Megan Alvarez Photography Reviews

9 | Boulder, CO

9 Reviews for Megan Alvarez Photography

Emillie · Married on 06/12/2015

I can't tell you how much we enjoyed working with Megan. She was professional and an excellent Cat-herder with our families, and carefree and fun with the bridal party. She got so many moments I didn't even know were happening and captured the mood of the event beautifully. Beware, while working with Megan you will experience an undeniable need to throw back some beers with her, and a weird feeling that you're hanging out with your best friend, not a vendor.

We booked long distance for a venue none of use had ever seen, did our shot lists online, did everything ver the phone. We met once in April after we'd already paid our deposit, but I knew as soon as I read her Bio that I wanted to work with her. Her prices are extra reasonable, and frankly, knowing now how special these photos are to me, I would have paid much more.

In short: DO IT

Sent on 07/13/2015

Becky · Married on 06/28/2014

Megan is wonderful. So happy with our choice to have her as our wedding photographer. She was very helpful before the wedding day in helping us make a plan for the types of photos we wanted and which photography package worked for us. I live out of town, and she took the time to Skype with me and then meet up with my parents in person. On our wedding day, she was extremely helpful and generally an enjoyable person to have around during such a stressful and crazy day! I barely noticed her taking pictures of us, she did a great job not getting in our faces and giving us space while also capturing everything. We are actually still waiting on the final photos, but I know they will be amazing! All of her work is beautiful and she is truly a talented photographer. So glad we found her and would recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 07/17/2014

Maia · Married on 06/07/2014

Megan is amazing!!! Megan took our engagement pictures and was so much fun to hang out with! It was like spending the day with a friend, who was also taking a ton of pictures. Her pictures are fun, beautiful and technically amazing. She wasn't able to photograph our wedding but made sure to help us find a replacement photographer. Megan is phenomenal and the coolest person. I would recommend her to anyone and can't wait to hang out with her again :)

Sent on 06/24/2014

Kirby · Married on 09/14/2013

I am so thrilled and honored to not only call Megan my wedding photographer, but a new and very dear friend. I was VERY picky about our photographer and spent countless hours searching for the perfect fit for my husband and my style. Megan jumped off the screen at us and I knew her photographic style would be just what we had been looking for. I fell in love with Megan's style from the moment I saw her photos on OffbeatBride.com and then fell in love with her personality and attitude the first time we met for beers! Through the entire process of engagement photos, wedding planning, and the day of the wedding itself, Megan was the most phenomenal partner I could have asked for. Not only are we delighted with the finished products, but we are absolutely over the moon about the experience she provided. My wedding took place on 9/14/13, right smack dab in the middle of the Colorado floods, and I live (and hosted the wedding) in Estes Park, which was hit extremely hard by the disaster. Megan and Caroline (her second shooter for our day) went far above and beyond to ensure that they were here for our day and that it was just as special as we had hoped for. I cannot say enough positive things about Megan and her level of professionalism, skill, and overall character. She is the best and I strongly, whole-heartedly recommend her.

Sent on 10/18/2013
  • Patricia

Patricia · Married on 04/13/2013

Megan did an absolutely incredible job with our wedding. The photos were beautiful and I was immediately transported back to our wedding day looking through them. The portraits and group shots were perfect but the way she was able to capture the feelings and events of the day is what makes her an amazing photographer. She was very organized and responsive, always on time, and delivered photos, slideshows, and photo books before she even said she would. She provides packages that cover anything you could want and also has more affordable packages. As an added bonus Megan is a blast to hang out with during your wedding planning and at your actual wedding. I can't imagine being more comfortable and enthusiastic recommending her to everyone who is going through wedding planning and plant to use Megan for all my photo needs!

Sent on 06/03/2013

Shelley · Married on 09/08/2012

Our pictures are absolutely gorgeous and I cannot thank Megan enough for her fantastic work. Plus, her prices are affordable! I was beginning to think it wasn't possible to find a good photographer for under $3,500 but then a friend referred me to Megan and I never looked back. Call Megan today; she is so, so talented and friendly and easy to work with on top of that.

Sent on 09/17/2012
  • Kira

Kira · Married on 06/22/2016

We hired Megan to shoot our engagement and wedding photos and received our engagement pictures a few weeks ago. They are gorgeous! She was creative, flexible, and made us feel comfortable with her and in front of the camera. Her style is amazing, and our pictures look so authentic and natural. We highly recommend her and can't wait to see the pictures she takes of our wedding!

Sent on 04/15/2016

3.0

Megan was fantastic, a true artist. She is so fun to work with and really put us all at ease. Our pictures are so wonderful, I couldn't ask for more.

Sent on 11/18/2014

Stef · Married on 06/18/2016

Megan is an amazing photographer and an awesome person! We just got our wedding photos back and looove them! I love that she provides the engagement session, along with a then sneak peak after the wedding, a slide show (with great music), gallery link to share, and then, of course, all of the photos. This makes it so simple to share photos with friends and family. Megan is affordable, responsive, flexible and professional. We had to change our engagement session several times and she was happy to accommodate. She was so much fun at the wedding and just goes with the flow and our guests loved her! Her candid style of photography is just my style and I couldn't be happier that we chose Megan for our big day. I highly recommend using Megan for your wedding photos!

Sent on 08/09/2016