Megan Montalvo Photography Reviews

12 Reviews for Megan Montalvo Photography

• Grace

Grace Miller · Married on 08/02/2019

Best Documentary Style/Adventure Photographer

Megan is an absolute rockstar. First, she was 7 months pregnant while shooting our wedding and didn't miss a beat. Her easy-going personality put everyone at ease, but don't let that fool you - she's possibly the most organized and focused person I know. I didn't have a day-of coordinator and Megan seamlessly helped lead us through the day, not to mention her photos are GORGEOUS. My husband and I really wanted someone who could truly document our day, not send us home with lots of staged, stiff still-lifes. Megan's style perfectly captures what we wanted - photos of our friends and family celebrating with us, lots of candid moments, and editing that reflects the actual lighting fo the day (not a heavily filtered sepia Instagram look). I'm honored that through the process of working with her, Megan became a friend and not just our photographer!

Sent on 08/23/2019
  • Christin

Christin Hinzman · Married on 07/27/2019

Perfect photographer for the most perfect day!

Let me start by saying that there were a lot of details that go into a wedding that I didn't really care about, but I knew that I wanted the most amazing photos because it's all you have at the end of the day. From our first meeting with Megan (and her cats) I knew she was going to be amazing! And boy did she deliver!! The photos of our day turned out absolutely stunning!! She made ordinary backgrounds look extraordinary! It was nothing short of a pleasure working with her and her second shooter Asia, who was so kind and also got some of my favorite shots! It is hard to pick a photographer but if Megan is available for your day, run quickly to book her, you will not regret it! Your money will be more than well spent! Thank you Megan for documenting our most perfect day!

Sent on 08/27/2019

Sarah · Married on 05/26/2019

Megan did a PHENOMENAL job with our engagement pictures at Mount Rainier National Park! Not only am I camera shy, but I typically don’t like how I look in photos. Not only was Megan incredibly friendly and comfortable to work with, but she is straight up MAGIC with the camera. When I received the gallery I was stunned to find that I LOVED every. single. picture. Each shot was expertly composed and looked like it came out of a dream. I had more than a few people tell me that my engagement photos were the best ones that they had ever seen. You will absolutely not regret hiring Megan as your photographer.

Sent on 08/13/2018

Jessie · Married on 10/20/2018

Megan photographed our destination Hawaiian elopement in May 2017. The pictures were TO. DIE. FOR. Megan has a gift of using the natural light and scenery to create the dreamiest pictures you’ll ever see. She made my husband and I feel very at ease in front of the camera with her fun personality, which comes across as genuine laughter and smiles in our pictures. She was also very organized with our timeline, kept everyone on track, and created a stress-free day. I would hire Megan for any future photography in a heartbeat.

Sent on 06/11/2017

Megan Montalvo Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words Jessie! I loved being able to travel to Kauai for your destination wedding. Cheers to a happy marriage!

Tiffany · Married on 07/22/2018

I cannot say enough amazing things about Megan as a person and especially as a photographer! From our engagement pictures to our wedding day, Megan made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera and captured our love so perfectly! Our pictures show the essence of the day and you can feel every emotion through each and every picture! Megan is so kind and so good at what she does! We have the most amazing photos to cherish for the rest of our lives!

Sent on 09/08/2018

Angela · Married on 06/16/2018

When seeking out a wedding photographer, we wanted someone who not only took beautiful photos, but who also was responsive, organized, enthusiastic, and appreciates the great outdoors of the PNW. Megan was all of this and more. From the beginning, she put us at ease and we were so impressed by her organization and attention to detail. She was flexible, working with us to make sure we got what we wanted for a price within our budget. Our engagement session with her solidified our decision to have her as our wedding photographer. She made us feel natural in front of the camera and truly captured the spirit of our relationship and the beautiful surroundings that we love. For our wedding, she perfectly captured the emotion and "feel" of our outdoor wedding and we are so pleased with our photos. Not only is Megan an excellent photographer and incredibly organized, but she's also so down-to-earth and someone we want to spend time with in the future!

Sent on 07/22/2018

Chelsey Brozek · Married on 05/05/2018

Incredible Destination Wedding Photographer!

Our photos are amazing and Megan was our rock from the start!

Our wedding was no easy fete- a destination wedding at a residence in FL meant that everything from the DJ to catering and rentals had to be booked individually and somehow sinc-up with a non traditional wedding venue.

Megan was so helpful and immediately made us a timeline. We spoke at length about what was important to us and she tailored a plan for our perfect day.

With unexpected rain, she was able to keep us calm and confident and had back up plans in place to capture our first look and wedding party photos. We love every shot!

On the day of, you want photographers that are creative, smart, organized, discreet, and flexible. Megan is simply the best and the end results blew us away! We are coming up on our year anniversary and it is the greatest feeling to be able to look back on all of the wonderful moments from that day. We couldn't be happier with our experience or our photos!

Sent on 03/10/2019

Susie · Married on 07/16/2017

I can't recommend Megan enough. She did my engagement shoot in the spring of 2017 (out in a remote area of the Olympic Peninsula) and my wedding day on July 16, 2017 in the Auburn, WA area. She is professional, enjoyable to be around and work with, has great energy, and seems to love what she does therefore exceeds at it. When I posted a selection of our photos on my facebook, the feedback from guests, friends & acquaintances was amazing. More than one person said they were the most beautiful wedding photos they had ever seen. I know that sounds extreme, but it's true! My husband and I aren't naturals in front of the camera but she captured us both at our best. She has great taste and is competitive in what you will get for the price. I mean this in terms of quality, but also responsiveness, flexibility, number of images and options. Hire her! I am going to hire her to do a boudoir shoot as a surprise for my husband in the near future and if we are blessed enough to have kids, hire her to do birth day photos (samples you can see on her fb). Thank you so much, Megan!

Sent on 09/11/2017

Megan Montalvo Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words! Your wedding was one for the books and I'm so honored to have been there!

Derek · Married on 07/15/2017

Having Megan as part of our wedding day experience was great. She blended in and did a wonderful job. She’s an incredibly talented photographer.

Sent on 02/25/2018

Megan Montalvo Photography's reply:

Thank you so much! We consider ourselves very fortunate to have crossed paths with you two and have been given the opportunity to capture your wedding. Best wishes to you both. <3

Emily · Married on 05/26/2017

We loved Megan's work and personality. Her sharp images captured everything-- the energy of our guests, our special moments, and the beauty of our venue. We saw it all through our wedding album. And as we share the images with loved ones, the response was unanimous: "your photographer was amazing!"

Sent on 12/27/2017

Megan Montalvo Photography's reply:

You two are too sweet! Thank you so much for having us capture your special day! :)

Cheyanne · Married on 04/28/2017

Megan was an absolute dream to work with, from the initial consultation (which was over Skype, by the way) to how quickly we received our gallery. As Matt and I planned our elopement, there were two things I had to have: A wedding dress that I adored, and a phenomenal photographer. And from the very beginning that was Megan! Not only did she take breathtaking pictures, she also helped me plan my elopement - From suggesting hair/make up and florists to moving the pictures to Oregon so that we had sun on a very rainy day. I also want to speak to how comfortable she made Matt and I feel in front of the camera. Matt is in the military and to get him to smile in a picture is a job in itself. In fact, when I first contacted her, I ended the email with "While I'm the girl that cheeses too much, he's the one not to cheese at all". Therefore, when I received the gallery a few days ago, I was floored. Nearly 99% (give or take a little) had a very "smiley" husband. That's because of Megan and the techniques she uses. If you're looking for the wedding photographer (or anything else!) that is going to capture the love that you and your partner have, don't look any further - It's Megan!

Sent on 05/13/2017

Megan Montalvo Photography's reply:

You and Matt are the sweetest! Your kind review reminds me that clients like you are the reason why I do what I do. I'm so happy to have captured your elopement and even happier with how satisfied you are with the experience. Thank you so much for choosing me! I can't wait for you to see your beautiful photos in print.

Marie · Married on 08/20/2016

Megan was amazing to work with for our wedding and I highly recommend her! Her photos of our wedding are BEAUTIFUL! Megan was extremely helpful, easy to work with, and professional. She went beyond what I believe most photographers would do in many ways, including reaching out to me during the planning process to see if she could be helpful and even visited our wedding venue several months in advance to check out photo opportunities. On the big day, she was very flexible, helpful, and accommodating to work with both of families. We found some beautiful, fun photo spots after the ceremony that Megan created some of our favorite pictures with. We were extremely happy to have work with such a talented, sweet, professional photographer and will always cherish the amazing pictures she created. I highly recommend Megan and am looking forward to working with her again.

Sent on 10/06/2016

Megan Montalvo Photography's reply:

Thank you so, so much for the kind words Marie! I loved getting to know you two and capture those sweet moments for you! I hope you are enjoying each other as newly weds and I can not wait for our next adventure together!