Metro Elegance Artistry Group Reviews

1 User photo

Metro Elegance Artistry Group 1

Ashley · Married on 10/20/2018

So Happy with Metro!

I used Metro Elegance for my bridal hair and makeup, and had 6 of my bridal party also use them. Lauren and Callie arrived on time and were able to get us all done on time. Overall, we were all so happy with the hair and makeup and definitely recommend them. They were so sweet and funny and made sure we were all staying stress free the whole time. The only concern we had was the eye liner used. A few of us noticed black dots and lines under our eyes and on our cheeks before the wedding began and had to touch it up quickly. Regardless, we were very happy with how we looked.

Rachel · Married on 08/18/2018

Whitney was great, there were 6 of us and she was able to get everyone ready ahead of schedule. My makeup and hair stayed all night, even through the after party. I felt beautiful and loved my makeup and hair.

Jordan · Married on 08/05/2018

I had an amazing experience with Lauren and Whitney from Metro Elegance for my August, 2018 wedding. They were a pleasure to work with and it was clear that they take great pride in their work as they attended to every possible detail! Everything was organized and went according to plan from the hair/make-up trial to the actual wedding day. My bridal party was in love with their hair (done by Whitney) and make up (done by Lauren) and also told me how much they enjoyed talking with the team. As the bride, I received endless compliments on my hair and make-up, which was done by Whitney. I was particularly impressed with how long my hair and make-up stayed as it looked fresh and in tact all night long! Also, Lauren stayed for a bit after all of the hair and make-up was completed during our pre-ceremony photos to be on hand in case any hair and/or make-up touch-ups were needed. This was a huge comfort to me and I can't say enough how appreciative I am of Lauren and Whitney, overall! I highly recommend their services!

Paige · Married on 05/27/2018

LOVE LAUREN!!! This was our second wedding with Metro Elegance and we could not be happier! Lauren listened to my daughter and gave her the look she dreamed of. No pressure to do more than she wanted. Friendly & personable-she put everyone at ease with her positive attitude and the wedding party loved working with her! She showed up on time and stayed until everyone looked picture perfect! Highly recommend Metro Elegance!

Laura · Married on 04/14/2018

I couldn't be happier to have found Whitney and Lauren as my hair and makeup professionals for my April 14th wedding. They were absolute pros, and they made my girls and I look even better than I expected.

During my trial with Whitney, she really took the time to look at pictures I brought, and helped me pick the right look for me. For example, I was considering having my long hair pushed to the side, but she noted that the embellishments on my dress would catch to my hair and pull out the curls. I never even considered that!

Including me, they worked on 10 girls, both hair and makeup. The wedding was at 6, so they were working on us from 9 to 4. They worked straight through and never complained once. All of my girls have different hair and complexion, but that wasn't an issue for them at all. Everyone of them looked absolutely gorgeous.

Not only was their work amazing (seriously, hair and makeup held up all night and we closed the bar) but they were really fun. I was a neurotic bride at times and they really chilled me out too. They were all around really fun ladies to hang out with (and that's important on a stressful day). They were reasonably priced and I would recommend them hands down over every friends wedding I've gotten my hair and makeup done for.

Paula · Married on 09/23/2017

We had Whitney and Alexis do our hair and makeup and they make a fantastic team! There were ten of us in total, but Whitney and Alexis were amazing and super efficient. With so many of us, I was amazed that they were able to keep us on schedule, especially since I have really thick hair and I knew it would take slightly longer for my hair to be put up. But Whitney wasn't fazed at all. Not only did she do a great job with everyone's hair and makeup, but she made sure everyone was happy with their hair and makeup before she and Alexis left. I would highly recommend Metro Elegance, because they did a great job and have really reasonable rates.

Jessica · Married on 09/16/2017

What a wonderful experience I had with this team. Whitney and Lauren took the time to listen to what I wanted and really got me the look I was going for! My hair and make up stayed in place all day even through all the crazy dancing through the evening! Thanks for being part of the best day of my life!

Courtnie · Married on 09/08/2017

Lauren and her team at Metro Elegance were amazing!!! They were tasked with two brides at two separate locations and eleven bridesmaids! Lauren, Whitney, Ashley, and Callie laughed and joked with us the entire morning, making the entire process seamless and stress free. The girls made us look absolutely amazing on our big day and we cannot thank them enough. Using Metro Elegance was the best decision we could have made!

Tara · Married on 09/07/2017

Lauren did my make up for a big event my company was throwing at a hotel in downtown DC. I went to the studio she has in her home (which was super convenient) a few hours before the event and she worked quickly and diligently to get me looking party ready in no time. She is an expert with the air brush technique and my skin looked radiant and flawless. My make up looked fresh and not overly done up. I received a lot of compliments that night from colleagues on how fantastic I looked and will gladly refer any of them to Metro Elegance!

Anna · Married on 08/05/2017

Lauren and her crew were some of the ladies to work with for my wedding on August 5th! They were all so fun and accommodating to me as well as all of my bridesmaids. Callie did hair and Whittney did makeup and I was amazed with the results. I thought I looked the best I possibly could on my wedding day, and all of my brides were beyond pleased as well. Metro Elegance was easy and fantastic to work with! I will be recommending them to all of my friends.

Kerri · Married on 06/09/2017

In June I had the pleasure of using Metro Elegance for my wedding. I wanted simple and natural and Whitney delivered with my makeup and Callie with my hair! From my trial to the wedding day this team was prompt, professional and very supportive (brides can be a little nervous) Flawless is the only word that comes to mind. Since then everyone has told me that they have never seen a more beautiful bride! I owe that to Whitney, Callie and the team at Metro Elegance!

Callie · Married on 05/13/2017

I booked hair and makeup for mothers/sisters/grandmother of the grooms for my brother and his now husband's wedding. I reached out to several vendors and couldn't be more thrilled with my choice to go with Lauren and Metro Elegance. From the first email, Lauren made me feel at ease and promptly answered my million questions, no matter how small.
    The day of the wedding, we had Lauren and Whitney with us at the venue. They were both in constant contact with me via text, giving me updates on traffic and parking. They both worked seamlessly with our group, listening to everyone's thoughts on looks for the day and giving their expert opinions! Lauren and Whitney both worked together so efficiently and adapted to any schedule switch ups, as our group was constantly in and out of the hair and makeup room. Everyone was absolutely thrilled with their final hair and makeup looks for the day!
    I highly recommend working with both Lauren and Whitney, who felt more like friends by the end of the day. I hope I get the chance to work with them again!

Katie · Married on 05/12/2017

Lauren was extremely professional, helpful, attentive and calming during a day filled with lots of excitement and nerves; she goes above and beyond. She made my bridesmaids and I look absolutely stunning! I highly recommend Metro Elegance.

Metro Elegance Artistry Group 2

I loved my hair and make-up for my wedding day! Callie did an amazing job at the trial and even better on my big day. It was just what I asked for. My girls all looked great, too, and were so happy with their finished products. Whitney did make up and Callie did hair! Whitney and Callie were a pleasure to work with and were very personable and accommodating. Lauren, the owner, was very responsive via email and flexible with getting things arranged for me. The only thing I was disappointed with was that I was told to finish 8 girls (hair and make-up) we would have to start at 6:30am, but Callie and Whitney were done by 11am. I had arranged for my photographer and videographer to come at 12noon to capture some of us getting ready but we were already finished by the time they arrived so I didn't get any pictures of the glam process. I guess it is better to be early than late!! I would recommend Callie and Whitney to any bridal party looking for flawless hair and airbrushed makeup!

Metro Elegance and Whitney were great to work with! Very responsive to email. I waited until pretty close to my wedding date to figure out hair and makeup, and they were able to set up a trial, and provide makeup and hair for a less than three people for a Sunday wedding.

I loved how my hair and makeup turned out. At the trial, I thought I wanted an updo to have my hair out of my face, but realized I was more comfortable with a half updo. Whitney helped me try different versions, lip colors and eye makeup to figure out what I was comfortable with. As someone who normally is pretty low key with makeup and hair styling, but wanted to look beautiful and put together (but still feel like themselves) on their wedding day, I would highly recommend Metro Elegance!

Megan · Married on 05/14/2016

Lauren and Ashley are a top notch team! They are extremely talented at what they do! We started hair and makeup at 4am and they were prompt and ready to work! It was so great that they came to our house to get ready- it made the wedding day less stressful because of that! They are super friendly, knowledgeable, and just so fun to work with! And one of my bridesmaids ended up hiring them for her wedding a few months after mine, and the experience was just as amazing the second time! I would highly recommend Metro Elegance for any hair and makeup needs!!

Ginnie · Married on 04/09/2016

Metro Elegance was wonderful! Lauren and Brianna did an amazing job on my hair and makeup for my wedding! They made sure that they knew exactly what I wanted at the trial, and I couldn't be happier with the final product on the wedding day. Not only did they travel to us, but they also did the hair and makeup for our bridesmaids, moms, and the flower girls. They were so much fun and they kept all of us very relaxed on the morning of the wedding. I would fully recommend Metro Elegance for any wedding or large event.

The ladies at Metro Elegance are fantastic! I am so happy that I decided to hire them for my wedding day hair and makeup. Lauren and Whitney helped to make the planning process really easy at my pre wedding day trial. They were also super flexible when a few of my bridesmaids decided to add hair/makeup services so close to my wedding day. Whitney traveled over the Bay Bridge and came right to my hotel room where we were getting ready the morning of the wedding. She had everyone’s services done with time to spare and she even insisted on quickly running to the store for me to get a last minute item!! The price was very reasonable, the ladies are very professional and super fun, and Whitney made all of us look fabulous! I highly recommend Metro Elegance for wedding day hair and makeup. Thank you Metro Elegance, Whitney, and Lauren!

A fantastic experience from start to finish. Lauren and Ashley were both knowledgable and patient, with infinite patience for the needs of my bridal party. They took into account photos we provided them and helped make us all look stunning. I would choose them again in a heartbeat!

Laura · Married on 10/10/2015

I had an absolutely wonderful experience working with Metro Elegance for my wedding hair and makeup. I had a very small wedding party - I just had one bridesmaid. Even with such a small group to work on, Metro Elegance provided me with an amazing stylist at a great price.

More than anything, I was looking for a vendor that would was known for providing very natural hair and makeup services to brides. I very rarely wear makeup, even to work, so I needed an extremely natural look for the wedding day. Metro Elegance delivered. I looked like a slightly better version of myself on the day of my wedding and I was thrilled with the results.

Thank you to Callie and the entire team at Metro Elegance!

Madalyn · Married on 10/03/2015

Metro Elegance did a fabulous job on my hair and makeup for my wedding! I was very nervous since I never like how my hair or make up turns out whenever I get it done and after my trial I knew it would be great. My hair and make up looked flawless for the entire day, not needing touched up once! Lauren was so pleasant to work with and I had a blast with her on the morning of! My bridemaids alll looked stunning and LOVED how their hair and make up turned out!

Tara · Married on 09/27/2015

Lauren was great to work with leading up to my wedding- she was quick to respond to my emails and offer suggestions on how to make things run smoothly for the day of.
    On the morning of the wedding Lauren and her team arrived promptly at out hotel room and got to work immediately. Whitney did hair and make up services of a number of my bridesmaids and Brianna did hair and Lauren did make up. All 3 girls were very professional and very talented. They kept the atmosphere fun and upbeat and it felt like they were part of the wedding party. Me and my bridesmaids looked great! My skin has never looked so flawless and all the girls looked very natural and like themselves. No one looked overly made up or fake, just gorgeous and natural. Lauren, Brianna and Whitney brought out the best in all of us- thank you Metro Elegance!

These ladies are amazing! When I was a bridesmaid in a wedding last spring everyone looked so great that I asked them right then to do the hair and make-up for my wedding. They came to me for my trial when I was unable to make it to their offices and they came to my wedding party the day of. They really listen to what you are looking to have done and try to recreate the example images that you show them and adjust to your preference. If you aren't happy with the way something looks they will fix and they did touch ups closer to the ceremony to make sure we all still looked perfect after a long day of getting ready. They are fun, nice and easy to talk to- they fit right in with your group of women! I would highly recommend this company.

Lauren · Married on 07/04/2015

I really enjoyed working with Metro Elegance. They always responded to my emails quickly, and my trial was at my home, which is, well , super convenient. They arrived promptly ( both for the trial and the wedding itself), were super fun to chat with, and all 9 of us ( myself, my mom, our celebrant, and 6 bridesmaids) were transformed into extremely lovely versions of ourselves quickly and efficiently. My hair and makeup remained intact until I had to forcibly remove it! Which is exactly what you want when you happen to be getting married on the 4th of July! All of us looked like super great versions of ourselves - worth every penny :)