Merlot on the Water Reviews

Merlot on the Water 3
  • Dina

Dina Latour · Married on 06/09/2019

Hidden gem

I had my baby shower here in June. It's a beautiful hidden gem of a place. I got so many compliments on how beautiful the place was. Victoria was great to work with and very accommodating as was all the staff. Everyone was very helpful. I highly recommend this place for any event!

Sent on 07/10/2019
  • Missy

Marissa · Married on 05/10/2019

Absolutely phenomenal!

We got rejected by a bunch of venues because our wedding was “too small” (60 guests) but Merlot was not only the perfect size but local and affordable too! Beautiful historic building, lush gardens, and wonderful food! Victoria is great to work with and goes out of her way to help in any way she can! Truly loved this place and I’m so grateful we were able to get married here!

Sent on 05/18/2019

Renay · Married on 09/08/2018

This place was perfect for our special day. We had 102 guests and the place was perfect for our sized wedding. Victoria was extremely helpful in guiding me with the menu and ceremony. She made sure our bridal party, parents and us were happy. The price for this place is very reasonable for what you get in your package. Victoria meet with us anytime we need and very quick on responding to our emails and concerns. The food was great and her staff was very responsive. It seemed like one of our tables had a order issue but Victoria's staff was on top of it. Our guest seem to really enjoy themselves and the beauty of this place was perfect.

Sent on 09/14/2018

Lyndsay · Married on 09/01/2018

Beautiful place right on the water. The banquet hall is roomy and the grounds outside are stunning. Staff is amazing and extremely accomdating. The food was absolutely delicious! Chef Carl is the best! Thanks for making my sisters bridal shower unforgettable!! Many guests left there inquiring about Merlot on the water for future holiday parties, weddings, and showers. Fantastic venue! Can’t wait to visit again!! Thanks Vic and Staff for being so attentive, flexible and accomodating.

Sent on 09/24/2017
  • Concetta

Concetta · Married on 05/19/2018

It is the perfect venue! We were able to be there the whole day, so we didn't have to travel from getting ready to the ceremony. Even though it rained, there was a beautiful spot inside where we could still hold the ceremony. The tables were set up nicely to have enough room for people to eat, and a big dance floor. Vicki was amazing through the entire planning, helping us with suggestions of vendors and a good list of what needed to be done. Also, the food is phenomenal, from the cocktail hour through the delicious entrees. Absolutely would recommend having an event at Merlot on the Water.

Sent on 06/10/2018

Chelsea · Married on 09/24/2017

We had our ceremony and reception at Merlot on the Water in September 2017. It was incredible! From the moment we began planning with Victoria down to the last song I wouldn't have changed a thing! The food was incredible, we had a buffet style early dinner reception. It's been 10 months I still haven't stopped hearing about how great the appetizers were! The bridal suite is gorgeous and the man cave was great for the guys! It was 90 degrees on our wedding day and I didn't want to leave our guests waiting in the heat and Victoria made sure we started the ceremony on time. The packages they offer are reasonably prices and we were able to cater a few things to meet our needs. I highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 07/12/2018

Pamela · Married on 09/02/2017

My sister recently had her bridal shower at Merlot on the Water. The event was absolutely perfect, the staff was very professional, the views were excuisite and Vic was so wonderful and helpful every step of the way. As my sisters maid of honor, I thought that I would have too many responsibilities and wouldn't have time to enjoy the event, but because Vic was one step ahead of us on everything, I was able to sit down with my sister and enjoy the absolutely DELICIOUS food!

Sent on 09/15/2017

L · Married on 06/30/2017

We were looking for a place that was by the water for a reasonable price. We looked at many venues, but kept coming back to this one. We went to Merlot's open house and was blown away by their food. Chef Carl is so talented! We both knew that we wanted Merlot to be our venue. Victoria was amazing during the whole wedding planning process. She was always patient and kind in answering our questions and gave us some really good suggestions. Chef Carl was also so kind and understanding when setting up our menu since we had a couple of guests with some dietary restrictions.

I am so glad that we chose Merlot on the Water for our wedding day. Victoria and her staff help set up our decor and it was so beautiful! It was a great stress relief for me and my guests loved how they set everything up. A few minutes before our ceremony was about to begin, it started drizzling and thundering. Victoria and her staff were quickly able to move our ceremony indoors and her no-nonsense attitude help everything run so seamlessly. She even bustled my dress. We are so thankful for Victoria, Chef Carl, and the rest of the staff and how they help make our day perfect. Our guests still rave at how wonderful everything was with our wedding - the food, the banquet hall, the location and view, how seamlessly everything went with moving the event inside, etc. Thank you so much!!

Sent on 12/30/2017

Krista · Married on 06/09/2017

Victoria is AMAZING! Food was wonderful! It was the best day of our lives. It was everything we ever could have imagined! Thank you for making our day one we won't forget.

Sent on 09/20/2017

Paulina · Married on 05/21/2017

I had my bridal shower a couple months ago at Merlot on the Water. We arrived at the venue an hour before guest arrived, 80 in total, the entire staff was available and ready to help set up all our decorations and props. The event was absolutely amazing, the staff was very professional, the outdoor scenery as well as all the seasonal flowers were beautiful. The food, from the appetizers to the main meal was nothing but delicious and perfectly seasoned. Victoria was helpful and fun to work with from the day we first booked the venue to the day of the event. My family and I were so happy with our experience at Merlot on the Water, we will be having my parents wedding anniversary April 2018.

Sent on 09/18/2017

Maria · Married on 05/19/2017

AMAZING! Absolutely amazing. Victoria and Carl are wonderful and I can't say enough wonderful things. Our guests all raved about how beautiful of a venue it is. Our wedding was perfect in so many ways.

Sent on 09/13/2017

nicole · Married on 06/10/2016

Victoria was beyond amazing when helping us to plan our wedding. She quickly respond to all of my questions and emails no matter how big or small the questions were. The venue was stunning and we felt that we had more than our money's worth. The waitstaff at the wedding were all so friendly and made sure that everyone there was taken care of. There are no words to properly describe how beautiful the venue is inside and out. Please, if you get the chance, take a look and see for yourself!

Sent on 06/19/2016

Tiffany and Spencer · Married on 10/17/2015

Merlot on the Water was a truly amazing venue. From the very start they made planning fun and easy for us. They were very flexible, accommodating and helpful with suggestions. It was nice having a venue that took care of the ceremony, reception, food and everything in between. They made our experience unforgettable and our day turned out more perfect than we imagined it would. The food was delicious and the entire staff was friendly and great at what they do, especially Victoria who helped us so much through the whole process. We do videography for weddings so we have seen many venues over the years and this one is definitely one of a kind. Very impressed and we would recommend them to everyone.

Sent on 12/09/2015

Ashley · Married on 09/05/2015

Merlot on the Water is absolutely beautiful. My fiance and I completely fell in love with the simple but elegant feel of the older restored building and the closeness of the buisness. We are having our wedding here in Sept and can't wait!

Sent on 02/21/2015

I have only wonderful things to say about Merlot on the Water. They made my wedding day absolutely perfect. Victoria and her staff are so amazing and accommodating, I wouldn't have changed a thing!! All of our guests raved about what a beautiful venue it was. I couldn't agree more. The outside area for the ceremony and pictures (with the pond in the background, the arch, gazebo, fountain, and flowers) was absolutely stunning, and the ballroom with its huge chandelier was the perfect setting for our reception. Plus, the bridal suite is wonderful for taking "getting ready" photos. Merlot on the Water has a charm about it that makes it feel more special than a typical banquet hall. Our photographer had never been to the venue before, and she commented multiple times throughout the night about what a great choice I had made! Not only were the grounds at Merlot amazing, but so was food and the service. They were very flexible with the menu choices and allowed us to get all of the entrees gluten-free because we had several gluten-free guests. The dinner was delicious. Chef Carl even came around and asked everyone how they enjoyed the meal. I can't say enough about how great this place is. From the start of the planning process until my wedding day, I have been VERY happy with my choice to have my wedding at Merlot on the Water!! Would HIGHLY recommend them!

Sent on 09/29/2014

Can't say enough wonderful things about Merlot! Everything was perfect for my wedding day! I highly recommend you having your special event here. Victoria was so flexible and helpful throughout the whole process of planning the wedding while my husband was stationed overseas. It was very hard to find a vendor who was this helpful and lenient. On the day of the wedding, the atmosphere was everything we were looking for. The food was great, the chef even came out and went to every table to ask how the food was! I couldn't have asked for a better experience!

Sent on 07/21/2014

We had our wedding here and it was just perfect. The venue is quaint with an elegant feel. We loved it. Our guests raved about the entire day. The grounds outside for the ceremony were beautiful and the service and staff inside was wonderful as well. We are so glad we chose to have our special day here! I would recommend this venue to anyone!

Sent on 04/21/2014

Laura · Married on 01/11/2014

I had my wedding reception at Merlot on the Water in the beginning of January. Everything went beautifully and I could not have asked for a better reception venue.

As I live in the DC area and was getting married in Connecticut where my family was based, I was not able to meet with Victoria (the owner at Merlot) in person until the actual wedding. She was incredibly wonderful to work with and was very understanding of my situation. She worked closely with my mother yet kept me informed throughout the entire process.

The venue was beautiful. All the guests had only great things to say. The food was fantastic and they made sure to cater to me (vegetarian). The price was incredibly reasonable as well. I also loved that the venue was all to ourselves. A lot of places are event rooms attached to restaurants and such where guests have to share bathrooms with restaurant guests etc..However at Merlot, the place is just an event venue so we had it all to our own.

I would definitely suggest Merlot on the Water for any event that you might have.

Sent on 01/28/2014

Rich · Married on 06/11/2017

My wife and I got married here in June. They went above and beyond to make sure that everything was what we wanted it to be. The food was amazing and many of our guest said that as well. I would highly recommend for a wedding or any other event you maybe thinking to have.

Sent on 09/20/2017
  • Chloe

Chloe S · Married on 06/29/2019

A simple and beautiful day!

We had the best day of our lives at Merlot on the Water. We had never heard about it before, but when we found ourselves scrambling in March when our original reception venue closed down (4 months before the wedding!!), Merlot on the Water had our date open and quickly accommodated us and our needs. My husband and I did not have to worry about a single thing the whole reception with Victoria running the show and making sure everything went smoothly. We were impressed by her down-to-earth personality, her creativity and flexibility, and her natural professionalism. And it felt like we had a friend running our wedding for us; we trusted her so much. From beginning to end, no matter what kind of questions (even the weird ones!), Victoria was available to answer and assist in planning the day even up to the morning of. She checked in with us a couple times during the reception and was easy to find when we needed her--but she didn't hover! The food was delicious(the chef even came out to say hello and check in the guests!), the staff friendly and helpful, and the grounds beautiful to spend the evening beside. We are still getting compliments over a month later on how beautiful and easy going our wedding was. Merlot on the Water fit exactly the type of reception we wanted to have. Highly recommend to those looking to have a fun and elegant wedding!

Sent on 08/08/2019
  • Emma

Emma · Married on 05/20/2017

We've been married for about five months now and Victoria was our best vendor! We were so, so happy with everything she did to make our day happen! We had problems with another vendor and Victoria went out of her way to help us. A million stars!

Victoria has been amazing. She is so flexible and accommodating. Whatever we want, she's been able to make happen. We've been able to pick certain alcohol we want, at no extra cost. She has a groom's room AND a bridal suite AND a bridesmaids' area. The menu is incredible. She has made us feel so relaxed every step of the way. Our wedding isn't until May, but we booked with her almost two years ago, and if the preparation is any indication of how the wedding will go, it'll be phenomenal. Definitely recommend!

Sent on 01/19/2017
    Merlot on the Water 4
    Merlot on the Water 5
    Merlot on the Water 6

Merlot on the Water's reply:

Thanks Emma!!!

Mike · Married on 08/13/2011

My husband and I decided to get married after only a year together. This was the second marriage for both of us, so we weren't looking for anything crazy and wanted to stay on a budget. We had about 5-weeks to get everything together from the time we decided to get married. Merlot on the Water is new, and right down the street from our house. We stopped in randomly one Saturday morning when we saw cars there and were thrilled with the facility. Everything was new and clean. We were welcomed by a family duo that had started the business and their chef. Although our time frame was short and budget was tight we were able to buckle down, put together a menu and get our wedding on track. Everything went off perfectly. The food was amazing, champagne was cold and we couldn't have asked for more!

Sent on 04/30/2012

Emily · Married on 08/12/2017

0.8
      2.0
      0.5

The wedding planner had an attitude during the wedding and was disrespectful to the wedding party. She disappeared during our event. I can't say that is being very professional and I will be in touch with the owner about this service. The overall location is phenomenal. I was not pleased with our dinner for the amount of money we paid. Our phone calls were not returned.

Sent on 09/06/2017

Merlot on the Water's reply:

Hi Emily,
    Truly sorry to hear you feel that way. The day of the event there were nothing but good things said from all of your guests, we had no indication of your displeasure. I, Victoria, the owner, whom you are also considering the wedding planner am an added benefit of booking your event with Merlot. While I do not offer the full service of a wedding planner, I do offer the complimentary service of experience and knowledge to make your planning process smoother, as well as the day-of coordination. I was also very present in all the key aspects of the wedding from the rehearsal, all the way through keeping the event on the time schedule. If I do remember correctly, we did play a bit of phone tag, as we both work opposite schedules. I will contact you so we can discuss your concerns and I can have a better understanding of your negative review. Victoria