
    I also have to give props to his assistant that day. I think her name was Hannah. Very friendly and professional and I felt comfortable with her right away.
    Mike was very helpful in developing a day-of timeline. When I gave him my timeline he wasn’t shy about saying he needed more time before the wedding for bridal party photos. We were able to move up hair and make-up and fit in an extra hour or so for photos. This is the kind of thing you don’t know as a bride and your vendors should tell you, and I’m so glad he did.
    I will mention that it did take a little longer than “usual” for us to get our photos, which I don’t think is the norm for Mike. We had all the major holidays come up right after our October wedding, which may have been a factor. I know Mike also had some technical difficulties. Fortunately he is a true professional that has backups!! As soon as he did deliver the images I could barely breath I was so excited. I knew 100% that I had hired the right guy!
    If it’s a priority for you to have the most beautiful wedding photos you will cherish for a lifetime, definitely invest in Mike. He won’t disappoint you.

Michael Stephens Photography 9
    Michael Stephens Photography 10

Audrey · Married on 09/30/2017

Michael Stephens is AMAZING. Our second shooter was Ashley Furtado and they make the best duo ever. The photos are absolutely stunning, my husband and I will cherish them for the rest of our lives.

His professionalism, "go-with-the-flow" attitude, and talent really sets him apart from other photographers. He made family portraits totally painless and the pictures turned out beautiful. He is so thoughtful, even making sure we were hydrated while taking pictures. Everybody loved him so much, my bridesmaid even hired him to do her pictures for her wedding!

The only drawback is that the photos did take longer than expected to come back to us, but it was well worth the wait. Make sure you book him fast! He is popular for a very good reason. Thank you so much Michael!!!

Samantha · Married on 09/09/2017

If you are reading reviews searching for a wedding photographer, your search is over! You will not go wrong with choosing Michael to capture your special day. It took me weeks to research photographers, and finally we chose Michael based on multiple friend referrals, his reviews online and his awesome portfolio. He is hands down the best on the central coast. He is not only a kind and patient human, but his photography skills are out of this world, and you will be thrilled with all of your photos - capturing all the details and best moments. Michael made my husband and I feel extremely comfortable throughout the entire process. He was also able to miraculously corral 9 groomsmen and 9 bridesmaids, and our huge family to get all our photos done on time. His second shooter was Ashley, who was also a dream to work with. Super sweet and takes amazing photos herself, so no matter what you are going to get amazing photos! Working with Michael and Ashley was so effortless and they really put your best interests at heart. I could go on writing how much we love Michael and love our photos, but honestly all you need to know is he is worth every penny, because at the end of the day all you want is someone who will blend in and capture your day beautifully. Michael did all of that and more. Thank you, Michael!

Sent on 12/26/2017

Michael Stephens Photography's reply:

Samantha, Thank you so much for choosing me to photograph your breathtaking wedding day. It was an honor. You and Eric are truly epic and awesome humans and I'm glad to know both of you! Congratulations to you both:)

Rae · Married on 08/13/2017

Michael was an absolute joy to work with! He was professional, kind, flexible, experienced, and made everyone including me, my husband, my bridesmaids and groomsmen, and everyone attending the wedding feel comfortable and cared for. He brought along Ashley as his second shooter and she was also so kind and made the perfect compliment to Michael's skills and gifting. Our photos turned out beautifully even though they had to work around less than favorable lighting conditions. Michael is definitely worth every penny he charges and then some. 10/10 would recommend!

Michael Stephens Photography 11
    Michael Stephens Photography 12

Lauren · Married on 08/05/2017

Michael was perfect. His great sense of humor made us calm and relaxed enough that all of our photos look true and real instead of posed. He was incredibly professional and I have heard nothing but amazing things about him from our guests. There is not a single thing I could say about his work or him that I might have wanted different, he is amazing. Michael spent so much time making sure that everything was perfect for us. I cannot recommend him enough! His photos are truly amazing and it is all pure talent, not photoshop. Professionalism, value, personality, and product, Michael is the best photographer in the central coast area of California if not the entire state. Every bride deserves to know that she is getting the most amazing photos of her special day like I did with Michael!

Gabriel · Married on 07/29/2017

My wife and I hired Michael for our wedding day and we cannot thank him enough! He and Ashley did such an amazing job the day of our wedding...kept things super lively and fun throughout the entire time. They both have a great eye and a keen sense of various photo opportunities. We had our wedding at The Cliffs Resort and the landscape was captured just perfectly thanks to Michael. We hired Michael and his team for pretty much the whole day and there wasn't an opportunity that was missed!
    We received our photos within a timely manner and all we can say is....wow! They turned out so great and looking at them truly brought us back to our wedding day. It also gave my wife and I an opportunity to see what we weren't able to see because we were busy or occupied with something else.

Many thanks to Michael and Ashley for capturing our wedding day - truly memorable!

Definitely would recommend!!

John · Married on 07/17/2017

Michael was amazing, all around. From his work ethic, professionalism, quality of work and final delivery, all were top-notch. Thank you again, you're 1 in a million!

Rosemary · Married on 06/10/2017

Mike is the best! Our wedding pictures are super beautiful nothing but good things to say about Mike, any concerns or questions we had he was super quick to answer! He made my husband and I very comfortable we normally don't like to be in the spotlight but he made us laugh and just made the whole photo shooting experience super AMAZING!!! I highly recommend him to any couple that's looking to have astonishingly beautiful pictures to have for a lifetime! We truly can't thank Mike enough for all the help and once again for all the stunning pictures!

Sydney · Married on 04/29/2017

I do not have enough great things to say about Michael Stephens Photography. We looked at many SLO area photographers online and chose Michael because we loved his style. From the moment we booked him, he was super professional and was easy to reach. He even sent us a nice card & Starbucks gift card via snail mail to thank us for choosing him prior to our wedding day. Closer to the time of the wedding, we had a nice convo with him on the phone to discuss some details since we were unable to meet him before our wedding day (out of town wedding).
    He and his assistant (second shooter), Ashley, were super professional and fun. Mike and Ashley's personalities put us at ease and made our photo sessions super fun. Mike's personality if the type that felt like we had known him our entire lives even though we'd just met. That's how comfortable he made us feel! It was SO much fun. We laughed, I twirled in my gown, and it was a super special time for me and my husband. My husband said Mike really calmed his nerves as I was creeping up behind him for our "first look". I honestly cannot imagine anyone else shooting our wedding after having him there.
    As for the photos....they turned out AMAZING!!!! His style is just perfect and exactly what we were looking for. He really surprised us when he pulled out a freaking DRONE for some awesome aerial shots. All of our friends and family have raved about the photos and he took a TON. Our entire experience with Mike was worth EVERY penny.
    You will not be disappointed if you choose him as your wedding photographer. Book him, FAST!! Oh, he was also able to set up his awesome photo booth for rent in our friends old air stream which made for an awesome & fun photo booth experience!! Super accommodating.

Sent on 07/08/2017

Michael Stephens Photography's reply:

Thank you! You are too kind:) Working for you and Pat was a blast and I was honored to be a part of documenting your amazing wedding day! - Mike

Alexandria · Married on 01/28/2017

Mike went above and beyond the call of duty when it comes to being a photographer. Not only did he capture beautiful moments on our day, but he helped out with so much more. Mike was fun, creative, and brought a much needed sense of 'calm' to the bride.

Alyse · Married on 10/15/2016

I have only wonderful things to say about Michael Stephens Photography. He perfectly captured our wedding day memories. In the days leading up to our wedding he listened to what our expectations were and answered all of our questions with a friendly reassuring confidence that was all we needed to know we picked the most awesome photographer. Our photos came out AMAZING and he and his second shooter made photographing our wedding fun and memorable. I honestly cannot thank him enough. He's also just a pretty cool person to get to know. Send him a message and give him a call... you'll see :)

Armando · Married on 09/03/2016

Michael is not your "cookie cutter" wedding photographer, he is unique and amazing! The visions he has for the pictures are top notch and come out great! He has a great way to make you feel comfortable when taking pictures, because lets be honest...it can get awkward at time :) . He goes out of his way to make you laugh and feel important. From the moment we saw his pictures we knew...this was the photographer for us! He will email and text you as you are planning your wedding to make sure you don't have any questions and he is also very responsive when you reach out to him.

The most important thing and what he did to perfection....he told a story with the pictures he took. Every single picture my wife and i had a conversation about...isn't that what you want? He made our day that much more special and i would recommend him to anyone!!

Gretzen · Married on 08/20/2016

If you are looking for a GREAT wedding photographer BOOK MICHAEL! Now! You will not regret it!

Michael is professional, super cool, calm and organized. Joey and I went to a bridal show at the Madonna Inn and Michael Stephens made an impression on us. His style of photographing weddings was just what we were looking for: photojournalistic. Also, we were looking for a photo booth, because who doesn’t like those!? So we booked Michael’s Beard Booth in addition to his photography services. He provided a cute album with all the photo booth pictures that were taken.

Michael knows and understands how crazy and stressful it is for the bride and groom on their wedding day and he was so helpful in keeping us calm and on schedule. He made us and our whole wedding party comfortable. He just does his work so effortlessly. We had numerous comments from our guests of how professional and great Michael was at our wedding.

When we received our wedding photos, we smiled, laughed, and teared up while looking through the digital album. Michael did an amazing job capturing our whole day, from our ceremony to the last second of the last song. He captured all the little details. He even posted a sneak peak of our wedding the day after!

Thank you Michael for the amazing photos which we can look back and share with our loved ones.

Michael · Married on 08/12/2016

Michael was an absolute pleasure to work with. He was professional, responsive and polite. His level of service is a model for others. Michael could have a second career teaching people who to interact with clients and potential clients. As for the quality of his work - OUTSTANDING. I mean, really super high-end quality work. His fee was very fair especially relative to the quality of work delivered. Wile we had x amount of time scheduled, he went over and didn't shave minutes or anything like that. You don't have to believe me - check out his website for yourself and you'll see first-and the spectacular quality of his work. We'll definitely try to use Michael again in the future when we need our portraits taken or even for a special event. I should also say we wanted to use one of these wedding pictures for our announcement and he went out of his way to provide us a few options in a couple of days. Thanks Michael for the great service, professionalism and wonderful pictures.

Taelor · Married on 07/23/2016

Michael was the perfect fit for our wedding! He made us feel extremely comfortable from the moment we met him. He was easy to work with, and always made us feel like we were the most important clients he had. To top it all off, we have the most beautiful wedding photos to look at for the rest of our lives!

Sent on 09/16/2016

Michael Stephens Photography's reply:

Thank you Taelor:) It was an honor!

Alexandria · Married on 07/16/2016

Michael was a wonderful photographer. We felt immediately at ease with him. He took our engagement photos at Avila Beach and our wedding photos at El Presidio de Santa Barbara. I would definitely recommend getting an engagement session so you can get used to the photoshoot process. Our photographs were beautiful and we will certainly treasure them for years. I cannot recommend him enough and would suggest him to any of my friends.

Sent on 09/19/2016

Michael Stephens Photography's reply:

Thank you Alexandria! I loved working with you and Chris:)

G · Married on 07/02/2016

Working with Michael was one of the best parts of our wedding! Easy going, friendly, will give honest answers, and of course, great photos. We were a silly bunch and he completely rolled with it :) . Really appreciated that he works with a second shooter (Melissa, she was also fantastic) which was especially nice to capture different angles during the first look.

He's great professionally, and at the same time someone we could imagine getting beers with. Very happy that we worked with him. I would reach out to him again for other events.

Leslie · Married on 06/18/2016

I would book in advance and definitely do an engagement session so you have a chance to meet Michael Stephens before the big day. Michael is such a professional, he makes having your picture taken easy and enjoyable whether or not you are a "picture person". After seeing our engagement photos, we couldn't wait for the wedding, and the pictures did not disappoint. I have so many incredible pictures, not just of my husband and me, but also of family and friends. Michael has mastered how to use light and unfiltered surroundings to create breathtaking pictures that look more like paintings and works of art versus typical wedding photos. He is truly talented with an impressive portfolio that speaks for itself. No gimmicks, no props - just Michael, the happy couple and a natural backdrop he brings to life. Seeing our pictures brought me right back to our wedding day (happy tears and all), and I am deeply grateful Michael was able to so beautifully capture these moments. I have nothing but sincere and heartfelt praise for all of his abilities. I would (and already have) recommended him to family, friends, coworkers, etc. And the best part, Michael's temperament is so easygoing and relaxing, you will feel like old friends right from the start.

Sent on 07/22/2016

Michael Stephens Photography's reply:

Thank you Leslie and Andy! It was my honor and privilege to photograph your wedding! I loved getting to know you both and am thankful for your friendship! Thank you for the most amazingly kind words:)

Katie · Married on 05/15/2016

Michael was our photographer for our wedding, and he did a fantastic job. We couldn't be happier with the outcome. He captured our day to it's entirety; everything from the moment we got ready to the moment we left the venue. We each spent the morning in opposite sides of the city, but he accommodated us with an excellent second shooter and didn't skip a beat, capturing both parties. He also did an wonderful job capturing the entire wedding party together of twenty! Beyond his photography skills, he is very professional and personable. He kept everything on schedule and in a kind manner. We felt at complete ease with him, which is something so important when it comes to a day as important as your wedding. It allowed us to be our true selves and our photos are not only stunning quality but also effortless because of it. We appreciate how many images Michael sent us, it is so nice to be able to look at everything and decide what is special to us instead of only getting a small number of photos. We have received countless compliments on Michael's photography of our big day. Would gladly recommend him for any shoot!

Sent on 07/01/2016

Michael Stephens Photography's reply:

Thank you Katie! You guys are the best:)