Micah Cook Photography Reviews

8 | Dunn Loring, VA

8 Reviews for Micah Cook Photography

• Lukshmi

Lukshmi S. · Getting married on 01/04/2022

Amazing photographer with an eye for details who captures "the moment"

You know when a photographer "just gets" you? They sense the vibe you're going for and they execute it seamlessly and beautifully? This is Micah. My now-husband and I originally hired Micah for our dream Texas hill-country wedding, which was canceled due to Covid-19. We decided to get married in my parent's neighborhood anyways, and Micah drove from over 2 hours away to be our photographer.

Micah was able to capture the magic of our intimate ceremony and reception. Not only are the pictures visually stunning, but they exude so many vibrant emotions that take us back to that day whenever we look at them. We have shared them with friends and family who were unable to attend, and they tell us it’s as if they witnessed our union.

We gave Micah full creative direction from the get-go with a few requests for shots we wanted and they are perfect! There is not one thing he didn’t do that we wish he had, or vice versa. He is so on top of his game and captures the right moment, and the right time, perfectly.

We are having our Texas wedding in 2021 and Micah will 100% be our photographer!

Micah Cook Photography's reply:

This means the World to me! I truly enjoyed every moment and every picture I was able to capture! It wasn’t hard with such a sweet, good looking couple! Can not wait for Texas!
  • Erin

Erin S. · Married on 11/14/2020

Book Micah Now! Best decision we made for our wedding!

We had our original photographer cancel on us due to covid and boy am I happy she did. We found Micah through our friends who were using him for their wedding. He is an absolute gem! Everything was seemless with him and so much fun!! My husband never smiles for the camera and is a general grinch around them, but Micah was able to perk him right up and take some of the best photos of us, ever. I loved working with him on the day of and I love the results of the photos even more. We will be using him for all of our family moments to come!

Sent on 12/06/2020
  • Libi

Libi J. · Married on 10/10/2020

Cannot recommend Micah enough!

Our wedding photos turned out better than anything I ever expected and more! If you are ever I need of a photographer, reach out to Micah! He’s professional, hilarious, and has a fabulous eye! I cannot recommend him enough!!

Seriously though - if I could find a way to keep him around always, I would. I’m trying to find other random events and family gatherings I’ll need a photographer for, just so I can hire him again.

20/10 recommend.

Sent on 10/28/2020
  • Emily

Emily S. · Married on 08/02/2020

Engagement and Wedding Photos

Micah was the best photographer we could have asked for! He not only took our engagement photos, but also our wedding photos. He found a fantastic location for the engagement shoot, and had lots of ideas for different poses and action shots that turned out beautifully. When it came time to our wedding, COVID made us reschedule the date and location, and he was responsive, flexible, and supportive all the way. He showed up early, made a connection with everyone there, and took both posed and candid shots throughout the day of us and our guests. He does a great job editing, and brings out the beauty of the surroundings as well as the fun of the moment! We would highly recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 10/25/2020

Micah Cook Photography's reply:

I truly appreciate these kind words Emily! You and Scott had such a beautiful wedding and I had the honor of photographing it! I appreciate the opportunity and loved being a part of your day!
  • W

Will · Married on 07/04/2020

Incredible

Micah worked hard for us, he was very organized and yet able to be flexible with changing plans. We loved him and would highly recommend to anyone considering him.

Micah Cook Photography's reply:

It was such an honor to be part of your big day! I was able to capture some of my favorite images ever, showing your true love for each other! It was incredible to witness, and I am thrilled that you loved my work!

Molly S. · Married on 07/04/2020

4th of July Wedding

Micah was an answer to prayer!

Sent on 07/21/2020

Micah Cook Photography's reply:

Thank you for the sweet comment Molly! It was a pleasure to shoot your wedding! It was a beautiful day filled with so many moments I was happy to capture!
  • Lauren

Lauren G. · Married on 06/14/2020

Hire Micah!!!

Micah is a must to capture your special day. He was like a ghost but was right where you needed him when you needed him. He was fun and so easy to work with. Very professional and made sure to get names right of bridal party and even family. He always goes above and beyond and will not disappoint!!

Micah Cook Photography's reply:

You all made my first destination wedding 100% worth it! You all are so kind with your words and made my job so easy! Such a beautiful couple at a beautiful venue! I am so honored!
  • I

Iram P. · Married on 10/31/2019

An absolute godsend!

Micah shot our wedding in October 2019 and it was an absolute dream! He was so easy to work with and was very patient with us even as some timings ran ahead. He was very flexible and even kept reassuring my husband and I when we got a little frustrated with some last minute changes. His calm demeanour helped us relax! He was punctual and professional as well as being so personable that it just felt like we were taking wedding pictures with another friend present there. He allowed my husband and I to just be ourselves and enjoy being just married! And with someone like that, I can assure you your photos will turn out more relaxed and natural rather than stiff or overly posed. We would recommend Micah any day!

Sent on 07/24/2020

Micah Cook Photography's reply:

Iram, this means the world to me! I appreciate the opportunity to work you with you and your husband!

It was a beautiful weddings, and I am honored that I was the one to capture it!