Michael Stephens Photography Reviews

Michael Stephens Photography 7
  • Susy

Susana Trujillo · Getting married on 10/05/2019

Just Hired

Just hired Michael Stephens, we met through the Central Coast Bridal expo. Very professional and great work examples, we cannot wait to work with Michael at our wedding.

Sent on 02/13/2019

Brittani Butcher · Married on 05/04/2019

Perfection

Michael is simply amazing. Not only does he photograph beautiful, but he’s funny and makes you feel so comfortable. My husband and I really enjoy Michaels company and his gorgeous work!

Sent on 05/11/2019
    Michael Stephens Photography 8
    Michael Stephens Photography 9
    Michael Stephens Photography 10
    Michael Stephens Photography 11
  • Andreya

Andreya · Married on 04/11/2019

Easy to work with and excellent pricing

We met Michael at a wedding expo and immediately his work and personality stood out in the crowd of other photographers. Both he and Ashley made my husband and I feel comfortable in front of the camera (which is no easy task). We could not be happier with the preview of the photos he has sent us. Definitely would recommend him to others!

Sent on 05/07/2019
    Michael Stephens Photography 12

Maria Hernandez · Married on 04/06/2019

He’s the best!

I am so grateful that my wedding planner suggested booking Michael as my wedding photographer. First he came to meet me as I was getting ready and I was immediately taken back by his calm and cool demeanor. His responsiveness, attentiveness, positivity, and calm attitude alone are worth his price. My wedding day was stress free largely in part to Mike being such a chill guy!

Now the quality of the photos are incredible, he captured the exact vibe my husband and I were going for. Mike made me look like a beautiful fairytale bohemian princess because he knew exactly how to capture it! He never made us feel rushed, and even did a great job getting everyone to smile and cooperate in our big family photos.
    I’m so so so grateful for Mike, and I highly recommend him!

Sent on 05/07/2019
    Michael Stephens Photography 13
    Michael Stephens Photography 14
  • Bart

Bart Mcintosh · Married on 12/01/2018

Amazing Experience and Beautiful Photos

Absolutely phenomenal experience. The pictures turned out beautifully. Mike was also very quick to respond to any questions we had leading up to the event, gave expert advice on how he'd recommend we do things but was also very accommodating if we wanted to do something differently. He's the best!

Sent on 12/11/2018
  • Victoria

Victoria · Married on 10/07/2018

The Best of The Best

We could not be happier with Michael. We shared a few peeks at his camera the day of our wedding but we had no idea what he had actually captured until we saw the images. Moments in time. He's so adept at capturing that look, that glimpse, that smile. Every person who has commented on our photos remarks about the obvious love that shines through in each picture. Michael captured that and that's what a good photographer does!!!

Sent on 10/29/2018
    Michael Stephens Photography 20
    Michael Stephens Photography 21
    Michael Stephens Photography 22

Sean & Lauren · Married on 10/06/2018

Michael did a great job!

Michael and his team are AWESOME! We couldn't be more pleased with our experience and his beautiful photos. My wife and I couldn't be happier with our wedding album. As a bonus, he is also exceptionally nice and easy to deal with - a big plus with large and crazy wedding parties!

Sent on 12/28/2018

Roland · Married on 09/29/2018

The Ideal Photographer!

We were so grateful to have Michael Stephens document our special day! His 5 star ratings on the Knot, Wedding Wire and Yelp prove that many others feel the same way.

Our first thought is that Michael is SO KIND, calm, patient, and professional. He was instantly like a friend that we wanted around! He has a great sense of humor that makes you feel at ease from the second he walks in, yet he still manages the shoot. This results in beautiful and creative pictues that perfectly document those special moments.

Michael was very respectful of our wedding day timeline and knew that we wanted to hang with our guests. He accomplished all the specific shots that we wanted and captured many more that we hadn't even thought about. He captured shots while blending into the background and we even forgot he was around since he wasn't too much in our face which made for very natural yet incredible shots. To our surprise, we received a preview within two days that just stole our hearts. The pictures were so crisp and creative and completely captured the emotions of the day. Whenever we share our pictures, others can't help but say how beautiful our photos are!

We look forward to using Michael for future opportunities. In the meantime, so many others have asked for his info for their own events. The photographer is THE key documenter of the day. We couldn't be any happier with how he has forever captured our special moments.

Sent on 11/04/2018
  • F

Faith · Married on 09/01/2018

Michael Stephens is worth his weight in gold!

Michael was flexible, gentlemanly and a visionary. Truly he made my day easy and fun. I would never recommend anyone else! Also, he is super funny and got genuine smiles from everyone in each picture.

Sent on 10/25/2018

Vinh · Married on 06/30/2018

Michael is awesome!!! He was easily our best vendor to work with for our wedding. The planning process can get quite stressful and he made the photography aspect extremely smooth for us, from the beginning until the very end. On our wedding day, he was professional, made us feel very comfortable, and was super funny the whole time. Many of our friends said great things about him prior to even seeing the pictures. We had a traditional Catholic mass and an outdoor backyard reception, and he found great photo opportunities for us to have amazing pictures. He was able to capture our emotions and style perfectly. We got a chance to relive our special day through these gorgeous photos and we will forever treasure these. I highly recommend Michael!

Sent on 08/07/2018
  • User6971798 · 1+ year ago

I first met Michael at a bridal expo in my area and I knew right away that he would be a perfect fit for us. When I first mentioned Mike to my fiancé, he was a little hesitant… then we agreed to book Michael for engagement photos… we had such a wonderful time! The day was filled with laughter and it felt so natural, so much so that for weeks we couldn’t stop talking about how much fun we had. We were so sure about the session at the end of it that we were already set on requesting his services again for our wedding. We just recently received our photos back and they came out AMAZING!! We both feel so very fortunate to have met him and we can’t wait to work with him again.

Sent on 03/28/2017

Jamie · Married on 10/14/2017

Admit it – you’ve spend hours – no, weeks, browsing Pinterest for wedding décor and photo inspiration. You’ve definitely second guessed DIY-ing 80 potted plant escort cards. And you’ve wondered whether it’s possible for your wedding photos to really look THAT GOOD. Well, he can’t help you with all of your impossible wedding DIY’s, but Mike will most definitely deliver wedding photos that are THAT GOOD – no, BETTER!
    In all seriousness, Mike was a pleasure to work with and the photos he delivered after our engagement shoot (at Disneyland!) and after our wedding were phenomenal. I am on cloud 9. He edited every photo to perfection and I love that he gave us a few black and white photos too. He definitely knows the right way to present an image.
    I also have to give props to his assistant that day. I think her name was Hannah. Very friendly and professional and I felt comfortable with her right away.
    Mike was very helpful in developing a day-of timeline. When I gave him my timeline he wasn’t shy about saying he needed more time before the wedding for bridal party photos. We were able to move up hair and make-up and fit in an extra hour or so for photos. This is the kind of thing you don’t know as a bride and your vendors should tell you, and I’m so glad he did.
    I will mention that it did take a little longer than “usual” for us to get our photos, which I don’t think is the norm for Mike. We had all the major holidays come up right after our October wedding, which may have been a factor. I know Mike also had some technical difficulties. Fortunately he is a true professional that has backups!! As soon as he did deliver the images I could barely breath I was so excited. I knew 100% that I had hired the right guy!
    If it’s a priority for you to have the most beautiful wedding photos you will cherish for a lifetime, definitely invest in Mike. He won’t disappoint you.

Sent on 01/23/2018
    Michael Stephens Photography 23
    Michael Stephens Photography 24

Audrey · Married on 09/30/2017

Michael Stephens is AMAZING. Our second shooter was Ashley Furtado and they make the best duo ever. The photos are absolutely stunning, my husband and I will cherish them for the rest of our lives.

His professionalism, "go-with-the-flow" attitude, and talent really sets him apart from other photographers. He made family portraits totally painless and the pictures turned out beautiful. He is so thoughtful, even making sure we were hydrated while taking pictures. Everybody loved him so much, my bridesmaid even hired him to do her pictures for her wedding!

The only drawback is that the photos did take longer than expected to come back to us, but it was well worth the wait. Make sure you book him fast! He is popular for a very good reason. Thank you so much Michael!!!

Sent on 02/06/2018

Samantha · Married on 09/09/2017

If you are reading reviews searching for a wedding photographer, your search is over! You will not go wrong with choosing Michael to capture your special day. It took me weeks to research photographers, and finally we chose Michael based on multiple friend referrals, his reviews online and his awesome portfolio. He is hands down the best on the central coast. He is not only a kind and patient human, but his photography skills are out of this world, and you will be thrilled with all of your photos - capturing all the details and best moments. Michael made my husband and I feel extremely comfortable throughout the entire process. He was also able to miraculously corral 9 groomsmen and 9 bridesmaids, and our huge family to get all our photos done on time. His second shooter was Ashley, who was also a dream to work with. Super sweet and takes amazing photos herself, so no matter what you are going to get amazing photos! Working with Michael and Ashley was so effortless and they really put your best interests at heart. I could go on writing how much we love Michael and love our photos, but honestly all you need to know is he is worth every penny, because at the end of the day all you want is someone who will blend in and capture your day beautifully. Michael did all of that and more. Thank you, Michael!

Sent on 12/26/2017

Michael Stephens Photography's reply:

Samantha, Thank you so much for choosing me to photograph your breathtaking wedding day. It was an honor. You and Eric are truly epic and awesome humans and I'm glad to know both of you! Congratulations to you both:)

Rae · Married on 08/13/2017

Michael was an absolute joy to work with! He was professional, kind, flexible, experienced, and made everyone including me, my husband, my bridesmaids and groomsmen, and everyone attending the wedding feel comfortable and cared for. He brought along Ashley as his second shooter and she was also so kind and made the perfect compliment to Michael's skills and gifting. Our photos turned out beautifully even though they had to work around less than favorable lighting conditions. Michael is definitely worth every penny he charges and then some. 10/10 would recommend!

Sent on 11/26/2017
    Michael Stephens Photography 25
    Michael Stephens Photography 26

Lauren · Married on 08/05/2017

Michael was perfect. His great sense of humor made us calm and relaxed enough that all of our photos look true and real instead of posed. He was incredibly professional and I have heard nothing but amazing things about him from our guests. There is not a single thing I could say about his work or him that I might have wanted different, he is amazing. Michael spent so much time making sure that everything was perfect for us. I cannot recommend him enough! His photos are truly amazing and it is all pure talent, not photoshop. Professionalism, value, personality, and product, Michael is the best photographer in the central coast area of California if not the entire state. Every bride deserves to know that she is getting the most amazing photos of her special day like I did with Michael!

Sent on 08/08/2017

Gabriel · Married on 07/29/2017

My wife and I hired Michael for our wedding day and we cannot thank him enough! He and Ashley did such an amazing job the day of our wedding...kept things super lively and fun throughout the entire time. They both have a great eye and a keen sense of various photo opportunities. We had our wedding at The Cliffs Resort and the landscape was captured just perfectly thanks to Michael. We hired Michael and his team for pretty much the whole day and there wasn't an opportunity that was missed!
    We received our photos within a timely manner and all we can say is....wow! They turned out so great and looking at them truly brought us back to our wedding day. It also gave my wife and I an opportunity to see what we weren't able to see because we were busy or occupied with something else.

Many thanks to Michael and Ashley for capturing our wedding day - truly memorable!

Definitely would recommend!!

Sent on 11/05/2017

John · Married on 07/17/2017

Michael was amazing, all around. From his work ethic, professionalism, quality of work and final delivery, all were top-notch. Thank you again, you're 1 in a million!

Sent on 10/12/2017

Rosemary · Married on 06/10/2017

Mike is the best! Our wedding pictures are super beautiful nothing but good things to say about Mike, any concerns or questions we had he was super quick to answer! He made my husband and I very comfortable we normally don't like to be in the spotlight but he made us laugh and just made the whole photo shooting experience super AMAZING!!! I highly recommend him to any couple that's looking to have astonishingly beautiful pictures to have for a lifetime! We truly can't thank Mike enough for all the help and once again for all the stunning pictures!

Sent on 08/30/2017

Sydney · Married on 04/29/2017

I do not have enough great things to say about Michael Stephens Photography. We looked at many SLO area photographers online and chose Michael because we loved his style. From the moment we booked him, he was super professional and was easy to reach. He even sent us a nice card & Starbucks gift card via snail mail to thank us for choosing him prior to our wedding day. Closer to the time of the wedding, we had a nice convo with him on the phone to discuss some details since we were unable to meet him before our wedding day (out of town wedding).
    He and his assistant (second shooter), Ashley, were super professional and fun. Mike and Ashley's personalities put us at ease and made our photo sessions super fun. Mike's personality if the type that felt like we had known him our entire lives even though we'd just met. That's how comfortable he made us feel! It was SO much fun. We laughed, I twirled in my gown, and it was a super special time for me and my husband. My husband said Mike really calmed his nerves as I was creeping up behind him for our "first look". I honestly cannot imagine anyone else shooting our wedding after having him there.
    As for the photos....they turned out AMAZING!!!! His style is just perfect and exactly what we were looking for. He really surprised us when he pulled out a freaking DRONE for some awesome aerial shots. All of our friends and family have raved about the photos and he took a TON. Our entire experience with Mike was worth EVERY penny.
    You will not be disappointed if you choose him as your wedding photographer. Book him, FAST!! Oh, he was also able to set up his awesome photo booth for rent in our friends old air stream which made for an awesome & fun photo booth experience!! Super accommodating.

Sent on 07/08/2017

Michael Stephens Photography's reply:

Thank you! You are too kind:) Working for you and Pat was a blast and I was honored to be a part of documenting your amazing wedding day! - Mike

Alexandria · Married on 01/28/2017

Mike went above and beyond the call of duty when it comes to being a photographer. Not only did he capture beautiful moments on our day, but he helped out with so much more. Mike was fun, creative, and brought a much needed sense of 'calm' to the bride.

Sent on 04/05/2017

Alyse · Married on 10/15/2016

I have only wonderful things to say about Michael Stephens Photography. He perfectly captured our wedding day memories. In the days leading up to our wedding he listened to what our expectations were and answered all of our questions with a friendly reassuring confidence that was all we needed to know we picked the most awesome photographer. Our photos came out AMAZING and he and his second shooter made photographing our wedding fun and memorable. I honestly cannot thank him enough. He's also just a pretty cool person to get to know. Send him a message and give him a call... you'll see :)

Sent on 01/13/2017

Armando · Married on 09/03/2016

Michael is not your "cookie cutter" wedding photographer, he is unique and amazing! The visions he has for the pictures are top notch and come out great! He has a great way to make you feel comfortable when taking pictures, because lets be honest...it can get awkward at time :) . He goes out of his way to make you laugh and feel important. From the moment we saw his pictures we knew...this was the photographer for us! He will email and text you as you are planning your wedding to make sure you don't have any questions and he is also very responsive when you reach out to him.

The most important thing and what he did to perfection....he told a story with the pictures he took. Every single picture my wife and i had a conversation about...isn't that what you want? He made our day that much more special and i would recommend him to anyone!!

Sent on 11/22/2016

Gretzen · Married on 08/20/2016

If you are looking for a GREAT wedding photographer BOOK MICHAEL! Now! You will not regret it!

Michael is professional, super cool, calm and organized. Joey and I went to a bridal show at the Madonna Inn and Michael Stephens made an impression on us. His style of photographing weddings was just what we were looking for: photojournalistic. Also, we were looking for a photo booth, because who doesn’t like those!? So we booked Michael’s Beard Booth in addition to his photography services. He provided a cute album with all the photo booth pictures that were taken.

Michael knows and understands how crazy and stressful it is for the bride and groom on their wedding day and he was so helpful in keeping us calm and on schedule. He made us and our whole wedding party comfortable. He just does his work so effortlessly. We had numerous comments from our guests of how professional and great Michael was at our wedding.

When we received our wedding photos, we smiled, laughed, and teared up while looking through the digital album. Michael did an amazing job capturing our whole day, from our ceremony to the last second of the last song. He captured all the little details. He even posted a sneak peak of our wedding the day after!

Thank you Michael for the amazing photos which we can look back and share with our loved ones.

Sent on 01/08/2017