Michael Stephens Photography Reviews

Michael Stephens Photography 7
  • Susy

Susana Trujillo · Married on 10/05/2019

Just Hired

Just hired Michael Stephens, we met through the Central Coast Bridal expo. Very professional and great work examples, we cannot wait to work with Michael at our wedding.

Sent on 02/13/2019

Josh Estassi · Married on 09/27/2019

Michael is awesome. So fun to work with and really enjoy his job which makes things go very smoothly

I recommend him to anyone. He is awesome

Sent on 09/29/2019
    Michael Stephens Photography 8
    Michael Stephens Photography 9
    Michael Stephens Photography 10
    Michael Stephens Photography 11
    Michael Stephens Photography 12

Hannah Moore · Married on 09/27/2019

Great experience, couldn’t have gone better.

Michael was so professional and had such great humor which made everyone feel so comfortable while he was taking pictures, we felt as if we’ve known him for awhile. Oh and did I mention the photos he took are incredible! If we ever need photos in the future we will definitely be using him!

Sent on 09/30/2019
  • Lindsey

Lindsey · Married on 09/07/2019

He is amazing

I would recommend Michael to anyone who wants to work with a perfect photographer. He is attentive, personable, and everyone at the wedding loved him. His photos are amazing and vibrant and we could not be happier.

Sent on 09/10/2019
  • W

Wendy Cornwell · Married on 09/07/2019

Most Awesome Wedding Photography!!!!!!!

This photography was so fabulous!!!!!!!!!! The moments were captured in the most personal way!!!!!!
    You cannot go wrong if you choose this vendor!!!

Sent on 09/10/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda Madrigal · Married on 05/11/2019

Best experience ever!!!

We had the best experience working with Mike. He made taking pictures easy, relaxing, and so much fun. He knew what he was doing and what to say to capture our natural smile . Mike granted all of our wishes on any special pictures we wanted taken and even went further in capturing other special moments throughout the day. We received our pictures back and OMG!!!!! I cried at how stunning they were and can't stop looking at them. He has made it hard to pick a main one to go on our wall. Its no joke when they say the day will go by fast because it does. And Mike did such an amazing job catching pictures for us of our guests and venue. Thank you Mike. You were the best part of our wedding day and we love our pictures.

Sent on 08/19/2019
    Michael Stephens Photography 13

Brittani Butcher · Married on 05/04/2019

Perfection

Michael is simply amazing. Not only does he photograph beautiful, but he’s funny and makes you feel so comfortable. My husband and I really enjoy Michaels company and his gorgeous work!

Sent on 05/11/2019
    Michael Stephens Photography 14
    Michael Stephens Photography 15
    Michael Stephens Photography 16
    Michael Stephens Photography 17
  • Andreya

Andreya · Married on 04/11/2019

Easy to work with and excellent pricing

We met Michael at a wedding expo and immediately his work and personality stood out in the crowd of other photographers. Both he and Ashley made my husband and I feel comfortable in front of the camera (which is no easy task). We could not be happier with the preview of the photos he has sent us. Definitely would recommend him to others!

Sent on 05/07/2019
    Michael Stephens Photography 18

Maria Hernandez · Married on 04/06/2019

He’s the best!

I am so grateful that my wedding planner suggested booking Michael as my wedding photographer. First he came to meet me as I was getting ready and I was immediately taken back by his calm and cool demeanor. His responsiveness, attentiveness, positivity, and calm attitude alone are worth his price. My wedding day was stress free largely in part to Mike being such a chill guy!

Now the quality of the photos are incredible, he captured the exact vibe my husband and I were going for. Mike made me look like a beautiful fairytale bohemian princess because he knew exactly how to capture it! He never made us feel rushed, and even did a great job getting everyone to smile and cooperate in our big family photos.
    I’m so so so grateful for Mike, and I highly recommend him!

Sent on 05/07/2019
    Michael Stephens Photography 19
    Michael Stephens Photography 20
  • Kristina

Kristina Nobriga · Married on 02/08/2019

Michael's Energy Is Awesome, So Are His Photos!

Michael had captured a gender reveal for a friend, and so I'd always kept that in the back of my mind because it was such a unique and cool way to document the milestone moment. However, I knew it was going to be tough to book Michael for a gender reveal in the middle of a busy wedding season, but he went out of his way to make the only evening we overlapped with availability work. It was such a last minute plan, and the sun was setting fast, but thanks to Michael's knowledge of the area, can-do attitude, and positive energy, we were able to capture such special images we're going to treasure forever, and it was so important to me that I got to see the look on my husband's face when we both found out we were having a Baby Boy. I loev that we had Michael there to capture that moment for both of us and make it feels so intimate at the same time. Michael was the first to know if it was a boy, and he made the who experience one to remember. We had a blast that evening working with him, and his commitment to getting us the edited images and video fast was AMAZING. He worked on them between his weddings and we were blown away by his generosity to include so many images for us. I can't wait to make a special book to share the story with our little one someday. I can't recommend Michael enough. Book him TODAY!

Sent on 10/16/2019
  • Bart

Bart Mcintosh · Married on 12/01/2018

Amazing Experience and Beautiful Photos

Absolutely phenomenal experience. The pictures turned out beautifully. Mike was also very quick to respond to any questions we had leading up to the event, gave expert advice on how he'd recommend we do things but was also very accommodating if we wanted to do something differently. He's the best!

Sent on 12/11/2018
  • Victoria

Victoria · Married on 10/07/2018

The Best of The Best

We could not be happier with Michael. We shared a few peeks at his camera the day of our wedding but we had no idea what he had actually captured until we saw the images. Moments in time. He's so adept at capturing that look, that glimpse, that smile. Every person who has commented on our photos remarks about the obvious love that shines through in each picture. Michael captured that and that's what a good photographer does!!!

Sent on 10/29/2018
    Michael Stephens Photography 26
    Michael Stephens Photography 27
    Michael Stephens Photography 28

Sean & Lauren · Married on 10/06/2018

Michael did a great job!

Michael and his team are AWESOME! We couldn't be more pleased with our experience and his beautiful photos. My wife and I couldn't be happier with our wedding album. As a bonus, he is also exceptionally nice and easy to deal with - a big plus with large and crazy wedding parties!

Sent on 12/28/2018

Roland · Married on 09/29/2018

The Ideal Photographer!

We were so grateful to have Michael Stephens document our special day! His 5 star ratings on the Knot, Wedding Wire and Yelp prove that many others feel the same way.

Our first thought is that Michael is SO KIND, calm, patient, and professional. He was instantly like a friend that we wanted around! He has a great sense of humor that makes you feel at ease from the second he walks in, yet he still manages the shoot. This results in beautiful and creative pictues that perfectly document those special moments.

Michael was very respectful of our wedding day timeline and knew that we wanted to hang with our guests. He accomplished all the specific shots that we wanted and captured many more that we hadn't even thought about. He captured shots while blending into the background and we even forgot he was around since he wasn't too much in our face which made for very natural yet incredible shots. To our surprise, we received a preview within two days that just stole our hearts. The pictures were so crisp and creative and completely captured the emotions of the day. Whenever we share our pictures, others can't help but say how beautiful our photos are!

We look forward to using Michael for future opportunities. In the meantime, so many others have asked for his info for their own events. The photographer is THE key documenter of the day. We couldn't be any happier with how he has forever captured our special moments.

Sent on 11/04/2018
  • F

Faith · Married on 09/01/2018

Michael Stephens is worth his weight in gold!

Michael was flexible, gentlemanly and a visionary. Truly he made my day easy and fun. I would never recommend anyone else! Also, he is super funny and got genuine smiles from everyone in each picture.

Sent on 10/25/2018

Vinh · Married on 06/30/2018

Michael is awesome!!! He was easily our best vendor to work with for our wedding. The planning process can get quite stressful and he made the photography aspect extremely smooth for us, from the beginning until the very end. On our wedding day, he was professional, made us feel very comfortable, and was super funny the whole time. Many of our friends said great things about him prior to even seeing the pictures. We had a traditional Catholic mass and an outdoor backyard reception, and he found great photo opportunities for us to have amazing pictures. He was able to capture our emotions and style perfectly. We got a chance to relive our special day through these gorgeous photos and we will forever treasure these. I highly recommend Michael!

Sent on 08/07/2018
  • User6971798 · 1+ year ago

I first met Michael at a bridal expo in my area and I knew right away that he would be a perfect fit for us. When I first mentioned Mike to my fiancé, he was a little hesitant… then we agreed to book Michael for engagement photos… we had such a wonderful time! The day was filled with laughter and it felt so natural, so much so that for weeks we couldn’t stop talking about how much fun we had. We were so sure about the session at the end of it that we were already set on requesting his services again for our wedding. We just recently received our photos back and they came out AMAZING!! We both feel so very fortunate to have met him and we can’t wait to work with him again.

Sent on 03/28/2017

Kristy · Married on 12/20/2017

I love Mikes work! All his photographs are beautiful and creative. He kept the whole bridal party laughing all night. He was very flexible with his time. I could not have asked for a better wedding photographer. Not only did he make our photos beautiful, but he made me super comfortable getting my photos taken. You will want Mike to be your new friend!

Sent on 07/27/2017

Jamie · Married on 10/14/2017

Admit it – you’ve spend hours – no, weeks, browsing Pinterest for wedding décor and photo inspiration. You’ve definitely second guessed DIY-ing 80 potted plant escort cards. And you’ve wondered whether it’s possible for your wedding photos to really look THAT GOOD. Well, he can’t help you with all of your impossible wedding DIY’s, but Mike will most definitely deliver wedding photos that are THAT GOOD – no, BETTER!
    In all seriousness, Mike was a pleasure to work with and the photos he delivered after our engagement shoot (at Disneyland!) and after our wedding were phenomenal. I am on cloud 9. He edited every photo to perfection and I love that he gave us a few black and white photos too. He definitely knows the right way to present an image.
    I also have to give props to his assistant that day. I think her name was Hannah. Very friendly and professional and I felt comfortable with her right away.
    Mike was very helpful in developing a day-of timeline. When I gave him my timeline he wasn’t shy about saying he needed more time before the wedding for bridal party photos. We were able to move up hair and make-up and fit in an extra hour or so for photos. This is the kind of thing you don’t know as a bride and your vendors should tell you, and I’m so glad he did.
    I will mention that it did take a little longer than “usual” for us to get our photos, which I don’t think is the norm for Mike. We had all the major holidays come up right after our October wedding, which may have been a factor. I know Mike also had some technical difficulties. Fortunately he is a true professional that has backups!! As soon as he did deliver the images I could barely breath I was so excited. I knew 100% that I had hired the right guy!
    If it’s a priority for you to have the most beautiful wedding photos you will cherish for a lifetime, definitely invest in Mike. He won’t disappoint you.

Sent on 01/23/2018
    Michael Stephens Photography 29
    Michael Stephens Photography 30

Audrey · Married on 09/30/2017

Michael Stephens is AMAZING. Our second shooter was Ashley Furtado and they make the best duo ever. The photos are absolutely stunning, my husband and I will cherish them for the rest of our lives.

His professionalism, "go-with-the-flow" attitude, and talent really sets him apart from other photographers. He made family portraits totally painless and the pictures turned out beautiful. He is so thoughtful, even making sure we were hydrated while taking pictures. Everybody loved him so much, my bridesmaid even hired him to do her pictures for her wedding!

The only drawback is that the photos did take longer than expected to come back to us, but it was well worth the wait. Make sure you book him fast! He is popular for a very good reason. Thank you so much Michael!!!

Sent on 02/06/2018

Samantha · Married on 09/09/2017

If you are reading reviews searching for a wedding photographer, your search is over! You will not go wrong with choosing Michael to capture your special day. It took me weeks to research photographers, and finally we chose Michael based on multiple friend referrals, his reviews online and his awesome portfolio. He is hands down the best on the central coast. He is not only a kind and patient human, but his photography skills are out of this world, and you will be thrilled with all of your photos - capturing all the details and best moments. Michael made my husband and I feel extremely comfortable throughout the entire process. He was also able to miraculously corral 9 groomsmen and 9 bridesmaids, and our huge family to get all our photos done on time. His second shooter was Ashley, who was also a dream to work with. Super sweet and takes amazing photos herself, so no matter what you are going to get amazing photos! Working with Michael and Ashley was so effortless and they really put your best interests at heart. I could go on writing how much we love Michael and love our photos, but honestly all you need to know is he is worth every penny, because at the end of the day all you want is someone who will blend in and capture your day beautifully. Michael did all of that and more. Thank you, Michael!

Sent on 12/26/2017

Michael Stephens Photography's reply:

Samantha, Thank you so much for choosing me to photograph your breathtaking wedding day. It was an honor. You and Eric are truly epic and awesome humans and I'm glad to know both of you! Congratulations to you both:)

Rae · Married on 08/13/2017

Michael was an absolute joy to work with! He was professional, kind, flexible, experienced, and made everyone including me, my husband, my bridesmaids and groomsmen, and everyone attending the wedding feel comfortable and cared for. He brought along Ashley as his second shooter and she was also so kind and made the perfect compliment to Michael's skills and gifting. Our photos turned out beautifully even though they had to work around less than favorable lighting conditions. Michael is definitely worth every penny he charges and then some. 10/10 would recommend!

Sent on 11/26/2017
    Michael Stephens Photography 31
    Michael Stephens Photography 32

Lauren · Married on 08/05/2017

Michael was perfect. His great sense of humor made us calm and relaxed enough that all of our photos look true and real instead of posed. He was incredibly professional and I have heard nothing but amazing things about him from our guests. There is not a single thing I could say about his work or him that I might have wanted different, he is amazing. Michael spent so much time making sure that everything was perfect for us. I cannot recommend him enough! His photos are truly amazing and it is all pure talent, not photoshop. Professionalism, value, personality, and product, Michael is the best photographer in the central coast area of California if not the entire state. Every bride deserves to know that she is getting the most amazing photos of her special day like I did with Michael!

Sent on 08/08/2017

Gabriel · Married on 07/29/2017

My wife and I hired Michael for our wedding day and we cannot thank him enough! He and Ashley did such an amazing job the day of our wedding...kept things super lively and fun throughout the entire time. They both have a great eye and a keen sense of various photo opportunities. We had our wedding at The Cliffs Resort and the landscape was captured just perfectly thanks to Michael. We hired Michael and his team for pretty much the whole day and there wasn't an opportunity that was missed!
    We received our photos within a timely manner and all we can say is....wow! They turned out so great and looking at them truly brought us back to our wedding day. It also gave my wife and I an opportunity to see what we weren't able to see because we were busy or occupied with something else.

Many thanks to Michael and Ashley for capturing our wedding day - truly memorable!

Definitely would recommend!!

Sent on 11/05/2017

John · Married on 07/17/2017

Michael was amazing, all around. From his work ethic, professionalism, quality of work and final delivery, all were top-notch. Thank you again, you're 1 in a million!

Sent on 10/12/2017