80 Reviews for Metro Elegance Artistry Group

On-Site Hair (1)
Wedding Party Makeup (1)
Makeup Trial (1)
80 Metro Elegance Artistry Group Reviews

I couldn't be happier to have found Whitney and Lauren as my hair and makeup professionals for my April 14th wedding. They were absolute pros, and they made my girls and I look even better than I expected.

During my trial with Whitney, she really took the time to look at pictures I brought, and helped me pick the right look for me. For example, I was considering having my long hair pushed to the side, but she noted that the embellishments on my dress would catch to my hair and pull out the curls. I never even considered that!

Including me, they worked on 10 girls, both hair and makeup. The wedding was at 6, so they were working on us from 9 to 4. They worked straight through and never complained once. All of my girls have different hair and complexion, but that wasn't an issue for them at all. Everyone of them looked absolutely gorgeous.

Not only was their work amazing (seriously, hair and makeup held up all night and we closed the bar) but they were really fun. I was a neurotic bride at times and they really chilled me out too. They were all around really fun ladies to hang out with (and that's important on a stressful day). They were reasonably priced and I would recommend them hands down over every friends wedding I've gotten my hair and makeup done for.

Profile Picture Laura, 4/14/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

We had Whitney and Alexis do our hair and makeup and they make a fantastic team! There were ten of us in total, but Whitney and Alexis were amazing and super efficient. With so many of us, I was amazed that they were able to keep us on schedule, especially since I have really thick hair and I knew it would take slightly longer for my hair to be put up. But Whitney wasn't fazed at all. Not only did she do a great job with everyone's hair and makeup, but she made sure everyone was happy with their hair and makeup before she and Alexis left. I would highly recommend Metro Elegance, because they did a great job and have really reasonable rates.

Profile Picture User7376709, Recently Married, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling, Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, Wedding Party Makeup

What a wonderful experience I had with this team. Whitney and Lauren took the time to listen to what I wanted and really got me the look I was going for! My hair and make up stayed in place all day even through all the crazy dancing through the evening! Thanks for being part of the best day of my life!

Profile Picture Jessica , 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Lauren and her team at Metro Elegance were amazing!!! They were tasked with two brides at two separate locations and eleven bridesmaids! Lauren, Whitney, Ashley, and Callie laughed and joked with us the entire morning, making the entire process seamless and stress free. The girls made us look absolutely amazing on our big day and we cannot thank them enough. Using Metro Elegance was the best decision we could have made!

Profile Picture Courtnie, 9/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Lauren did my make up for a big event my company was throwing at a hotel in downtown DC. I went to the studio she has in her home (which was super convenient) a few hours before the event and she worked quickly and diligently to get me looking party ready in no time. She is an expert with the air brush technique and my skin looked radiant and flawless. My make up looked fresh and not overly done up. I received a lot of compliments that night from colleagues on how fantastic I looked and will gladly refer any of them to Metro Elegance!

Profile Picture Tara, 9/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Lauren and her crew were some of the ladies to work with for my wedding on August 5th! They were all so fun and accommodating to me as well as all of my bridesmaids. Callie did hair and Whittney did makeup and I was amazed with the results. I thought I looked the best I possibly could on my wedding day, and all of my brides were beyond pleased as well. Metro Elegance was easy and fantastic to work with! I will be recommending them to all of my friends.

Profile Picture Anna, 8/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

In June I had the pleasure of using Metro Elegance for my wedding. I wanted simple and natural and Whitney delivered with my makeup and Callie with my hair! From my trial to the wedding day this team was prompt, professional and very supportive (brides can be a little nervous) Flawless is the only word that comes to mind. Since then everyone has told me that they have never seen a more beautiful bride! I owe that to Whitney, Callie and the team at Metro Elegance!

Profile Picture Kerri, 6/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I booked hair and makeup for mothers/sisters/grandmother of the grooms for my brother and his now husband's wedding. I reached out to several vendors and couldn't be more thrilled with my choice to go with Lauren and Metro Elegance. From the first email, Lauren made me feel at ease and promptly answered my million questions, no matter how small.
The day of the wedding, we had Lauren and Whitney with us at the venue. They were both in constant contact with me via text, giving me updates on traffic and parking. They both worked seamlessly with our group, listening to everyone's thoughts on looks for the day and giving their expert opinions! Lauren and Whitney both worked together so efficiently and adapted to any schedule switch ups, as our group was constantly in and out of the hair and makeup room. Everyone was absolutely thrilled with their final hair and makeup looks for the day!
I highly recommend working with both Lauren and Whitney, who felt more like friends by the end of the day. I hope I get the chance to work with them again!

Profile Picture Callie, 5/13/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Lauren was extremely professional, helpful, attentive and calming during a day filled with lots of excitement and nerves; she goes above and beyond. She made my bridesmaids and I look absolutely stunning! I highly recommend Metro Elegance.

Profile Picture Katie , 5/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Metro Elegance was AMAZING!! They brought my (and my bridesmaid’s) look together for my wedding. Being a redhead I don’t usually wear a ton of makeup, but she made my makeup look natural and gorgeous….plus it held up through hours of dancing! Thanks for making me beautiful!

Profile Picture carolyn, 10/15/16, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes, Updos/Styling, Hair, Makeup

I loved my hair and make-up for my wedding day! Callie did an amazing job at the trial and even better on my big day. It was just what I asked for. My girls all looked great, too, and were so happy with their finished products. Whitney did make up and Callie did hair! Whitney and Callie were a pleasure to work with and were very personable and accommodating. Lauren, the owner, was very responsive via email and flexible with getting things arranged for me. The only thing I was disappointed with was that I was told to finish 8 girls (hair and make-up) we would have to start at 6:30am, but Callie and Whitney were done by 11am. I had arranged for my photographer and videographer to come at 12noon to capture some of us getting ready but we were already finished by the time they arrived so I didn't get any pictures of the glam process. I guess it is better to be early than late!! I would recommend Callie and Whitney to any bridal party looking for flawless hair and airbrushed makeup!

Profile Picture Molly , 6/25/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Group Services, Hair, Licensed, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, Updos/Styling, Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes

Metro Elegance and Whitney were great to work with! Very responsive to email. I waited until pretty close to my wedding date to figure out hair and makeup, and they were able to set up a trial, and provide makeup and hair for a less than three people for a Sunday wedding.

I loved how my hair and makeup turned out. At the trial, I thought I wanted an updo to have my hair out of my face, but realized I was more comfortable with a half updo. Whitney helped me try different versions, lip colors and eye makeup to figure out what I was comfortable with. As someone who normally is pretty low key with makeup and hair styling, but wanted to look beautiful and put together (but still feel like themselves) on their wedding day, I would highly recommend Metro Elegance!

Profile Picture User4928328, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Hair, Makeup, Airbrush Makeup, Updos/Styling

Lauren and Ashley are a top notch team! They are extremely talented at what they do! We started hair and makeup at 4am and they were prompt and ready to work! It was so great that they came to our house to get ready- it made the wedding day less stressful because of that! They are super friendly, knowledgeable, and just so fun to work with! And one of my bridesmaids ended up hiring them for her wedding a few months after mine, and the experience was just as amazing the second time! I would highly recommend Metro Elegance for any hair and makeup needs!!

Profile Picture Megan, 5/14/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Metro Elegance was wonderful! Lauren and Brianna did an amazing job on my hair and makeup for my wedding! They made sure that they knew exactly what I wanted at the trial, and I couldn't be happier with the final product on the wedding day. Not only did they travel to us, but they also did the hair and makeup for our bridesmaids, moms, and the flower girls. They were so much fun and they kept all of us very relaxed on the morning of the wedding. I would fully recommend Metro Elegance for any wedding or large event.

Profile Picture Ginnie, 4/9/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

The ladies at Metro Elegance are fantastic! I am so happy that I decided to hire them for my wedding day hair and makeup. Lauren and Whitney helped to make the planning process really easy at my pre wedding day trial. They were also super flexible when a few of my bridesmaids decided to add hair/makeup services so close to my wedding day. Whitney traveled over the Bay Bridge and came right to my hotel room where we were getting ready the morning of the wedding. She had everyone’s services done with time to spare and she even insisted on quickly running to the store for me to get a last minute item!! The price was very reasonable, the ladies are very professional and super fun, and Whitney made all of us look fabulous! I highly recommend Metro Elegance for wedding day hair and makeup. Thank you Metro Elegance, Whitney, and Lauren!

Profile Picture Lora, 12/5/15, 11 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Updos/Styling, Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes

A fantastic experience from start to finish. Lauren and Ashley were both knowledgable and patient, with infinite patience for the needs of my bridal party. They took into account photos we provided them and helped make us all look stunning. I would choose them again in a heartbeat!

Profile Picture User6267160, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, Updos/Styling

I had an absolutely wonderful experience working with Metro Elegance for my wedding hair and makeup. I had a very small wedding party - I just had one bridesmaid. Even with such a small group to work on, Metro Elegance provided me with an amazing stylist at a great price.

More than anything, I was looking for a vendor that would was known for providing very natural hair and makeup services to brides. I very rarely wear makeup, even to work, so I needed an extremely natural look for the wedding day. Metro Elegance delivered. I looked like a slightly better version of myself on the day of my wedding and I was thrilled with the results.

Thank you to Callie and the entire team at Metro Elegance!

Profile Picture Laura, 10/10/15, 8 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Licensed, Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Updos/Styling, Airbrush Makeup

Metro Elegance did a fabulous job on my hair and makeup for my wedding! I was very nervous since I never like how my hair or make up turns out whenever I get it done and after my trial I knew it would be great. My hair and make up looked flawless for the entire day, not needing touched up once! Lauren was so pleasant to work with and I had a blast with her on the morning of! My bridemaids alll looked stunning and LOVED how their hair and make up turned out!

Profile Picture Madalyn, 10/3/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Lauren was great to work with leading up to my wedding- she was quick to respond to my emails and offer suggestions on how to make things run smoothly for the day of.
On the morning of the wedding Lauren and her team arrived promptly at out hotel room and got to work immediately. Whitney did hair and make up services of a number of my bridesmaids and Brianna did hair and Lauren did make up. All 3 girls were very professional and very talented. They kept the atmosphere fun and upbeat and it felt like they were part of the wedding party. Me and my bridesmaids looked great! My skin has never looked so flawless and all the girls looked very natural and like themselves. No one looked overly made up or fake, just gorgeous and natural. Lauren, Brianna and Whitney brought out the best in all of us- thank you Metro Elegance!

Profile Picture Tara, 9/27/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

These ladies are amazing! When I was a bridesmaid in a wedding last spring everyone looked so great that I asked them right then to do the hair and make-up for my wedding. They came to me for my trial when I was unable to make it to their offices and they came to my wedding party the day of. They really listen to what you are looking to have done and try to recreate the example images that you show them and adjust to your preference. If you aren't happy with the way something looks they will fix and they did touch ups closer to the ceremony to make sure we all still looked perfect after a long day of getting ready. They are fun, nice and easy to talk to- they fit right in with your group of women! I would highly recommend this company.

Profile Picture User5629345, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I really enjoyed working with Metro Elegance. They always responded to my emails quickly, and my trial was at my home, which is, well , super convenient. They arrived promptly ( both for the trial and the wedding itself), were super fun to chat with, and all 9 of us ( myself, my mom, our celebrant, and 6 bridesmaids) were transformed into extremely lovely versions of ourselves quickly and efficiently. My hair and makeup remained intact until I had to forcibly remove it! Which is exactly what you want when you happen to be getting married on the 4th of July! All of us looked like super great versions of ourselves - worth every penny :)

Profile Picture Lauren, 7/4/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Callie O'Hara did my hair on my wedding day and was ABSOLUTELY amazing!! She did such a great job with my hair on the trial- it was exactly what I wanted...and she did it again on my wedding day!! I could not have asked for anyone better to do my hair and all the bridesmaids!
Taylor Wiles did my makeup and was also wonderful!! She was so flexible, sociable and easy to work with. She absolutely did everything I asked as well as the bridesmaids. I would recommend both Taylor & Callie to anyone and everyone looking for amazing results on their big day, and they were both so fun to work with!!!

Profile Picture Laura, 6/27/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

The ladies at Metro Elegance are absolutely wonderful. I have had the pleasure of being their client 3 times! Twice as a bridesmaid and once as a bride!! Each time they have done gorgeous work. Not only is the hair and makeup top notch but they go above and beyond to make you feel comfortable and beautiful. An example of how amazing they are was during my hair and makeup trial. I had a vision of what I wanted to look like on my big day. I didn't quite like the initial hair style. I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings and when I told them I started to cry (I was feeling extra emotional and overwhelmed with everything going on lol). The girls took the hairstyle out and started again. They worked with me through the entire process and got it perfect the second time. They made me feel so at ease and assured me that it was my day and that my happiness was their utmost concern. On the day of the wedding, I can't begin to describe how beautiful I felt. My makeup was absolutely flawless and my hair was just as I pictured. My pictures came out gorgeous. These ladies are always fun, upbeat, and willing to do whatever it takes to make everyone in the wedding party feel fabulous. They took extra time to make my mother feel comfortable and look beautiful. She never treats herself and she was beaming after she was finished. I can't express my gratitude to them enough and this definitely won't be the last time we work together. I recommend Metro Elegance to all future brides. They are worth every penny!

Profile Picture Shawn, 6/13/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I am very delayed in writing this review, but the gals at Metro Elegance were top notch for my June 13th wedding. I was very late in looking for hair and makeup artists to come to me for my wedding in St. Michaels, and luckily they happen to have a cancellation. I felt very lucky to have the team of girls that I did (Whitney, Emily, and Becca). Having 9 bridesmaids plus myself, they had a lot of work ahead of them on wedding day, but they showed up on time, ready to get going. In fact, we were even ahead of schedule so there was no day of stress. Everyone loved their wedding day look and they really listened to what my girls wanted for their look as well.

If you get the chance to work with Whitney, she truly is the best. My trial was just over a week before the wedding, and I realized then that my hair was nowhere near the length that I wanted it to be for the big day. Not only did Whitney rush order extensions, she went over 30 miles out of her way to meet me to match my color to make sure they arrived in time. Not only that, she went above and beyond to accommodate me into her busy schedule to put them in. It also might even seem trivial, but she gave me a salon quality brush to make sure they were perfect for the big day. And they were! Also, despite the June weather being super hot, my makeup stayed put and did not sweat off. I really felt like a gorgeous bride!

I would recommend these girls to any bride in the area, but book early because I happen to get very lucky!

Profile Picture Michelle, 6/13/15, 1 Review